PDA

View Full Version : Ariana - beginner needs advice

Kommutierung
04-08-2013, 08:53 PM
Hello,
I am a
- beginner (playing a few days now)
- with ELO ~520 at the moment
and i got the Severed Fates deck and wanted to play with that now.
I made a few changes to it and already had some games. They went so-so. I managed to win some games but also have to face much stronger decks quite often.

thats mine at the moment:
http://www.mmdoc.net/show_deck/1245/

What can/have i do to improve it? Should i put more/different creatures in? How about the spells? ...

thanks for help!

PS: I dont have that many cards yet, all the gold gone for the Severed Fates deck :(

Shadowelf32
04-08-2013, 10:36 PM
There is a really nice spell based Ariana control deck posted by psychobabble some threads below. I know that u might be lacking key cards atm, but it will give u an idea how to properly build urs and what cards to aim for.

X-Chaoscontrol
04-09-2013, 12:44 PM
I'm in a similar situation. Just bought Ariana, playing for a few days the game. I thought it would make me improve, but I have started losing my last games with her. I don't find a way to 1v1 lines. I've seen the popular decks with Ariana, but I have not enough spells like earthquake and locust swarm, and I don't know how to use them properly.
IMO you have too low creatures, and those spells make you lose them.
I don't have any week of taxes nor Wild Spirits either, so... :S

I can't get close to that deck yet, but I would like to know how it works properly, as the only thing I see is that you suicide your creatures without killing theirs. :S

Kommutierung
04-09-2013, 05:35 PM
@Shadowelf32, thanks! also saw that deck before, but the cards... will need ages for me to get them :D (btw. whats the best way to get them, buy reinforcement or decks or ...?)

i am familiar with the deck now and managed to get up to ~630 (6 wins in a row). most of the times i played against 650+ or even 700+ players with decks full of fancy and powerful high end cards. only problem for them, they dont know how to play. so as long as it is possible for me to clearly outplay them i am fine.
but... that wont last forever, i am sure soon i will face good players with stronger decks.

so please anybody with some ideas what are the weakest things about my deck? things which should get changed as soon as possible?

best regards
Kommu

X-Chaoscontrol
04-09-2013, 07:22 PM
@Shadowelf32, thanks! also saw that deck before, but the cards... will need ages for me to get them :D (btw. whats the best way to get them, buy reinforcement or decks or ...?)

i am familiar with the deck now and managed to get up to ~630 (6 wins in a row). most of the times i played against 650+ or even 700+ players with decks full of fancy and powerful high end cards. only problem for them, they dont know how to play. so as long as it is possible for me to clearly outplay them i am fine.
but... that wont last forever, i am sure soon i will face good players with stronger decks.

so please anybody with some ideas what are the weakest things about my deck? things which should get changed as soon as possible?

best regards
Kommu
You also have so many good cards out of the basic deck. Since you are beginner, how could you get Atropos, Moonsilk spider, Moonsilk skeleton, Ravenous Ghoul, Spell Twister and Town Portal?
My deck is much far away than yours. :S

http://www.mmdoc.net/show_deck/1261/

Kommutierung
04-09-2013, 07:42 PM
i am a beginner, playing maybe for a week now about 2hours/day (Join Date Apr 2013).

how i got my cards?
- started with necropolis
- from achievements
- spent my gold on severed fates and some reinforcements
- seals spent on void rising box
- promo codes

X-Chaoscontrol
04-09-2013, 07:59 PM
i am a beginner, playing maybe for a week now about 2hours/day (Join Date Apr 2013).

how i got my cards?
- started with necropolis
- from achievements
- spent my gold on severed fates and some reinforcements
- seals spent on void rising box
- promo codes
Yeah, I guess the main difference is that I got the normal box instead the Void Rising one, cause I thought it will be plenty of sanctuary cards, which I couldnt use. :S Instead I got lots of inferno cards on my box, which are not useful anyway. :(
I think that my next seals stack will be spent on that.

Uclaoboat
04-12-2013, 06:20 PM
Hi, nice thread. I just started playing yesterday.

Where do i get promo codes?

holasthefifth
05-21-2013, 06:58 PM
Promo codes, http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/767023-Promo-Codes