PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Analysis.

pacmanate
03-25-2013, 07:14 PM
Seems like most people realise that we still have a lot to learn about this before we go "THIS IS AWESOME", like many did for AC3. Some of you are still doing this, don't know why, you are over hyping yourself. This is my analysis of the trailer.

Same Moveset (little tweaks to combat moveset but come on. He isn't going to move the same as Connor AND Haytham. Take a year out, stop being money *****s, and give him a new style. He doesn't even fit the bulk of Connor to be doing these powerful jumps.)
Same Graphics. Guessing its a PC with "Close to this gen specs". Which basically means, the specs are better and we have crazy AA to filter out all the crap console guys are going to get.
Cities look dull. Havana looks dull colour wise and has this weird aura, the buildings also look too spaced. Kingston looks like an AC3 New York copy/paste.
Exclusive content! Each piece of DLC will house around 6 minutes of extra game time, YAY.
Water. I don't know what to say other than the trailer was watered down with water. People might remember I was sick of AC3's naval marketing, they practically shoved it down our throats because it was new. Now we get a pirate game and the trailer was just full of the freaking stuff! The moving water effects aren't even that good still.

So what did you like about the trailer?

*Cue hate*

Abeonis
03-25-2013, 07:24 PM
You do realise the game isn't due for release for another eight months, during which time they will tidy and tweak and make the game presentable? I'm not surprised the gameplay trailer looks extremely similar to AC3 considering they're using the same engine.

Jexx21
03-25-2013, 07:25 PM
While we shouldn't be getting too hyped up about it, I feel like you are over-dehyping it.

pirate1802
03-25-2013, 07:29 PM
I don't have a problem with 1 and 2.

I don't understand 3

4 doesn't concern me.

5.. I don't understand that either. There was a large amount of water but that is to be expected for a pirate-themed game. There was also fair share of land footage. If someone has that much (metaphorical) hydrophobia he should prolly steer clear of the game altogether, nevermind the trailer.

pacmanate
03-25-2013, 07:31 PM
While we shouldn't be getting too hyped up about it, I feel like you are over-dehyping it.

Nah, just saying what people are overlooking because its so samey.

ACfan443
03-25-2013, 07:33 PM
Not fussed about the first two. I don't think the cities looked dull. Agree with the last two.
You kinda already mentioned all this in the other thread, so I don't know why a new one was needed to be made.

Aphex_Tim
03-25-2013, 07:39 PM
Nah, just saying what people are overlooking because its so samey.

But we expected nothing more. At least i didn't.
We all knew for a while now that ACIV would be running on the same engine as AC3 and Ubi's been working on AC3's sh*tton of animations for over a year.
Why would they wanna do that all over again, especially when the animations are that good?

Also, about the cities looking "dull", we've only caught glimpses of each city so far, we haven't seen the whole thing yet so i really don't think you can already call 'em dull.
To me the cities looked anything but dull so far. Much more colourful than AC3's cities.

sajber00
03-25-2013, 07:40 PM
It wasn't even real gameplay?

Megas_Doux
03-25-2013, 07:42 PM
Seems like most people realise that we still have a lot to learn about this before we go "THIS IS AWESOME", like many did for AC3. Some of you are still doing this, don't know why, you are over hyping yourself. This is my analysis of the trailer.

Same Moveset (little tweaks to combat moveset but come on. He isn't going to move the same as Connor AND Haytham. Take a year out, stop being money *****s, and give him a new style. He doesn't even fit the bulk of Connor to be doing these powerful jumps.)
Same Graphics. Guessing its a PC with "Close to this gen specs". Which basically means, the specs are better and we have crazy AA to filter out all the crap console guys are going to get.
Cities look dull. Havana looks dull colour wise and has this weird aura, the buildings also look too spaced. Kingston looks like an AC3 New York copy/paste.
Exclusive content! Each piece of DLC will house around 6 minutes of extra game time, YAY.
Water. I don't know what to say other than the trailer was watered down with water. People might remember I was sick of AC3's naval marketing, they practically shoved it down our throats because it was new. Now we get a pirate game and the trailer was just full of the freaking stuff! The moving water effects aren't even that good still.

1 I disagree, first because I love Connorīs mechanics, and second since renew the entire moveset really would take a lot of time. Besides Ac2īs Ezio and Altair were the same, no one complained...

2 Well, I kinda agree with you.

3 Hell no!!! La habana looks awesome!

And as for the rest, I am not that excited, however I find this crying a little bit annoying.

tinrisky
03-25-2013, 07:45 PM
What is on Edwards back? He just has a random pipe, and I know people will be mentioning the lack of holsters.

zerocooll21
03-25-2013, 07:46 PM
I guess we see now why they pushed the naval of AC3 so much. They were already developing the game at that point an wanted to get a feel for people's reaction.

