PDA

View Full Version : Duel of Champions: The Trade Stystem is required!!

raymanscarlett
03-26-2013, 04:01 AM
Hello, all the champions,

Doc is really a great game so far, meanwhile I am strongly feel like we need a trade stystem.

Maybe a card is unless to my me but my friend is dying to have it..

And anyway, what are friends need for if we cannot make a good team?!

Well, from my point, the trade stystem should have some rules like maxuim cards that can be traded is 5 cards in order to exchange 1~5 from your friends 1 time.

And each card cost 50 gold per deal for example ( just not making the trade stystem too overwhelmming, and all gamers would still feel a need to use shops sometime)

I am really looking forward the next expansion coming out with this new features added on, will be fabulous to play it anyway :)

fluffu123
03-26-2013, 10:30 AM
The problem with the Trade-System is the point, that players would be able to create a second account to get cards. That would ruin the game and all we need is a 100% safe concept to be sure that this wont happen.

I think a required level (50 or so) would solve the problem and all player who reached 50 at least would be able to trade :)

Przemysek88
03-26-2013, 04:11 PM
50 lv is not so high but i think it would do. Some say that 50 lv i is do in 1 month, God bless nolive. 100 lv is bit too high, 75 maybe. Of course the tarde would by limited to one per some long time xD. Nothing new but the discussion is always welcome.

epicafricantoad
03-26-2013, 06:19 PM
Trade would be very, very hard to implement as most players would immediately get very strong decks. An option to allow trade after reaching a certain lvl and to limit it for i.e. one per month is better, but still as for now the pit is a good compromise imho. There are other things to work on:)
cheers
Toad

Merton101
03-27-2013, 12:44 AM
Look at the economic model of the game.
It excludes any exchange of cards between players.
Exchange cards, reduce sales packs of cards.

epicafricantoad
03-27-2013, 12:44 PM
Well the sales wouldnt be reduced, how would be that possible?:) Players are still earning gold, theyre not stockpiling it, and they need cards for exchanges even.

valegor
03-27-2013, 10:27 PM
They can take a fee in gold out of any trade done, like it's done in other TCG games. For now the amount of cards is not really high, so it is not so hard to get enough cards for buildings the decks you need, but when they will release the future extensions and more cards will be in play, it will be more difficult for everyone to get the cards they need, even with the packs they can buy.

Now you can buy a booster pack for 12500g, that means that powerfull cards like Dark Assassins, Banshees, Altar of Asha and so on will cost at least 100 000g to get from an auction house. Buying a pack will always be the cheapest way to get rare cards imo, just more random.

Dont forget that Ubisoft doesnt make money when you buy cards, but when you buy gold or seals, so if people want to buy 100k gold with real money for that card they need so hard, money will still flow in. They will not lose to this if it's well managed and build.

Merton101
03-27-2013, 11:57 PM
I do not agree with your opinion.
I opened about 150 packs of the first issue, and I do not have any dark assassin. So price assassin will be much higher than 100000g.
I think ubisoft gets a lot more money from the sale of seals that use to purchase packages and tickets. Since you can buy 100 packs of the first issue and do not reveal the dark assassin.
They contribute to the purchase of new seals in order to open the necessary mythical card.
You suggest to introduce the exchange of cards between players or the sale of cards between players. Which will reduce the flow of money into the game.
And friends will just give each other cards to play on loan.
And lastly how to introduce the exchange of cards between players in the free game? When free of charge for one day, you can open up to 5 packs

epicafricantoad
03-28-2013, 08:41 AM
With an auction house, the best players would have the ultimately best decks immediately.
As for DA, its random - I found 2 of them already after a few days of playing. Also Eleonore 4 times, premium doombringer, banshee, imperial guard, vampire assassin, deep mountain yeti and nyorai sairensa. Thats quite some cards I think.

fluffu123
03-28-2013, 05:22 PM
They should change the rewards into a new currency and bound all the cards bought by this new currency ( for example diamonds ). There would be no problem if they would do this, all the cards which were boght by the rewards by lvling up would be accound-bound, also just cards that were bought by seals and gold would be tradeable. And I think this is realistic and could be done in a few days :)

Dayr_Kintar
03-30-2013, 04:10 AM
I think, that it should be card to card trade system. Of same rareness, of course. But it should be, as it's normal for Collection games.

Rakjsh
04-04-2013, 09:23 AM
I think, that it should be card to card trade system. Of same rareness, of course. But it should be, as it's normal for Collection games.

