PDA

View Full Version : What do you NOT like about Assassins Creed?

NINERFAN76
03-26-2013, 01:43 PM
I dislike the Desmond parts of the game. In Creed Revelations the Desmond years I could have skipped all together. Other than that AWESOME games!!!!!

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 01:47 PM
what you do not like about the AC games with a thumps up next to it.....nnnot the best improviser out there....just admit, you only wanted to vent at how much you hated the First person missions...

What I hate most about AC is the fanbase

ProletariatPleb
03-26-2013, 01:50 PM
What I hate most about AC is the fanbase
The NEW fanbase and the ones that eat up marketing lies and actually believe them.

MasterAssasin84
03-26-2013, 01:52 PM
The NEW fanbase and the ones that eat up marketing lies and actually believe them.

Agreed with this !! the new fans that come onto the community and vent their anger at very bad facts and menial assumptions

Aphex_Tim
03-26-2013, 01:56 PM
I don't like the mission design in AC3 but that's about it.

montagemik
03-26-2013, 01:58 PM
Almost every assassin ability & feature they've added so far is taken from the Tenchu series . ( inspired by :rolleyes: )
Tenchu even had Pirates & swimming/fighting with Sharks,.....Tree climbing & navigation ...... all the TOKW abilities

So as the Tenchu series seems to be Ubisoft's GO-TO inspiration cupboard for the main abilities throughout the series - I Really Dislike how theyStill refuse to use the oriental setting :confused:

silvermercy
03-26-2013, 02:04 PM
Agreed with this !! the new fans that come onto the community and vent their anger at very bad facts and menial assumptions
I don't think it's new fans...? I think the biggest complaints come from the old fanbase? Example: "AC2 was the best game evar. Where is Ezio?" A pirate AC game sucks.

Anyway, I don't like these things:
- not much variety in the collection of treasures; in other games you see the things you collect, not just boxes (Fallout and Tomb Raider for example). You could also collect hidden letters or books and learn about what happened in the place you're visiting (see Bioshock and Dead Space).
- environment doesn't seem vivid enough (AC4 seems to correct that though so I'm happy).

UrDeviant1
03-26-2013, 02:08 PM
There are a few things. But I'm sitting on the fence. I feel like I'v already expressed what I dislike about AC over the past, and I'll continue to do so until I stop caring about the franchise. No need to dedicate a thread to bashing it though.

shobhit7777777
03-26-2013, 02:09 PM
I don't like the fact that the core systems have seen 0 innovation and with each progressive installment the series is losing the "Assassin".

MasterAssasin84
03-26-2013, 02:10 PM
I don't think it's new fans...? I think the biggest complaints come from the old fanbase? Example: "AC2 was the best game evar. Where is Ezio?" A pirate AC game sucks.

Anyway, I don't like these things:
- not much variety in the collection of treasures; in other games you see the things you collect, not just boxes (Fallout and Tomb Raider for example). You could also collect hidden letters or books and learn about what happened in the place you're visiting (see Bioshock and Dead Space).
- environment doesn't seem vivid enough (AC4 seems to correct that though so I'm happy).

I am always for trying new concepts and i have never taken badly a new Protaganist because they are all unique in their own way so for me its nothing to do with the characters and as i have said Edward Kenway has got the potential to be the best Assassin so no i would never compare him Ezio because their agenda's are completely different and their life styles.

Which begs the question was really any need for thread which is based soely on negative aspects of Assassins Creed because i always though there was a feed back section for this. so either the OP is a disgruntled fan or just just very bias.

Megas_Doux
03-26-2013, 02:12 PM
I don't like the mission design in AC3 but that's about it.

This....

SixKeys
03-26-2013, 02:14 PM
-I don't like features that are added just for the sake of adding something, with no real justification in the story (new weapons that look different but are entirely interchangeable, like different swords).

-Recycling old features just for the sake of having them (like assassin recruits or ripping down posters).

-The reworked (aka broken) detection system in AC3.

-Stretching out and complicating the modern day plot for the sake of ending each game with a cliffhanger.

-Over-abundance of cut scenes vs. gameplay.

-Emphasis on Hollywood-style action instead of immersive atmosphere.

Megas_Doux
03-26-2013, 02:18 PM
I give you that in AC3, the devps failed to integrate the historic background of the game with the mission design. A balanced have to be found, some "hollywood" moments are required.

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 02:18 PM
This thread`ll turn ugly

TheFirstEvil28
03-26-2013, 02:20 PM
I don't like the glitches preventing people from getting 100% synchronization, ie. UFO mission bug, Jacob Zenger glitch. I wish one of these 'patches' would solve this problem, or at least say Ubisoft is working on the problem.

SixKeys
03-26-2013, 02:22 PM
I don't like the glitches preventing people from getting 100% synchronization, ie. UFO mission bug, Jacob Zenger glitch. I wish one of these 'patches' would solve this problem, or at least say Ubisoft is working on the problem.

Don't forget AC2, where people who didn't have the three DLC tombs were unable to get 100% synch because Ubi forgot that not everyone was going to buy special editions of the game.

silvermercy
03-26-2013, 02:22 PM
-I don't like features that are added just for the sake of adding something, with no real justification in the story (new weapons that look different but are entirely interchangeable, like different swords).

-Recycling old features just for the sake of having them (like assassin recruits or ripping down posters).

-The reworked (aka broken) detection system in AC3.

-Stretching out and complicating the modern day plot for the sake of ending each game with a cliffhanger.

-Over-abundance of cut scenes vs. gameplay.

-Emphasis on Hollywood-style action instead of immersive atmosphere.
Agreed with all. Except the last since I'm not sure if we mean the same thing but we word it differently. lol If you mean immersive atmosphere like Dishonored or Bioshock for example, I agree. My confusion stems from what we both mean by Hollywood-style action... (I sensed that style in both Dishonored and Bioshock).

Anyway, I don't see the need for this thread either, but maybe we could keep everything contained here? heh... not likely...

edit: the amount of cutscenes doesn't bother me so much as long as they're necessary to the story. Maybe that's where I differ.

SixKeys
03-26-2013, 02:26 PM
Agreed with all. Except the last since I'm not sure if we mean the same thing but we word it differently. lol If you mean immersive atmosphere like Dishonored or Bioshock for example, I agree. My confusion stems from what we both mean by Hollywood-style action... (I sensed that style in both Dishonored and Bioshock).

Anyway, I don't see the need for this thread either, but maybe we could keep everything contained here? heh... not likely...

