PDA

View Full Version : Replaying Assassin's Creed 2 and I would like to say...

MUCHxz
04-06-2013, 05:54 PM
It is probably my favoruite Assassin's Creed now.
Reasons why:
Combat isn't incredibly easy.
Story has the best flow (not too slow, not too fast. [imo] )
Ezio has a good character/personality.
Setting - Largest and most attractive setting. (In my opinion.)
Music - I personally prefer Jesper Kyd to Lorne Balfe, I feel that it is a shame that Jesper no longer composes for Assassin's Creed.
This is my opinion, I know many will disagree, but I think this is the best personally.
What do you think and what was your favourite and why?

Assassin_M
04-06-2013, 06:17 PM
What a coincidence, well first you`re wrong you`ll find most agreeing with you that AC II is awesome and all that, me; however, ehhh not so much...my favorites are AC III and AC I, but I was replaying AC II last week, because I love Florence and Venice. I finished it and here`s what I think.

The story pace is great, but that made a lot of the characters that appeared suffer. I felt NOTHING when Giovanni and his sons were hanged. literally NOTHING and I wanted to feel sad, really..I tried, but there wasn't much of a bond built and Ezio`s attitude at the brothel did not help either. he`s all smiles and and that`s just a couple days after the hangings, so that did not do too much to make me feel a tragedy. if Ezio himself is smiling most of the time, how can I be sad about it ? he`s all over italy sleeping with everything that moves, I mean yeah it`s a revenge story, but...It did not really click with me as a revenge tale..more like....Happy flirty adventures of the playboy and what about Dessie ?? overall time of Dessie is 20 minutes...yep...from 20 hours, Dessie takes 20 minutes...yeah

carrying on about characters, this game introduced TOO many characters who either had no use, but make it seem like this game is rich with characters, or really had so little screen time that I`d go "Who ?" the only people that are memorable to me are Mario, Paula, Leonardo and Bartolomeo, but that shouldn't have been the case, because there`s A LOT more characters. Teodora, Volpe, Machiavelli, Cristina, Federico, Petruccio, Claudia, Maria, Giovanni, Anetta the maid, Antonio, Ugo...etc. These guys either just had too little time or their personalities were not THAT memorable.

Now combat. The worst combat in any of the games for me. it`s A LOT slower than AC I`s combat and the counter window is larger now. nuff said...I did not enjoy it AT ALL.

Talking about Ezio, I didn't really fall in love with his character, but I kept convincing myself that he`ll change, he`ll get out of that playboy kid persona sooner or later, but he only did at the very last sequence (not including DLC) the very last sequence really ? 17 playboy, 20 playboy, 23 playboy, 26 playboy, 27 playboy, 31 playboy, 40 FINALLY, but then he grows out of revenge...personally that left a bad taste in my mouth, because SUPPOSEDLY he killed 13 OTHER PEOPLE to get to this *******, but eeeeh I`m done now...live..what ? not to mention his job as an Assassin to hunt Templars you know ?

Setting is not the largest, just so we`re clear, but it`s definitely beautiful. it`s not my favorite, venice`s color scheme just ruined it for me, the honor goes to Constantinople.

Music is amazing. Jesper did an extraordinary job.

So yeah that`s my opinion on it...waiting for all the hate

ProletariatPleb
04-06-2013, 06:18 PM
My favourite AC1.

Reasons:
You're actually an assassin.
It is tense after you perform your assassination, the city is on alert and you have to be extra careful
Combat isn't ridiculously easy and no stupid kill streaks.
Story required to you use your head a bit.
The cities along with the music make the perfect atmosphere which no other AC has beaten yet.
Alta´r has subtle character development, they don't shove it down your throat like the Ezio saga.

EDIT: M I believe he asked which is your favourite AC and why and not why you dislike AC2 :P

Assassin_M
04-06-2013, 06:21 PM
EDIT: M I believe he asked which is your favourite AC and why and not why you dislike AC2 :P
I`m gonna do my favorite then...just wanted to rub it to some guys :rolleyes:

pirate1802
04-06-2013, 06:23 PM
LOL M.. jumping the gun as always xD

MUCHxz
04-06-2013, 06:24 PM
My favourite AC1.