I agree, as well a Market where you can sell a good(or not) card you don't use for a minimum price you decide like an auction would be great - on the other hand if you need badly a card you might find it in the market sold by someone else

Mikiroma87
04-04-2013, 02:11 PM
I agree, as well a Market where you can sell a good(or not) card you don't use for a minimum price you decide like an auction would be great - on the other hand if you need badly a card you might find it in the market sold by someone else

Those options sound perfect

epicafricantoad
04-07-2013, 10:11 AM
Imho a market would be a bad thing. Older players with lot of cards could sell those they dont need, thus earning a lot of money to buy next packs... and making the gap between players even larger. You think beginners could buy missing cards easily? Nah, the higher ELO players will buy them if they need'em. Also buying packs and boxes would become useless for players with a nearly full deck - theyd just spare gold to buy those few missing cards, damaging the game's economy. So I think free trading/a market would be a very bad idea... Trading ONE card per week would be OK imho. With a possibility to trade it for gold OR a card of the same rarity only/ or 4 cards of lesser rarity for one that is more rare.
cheers
Toad

IBasharAnge
04-07-2013, 01:42 PM
An idea : you can sell cards for a given value in SEALS depending on its rarity (for instance 500 for an epic). The buyer would give seals and the seller would get GOLD (100 times the number of Seals: 50000 for an epic).

Ubi would be happy and people would only use it rarely.

Shadowelf32
04-07-2013, 03:47 PM
An idea : you can sell cards for a given value in SEALS depending on its rarity (for instance 500 for an epic). The buyer would give seals and the seller would get GOLD (100 times the number of Seals: 50000 for an epic).

Ubi would be happy and people would only use it rarely.

Good idea i like it

@Epic Older players are already in advantage since they have most cards and already stacking seals for next expansion. So they will be way ahead trade or not. On the other hand a new player playing heaven opens a banshee he/she has no use for, and sells it to fund his heaven deck.

epicafricantoad
04-07-2013, 09:14 PM
Bashar's idea sounds viable.

fluffu123
04-07-2013, 09:57 PM
Great idea, I guess the company and also all players would love that as a soloution

Vorhard
04-08-2013, 10:52 AM
Every card game needs a trade or auction system, they just need to think of a way to implement it.

Morgotheron2012
04-08-2013, 03:34 PM
I totally disagree with raymanscarlet. The trade system would be a problem. Everybody will create second account. Also players will sell cards for example for 1 seals and this card will buy a person who pay seller on allegro for example 10 euro. Trade system=a lot of problems.

IBasharAnge
04-08-2013, 03:46 PM
Have you read anything else than the first post ?

bluebird503
04-09-2013, 07:40 AM
I really like Bashars idea.

Ubisoft implemented an auction market in AC Recollection so i don't see it never happening. If there is a market, it prevents players from abusing multiple accounts,

I don't think any kind of system helps older players with large collections too much, even though they can afford the next set, well theyve been playing for awhile, good for them, as a new player, I'd much rather be able to pick up the cards for my decks that I'm missing then worry about how rich the older players are.

fluffu123
04-09-2013, 07:07 PM
I thought a lot about trading, Ill show you 2 possibillitys:

You could change the rewards by lvling up to a new Currency "Diamonds"
Players get Gold and Diamonds after matches
Seals only for real money!
Implement an auctionhouse
Cards which players get by Diamonds are accountbound, so they arent locked for trade
Selling/Buying Cards is possible for Seals and Gold

-That System would be safe because of the seperate currency "Diamonds", and free2play would be possible by earning gold by normal matches. Farmers wouldnt be a really big problem - Seals would be much, much more worth compared to gold.

You could change the rewards by lvling up to a new Currency "Diamonds"
No Gold anymore
Players get only Diamonds after matches
Seals only for real money!
Implement an auctionhouse
Cards which players get by Diamonds are accountbound, so they arent locked for trade
Selling/Buying Cards is only possible for Seals

-That System wold be safe. No farmers. Only cards which were bought by real money are locked for trade.
The Con: No trade for peple who wants to play4free

Shadowelf32
04-10-2013, 02:41 PM
U know what i'd do if the decision was in my hands ? New feature unlocked at 20 lvl, where u unlock a panel with all available cards, choose the one u need and spend: 500 seal for epic, 300 for rare, 100 for uncommon, 50 for common. If u want to get the same in premium then the cost is doubled. So no trade with its complications and ubi will still be able to make money by selling seals, free riders will be able to get the cards they need and everyone is happy. What do guys think ?

weltista
04-11-2013, 01:05 PM
Ok, after spending $200+ on boosters, I got 3(!) <unique> Altars of Asha and not a single Banshee or Armageddon. Now tell me about how we don't need the market system :p. Or should we all spend 1000+ euros just for a chance to get complete set? I'm not saying that precautions shouldn't be taken, like getting access to it with a certain (high) level. But it is a 'must have' feature for any serious TCG and I believe Ubi take this project quite serious.

iGrozni
04-14-2013, 10:11 AM
U know what i'd do if the decision was in my hands ? New feature unlocked at 20 lvl, where u unlock a panel with all available cards, choose the one u need and spend: 500 seal for epic, 300 for rare, 100 for uncommon, 50 for common. If u want to get the same in premium then the cost is doubled. So no trade with its complications and ubi will still be able to make money by selling seals, free riders will be able to get the cards they need and everyone is happy. What do guys think ?

