PDA

View Full Version : Why I will not be back in the game...

ctelio7
04-03-2013, 01:47 PM
Due to changes made in the following game:
1. Years ago when I played my first season, game was interesting giving many opportunities a player able to demonstrate its superiority. Since introduced Legendary Hero, this disappeared.
2. When introduced purchasing army - game became unbearable. Army for seals - this meaningless game.
Unequal conditions make the game boring and dishonest.
If there a world without seals I would love to be back in the game, and many of my friends! Think for only one such world without seals ...
Thanks in advance!

MartyAmodeo
04-03-2013, 07:27 PM
Hi ctelio7!

Glad to hear from you again. You were an amazing player in S1 and I personally learned a lot from watching you. It's a shame that there are almost no players of your caliber left in the game- mostly due to what you point out here. Your points stand, but a minor correction... you can't directly purchase your army with seals. In PVE, you can instantly recruit troops for some seals, but you still need in-game resources as well. It just hires them faster (and only in PVE, not PVP). Unfortunately, there are other ways to use dollars to buy troops, by buying artifacts from the artifact store with seals and then selling them for in-game gold. And vestige troop rewards also allow people with money to convert it to troops (although people who don't spend money can also progress through vestiges, just more slowly).

There are many players who are not very good at strategy and planning, but who are now a real threat in-game. By the same token, there is really no substitute for experience and skill. Those players can be toppled, even by skilled non-subscribers. The real problem is that several of the remaining experienced players jumped on the bandwagon and started purchasing wins. A marginal player with money is beatable. A good player with money is not.

In any case, I still fondly remember back to our epic S1 world. I hope there are no hard feelings for some of the "methods" we employed back then. :-)

Best regards

jordface
04-03-2013, 09:04 PM
Give me 100,000 seals and I could have all the army I want. Vestige diving allows one to directly purchase an army with seals in my eyes.

Ctelio, every reasonable player left in the game knows how you feel -- it's such a shame.

Thorsson64
04-03-2013, 09:11 PM
Everything that has come to pass has been predicted. Clearly Ubi make much less money than back in S1 because their game budget is constantly being cut. Somehow no-one has the brains to put two and two together here and understand that it is their pay2win model that has lost players and hence the possibility of increasing income, rather than this constant shrinkage.

Wulfgar1978
04-04-2013, 04:01 AM
Hi ctelio7!

In PVE, you can instantly recruit troops for some seals, but you still need in-game resources as well. It just hires them faster (and only in PVE, not PVP).

This is actually not true Marty, or at least it wasn't in the beta. You can use seals to recruit units in PVE and it doesn't cost you any resources. Suqerkent tested it and stated it on the forums and then I tested it myself and sure enough I was able to recruit a unit with no resource cost. I can't test it now as I deregistered from the PVE in disgust and my days playing any server of this game are numbered.

Everything that has come to pass has been predicted. Clearly Ubi make much less money than back in S1 because their game budget is constantly being cut. Somehow no-one has the brains to put two and two together here and understand that it is their pay2win model that has lost players and hence the possibility of increasing income, rather than this constant shrinkage.

Also not sure if this is the case. I'm not privy to ubi's bottom line but I'd take a bet that they are making more money from the game now than they did in S1. I have heard of players maxing out there credit cards buying stuff on servers. There may be less players playing the game, but those that are still playing are spending a bunch more than any S1 player did. Yes they ruined the game as a result and this once great game nears it's end, but I have no doubt they'll make plenty of money out of it before it dies totally. Then they'll simply move onto their next project. As a gamer seeking fair challenging games I am appalled by what they have done. Looking at it from a business perspective though, I can see that ubi has likely increased profits, decreased expenses and kept a reasonable amount of players happy. Less servers and less players equals less expenses, they simply have a smaller number of players willing to pay a much greater amount.

Paul_Rotterdam
04-04-2013, 02:02 PM
In PvE (UK server) its still to reach into a rank 10 on average if you only play without bought seals.
For now i used 280 earned free seals to buy 4 artefacts and am at that rank.

on PvP i do not know because i do not play PvP for now, so i cannot say what rank you can reach into without buying seals.

zedon73
04-13-2013, 11:03 AM
I have been gone since season 3 or 4 and I won't be trying it again. Pay to win is no fun even if money is not an issue for you. I remember season 1 with Ctielo, at least I think that was with you, we banded together and defeated those traitors, lol. Just barely.

Thorsson64
04-13-2013, 11:29 AM
Well according to the news they'll be abandoning this game anyway, to concentrate on the smartphone games that trick kiddies into paying for "extras".

Steel-Boot
04-15-2013, 08:49 PM
or the OFT will close this one done for the same naughty tactics.....on a serious note on PvP there is a player (I wont name him) who has bought just about everything....the only way to beat him is likely to buy a legendary...if that is the case this is defo my last server as it isn't about skill anymore at all its about how deep is your wallet.

When you bear in mind I could have bought several decent game that have multi player server and still have change from the subs I have paid over the last few years. I may as well go buy a few and save money. I do like some of the game mechanics but it has gone too far.

ctelio7
04-24-2013, 09:18 AM
Hello everyone,
I see that we have the same opinion about this game. Rarely go long in the game and in the forum. Now I do not go at all. I hope that you - really good players to meet again in another game or this game but after some time. I miss the thrill I felt before every major battle. Heroeskingdoms is dead game for me, as it turned and Imperiaonline years ago.

GWARMONGER
06-08-2013, 02:59 PM
Hey guys....just checking in. I recognize a few names on here from before when I quit playing. I started playing around S2 and really used to enjoy this came. It is sad that games have become a way to "trick kiddies" into paying for extras.

With advances in video games you would think there would be a game out there where people could pay a reasonable fee and go to battle with one another competitively. Well, real life is where I'll be anyway. I'll check back in in a few months.