PDA

View Full Version : Poison deck

OiTheRolk
03-26-2013, 09:36 AM
I wanted to create a deck revolving around the poison mechanic, and with a few games and iterations I ended up with this one; it seems to work quite well.
I'm only level five though, so some cards I only have in lack of better ones, and I realize the deck's probably not as good as I believe it to be, so any suggestions on what card I should aim to acquire or criticisms why this deck sucks are welcome ^^

Here are the cards:

Hero(1)
1 - Nergal, Lord of Pestilence

Events (8)
2 - Week of Knowledge
3 - Celebrations
3 - Day of Fortune

Creatures (40)
4 - Skeleton Spearman
4 - Wretched Ghoul
4 - Lingering Ghost
4 - Necrophyte Lich
4 - Plague Skeleton
2 - Lamasu
4 - Ravenous Ghoul
3 - Plague Zombie
3 - Lesser Air Elemental
1 - Fate Spinner
3 - Archlich
4 - Putrid Lamasu

Spells (10)
1 - Regeneration
2 - Venomous Touch
2 - Teleport
2 - Stone Shield
2 - Insect Swarm
1 - Town Portal

My events are centered around getting more cards, or better cards, I think that's a good way to go about this kind of deck.
I'm guessing I'll get rid of teleport and town portal in favor of more venomous touch and regeneration, and I'm not sure what to think of stone shield. According to my reasoning it should be good (I find myself in situations where I have to sacrifice my hero's health in order to get a larger army) but in practice I never used it.
Also I'm planning to get rid of the air elementals in favor of fate spinners, once I get more of those.

So, thoughts? Comments? Suggestions? ^^

dkmaster88
03-26-2013, 09:49 AM
if you want create pure poison deck use more TOXIC speels... from fortunes add gold pile.

regeneration? use mass regeneration(3lvl magic) add contagion

its my suggestion

OiTheRolk
03-26-2013, 11:42 AM
the thing with gold pile is, it costs 3 fortune, which is 2 too much. I want to be able to spam poison as much as humanly possible, which is why i'm not going over 5 might and 3 spell. In fact, I'm only going that high because the tradeoffs are worth it imho.

dkmaster88
03-26-2013, 11:58 AM
gold pile - pay1 gain2 at 1lvl of fate... if you can fast cast many poison speels you can slow down to 3might and use 2 times more nergals abbility

OiTheRolk
03-26-2013, 12:58 PM
oh right i was thinking about another fortune nvm ><

Uraxor
03-26-2013, 01:22 PM
Spells: only play Earthquake and possibly Insect Swarm, nothing else is worth playing for Nergal. (Maaybe you could make Town Portal/Stone Shield work, but that's about it!)
And you want them all in 4 copies x)

Also, you want to run set of Week of Taxes.
And ignore that Gold Pile, it's not a good card for Nergal.

[well at high gelos anyway. I guess regeneration might work at ~500 elo, but you asked for deck improvements ^^]

OiTheRolk
03-26-2013, 01:36 PM
thx uraxor ^^
but no venomous touches? even though i want virtually everything to be about poison? :(

WalkingHawking
03-26-2013, 04:26 PM
thx uraxor ^^
but no venomous touches? even though i want virtually everything to be about poison? :(

The fact is you have to choose between keeping the poison theme or making your deck competitive xD

Piotrek.14
03-27-2013, 10:00 AM
The thing is that once I get 'purity' your deck gets useless, so maybe think of some dispels of your choice ;)

ligtseylisa
03-27-2013, 10:51 AM
I do, but they are very hard to level up.http://htcf.info/10.jpg

Arsym
04-04-2013, 11:08 PM
When I started, I also thought of making a "poison counter" focused deck, thinking that DoTs would destroy every opponent, making them scream with agonizing pains :cool:

As my losses grew, I found out that there's no use adding cards in my deck that would enhance abilities that are already there (i.e. poisonous touch in a deck where 15 creatures have Infect I or II on top of Nergal's ability) rather than adding cards that would make my deck more flexible. Imho, poisonous touch (you don't see them very often tbh) is a great spell to enchant a "Attack anywhere" creature.

However, I think that's the beauty of these kind of games. You learn by trial and error and by observing how better and more experienced players play or build their decks. And DoC is also very addictive.

In regard to spells in a Nergall deck, I would agree with Uraxor's suggestions and maybe add Dispel Magic (or Mass Dispel).