Reasons:
You're actually an assassin.
It is tense after you perform your assassination, the city is on alert and you have to be extra careful
Combat isn't ridiculously easy and no stupid kill streaks.
Story required to you use your head a bit.
The cities along with the music make the perfect atmosphere which no other AC has beaten yet.
Alta´r has subtle character development, they don't shove it down your throat like the Ezio saga.

I agree with many of your reasons, but what annoyed me with AC 1 is the irritating and repetitive side missions required to progress through the story, other than that it is a very good game.

Assassin_M
04-06-2013, 06:27 PM
Alright, favorites are AC III and AC I (Sid already did AC I, so I`ll do AC III)

Reasons:
Better combat
Better Protagonist
Better Economic system
Great story
Naval combat
Tree running
the SUBTLE return of freedom in TWO assassination. (which is so sad...so damm sad)
Hunting

MUCHxz
04-06-2013, 06:27 PM
What a coincidence, well first you`re wrong you`ll find most agreeing with you that AC II is awesome and all that, me; however, ehhh not so much...my favorite is AC III, but I was replaying AC II last week, because I love Florence and Venice. I finished it and here`s what I think.

The story pace is great, but that made a lot of the characters that appeared suffer. I felt NOTHING when Giovanni and his sons were hanged. literally NOTHING and I wanted to feel sad, really..I tried, but there wasn't much of a bond built and Ezio`s attitude at the brothel did not help either. he`s all smiles and and that`s just a couple days after the hangings, so that did not do too much to make me feel a tragedy. if Ezio himself is smiling most of the time, how can I be sad about it ? he`s all over italy sleeping with everything that moves, I mean yeah it`s a revenge story, but...It did not really click with me as a revenge tale..more like....Happy flirty adventures of the playboy and what about Dessie ?? overall time of Dessie is 20 minutes...yep...from 20 hours, Dessie takes 20 minutes...yeah

carrying on about characters, this game introduced TOO many characters who either had no use, but make it seem like this game is rich with characters, or really had so little screen time that I`d go "Who ?" the only people that are memorable to me are Mario, Paula, Leonardo and Bartolomeo, but that shouldn't have been the case, because there`s A LOT more characters. Teodora, Volpe, Machiavelli, Cristina, Federico, Petruccio, Claudia, Maria, Giovanni, Anetta the maid, Antonio, Ugo...etc. These guys either just had too little time or their personalities were not THAT memorable.

Now combat. The worst combat in any of the games for me. it`s A LOT slower than AC I`s combat and the counter window is larger now. nuff said...I did not enjoy it AT ALL.

Talking about Ezio, I didn't really fall in love with his character, but I kept convincing myself that he`ll change, he`ll get out of that playboy kid persona sooner or later, but he only did at the very last sequence (not including DLC) the very last sequence really ? 17 playboy, 20 playboy, 23 playboy, 26 playboy, 27 playboy, 31 playboy, 40 FINALLY, but then he grows out of revenge...personally that left a bad taste in my mouth, because SUPPOSEDLY he killed 13 OTHER PEOPLE to get to this *******, but eeeeh I`m done now...live..what ? not to mention his job as an Assassin to hunt Templars you know ?

Setting is not the largest, just so we`re clear, but it`s definitely beautiful. it`s not my favorite, venice`s color scheme just ruined it for me, the honor goes to Constantinople.

Music is amazing. Jesper did an extraordinary job.

So yeah that`s my opinion on it...waiting for all the hate

Maybe Ezio is happy for vengeance.

Assassin_M
04-06-2013, 06:29 PM
Maybe Ezio is happy for vengeance.
Well, I didn't like it too much:p

ProletariatPleb
04-06-2013, 06:31 PM
I agree with many of your reasons, but what annoyed me with AC 1 is the irritating and repetitive side missions required to progress through the story, other than that it is a very good game.
I suppose so, as a PC player I had 5 extra mission types everytime. So it wasn't 'repetitive and boring' for me.

