PDA

View Full Version : Patrice Desilets

Zafar1981
04-12-2013, 06:59 AM
I want Patrice Desilets to be the creative director of next Assassin's Creed game.

AjinkyaParuleka
04-12-2013, 07:11 AM
Ashraf Ishmail already is.

Assassin_M
04-12-2013, 07:12 AM
And I want 5 women every morning, but we can`t have everything we want now can we ??

Scystab
04-12-2013, 08:13 AM
Don't you just love it how fans make demands? :p uh, that even rhymed

ProletariatPleb
04-12-2013, 08:22 AM
What if he doesn't want to be?

lothario-da-be
04-12-2013, 09:57 AM
Keep on dreaming, he left ac for a reason.

pacmanate
04-12-2013, 10:26 AM
What the hell does that even mean?

How old are you?

Mr_Shade
04-12-2013, 10:57 AM
back on topic please..

FR0ZENZiNE
04-12-2013, 12:28 PM
I think it's possible if he want to do an AC again. It would be great if he would work on AC5 with Jade Raymond and create an oldschool-AC.

AdamPearce
04-12-2013, 01:28 PM
Well you'll be please to know that Jade Raymond is actually working on this ACV which is awesome because she was one the main director of the game with Désilets! AND she handled the ''creation'' of Ubisoft Toronto which is really a big deal so I'm sure she'll be perfect for ACV.

And for Patrice Désilets, he was working on a project with THQ Montréal named ''1666'', and it should be for 2015. But we all know that THQ sends all his games and projects so Ubisoft took the occasion to get Désilets back. So in 2015 we'll probably see a game named '1666' under the logo of Ubisoft..Poor Patrice. Oh yeah and the game is supposed to be an historical game like AC.

FR0ZENZiNE
04-12-2013, 01:51 PM
Ubisoft would attack themself if they release "1666". AC and 1666 have a historical setting.

Assassin_M
04-12-2013, 07:45 PM
Well you'll be please to know that Jade Raymond is actually working on this ACV which is awesome because she was one the main director of the game with Désilets! AND she handled the ''creation'' of Ubisoft Toronto which is really a big deal so I'm sure she'll be perfect for ACV.

And for Patrice Désilets, he was working on a project with THQ Montréal named ''1666'', and it should be for 2015. But we all know that THQ sends all his games and projects so Ubisoft took the occasion to get Désilets back. So in 2015 we'll probably see a game named '1666' under the logo of Ubisoft..Poor Patrice. Oh yeah and the game is supposed to be an historical game like AC.
Jade had nothing to do with the creation of the games...her presence would do nothing.. -__-

if you people are gonna worship somebody, AT LEAST worship the correct people, Patrice is fine, he was the creator of AC, but Jade ?? she had NOTHING TO DO with making the games...she was the PRODUCER....producers do not MAKE the game

lothario-da-be
04-12-2013, 08:01 PM
I think it's possible if he want to do an AC again. It would be great if he would work on AC5 with Jade Raymond and create an oldschool-AC.
I would love that!

souNdwAve89
04-13-2013, 12:38 AM
Ashraf Ishmail already is.

Ishmail is the Game Director. Jean Guesdon is the Creative Director.

Jade had nothing to do with the creation of the games...her presence would do nothing.. -__-

if you people are gonna worship somebody, AT LEAST worship the correct people, Patrice is fine, he was the creator of AC, but Jade ?? she had NOTHING TO DO with making the games...she was the PRODUCER....producers do not MAKE the game

Exactly. People just assume she was the true source of the series because she was the face of the game during the promotion of the first Assassin's Creed game. If we went with that then we can say Jean-Francois Boivin was the head behind Brotherhood just because he was the face of Brotherhood. They changed it up with Revelations by having the Creative Director and writer handle the promotion of the game via interviews and shows. Jade Raymond is a producer, who is responsible for the development of the game. She may or may not have creative say, but most of the creative process for the first Assassin's Creed was handled by Patrice.

A lot of the big named people behind Assassin's Creed put in their share of work, but it all started with Patrice. Ubisoft didn't own the Prince of Persia franchise until it was up for sale. During development of the next game, Patrice did research of the Crusades and the real assassins, who are also named Hashshashin. The majority of the famous Assassin's Creed gameplay mechanics came from Patrice. It didn't become Prince of Persia because it didn't fit the game's style, so it became a new IP. We wouldn't have gotten the game if Ubisoft didn't trust Patrice.

