PDA

View Full Version : Missing DNA sequences

huhhuh1982
04-13-2013, 02:26 AM
Just picked up the series, currently working on AC1. I noticed that there were missing DNA sequences in completed memory blocks. A search confirmed that these were incomplete investigation missions, and could be unlocked by replaying the memory block.

I tried selecting the specific incomplete DNA strand in the memory block and selecting replay. However, the game puts me all the way at the beginning of the memory block.

Is there a way to just play the specific incomplete investigation missions, or at least fast forward to some instance where viewpoints were already revealed, or you're already in the bureau? Or do I have no choice but to play the entire segment from the beginning? Already close to the end of the game, and not really keen on replaying EVERYTHING (reveal viewpoints, etc), not when AC2, Brotherhood, Revelations, and AC3 are beckoning...

rajkumari15
04-14-2013, 02:22 AM
I would also like to have an answer to this. I am trying to kill Talat in Jerusalem, but the gameplay gets really slow and Altair stops doing what I tell him to via the keyboard ( for example he puts his sword away although I have not keyed this) so I keep failing, and having to go back to the bureau every time I log in as if I had not reached this checkpoint is awful - it wastes half an hour to get back to where I need to start from! Trying to access Talat on the initial memory block just comes up with the message that the other guy assassinated previously is locked, but I don't click on that I click on Talat, but the system seems to ignore this! Surely one should be able to start from the latest memory not the start of the whole sequence?

Abeonis
04-14-2013, 06:58 PM
No.

m.dietz
04-14-2013, 07:13 PM
Once you finished a section completely, you can only restart the complete sequence, not parts of it. The function to replay specific missions was introduced in AC II, because there you HAVE separate missions. In AC1 there is no order for the missions other that the assassination mission is the last one after the inverstigation missions, so the game could not even fast-forward you to a specific point for an investigation mission as this point can be everywhere.

@rajkumari15: When Altair gets slow then this means, that you already reached the final key zone. Altair will not run here to not attract attention, and he will put away his sword for the same reason. You have to reach the misson spot to start the video sequence. After that the game (and Altair) should behave normal. When you fail the assassination and restart at the bureau, you only have to talk to the person there again to restart the final assassination mission. I don't know which "half hour" you need to get back to that point, but I guess it might be, because you are replaying an already completed sequence and therefore have to tsrat al lover again. Try NOT to log out after you failed tha last kill, but repeat it immediately!

Regards
Martin

rajkumari15
04-14-2013, 07:57 PM
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I do have to re-log in as after one attempt my fingers won't work any more! The half=hour is in waiting for the bureau bit to go through, then the run, with some fights, ALL the way back to Talat's place, then the long video bits there as well. One go of this is enough for me in one session! Good to know this improves in AC2. I also had intended to go back to any missed bits later on. I was leaving most of the flag collecting till later so I could get on with the main story. I was not just trying to run away when attacked, but do some somersaulting over the enemy to change position. I know he can do this, but he won't when the enemy are actually there, unlike in Prince of Persia. At least he won't for me!