Gi1t
For me, combat speed and counter windows are pretty much irrelevant. I never really noticed anything different between 1, 2, and Brotherhood at all. They were all equally **** easy.

The only standout feature in any of them, to me, was the evade/strafe function in AC2, where you could hold A to move around quickly. As soon as I tried that, I loved it. The way it felt and the way it was animated really added some liveliness to the combat. Then in Brotherhood, they went and replaced it with a lame crotch kick and shoved it off to the awkward double tap on the control stick which completely removed the ability to hold the evasion button and strafe for varying amounts of time, making it useless. Anyway, that feature was probably the one thing they ever had that gave me something to do besides going through the motions of killing useless ****s one by one.

nitres15
Alright, favorites are AC III and AC I (Sid already did AC I, so I`ll do AC III)

Reasons:
Better combat
Better Protagonist (nah)
Better Economic system
Great story(at times)
Naval combat
Tree running
the SUBTLE return of freedom in TWO assassination. (which is so sad...so damm sad)
Hunting

i agree

Megas_Doux
04-06-2013, 06:36 PM

Reasons:
Better combat
Better Protagonist
Better Economic system
Great story
Naval combat
Tree running
Hunting

This....

TheHumanTowel
04-06-2013, 06:37 PM
I agree AC2 is the best. It was a wonderful continuation of the series that improved on all of AC1's flaws while still keeping what made it great mostly intact. It's got a great story that was a little more personal and intimate than Altair's, It's actually believable that Ezio could be working in the shadows staying out of history unlike later games where he's practically famous, it's got the most memorable assassinations, the best cities (and the best city Venice in any of the games), the side-missions are the best in the series (Brotherhood a close second), the soundtrack is ****ing fantastic, the glyphs are some of my favourite parts of the series and provide the sense of mystery that's been completely absent the past two games.

Let's hope AC4 can capture what made AC2 great.

ProletariatPleb
04-06-2013, 06:47 PM
the side-missions are the best in the series (Brotherhood a close second)
>AC2
>Sidemissions

Wat. There were but a few

MUCHxz
04-06-2013, 06:47 PM
Where is the love for ACII? :(

shobhit7777777
04-06-2013, 06:48 PM
I want AC1s Mission structure, freedom of approach and narrative
I want Ezio trilogy's refined gadgets - bombs, bows, poisons, hook blades etc. and Den/Tower capturing sandboxes...and Combat...yes the combat
I want ACIIIs stealth additions, tree-running and the ANIMATIONS!!

All set in Constaninople...in ACR robes.

I will then have found my soul mate....with whom I shall transcend this world and enter a state of perpetual carnal bliss.

**** you all

Assassin_M
04-06-2013, 06:51 PM
I want AC1s Mission structure, freedom of approach and narrative
I want Ezio trilogy's refined gadgets - bombs, bows, poisons, hook blades etc. and Den/Tower capturing sandboxes...and Combat...yes the combat
I want ACIIIs stealth additions, tree-running and the ANIMATIONS!!

All set in Constaninople...in ACR robes.

I will then have found my soul mate....with whom I shall transcend this world and enter a state of perpetual carnal bliss.

**** you all
THIS

except this bit

and Combat...yes the combat

Assassin_M
04-06-2013, 06:51 PM
Where is the love for ACII? :(
looks like I was wrong xD

MUCHxz
04-06-2013, 06:54 PM
:D

ProletariatPleb
04-06-2013, 06:55 PM
Which game do you think had the worst combat? AC2 for me.

TheHumanTowel
04-06-2013, 06:55 PM
>AC2
>Sidemissions

Wat. There were but a few
There were a ton of assassination side missions that were pretty varied and all had a nice little story behind them. The courier missions and beat up were also nice especially the way you got to read the letters you had to deliver. There were the Tombs, the glyphs, upgrading Monteriggioni. There were definitely more than a few.