Simple solutions are the best, and this is by far, the best suggested. No one would be on the loss, consumers, nor companies.
Also - AfricanToad has a great solution, except it should be possible to "buy" that week of waiting for a trade (for seals ofc).
Ibashar also presented a great idea!

GnastyGnorc
04-16-2013, 06:10 PM
I really like this game so far, but not having a marketplace or trade system is kind of a deal breaker for me.

I don't care if it requires a level requirement, or even an initial cost to use, but it makes all my cards feel worthless if I cannot trade them to other players, which is never a good feeling in a CCG.

Though it wouldn't solve the problem of being to trade your friends, you could always sell marketplace tickets in packs of 10 for a couple bucks, and every card you list takes one if sold.
It's not the best idea, but it works.

dtaveau
04-17-2013, 10:24 AM

And make the game the worst "pay to win" game ever created ? No thanks.

Right now, spending money doesn't drastically influence your deck because there's still a fair amount of luck in the cards you get. If you pay you can play more varied decks because you've got more cards at your disposal, but you don't necessarily get the most powerful cards everytime you pay.

If they implement your system in which the richest people can buy the best cards, you can be sure casual players will quit the game in a matter of days. The only decks remaining will be money fed decks. Read it: the richest guy wins. In the end only a handful of rich players will keep playing the game. Just like magic online: newcomers quickly understand how the game works and end up uninstalling it.

The system is well balanced at the moment. With patience you can still buy a card you want at the infernal pit if you've got enough spare cards (which is likelier if you baught seals). So hardcore fans and paying fans both benefit from it. The trade rate is a really low, however. This could be improved.

LBSDBS
04-18-2013, 01:57 AM
I DO NOT want a trade system. I bought into the game as it is and that is one aspect I don't want at all. It only leads to players abusing or trade spamming other players.

As a paying customer I absolutely do not want any player trading system.

seariously
04-18-2013, 02:59 PM
DoC is a TCG (Trading Card Game) it should have trading.

lejto133
04-18-2013, 05:26 PM
nah it's shouldnt have trading system because many ppl do new accounts, do first missions and give cards they need for other account...

Darkbelojr
04-19-2013, 04:50 PM
/sing to do this....

Magar90
04-20-2013, 07:25 PM
+1

protection is simple u all know that they could block the same ip/router-internet card nr

all internet cards have they unique NRs they could block it.. there are many types of blocks... MOBO number u have only 1 ? and acc will be unique

Baelnor_
04-21-2013, 07:37 AM
Please do not introduce a trading system to this game. It adds very little. I think that a better way would be to increase rewards and allow players to either buy seals cheaper, or reduce the gold cost on expansions that are older.

palasatik25
04-21-2013, 11:59 AM
As an alternative they can buff Infernal Pit - reduce charge time and quantity of cards needed for 100% sacrifice, or make an option to buy up to 4 copies of the submitted card.

IBasharAnge
04-21-2013, 07:42 PM
Why not just say "I don't need it right now" instead of saying what the game should or should not have ? When you've got, say, 3 cards missing, how many boosters will you open before finding ONE card that you need ? Then you're at 2 and it gets even more frustrating.
So, what's the use of Gold and Seals when your collection gets better ?

Please make it so that "old" players can buy cards to "new" players. The option I proposed answers this issue. There are also other solutions viable. But let us have one. Please.

PS : solution recap
At a given level, you're offered the possibility to BUY cards. Selling is possible from, say, level 5 (like the Pit). Buying is where people can try to abuse it so ...
Each card has a given value, depending on its rarity and foilness. Say 500 Seals for a regular Epic and 10 for a common.
The buyer pays with Seals and the seller gets gold : 100 times the amount of Seals.

highdook
04-21-2013, 11:48 PM
I think a trading system would not hurt the game, i've been playing Urban Rivals (also a very popular TCG) for a while and the market there is one of the main sources for getting cards. But the players themselves have made the prices of the best (and much needed for a good deck) cards almoust impossible to buy unless you pay with actual money. Thats why i think that trading system wont make Ubisoft lose money, but will prevent many players from getting frustrated due to not getting that one card after buying 50 packs

Erne5t0
04-25-2013, 12:24 PM
I rly need to comment this too, i startet to play that Game for about a week and im rly surprised how good it is. So after i started i buy a Box to get some Cards (ok what i search not in bud np need a card base) now im her i buy around 200 Booster and get 1 ****ing Card out of it. You rly need to do something against it just look diablo 3 and his AH it woud be perfect for this Game, sell gold take tax for every trade and limit the AH for Accs they alrdy be 50. Im looking forward to get this i dont want to spend every Expansion 300-400 bucks only to get a card. For me its a reason to spend more Money bud im not interestet to spend Money only to have something boring to do in Infernal Pit. And am i the only who think atm you cant name your game a TCG because there is no trading and i think im not the only one who think so.

seariously
04-29-2013, 03:47 PM
+1 to trades, my friends are frustrated that there is no trading.

