PDA

View Full Version : Heya Watch_Dogs! Your ComDev here...

Nik_CtOS
04-02-2013, 06:36 PM
So this is more than overdue... Let me properly introduce myself:

I'm Nik, I'm the ComDev for Watch_Dogs!

I know I'm a bit late to the party, and I won't make any excuses, but please believe me when I say I wanted to come come say "hi" a lot earlier.

So who am I exactly? I'm the Community Developer on Watch_Dogs. What does this mean? I'm the guy "responsible" for most of the communications on all of our official social channels... I'm talking Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Forums and whatnot. I loosely throw "responsible" in there because I can't (and won't) take credit for all that happens on there... a lot of people are doing an awesome job at providing some great content and insight on the game... I'm merely one of the messengers.

I won't go into too much details right now, simply know that I'm here now and that I'll try to be as present as possible. Now I'm trying to ready myself for the barrage of questions that I can already feel coming my way... Maybe hold on to them for a moment... we'll try and get a Q&A thread set up. You're probably all aware I won't be able to answer all of them, or even most of them for that matter... at least not now, but I'll do my best.

One last thing... when in the title up there I say "Your ComDev", I really do mean YOUR ComDev... I'm here for you guys. Heck, if it wasn't for you, I probably wouldn't be sitting at this desk. So feel free to reach out to me to chat or even to simply say "hi"... my door's always open and I'm really looking forward to meeting you.

Cheers!

UbiNik

Mr_Shade
04-02-2013, 06:54 PM
Welcome to the forums at last!

I know you have been keen to start posting, so I kept your seat warm for you ;)

Welcome to the made, crazy world of the forums!

Nik_CtOS
04-02-2013, 07:01 PM
Thanks Shade!

Happy to be here... I guess I should spruce up that profile now eh? Looks bland... no one likes that.

dex3108
04-02-2013, 07:26 PM
Hi Nik :D

Welcome to the party, cake is gone but booze is still here :D

Mr_Shade
04-02-2013, 07:28 PM
Thanks Shade!

Happy to be here... I guess I should spruce up that profile now eh? Looks bland... no one likes that.
Hahaha yeah, you look a little new - for such an old hand at this ;)

iceygricey87
04-02-2013, 08:48 PM
Welcome to the Watch Dogs forums! Thanks for everything which you have done so far and will continue to do! Hopefully it will relieve some of the burdens, which Mr_Shade has been put under. ;)

pacmanate
04-03-2013, 10:21 AM
Welcome to the forums at last!

I know you have been keen to start posting, so I kept your seat warm for you ;)

Welcome to the made, crazy world of the forums!

Ha, Fancy seeing you here!

Also, hello Nik! Can't wait for Watch_Dogs :D

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
04-03-2013, 01:57 PM
Welcome Nik at last :)

Orochikaku
04-04-2013, 03:22 PM
Would you do a Reddit AMA?

Nik_CtOS
04-04-2013, 09:25 PM
Would you do a Reddit AMA?

I would but not in the near future... I don't think there's enough that we could say about the game right now to make it interesting... and also, why me? It'd be much more interesting for you guys to have some guys from the Dev Team on it.

In my honest opinion...

VaasCARV3R
04-05-2013, 01:19 PM
Welcome too (I think you know why I'm saying too - Watch Dogs Forum - VaasCARV3R :D) Nik!

I agree about the Reddit AMA.

TheJewlius
04-05-2013, 02:20 PM
Itīs great to have a ComDev here to listen to our questions about the game.

About questions, I ran into this site a couple of hours ago and have to confirm if itīs legit or not. They demand Surveys, just like many Scam-websites and it made me question it. As a ComDev you should know if there is any Beta-keys being released or not. Looking forward to your answer.

Nik_CtOS
04-05-2013, 02:53 PM
As a ComDev you should know if there is any Beta-keys being released or not.

Anyone telling you you'll get a Watch_Dogs beta key is trying to scam you.