Assassin_M
04-06-2013, 06:56 PM
Agreed

TheHumanTowel
04-06-2013, 06:58 PM
Brotherhood. ******* chain killing breaking the game.

Megas_Doux
04-06-2013, 06:58 PM
THE perfect AC game for me, would be like this:

AC1┤s liberty and atmosphere + AC3┤s mechanics, animations and a hardened version of its combat. The stories of those game are GREAT, loved the grey morals...

ProletariatPleb
04-06-2013, 07:00 PM
There were a ton of assassination side missions that were pretty varied and all had a nice little story behind them. The courier missions and beat up were also nice especially the way you got to read the letters you had to deliver. There were the Tombs, the glyphs, upgrading Monteriggioni. There were definitely more than a few.
Assassination Contracts, Tombs/Lairs, other mundane tasks and perhaps the glyphs.

And upgrading is now a sidemission? You serious?

How exactly does Brotherhood not beat it in sidemissions of AC2? It was the only thing Brotherhood really had, lol.

Rugterwyper32
04-06-2013, 07:03 PM
AC3 and AC1 are tied for my favorites, after replaying AC1. My one problem with the original is the overall lack of variety in missions (You'd think there'd be ways to make information gathering more interesting for a game) and the fact that if you fail an informer mission you have to listen to that dialogue all over again (which made the last informer missions in Damascus a pain), but besides that, it is overall an amazing game.
AC3 had great variety of things to do, the forts (easily the best part of the game), a great protagonist with one of the best antagonists in the series to go along with him (Haytham is great), treerunning, the frontier overall, naval, some pretty damn fluid combat that could stand to have some additions from AC1 to make it more interesting, and a surprisingly interesting economic system that sadly crumbles under the terrible, TERRIBLE UI.
AC1 had the assassinations and escapes, the greatest Templars the series has ever had (with only Haytham and William Johnson getting close), amazing cities that are growing to be back among my favorites and the only thing I wish they had is databases for locations and that they were bigger, atmosphere that is still unmatched (Revelations got close, though), probably the best storyline and twists of the series, and the most interesting combat mechanics in the series that only suffer from some problems with responsiveness and fluidity. I don't know how many times Altair has done a fast attack when I wanted a power one, or how many times he attacks someone I don't want to.

The more I think about it, the more I hate AC2's combat. It feels really dumbed down. People complained about combat in AC1 being "counter counter counter", but I think no one ever tried any of the techniques you learned throughout the game. Besides the issues mentioned before, the combat in AC1 felt interesting, with enemies that you actually handled differently thanks to the variety of abilities and the variety of abilities that THEY had. I loved seeing how some standard enemies could break your grabs, or dodge, or even counter you. It kinda returned in AC3, but it felt more satisfying in 1. Learning combo kills, using counters correctly and making enemies run in fear after you killed many others(which is something that should return) worked pretty damn well. In fact, I think killstreaks could be fixed if rather than outright killing enemies you needed timing to do something like combo kills in this, or attacks that work like the non-kill counters in tougher enemies. Wouldn't that be fun.

catkiller97
04-06-2013, 07:03 PM

AC1┤s liberty and atmosphere + AC3┤s mechanics

this

TheHumanTowel
04-06-2013, 07:05 PM
Assassination Contracts, Tombs/Lairs, other mundane tasks and perhaps the glyphs.

And upgrading is now a sidemission? You serious?

How exactly does Brotherhood not beat it in sidemissions of AC2? It was the only thing Brotherhood really had, lol.
How is upgrading not a side-activity? It's something you do not related to to main story missions, same with the glyphs. I think I just prefer AC2 overall because the setting is better so it makes the side missions seem a bit more colourful. Rome is pretty dull. Also I dislike the recruit system which was a big part of ACB.

Megas_Doux
04-06-2013, 07:09 PM

I agree!!!

DA vinci┤s machines are my favorite side missions in the franchise....

Followed by the naval ones and Ac2┤s tombs.