Ursburs
05-01-2013, 11:07 PM
NO to trade system in this game.
Trade system is worst thing possible here. After implementing it we will have 10x more botters, intentionally lowering ELO farmers, chinese gold farmers, RMTers. Just worst element of MMO world.

ioulios
05-04-2013, 01:05 AM
we can make trades for sure put limitation 1 trade per week every account!!! cards trade with cards no gold or seals

Tempest_Poet
05-05-2013, 12:38 AM
i agree with the idea of the pit buff someone mentioned somewhere here. Having more cards available each time would be awesome and wouldnt mess with the economy as a trading system definitely would.Maybe having 3 cards of each fraction every 12 hrs available. 1x Common, 1x common or uncommon, 1x common, uncommon or rare.

This way there is no bonus for players with a large pool of cards, who could easily make a fortune selling their cards otherwise.

Ubisoft would still be able to sell their seals and the costumers got a chance to find their missing commons/uncommons or even rares, if they are lucky.

Mahat89
05-14-2013, 02:36 PM

There are tons of viable ideas...this game needs a trading system. Or a BIG pit buff. The system can be limited in different ways:
1 cards must be of the same rarity (rare for rare, common for common ecc)
2 minimum lvl (20 for example, not too high or is pointless)
3 max 1 trade x week for account
and so on..

sorry for my bad english :p

vHelixv
05-16-2013, 05:10 PM
The card shop in Shadow Era is a good example of how to avoid exploitation of trading. Rarity/popularity of cards makes there prices escalate while less popular/underpowered cards prices decrease. New players can make deck strategies the way they want with cheap underpowered cards, with more powerful cards ground towards, accelerated with real cash.
With prices set high (but not sadistic) all cards are obtainable, but the more rare cards not easily or quickly obtained.
The problem is that players with a huge current card pool will be substantially ahead of newer players due to being able to sell the masses of unwanted cards, but the longer its left, the wider the gap will be.

dexta01204
05-21-2013, 04:13 PM
There are tons of viable ideas...this game needs a trading system. Or a BIG pit buff. The system can be limited in different ways:
1 cards must be of the same rarity (rare for rare, common for common ecc)
2 minimum lvl (20 for example, not too high or is pointless)
3 max 1 trade x week for account
and so on..

sorry for my bad english :p

i agree with this idea but yet a marketplace would make sense
example:-
reach say lvl 15/20 to access
cards can only be put on said marketplace for a set amount of gold set by mods or whatever.
3 purchases per week.
3 items can be placed per week never exceeding 3 on the market place eg i put 3 on 1 week 2 sell i can only put 2 back on the next week unless i cancel the 1 that didn't sell.
and a charge of say 10% of the cards value to place on marketplace in gold.

this way seems fair as atm there isnt too many cards to price/check on, plus a pit buff for lower lvl's that dont wanna use the marketplace as they are still getting the hang of the game.

Blastofek
05-21-2013, 04:35 PM
Personally I would never accept any sort of marketplace, ah - however you will call it.
If there will be marketplace in this game, not only I will leave the game.

Mikesak1983
05-25-2013, 07:45 AM
my idea for trade system is (sorry, if this methot were here), if you want change some card, the (solding card) have to stay minimum one of copies of this card.

IronbeardSLO
05-25-2013, 02:41 PM
I've been playing this game for about a week now. I've read about it in a gamers magazine in my country and I quickly realized what the auhor of the article meant when he wrote that "The game is free 2 play, but that doesn't mean it free 2 stay." I personaly don't buy seals with real money and I'm sure i'm not the only one. The problem that this creates is that I can't buy many packs, meaning i don't get many cards and it seems to me that the random system in this game really hates me. I started with the haven deck and despite that I curently have better cards for stronghold than haven. I'm sure that even those that buy seals have similar problems and this is why some kind of a trading system or auction house is needed. Some have been saying that if some kind of a trading system is implented the gap betwen newer and olders players will get much bigger than it is now. Yes, the older players will be able to sell alot of cards they don't need and with that gold buy a lot of those they need, thus having complete decks, but i'm sure that a lot of them aren't far away from that right now. On the other hand newer players will be able to adleast get some basic cards they need. I really like playing haven and i wouldn't mind trading or selling my Kat's grand finale, Seria's legion or Puppet master if I get some basic haven cards I need, like holy praetorian, elite squire, word of light or warrior seraph. I personaly don't care if the player I'm playing against has 4 dark assasins, pao deathseekers or puppet masters instead of 1 or 2 if that means I will have 3 or 4 holy praetorians, elite squires or words of light instead of 1 or 0.And with a auction house the prices of the most popular cards would go sky-high, which means that players that now buy seals would buy gold instead to get the cards they want and ubisoft would not lose any money this way. I actualy think that ubi would be better of as the players that spend real money would have guarantes that they will get the cards they want, which is probably the reason for quite some players not to spend money. For now the number of sales/buys could be set to a specific number per week, but as new expansion and cards will get out that could be taken away or raised as 3 cards per week at, idk, 800 or 1000 different cards is a little low. Just my 2 cents

