PDA

View Full Version : playing as Haytham in AC4 ? (Edward spoiler)

nitres15
04-13-2013, 01:07 AM
from the AC wiki
"i've been saying this alot but I'll say it one more time... AC3 should have taught you that the storyline doesn't HAVE to end in 1729...they could very well continue or end the plot with you controlling a young Haythem in a reverse surprise of what they did in AC3 (Surprisingly start off as Haythem and then play as young connor -> Surprisingly end as young Haythem after playing as Edward). This way we can see Edward's death first hand and then maybe even set up a cliffhanger so that the next game could be a Connor POST Revolutionary War / Young Haythem storyline.... like they did with Revelations and Ezio & Altair.... especially considering they've called this Part 2 of the Kenway Saga which would imply there's at least one more Kenway game after this"

Darby did say in an interview that he wanted to surprise players at the end of ac4, even those who read the book. Whachu guys think ?

silvermercy
04-13-2013, 01:14 AM
from the AC wiki
Darby did say in an interview that he wanted to surprise players at the end of ac4, even those who read the book. Whachu guys think ?
We either see Connor/Haytham again orrr... Edward doesn't die as in the book??
I'm almost sure now there's gonna be another Kenway game. lol Question is who? A modern Kenway??

AdamPearce
04-13-2013, 01:49 AM
An AC where we played young Haytham and Post AC3 with Connor could be awesome. But we have to find something to do for Connor, maybe French Revolution?

But Jade Raymond said that ACV would come up (probably next year) so we are going to change character and period again?

poptartz20
04-14-2013, 08:57 AM
OH! wow.. I'm curious to know what I would be. They would be going against everything if they decided to keep Edward alive, because Haytham wouldn't have been a templar. Well I mean it would just alter the story way too much. Maybe will play as jenny?

Personally I'm loving the Kenway saga!

pirate1802
04-14-2013, 10:14 AM
I'm 100% sure there will be another Connor game, whether solo or shared, after AC IV. Anybody willing to bet for teh Beiber sig?

Sushiglutton
04-14-2013, 10:36 AM
I'm 100% sure there will be another Connor game, whether solo or shared, after AC IV. Anybody willing to bet for teh Beiber sig?

I'll take that bet :D. I bet that the game after AC4:BF won't have Connor as the leading proatgonist (he may still be playable in some shorter sequence).

pirate1802
04-14-2013, 10:51 AM
(he may still be playable in some shorter sequence).
That's what I'm saying -_-

Sushiglutton
04-14-2013, 10:54 AM
That's what I'm saying -_-

Ah ok I thought that by "Connor game" you meant he would be the main protagonist. No bet then :)

AjinkyaParuleka
04-14-2013, 12:32 PM
lil Haytham?If there is one...I hope they make Haytham's first kill scene epic.

silvermercy
04-14-2013, 12:41 PM
lil Haytham?If there is one...I hope they make Haytham's first kill scene epic.
hehe! That'd be great! I have the feeling it would be an assassin though.

Edward: Now why did you do that son!? He's on our side!
Haytham: oops!

ArabianFrost
04-14-2013, 02:55 PM
We either see Connor/Haytham again orrr... Edward doesn't die as in the book??
I'm almost sure now there's gonna be another Kenway game. lol Question is who? A modern Kenway??

You know, Connor didn't a stay virgin forever. Also, Edward did return to London for sometime before conceiving Haytham, so there'z always the story of how the assassins obtained the key to the temple, right until it landed around the not-so-safe neck of Miko. Can you not see the potential? You know how Haytham apologizes to Miko before assassinating him? This backstory in London of Haytham and the assassins and what not can serve as an interesting plot. Don't know how they'll execute it though, but it's a very liable canon and they seem to have hinted it already.

silvermercy
04-14-2013, 03:04 PM
You know, Connor didn't a stay virgin forever. Also, Edward did return to London for sometime before conceiving Haytham, so there'z always the story of how the assassins obtained the key to the temple, right until it landed around the not-so-safe neck of Miko. Can you not see the potential? You know how Haytham apologizes to Miko before assassinating him? This backstory in London of Haytham and the assassins and what not can serve as an interesting plot. Don't know how they'll execute it though, but it's a very liable canon and they seem to have hinted it already.
If we see another Kenway game it makes sense to have it in London. It's like it's heading to that direction as Edward finally settles there. Then everything's open for the next Kenway assassin. It could be Connor, it could be Connor's children/grandchildren... I believe/hope we'll see a Kenway in London.
(Edward's residence is so close to my London house, I'll take pics next time I'm there and post here. lol).

