PDA

View Full Version : He’s Not Perfect, But Connor {Ratonhnhaké:ton} Kenway is not a bad character. {Rant}

Pages : 1 [2] 3

Sesheenku
06-20-2014, 05:36 PM
AC3 as a whole could have been done better but to me it delivered its promise of a fresh experience and a fresh character.

Fresh character? Yes. Fresh experience? Sure.

I found neither enjoyable though.

Shahkulu101
06-20-2014, 05:45 PM
^ Good for you want a cookie?

Sesheenku
06-20-2014, 05:49 PM
^ Good for you want a cookie?

God help you if it's oatmeal raisin!!! :mad:

Jexx21
06-20-2014, 05:50 PM
i like oatmeal raisin

i'll take it if he doesn't want it

Shahkulu101
06-20-2014, 05:51 PM
Since you don't like Connor, the cookie is my very unique spin on 'chocolate' chip. ;)

Jexx21
06-20-2014, 05:53 PM
do you use moose droppings (http://www.madeincolorado.com/Moose-Droppings_p_351.html)?

Sesheenku
06-20-2014, 05:55 PM
Since you don't like Connor, the cookie is my very unique spin on 'chocolate' chip. ;)

My vicious over large sewer rat pet named Sprinkles will test it for me.

Shahkulu101
06-20-2014, 05:55 PM
No I use regular choc chip

The cookie dough is made of my poo

Jexx21
06-20-2014, 05:57 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fgub5zkBVk&feature=kp

Locopells
06-20-2014, 05:58 PM
http://i.imgur.com/pOQ3tgS.png
I give up, I really do...

Sesheenku
06-20-2014, 06:15 PM

Sprinkles thanks you.

adventurewomen
06-20-2014, 06:26 PM
God help you if it's oatmeal raisin!!! :mad:
Mmmm oatmeal raisin gimme! :D

Lol

----------

I wonder if we'll see Eseosa learn from Connor, assuming if we get to see Connor in Comet or the possible cameo appearance of Connor visting Paris with Lafayette :)

I-Like-Pie45
06-20-2014, 06:31 PM
adventurewomen, will you adopt Meow?

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-20-2014, 06:31 PM
Mmmm oatmeal raisin gimme! :D

Lol

----------

I wonder if we'll see Eseosa learn from Connor, assuming if we get to see Connor in Comet or the possible cameo appearance of Connor visting Paris with Lafayette :)

Well, according to Shade, that supposed "leak" about Eseosa and Connor were fake, so it might not be that. That will probably be a later game?

adventurewomen
06-20-2014, 06:35 PM
adventurewomen, will you adopt Meow?
Of course, I like cats :)

Well, according to Shade, that supposed "leak" about Eseosa and Connor were fake, so it might not be that. That will probably be a later game?
Interesting if it's a leak then it makes me question why is it a database entry on AC Initiates "What Price Freedom"
https://acinitiates.com/#!/database/letters-to-the-dead/what-price-freedom

^ Is that legit?

Jexx21
06-20-2014, 06:36 PM
I think Humble is confused

ze_topazio
06-20-2014, 06:37 PM
No, Connor is awful and I hope he's killed by a revengeful deer.

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-20-2014, 06:38 PM
Of course, I like cats :)

Interesting if it's a leak then it makes me question why is it a database entry on AC Initiates "What Price Freedom"
https://acinitiates.com/#!/database/letters-to-the-dead/what-price-freedom

^ Is that legit?

Lol yes it is, but I'm saying that the leak supposedly said that Comet was going to be the Eseosa visiting Connor thing, but it's fake:

http://www.n3rdabl3.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Assassins-Creed-Comet-Leak-2.jpg

Shade's comment:

I'm here..

But I'm not commenting on every single thing you guys find..

Ubisoft does not comment on rumours or speculation

Common sense and the community will prevail - however - I did not post that.. [so there's your answer really]

All I'm saying is that visit might be in a later game, but it isn't Comet. Make sense? ^_^

Jexx21
06-20-2014, 06:39 PM
i never heard or saw of that leak

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-20-2014, 06:44 PM
i never heard or saw of that leak

Where have you been? :p

Anyways, yes that "leak" came out right around the same time that the Unity pics leaked.

adventurewomen
06-20-2014, 06:45 PM
Lol yes it is, but I'm saying that the leak supposedly said that Comet was going to be the Eseosa visiting Connor thing, but it's fake:

[http://www.n3rdabl3.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Assassins-Creed-Comet-Leak-2.jpg

Shade's comment:

I'm here..

But I'm not commenting on every single thing you guys find..

Ubisoft does not comment on rumours or speculation

Common sense and the community will prevail - however - I did not post that.. [so there's your answer really]

All I'm saying is that visit might be in a later game, but it isn't Comet. Make sense? ^_^
Thanks, you've refreshed my memory.

It would have been awesome if that was going to be Comet, well at least we know one confirmed fact that Connor is a Master Assassin of the American Brotherhood. :)

Jexx21
06-20-2014, 06:48 PM
huh, well I hope comet is released soon

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-20-2014, 06:48 PM

It would have been awesome if that was going to be Comet, well at least we know one confirmed fact that Connor is a Master Assassin of the American Brotherhood. :)

Yep. And who knows? That might be a game in the future or so.. :)

Same. I'm sure we'll hear much more about it before fall starts.

pacmanate
06-20-2014, 06:50 PM

Not too hard to achieve considering he was the only Asssasin

Jexx21
06-20-2014, 06:54 PM
technically there were 7 assassins not counting achilles. I mean, if you count the recruits as Assassins. I do.

ze_topazio
06-20-2014, 06:56 PM
Nobody cares about AC3 fodder recruits.

pacmanate
06-20-2014, 06:56 PM
Nobody cares about AC3 fodder recruits.

This, basically. They were hardly assassins too in my eyes, just brawlers.

adventurewomen
06-20-2014, 06:57 PM
I hope so too..

Yep. And who knows? That might be a game in the future or so.. :)

Same. I'm sure we'll hear much more about it before fall starts.
True! My guess is that Ubi just needed some extra time for Comet to make sure they have a game of quality, my fingers are crossed if this game does have Connor in it then they are making sure they have a honourable story for Connor.

Jexx21
nobody cares about AC Black Flag II

Shahkulu101
#DieStephaneDie

ze_topazio
06-20-2014, 06:58 PM
nobody cares about AC Black Flag II

Because it doesn't exist.

For now.

adventurewomen
06-20-2014, 07:01 PM
#DieStephaneDie
Stephane Chapheau? Maybe he's in Unity

Lol

ze_topazio
06-20-2014, 07:01 PM
This, basically. They were hardly assassins too in my eyes, just brawlers.

Only one I remember well is Stephane and that's because he's hard to forget.

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-20-2014, 07:06 PM
#DieStephaneDie

May I ask why you and so many other people hate Stephane? lol

Only one I remember well is Stephane and that's because he's hard to forget.

How can you forget Duncan? He was the little boy Haytham hushed when he killed the guy in his seat - his uncle.

Jexx21
06-20-2014, 07:10 PM
Dobby and Clipper were mah best buds

TheHumanTowel
06-20-2014, 07:12 PM

How can you forget Duncan? He was the little boy Haytham hushed when he killed the guy in his seat - his uncle.
Because Stephane is a bloodthirsty psychopath who we're supposed to find endearing. But he's just a ****.

You only find that out if you bother to talk with all your recruits and it doesn't even make sense because based on Duncan's birth date he would've been like 26 when Haytham killed yer man.

adventurewomen
06-20-2014, 07:12 PM

Sad that Duncan had to see the murder of his uncle as a child.. at least he chose the right side to fight with the Assassins.

Kaschra
06-20-2014, 07:16 PM
Stephane Chapheau? Maybe he's in Unity

Lol

No no no don't write that, don't give Ubisoft any ideas .__.

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-20-2014, 07:20 PM
Because Stephane is a bloodthirsty psychopath who we're supposed to find endearing. But he's just a ****.

You only find that out if you bother to talk with all your recruits and it doesn't even make sense because based on Duncan's birth date he would've been like 26 when Haytham killed yer man.

I see.

I found that very strange too.

You too? lol

I literally jumped from my seat when he used the butcher knife on that taxman XD Never expected him to do that.

