PDA

View Full Version : Something that really frustrates me

Funbun777
03-30-2013, 11:19 PM
Assassins creed is no longer about assassinating people we only got 1 real assassination in 3 and that was the William Johnson

John pitcaine almost qualified but it didn't allow to you escape and just went to a cutscenes

when I buy a game called assassins creed I want to actually be able to assassinate people in the way I see fit

There should be 3 guidelines for any assassination

1.needs to be planned Before hand not any of that I just ran into him and he tried to kill me first but I defeated him in combat crap that's not a assassination that's a fight, also they can't just be ransoms with targets over their heads, like those god awful contracts in ac3

2.needs to be nonlinear no Ingame QuickTime events that are plaguing the industry. I'm playing a game not watching a movie

3. Some kind of escape/ fight afterwords only William Johnson allowed you to do this and that wasn't even in a city long gone are the days of being chased by guards after an assassination as you run from rooftop to rooftop (not even an option in this game )

Also none of the Desmond /Haytham qualifies it needs to be by an assassin and that assassin must be on the front cover/ trailers as it was advertised

Funbun777
03-30-2013, 11:20 PM
Excuse my spelling I'm typing this on a phone and I have large fingers

Assassin_M
03-30-2013, 11:21 PM
Also none of the Desmond /Haytham qualifies it needs to be by an assassin and that assassin must be on the front cover/ trailers as it was advertised
Ahh Actually, No, those count as well..that`s like saying
"this game is very short it only had 9 sequences"
"But there`s Haytham ?"
"No, he does not count"
"Why ?"
"I dunno, I don't want to count him"

other than that, agreed...

OSantaClownO
03-30-2013, 11:31 PM
SPOILERS:
1. There are 4 main assassinations - Willaim, Pitcairn and Hickey, also Bulldog assasination as Haytham.
I may add that there was also Haytham and Charles Lee - but I see why you don't see their death as acutal assassination. But I agree the assassinations in this one were more disapointing than the other games.

2. Saying that you won't count Haytham and Desmond sequences is like watching a movie, but not counting the time feautring a spesific character. They're part of it, if you want it or not - therefore the game is long enough.

Megas_Doux
03-30-2013, 11:34 PM
To the op:

I agree! Despite ACIII being my favorite in the franchise, the whole mission design in this game is too linear. With AC IV, the devps have said that the old AC1īs liberty will return. It that, plus a good story occurs, Iīll be satisfied....

Mostly since, more or less, all the ACīs have delivered in terms of atmosphere.

TheHumanTowel
03-30-2013, 11:53 PM
I agree Connor didn't really plan any of his assassinations. There was no preparation he just turned up where they were and killed them. The only exception would be Fort George where Connor plans on how to infiltrate and even that spectacularly back-fires on him when he's nearly killed by the shells.

Connor's approach in the Charles Lee and Hickey assassinations is ludicrous. With Hickey he just barges through the door with no plan and that headstrong attitude ended up nearly letting the Templars succeed. With Lee he just walks up to him in the funeral and lets himself be captured. What was he expecting?! That Lee would just let him kill him? He's just lucky the plot demanded Lee act like a stupid Bond villain and not kill him for no reason. Then he just blunders his way after him with no thought for discretion or stealth. This all just makes Connor seem stupid and arrogant, the Hickey one in particular.

The only real assassinations in the game are Johnson and Pitcairn. The rest are all really linear. The entirety of Sequence 8 is on rails.

Kaschra
03-30-2013, 11:58 PM
Haytham and Desmond still belong to the game, so they count too, of course :/
Other than that, I have to agree.

Let's see:
Miko, Benjamin Church, Warren Vidic - For those, you just need to press a button, and that's it.

Thomas Hickey, Daniel Cross, Edward Bradock - They're running away from you and you have to kill them. I think Hickey fought back if you didn't manage to kill him immediatly, but I'm not sure about that. Still, there is no real choice in the way you want to assassinate them.

John Pitcairn - There is more than one way to kill him, but the escape after that is skipped

William Johnson - That assasination was alright, you had more than one way to kill him

Haytham Kenway - Quicktime Event after Quicktime Event :/

Charles Lee - Cutscene

I can't remember how you killed Nicholas Biddle.

Wow, that's pretty poor. In most assassinations, you had no liberties at all :/
I really hope they change that in AC4.

Assassin_M
03-31-2013, 12:00 AM
I can't remember how you killed Thomas Biddle.
Nicholas*:p

Combat

doogsy91
03-31-2013, 12:08 AM
Agreed.

OSantaClownO
03-31-2013, 12:14 AM
Haytham and Desmond still belong to the game, so they count too, of course :/
Other than that, I have to agree.

Let's see:
Miko, Benjamin Church, Warren Vidic - For those, you just need to press a button, and that's it.

Thomas Hickey, Daniel Cross, Edward Bradock - They're running away from you and you have to kill them. I think Hickey fought back if you didn't manage to kill him immediatly, but I'm not sure about that. Still, there is no real choice in the way you want to assassinate them.

John Pitcairn - There is more than one way to kill him, but the escape after that is skipped

William Johnson - That assasination was alright, you had more than one way to kill him

Haytham Kenway - Quicktime Event after Quicktime Event :/

Charles Lee - Cutscene

I can't remember how you killed Thomas Biddle.

Wow, that's pretty poor. In most assassinations, you had no liberties at all :/
I really hope they change that in AC4.

Combat

Nicholas Biddle had a "sequence" for his own. (All the Naval Missions with the Templar mark was dedicated to hunting him).
His "assassination" was more about Naval - I will count it as assassination.

Kaschra
03-31-2013, 12:15 AM

Combat

I even forgot his name :nonchalance:
Combat - Well, at least something. Louis Mills died the same way, too.

F4H bandicoot
03-31-2013, 12:22 AM
Quite disappointing when it's put like that really :(

I'd much rather just have a completely free choice about how the assassinations occur. Similar to AC1 in the way that you could collect intel and plan ahead, be a stealthy assassin, alongside the option to just charge in and try a wreak havoc. Somewhat like Deus Ex:HR where you can spend a good while stealthy watching patrols, navigating through vents, and getting a different experience than if you just turn up with a gun and blast your way though every enemy. Something like that could work I think.

ACfan443
03-31-2013, 12:27 AM
I agree with everything apart from the last bit. Yes Haytham's sequences could have been shorter, but Desmond's been here from the start and IMO should have been featured more.

AherasSTRG
03-31-2013, 01:02 AM
I have posted that many times in other threads and I totally agree. Despite them creating such unique mechanics (blend between two guys, escape through windows), we did not see them at all in the assassinations, which were in fact only 2 in the whole game. AC3 was my favourite, but I was really disappointed by that fact. From the next game, I want stealth and good optimization for the PC version.

nunosilva13
03-31-2013, 03:19 AM
I have posted that many times in other threads and I totally agree. Despite them creating such unique mechanics (blend between two guys, escape through windows), we did not see them at all in the assassinations, which were in fact only 2 in the whole game. AC3 was my favourite, but I was really disappointed by that fact. From the next game, I want stealth and good optimization for the PC version.

fingers crossed Pc will have benefits from Ps4 and Durango being made with pc architeture (x86).