Brenxx
05-25-2013, 08:58 PM
100% agree, a trading system would be incredible. At least being able to trade with people on your friends list would be so amazing. It's a card game and trading cards to improve your deck is a part of the game.

piotr9k
06-01-2013, 08:07 PM
It always strucks me as odd, in many of those new games of various genres that are being released, that developers of those games don't think / forget / tunnel vision such simple things like in this example. A card game simply must have the ability to trade cards in one way or another, it's... so blatantly obvious that I'd like to call the lack of such system a failure in the design process.

TheOldFox
06-05-2013, 09:59 AM
Maybe they could say that anyone who has spent five dollars on the game is able to trade. They did this with teamfortress 2. If you spent five dollars you got the premium game which allowed trading and gave you a few little extra shinies. It would deal with opening multiple accounts to get more cards. I can't imagine any way that they could open up trading without it being abused by people creating multiple accounts. This would inhibit opening smurf accounts.

razcrux
06-05-2013, 04:30 PM
Instead of trading you could instead also just have a shop. Sort of like the infernal pit, only with more cards on offer. The shop could have a larger amount of cards on offer than just 1 at a time, but it would effectively be perhaps about 12 cards that cycle once every 4 or so hours. In essence the "shop" could just be an emilio pack. Each player would see their own unique emilio pack. Players could then buy cards from the pack, but they would need to pay Seals for the cards they wanted. Say 10 seals for a common, 50 seals for an uncommon, 200 seals for a rare, 300 for an epic or hero. (these numbers might need to be tweaked up/down but that's the general idea, keep the price higher than it would be to buy an emilio pack outright)

You don't really need a player-to-player trade, its an unnecessary complexity. Instead the above shop can become active when you hit a certain level, say 10. If you have extra cards you want to get rid of, you can still trash those into the pit, and then get gold for them to buy new packs. The goal of trading is to get, after all, all the collection or the last few cards that are hard to get otherwise to complete your collection.

Seals are always hard to get, and limiting the purchase of specific cards to seals encourages more cash spent on the game.

If the shop needs to be bigger, you could unlock at level 20 that the shop carries not 1 emilio pack at a time, but 3 packs (you can page through 3 packs in the shop, every ~4 hours; or it is one pack for each expansion that you are paging-through; prices could be thus a bit different per set), or change the shop to cycle cards every hour instead of every 4 (but that might be a bit aggressive for those of us that like to sleep and have a life outside of the game).

Interplayer is a nice idea, but it will just ultimately result in a wider discrepancy of player-levels rather than resolve the issue.

nasdravi
06-10-2013, 10:19 PM
Well, if it was me, i would not make trading or auction house available, because that would hurt revenue, but i would try to figure out another way to 'feel the demand'....
probably i would introduce more items in shop that would have better chances to give the player what he is looking for, for a higher price....
For example packs that contain "spells only' or 'dark spells only' or 'necro creatures only' or 'fortunes only' or 'rare creatures only' etc.... u get the idea...

Sabbrewolf
06-11-2013, 01:26 AM
So many people have zero understanding of what makes free to play work, and what doesn't. What they are doing. Doesn't. Those who say they don't want a trading system are afraid of competition and not being able to wave their junk around over their lucky pulls or the fact they spend 300 dollars a month on this game.

All the current system does is get Ubi money and a very loyal hardcore base of top players who will compete with eachother and spend money to be at the top of a heap. They can subsist on this model entirely through them with this game being as simple as it is.

The current system does not bring in new competition. It does not foster it nor does it encourage it unless adequate penance is paid forward. The cost of entry will ever steadily grow steeper and steeper, cutting out newer players faster and faster.

gaming.kitsune
06-17-2013, 06:25 PM
I have read the topic till page 4 so excuse me If someone already posted that out, but what about bazaar/auction house system being based only on real cash transfers (via PayPal or else) where you have to pay in real for the cards you want and Ubi will get a cut-off of every transaction made? It will take this game on par with the real TCGs. You can get real profit from the game afterwards due to pure luck, but no one is in loss as again it depends on the pure luck whether you open the right card. And it will give you your cash to buy more seals after all, so your investment doesnt go into vain and the profit for the company is in general doubled.

The con is the fact that its gonna get abused by leveling low lvl accts and gaining seals so I agree it should be opened at eg. lvl 50 or 75 or there should be no seal rewards at all. (the idea of separating seals to seals and diamonds sounds fine as well, but its implementation would be quite hard i guess).

The fact is this game does does need some way of exchange system.