Dobby and Clipper were mah best buds

I thought Clipper was cool. I think he was around the same age as Connor when they met.

adventurewomen
06-20-2014, 07:24 PM
Just pretend you didn't read that..

To be fair if Ubi wanted Stephane in Unity they would have already put him in the game.. Just a quick idea: Lafayette, Connor & Stephane all go to visit Paris in Unity :p

ze_topazio
06-20-2014, 07:25 PM

I remember them all more or less, and I remember that detail about Duncan (I only remember his name because you mentioned it though) but everything else about him is forgetful, Stephane is the only one that stands out among the recruits group for all kinds of reasons.

I would love Stephane in Unity, with his head inside a guillotine preferably, maybe that could be the reason for Connor to visit France, to investigate what happened to Stephane and recover his head.

pacmanate
06-20-2014, 07:37 PM
I would love Stephane in Unity, with his head inside a guillotine preferably, maybe that could be the reason for Connor to visit France, to investigate what happened to Stephane and recover his head.

Dead

Kaschra
06-20-2014, 07:38 PM

This is a great idea :)

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-20-2014, 07:41 PM
Dead

#PoorStephane

Jexx21
06-20-2014, 07:43 PM
#PeopleDon'tLetCharactersDevelopIntoSomethingMoreB ecauseCharactersMakeMistakesAndPeopleWantPerfectCh aracters

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-20-2014, 07:50 PM
#PeopleDon'tLetCharactersDevelopIntoSomethingMoreB ecauseCharactersMakeMistakesAndPeopleWantPerfectCh aracters

#WhatAMouthfulButWellSaid

Shahkulu101
06-20-2014, 08:04 PM
#Don'tMindFlawedCharactersHeckConnorIsMyfavouriteB utStephaneIsJustDownrightUnpleasant

pacmanate
06-20-2014, 08:06 PM
#MyGoodLawdyLawdWhatIsGoingOn

TheHumanTowel
06-20-2014, 08:06 PM
The writers could've developed Stephane into a better character during AC3 if they'd wanted. As it stands he's a ****. A **** who everyone in AC3 loves despite the fact he's a ****. He's such a minor character I'd rather never see him again than have Stephane back in the slim chance he's slightly less of a ****.

adventurewomen
06-20-2014, 08:12 PM
#TRUTH right there!!

I-Like-Pie45
06-20-2014, 08:13 PM
The writers could've developed Stephane into a better character during AC3 if they'd wanted. As it stands he's a ****. A **** who everyone in AC3 loves despite the fact he's a ****. He's such a minor character I'd rather never see him again than have Stephane back in the slim chance he's slightly less of a ****.

Would you wish to see him again if the only scene he appeared in was his humiliating death scene?

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-20-2014, 08:14 PM
#MyGoodLawdyLawdWhatIsGoingOn

#ItsTheAttackOfTheHashtags

I suppose. I thought he was hilarious lol

pacmanate
06-20-2014, 08:16 PM
Stephane was shoved in as a "main" side character, he just popped in every now and again in random missions. I forget he was even there at some points in the game.

Jexx21
06-20-2014, 08:19 PM

to be honest this actually didn't stem from stephane complaints, on a different forum I visit there's an discussion about the TV show Arrow, and a lot of people keep wishing Laura is killed and it annoys me to no end because they won't let the character (or the actor) develop.

Shahkulu101
06-20-2014, 08:22 PM
No way I could juggle two forums. Even trying to use the W_D forums was too much of a chore.

Jexx21
06-20-2014, 08:23 PM
I can't really, I haven't been on the other one in a while.

pacmanate
06-20-2014, 08:26 PM
No point going on the W_D forums, its just people complaining about Online and the hidden files

Shahkulu101
06-20-2014, 08:28 PM
It was alright pre-release but it was hard to keep up with posts here AND there.

pacmanate
06-20-2014, 08:36 PM
It was alright pre-release but it was hard to keep up with posts here AND there.

If I did it, anyone can did it do

Hans684
06-20-2014, 08:42 PM
No point going on the W_D forums, its just people complaining about Online and the hidden files

My reasons for loosing interest in the W_D forums, I'm a story player to the bone. Maybe it's a better place one W_D 2 is out.

Kaschra
06-20-2014, 09:00 PM
My reasons for loosing interest in the W_D forums, I'm a story player to the bone. Maybe it's a better place one W_D 2 is out.

Yeah, there aren't any story related threads in the WD forums.
So no place for me to complain about the story... which was really disappointing imo :/

pacmanate
06-20-2014, 09:16 PM
So no place for me to complain about the story... which was really disappointing imo :/

That ending when you find out that Aiden is Desmond's brother was stupid.

Kaschra
06-20-2014, 09:20 PM
That ending when you find out that Aiden is Desmond's brother was stupid.
Indeed it was lol

Jexx21
06-20-2014, 09:26 PM
I liked Watch Dogs' story :/

Kaschra
06-20-2014, 09:31 PM
Good for you
In my opinion it was... a mess. And I dislike most characters too.
I didn't expect to be so... disappointed to be honest. I was really looking forward to WD :/

Hans684
06-20-2014, 09:37 PM

I did try it get a story driven thread in there but it died the same week, the name is Future W_D Discussion(something like that). Like the Future of AC thread here. As for the story, like I commented at work today. My coworker said taste is like they butt, my comment was that it was exactly like that but it has two sides and it's full of ****(sorry). Is all a matter of perspective, there is not true path wether it's considered "wrong" or not. Human nature will always be the one calling the shots, can't fight it without becoming a "machine".

Agree, sure it might need a little polishing(like most things, even beyond games) but it worth every penny, like Mirror's Edge and The Last Of Us.

pacmanate
06-20-2014, 09:53 PM
I sold Watch_Dogs after I beat it

Jexx21
06-20-2014, 11:20 PM
That's coo'
way to fight overpriced DLC

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-20-2014, 11:21 PM
Saw this on Watts' Twitter (had to edit due to bad language for forum material :p)

@TheNoahWatts Someone finally said it...

http://i57.tinypic.com/2czeb89.jpg

Yeah, feel the love <3

DaftPunk___
06-20-2014, 11:48 PM
Saw this on Watts' Twitter (had to edit due to bad language for forum material :p)

@TheNoahWatts Someone finally said it...

http://i57.tinypic.com/2czeb89.jpg

Yeah, feel the love <3

Yeah!
I agree with this so much.
Like, we also have to remember that Connor believed in Animism, and how he had to treat animals with respect after hunting it.
Native Americans never wasted a body part from an animal -I'm doing Native American History for school and we've been learning it for a few weeks now, I'm so intrigued.

Ubisoft did a great job of portraying Connor, and portraying the Mohawk Tribe. Everything was correct.

Oh, and I'm not too sure, but sometimes before Connor skins an animal, I think he says 'Thank you' in his language. That's a kind heart right there.

On an unrelated note...
You know what would be cool?
If Achilles got his own game.

roostersrule2
06-20-2014, 11:53 PM
Altair went through more then Connor.

It's not as if Ezio's life was fluffy bunnies and rainbows either. Or maybe it was he could of been into Eziotasy.

LieutenantRex
06-20-2014, 11:54 PM
yeah!
Like, we also have to remember that connor believed in animism, and how he had to treat animals with respect after hunting it.
Native americans never wasted a body part from an animal -i'm doing native american history for school and we've been learning it for a few weeks now, i'm so intrigued.

Ubisoft did a great job of portraying connor, and portraying the mohawk tribe. Everything was correct.

Oh, and i'm not too sure, but sometimes before connor skins an animal, i think he says 'thank you' in his language. That's a kind heart right there.

On an unrelated note...
If achilles got his own game.

no more 18th century.

roostersrule2
06-20-2014, 11:55 PM
no more 18th century.Agreed, it's time for Greece.

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-21-2014, 12:19 AM
Yeah!
Like, we also have to remember that Connor believed in Animism, and how he had to treat animals with respect after hunting it.
Native Americans never wasted a body part from an animal -I'm doing Native American History for school and we've been learning it for a few weeks now, I'm so intrigued.

Ubisoft did a great job of portraying Connor, and portraying the Mohawk Tribe. Everything was correct.

