PDA

View Full Version : Splinter Cell Blacklist is coming to the Wii U

LuckyBide
04-10-2013, 01:48 PM
http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/15/1365597008-sbbl-confirmed-wii-u.jpg
http://www.hapshack.com/images/xiJGW.png

"Ubisoft confirms that Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell(R) Blacklist(TM) is coming to Wii U on Aug. 20 in North America, Aug. 22 for EMEA territories and Aug. 23 in the UK. Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist on Wii U will deliver a unique gaming experience that puts players in the role of special operative and 4th Echelon leader Sam Fisher. Showcasing enhanced game-play features using the Wii U GamePad controller, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist allows players to operate innovative gadgets, take out enemies and move through the environment, and intuitively switch between weapons, among other features. The GamePad touch screen, along with motion-based inputs, are sure to immerse fans and gamers alike in this thrilling modern-day adventure. "

Full article at Market Watch (link censored here)

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/04/10/splinter-cell-blacklist-confirmed-for-wii-u/

MattStanyon
04-10-2013, 01:59 PM
It's about time, we've seen listings for the Wii U version of Splinter Cell: Blacklist on Blockbuster UK, BestBuy US, GameStop Ireland and Amazon France, along with the Wii U version of the game being previously listed on the resumes of two Ubisoft developers.

Here's another source : http://hyg.me/series/tomclancy/

UbiZack
04-10-2013, 02:16 PM
Hey guys...

Today we can finally confirm that SCB is headed to the Wii U!

http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o490/SplinterCellBlacklist/SCBL_WiiU_BXSHT_3D_zpsa00427b2.jpg

There are plenty of cool things that you can do with the Gamepad... but, for now, we're only talking about a couple.

http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o490/SplinterCellBlacklist/130410_3pmCET_SCBL_WiiU_Screenshot_01_zps8c412c75. jpg

http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o490/SplinterCellBlacklist/130410_3pmCET_SCBL_WiiU_Screenshot_02_zpsb3dceea5. jpg

We'll be talking about more details soon...

...anyone have, or planning to get a Wii U?

LuckyBide
04-10-2013, 02:19 PM
Thanks for using my thread Zack, and sorry !

I'm not planning to get a WiiU but I find great the fact that there's no HUD (or almost) on the main screen.

UbiZack
04-10-2013, 02:26 PM
Well...looks like I can't change the order of these posts (or I just don't know how).

I guess you're taking the lead on this one, JV.

Guys... JV will be fielding all your questions

(DON'T MESS UP!! :) )

LuckyBide
04-10-2013, 02:33 PM
Well...looks like I can't change the order of these posts (or I just don't know how).
I guess you're taking the lead on this one, JV.
Guys... JV will be fielding all your questions
(DON'T MESS UP!! :) )

Hahaha ! xD
*Put on his Spy Suit and go hiding in the darkness of the forums*

(You can delete this thread if it's more convenient for you, it's not a problem :) )

UbiZack
04-10-2013, 02:36 PM
no way, dude... I'm taking the rest of the day off now!

SCAgent95
04-10-2013, 02:37 PM
It looks good, no WiiU for me though, but i do want to know more about the features planned on the console :D.

LuckyBide
04-10-2013, 02:41 PM
no way, dude... I'm taking the rest of the day off now!

Let's talk about the salary then :D

TheRealGunnut19
04-10-2013, 03:55 PM
From my experience, old SC controls were kind of bad with motion control, hopefully they do it right this time.

I'll still be playing on PC, though.

TheRealGunnut19
04-10-2013, 04:23 PM
Who else is curious about the controls?

I mean, tapping to mark and gyroscopic movement for snake cam is in those concept images. But what else?

Fraeulein
04-10-2013, 05:20 PM
I played DA on the Wii. Which was very different that Xbox gameplay. There were a few strange glitches, which were advantagous. This interest me. But i dont wanna get a WiiU.

TheRealGunnut19
04-10-2013, 05:36 PM
I played DA on the Wii. Which was very different that Xbox gameplay. There were a few strange glitches, which were advantagous. This interest me. But i dont wanna get a WiiU.

I didn't encounter any glitches besides the game freezing if I were to get detected on the later levels, but that really seemed more like a subtle punishment for detection. I did hate having jumping and cover on one, hypersensitive motion control.

KevinPDZ0916
04-10-2013, 05:42 PM
@JV Cell, so what does it feel like, being the official splinter cell community developer for a day? :p

@Zack, funny as always. :D

I don't have a Wii U. Honestly, I believe Nintendo screwed themselves over when they released a console that's similar to xbox 360 / ps3 6 years later. Microsoft and Sony will have their next generation consoles out by this fall, presumably, and, yes, while Wii U could get next gen ports through Unreal 3 / 4 modifications, I really believe that, in the long run, it's Nintendo's first party titles that will drive the system - again, just like any Nintendo console. Nintendo just has a hard time getting consistent third party support for big games. I'm glad Blacklist is coming on it, because it's going to ACTUALLY have online support this time - for the first time ever - on a nintendo console. The only reason I will get a Wii U is: 1) When the price goes down, and 2) If the first party Nintendo titles are anything worth playing. I've had every Nintendo console thus far at launch, and I did not pick up the Wii U at launch.

Anyways, the snake cam and weapon switching looks nice, because it eliminates the HUD of any unnecessary images. I can't believe it took this long for Nintendo to announce it.

LuckyBide
04-10-2013, 06:21 PM
@JV Cell, so what does it feel like, being the official splinter cell community developer for a day? :p

Weel, it was only for a few minutes but it's an experience I recommend to you all.
Very pleasant to love so much the hardcore fans but so weird to hate them at the same time :p
BTW a lot of stuff is coming in the next weeks, stay connected ;)

KevinPDZ0916
04-10-2013, 06:27 PM
Weel, it was only for a few minutes but it's an experience I recommend to you all.
Very pleasant to love so much the hardcore fans but so weird to hate them at the same time :p
BTW a lot of stuff is coming in the next weeks, stay connected ;)

Ha ha... you better give us the big scoop on coop, SvM, and MP in the next few weeks. :p

KevinPDZ0916
04-10-2013, 08:30 PM
lol. Spy vs. Merc will finally be on a Splinter Cell title for a Nintendo console, because it ACTUALLY supports a better online gameplay system.

About time...

MerriIl
04-10-2013, 10:31 PM
Oh boy, I hope the mobile app is somewhat similar in function as the Wii U game pad.

KevinPDZ0916
04-10-2013, 10:47 PM
Marking enemies by touching them sounds cool. And weapon swapping on the touch screen eliminates the need for it to show on the HUD. Those are good things so far.

SolidSage
04-10-2013, 11:13 PM
Sounds more like the WiiU is coming to Splinter Cell Blacklist to me.

TheRealGunnut19
04-10-2013, 11:16 PM
Sounds more like the WiiU is coming to Splinter Cell Blacklist to me.

Yep.

Dieinthedark
04-11-2013, 12:55 AM
@JV - TELL ME EVERYTHING ABOUT SVM

Now, excuse me while I go populate the boards with "@JV - Can you...." threads ;)

lol, anyway, looks cool but not for me

Fraeulein
04-12-2013, 03:08 AM
I didn't encounter any glitches besides the game freezing if I were to get detected on the later levels, but that really seemed more like a subtle punishment for detection. I did hate having jumping and cover on one, hypersensitive motion control.
There are a few areas where wall seams or parts of the map did not meet. And if you forced it, you could pop through. Like taking a shortcut.