DG-Fenrir
06-18-2013, 07:27 PM
I don't get it. How would Ubi be at a loss if they allowed players to trade their cards? Cards don't come out of thin air, someone has to buy those packs/decks for seals or gold. Trading wouldn't hurt the revenue. Free players can already grind gold to buy packs, how does that affect revenue?
And it wouldn't be hard to prevent multi-accounting. Replace seal/gold rewards with packs that give you untradeable cards or set a level limit to trading. Mark the starter decks as untradeable too.

vpalmer83
06-25-2013, 03:38 PM
i'll would not like trade system in DoC - the collectioning process and much of fun with it. i think devs understand it and will not bring this game to same crap crafting/trading wich mtg or heartstone have. i dont want DoC become another their clone and everyone around get same cards.

smurfORnot
06-26-2013, 11:23 AM
I don't get it. How would Ubi be at a loss if they allowed players to trade their cards? Cards don't come out of thin air, someone has to buy those packs/decks for seals or gold. Trading wouldn't hurt the revenue. Free players can already grind gold to buy packs, how does that affect revenue?
And it wouldn't be hard to prevent multi-accounting. Replace seal/gold rewards with packs that give you untradeable cards or set a level limit to trading. Mark the starter decks as untradeable too.

Simple, because if you need commons/ uncommon which other players got plenty, but you don't . You either need to spend $$$ or grind and grind in hope that you will get them. If someone has 15 Paos because he got rly lucky, and you have none. You need to grind countless hours to probably get 4 or pay lots of cash. If you could just trade stuff, ubi wouldn't get cash they are getting now, at least not this much. So yeah, it's rly not in their interest to let you trade cards you don't need or sell them, because this way they are getting less cash! I already stopped playing because there is rly no point in it unless you are hardcore gamer or have plenty of spare cash to throw around!

trupiciel
06-28-2013, 03:36 PM
Why do you write so many words?

Magma Lobster
06-29-2013, 08:28 PM
Why not just have it so only different IP addresses can trade? Oh noes some people will exploit it by changing their IP address and get free cards I don't think people will replay the training and first campaign mission over and over to buy "The Box" once every 2 hours... Seems ridiculous and I believe to be an unfounded concern when there are LOTS of players who would only trade legitimately and really need to. I have a card I know my brother needs badly but he will never get it instead the closest thing to trading I can do with it is offer it up to some "archaic pit" which rips me off every time.

smurfORnot
06-29-2013, 08:44 PM
Do you brother a favor and give him 100$, he might get lucky with all booster he will buy for that and gets the card that you would traded with him. Then again,maybe he doesnt, but don't be discouraged, give him more money,eventually he will get lucky :D

Cerrs
07-05-2013, 05:57 AM
I don't get it. How would Ubi be at a loss if they allowed players to trade their cards? Cards don't come out of thin air, someone has to buy those packs/decks for seals or gol.
Doing campaign and leveling up till level 5 gives you 1400 seals and 100+ k gold. Everything take maybe 2 hours at the most. It's around 2500 free seals. You are wrong, in fact cards come from thin air.

smurfORnot
07-05-2013, 12:07 PM
Or you know,this could be very easily fixed if they just added that you need to be certain level like 15-20... to be able to trade. It's rly not hard to think how to stop people from exploiting it with multiple acc's.

mekkaking1
07-11-2013, 04:29 PM
The problem with the Trade-System is the point, that players would be able to create a second account to get cards. That would ruin the game and all we need is a 100% safe concept to be sure that this wont happen.

I think a required level (50 or so) would solve the problem and all player who reached 50 at least would be able to trade :)

thats exactly what i thought about, GREAT IDEA !:D (Y)

Vanattor
07-14-2013, 08:36 AM
Trade system will ruin this game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do not do it !!!!

silentbobus
07-15-2013, 08:30 PM
I think a trade system would be great, but it would be really tricky to implement without causing problems. Perhaps just improving the Infernal Pit like I suggested would be the easiest.

iamdelirium
08-13-2013, 04:37 AM
Easy way to make trading viable without people making secondary accounts to give their main accounts: cards that are given away free through the tutorial and codes are marked non-tradeable.

vOCHEDv
08-15-2013, 12:28 PM
Did you think about anonymous auction house?

Ex:

I have 5 Thrones, Infernal pit sucks today. I will make an auction for this card.

silentbobus
08-15-2013, 06:28 PM
Did you think about anonymous auction house?

Ex:

I have 5 Thrones, Infernal pit sucks today. I will make an auction for this card.

That's how I assumed they'd do it. You could sell cards to the house and buy cards from the house, but never trade directly. The prices in the house would be set by aggregate demand. It will definitely be a better system than the one in place today.

xxxtyler2012xxx
08-26-2013, 10:44 AM
I think level 15 would be MORE than enough to trade cards... I am playing with 5 friends and we are playing everyday but we like to duel each other and we aren't getting XP for it... Level 15 will take a really long time I think. Oh, and you should probably buff the cards in the infernal shop... They're god awful

KuriaMIzuki
08-26-2013, 03:11 PM
Hi,

There are other solutions than a trade system, like for example in shadow era, you can buy singles and also sell single cards. When you sell cards its value is reduced, more or less in 75% or something like that, and you just can buy cards that other players have sold already to the market... That makes it fair to all other players, because all of us have a change to buy that cards... And trust me there will be alot of cards to buy, because all of us have alot of cards 6 times or 8 times... beside the cards that we really dont like or want...