Oh, and I'm not too sure, but sometimes before Connor skins an animal, I think he says 'Thank you' in his language. That's a kind heart right there.

On an unrelated note...
If Achilles got his own game.

Awesome. And yes he says "Nia:wen" which is Thank You.

And OMG I was thinking the exact same thing if Achilles had gotten his own game. That would be cool!

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-21-2014, 12:43 AM
Altair went through more then Connor.

It's not as if Ezio's life was fluffy bunnies and rainbows either. Or maybe it was he could of been into Eziotasy.

Not as worse as losing your land constantly to the Colonists, finding your mother burning alive, having to kill your own father and best friend, having your people forced to leave their land due to the Colonists selling them to pay war debts, being called names due to his "color"... Yeah, I can go on, but I personally think Connor has suffered more...

It may seem Altair went through a lot, but I think thats because we saw/read more about him and his story than Connor's.

DaftPunk___
06-21-2014, 02:39 AM
Awesome. And yes he says "Nia:wen" which is Thank You.

And OMG I was thinking the exact same thing if Achilles had gotten his own game. That would be cool!

We should start a poll or a chain message or something to get Ubisoft to think about it. :D

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-21-2014, 02:56 AM
We should start a poll or a chain message or something to get Ubisoft to think about it. :D

Worth a shot, but it depends on how many people feel the same way as well.

DaftPunk___
06-21-2014, 08:35 AM
Worth a shot, but it depends on how many people feel the same way as well.

We have nothing to lose if we give it a try ~

zkorejo
06-21-2014, 08:46 AM
He is not a bad character, he is not good either... he is okay. 4/10.

People were expecting a great character after the end of trilogy with Ezio, expectations were just too high and Connor didnt meet those expectations, so he obviously became worse than he actually was.

One other thing, people always compromise with a boring character if its the first installment of the game (Watch Dogs for example I dont see as much hate for Aiden as there has been for Connor), but after playing three awesome games with Ezio (which IMO is one of the very best game characters of all time), Connor's character just couldnt match up with Ezio's or Altair's characters.

Like I said, not bad.. but not good either. 4/10 at best.

steveeire
06-21-2014, 09:17 AM
This should be fun.

Legendz54
06-21-2014, 10:31 AM

People were expecting a great character after the end of trilogy with Ezio, expectations were just too high and Connor didnt meet those expectations, so he obviously became worse than he actually was.

One other thing, people always compromise with a boring character if its the first installment of the game (Watch Dogs for example I dont see as much hate for Aiden as there has been for Connor), but after playing three awesome games with Ezio (which IMO is one of the very best game characters of all time), Connor's character just couldnt match up with Ezio's or Altair's characters.

u suk enzio suks de bawlsak conna is 10/10

roostersrule2
06-21-2014, 11:50 AM
Not as worse as losing your land constantly to the Colonists, finding your mother burning alive, having to kill your own father and best friend, having your people forced to leave their land due to the Colonists selling them to pay war debts, being called names due to his "color"... Yeah, I can go on, but I personally think Connor has suffered more...

It may seem Altair went through a lot, but I think thats because we saw/read more about him and his story than Connor's.Altair had a man commit suicide in front of him at 10, had his mother and father die at an early age, was half the reason his wife died, came back to his house to find his best friends head gone, lost his youngest son, had to kill his mentor who betrayed him, spent years of his life building a brotherhood and when he came back to it, it was in shambles. He also had the burden of living with the guilt of being the reason Malik's brother died and and why Malik lost his arm.

Altair had a much more melancholic life.

I think it all boils down to Connor being a *****.

GunnerGalactico
06-21-2014, 12:02 PM
In my opinion, all the Assassins went through a lot of crap in their lives except for Aveline... nobody had it any easier. Even Haytham endured a lot and he is a Templar. This argument is pointless.

roostersrule2
06-21-2014, 12:05 PM
In my opinion, all the Assassins went through a lot of crap in their lives except for Aveline... nobody had it any easier. Even Haytham endured a lot and he is a Templar. This argument is pointless.Now that I think about it Connor's life was the hardest.

He had no friends.

GunnerGalactico
06-21-2014, 12:14 PM
In all honesty, I don't really give a damn who had the hardest life. None of the Assassins whined and wallowed in self pity about it.

roostersrule2
06-21-2014, 12:16 PM
Connor did.

GunnerGalactico
06-21-2014, 12:17 PM
Connor did.

Elaborate?

roostersrule2
06-21-2014, 12:22 PM
Elaborate?He was always whining.

Always about Charles Lee burning his village (which he didn't even do) or Haytham being a bad dad, the list goes on.

GunnerGalactico
06-21-2014, 12:33 PM
He was always whining.

Always about Charles Lee burning his village (which he didn't even do) or Haytham being a bad dad, the list goes on.

If I recall, Ezio refused to accept his family's legacy of being an Assassin and he allowed his emotions to get the better of him in several occasions. I suppose both Ezio and Connor dwelled on their problems at some point. What I was getting at was they didn't let all of the hardships they endured dictate the rest of their lives as Assassins. If you want to keep bashing Connor, that's your choice. As for me, I know I was not trying to incite an argument... so thus, I'm not going to retaliate and be labelled a rabid hypocrite.

roostersrule2
06-21-2014, 12:39 PM
If I recall, Ezio refused to accept his family's legacy of being an Assassin and he allowed his emotions to get the better of him in several occasions. I suppose both Ezio and Connor dwelled on their problems at some point. What I was getting at was they didn't let all of the hardships they endured dictate the rest of their lives as Assassins. If you want to keep bashing Connor, that's your choice. As for me, I know I was not trying to incite an argument... so thus, I'm not going to retaliate and be labelled a rabid hypocrite.Hypocrite.

GunnerGalactico
06-21-2014, 12:42 PM
Hypocrite.

You have a nice day too :rolleyes:

adventurewomen
06-21-2014, 01:15 PM
Gunner please ignore rooster, he's trolling.

Jexx21
06-21-2014, 01:17 PM

wat

a 4/10 is clearly "bad"
so you're weird.

GunnerGalactico
06-21-2014, 01:20 PM
Gunner please ignore rooster, he's trolling.

Alright, will do :)

adventurewomen
06-21-2014, 01:21 PM

https://twitter.com/Captn_PissOff/status/480092832150339584

Jexx21
06-21-2014, 01:23 PM
In my opinion, all the Assassins went through a lot of crap in their lives except for Aveline... nobody had it any easier. Even Haytham endured a lot and he is a Templar. This argument is pointless.

What are you talking about? Aveline had to deal with her mother basically disappearing from her life when she was just a kid! How the hell would you feel if your mother just decided to up and leave you when you were 8 years old? Then Aveline had to deal with the death of her father later in the story, her mentor becoming paranoid and eventually committing suicide, and then discovering that her step-mother was the enemy and having to deceive and kill her!

No, Aveline, just like all of the other Assassins, has lived a hard and weary life.

GunnerGalactico
06-21-2014, 01:27 PM
Just hypothetically speaking, if Connor had more than one game... we would've seen more dimensions to his personality instead of one note. Personally, I think Connor has it in him to be a charismatic person but in a quiet and reserved way.

What are you talking about? Aveline had to deal with her mother basically disappearing from her life when she was just a kid! How the hell would you feel if your mother just decided to up and leave you when you were 8 years old? Then Aveline had to deal with the death of her father later in the story, her mentor becoming paranoid and eventually committing suicide, and then discovering that her step-mother was the enemy and having to deceive and kill her!

No, Aveline, just like all of the other Assassins, has lived a hard and weary life.

I guess I stand corrected then, I haven't played AC Bloodlines and AC3 Liberations... apologies, I did not know that.

roostersrule2
06-21-2014, 01:29 PM
Gunner please ignore rooster, he's trolling.You don't know me, you're not god.

Hans684
06-21-2014, 01:32 PM
If everyone is going to discuss who had the worst Assassin life you should read and compare. Here are some big name Assassins.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Altaďr_Ibn-La%27Ahad

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Ezio_Auditore_da_Firenze

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Shao_Jun

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Edward_Kenway

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Adéwalé

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Aveline_de_Grandpré

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Ratonhnhaké:ton

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Nikolai_Orelov

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Arbaaz_Mir

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Desmond_Miles

roostersrule2
06-21-2014, 01:33 PM
Just hypothetically speaking, if Connor had more than one game... we would've seen more dimensions to his personality instead of one note. Personally, I think Connor has it in him to be a charismatic person but in a quiet and reserved way.So you want him to be like Ezio?

