PDA

View Full Version : AC 4 Gameplay Trailer is out!

Pages : 1 [2]

ProletariatPleb
03-26-2013, 12:11 AM
Sid - have you tried using that ubermod, that improves the graphics on just about any game, on the ACs? Annoyingly I can't remember the name of it at the moment, and Google is giving me more Skyrim than I can handle.
You probably mean ENB. The problem with that is, it's game specific, there's a 80% chance it may look okay but screw up something else because it was made for a different game, different lighting sources, different techniques, different skybox. I use something else - SweetFX for my stuff.

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 12:12 AM
As a fan of the series and one who has bought every single AC game I have a RIGHT to voice my opinion, no matter how much it irritates you. I want the best AC game and the best for the series, Black Flag isn't it based on what I've seen.

UbiSoft and the dev team are watering down the series by putting out crap. They have done ruined the "Current Time LIne" to the point that no one cares about it nor does even remotely make sense any more. They are destroying the anscetors time lines by putting out crap assassin's such as Connor and now Edward Kenway.

A Pirate as an assassin? That doesn't even remotely make sense.

You might not like my opinions but I'm **** well going to voice them when I see fit.
But you already said it 5 times already before..."This is just a stupid naval game" and again "This is just a stupid naval game" and again "This is just a stupid naval game" and again "this is just a stupid naval game"

and aren't you the guy who said Connor doesn't fit being an Assassin because he`s native ?? or that was not you ? also, I can vaguely remember you asking ubisoft to end their "cash cow" which is AC, because the last installment was horrible. how is that asking for a better game ? or makes you a fan of AC in any sense ? and btw, you do not have to include cussing in your post...you know...we`re all having a civil discussion here and I said I was not trying to be rude..so that should`v been a hint

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 12:13 AM
Besides the ac 3 cg trailer which gameplay footage was aimed at americans? Cause I don't recall any besides tokw.
The World premier trailer that had Connor saying "Our future depends on those who are truly free with a shot at the US flag"
The 4th of July trailer
The NA story trailer
the Weapons trailer that basically put Connor as a member of the Patriot army (Which was not true for most of the game at least)

Shall I go on ?

UrDeviant1
03-26-2013, 12:14 AM
As a fan of the series and one who has bought every single AC game I have a RIGHT to voice my opinion, no matter how much it irritates you. I want the best AC game and the best for the series, Black Flag isn't it based on what I've seen.

UbiSoft and the dev team are watering down the series by putting out crap. They have done ruined the "Current Time LIne" to the point that no one cares about it nor does even remotely make sense any more. They are destroying the anscetors time lines by putting out crap assassin's such as Connor and now Edward Kenway.

You might not like my opinions but I'm **** well going to voice them when I see fit.

I agree that they botched the modern timeline. But what I'v heard about ACBF, the modern day could be really interesting. Hopefully they'll make it less convoluted so more people can actually understand what the deal is.

TheHumanTowel
03-26-2013, 12:15 AM
I agree that they botched the modern timeline. But what I'v heard about ACBF, the modern day could be really interesting. Hopefully they'll make it less convoluted so more people can actually understand what the deal is.
I'm really hoping BF can redeem the modern day. Bring back the conspiracy and mystery! Lawwwd have mercy.

LoyalACFan
03-26-2013, 12:18 AM
I'm really hoping BF can redeem the modern day. Bring back the conspiracy and mystery! Lawwwd have mercy.

Don't get your hopes up. It sounds to me like they're totally sidelining it. Which is totally fine by me, I stopped caring about the modern plot years ago.

FirestarLuva
03-26-2013, 12:23 AM
Because it was just that, "back then". It didn't really matter until they came out with "Connor needed a new moveset because he was more muscley and bulky". Well in this case, Edward is much leaner and more Ezio in physique, so I think he needs a new moveset.