ProletariatPleb
04-06-2013, 07:14 PM
How is upgrading not a side-activity? It's something you do not related to to main story missions, same with the glyphs. I think I just prefer AC2 overall because the setting is better so it makes the side missions seem a bit more colourful. Rome is pretty dull. Also I dislike the recruit system which was a big part of ACB.
Well I mean if you think upgrading is a sideactivity, Brotherhood yet again beats you, with so many things things to buy I'd rather kill myself.

The more I think about it, the more I hate AC2's combat. It feels really dumbed down. People complained about combat in AC1 being "counter counter counter", but I think no one ever tried any of the techniques you learned throughout the game. Besides the issues mentioned before, the combat in AC1 felt interesting, with enemies that you actually handled differently thanks to the variety of abilities and the variety of abilities that THEY had. I loved seeing how some standard enemies could break your grabs, or dodge, or even counter you. It kinda returned in AC3, but it felt more satisfying in 1. Learning combo kills, using counters correctly and making enemies run in fear after you killed many others(which is something that should return) worked pretty damn well. In fact, I think killstreaks could be fixed if rather than outright killing enemies you needed timing to do something like combo kills in this, or attacks that work like the non-kill counters in tougher enemies. Wouldn't that be fun.
Nailed it, the fools that never tried anything other than counter had only themselves to blame. I only even press block when attacked otherwise I keep trying to get combos. AC1 combat was so fun, grab, grab break, dodge, break defense.

First gameplay video I ever recorded was of AC1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yC5WMz3rwE

MUCHxz
04-06-2013, 07:15 PM
AC1 had the worst combat I think.

TheHumanTowel
04-06-2013, 07:17 PM
Well I mean if you think upgrading is a sideactivity, Brotherhood yet again beats you, with so many things things to buy I'd rather kill myself.

Buying the entire city of Rome was stupid and didn't make any sense. I'll take Monteriggioni over that yeah.

catkiller97
04-06-2013, 07:17 PM
AC1 had great atmosphere and combat tho its successors ruined combat i think .

Buying the entire city of Rome was stupid and didn't make any sense. I'll take Monteriggioni over that yeah.

agreed.

Kaschra
04-06-2013, 07:20 PM
My first thought when I read the title of the thread:
Let's see when M comes in and complains how bad AC2 is :rolleyes:
And he didn't disappoint :o

All in all, AC2 is my favourite, too. And even though Haytham is my favourite playable character personlitywise, I just had more fun playing as Ezio.

ProletariatPleb
04-06-2013, 07:20 PM
You mean successors...

ze_topazio
04-06-2013, 07:21 PM
AC1 and AC2 combat systems are awful, but the fact they're awful, surprisingly, worked in their favor, the combat systems are so awful that i felt compelled to be as sneaky as possible to avoid fighting as much as possible, Brotherhood and Revelations combat systems makes you feel like a badass, you can wipe the floor with entire armies without even breaking a sweat, so every time i got caught by some guards i was like "come at me bro", AC3 combat is kind of fun and because it is kind of fun i felt like randomly fighting guards just because.

Assassin_M
04-06-2013, 07:21 PM
Let's see when M comes in and complains how bad AC2 is :rolleyes:
And he didn't disappoint :o

neither have you:rolleyes:

I always love acknowledgement

catkiller97
04-06-2013, 07:23 PM
@sidspyker24 :P

nice vid and how you did cell-sheding in AC1?

Kaschra
04-06-2013, 07:26 PM
neither have you:rolleyes:

I always love acknowledgement

I know :o

SixKeys
04-06-2013, 07:36 PM
My favorite is ACB.

Combat is super-easy, but I can't help but love it. It has the best flow out of all the games so far.
Music feels slightly heavier and darker than AC2. Tracks like "Master Assassin", "Ezio Confronts Lucrezia" and "Borgia Tower". It adds a lot to the atmosphere of the oppressed Rome.
Content. So much of it! Lots of fun side missions like the war marchines, Borgia towers, Templar agents, Romulus lairs etc.
Graphics were improved from AC2. There's still an element of cartoonishness compared with AC1 but at least characters and buildings no longer look plastic.
Returning characters were given more depth than in AC2.
Multiplayer was the best one in the series.
Nice balance of stealth and action. (For example each war machine mission was half and half and Borgia towers gave you freedom to approach the mission however you liked.)