I never got why you Connor fans wanted Connor to change drastically in a hypothetical sequel, if you really loved him you'd like him just the way he is.

GunnerGalactico
06-21-2014, 01:37 PM
So you want him to be like Ezio?

I never got why you Connor fans wanted Connor to change drastically in a hypothetical sequel, if you really loved him you'd like him just the way he is.

Hahaha! When did I ever say I wanted him like Ezio?

And I thought you said there are different types of charisma on a different thread .

roostersrule2
06-21-2014, 01:46 PM
Hahaha! When did I ever say I wanted him like Ezio?

And I thought you said there are different types of charisma on a different thread .You wanted him more charismatic, Ezio is charismatic.

CAN YOU NOT SEE THE CORRELATION??????????????????????????????

Wasn't me, was probs Pirate, the thief stole me avatar.

Jexx21
06-21-2014, 02:00 PM
I don't want Connor to change.

steveeire
06-21-2014, 02:00 PM

I don't see how a persons bad opinion helps defend a character who was badly written.

Jexx21
06-21-2014, 02:04 PM
steve, we get it, you don't like Connor

steveeire
06-21-2014, 02:08 PM
Yes and I also get that you all love Conor, honestly its all you guys ever talk about, 95% of the conversations on this board is the same people posting there fanatic posts about Conor, and when someone offers a different opinion ye throw a hissy fit.

roostersrule2
06-21-2014, 02:14 PM
Yes and I also get that you all love Conor, honestly its all you guys ever talk about, 95% of the conversations on this board is the same people posting there fanatic posts about Conooooooooooooooooor, and when someone offers a different opinion ye throw a hissy fit.Truthiest thing of all time.

Locopells
06-21-2014, 02:45 PM
Guys...

ze_topazio
06-21-2014, 02:56 PM
Yes and I also get that you all love Conor, honestly its all you guys ever talk about, 95% of the conversations on this board is the same people posting there fanatic posts about Conor, and when someone offers a different opinion ye throw a hissy fit.

That's how things roll, some random fan posts a random opinion on Tumblr about how awesome Connor is and how he is the best character ever written in the history of fiction and that is regarded here as 100% proof that that large majority of mankind loves Connor to death.
Someone points out the many negative comments and opinions about Connor in several game websites, forums, blogs. etc..., and that is immediately disregarded here as the uneducated ramblings of a very, very, very small minority who are all in fact 12 year old kids with mental ******ation who never attended school and only like Call of Duty, therefore not credible at all.

Legendz54
06-21-2014, 03:00 PM
I cry myself to sleep every night because of the trauma i received from ezio fans :(

Hans684
06-21-2014, 03:22 PM
That's how things roll, some random fan posts a random opinion on Tumblr about how awesome Connor is and how he is the best character ever written in the history of fiction and that is regarded here as 100% proof that that large majority of mankind loves Connor to death.
Someone points out the many negative comments and opinions about Connor in several game websites, forums, blogs. etc..., and that is immediately disregarded here as the uneducated ramblings of a very, very, very small minority who are all in fact 12 year old kids with mental ******ation who never attended school and only like Call of Duty, therefore not credible at all.

And Ezio fan do exactly the same, you just need to find their most common meeting place.

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-21-2014, 03:28 PM
If Ubisoft had written him properly and/or give him a sequel, the threads wouldn't be filled with Connor conversations all over the place. This just goes to show Ubisoft that they, and the fans, cannot and will not abandon him like this and must continue the story properly.

So technically its UBI'S fault for starting this confusion and junk about him, considering that he is also mostly getting the blame for the game's flaws, which nobody should be judging a character based on how good/bad the game was put together, but thats a different conversation..

But the only thing that Connor should change, IF he changes, is just becoming a more wiser person. You don't have to be charismatic (Ezio) or a stuck up badass (Altair) to be admired.

ze_topazio
06-21-2014, 03:51 PM
And Ezio fan do exactly the same, you just need to find their most common meeting place.

To begin with I don't even think any of the other protagonists has hardcore dedicated obsessive fans like Connor has.

pacmanate
06-21-2014, 05:03 PM
If Ubisoft had written him properly and/or give him a sequel, the threads wouldn't be filled with Connor conversations all over the place. This just goes to show Ubisoft that they, and the fans, cannot and will not abandon him like this and must continue the story properly.

Don't use Tumblr or the 5 fangirls on here as the majority.

Hans684
06-21-2014, 05:32 PM
To begin with I don't even think any of the other protagonists has hardcore dedicated obsessive fans like Connor has.

That's still the case, since it's all a matter of perspective. The Connor fans from tumblr influenced your old perspective, it's why you view it like you do now.

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-21-2014, 05:33 PM

The fans are spread all over the place. It doesnt have to be concentrated in one area...

pacmanate
06-21-2014, 05:44 PM
The fans are spread all over the place. It doesnt have to be concentrated in one area...

and thats the difference and why it might seem like there will be more.

People that like Connor:

Make signatures
Fanfics
Petitions
Post about it on boards
Tumblr

Conner haters:

Forums

adventurewomen
06-21-2014, 06:12 PM
I cry myself to sleep every night because of the trauma i received from ezio fans :(
LOL! Yeah this is my experience too, sucks :( HAHA

Fitting to his character that Connor has dedicated fan base.

So technically its UBI'S fault for starting this confusion and junk about him, considering that he is also mostly getting the blame for the game's flaws, which nobody should be judging a character based on how good/bad the game was put together, but thats a different conversation..

But the only thing that Connor should change, IF he changes, is just becoming a more wiser person. You don't have to be charismatic (Ezio) or a stuck up badass (Altair) to be admired.

I agree w/ both of your posts, and well said! :)

pacmanate
06-21-2014, 06:14 PM
^ are 80% of your posts just going to be "Agree :)" When it comes to Connor posts?

adventurewomen
06-21-2014, 06:16 PM
^ are 80% of your posts just going to be "Agree :)" When it comes to Connor posts?
Not really, there have been some things on this thread I don't agree with, that I don't reply to.

I-Like-Pie45
06-21-2014, 06:19 PM
Connor is mafia!

JustPlainQuirky
06-21-2014, 06:20 PM
I think we should just have a separate Connor discussion thread. For all our Connor wants and needs.

Shahkulu101
06-21-2014, 06:24 PM
I think we should stop talking about him already

It's been two years..."Let it go, let it go."

lothario-da-be
06-21-2014, 06:25 PM
My Connor sequel FB page has more then 9000 likes.
Argument invalid.

lothario-da-be
06-21-2014, 06:26 PM

Do you remember how long it took till Altair returned in a main game?

I-Like-Pie45
06-21-2014, 06:28 PM

Meow is sick of that and Meow hasn't even watched the stoopid movie yet

Meow is very close to being bitey Meow

JustPlainQuirky
06-21-2014, 06:29 PM
Shahk I've been waiting for MY favorite character to return for 8+ years.

Eight horrifying painful years. And I'm still waiting.

2 years of waiting is nothing.

Shahkulu101
06-21-2014, 06:30 PM
Meow is sick of that and Meow hasn't even watched the stoopid movie yet

Meow is very close to being bitey Meow

It is apt, though. At this point in time.

However, I permit you one bite and one scratch. *holds out arm*

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-21-2014, 06:31 PM

Not gonna happen :p You know you can't let it go either. Don't deny your feelings, thats bad for you. ^_^

I think we should just have a separate Connor discussion thread. For all our Connor wants and needs.

I don't think the mods will allow that. If that were the case, there would be Connor threads all over the place!

Argument invalid.

Exactly!

pacmanate
06-21-2014, 06:35 PM
Argument invalid.

and 12 million people bought the game...:rolleyes:

lothario-da-be
06-21-2014, 06:37 PM
and 12 million people bought the game...:rolleyes:
And those 12 million people saw my page...:rolleyes:

pacmanate
06-21-2014, 06:40 PM
And those 12 million people saw my page...:rolleyes:

and by that logic only 0.00075% want a Connor game :rolleyes:

adventurewomen
06-21-2014, 06:41 PM
Argument invalid.

