PDA

View Full Version : Thursday COMBO CLASH - 28/03/2013 - Wild Spirit Ravage

Aza404
03-28-2013, 01:54 PM
Dear Champions,

This week’s Combo Clash is a bit special as it uses passive events as it’s main cards. It was submitted by Hantzz and can be used by all decks that specialize in crippling or buffing passive events (such as Week of the Wild Spirits for example).

In this example, the combo is called Wild Spirits Ravage and uses 4 Week of the Wild Spirits and 1 or more Monastery of Helexia in order to change the events round to what suits you best!

How does it work?
If you have 4 passive event cards in your deck and need to bring them to the battlefield, just play your Monastery of Helexia for a chance of pulling out the missing cards.

Watch the video to see how Hantzz uses it in a magic creature Stronghold deck!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=05XFxMslpp0&feature=youtu.be

Enjoy,
Aza

Hantziie
03-28-2013, 02:02 PM
It's a Sanctuary deck not a Stronghold :P Ty :D

I use this mainly to buff my monsters with 1 resource and make direct hit or to kill a great number of enemy units. You need luck of course, but for 1 resource it worth the bet. I won some duels with this. I hope you like it :)

Tip: Make sure you have a plan B, before doing this.

zenithale
03-28-2013, 02:40 PM
That's fun, I have already used the Monastery of Helexia in a Sandalphon Rush Deck with the Week of Mercenaries, that's really good.

Shambell
03-28-2013, 02:56 PM
Well, it's also usefull when you know that most of your event have passed and that you need this one card...

Hantziie
03-28-2013, 02:59 PM
That's fun, I have already used the Monastery of Helexia in a Sandalphon Rush Deck with the Week of Mercenaries, that's really good.

WoM + this could be a good idea since my deck is mainly monsters

Shambell
03-28-2013, 04:46 PM
Well, your combo is working not only with passive event but also with active event like Week of Mercenaries, Week of the Dead, Month of the Dancing Flames... And can also negate events like Week of Austerity or Path of the Ancestors.

Hantziie
03-28-2013, 05:07 PM
Well, your combo is working not only with passive event but also with active event like Week of Mercenaries, Week of the Dead, Month of the Dancing Flames... And can also negate events like Week of Austerity or Path of the Ancestors.

True :)
but the possibility to buff your monsters with 1 or even 2 attack points for just 1 resource is a good deal :P Of course it won't work everytime, but you just spent 1 resource you can use the rest for another plan. This is the idea of this combo. :P

IBasharAnge
03-29-2013, 12:24 PM
I wouldn't call that a "combo". For me, a combo is a combination (obv) of 2 or more cards which create a greater effect than the sum of the effects of the cards. Also, it has to have some kind of mutual interaction.
For instance, putting Inner Fire on a creature is not a combo since it basically does nothing special. It could be any spell or any creature, it would be the same.

An example of a combo (IMHO) with Monastery of Helexia :
Monastery + Celebration in a Prison deck. Not only can you control the events, removing Week of Taxes and trying to force a Week of Austerity on your opponent (normal effect), but you can also chain Monastery + Celebration (greater effect = "combo").

I've recorded a video where :
I use Celebration, drawing Monastery
I play Monastery, giving me another Celebration
I use Celebration
I play a Monastery I already had in hand
This gives me ANOTHER Celebration

So my opponent has drawn 3 cards while I've only gained 1. Guess what, it was Fortified Outpost, giving me back 2 of the 8 resources I just spent. And an Observatory. (-2 Monastery +1 Fortified Outpost +1 Observatory +1 Monastey = +1 card)
Increasing the size of your opponent's hand while keeping yours small is critical when your win condition is Tower of Oblivion.

As soon as the video is uploaded I'll post it there. Not saying submitting your combo was bad (it got chosen which means people liked it), I'm just saying you could have searched further.

Hantziie
03-29-2013, 12:57 PM
The ideia here is to show other players a way to use some card that usually aren't popular or don't look useful, like Monastery of Helexia and make a cheap way to buff your monsters with WoWS.

But well it's your opinion :P

IBasharAnge
03-29-2013, 01:39 PM
Yeah, I think you're right, it's the actual point of this whole subforum. Now that NA has come into the frey, showing the use of less popular cards is getting more and more important. I also think that showing the basic combos (Retaliation + Truce of Elrath, Sacrificial Altar + Vulture, Broken Bridge + Comsic, Comsic + Vulture ...) will be promoted more and more.

"Combo Clash" is just not what I expected it to be. I took that like a challenge of wits. Which it is not. My bad.

Hantziie
03-29-2013, 01:57 PM
Yeah, it's not about showoff you know? i've always saw this as a tips and tricks subforum :) i know it's not a great "combo" but it surely will help new players or even not so new players to realize that there is other ways to play besides "meta combos". :P

ulpsz
03-29-2013, 02:10 PM
not quite a combo..(challenge of wit's like)
but good idea....monastery is a card I have given litttle attention to...good to see it can be actually very usefull

IBasharAnge
03-29-2013, 03:22 PM
Yeah, it's not about showoff you know?

**** ! Better start my own showoff thread then.

Hantziie
03-29-2013, 04:58 PM
**** ! Better start my own showoff thread then.

xD Hey MMDoC! Make a showoff contest! xD

kayaza2004
03-31-2013, 02:18 AM
It is not a combo but just one way to use a card.

However, i just wonder how many monastery card you will put in your deck and your deck can enter t3 ?

I know lots of good combo is not post such as combustion with void of wraith,

Anyway, happy to see you got the dragon seal ha.

Ipwnfour
03-31-2013, 12:18 PM
I actually kinda like this combo. Not that I'm going to use it (often), but it surely shows a creative way of combining 2 cards (even though its their purpose).

Hantziie
03-31-2013, 02:26 PM
It is not a combo but just one way to use a card.

However, i just wonder how many monastery card you will put in your deck and your deck can enter t3 ?

I know lots of good combo is not post such as combustion with void of wraith,

Anyway, happy to see you got the dragon seal ha.

I'm using 2 Monastery. 4 and 3 is too much.

What do you mean with Dragon Seal?

r3tsa
03-31-2013, 03:14 PM
Alter all passive events into cards with activation cost and Helexian Monastery can then cost 0. Sweet dreams. ^^

Hantziie
03-31-2013, 05:31 PM
Alter all passive events into cards with activation cost and Helexian Monastery can then cost 0. Sweet dreams. ^^

How you do that? i don't get it :S

WalkingHawking
03-31-2013, 07:27 PM
How you do that? i don't get it :S

Being a developer.

Hantziie
04-01-2013, 01:00 AM
Being a developer.

**** xD