ProletariatPleb
04-06-2013, 07:38 PM
AC1 and AC2 combat systems are awful, but the fact they're awful, surprisingly, worked in their favor, the combat systems are so awful that i felt compelled to be as sneaky as possible to avoid fighting as much as possible, Brotherhood and Revelations combat systems makes you feel like a badass, you can wipe the floor with entire armies without even breaking a sweat, so every time i got caught by some guards i was like "come at me bro", AC3 combat is kind of fun and because it is kind of fun i felt like randomly fighting guards just because.
That is the point where we remember it's Assassin's Creed, not Warrior's creed. It should be that we're amazing at sneaking but open combat isn't our strong suite. Agility over Strength.

Gi1t
04-06-2013, 07:40 PM

Which kind of undermined the stealth thing and led to its own problems. XD

Either way, I don't know. I jsut never saw any difference between ANY of the AC combat systems I played. They were all equally basic and the enemies were just as pathetic in every game I played. When it comes down to it, without robust enemies to fight, (not just AI, I'm talking actual abilitites as well), to me, it's just going through the motions whether it's clunky, smooth, awkward, or stupidly easy. -__-

TheHumanTowel
04-06-2013, 07:43 PM
Which kind of undermined the stealth thing and led to its own problems. XD

Either way, I don't know. I jsut never saw any difference between ANY of the AC combat systems I played. They were all equally basic and the enemies were just as pathetic in every game I played. When it comes down to it, without robust enemies to fight, (not just AI, I'm talking actual abilitites as well), to me, it's just going through the motions whether it's clunky, smooth, awkward, or stupidly easy. -__-
Yeah you can still easily take down 50 guards at a time in AC1. It might take a bit longer and maybe be a bit harder but it's still easy.

SixKeys
04-06-2013, 07:45 PM
That is the point where we remember it's Assassin's Creed, not Warrior's creed. It should be that we're amazing at sneaking but open combat isn't our strong suite. Agility over Strength.

I have to disagree. The combat shouldn't be crappy on purpose, the games should be about player freedom, after all. Those who want to play stealthy should be able to play stealthy and those who want to slaughter everything in their path should be able to do so. The only catch is that combat should be hard. The original intent for AC1 was to make your character realistically vulnerable, almost to the point of "one hit, lights out". Alta´r was still a badass, just not superhuman. Just like in RL, stealth has its challenges but at least you're less likely to get killed.

ProletariatPleb
04-06-2013, 07:46 PM
I have to disagree. The combat shouldn't be crappy on purpose, the games should be about player freedom, after all. Those who want to play stealthy should be able to play stealthy and those who want to slaughter everything in their path should be able to do so. The only catch is that combat should be hard. The original intent for AC1 was to make your character realistically vulnerable, almost to the point of "one hit, lights out". Alta´r was still a badass, just not superhuman. Just like in RL, stealth has its challenges but at least you're less likely to get killed.
I'm not saying combat should be crappy, we shouldn't be that good for no reason, there should be challenge, so far in AC combat fights can be finished with your eyes closed.

Megas_Doux
04-06-2013, 07:47 PM
Brotherhood is my least favorite:
Its combat is WAY to easy, even for Ac┤s low standars haha.
The story is linear, and cartoonish!!!! It is full of: linear and cartoonish antagonists, worst templar crew in the series.......
Rome is the dullest city for me in the series, despite having huge and great landmarks such as the Colosseum and Castel Saint Angelo. It is like Toscana and Firenze had a ugly looking baby.
Romulus armor is the most disgusting thing I have seen haha.
Hey I even find the regular robes dumb in ACB.
The only highlight for me is the Machine┤s missions....

PD Talking about cartoonish....VITORIA AGLI ASSISSINI, anyone???? Worst moment in the entire series........