When I think of immersive atmosphere, I think of AC1. I can wander around in that game for hours without doing any missions just because it all feels so realistic. From ACB onwards there was more emphasis on showing the assassin as a near-superhuman badass who could pull a parachute out of his *** and float away from an explosion or have a punchout with a Templar whilst falling for 15 minutes from a cliff. The most unrealistic thing Alta´r did in AC1 was probably not being able to swim, but even that is plausible at least. :p

ProletariatPleb
03-26-2013, 02:28 PM
When I think of immersive atmosphere, I think of AC1. I can wander around in that game for hours without doing any missions just because it all feels so realistic. From ACB onwards there was more emphasis on showing the assassin as a near-superhuman badass who could pull a parachute out of his *** and float away from an explosion or have a punchout with a Templar whilst falling for 15 minutes from a cliff. The most unrealistic thing Alta´r did in AC1 was probably not being able to swim, but even that is plausible at least. :p
Dude lives in a desert give him a break :P

But other than that, yeah you nailed it.

silvermercy
03-26-2013, 02:34 PM
okay. I see what you mean. In that, I agree I suppose...

pacmanate
03-26-2013, 02:35 PM
I dislike the marketing.

Jack_Pirate
03-26-2013, 02:42 PM

Heeyyyy..I dont do that...well

Megas_Doux
03-26-2013, 02:44 PM
Marketing!
Lack of Background music in AC3.
Too oriented action gameplay!

Do not get me wrong, I think that some "hollywood" moments are requited, such as battle of Arsuf in AC1, but too much of that can ruin mission design, such as an AC3.

emperior
03-26-2013, 02:53 PM
- Multiplayer is the same from 3 games. Needs to be changed in my opinion.
- Too many weapons. It always ends that I use 3 weapons of each category in every game when there are lots.
- Too easy to make money. AC3 seemed to have fixed it with making stealing taking longer but with convoys system it's even easier then older games.
- No armor in AC3, where they could have put them, even for only an aestethical change.
- Bad outifts in AC3. Ezio one was good but bugged and didn't have some particulars (like red inside the hood). Other than standard only Achilles outfit was good.
- No random events. There's nothing more to do after 100 % synch and platinum.
- Poor mission design in AC3.
- No character development from Connor.
- Assassin recruits in AC3 don't look like assassins and you can only have those 6 guys.
- Chasing missions were too easy in my opinion.
- Too much use of Animus interface. When crouching in bushes the animus thing is annoying. Ruins the immersion.
- Outift dyes no longer appears in cutscenes, ruining the immersion.
- Guards are even more stupid then in past ACs.
- Combat is too easy and red triangles above enemies heads make it even easier.
- Creed is completely absent in AC3.
- Connor's training is non-existent.
- The fact that Connor is the only assassin in AC3 was a punch in the stomach to me... I want to feel I'm in a brotherhood.
- Boston lags too much. (I'm on PS3)
- Boston and NY aren't vivid.
- Some features from old ACs have been removed.
- Ezio had a more technologic arsenal then Connor... it feels odd.
- Connor has superhuman shooting ability but enemies take minutes to aim and shoot.
- Missions in present were stupid, guards have less technology than 1700's soldiers... Really?!
- Desmond had Altair, Ezio and Connor abilities mixed in one body but still dies miserably so its training in Animus has been a lost of time.
- Templar vs Assassin war in present has been made apart to favour TWCB story. Could have been made better IMO.

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 03:00 PM
told ya this`ll turn ugly..

- No armor in AC3, where they could have put them, even for only an aestethical change.
There was no armor, because there WAS no armor in the late 1700s

- No character development from Connor.
Not true

- Too much use of Animus interface. When crouching in bushes the animus thing is annoying. Ruins the immersion.
Ezio turned black and white...so what`s your point ?

- Outift dyes no longer appears in cutscenes, ruining the immersion.
Engine restriction

- Guards are even more stupid then in past ACs.
false actually...they`re not any smarter, but they`re not stupider

- Combat is too easy and red triangles above enemies heads make it even easier.
You can remove the triangles from the menu

- The fact that Connor is the only assassin in AC3 was a punch in the stomach to me... I want to feel I'm in a brotherhood.
Play AC Brotherhood. not every AC game is gonna have the same feeling

ProletariatPleb
03-26-2013, 03:02 PM
^You forgot to mention that Connor isn't the only assassin.

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 03:03 PM
^You forgot to mention that Connor isn't the only assassin.
Oh yeah, there`s Achilles...

ProletariatPleb
03-26-2013, 03:04 PM
Oh yeah, there`s Achilles...
And even tho the recruits might not wear the robes, they pretty much fight for our cause.

pacmanate
03-26-2013, 03:04 PM
Omg, just remember because of M. HUD. They need more HUD customisations. I want to take off the SSI over their heads so I don't know when they are attacking, however if you do this, you dont know if they are looking at you with the yellow or red bar etc. Its really annoying!

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 03:05 PM
And even tho the recruits might not wear the robes, they pretty much fight for our cause.
Well, HE does not consider them Assassins, because they "don't wear the uniform"

TheHumanTowel
03-26-2013, 03:05 PM
I'll never call Stephane Chapheau an Assassin.

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 03:06 PM
Omg, just remember because of M. HUD. They need more HUD customisations. I want to take off the SSI over their heads so I don't know when they are attacking, however if you do this, you dont know if they are looking at you with the yellow or red bar etc. Its really annoying!
you have to press circle either way, if someone is about to shoot...well...You can differentiate between someone who`s gonna shoot and someone who`s melee attack right ?

tinrisky
People hating on Connor, some of the people that do, look at him in a very shallow, elementary understanding.

ProletariatPleb
Well, HE does not consider them Assassins, because they "don't wear the uniform"
Well that's his problem, show me Desmond, William, Shaun or Rebecca's robes please.

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 03:07 PM
Well that's his problem, show me Desmond, William, Shaun or Rebecca's robes please.
Antonio, Paula, Mario, Teodora, Bartolomeo ?

Megas_Doux
03-26-2013, 03:07 PM
I'll never call Stephane Chapheau an Assassin.

He is more like a mad grumpy chef.......

I dislike Connor haters :P

ProletariatPleb
03-26-2013, 03:08 PM
Antonio, Paula, Mario, Teodora, Bartolomeo ?
Niccolo, you forgot Niccolo.

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 03:11 PM
Niccolo, you forgot Niccolo.
Oh wow I forgot the guy I actually like from that bunch :|

Sushiglutton
03-26-2013, 03:14 PM
I'm playing Bioshock Infinite atm (absolutely brilliant game, one of the best of all times for sure!!! I have NOT finished yet, so do NOT spoil anything). Without spoiling anything there is this quest to go find an object. Now if you look careful enough you may find a photo that hints the location you need to go. But you need to remember where you have seen the thing on the photo and go there by yourself.

Imagine how this would have played out in AC. First the game would have told you to tap 'Y' for eagle vision. Then the photo would have been highlighted. You walk up to the photo and is prompted to tap a button. You tap the button and a short cutscene plays of Connor looking at the photograph saying something like: "I wonder where I have seen this before". After the cutscene is finished a green marker appears that tells you exactly where you need to go. You go there and is prompted to tap a button to interact. A final cutscene shows Connor retrieveing the object.