Exactly!

lothario-da-be
06-21-2014, 06:41 PM
And that my boy, was sarcasm...:rolleyes:

JustPlainQuirky
06-21-2014, 06:42 PM
Even though I prefer a connor sequel, I'm not afraid to admit the majority likely aren't too interested.

That being said I still want it. I can acknowledge what I deem true and still want something the truth doesn't favor.

Nothing wrong with liking something not super popular.

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-21-2014, 06:43 PM

I think he was joking about how many people say that page... :rolleyes:

Even though I prefer a connor sequel, I'm not afraid to admit the majority likely aren't too interested.

Not this again. Mayrice, shut it :p We all damn well know that the haters will buy a Connor game despite their criticism.. And we know the stats already :p

lothario-da-be
06-21-2014, 06:45 PM

That being said I still want it. I can acknowledge what I deem is true and still want something.

Nothing wrong with liking something not super popular.
This, I am not saying the majority want a sequel with him, but there are more then 15 people that do want one.

pacmanate
06-21-2014, 06:45 PM
Exactly!

You;re still doing it. I swear 3000 of your posts are probably "Agreed" or "Exactly!" -_- you don't have to keep doing it. Its a waste of a post.

JustPlainQuirky
06-21-2014, 06:46 PM
This, I am not saying the majority want a sequel with him, but there are more then 15 people that do want one.

It's hard being us middle men, huh?

TheHumanTowel
06-21-2014, 06:47 PM
You;re still doing it. I swear 3000 of your posts are probably "Agreed" or "Exactly!" -_- you don't have to keep doing it. Its a waste of a post.
Agreed

lothario-da-be
06-21-2014, 06:48 PM
It's hard being us middle men, huh?
middle "men" lol, I am surrounded by crazy fangirls drooling over shirtless Connor.... :p

adventurewomen
06-21-2014, 06:58 PM
:rolleyes:

If it really bothers you, then just ignore my posts.. I don't care

GunnerGalactico
06-21-2014, 06:59 PM
middle "men" lol, I am surrounded by crazy fangirls drooling over shirtless Connor.... :p

I've been waiting to see when someone was gonna say that. I've played God of War, POP The two thrones and Tekken... majority of the male characters are shirtless, it's nothing special to me. You should see the fanbase Jin Kazama has, it's unreal :rolleyes:

JustPlainQuirky
06-21-2014, 07:00 PM
guys guys guys

we can all get along

as long as we remember

Ezio best character :rolleyes:

Shahkulu101
06-21-2014, 07:03 PM
Edward is the best character.

JustPlainQuirky
06-21-2014, 07:03 PM
Lol I don't think I actually met anyone whose fav assassin is edward.

tho he technically isn't an assassin so I guess that's why

pacmanate
06-21-2014, 07:05 PM

Edward definitely has the best VA so far though. I love it when Edward loses his ****.

Shahkulu101
06-21-2014, 07:09 PM

I said best character.

He's the only protagonist I felt really, really sad for. I connected with all the others, but in different ways. I should have felt sorry for Ezio, but even after his family died he was so happy-go-lucky. It wasn't until ACR I wanted to pat the old guy on the back.

When parting glass comes on, and I see his mates at the table I cri evertim

JustPlainQuirky
06-21-2014, 07:11 PM
Lol I laughed at Edward's situation because he totally brought it upon himself. Connor too, but he was really young when he made the stupid decision to listen to a random magic deity.

But I did cry at the parting glass. But to be fair I cried during Nemo so that doesn't say much given my sensitivity.

saicharanb93
06-21-2014, 07:12 PM
So glad i came across this. Hats Off to the writers!!

Jexx21
06-21-2014, 08:13 PM
Pirate's favorite Assassin is Edward.

And yes, Edward is an Assassin.

JustPlainQuirky
06-21-2014, 08:15 PM
Was he officially made an assassin?

All I remember is the assassin dude letting him keep the outfit because it suits him. Pretty sure darby even said he's not an assassin

Jexx21
06-21-2014, 08:19 PM
we already had this discussion

Yes, he officially became an Assassin. Also, read Forsaken.

JustPlainQuirky
06-21-2014, 08:22 PM
I don't remember said discussion.

But I do remember forsaken. I guess he officially became one later on after the game ended.

Jexx21
06-21-2014, 08:26 PM
You know that mission where Edward recieves rope darts? That's when he officially becomes an Assassin.

JustPlainQuirky
06-21-2014, 08:27 PM
I wasn't too invested in the narrative of that game, so I probably missed that then. Maybe I'll notice next time I play it.

steveeire
06-21-2014, 08:38 PM
I think the best protagonist so far in AC is Edward he is the most flawed and thus the most interesting, but the best Assassin would probably be Ezio, followed closely by Altair.

JustPlainQuirky
06-21-2014, 08:45 PM
I was too frustrated with Edward to like him as a protagonist. I couldn't really connect or identify with him. He was just some dude who would kill for manies and screwed himself over because of it. I know that was intentional and leaves for a more flawed character for the sake of realism, but i just wasn't feeling it with him. Maybe because I didn't know much of his childhood or family life.

Then again I know nothing of Altair's childhood but love him.

Maybe I'm subconsciously shallow and just like grumpy antisocial people :rolleyes:

steveeire
06-21-2014, 08:48 PM
You should love me then :P

JustPlainQuirky
06-21-2014, 08:49 PM
Sorry, I should clarify.

Grumpy antisocial hot* people. :rolleyes:

steveeire
06-21-2014, 08:51 PM
How do you know what I look like, are you stalking me?

Kaschra
06-21-2014, 08:57 PM
Edward is also my fave protagonist.
I think it's pretty easy to identify with him - I mean, who wants to live as a piss poor peasant the whole life?
He's has many flaws an a good chunk of character development. And a great voice actor.

JustPlainQuirky
06-21-2014, 09:13 PM
Haytham is my favorite protagonist. :rolleyes:

@steve

all day every day

steveeire
06-21-2014, 10:30 PM
I was almost going to say hes not a protagonist, but that would not be accurate.

JustPlainQuirky
06-21-2014, 10:32 PM
Wait, Haytham is technically a protagonist? :rolleyes:

adventurewomen
06-21-2014, 10:33 PM
Haytham is my favorite protagonist. :rolleyes:

@steve

all day every day
Haytham was the antagonist, proven by the famous templar plot twist of AC3 ;)

steveeire
06-21-2014, 10:37 PM
Haytham was the antagonist, proven by the famous templar plot twist of AC3 ;)

But he was also a protagonist. It is possible to be both.

JustPlainQuirky
06-21-2014, 10:39 PM
Still sad I wasnt shocked by the templar plot twist because back then I didnt even know what a templar was

I didnt even assume he was an assassin. Just Connor's daddy-o

steveeire
06-21-2014, 10:44 PM
I wasn't shocked either, I knew as soon as we seen him in the Theatre he was a Templer.
I do always think though that the Kenways seem to always meet a tragic end, and as much as I dislike Conor I do wonder sometimes if he is able to escape the fate of his Grandfather and Father.

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-21-2014, 10:47 PM
Still sad I wasnt shocked by the templar plot twist because back then I didnt even know what a templar was

I didnt even assume he was an assassin. Just Connor's daddy-o

Lol, I loved the achievement you get after finding that out too... How Do You Like Them Apples? lol

GunnerGalactico
06-21-2014, 10:52 PM
I have to admit, I was taken off-guard when it was revealed that Haytham was a Templar, especially at the part when he said: "May the Father of understanding, guide us".

DaftPunk___
06-21-2014, 11:05 PM
For those who are saying adventurewomen and her posts are a waste of time, then don't read. Simple. She's just agreeing with someone, is that something to be persecuted about?

---

When I found out Haytham was the antagonist I was so confused, I liked him at the start and then I was like: "This --This can't be!"
But it was.
But he made a great lovechild with Ziio, too bad he wasn't there to help Ziio raise him...

JustPlainQuirky
06-21-2014, 11:07 PM
I still cant get over the fact that Connor looked 8-10 when he was supposed to be 5.

steveeire
06-21-2014, 11:08 PM
I bet he didn't even pay child support.