MadJC1986
04-06-2013, 08:04 PM

Reasons:
Better combat
Better Protagonist
Better Economic system
Great story
Naval combat
Tree running
Hunting

I agree with all of them. To be honest, while replaying Revelations a few days ago, and I always felt, like something is missing. I guess I kinda got used to AC3 new features.
By return of freedom in two assassinations you mean sequence 6 and 7, right?

Assassin_M
04-06-2013, 08:08 PM
I agree with all of them. To be honest, while replaying Revelations a few days ago, and I always felt, like something is missing. I guess I kinda got used to AC3 new features.
By return of freedom in two assassinations you mean sequence 6 and 7, right?
Yup Johnson and Pitcairn

SaibotMK
04-06-2013, 08:09 PM
I never did finish AC2 personally and I'm thinking about giving it another go, feels like a better game then AC3 so far. The revolutionary war era and the naval missions is what carries the game for me right now.

I think AC3 is a good core to start AC4 with however, that and how well Farcry 3 played out on current gen consoles. I would be fine just playing the rest of the naval missions in AC3 then uninstalling it, and then start AC2.

AjinkyaParuleka
04-06-2013, 08:12 PM
Yup Johnson and Pitcairn
Johnson's mission had 2 ways...?Need to replay it.

Assassin_M
04-06-2013, 08:14 PM
Stealthy or Rambo Yeah....

and about 2 ways to reach him stealthily too either through the trees or from behind his estate

MadJC1986
04-06-2013, 08:15 PM

Well, u could kill him completely stealthy. But you could also rush in and kill everything that moves. Same thing for Pitcairn.

montagemik
04-07-2013, 10:36 AM
I never did finish AC2 personally and I'm thinking about giving it another go, feels like a better game then AC3 so far. The revolutionary war era and the naval missions is what carries the game for me right now.

I think AC3 is a good core to start AC4 with however, that and how well Farcry 3 played out on current gen consoles. I would be fine just playing the rest of the naval missions in AC3 then uninstalling it, and then start AC2.

I Completed AC2 & DLC 100% everything ................. Never played it AGAIN . No DNA mission replays :rolleyes:, really took away any incentive to go through the whole game again .

AC1 , ACB , ACR , AC3 ........All had at least 2-3 full playthroughs

MUCHxz
04-07-2013, 11:51 AM
I agree that that is a negative aspect of Assassin's Creed 2 and in some people's cases that may not match up to their successors.

MasterAssasin84
04-07-2013, 01:18 PM
It is probably my favoruite Assassin's Creed now.
Reasons why:
Combat isn't incredibly easy.
Story has the best flow (not too slow, not too fast. [imo] )
Ezio has a good character/personality.
Setting - Largest and most attractive setting. (In my opinion.)
Music - I personally prefer Jesper Kyd to Lorne Balfe, I feel that it is a shame that Jesper no longer composes for Assassin's Creed.
This is my opinion, I know many will disagree, but I think this is the best personally.
What do you think and what was your favourite and why?

I Love Assassins Creed 2 my all time Favorite in the series :)

MUCHxz
04-07-2013, 01:54 PM
I Love Assassins Creed 2 my all time Favorite in the series :)

Yay, finally another one who likes the second one the best. :)

MasterAssasin84
04-07-2013, 02:22 PM
Yay, finally another one who likes the second one the best. :)

I am playing through AC3 again but i am intending to get back on to AC2 straight after .

MasterAssasin84
04-07-2013, 02:31 PM

I found a really good tactic for Johnson without swimming across the lake and completely by passing the patroling guards located on the at the bottom of the cliff.

Basicaly i went left and carried on going all the way around till i got to a leap of faith fall point, jump off and at the bottom to give you a land mark you will encounter a bear just completely try and avoid him anf carry on running were you will get to a point were you can climb the face of the cliff, climb to the top but be carefull as there is a guard who patrols backwards and forwards, wait until he turns his back then climb over the ledge and to your right there is foliage for you to hide giving you the opportunity to sneek up on him and and finish him, once you have done that further up there is another guard who sitting down on the cliff edge ( dispatch him ) then carry on pushing forward and till you will see a ledge that is adjacent to a tree that will enable you stealtly climb on to the roof of Johnson hall then you can air assassinate him from which you have achived two of the 3 requirements to get 100% sync for that sequence .