AC:3 was the most hyped followed by AC:R. Needs to be scaled back a little.

I really thought with the way they were promoting AC:3 Naval we were going to be able to free roam the see in AC:3. Guess it was just a test for AC:4.

pacmanate
03-25-2013, 07:48 PM
I guess we see now why they pushed the naval of AC3 so much. They were already developing the game at that point an wanted to get a feel for people's reaction.

AC:3 was the most hyped followed by AC:R. Needs to be scaled back a little.

I really thought with the way they were promoting AC:3 Naval we were going to be able to free roam the see in AC:3. Guess it was just a test for AC:4.

Everything is always a test for something haha

sajber00
03-25-2013, 07:56 PM
What is on Edwards back? He just has a random pipe, and I know people will be mentioning the lack of holsters.

Might be a ranged weapon.

TheBearJew32
03-25-2013, 08:03 PM
i agree that second city shown (kingston?), looks like it was literally copied right out of AC3 with different color added to it. I'm going to try and keep my space from this one, maybe get it at target during christmas break when it's 40 bucks...

Abeonis
03-25-2013, 08:05 PM
It's a blow dart pipe.

Megas_Doux
03-25-2013, 08:06 PM
i agree that second city shown (kingston?), looks like it was literally copied right out of AC3 with different color added to it. I'm going to try and keep my space from this one, maybe get it at target during christmas break when it's 40 bucks...

Welll in regards of Kingston, there must be some similarities since it was a british city set only 40 years before AC3 However la Habana looks different, a gorgeous spanish architecture there!

TheHumanTowel
03-25-2013, 08:14 PM
I don't really get the first point. Ezio had the same movement animations as Altair bar a few new moves. I'm sure it'll be the same here. No one complained about that last time.

pacmanate
03-25-2013, 08:17 PM
I don't really get the first point. Ezio had the same movement animations as Altair bar a few new moves. I'm sure it'll be the same here. No one complained about that last time.

I knew someone would say this. I just think that the devs reasoning behind changing the moveset was because Connor was more muscle, could pull off powerful jumps, it made sense. Edward looks way more lean, his structure is more Ezio like. He should have a faster and more fluid way of moving, seeing him do powerful jumps will make me question if he is on steroids.

shobhit7777777
03-25-2013, 08:19 PM
The more I see it and the more it strikes me as "AC3 1.1"

It is basically the same game which addresses the flaws of the previous title....

it takes whatever worked and chucked whatever didn't

Thats a good thing in my books.....but it doesn't offset the AC exhaustion I'm beginning to feel.

Ubisoft...please..for ****s sake...take a break guys...relax...take two-three years off...let us soak in AC4, Watch_Dogs and the other AAA heavy hitters...come up with kickass concepts and then go for the next game. Come on guys..please.

TheHumanTowel
03-25-2013, 08:19 PM
I knew someone would say this. I just think that the devs reasoning behind changing the moveset was because Connor was more muscle, could pull off powerful jumps, it made sense. Edward looks way more lean, his structure is more Ezio like. He should have a faster and more fluid way of moving, seeing him do powerful jumps will make me question if he is on steroids.
I didn't really see that. The jumps looked pretty natural to me. Ezio made some pretty crazy jumps as well in his day.

pacmanate
03-25-2013, 08:23 PM
I didn't really see that. The jumps looked pretty natural to me. Ezio made some pretty crazy jumps as well in his day.

See what?

TheHumanTowel
03-25-2013, 08:25 PM
See what?
See that Edward making powerful jumps would look unnatural? I probably could've worded it better.

hihioups123
03-25-2013, 08:43 PM

*Cue hate*

-I agree on this one (but hell you've seen at least 20 seconds and your already assuming this) and yeah a different running animation could be easily appreciated.

-On that point i'm gonna be quite clear : You can easily see two new things even if it's on PC you can see HDR and ambient lightning(0:51) which gives that jungle moment a beautiful touch like Far cry 3 on PC you can easily see it.There is some texture filturing in the low details models which gives the character.
Oh yeah the 60 fps were quite nice stop .

-Le Havana looks great and going back to the roots and the other city is kinda AC 3 but we'll see what's good in store for us.

-Water diving will be optional so yeah they can't blend it like it's to be something "IMPORTANT"

xx-pyro
03-25-2013, 09:19 PM
God forbid they showcase a pirate sailing on water!