In the first scenario you feel a satisfaction over that you were able to figure something out. In AC however you feel nothing at all. If anything the condescending attitude makes you feel a bit dirty. It's because AC treats its players as they were apathetic robots instead of thinking, creative human beings. This attitude is by far my biggest issue with AC. Unfortunately AC3 was a step in the wrong direction!

SixKeys
03-26-2013, 03:15 PM
Why are some people here arguing against others' replies? The title of the thread is "what do YOU not like about AC?", after all. Nobody's saying that just because they dislike an element of the games that therefore it is objectively bad.

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 03:17 PM
Why are some people here arguing against others' replies? The title of the thread is "what do YOU not like about AC?", after all. Nobody's saying that just because they dislike an element of the games that therefore it is objectively bad.
When an opinion is based on mis-perceived or false facts, then it`s eligible for correction..

SixKeys
03-26-2013, 03:22 PM
When an opinion is based on mis-perceived or false facts, then it`s eligible for correction..

Emperior said he didn't like feeling like he wasn't a part of a brotherhood in AC3. This is an opinion, not a statement of fact. You replied to him with "play AC Brotherhood if you don't like this" which was rude. He's entirely entitled to not liking the fact that in AC3 the brotherhood is gone because he wasn't framing it as being a flaw in the game but HIS opinion.

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 03:28 PM
Emperior said he didn't like feeling like he wasn't a part of a brotherhood in AC3. This is an opinion, not a statement of fact. You replied to him with "play AC Brotherhood if you don't like this" which was rude. He's entirely entitled to not liking the fact that in AC3 the brotherhood is gone because he wasn't framing it as being a flaw in the game but HIS opinion.
Then he SHOULD play ACB...what if I actually want to feel change and try a game as a lone Assassin and they listen to him and have in every game your Assassin be a part of a big brotherhood ? ACB has that...play it...why should every game make you feel like you`re in a Brotherhood ? Where`s the false fact ? his perception that every game should make you feel as a part of a brotherhood...

i AM rude

TheHumanTowel
03-26-2013, 03:35 PM
told ya this`ll turn ugly..
Yeah because you're turning it ugly.

pirate1802
03-26-2013, 03:36 PM
Things I don't like about AC:

1. This annualization of AC. I believe every malady the series is suffering fro currently can be traced back to it.
2. Whiny fans who think they know more about AC than the writers themselves. :rolleyes:

*flameshield engaged, FTLs outta the system!*

AssassinHMS
03-26-2013, 03:36 PM
I don't like the almost non existant focus on being an assassin and the mindless action packed franchise assassin's creed became. Where is the stealth? The atmosphere? The awesomeness that it should be to have a hidden blade? Where is the coldness, the nobility and the burden that is part of being an assassin?

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 03:38 PM
Yeah because you're turning it ugly.
Oh yes...please tell me how much you have NOT called me out on any AC II hate rant I go on...please go on....tell me

pirate1802
03-26-2013, 03:39 PM
Can we.. err.. not turn every thread into an argument thread? Please guys? :|

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 03:40 PM
Can we.. err.. not turn every thread into an argument thread? Please guys? :|
I was correcting a guy`s false perceptions, but some people like it super hero....i BET if i had started one of my AC II hate rants, these same people would be all over my ***

TheHumanTowel
03-26-2013, 03:42 PM
Oh yes...please tell me how much you have NOT called me out on any AC II hate rant I go on...please go on....tell me
lol what's that got to do with anything?

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 03:44 PM
lol what's that got to do with anything?
figure it out yourself

rrebe
03-26-2013, 03:49 PM
Things I don't like about AC:

1. This annualization of AC. I believe every malady the series is suffering fro currently can be traced back to it.
2. Whiny fans who think they know more about AC than the writers themselves. :rolleyes:

*flameshield engaged, FTLs outta the system!*

Yea I agree, I was thinking the same

ProletariatPleb
03-26-2013, 03:51 PM

The thing with that.... is the writer saying the truth or what marketing has asking him to changes quite a lot.

Gil_217
The fact that every AC game is incredibly easy. All of them, no exceptions. The inclusion of the full sync requirements changed nothing. I like this concept even though its implementation still needs to be much better, but yeah, if this was supposed to actually increase the difficulty of the games it really failed, at least for me. I mean, is it really that hard to include different sets of difficulty where everyone can choose the type of difficulty they want to play? In this way everyone would be pleased. But no, after 5 games, it's still like it was in 2007, ridiculously easy.

The yearly releases, which are basically responsible for a lot of other problems already mentioned. This is really starting to become problematic, at least for me, because to my surprise, I'm getting tired of this franchise, something I never thought I would say. Nowadays, every single time they announce a new game, a new DLC or whatever it is, I don't feel excited at all, I don't feel pumped like I used to fell for the earlier games. At this point is just whatever. It's just like " hey look, a new AC, whatta a surprise, never saw it coming". The suspense and the intrigue are just not there anymore because there's no breaks between games, just look at the time between AC3's release and the announcement of AC4. Hell, they announced AC4, showed pictures, videos and interviews about it while the SP DLC for AC3 isn't even finished. It's really getting old, the mystique of this series is really flying away.

I truly hope they take their time for the next project, because if they don't, I might just quit. For some time at least.

TheHumanTowel
The annualisation is the thing I dislike the most. It's the root of most of the series problems. It's narrative ones most definitely at least.

pirate1802
03-26-2013, 03:58 PM
The thing with that.... is the writer saying the truth or what marketing has asking him to changes quite a lot.

I'm pointing towards more like: A Native cannot be a good Assassin! A pirate cannot be a good Assassin! It doesn't make any sense! It sucks! Yeah right. Telling the writer who can and cannot be a good Assassin when the writer himself is the reason the concept even exists. :millioneyerolls:

It wasn't aimed at you anyway, Sidwa. :p

ProletariatPleb
03-26-2013, 03:59 PM
I'm pointing towards more like: A Native cannot be a good Assassin! A pirate cannot be a good Assassin! It doesn't make any sense! It sucks! Yeah right. Telling the writer who can and cannot be a good Assassin when the writer himself is the reason the concept even exists. :millioneyerolls:
Ah, yeah that makes sense.

ACfan443
03-26-2013, 05:17 PM
I don't like the fact that the core systems have seen 0 innovation and with each progressive installment the series is losing the "Assassin".

This. Now we have a fully fledged pirate game. Yay.

I hate lack of ambient music in AC3, the Hollywood-esque marketing, mission design, and overuse of cutscenes.
EDIT: and the annual release cycle.