TrueHazzaz
04-14-2013, 03:25 PM
I think that, however cool a game in London would be, it wouldn't be that much of a change from ACIII's scenery. You have to remember that they're English buildings and layouts, so it was pretty much an English town anyway.

pacmanate
04-14-2013, 03:30 PM
I didn't like the way Edward died in the book, wasn't realistic to me. 3 guys attacked him and ended up killing him? How can 3 guys kill Edward.

silvermercy
04-14-2013, 04:09 PM
I think that, however cool a game in London would be, it wouldn't be that much of a change from ACIII's scenery. You have to remember that they're English buildings and layouts, so it was pretty much an English town anyway.
It doesn't matter. It's London. LOL Just the historical monuments would be enough for me. I had the Jack the Ripper night tour once and the feeling was fantastically eery. Would love to have Sherlock Holmes featured, too. xD

I didn't like the way Edward died in the book, wasn't realistic to me. 3 guys attacked him and ended up killing him? How can 3 guys kill Edward.
Same here.

pacmanate
04-14-2013, 04:21 PM
Same here.

I think if they show him in game it won't be the same death. However they show it anyway, whether its a short movie or something. Just think about it in game, taking out like 20 -30 - 40 people in AC3/AC4 or something and then 3 people kill you...

silvermercy
04-14-2013, 04:25 PM
I think if they show him in game it won't be the same death. However they show it anyway, whether its a short movie or something. Just think about it in game, taking out like 20 -30 - 40 people in AC3/AC4 or something and then 3 people kill you...
Yeah, it doesn't make sense at all. Unless his wife is a secret Templar and lets them all in! lol

p.s. I don't want him to die... *sniff* :(

pacmanate
04-14-2013, 04:29 PM
Yeah, it doesn't make sense at all. Unless his wife is a secret Templar and lets them all in! lol

p.s. I don't want him to die... *sniff* :(

How was Ezio still fertile at 55?

nitres15
04-14-2013, 04:47 PM
How was Ezio still fertile at 55?

im not 100% sure but... men donīt lose their fertility .

AjinkyaParuleka
04-14-2013, 05:20 PM
I got this theory about how Eddie died to those 3 individuals.Those 3 guys must be Master Templar(or a Higher templar)thus making them skilled.Edward,who we know as an Assassin could have not bested 3 Templar who got armor and shizz.It's not like Edward died without giving a fight,he must have wounded them,might have even killed one or two.Taking the time where it takes place,Edward is undergeared,yeah that means he doesn't has his signature weapons.He didn't had his dual cutlasses,his guns,his hidden blade with him,making him less tougher and also without the presence of any leather armor,it was also very easy.He also was worried about his family.
Or there is a back story to it too.

ArabianFrost
04-14-2013, 06:06 PM
im not 100% sure but... men donīt lose their fertility .

As long as men have functional testes intact, they can never go infertile, regardless of age(though they might not always be able to engage in intercourse). On the other hand, women use up all their eggs at a certain age, so they can become infertile eventually.

ArabianFrost
04-14-2013, 06:19 PM
As for Jenny, she almost seems like the perfect candidate for this London adventure. Her quarrels with Edward can prove to be of central focus. The character we all loved and cherished in the past games, being unfair to his daughter, showing the darker darker side of Edward. You can play as Jenny as she tries to gain the appraisal of her ever-so-denying father (long story, short:Edward was a a sort of **** to Jenny). IF they can diverge from the Desmond lineage to a different one of Jenny's, they can do it, though I have my personal fears of the execution of such a thing.

pacmanate
04-14-2013, 10:32 PM
I got this theory about how Eddie died to those 3 individuals.Those 3 guys must be Master Templar(or a Higher templar)thus making them skilled.Edward,who we know as an Assassin could have not bested 3 Templar who got armor and shizz.It's not like Edward died without giving a fight,he must have wounded them,might have even killed one or two.Taking the time where it takes place,Edward is undergeared,yeah that means he doesn't has his signature weapons.He didn't had his dual cutlasses,his guns,his hidden blade with him,making him less tougher and also without the presence of any leather armor,it was also very easy.He also was worried about his family.
Or there is a back story to it too.