I still cant get over the fact that Connor looked 8-10 when he was supposed to be 5.
Because kids never look older then they are?

pacmanate
06-21-2014, 11:36 PM
I have to admit, I was taken off-guard when it was revealed that Haytham was a Templar, especially at the part when he said: "May the Father of understanding, guide us".

I wasn't, to me the clothes gave it away. As well as the broken AC insignia. And Haytham said to Lee when they are riding to the tavern "the order" or something, I knew straight away then he was a Templar.

zkorejo
06-22-2014, 06:16 AM
wat

a 4/10 is clearly "bad"
so you're weird.

It may be bad according to you. To me it is average.

To me it is like this:

0 Unacceptable
1-3 Bad
4-6 Average
7-9 Good
9-10 Perfect

Um okay.

Sesheenku
06-22-2014, 09:29 PM

To me it is like this:

0 Unacceptable
1-3 Bad
4-6 Average
7-9 Good
9-10 Perfect

That's the trouble with numbers, they're all connected to words and both are in their usage here subjective, here's mine fore example.

1-3 -> Garbage

4-5 -> Mediocre

6-7 -> Average

8 -> Fairly good

9 -> Very good

10 -> Amazing.

Farlander1991
06-22-2014, 09:33 PM
said to Lee when they are riding to the tavern "the order" or something,

How was that a clue exactly? Because the Assassin Order is not an Order? O_o

adventurewomen
06-22-2014, 09:48 PM

To me it is like this:

0 Unacceptable
1-3 Bad
4-6 Average
7-9 Good
9-10 Perfect.
So by your logic 9 - 100 + for Ezio & Edward right? ;)

phoenix-force411
06-22-2014, 09:56 PM
Connor's a great character and is underlooked by the AC fanbase a lot of the times. Connor's main story missions are pretty boring though, and Seq. 8 was very, very linear. But ACIII had a LOT of side-missions to actually get to know the character better. The side-missions are 10x better than the main story missions.

rprkjj
06-22-2014, 10:09 PM
I like Connor simply because I like the more innocent characters that endure a lot from belligerent/ignorant people despite dedicating their lives for the sake of good, a la Toby Maguire's Peter Parker. I like Ezio better just because he's more collected and forward thinking imo, compared to Connor's naivety which was simply annoying at times, and something I don't think he got over by the end of AC3. Edward is still my favorite Assassin, being the first I was truly sympathetic for. The tragedy in Ezio and Connors lives were sudden and artificial. Their loved ones die, which just feels lazy and unremarkable. Edward's problems are with himself, he actually has character.

adventurewomen
06-22-2014, 10:16 PM
For those who are saying adventurewomen and her posts are a waste of time, then don't read. Simple. She's just agreeing with someone, is that something to be persecuted about?
Thank you :)

Connor's a great character and is underlooked by the AC fanbase a lot of the times. Connor's main story missions are pretty boring though, and Seq. 8 was very, very linear. But ACIII had a LOT of side-missions to actually get to know the character better. The side-missions are 10x better than the main story missions.
I agree, did you enjoy ToKW? :)

phoenix-force411
06-22-2014, 10:21 PM
Thank you :)

I agree, did you enjoy ToKW? :)
My younger brother beat it before I did. That made me not want to continue anymore, but I will eventually. It is a good DLC, excluding the optional objectives that are a pain once more.

Jexx21
06-22-2014, 10:32 PM
I have to admit, I'm actually not a huge fan of ToKW. Base game was tons better for me.

rprkjj
06-22-2014, 10:35 PM
I have to admit, I'm actually not a huge fan of ToKW. Base game was tons better for me.

The story was neat but just filling the map up with a bunch of chests that sometimes have a weapon in them just seems like the laziest thing to do.

wvstolzing
06-22-2014, 10:42 PM
The tragedy in Ezio and Connors lives were sudden and artificial. Their loved ones die, which just feels lazy and unremarkable. Edward's problems are with himself, he actually has character.

I think that's an interesting & good point. Nevertheless, Raton' is my favorite character, in part due to his naivete; his game though, is by far my least favorite.

I-Like-Pie45
06-22-2014, 10:43 PM
Meow is disappoint there was no scene where like Haytham and Raton team up in final chapter

instead Haytham is kill off-screen but oh well, Meow guess dev think team up with Thomas Jefferson who wasn't even in AC3, Benjamin Franklin who Raton didn't even speak with in AC3, and two Homestead guys who don't even have their original VAs make up for lack of Haytham

Jexx21
06-22-2014, 10:51 PM
That's one thing that really irks me about AC3, despite having some incredible nuances, the fact is they really wanted to shoehorn a bunch of historical figures in there.

wvstolzing
06-22-2014, 11:11 PM
compared to Connor's naivety which was simply annoying at times, and something I don't think he got over by the end of AC3.

One thing about Raton's naivete, though, is this: It really seems to be a variation on the (by now very trite) theme of the noble smalltown/village/farm boy, closer to his 'natural state', and thus free from the hypocrisy of the modern city-dweller, etc. etc. There's a whole nest of unwarranted assumptions in that 'theme', I guess----and regardless whether Raton could be considered 'closer to his natural state', I tend to favor the notion that man's life in that 'state of nature' is 'nasty, brutish, and short' anyhow.

I may be a bit too charitable towards AC to overlook all this, and take what the writers did with Raton's character at face value. Or maybe it's because I was too wary of Ezio's "mastery of the ways of the world".

Wow... so there exist people who like Connor because he's not Ezio!

GunnerGalactico
06-22-2014, 11:34 PM
I feel that he somewhat got over his naivete at the end of AC3. Throughout the rest of the game, Connor was always brash and impulsive, he was always in a hurry to look for Charles Lee and stop the Templars, plus aid the patriots and save his village. He took on a lot of responsibilities on his plate and he was naďve for thinking that by doing all those things, everything will be fixed and solved.
In the end, he learned to exercise patience and accepted that things take time to change and that things do not always work out the way he intended... a lesson learned the hard way.

rprkjj
06-22-2014, 11:38 PM
One thing about Raton's naivete, though, is this: It really seems to be a variation on the (by now very trite) theme of the noble smalltown/village/farm boy, closer to his 'natural state', and thus free from the hypocrisy of the modern city-dweller, etc. etc. There's a whole nest of unwarranted assumptions in that 'theme', I guess----and regardless whether Raton could be considered 'closer to his natural state', I tend to favor the notion that man's life in that 'state of nature' is 'nasty, brutish, and short' anyhow.

I may be a bit too charitable towards AC to overlook all this, and take what the writers did with Raton's character at face value. Or maybe it's because I was too wary of Ezio's "mastery of the ways of the world".

Wow... so there exist people who like Connor because he's not Ezio!

That 'state of nature' doesn't have to include being naive. I like Connor because hes not Ezio. He was pretty much made to be the opposite of Ezio to change things up.

rprkjj
06-22-2014, 11:42 PM
I feel that he somewhat got over his naivete at the end of AC3. Throughout the rest of the game, Connor was always brash and impulsive, he was always in a hurry to look for Charles Lee and stop the Templars, plus aid the patriots and save his village. He took on a lot of responsibilities on his plate and he was naďve for thinking that by doing all those things, everything will be fixed and solved.
In the end, he learned to exercise patience and accepted that things take time to change and that things do not always work out the way he intended... a lesson learned the hard way.

I don't see evidence of that last paragraph being true. Connor killed Lee and stopped the colonial Templars, but his people were still displaced and injustices like slavery continued. Connor seemed more disappointed than anything at this. I think to say he 'learned from his mistakes' would be an assumption.

pacmanate
06-22-2014, 11:50 PM
ToKW was a bloody horrible DLC. AC3 definitely had the worst DLC in the franchises history. The Benedict Arnold missions were abysmal. ToKW Ep.1 was actually good, I liked what it was setting up, but 2 and 3 were bad. IMO it was worse than the Copernicus Conspiracy in AC:B.

GunnerGalactico
06-22-2014, 11:56 PM
I don't see evidence of that last paragraph being true. Connor killed Lee and stopped the colonial Templars, but his people were still displaced and injustices like slavery continued. Connor seemed more disappointed than anything at this. I think to say he 'learned from his mistakes' would be an assumption.