MasterAssasin84
03-26-2013, 05:27 PM
The annualisation is the thing I dislike the most. It's the root of most of the series problems. It's narrative ones most definitely at least.

Yea i agree with this, i much as i get excited about new AC i would rather ubi let AC3 breath a little bit before sidelining it.

Acrimonious_Nin
03-26-2013, 06:38 PM
I hate the fact that that Ubisoft has been making a lot of ''conviction'' style games....you know....turning every stealth game into an action one?? you know....screwing up!....and trying to brush things like..."Hey if you hide behind this building and avoid bullets == stealth!!!" kind of logic...it's like Call of Duty met itself in 3rd person once it entered the vortex that is Ubisoft's mind.....O_O....I also hate the fact that ever since Splinter cell: C they have been using stealth as a means to lure us into the trap of believing that their games will always be about stealth...>_>....once they get enough fans on board....they change the game to action packed hero....stuff....>_> it like they bate us with stealth then real our money with action!!!!!!! ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!! I PLEDGE MY FINANCIAL ALLEGIANCE TO KONAMI !!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT: And Ubigabe should never show himself in front of a camera without his beard !!! The beard makes the man!!! If Black Beard shaved would you still call him Black beard ?? or Black chin ? NO!! you wouldn't !!!! if Ubigabe does that stunt again.....HE WILL BE REFERRED TO AS NAKED_GABE!!! ↑↑↓↓←→←→ B A
[*grows a beard!!]

pacmanate
03-26-2013, 06:49 PM
Full Sync and difficulty levels are all gimmicks to make a game harder.

They don't make it harder, they make it stressful.

Just make a game that is hard for everyone. If people are too crap, let them learn!

Gi1t
03-26-2013, 06:51 PM

You need to be careful with that kind of attitude. -__- Yeah, a lot of people can get drawn into a franchise without understanding it very well as a whole and start to retool it according to their misinterpretation of what it's supposed to be about, but if you want them to understand the problem with that, the first thing you need to do is pretty much the opposite of what most 'old school' fans usually do. You need to have some appreciation, both for them (because hey, not everyone is capable of even being interested in the series in the first place, so it's a start for sure :) ) and for the games they like so far (if not for the way they turned out, than appreciate them for what they aspired to be, and what they can become).

If you just dump all over, say, the new game that's not to your liking, and go on about how all the fans that like it don't understand the series, they're sure as hell not going to say 'oh, you're right, we're dumb, please tell us oh wise pre-existing fan, what is the true nature of this wonderful game'. No, they'll just learn to hate you, and also the older games in the series. But if you can talk about how great the older games were without trashing the new ones, the newer fans will actually become interested in them and will likely see what made them great. And if you're not their enemies, you can actually help them understand what you like about those games.

These days it seems like very few people are able to do that, and practically every fanbase out there is at odds over 'the series before this game and the series after it'. -__-

Full Sync and difficulty levels are all gimmicks to make a game harder.

They don't make it harder, they make it stressful.

Just make a game that is hard for everyone. If people are too crap, let them learn!

Have to agree on that. :D Way too many games rely on gimmicks and cheap restrictions (like oooh, there's no save points for a long time, this game is sooo tough' Give me a break. -__- ) to make a game harder, when it all just ends up being padding to hide the fact that the game really isn't very challenging.

LoyalACFan
03-26-2013, 06:59 PM
Don't like the annualized release cycle, and I'm not too crazy about the First Civilization either to be honest. So far they've basically served as a mill for contrived plot devices to perpetuate the series. I liked it better in the first two installments, where there was still an aura of mystique about them and we didn't fully understand them. In all honesty, I feel like the Vatican Vault was the first and last place we should have physically seen one of TWCB. It was a really big deal to see one of them in AC2; Ezio was the Prophet, selected to pass on the message of TWCB to the future... but then we also made contact in the sync nexus... and the Colosseum vault... and the Grand Temple. We've practically stumbled across them every five minutes since AC2, somewhat defeating the purpose of having the Prophet in the first place.

ProletariatPleb
03-26-2013, 07:08 PM
But why? If there is no indication that we'll ever get what we want why exactly would I try to convince someone who isn't even interested and prefers explosions everywhere? Regardless I never mentioned what I meant by new and you're assuming what I meant.

Gi1t
03-26-2013, 07:29 PM
But why? If there is no indication that we'll ever get what we want why exactly would I try to convince someone who isn't even interested and prefers explosions everywhere? Regardless I never mentioned what I meant by new and you're assuming what I meant.

Not everyone's going to be reasonable, so yeah, I wouldn't blame you for having a problem with those people. There's just no talking to some of them. XD Still, you don't want to let them get in the way of new fans that are reasonable. These big rifts always happen when fnas get lumped together too quickly by other fans.

But it doesn't really matter if you were talking about something totally different. :) What did you mean by 'new' then? 0__o

ProletariatPleb
03-26-2013, 07:36 PM
What did you mean by 'new' then? 0__o
I meant exactly what you inferred, I was just testing how you'd respond hostile or indifferent or friendly :p sorry about that, anyway what I want to say is, those "action" fans that come here for explosions and easy game leading to even more thinning of the core, I've even dedicated the first line of my signature to them lol. And since the chance to convince someone is 1 in a million, I'd rather be aggressive about it.

Gi1t
03-26-2013, 08:06 PM
I don't know. I've met some very casual gamers who actually were willing to listen to reason people were able to connect with them. People often think they're a lot further apart from one another in terms of opinion than they really are, and their initial hostility is based on exactly what you said; that they don't think anyone will listen so why not be aggressive about it? I think there are a lot of casuals who underestimate themselves, and those who are, under the surface at least, mature and reasonable, are just as likely to be able to enjoy more hardcore experiences as the rest of us. :)

projectpat06
03-26-2013, 08:42 PM
Even some of the best games still have things people may dislike so discussing them can be constructive. For me, the biggest thing is the story presentation. Ac2 had the best IMO. Since then, every game has had its strong point and weak points in terms of presenting the story.

The limitations like not being able to remove the armor in previous games were annoying.

In Ac3, besides the lack of random events and emptiness of the frontier, one of my bigger complaints was not having a new game plus to use the dual pistols at the beginning and actually use the assassin recruit's skills for the side missions. By the time u got all the abilities and weapons, there wasn't much left to use them on in the game.

So for Ac4, I think if they add more customization to the outfits, fill the world with limitless side missions, add a new game plus mode, and and stay consistent with the presentation of the story instead of rushing things, the game will be a huge step in the right direction

AvK KiNgKoBrA
03-26-2013, 09:03 PM
The dual weapon aspect of AC3 an Full Sync

Also how did Ezio get his 2nd hidden blade in Brotherhood? Cause ii kno he lost it but it jus popped up again throughout the game

AvK KiNgKoBrA
03-26-2013, 09:05 PM
Even some of the best games still have things people may dislike so discussing them can be constructive. For me, the biggest thing is the story presentation. Ac2 had the best IMO. Since then, every game has had its strong point and weak points in terms of presenting the story.