You can read the history of the creation of the Assassin's Creed franchise here

http://www.ign.com/articles/2011/11/12/the-history-of-assassins-creed

AdamPearce
04-13-2013, 12:41 AM

Jade had the concept of the Hidden Blades and many other thing. She created the license somewhere...:| (with Desilets and Corey, but she still have and impact on the game even if she didn't programmed it)

Assassin_M
04-13-2013, 12:54 AM
Jade had the concept of the Hidden Blades and many other thing. She created the license somewhere...:| (with Desilets and Corey, but she still have and impact on the game even if she didn't programmed it)
wha- what ? Where did you even read that ?? Patrice and Corey didn't program the game either..JADE RAYMOND IS THE PRODUCER...Producers have no hand in MAKING games, making games =/= Programming, by your logic, Patrice and Corey = Jade Raymond, whilst not taking anything away from miss Raymond, THAT`S TOTAL BS

AdamPearce
04-13-2013, 01:11 AM
wha- what ? Where did you even read that ?? Patrice and Corey didn't program the game either..JADE RAYMOND IS THE PRODUCER...Producers have no hand in MAKING games, making games =/= Programming, by your logic, Patrice and Corey = Jade Raymond, whilst not taking anything away from miss Raymond, THAT`S TOTAL BS

Patrice, Jade and Corey are togehter the creators of Assassin's Creed.

Patrice the making of the game.
Corey the story
Jade the worldwide events (and helping in the creation, I'm not talking about the development, but really the creation, you really think Patrice created the WHOLE universe? No Jade and Corey helped him, a lot.)

Assassin_M
04-13-2013, 01:26 AM
Patrice, Jade and Corey are togehter the creators of Assassin's Creed.

Patrice the making of the game.
Corey the story
Jade the worldwide events (and helping in the creation, I'm not talking about the development, but really the creation, you really think Patrice created the WHOLE universe? No Jade and Corey helped him, a lot.)
*facepalm* Mate, SHE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH CREATING THE GAME...SHE IS A PRODUCER...hear that ? PRODUCER..these guys have nothing to do with MAKING games, that includes inception, story, design, programming, development, writing and general creation..SHE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THOSE, it was PATRICE MOSTLY, wait..wait..wait..you know what ?? why am I even wasting my breath..

Proof, mate...show me proof of what you say...I`v my proof...producers have nothing to do with making the games and even about the story and creating the universe, SHE`S NOT EVEN GIVEN CREDIT AND she`s a programmer... (lol that`s like saying Yves had a hand in AC`s creation, because he owns ubisoft lol) Yes I know I did 2 lols

now....your proof ?

AdamPearce
04-13-2013, 01:43 AM
*facepalm* Mate, SHE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH CREATING THE GAME...SHE IS A PRODUCER...hear that ? PRODUCER..these guys have nothing to do with MAKING games, that includes inception, story, design, programming, development, writing and general creation..SHE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THOSE, it was PATRICE MOSTLY, wait..wait..wait..you know what ?? why am I even wasting my breath..

Proof, mate...show me proof of what you say...I`v my proof...producers have nothing to do with making the games and even about the story and creating the universe, SHE`S NOT EVEN GIVEN CREDIT AND she`s a programmer... (lol that`s like saying Yves had a hand in AC`s creation, because he owns ubisoft lol) Yes I know I did 2 lols

now....your proof ?

Don't get upset dude. ^^'

First, let's define what's a producer in the video game industry and what are his responsibilities to the game.

''An internal producer is heavily involved in the development of, usually, a single game. Responsibilities for this position vary from company to company, but in general, the person in this position has the following duties:

Negotiating contracts, including licensing deals
Acting as a liaison between the development staff and the upper stockholders (publisher or executive staff)
Developing and maintaining schedules and budgets
Overseeing creative (art and design) and technical development (game programming) of the game
Ensuring timely delivery of deliverables (such as Milestones)
Scheduling timely quality assurance (testing)
Arranging for beta testing and focus groups, if applicable
Arranging for localization

In short, the internal producer is ultimately responsible for timely delivery and final quality of the game.''

ref: Wikipedia

So, looks like the producer have something to do with the game. Maybe he doesn't make it but he haves the job to keep an eye on it so it won't get a bunch of incoherent mess. SO, for the beginning of a license, I think she as more than the 'producer' and may have helped for creating, I'm talking about creating, not making, creating the concept, give ideas, etc, not making the game. And in this game to assure that it doesn't go wrong, she was probably part of the group who had the idea. Because of course Patrice had to do a team to begging his project, he couldn't had doing it all alone, that's just impossible.

And I remember reading something about the Hidden Blade was her idea, and it's for this reason I keep thinking she was part of the creating group. Creating, not making, creating, they is a difference (for me anyway).

Assassin_M
04-13-2013, 01:52 AM
(for me anyway).
Thank you, but your opinion takes a bow to facts, fact, creation is not development, true, but PRODUCING is not CREATING (i`m in a game design major, I know) what you perceive as "creation" is false, what you brought from Wikipedia IS true, but faced with everything you said, it just shows how wrong you are (and Wikipedia is not proof anyway, I know what a producer does) so thank you for proving MY point. A producer does not MAKE the game. keywords from the very definition of Wikipedia.. "Negotiating" "licensing" "liaison" "developing schedules" "oversee" "Scheduling" "Scheduling" "Scheduling"

that`s what a producer does, I dont care if that`s a part of MAKING the game to you, fact...it`s not...true, she deserves credit for the product, but her and Patrice are not in the same position in regards to MAKING the game.....end of

about that hidden blade concept...well, proof...