The problem with direct trade is that a player can trade directly with an account that some times just existe in favor of other accounts... And it alaso can happen, for example, I'm lvl 50 and I'm tierd of playing this game and a say to a friend of mine give me all of yours bad cards and i give you all of my good stuff...

I belive a market system, it would be better than a trade system...

Pawellooo
09-30-2013, 05:39 PM
they should make a auction system.

VampFury
10-01-2013, 02:44 PM
You have Altar of Wishes now. That is sufficient for everyone.

Keynomaru
10-11-2013, 03:01 PM
Trade system is is needed.

More options and more opportunitys to build decks/improve decks! Honestly guys what am I supposed to do with my 2 extra Might of Natures? Surely someone needed a copy.

Or at least converting cards into wild cards would be nice.

VampFury
10-11-2013, 03:18 PM
Throw it in the pit, get gold, buy boosters... repeat.

Do you understand in game economy at all? In game trading is not good and even more not needed now that we have Altar...

LungDrago
11-10-2013, 11:22 AM
It still isn't amazing or anything. The Altar of Wishes doesn't help new players at all, and the Infernal Pit is actually the Infernal Waiting Room, as it is terribad to pitch your cards just for the gold (you barely get any) while the "prize card" is again randomly chosen and likely useless to you as well. Furthermore, once you get lucky and get a card you want in the Pit, you will most likely pitch just enough to get it, rather than overkill it or something.
Not to mention that the entire Premium thing is one big joke. Premium is worth more in the Pit, further discouraging you from using the Pit to get gold.

EnlightenedOwl
11-11-2013, 02:39 AM
I can see both sides of this debate and to various degrees I agree with both of them. I think most players who want a trade system are newer players who are simply frustrated with the speed, or lack there of, of in game progression and the ability to improve/optimize decks via acquiring more cards, especially specific desired ones. I also believe those players generally don't understand nor care about the concept of an in game economy and the fact that this game, despite being a game, is a business and Ubisoft needs to make money by encouraging players to purchase seals and speed up the process to give them an advantage, though not an unfair advantage, over players who opt not to buy seals. I agree that cards need to be more accessible (Altar of Wishes was an excellent starting place but it's not enough) but I adamantly believe that a trading system is not the answer and is bad for the game. I also believe Infernal Pit, while a solid concept, needs a few changes.

defunkt99
11-11-2013, 11:21 AM
In comparism to the old situation everything is great! You can easly get a really good deck by lvl 20. Hey come on a little bit of "work" is needed for everything you want to archieve and the barriers dropt a lot since altar of wishes. Otherwise you could skip the packs and boxes thing and just give all cards away just for creating an account.

LungDrago
11-11-2013, 03:00 PM
I understand a full fledged trade/market system is undesirable, but I still think there needs to be a at least a little shuffling done with the values in the Pit and stuff. I find it very hard to justify sacing the cards for gold only - if there isn't going to be a sweet Pit card in exchange for it. Maybe I don't understand the design, but I would think the gold part is the main purpose of the Pit.
To be honest though, a finished campaign will help the overall progression a lot. Right now, it is a little bit weird - the campaign rewards shower you in both gold and seals; but it comes to a screeching halt all of a sudden, very soon.

EnlightenedOwl
11-11-2013, 03:30 PM
Personally, I'd like to see a significantly harder option in campaign mode for 1500+ players :)

Rhunclaw
11-27-2013, 03:47 PM
Personally, I'd like to see a significantly harder option in campaign mode for 1500+ players :)

yeah thats a big thing i think - they should really expand the lenght of the campaign, so new players can play pve a little more + not everyone wants to pvp 24/7 when he plays (rewards ofc should be relatively low).
they didn't do a bad job making the original campaign decently hard, so i think this could really be a good spot to really step up the game/make it more popular/casual.

donvweel
11-27-2013, 10:09 PM
Coming from Magic the Gathering the fact that this is not a trading game is one of the reasons I like this better. I don't want to play against people who are able to simply buy the most powerful cards in the game just because they have money to burn. The fact that rare cards are random drops levels the playing field and makes games more interesting to play.
Further if you can trade cards you end up playing the same decks all the time as people just copy what they think is a good deck according to what other people say instead of trying to make something unique out of the cards they have.