The limitations like not being able to remove the armor in previous games were annoying.

In Ac3, besides the lack of random events and emptiness of the frontier, one of my bigger complaints was not having a new game plus to use the dual pistols at the beginning and actually use the assassin recruit's skills for the side missions. By the time u got all the abilities and weapons, there wasn't much left to use them on in the game.

So for Ac4, I think if they add more customization to the outfits, fill the world with limitless side missions, add a new game plus mode, and and stay consistent with the presentation of the story instead of rushing things, the game will be a huge step in the right direction
I believe the story in AC1 an 2 were the best cause there were so many parts to it. Brotherhood thru 3 were all so 1-sided

Layytez
03-26-2013, 09:11 PM
Getting intrigued with new plots only to have them forgotten later.

dxsxhxcx
03-26-2013, 09:56 PM
- lack of challenge;
- lack of difficulty settings;
- lack of freedom;
- lack of subtitles (in AC1);
- lack of sword sheath;
- the absence of the VR training feature (after ACB);
- huge maps;
- wide streets;
- hollywoodian sequences;
- full sync;
- don't have the choice to choose which weapons I want to carry;
- how the modern day sequences were handled;
- poor use of characters with great potential (Daniel Cross and S16 for example);
- too much focus on the economic system;

ACfan443
03-26-2013, 09:58 PM
- how the modern day sequences were handled

Completely forgot about this, It's actually my biggest issue with the series. That and AC3's ending.

LoyalACFan
03-26-2013, 11:28 PM
Also how did Ezio get his 2nd hidden blade in Brotherhood? Cause ii kno he lost it but it jus popped up again throughout the game

Leonardo built him another one. Remember when you met him by the bridge and he tells you about the war machines?

MasterAssasin84
03-26-2013, 11:33 PM

He got it his second blade from Leonardo, Leo crafted it for him for a price because he was at service to the borgia.

D.I.D.
03-27-2013, 12:47 AM

Leonardo, again. Remember the bench meetings?

D.I.D.
03-27-2013, 01:06 AM
There are a few things I'm not keen on, but my main issues boil down to two things, really:

Missions that serve story entirely, and gameplay barely at all (which could be cutscenes) while parts which really should be in the gameplay (like assassinations) happen in cutscenes instead

The fact that guards don't fight for their lives, still. A fight should draw in more guards, amd guards should attack you simultaneously like they want you to die. If five guards attack you, you should be guaranteed to get wounded, and if you don't move you ought to die quite quickly. Some guards should run to get help if the fight's not going their way (thus giving you a reason to chase them). All of this should work together to make you consider using rooftop options instead, and if you're really confident of your ability to move around the enemy to narrow their line then you could still potentially take them on, but it shouldn't be possible to just stand still while everyone dies. Imagine your heart beating faster as you creep past a mob, hoping nobody notices you. That's what I want, and endlessly tweaking the combat system is never going to be a solution.

Otherwise, there'll be a Dishonored II and the Thief reboot to contend with. As much as I loved those earlier games, I don't actually want to see them crush AC (or, come to that, for Watch Dogs to outpace AC). There's room for all of these games, even though they're going to have similarities, but there's no point in standing out for being the one that's the easiest. That said, you'll probably get a number one game that way, as long as it explodes a lot. If anyone wants me, I'll be shaking my fist at an uncaring sky.

emperior
03-27-2013, 01:07 AM
@Assassin_M

So your menstrual cycle has come?
Get calm bro.
I wrote that I didn't feel in a brotherhood because I was the only f¨cking assassin to wear hood and to actually care about the creed.
There was no creed mention. No one ever told about the f¨cking creed. Not even Achilles. Still Haytham speaks about indoctrination when Connor doesn't have any.
So in late 1700's there was no armor? And in late 1400's there were hidden pistols? There were flying machines? There were war machines? Were there PoE?
Engine restrictions? So AnvilNext is actually AnvilBack? Because old engine didn't have those "restrictions".
Where did you see Connor's development? He develops only from when he is a child to when he wears the Assassin uniform. Then blackout until he changes haircut.
Ezio took an entire game of training to be an assassin.
I like Connor, don't get me wrong, but he could have been handled better.
And triangles above head shouldn't be in every case. If the game gives me a legit way to win fight easier, why shouldn't I use it?
The game is too easy and it makes it even easier.

Assassin_M
03-27-2013, 05:34 AM
I wrote that I didn't feel in a brotherhood because I was the only f¨cking assassin to wear hood and to actually care about the creed.
The Brotherhood is not about hoods, "bro"

There was no creed mention. No one ever told about the f¨cking creed. Not even Achilles. Still Haytham speaks about indoctrination when Connor doesn't have any.
because there WAS no order. it`s a narrative set piece. there was no mention of the creed, because we heard it before numerous times, here, the order is obliterated

So in late 1700's there was no armor? And in late 1400's there were hidden pistols? There were flying machines? There were war machines? Were there PoE?
Yeah and we should`v had cars during the crusades too, right ? Historical accuracy has no intervention with the fictional elements of the games. the war machines were present historically. only in design, so it`s very probable they could`v been built.

Engine restrictions? So AnvilNext is actually AnvilBack? Because old engine didn't have those "restrictions".
Obviously you`re so dense, you`re trying to be a funny smartass and failed miserably, but I`ll explain. AC III is a much bigger game than any other AC. the world is bigger and every thing takes a lot more space. upgraded graphics, better animations and more set pieces. these things come at a price. more space is taken and things are sacrificed, because the engine cannot be handled on old hardware, so they made 2 models for connor. one hi res and the second low res. hi res is used in cinematics, while the low res is used in real time gameplay. they ran out of space. they could not make a model for every dye

Where did you see Connor's development? He develops only from when he is a child to when he wears the Assassin uniform. Then blackout until he changes haircut.
No, he changes many times, but had you payed attention to the story, you would`v seen it. at first he was hostile to the colonists as a teen, but then began to warm up to them after the boston tea party and befriending Sam Adams. At that time, his sole motivations were vengeance and protecting his people, but he grew out of those to include freedom for his people and eliminating the Templars entirely. at first he did not want to kill the Templars, thinking that cutting their finances would stop them, but then he chases after each of them recklessly and did not stop until all of them were dead. Connor relied on the Patriots during the battle of Lexington to get him Pitcairn if he helped them against the British but they lied and so during the battle of bunker hill, he does not wait for Putnam and instead goes straight to Pitcairn on his own.

Connor also, believed that the Assassins and Templars could unite, but he soon learns that this is impossible. His motivations changed from Revenge to solely serving the Assassins order and providing freedom for EVERYONE, not just his people like at first. pay more attention next time

And ?