AdamPearce
04-13-2013, 02:00 AM
Thank you, but your opinion takes a bow to facts, fact, creation is not development, true, but PRODUCING is not CREATING (i`m in a game design major, I know) what you perceive as "creation" is false, what you brought from Wikipedia IS true, but faced with everything you said, it just shows how wrong you are (and Wikipedia is not proof anyway, I know what a producer does) so thank you for proving MY point. A producer does not MAKE the game. keywords from the very definition of Wikipedia.. "Negotiating" "licensing" "liaison" "developing schedules" "oversee" "Scheduling" "Scheduling" "Scheduling"

that`s what a producer does, I dont care if that`s a part of MAKING the game to you, fact...it`s not...true, she deserves credit for the product, but her and Patrice are not in the same position in regards to MAKING the game.....end of

about that hidden blade concept...well, proof...

I'm actually looking for it.

But can you tell me what's Creating a game/license for you? I think we should've begging by this.

+Real nice you're game design!

AdamPearce
04-13-2013, 02:08 AM
Didn't found what I was searching but I found something funny.

Desmond's name would be the mixt of Désilets & Raymond.

DÉSilets + rayMOND = Desmond :3

Yeah I know this is stupid...

Assassin_M
04-13-2013, 02:11 AM

Look, I`m sorry for acting like an elitist **** head up there...I didn't mean to make a big thing out of it...so, I apologize...

xx-pyro
04-13-2013, 02:15 AM

Desmond means man of the world, that's where the name comes from as far as I know. That's probably just a coincidence. As for whether a producer has a hand in the creation of the final product, I'd say for a new IP absolutely, one would be silly to say otherwise.

Assassin_M
04-13-2013, 02:18 AM
As for whether a producer has a hand in the creation of the final product, I'd say for a new IP absolutely, one would be silly to say otherwise.
*sigh*
my time is wasted here

AdamPearce
04-13-2013, 02:21 AM
Look, I`m sorry for acting like an elitist **** head up there...I didn't mean to make a big thing out of it...so, I apologize...

Hahahaha, you made me laugh. (you don't say)

Either way I accept your apologize and I want to thank you for showed me the light...again.

Actually I wanted to discuss with you about another subject: Ezio reactions.

I remember you saying that you found him too much smiling and happy, but I'm actually doing AC2 again and...well, I don't remember having him smiling unless he is with Leonardo or thethiefofvenicethaticantrememberhername, actually he is really serious in what he does. Ok maybe sometimes he is a little bit arrogant, but it's part of the character, like we can say that sometimes Connor is naive (and stupid #libertyISpeace )?

ProletariatPleb
04-13-2013, 02:22 AM

http://i.imgur.com/lbKPX.jpg

http://data.whicdn.com/images/34546461/funny-gif-man-jump-out-the-window_large.gif

xx-pyro
04-13-2013, 02:26 AM
*sigh*
my time is wasted here

Using the article you two were using to debate;

For most games, the producer does not have a large role but does have some influence on the development of the game design (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_design). While not a game designer, the producer has to weave the wishes of the publisher or upper management into the design. They usually seek the assistance of the game designer in this effort. So the final game design is a result the effort of the designer and some influence of the producer.

Like I said, for a new IP like AC was, the producer would have a larger role than in say ACIII, reason being they would be unsure of how successful it really would be so the suits would obviously need more influence on the game, whereas now they expect it to sell. Do I think she did as much as Patrice? No, of course I don't, that'd be (quite frankly) quite idiotic of me to think. Do I think she is even a factor to making a future AC title spectacular? Hell no. Did she likely play an important role in the creation of the original AC? Yes, I'd say so.

AdamPearce
04-13-2013, 02:27 AM
http://i.imgur.com/lbkpx.jpg

http://data.whicdn.com/images/34546461/funny-gif-man-jump-out-the-window_large.gif

omg dat epic face !

What the ??? Where's Desmond's face ?

Assassin_M
04-13-2013, 02:29 AM
Like I said, for a new IP like AC was, the producer would have a larger role than in say ACIII, reason being they would be unsure of how successful it really would be so the suits would obviously need more influence on the game, whereas now they expect it to sell. Do I think she did as much as Patrice? No, of course I don't, that'd be (quite frankly) quite idiotic of me to think. Do I think she is even a factor to making a future AC title spectacular? Hell no. Did she likely play an important role in the creation of the original AC? Yes, I'd say so.
That is correct then...

I remember you saying that you found him too much smiling and happy, but I'm actually doing AC2 again and...well, I don't remember having him smiling unless he is with Leonardo or thethiefofvenicethaticantrememberhername, actually he is really serious in what he does. Ok maybe sometimes he is a little bit arrogant, but it's part of the character, like we can say that sometimes Connor is naive (and stupid #libertyISpeace )?
Private messaging then ?

AdamPearce
04-13-2013, 02:31 AM
Using the article you two were using to debate;

THANK YOU! I really need to learn how to explain myself cause' I always look like an idiot. :#

+Private message sent...