Apologies if you already know this just sharing my experience.

kizza545
04-07-2013, 02:32 PM
i have recently played through all of the ACs and I have to admit, AC2 is still my favourite... although the combat is, i think, the weakest in the series, the story was so well paced and intriguing, full of memorable characters and events - the scene in Venice when Ezio discovers that everyone who has helped him over the years are assassins is one of the best in the series imo. Ezio himself is a fantastic character and i just felt that i warmed to him more than i did to connor

the cities in AC2 are, imo, the best in the series and the soundtrack is the best in the series as well

the thing that i think places AC2 above brotherhood, revelations and 3 though is that as Ezio, you are on the fringes of history, hiding in the shadows. In brotherhood and revelations, everyone knows who Ezio is and the idea of rallying the people against the borgias in brotherhood i think goes against the idea of assassins "working in the dark". In AC3, you were right in the middle of the history (i mean come on, Connor riding on Paul Revere's horse? seriously?). This is where i think AC2 excelled and the series needs to go back to

EzioAssassin51
04-07-2013, 02:35 PM

AC1┤s liberty and atmosphere + AC3┤s mechanics, animations and a hardened version of its combat. The stories of those game are GREAT, loved the grey morals...

This so much!! AC1 had the best atmosphere and honestly I did not notice the repetitiveness at all and I'm on PS3 and have replayed it quite a few times, AC2 had the best side missions IMO but the worst combat, not that it was bad, but on comparison to the others. But AC3 is my favourite because of M's reasons exactly. It improved on everything, had awesome mechanics, landscape, atmosphere and everything! For me, the latest AC game tends to become my favourite, because they always improve and are a great experience. Yes, ACR was my favourite AC game for a while. ;)

EDIT: Although I do toss up between ACR and ACB there :p

In order:
1. AC3
2. ACB/R
3. 2
4. 1

But in saying that, it's a hard decision and they're all incredibly close and amazing games

MasterAssasin84
04-07-2013, 02:54 PM
This so much!! AC1 had the best atmosphere and honestly I did not notice the repetitiveness at all and I'm on PS3 and have replayed it quite a few times, AC2 had the best side missions IMO but the worst combat, not that it was bad, but on comparison to the others. But AC3 is my favourite because of M's reasons exactly. It improved on everything, had awesome mechanics, landscape, atmosphere and everything! For me, the latest AC game tends to become my favourite, because they always improve and are a great experience. Yes, ACR was my favourite AC game for a while. ;)

EDIT: Although I do toss up between ACR and ACB there :p

In order:
1. AC3
2. ACB/R
3. 2
4. 1

But in saying that, it's a hard decision and they're all incredibly close and amazing games

This the thing AC3 built on everything so i fail to see how it sucked ! AC4 has got the potential to be the best in the series as AC3 has opened new avenues for the franchise.

MUCHxz
04-07-2013, 03:32 PM
i have recently played through all of the ACs and I have to admit, AC2 is still my favourite... although the combat is, i think, the weakest in the series, the story was so well paced and intriguing, full of memorable characters and events - the scene in Venice when Ezio discovers that everyone who has helped him over the years are assassins is one of the best in the series imo. Ezio himself is a fantastic character and i just felt that i warmed to him more than i did to connor

the cities in AC2 are, imo, the best in the series and the soundtrack is the best in the series as well

the thing that i think places AC2 above brotherhood, revelations and 3 though is that as Ezio, you are on the fringes of history, hiding in the shadows. In brotherhood and revelations, everyone knows who Ezio is and the idea of rallying the people against the borgias in brotherhood i think goes against the idea of assassins "working in the dark". In AC3, you were right in the middle of the history (i mean come on, Connor riding on Paul Revere's horse? seriously?). This is where i think AC2 excelled and the series needs to go back to

I agree with this alot.