And triangles above head shouldn't be in every case. If the game gives me a legit way to win fight easier, why shouldn't I use it?
Then that`s your problem. don't complain. the ability to remove the triangle is there, but you do not want to use it. your problem...no one else`s

@Assassin_M

what are you ? 5 ?

when you learn to talk like adults, I`ll consider taking you seriously..

roostersrule2
03-27-2013, 09:07 AM
I don't like how the modern day story is pushed aside, it had potential and there was mystery surrounding everything to do with it, but it's gone.

pirate1802
03-27-2013, 09:31 AM
If I remember correctly emperior is the same person who on the MP forums asserted that the Assassins in the MP like Night Stalker and Koyote are "pathetic Assassins" just because they don't wear a hood and paint themselves with the logo. :rolleyes:

Kay now, carry on people. *continues with his daily activities*

SixKeys
03-27-2013, 10:32 AM
- lack of subtitles (in AC1);

OMG how dare you, you should go play other games that have subtitles, not every game needs the same features!!!1 :rolleyes:

Assassin_M
03-27-2013, 10:34 AM
OMG how dare you, you should go play other games that have subtitles, not every game needs the same features!!!1 :rolleyes:
You wanted to write that so fast, you let go of the shift key, but yeah....nice fail

shobhit7777777
03-27-2013, 10:35 AM
@Assassin_M

Get calm bro.
I like Connor, don't get me wrong, but he could have been handled better.

I read this and...

http://nursemyra.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/batman-spank-lol.jpg

SixKeys
03-27-2013, 10:38 AM
You wanted to write that so fast, you let go of the shift key, but yeah....nice fail

Bigger than your failure to address your own hypocrisy? You chew someone out for disliking a feature in AC3 but not AC1?

Assassin_M
03-27-2013, 10:43 AM
Bigger than your failure to address your own hypocrisy? You chew someone out for disliking a feature in AC3 but not AC1?
Haha..TOTALLY different cases....Yup...so much bigger than me addressing my hypocrisy;)

roostersrule2
03-27-2013, 12:00 PM
Bigger than your failure to address your own hypocrisy? You chew someone out for disliking a feature in AC3 but not AC1?He's got you there M.

Assassin_M
03-27-2013, 12:02 PM
He's got you there M.
I never said he did not...

roostersrule2
03-27-2013, 12:03 PM
I never said he did not...I never said that you never said that he did not.

Assassin_M
03-27-2013, 12:08 PM
I never said that you never said that he did not.
yeah, but telling me that water is transparent is pretty dumb

roostersrule2
03-27-2013, 12:10 PM
yeah, but telling me that water is transparent is pretty dumbThen why did you say that is was a totally different case to him?

Assassin_M
03-27-2013, 12:12 PM
Then why did you say that is was a totally different case to him?
you`re saying the lack of feeling of Brotherhood, which is a central narrative set piece, is similar to the absence of subtitles ?

roostersrule2
03-27-2013, 12:14 PM
you`re saying the lack of feeling of Brotherhood, which is a central narrative set piece, is similar to the absence of subtitles ?The principle is.

SixKeys
03-27-2013, 12:18 PM
you`re saying the lack of feeling of Brotherhood, which is a central narrative set piece, is similar to the absence of subtitles ?

Okay, then, here's another example from the same post:

- the absence of the VR training feature (after ACB);
- wide streets;
- hollywoodian sequences;
- how the modern day sequences were handled;
- poor use of characters with great potential (Daniel Cross and S16 for example);

These are narratively-driven, deliberate choices from the design team of AC3. Please explain why you did not chew out this poster for his opinion on these features whilst going after Emperior for his opinion on the devs' design choice of removing the brotherhood.

Assassin_M
03-27-2013, 12:22 PM
Please explain why you did not chew out this poster for his opinion on these features whilst going after Emperior for his opinion on the devs' design choice of removing the brotherhood.
Because I did not see them, I`ll chew them right away, sir

emperior
03-27-2013, 12:22 PM
If I remember correctly emperior is the same person who on the MP forums asserted that the Assassins in the MP like Night Stalker and Koyote are "pathetic Assassins" just because they don't wear a hood and paint themselves with the logo. :rolleyes:

Kay now, carry on people. *continues with his daily activities*

You think to be smart but you definitely are not.
I never asserted Night Stalker and Koyote are pathetic assassins, I only said that if I play an Assassins Creed game in SP, I use an hooded assassin, I also would like to see ****ing hooded assassins in MP. Yeah, that's just aesthetic, but what do you look in personas in MP to use them? How they look.
That's not a "case" everyone loved The Prowler and The Sentinel. They were hooded. They resembled the main character of the game.
Would be much better if the MP story will be screwed up (then its probable because it's finished I think) and they make something less Abstergo and more Erudito/Assassin.
So that would be cool if you are not in Animus. You are an assassin recruit. You must not wear an hood but you can. And you train with real things, not with "animus shields" and "animus hacks". Wouldn't change much the core gameplay and would feel real.

dxsxhxcx
03-27-2013, 12:23 PM
Okay, then, here's another example from the same post:

These are narratively-driven, deliberate choices from the design team of AC3. Please explain why you did not chew out this poster for his opinion on these features whilst going after Emperior for his opinion on the devs' design choice of removing the brotherhood.

because I'm right? lol /jk :p

the OP asked what I don't like about AC, so IMO it doesn't matter if what I don't like are narratively-driven, deliberate choices from the design team of AC, I didn't like the choices they made and that's it...

SixKeys
03-27-2013, 12:24 PM

Agreed, but that's beside the point. ;)

Assassin_M
03-27-2013, 12:25 PM
*proceeds to chew*

Assassin_M
03-27-2013, 12:25 PM
I never asserted Night Stalker and Koyote are pathetic assassins, I only said that if I play an Assassins Creed game in SP, I use an hooded assassin, I also would like to see ****ing hooded assassins in MP. Yeah, that's just aesthetic, but what do you look in personas in MP to use them? How they look.
That's not a "case" everyone loved The Prowler and The Sentinel. They were hooded. They resembled the main character of the game.
Would be much better if the MP story will be screwed up (then its probable because it's finished I think) and they make something less Abstergo and more Erudito/Assassin.
So that would be cool if you are not in Animus. You are an assassin recruit. You must not wear an hood but you can. And you train with real things, not with "animus shields" and "animus hacks". Wouldn't change much the core gameplay and would feel real.
you`re gonna get a warning if you don't stop bypassing that swear filter :/

roostersrule2
03-27-2013, 12:26 PM
*proceeds to chew**On his knees*

pirate1802
03-27-2013, 12:34 PM
lmao.. that.. sounds wrong xD

Assassin_M
03-27-2013, 12:36 PM
lmao.. that.. sounds wrong xD
I think that`s the whole point

