PDA

View Full Version : The corsair and the privateer from ACR as loyalty unlocks for AC4?

ZeSpecter
03-31-2013, 05:18 PM
The privateer and the corsair from ACR would fit the setting for AC4 perfectly, wouldn't they? I think it would be a great idea to add them as playable characters as loyalty unlocks for having for example ACR and AC3. It would also make a lot of older AC-players very happy, since I know that they were a lot of player's favourite characters in ACR. It would be a perfect opportunity for Ubisoft to show their appreciation for the older players's support throughout the years. It isn't unrealistic either because the MP takes place in the animus where anything could happen (having the animus core in mind). Also they would have to make them characters and not just outfits. Your thoughts?

MRsmith1994
03-31-2013, 05:30 PM
im guessing that we'll get em as costumes OR characters just like the ottoman jester and doctor

toniee99
03-31-2013, 09:13 PM
probably wouldnt get both, 1 character from acr, 1 from ac3

i would say huntsman, redcoat, or commander from ac3, or even the lady maverick in her champion pack costume!

I said this in another thread but I wouldnt mind seeing old characters who didnt fit just throw on some pirate clothes, example: thief from acb with a pirate's hat

Dosenwabe
04-01-2013, 12:34 AM
I want the robber with his hook. :>

alexbentley
04-01-2013, 01:59 AM
I'd really like to see them return. And would it be too much to ask to have their customisations back as well? C:
If they just use one then I'd prefer the Corsair. Although the Privateer's drunken antics are hilarious, the Corsair is a complete badass (and we'll more than likely need more female characters).

DarknessRasm
04-01-2013, 02:12 AM
I would rather have them as fully customizable characters than have some character use their default set as a costume.

So Ubisoft be a kind company and give the Corsair and the Privateer back to us in AC4. :p

Swivel_Gun
04-01-2013, 05:11 AM
That's only from ACR, though...maybe an AC3 unlock could be the Silent Shadow or something.

ZeSpecter
04-01-2013, 12:28 PM
probably wouldnt get both, 1 character from acr, 1 from ac3

i would say huntsman, redcoat, or commander from ac3, or even the lady maverick in her champion pack costume!

I said this in another thread but I wouldnt mind seeing old characters who didnt fit just throw on some pirate clothes, example: thief from acb with a pirate's hat

I think they should add both even though they're both from ACR. The robber, the redcoat and the commander are the only ones I can think of right now that would fit a pirate-setting from AC3. I would rather see some characters from AC3 in the game after AC4. I think it will be more satisfying for some AC3 characters to make their return later and not so soon. If the fans really want, I guess they should add 1 character from AC3 too, but the Corsair and the Privateer fit better into a pirate-setting than any of the AC3 characters in my opinion.

Maybe something like:
If you have ACB, ACR and AC3 you get the Privateer
If you have ACR and AC3 you get the Corsair
If you have AC3, you get _____ (robber, redcoat, hunstman, commander or silent shadow?)

TheShadowMau
04-01-2013, 01:13 PM
The Corsair needs to make a return! DAT HEADBUTT KILL ANIMATION

Demon.King.
04-01-2013, 03:01 PM
I agree they both should return. The Privateer was my favorite character in ACR.

Maybe something like:
If you have ACB, ACR and AC3 you get the Privateer
If you have ACR and AC3 you get the Corsair
If you have AC3, you get _____ (robber, redcoat, hunstman, commander or silent shadow?)

You mean they stack up right? wouldn't make sense otherwise... But still...Privateer as a reward for playing ACB doesn't make sense...

lBamitsMichael
04-01-2013, 05:23 PM
2 loyalty rewards?

http://images.sodahead.com/profiles/0/0/3/4/6/5/8/2/1/Lol-94249156205.jpeg

luckyto
04-01-2013, 06:08 PM
The privateer and the corsair from ACR would fit the setting for AC4 perfectly, wouldn't they? I think it would be a great idea to add them as playable characters as loyalty unlocks for having for example ACR and AC3. It would also make a lot of older AC-players very happy, since I know that they were a lot of player's favourite characters in ACR. It would be a perfect opportunity for Ubisoft to show their appreciation for the older players's support throughout the years. It isn't unrealistic either because the MP takes place in the animus where anything could happen (having the animus core in mind). Also they would have to make them characters and not just outfits. Your thoughts?

Yes!

alexbentley
04-01-2013, 07:35 PM
They can make one as a loyalty reward for playing ACR and the other as a uplay reward. The loyalty rewards for ACB and ACIII could be relics or something.

Demon.King.
04-01-2013, 07:36 PM
They can make one as a loyalty reward for playing ACR and the other as a uplay reward. The loyalty rewards for ACB and ACIII could be relics or something.

We have a winner :p

ZeSpecter
04-01-2013, 07:54 PM
I agree they both should return. The Privateer was my favorite character in ACR.

You mean they stack up right? wouldn't make sense otherwise... But still...Privateer as a reward for playing ACB doesn't make sense...
Not sure what you mean by stack up, but it was just a suggestion to get some AC3 characters as loyalty unlocks too in case someone wanted that. Everything doesn't necessarily have to make sense as long as the fans are happy, right? :p

I think Alexbentley's suggestion sounds good too. As long as we can get the corsair and the privateer back, I would love Ubisoft forever :3 xD