If you read Forsaken, then you'd know exactly what I'm talking about. But obviously you were talking in context to the game, so it doesn't count. But Connor did say in his soliloquy: " I realise now it would take time. That the road ahead is long and shrouded in darkness, it will not always take me where I wish to go and I doubt that I will live to see it's end, but I will travel down it nonetheless.... "

rprkjj
06-23-2014, 12:07 AM
If you read Forsaken, then you'd know exactly what I'm talking about. But obviously you were talking in context to the game, so it doesn't count. But Connor did say in his soliloquy: " I realise now it would take time. That the road ahead is long and shrouded in darkness, it will not always take me where I wish to go and I doubt that I will live to see it's end, but I will travel down it nonetheless.... "

Even if they didn't cut that, it wouldn't be a great case. Overall I like Connor for what he is, his annoying naivety being a gripe.

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-23-2014, 12:27 AM

That 'state of nature' doesn't have to include being naive. I like Connor because hes not Ezio. He was pretty much made to be the opposite of Ezio to change things up.

Agreed.

I'm sure that when he encounters a similar scenario in AC3, he won't be the same naive boy he was and do impulsive things and making sure to accomplish the goals as quickly as possible. He admits that he was naive and has definitely learned his lesson.

rprkjj
06-23-2014, 12:33 AM
[/B]

Agreed.

I'm sure that when he encounters a similar scenario in AC3, he won't be the same naive boy he was and do impulsive things and making sure to accomplish the goals as quickly as possible. He admits that he was naive and has definitely learned his lesson.

What? I also don't believe he ever admitted he was naive, that soliloquy was cut from the game.

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-23-2014, 12:45 AM
What? I also don't believe he ever admitted he was naive, that soliloquy was cut from the game.

Well, I'm sure he's grown up to realize how naive he was, and IMO the soliloquy showed him getting a little wiser after what he's been through.

rprkjj
06-23-2014, 12:55 AM
Well, I'm sure he's grown up to realize how naive he was, and IMO the soliloquy showed him getting a little wiser after what he's been through.

Yes, you can be 'sure' but there's no evidence he did. That soliloquy was cut from the final game.

JustPlainQuirky
06-23-2014, 12:59 AM
I think Connor is still naive.

At least until he admits joining the assassins was a mistake. :cool:

rprkjj
06-23-2014, 01:03 AM
I think Connor is still naive.

At least until he admits joining the assassins was a mistake. :cool:

Eh, that didn't necessarily hurt his situation.

JustPlainQuirky
06-23-2014, 01:07 AM
Eh, that didn't necessarily hurt his situation.

It was because of him joining his assassins he ended up provoking an all-out war and got his friend, father, and plenty of his native brothers killed. Not to mention Connor ended up aiding the one who murdered his mother and Connor killed the ones who sought to protect his land.

Had he became a templar and worked with Haytham... things would have worked out for the better i believe :rolleyes:

DaftPunk___
06-23-2014, 02:17 AM
It was because of him joining his assassins he ended up provoking an all-out war and got his friend, father, and plenty of his native brothers killed. Not to mention Connor ended up aiding the one who murdered his mother and Connor killed the ones who sought to protect his land.

Had he became a templar and worked with Haytham... things would have worked out for the better i believe :rolleyes:

I have to disagree with you there.

Imagine if you were in Connor's position.
You could have either fended for yourself and your Native people.
OR, join your Father, who is friends with the man who burnt your village.

I think that's how Connor made his decisions when it came to that point.
If I were Connor, I wouldn't like my Father either.

Especially when Haytham got Ziio pregnant, and wasn't there to raise Ratonhnhaké:ton.

pacmanate
06-23-2014, 01:15 PM

Especially when Haytham got Ziio pregnant, and wasn't there to raise Ratonhnhaké:ton.

Ziio left Haytham, not the other way around. Also Ziio got herself pregnant, she got all hornified and didn't use a condom.

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-23-2014, 03:15 PM
Ziio left Haytham, not the other way around. Also Ziio got herself pregnant, she got all hornified and didn't use a condom.

This word made me lolz.

But yes, Ziio left Haytham because he lied about Braddock dying from that ambush when he didn't die until a day or two later from his injuries.

rprkjj
06-23-2014, 03:19 PM
This word made me lolz.

But yes, Ziio left Haytham because he lied about Braddock dying from that ambush when he didn't die until a day or two later from his injuries.

Wait, really? Also, why does that matter?

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-23-2014, 03:31 PM
Wait, really? Also, why does that matter?

1. Helping get DaftPunk's facts correct
2. To help her understand what really happened.
3. To prove that it was Haytham's lie that caused them to separate.

Take your pick :p

rprkjj
06-23-2014, 03:57 PM
1. Helping get DaftPunk's facts correct
2. To help her understand what really happened.
3. To prove that it was Haytham's lie that caused them to separate.

Take your pick :p

I was wondering why that lie mattered, to Ziio I mean. That just seems arbitrary.

Locopells
06-23-2014, 04:09 PM
I think it might a cultural thing. I'm not the right person to ask on this, but I remember Connors comments on 'that would be a lie' when bribing heralds and thinking that telling people the truth would solve things (but then he was a kid as well, so...)

More generally, it's a trust thing - he lied to her. knowing he hadn't yet fulfilled his side of the bargain - I can see why she'd be pissed.

JustPlainQuirky
06-23-2014, 04:14 PM

Haytham wasn't friends with Washington. the man you are referring to.

Unless you're referring to Charles. Charles didn't burn his village.

Connor is friends with the man who killed his mother. Thats way worse than joining his father and charles.

It's this reason I believe Connor would have been better off joining the templars.

And Haytham didn't even know Ziio was pregnant when she dumped him.

HercRembrandt
06-23-2014, 04:23 PM
Connor is friends with the man who killed his mother.

And singlehandedly won a war that meant losing his people's land for him as well. That right there is why many people feel Connor is not such a great character.

JustPlainQuirky
06-23-2014, 04:25 PM
I love Connor and acknowledge he made stupid mistakes considering it was intentionally written that way.

Still think he should convert to templar-ism tho.

HercRembrandt
06-23-2014, 04:31 PM
I love Connor and acknowledge he made stupid mistakes considering it was intentionally written that way.

Yep, he was doomed from the start because the story was written to serve two masters, as it were. On the one hand, sympathetic portrayal of Native Americans. On the other, chasing the trendy nostalgia for the American Revolution. It's not an easy mix to pull off.

They should have restrained themselves from the more overt scenes of flag-waving, IMO.

JustPlainQuirky
06-23-2014, 04:42 PM
Would have worked if Charles wasn't painted as a mustache twirler in that one choking scene and Connor ended up leaving the assassins in the end.

I would go so far to call it excellent storytelling if it was that way.

But no Charles stays with that one OOC scene within him and Connor stays naive.

At least in Liberation it is stated he has his doubts of the creed so that's something.

HercRembrandt
06-23-2014, 04:47 PM
But that still leaves the larger issue of the inherent conflict between the Native Americans and the colonists. They could have just kept the story of Connor out of the very center of the historical events to avoid it. They wanted to "do" the Revolution though.

JustPlainQuirky
06-23-2014, 04:49 PM
Keep the conflict.

The colonists already won by the end because the natives were kicked from their land.

Connor gets mad at colonists, becomes a templar, plots to kill washington, is called over to help in france, and comes over to fight Arno. :rolleyes:

HercRembrandt
06-23-2014, 04:55 PM
You sure have a lot of love for the Templar cause...

I don't really get it myself. Hoping the "Comet" thing isn't a Templar's Creed. I'll take a Connor/Aveline duo game (as Assassins, that is) over that any day. Will have to see.

JustPlainQuirky
06-23-2014, 04:58 PM
I would actually say the most well-reasoned character would not be a templar or assassin. Since both are essentially extremists.

But I would say working with templars would specifically help Connor a lot more when it comes to achieving his goals.

I hope Comet has a templar protagonist because I want templars to be more than mustache twirlers. I want a good templar and bad assassin for once.

HercRembrandt
06-23-2014, 05:06 PM
Heh, the stab-happy gameplay doesn't really support well-reasoned characters, I suppose.

And I guess I'm not really interested in the philosophical differences between the Assassins and the Templars, that's not the level I relate to the story on. So switching sides doesn't really add anything for me.