HansVonMord
11-29-2013, 09:45 PM
The more I think about it, the more I would like to have the Pit changed so that you get wildcards for sacrificing cards. Say a card costs 21 wildcards at the Altar. Make it yield anywhere from 1/2 to 1/10 of it in wildcards in the Pit (and forget the chance to win a card BS). This way there is a good way to get rid of unwanted cards for something that you may actually turn into a good card. Who needs 20 copies of the same stuff? Or five copies of the same unique! I literally drew five gates to nowhere and no other unique spells-- I had to pay for them with wildcards.

HansVonMord
11-29-2013, 09:52 PM
The more I think about it, the more I would like to have the Pit changed so that you get wildcards for sacrificing cards. Say a card costs 21 wildcards at the Altar. Make it yield anywhere from 1/2 to 1/10 of it in wildcards in the Pit (and forget the chance to win a card BS). This way there is a good way to get rid of unwanted cards for something that you may actually turn into a good card. Who needs 20 copies of the same stuff? Or five copies of the same unique! I literally drew five gates to nowhere and no other unique spells-- I had to pay for them with wildcards.

Heck, even 1/20 would be more attractive than gold.

sakulsakul
12-01-2013, 07:05 PM
Trading would kill the game.

Blitz556
12-01-2013, 07:30 PM
That would be far better.

gabusan
01-24-2014, 04:20 PM
Have the "trade system" to work only for those players who bought an "access pass". Ubi would get real money, you would get the cards you need cheaper than with the actual system and new accounts would be useless unless they buy an access pass. Just make sure access pass is expensive so it is not worth it for new accounts, no matter how lucky they got with their initial cards.

perseus7777777
02-24-2014, 08:42 PM
the best way for trading is:all cards have wildcard value,we must have the choise to sacrifise our cards for gold or for wildcards.if you sacrifise the card for wildcard value you take the card you want very much easier.i think is the best way to give a solution in trade situation.sorry for my english:cool:

Kinetic_42
02-24-2014, 09:43 PM
the best way for trading is:all cards have wildcard value,we must have the choise to sacrifise our cards for gold or for wildcards.if you sacrifise the card for wildcard value you take the card you want very much easier.i think is the best way to give a solution in trade situation.sorry for my english:cool:

No way 1:1 WC value would work. Perhaps something a bit more punishing would work though. Like, it only works for the latest expansion (where the ratio for WC are 32:20:x:y), you can only sacrifice Rares and Epics, and they are only worth 2 or 3 WC each in trade. That could be workable.

malkorion
02-24-2014, 11:13 PM
Reading some of these posts... people talking about a marketplace, or a store (khm Altar of Wishes!)

Don't you want all cards served to you on a silver platter?

Premium MMDoC Account - 200$, you get a playset of all the cards.

tjt003
03-10-2014, 07:35 AM
What does everyone think about a trade system that has limits on the rarity and faction/spell school? Every trade would be 1 for 1 and of the same "equal value" and must stay within the same faction or spell school.

Examples:

The only way to get an epic Haven creature would be to trade another epic Haven creature. OR

The only way to get an rare water spell is to trade another rare water spell.

For this, you would not be allowed to trade an Inferno creature for a Sanctuary creature.

This way, you still have a way to trade for some cards you prefer, without completely loading up on one faction or spell school for one hero. The luck of opening packs is still important since you need to open a card of the same faction and level you want.

Thoughts?

Aranarth78
03-15-2014, 04:12 PM
Lots of haters that want the game to die quickly, generating absolutly no revenue, while having to pay devs, designers, artists, servers... :rolleyes:

megafilipe2
09-01-2014, 05:15 PM
Lots of haters that want the game to die quickly, generating absolutly no revenue, while having to pay devs, designers, artists, servers... :rolleyes:

Lol... Dota 2 has a trading system and the game isn't dead, it's actually the most popular game on steam. DoC just have to step their game and implement trading

superktro
09-03-2014, 05:36 AM
level is a bad concept, but 3 cards a month should be implemented and a level 10 would keep the game balanced

Khobai2012
11-30-2014, 10:38 PM
1) trade system adds nothing to the game that wildcards dont already give you. so if they just added more ways to get wildcards it would accomplishe the same thing for way less development resources.

2) devs should be spending their time balancing the game. because balance in standard is an awful mess right now.

Xocturne
03-01-2015, 09:25 AM
A trade system in this game? Absolutely not.

rmcmurtry
04-19-2015, 02:47 AM
I am not for a trade system. What I am for is improving the Inferno Pit.
1. I would like to see commons and uncommons taken out the pit entirely.
2. I would also like to see more cards in the pit as 8 hours is way to long between cards.
3. I would also like to see more favorable odds towards getting cards in the pit.

dale533
04-25-2015, 08:14 PM
I am not for a trade system. What I am for is improving the Inferno Pit.
1. I would like to see commons and uncommons taken out the pit entirely.
2. I would also like to see more cards in the pit as 8 hours is way to long between cards.
3. I would also like to see more favorable odds towards getting cards in the pit.

I am trying to use the pit to get my premium BS1 deck achievement, and so removing commons and uncommons there would hurt me. Otherwise, your other suggestions would be nice.