IWGCJoeCool
03-27-2013, 12:44 PM
this thread seems to have wandered far from it's origins here and there. i would say there is nothing i dont like. i have some preferences that would stay closer to the stuff in AC1, but that doesnt mean it's been a disappointment over the progression.

if really pressed, i would say i hate things like the cannon interlude early on in The Infamy. it's an all of a sudden gear change, and no training interlude, no matter how thinly veiled. further this contributed to the feeling that 100% success in a first try depended on some foreknowledge, which is impossible until the second attempt at it.

similar to this was the War Machine portions of Brotherhood and the Leonardo Flying Machine first try in AC2...regardless that it was doomed to failure because of the storyline.

ok, so if pressed further, i dislike sequences that are doomed. just last week in The Betrayal...the horse stealing sequence. i made a point of

SPOILER HERE BELOW...right click to see

killing every Bluecoat within a half mile, yet there are two spawned outside the gate to shoot the horse out from under me, leading to an obviously game orchestrated foot chase to retreive it

i hate that stuff!!!

but really, thats the most of it. but i'm not one of the Mass Effect bimbos that wont allow the freedom to the authors to follow the story the way they saw it. happily ever after is only for small children.

JC

pirate1802
03-27-2013, 01:10 PM

"Oh, and the characters you mentioned don't look in anyway like assassins.
Maybe only Night Stalker champion pack looks like one... and Silent Shadow too.
I mean, there should be real assassins, hooded ones, that firmly believe in their creed, not this pathetic characters."

I think everyone here would agree that a person who doesn't wear a hood or has signs printed all over his body is a better Assassin and not an inferior one. That they don't wear their hoods doesn't mean they don't follow their Creed or aren't Assassins.

Soulid_Snake
03-27-2013, 01:36 PM
The number 3!

Bullet747
03-27-2013, 01:53 PM
One on one boss fights usually suck. THAT would be one situation where you want the combat to be more simulator-like.

SixKeys
03-27-2013, 02:07 PM
One on one boss fights usually suck. THAT would be one situation where you want the combat to be more simulator-like.

I don't even mind if the combat sucks, just make the boss fights epic through narrative devices. Al Mualim wasn't hard to beat once you knew the trick, but d@mn was it epic. The AC2 boss fight was pathetic in comparison. Especially since Rodrigo's speech was really interesting, but you could beat him so easily you didn't even have to let him finish.

pirate1802
03-27-2013, 02:09 PM
I don't even mind if the combat sucks, just make the boss fights epic through narrative devices. Al Mualim wasn't hard to beat once you knew the trick, but d@mn was it epic.

Totally agreed.

"Blind, Altair. Blind you have always been."

I can still hear it. Its stuck in my head!

ProletariatPleb
03-27-2013, 02:12 PM
I don't even mind if the combat sucks, just make the boss fights epic through narrative devices. Al Mualim wasn't hard to beat once you knew the trick, but d@mn was it epic. The AC2 boss fight was pathetic in comparison. Especially since Rodrigo's speech was really interesting, but you could beat him so easily you didn't even have to let him finish.
It had all the FEELS, killing all your previous targets again then Al Mualim...Mualims...

Also, I went for a few hours and there's a war going on...

SixKeys
03-27-2013, 02:16 PM
It had all the FEELS, killing all your previous targets again then Al Mualim...Mualims...

Not to mention the threat of desynch if you didn't manage to find the real Al Mualim in time. I still love the effect of that flashing reddish screen, the frantic music, Al Mualim's laughter...

ProletariatPleb
03-27-2013, 02:17 PM
Not to mention the threat of desynch if you didn't manage to find the real Al Mualim in time. I still love the effect of that flashing reddish screen, the frantic music, Al Mualim's laughter...
It was intense...I cannot think of any other word to describe it.

Bullet747
03-27-2013, 03:42 PM
It was intense...I cannot think of any other word to describe it.

I agree. However I think it'd be even more thrilling if the battle itself was as breathe taking. For example, Zone of the Enders: 2nd Runner's final boss.

kesh_362
03-27-2013, 04:05 PM
Well said couldn't agree more. Although I know I'm still going to buy AC4 and probably enjoy it but there's no excitement for me.

Sl1ckM4st3r
03-27-2013, 05:42 PM
The way that they handled Desmond. I wanted more of him. A lot more. The fans as well.

DavisP92
03-27-2013, 05:56 PM
Lack of difficulty: ubisofts desire to continue releasing a game that only gets easier each year even though people want a challenge. "Lets add guns that kill AI in one shot.., but we have to make sure it takes 20 bullets to kill the player"

Lack of playing as an assassin: AC1 was the only game where you played as an assassin, you investigated your target, found ways to get to him, assassinated him, and escaped. The whole investigation/planning aspect of the game was removed in AC2 and still hasn't returned.

Lack of appealing to the fans requests: people have asked since AC2 to remove weapons and armor, and 4 years and 4 games later we still don't have that option

Freedom: we all know AC1 and AC2 were the only games that gave you complete freedom (not telling you how to complete your task). According to the dev team AC4 is going back to it but then what does that mean for the sync system? Have they finally removed it or found some other way to annoy gamers?

No co-op: even though it would make the game more enjoyable, bring in more fans, and thus make them more money we still don't have it. Don't use the excuse that the animus won't allow it when we have the MP. It's an easy fix, two people in the animus reliving the lives of their ancestors who turn out to be siblings or in the same assassin team like in project legacy. Or just do it SC3 liberations style and forget the present day part.

The fans: stop saying you don't want co-op, or the game to be harder. Lets just see how it will work, you haven't even tried it and you're crying that it's going to ruin the series. The series is already ruined, it was ruined when they changed the game from the X06 demo of AC1. It only went downhill from there really. Yea I enjoyed AC1 and AC2, but the series would have been so much better if they didn't remove the X06 features in the game

Sl1ckM4st3r
03-27-2013, 06:25 PM
Lack of difficulty: ubisofts desire to continue releasing a game that only gets easier each year even though people want a challenge. "Lets add guns that kill AI in one shot.., but we have to make sure it takes 20 bullets to kill the player"

Lack of playing as an assassin: AC1 was the only game where you played as an assassin, you investigated your target, found ways to get to him, assassinated him, and escaped. The whole investigation/planning aspect of the game was removed in AC2 and still hasn't returned.

Lack of appealing to the fans requests: people have asked since AC2 to remove weapons and armor, and 4 years and 4 games later we still don't have that option

Freedom: we all know AC1 and AC2 were the only games that gave you complete freedom (not telling you how to complete your task). According to the dev team AC4 is going back to it but then what does that mean for the sync system? Have they finally removed it or found some other way to annoy gamers?