JustPlainQuirky
06-23-2014, 05:11 PM
Ah. Well I'm really invested in the narrative of games so that's my problem lol.

HercRembrandt
06-23-2014, 05:29 PM
Well, I like a decent narrative too. But in the case of AC, I'm happy enough with good guys vs. bad guys without going into an in-depth questioning of which is which.

Jexx21
06-23-2014, 05:29 PM
Would have worked if Charles wasn't painted as a mustache twirler in that one choking scene and Connor ended up leaving the assassins in the end.

I would go so far to call it excellent storytelling if it was that way.

But no Charles stays with that one OOC scene within him and Connor stays naive.

At least in Liberation it is stated he has his doubts of the creed so that's something.

scene wasn't OOC, just wasn't explained very well how it wasn't

Lee was manipulating Connor to help get what Lee wanted but it backfired

Haytham wasn't friends with Washington. the man you are referring to.

Unless you're referring to Charles. Charles didn't burn his village.

Connor is friends with the man who killed his mother. Thats way worse than joining his father and charles.

It's this reason I believe Connor would have been better off joining the templars.

And Haytham didn't even know Ziio was pregnant when she dumped him.

also to Connor, Charles was the man who burnt down his village for most of the story.

Shahkulu101
06-23-2014, 05:31 PM
If Connor was a Templar maybe he and Haytham would have lived happily ever after, that would just be boring.

JustPlainQuirky
06-23-2014, 05:32 PM
@jexx

Yes but once Connor found out Washington did it he was like "whutevs"

I just find it sad Connor keeps all that hate for Lee in the end and helps good ol' Georgie when the sole reason he hunted Lee was because he believed he killed his mother.

@shahk

lololol true

Shahkulu101
06-23-2014, 05:34 PM
It was his duty as an assassin to kill Lee and at that point he still believed the patriots cause Americas best option.

JustPlainQuirky
06-23-2014, 05:35 PM
But he only became an assassin to protect his village.

He doesn't really have assassin passion like Altair.

Jexx21
06-23-2014, 05:38 PM
He did by the end, inspired in him by Achilles and I'd even think his father, on some levels.

Altair had no real passion for the Assassins cause in AC1, he was just following orders to regain his position and possibly honor, he didn't even really know that they were Templars at first.

JustPlainQuirky
06-23-2014, 05:40 PM
Eh. I just feel Connor had no reason to be passionate about the assassins and things would've worked out if he'd joined the templars instead.

His partnership with Gerogie and hate for Lee still sickens me to this day.

Shahkulu101
06-23-2014, 05:48 PM
The writing was muddled in some parts, I must say.

Jexx21
06-23-2014, 05:51 PM
Perhaps Connor realized that even though he lost the trust of his tribe, and his tribe's original lands, that aiding the colonists in achieving independence from Britain was still a worthy cause, as it was one of the reasons why he helped the colonists in the first place. He acted harshly towards George after he found out that George ordered his village to be destroyed, twice, but perhaps he didn't see that as a good reason to turn against a cause he still thought was worthy.

In the end, Charles wasn't just a Templar, he was also a traitor to the Patriots, as he gave up information to the British. Charles also heavily manipulated Connor using scare tactics, threats, etc. That was Charles whole game with Connor, up to the very end where he threatens to destroy everything Connor ever cared about, a threat that Charles may actually be serious about, as Charles did in fact manipulate his best friend, not to mention his village, against him, ending with Connor being forced to kill his friend.

Charles did seriously mess up Connor's life. If Charles wasn't even in that area and didn't do anything to Connor, Connor probably would have thought that it was either just a forest fire, or that it was the colonists. He may not have even got into the whole Assassin/Templar conflict at all, his mother would want him to stay out of it anyway.

JustPlainQuirky
06-23-2014, 06:00 PM
Hnghh I guess.

I just could never see how someone could work alongside someone who murdered their mother and loved ones.

Especially if that someone previously hated someone else with a passion for presumably doing the same thing.

GunnerGalactico
06-23-2014, 06:09 PM
It was his duty as an assassin to kill Lee and at that point he still believed the patriots cause Americas best option.

*fist bump* :)

Shahkulu101
06-23-2014, 06:16 PM
*fist bump* :)

*Karate kick bump*

to the face

GunnerGalactico
06-23-2014, 06:20 PM
*Karate kick bump*

to the face

*somersault kick*

to the head

Jexx21
06-23-2014, 06:29 PM
Woah woah woah, why are you two fighting?!

BREAK IT UP GUYS!

rprkjj
06-23-2014, 07:00 PM
He did by the end, inspired in him by Achilles and I'd even think his father, on some levels.

Altair had no real passion for the Assassins cause in AC1, he was just following orders to regain his position and possibly honor, he didn't even really know that they were Templars at first.

Really? About 80% of AC's dialogue was him and Al Muslim chatting about the creed and the philosophy behind it. At least he was passionate enough about the assassins to contemplate their creed and cause more than any other character.

pacmanate
06-23-2014, 07:03 PM
Really? About 80% of AC's dialogue was him and Al Muslim chatting about the creed and the philosophy behind it. At least he was passionate enough about the assassins to contemplate their creed and cause more than any other character.

Agreed :)

Jexx21
06-23-2014, 08:07 PM

I was talking about Altair in the beginning of AC1, which to be honest, is what I think of most when I think of Altair.

And we don't know how much the other characters thought about the Creed and it's philosophy exactly, it's never fully shown. Except we know that Ezio probably thought about it a lot according to a good chunk of his lines.

DaftPunk___
06-23-2014, 11:17 PM
Okay, okay. So I can see my vision of the gameplay is still slightly blurred for me, I haven't played the game in the while so I might need to play it again...
I must look like an idiot WOW okai I am sorry. Thank you guys for correcting my mistakes... I thought it was Haytham after remembering Connor and Haytham having a talk about Kaniehtí:io.

This, is 100% true. :D

Altaďr is my second favourite assassin, because of his passion.
And because of his badassness too. :D

SpiritOfNevaeh
06-23-2014, 11:32 PM
Okay, okay. So I can see my vision of the gameplay is still slightly blurred for me, I haven't played the game in the while so I might need to play it again...
I must look like an idiot WOW okai I am sorry. Thank you guys for correcting my mistakes... I thought it was Haytham after remembering Connor and Haytham having a talk about Kaniehtí:io.

This, is 100% true. :D

Altaďr is my second favourite assassin, because of his passion.
And because of his badassness too. :D

You're not an idiot. We all make mistakes and the mind can play games on everyone sometimes. Maybe you can just play the game again and refresh your memory :) You know you want to... :D

DaftPunk___
06-24-2014, 12:37 AM
You're not an idiot. We all make mistakes and the mind can play games on everyone sometimes. Maybe you can just play the game again and refresh your memory :) You know you want to... :D

Yes yes~ I'll do it when I get out on my Winter Break haha.

I could play ACIII 36728190283743289 times if I wanted to and never be bored. :D

Radman500
06-25-2014, 07:58 PM
which is the reason for his negativity

I am of the opinion that if there was no Haytham section, that more people would of enjoyed Connor

but i feel like alot of people were completely suprised by Haytham and everyone liked him, in general, when we got to Connor everyone was kind of like "ehhhhh

Jexx21
06-25-2014, 08:04 PM
I disagree with the premise and this doesn't need it's own topic it could have been posted in the various other topics having to do with Connor.

TheDanteEX
06-25-2014, 08:19 PM
I doubt it. I didn't care for Haytham my first playthrough and still didn't feel much for Connor outside the Homestead missions.

JustPlainQuirky
06-25-2014, 08:29 PM
This thread title amuses me greatly.

GunnerGalactico
06-25-2014, 08:36 PM
it could have been posted in the various other topics having to do with Connor.

It wasn't necessary to create another one.

marvelfannumber
06-25-2014, 08:40 PM
Here Radman goes again with making what should be posts from other threads into new threads.....

Hans684
06-25-2014, 09:02 PM
Agree, he even did it in the Target Footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7whXT8dsAk

roostersrule2
06-25-2014, 09:14 PM
You're wrong, Koner was a bad character.

ACfan443
06-25-2014, 09:28 PM
You're wrong, Koner was a bad character.

*Conner
You're welcome.