But the 3 people were just hired thugs... I think, I will check tonight. He did have his sword though, he doesn't need two swords to be good, if so, he sucks.

shobhit7777777
04-14-2013, 10:46 PM
It doesn't matter. It's London. LOL Just the historical monuments would be enough for me. I had the Jack the Ripper night tour once and the feeling was fantastically eery. Would love to have Sherlock Holmes featured, too. xD

Say more things like this..don't stop

ACfan443
04-14-2013, 11:06 PM

Boston and New York were like a young and underdeveloped version of England. London was significantly different - vaster, older buildings, buildings crafted from stone, huge monuments, denser, full of character, etc.

http://www.victorianlondon.org/images/ludgate.gif

I think it would be a brilliant location for an AC game.

ArabianFrost
04-14-2013, 11:22 PM
Boston and New York were like a young and underdeveloped version of England. London was significantly different - vaster, older buildings, buildings crafted from stone, huge monuments, denser, full of character, etc.

http://www.victorianlondon.org/images/ludgate.gif

I think it would be a brilliant location for an AC game.

In case anyone wants more proof of the grandeur of London, try to play Dishonored, the closest game ever to depicting Victorian london (yet ;) ).

silvermercy
04-14-2013, 11:24 PM
Say more things like this..don't stop
uuh okay... sure! LOL

Charles D***ens would be a great figure for a Kenway to meet, too, in Victorian London. (Can't believe the author's name was censored! LOL)
This film still gives a good idea of what the London streets of D***ens' times would look like. (<-- LOL @ the censoring)

http://youtu.be/v-5Ts_i164c

By the way, according to AC Wiki this is the White's Chocolate House on Chesterfield Street where Edward, Tessa and Haytham had gone to celebrate his 8th birthday. On their return home someone tried to steal Tessa's necklace. (Reginald Birch was also with the family then).
I've also been outside this building. So maybe I stood exactly where Edward and Haytham stood! *wipes tear from eye*

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/30/White%27s_Club_St_James%27s_Street_-_geograph.org.uk_-_1375768.jpg

silvermercy
04-14-2013, 11:25 PM
in case anyone wants more proof of the grandeur of london, try to play dishonored, the closest game ever to depicting victorian london (yet ;) ).
omg yes!!!

ACfan443
04-14-2013, 11:30 PM
In case anyone wants more proof of the grandeur of London, try to play Dishonored, the closest game ever to depicting Victorian london (yet ;) ).

Agreed! London is far cry from the boring and bland cities of AC3 :D

shobhit7777777
04-14-2013, 11:37 PM
uuh okay... sure! LOL

Charles D***ens would be a great figure for a Kenway to meet, too, in Victorian London. (Can't believe the author's name was censored! LOL)
This film still gives a good idea of what the London streets of D***ens' times would look like. (<-- LOL @ the censoring)

http://youtu.be/v-5Ts_i164c

By the way, according to AC Wiki this is the White's Chocolate House on Chesterfield Street where Edward, Tessa and Haytham had gone to celebrate his 8th birthday. On their return home someone tried to steal Tessa necklace. (Reginald Birch was also with the family then).
I've also been outside this building. So maybe I stood exactly where Edward and Haytham stood! *wipes tear from eye*

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/30/White's_Club_St_James's_Street_-_geograph.org.uk_-_1375768.jpg

Yyyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssss!

Ahem

Like I've stated before

Vic-London or India......otherwise GTFO

pirate1802
04-15-2013, 06:02 AM

That's because of the difference between the two media. In videogames the protagonist is almost always presented as the immortal hero able to take on legions of soldiers, for gameplay purpose. In books/movies its not always so. In these medium heroes do fall to ordinary mooks all the time. Taking on 30-40 guys is a gameplay attribute, not story one. Which is why it'd only suit a videogame.

poptartz20
04-15-2013, 07:35 AM
I thought that Edward was killed by VERY SKILLED assassins... (granted they weren't really assassins) Umm.. I'll need to look that part up again. It wouldn't make sense for him to die by some random thugs for hire.

Kaschra
04-15-2013, 02:13 PM
If I remember it right, they were mercenaries. So they definitely had experience in fighting.