Hurricane43
04-05-2013, 03:18 PM
Hey buddy, Welcome.

At some point I will ask Mr Morin if he would like to do a Q and A when we implement a chat, or can do a live roundtable with selected questions from ask the devs thread over on the forums, and he can answer selected Questions. Cant hurt to ask and if not I'll drive to Montreal and knock on the door and tell em Hurricane is here lol :) And Nik can join with Mr. Morin.

Have a great friday everyone.

TheJewlius
04-05-2013, 03:22 PM
Anyone telling you you'll get a Watch_Dogs beta key is trying to scam you.

I thought so. Still I wanted to believe:( The game looks so d*mn amazing that any chance of playing it early is worth a shot.

Mr_Shade
04-05-2013, 06:05 PM
I thought so. Still I wanted to believe:( The game looks so d*mn amazing that any chance of playing it early is worth a shot.
Please be aware - you may well see a few 'beta key generators' - or even the full game 'Key generators' - advertised on you tube etc.

They may even show a video of it installing etc..

All of those generators do one thing - mislead you into downloading them - some even install software to compromise your security - and most install pop up / advertising software, which can be a pain to remove.

Windows may not always block these - since you agree to install them - so if you have visited any sites and downloaded such a thing - you should do a full security / anti virus scan.

This is a common ploy to apparently give the full game / beta out - while really it's a installing nothing more than a pain in the butt.

All games suffer from these, so it's something you should be made aware of.

dex3108
04-14-2013, 03:34 PM
I think that Nik is a bit bored :D He can't share anything with us probably until E3

Hurricane43
04-14-2013, 11:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jNWc4dL8sEc
http://watchdogsforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=24

Nik_CtOS
04-15-2013, 03:55 PM
Hahaha!! Thanks for sharing (and making) that Hurricane!!

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
04-15-2013, 06:20 PM
Haha awesome welcome :)

ecma4
04-15-2013, 08:25 PM
Hi Nik! :)

Hurricane43
04-15-2013, 10:23 PM
http://i48.tinypic.com/25fhjjb.gif

Creative Director, Jonathan Morin. An Awesome guy.

http://i.imgflip.com/145fn.gif

Nik_CtOS
04-18-2013, 03:01 PM
Notice how HHG's dance is the EXACT same in both gifs?
Loving it!

Marki2t5
04-18-2013, 07:03 PM
Hey let me ask you, is the game worth it, i mean it looks so awesome. Tell me, do you have any connections with splinter cell blacklist people? How csn I avoid paying 170.00 on the splinter cell blacklist speciall edition box, get the 5 suits without paying all the money?!!

candirayne
04-27-2013, 11:36 PM
will there be or is there a beta for this game?

marcoolio_lv
05-01-2013, 02:15 PM
One question - who's making PC version?

Dieinthedark
05-02-2013, 07:31 PM
Welcome NIk! Glad to have you around, I'll be stopping by on this end of the forums in near future.

carl70
07-03-2013, 10:26 AM
welcome to the forums ;-)

BlastThyName
07-03-2013, 02:47 PM
One question - who's making PC version?

Ubisoft Montreal, like in the case of Far Cry 3.

It should be stellar on PC.

AssassinGame1
08-05-2013, 11:58 PM
Finally got a dev in the forums:)
Welcome Nik

zeuocool
04-29-2014, 12:14 AM
One question you will be able to play with your friends who have a playstation 3 when you have a playstation 4 ????

MoonerSK
04-29-2014, 01:24 PM
One question you will be able to play with your friends who have a playstation 3 when you have a playstation 4 ????

no, ps3 players won't be able to play with ps4 players as well as x360 players won't be able to play with xone players.

Sh4doW-W4lk3r
05-01-2014, 12:48 PM
Better late than never,a dude Welcome!!!:D

bigwavedave68
05-01-2014, 08:23 PM
Hi, Nik! I'm new here as well :D
Is it a nice desk you're sitting at? :)