No co-op: even though it would make the game more enjoyable, bring in more fans, and thus make them more money we still don't have it. Don't use the excuse that the animus won't allow it when we have the MP. It's an easy fix, two people in the animus reliving the lives of their ancestors who turn out to be siblings or in the same assassin team like in project legacy. Or just do it SC3 liberations style and forget the present day part.

The fans: stop saying you don't want co-op, or the game to be harder. Lets just see how it will work, you haven't even tried it and you're crying that it's going to ruin the series. The series is already ruined, it was ruined when they changed the game from the X06 demo of AC1. It only went downhill from there really. Yea I enjoyed AC1 and AC2, but the series would have been so much better if they didn't remove the X06 features in the game

Remove weapons? Wat

IWGCJoeCool
03-27-2013, 06:40 PM
Remove weapons? Wat

i was happy with a Short Hidden Blade, though 2 woulda been kool with the ability to arial assassinate. beyond that a sword, a fist, and a boatload of throwing knives was enough. beyond that, i'll be happy to pickup a weapon from the corpse of the guy i just killed....then leave it inpaled in the next poor soul.

Aaaargh!!!

JC

lothario-da-be
03-27-2013, 07:48 PM
The modern day part EXCECUTION, but not the moden day itself. And lineair mission desing of course.

DavisP92
03-27-2013, 10:39 PM
Remove weapons? Wat

Way back when people really cared about immersion and not standing out of the crowd, people wanted to walk around with no weapons that were visible (myself included). Once you buy a sword you're stuck with it, you can't drop it, I never liked walking around with a sword, dagger, throwing knives, and hidden blades that were clearly visible.

If i buy a dagger maybe i want to try it out but i don't want to always have it on the character, and hidden blades should really be hidden. Under the sleeve

AssassinGame1
03-27-2013, 10:49 PM
The endings

Zrvan
03-28-2013, 02:35 AM
Most of the things I don't like about AC can be summed up as 'obnoxious fan behaviors.' I never wished physical violence on my fellow fans more than when they say things like 'annual releases is too much! I want to wait longer!' Never mind the fact that they can wait longer -- just don't buy ACB or ACR until later. Why do I have to listen to you squawk about how you don't want to have so much fun so quickly? I do. Why is your opinion more valid than mine?

But, more on topic, I feel like sometimes new gameplay elements aren't explained fully. ACR was the guilty of this, with the overhaul to the Notoriety system. I was afraid to do anything because I didn't understand how everything interacted. The changes to the Recruit minigame also caught me off-guard -- didn't know I could assign Assassins to cities until way later. AC3 is the worst, though -- so much of the game is walled off behind stuff that was way more significant to money-making and trophy-wrangling than their little map icons would suggest.

Gi1t
03-28-2013, 03:26 AM
Most of the things I don't like about AC can be summed up as 'obnoxious fan behaviors.' I never wished physical violence on my fellow fans more than when they say things like 'annual releases is too much! I want to wait longer!' Never mind the fact that they can wait longer -- just don't buy ACB or ACR until later. Why do I have to listen to you squawk about how you don't want to have so much fun so quickly? I do. Why is your opinion more valid than mine?

The complaint about about the games being churned out too fast is always made by people who aren't blown away by the quality of the games, especially those that have been less and less impressed by them as time goes on, (even if, as a whole, they still think they're not bad, but obviously they think it can be a hell of a lot better.) That's really all it's about. If everyone just thought they were spectacular (not necessarily perfect, but, you know, consistently up to expectations), then you wouldn't hear that. That's the most common reason. They wouldn't say that unless they actually believed it could greatly improve the quality of the games. It's a lot more complicated than just not wanting as many games, but obviously it's not born from boundless optimism. XD

pirate1802
03-28-2013, 03:40 AM
Meh.. I've been happy with all ACs till now, but still I don't feel excited as I did when AC2 was announced. And the quality is dropping, slowly but surely. It hasn't dropped to critical levels yet, atleast from my PoV.. but if they continue with the annual releases it will one day.

Assassin_M
03-28-2013, 03:51 AM
Meh.. I've been happy with all ACs till now, but still I don't feel excited as I did when AC2 was announced. And the quality is dropping, slowly but surely. It hasn't dropped to critical levels yet, atleast from my PoV.. but if they continue with the annual releases it will one day.
This..

LoyalACFan
03-28-2013, 04:25 AM
This..

I thought Revelations and AC3 were your favorites?

roostersrule2
03-28-2013, 04:31 AM

But, more on topic, I feel like sometimes new gameplay elements aren't explained fully. ACR was the guilty of this, with the overhaul to the Notoriety system. I was afraid to do anything because I didn't understand how everything interacted. The changes to the Recruit minigame also caught me off-guard -- didn't know I could assign Assassins to cities until way later. AC3 is the worst, though -- so much of the game is walled off behind stuff that was way more significant to money-making and trophy-wrangling than their little map icons would suggest.It's not that people don't want the releases to close because they want to wait, it's that they want them spread out because there has been a decline in quality ever since the yearly releases.

Assassin_M
03-28-2013, 04:34 AM
I thought Revelations and AC3 were your favorites?
And AC I, but none of them made me as excited as I was for AC II...

roostersrule2
03-28-2013, 04:43 AM
And AC I, but none of them made me as excited as I was for AC II...Because of the ending? If so I would almost have to agree except I bought AC2 2 days after I finished AC1 and I had already played up until sequence 6 of AC2 at a friends house. That ending of AC1 was perfect though.

Assassin_M
03-28-2013, 04:47 AM
Because of the ending? If so I would almost have to agree except I bought AC2 2 days after I finished AC1 and I had already played up until sequence 6 of AC2 at a friends house. That ending of AC1 was perfect though.
Yup....The set up for AC II was the best...closely followed by Brotherhood`s set up for Revelations...I was hands down excited for AC II more than I have been for any other game ever (barring GTA)

dxsxhxcx
03-28-2013, 05:07 AM

But, more on topic, I feel like sometimes new gameplay elements aren't explained fully. ACR was the guilty of this, with the overhaul to the Notoriety system. I was afraid to do anything because I didn't understand how everything interacted. The changes to the Recruit minigame also caught me off-guard -- didn't know I could assign Assassins to cities until way later. AC3 is the worst, though -- so much of the game is walled off behind stuff that was way more significant to money-making and trophy-wrangling than their little map icons would suggest.

it's funny how you're against people who think they should wait a little longer to release a new game and have more time to work on it and then recognize some flaws of some games that many people would probably see as a side effect of the yearly releases you're trying to defend in your first paragraph

Gi1t
03-28-2013, 05:02 PM
it's funny how you're against people who think they should wait a little longer to release a new game and have more time to work on it and then recognize some flaws of some games that many people would probably see as a side effect of the yearly releases you're trying to defend in your first paragraph

It would seem that their complaint about the debate on annual releases has gone and reignited it. XD