PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed IV debut gameplay trailer

Wolfmeister1010
03-25-2013, 07:59 PM
As some of you may know, a new gameplay trailer was just released. I personally think it looks great (with my only complaint being that pistols look weak) and I expected the comments section to be filled with positive comments. However, NO ONE seemed excited. All ofthem basically said that it looked good, but so did AC3, and that turned out not very good. Everyone seems very wary of the game. Some even are co plaining about how it doesnt look next gen, here is a quick shoutout to all those idiots:

IT IS IN PRE ALPHA STAGE AND PROBABLY ON PC SO DONT EXPECT IT TO LOOK PERFECT.

Needed to be said....okay, anyway, people are saying that no matter how many new animations and minigames you add to the game, if the CORE of the game stays like how it has been for 4 games, then it will suck.

I personally think that this game will be the saving grace of the series, (i have been sending A LOT of suggestions) but some seem to disagree. What is your take on the game so far?? Thanks guys.

-Wolfmeister

pacmanate
03-25-2013, 08:03 PM
I haven't seen any comments about the graphics being bad.

The only thing getting my hyped for AC4 is the story. In my eyes story > gameplay mechanics. I have full faith in Darby to deliver a good story, its just the mission designers I am wary about.

UrDeviant1
03-25-2013, 08:07 PM
My take on the game so far? New feature look cool and all, but I want to know if the things that were lame/broke in AC3 have been rectified. It's hard to get too hyped when you're more interested in the technicalities and whether or not returning features have been improved (which they drastically needed to be). Take Netherrealm Studios for instance - they are amazing at taking fan feedback on board and also conveying to people in a clear and precise manner how they've actually done so.

ZeSpecter
03-25-2013, 09:00 PM
it looks great and it's the first AC game I've really been looking forward to since Brotherhood.

One thing I kinda disliked was Edward Kenway's hood. It doesn't have that tip-thingy that Altair, Ezio and Connor have/had.
I think it's awesome that he's blonde though lol

Wolfmeister1010
03-26-2013, 12:18 AM
it looks great and it's the first AC game I've really been looking forward to since Brotherhood.

One thing I kinda disliked was Edward Kenway's hood. It doesn't have that tip-thingy that Altair, Ezio and Connor have/had.
I think it's awesome that he's blonde though lol

Yeah I know! Finally a blonde dude. I also sent in a suggestion to ubisoft to add customization of the hood in so we can put the eagle tip on. It is a small thing, but it bothers me too.

tinrisky
03-26-2013, 01:38 AM
None of these describes what I feel. I like it, there are minor things that could change but I'm pre-ordering.

xx-pyro
03-26-2013, 01:41 AM
Agreed with the above, none really describe how I feel. I chose the very excited one, but I'm always a huge skeptic and tend to be a fairly cool minded consumer, so it's not the kind of excitement that makes me scream "OMG WHEN CAN I PLAY DIS GAME GUYSZZZ!!111!11!!??". It's more of a cool excitement that another AC title shows a lot of promise and potential, that I hope it meets. AC3 did well for me in this regard but the world was too empty of content for me to fully enjoy it.

LoyalACFan
03-26-2013, 02:10 AM
We kind of already have this thread, but I'll bite. Black Flag looks good, although GIVE EDWARD SOME DAMM HOLSTERS. I've been ranting about this, it's true, but seriously, it really is distracting and immersion-breaking when my character is running around with items magically stuck to him. That's why I never got the crossbow for Ezio, or put swords on Connor.