Well, even though the dev's main reason for a new move set for Connor was because he was taller and bulkier from Altair and Ezio, Desmond and Haytham's move set are very similar to Connor's as well, and they're both much leaner than him, especially Desmond. You can notice a difference when they run; Haytham puts his hand on his sword handle and isn't hunched, Connor's running looks like he's struggling to run as fast as possible but his weight and height are slowing him down, he also hunches his upper body and lowers his head, Desmond's set is like a mix of Haytham's and Connor's. Their fast walk animations are also different, Desmond swings his hands, Haytham again holds the sword handle and Connor clenches both of his fists and doesn't move them.
Even if these are minor differences in animations, it's good to see the devs tried to show they're not the same body-wise. Even if the animations are really re-hashed, Edward could either have Desmond's or Haytham's, since it seems they both suit his physique.
Even so, if the devs had the time to create slightly different move-sets for three characters in AC3, I don't see what would be much of a bother if they at least make a new walk or run animation for Edward, to make him look more unique. But if he has entirely new combat animations, or variations of previous ones to suit his style, I might over-look the lack of innovation in walk/run animations for Edward.
As for the trailer, I liked it, excited even. But the voice-over killed it. Didn't even hear what he was saying. All in all, I hope the story is interesting, and I'm eager to see what kind of character Edward will turn out to be. :3

TheHumanTowel
Don't get your hopes up. It sounds to me like they're totally sidelining it. Which is totally fine by me, I stopped caring about the modern plot years ago.
I'm taking it more that they're going back to AC1 style modern day where's there not much gameplay beyond conversations and reading e-mails and the like. That sort of style suits subtlety and mystery that's been lacking in the modern day recently. And given the quality of AC3's modern missions it's probably for the best they're going back to that style. Until they're ready to put the effort in to actual modern missions stick to the quieter stuff.

UrDeviant1

This is what I'm hoping for. Sounds like they're concentrating on story rather than gameplay. I was a little sceptical at first because of the first person stuff. In an interview, I think it was the creative director said that core fans would be seeking out the lore around from the Abstergo facility. That reminded me of AC1 and that's all good!

Megas_Doux
03-26-2013, 12:26 AM
All ACīs have, more or less, delivered great atmosphere -with the exception of ACB- so if they keep their promises of better and less linear mission design, I will be happy.....

ProletariatPleb
03-26-2013, 12:27 AM
All ACīs have, more or less, delivered great atmosphere -with the exception of ACB- so if they keep their promises of better and less linear mission design, I will be happy.....
and good story.

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 12:29 AM
and good story.
This...it sounds immensely awesome...Chaos (total freedom) or controlled freedom. Maybe this is where the Assassins might have to rethink their Ideology a bit. how total freedom is not heavenly..the possibilities are pretty endless to think about

Spider_Sith9
03-26-2013, 12:31 AM
I miss Connor ._.

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 12:32 AM
I miss Connor ._.
No, please..lets not make the same mistake as the Ezio fans...who hated Connor simply because he was not Ezio....Let Edward be his own man

UrDeviant1
03-26-2013, 12:32 AM
And now we're seeing the Templar perspective up front and personal. I'm expecting all kinds of juicy lore. And if I finally get to meet Alan Rikkin I'm gonna blow a gasket.

Megas_Doux
03-26-2013, 12:33 AM
and good story.

Aye!

I hope ACBF templars do not turn out to be like Brotherhood or AC2 ones.

silvermercy
03-26-2013, 12:33 AM
Well, even though the dev's main reason for a new move set for Connor was because he was taller and bulkier from Altair and Ezio, Desmond and Haytham's move set are very similar to Connor's as well, and they're both much leaner than him, especially Desmond. You can notice a difference when they run; Haytham puts his hand on his sword handle and isn't hunched, Connor's running looks like he's struggling to run as fast as possible but his weight and height are slowing him down, he also hunches his upper body and lowers his head, Desmond's set is like a mix of Haytham's and Connor's. Their fast walk animations are also different, Desmond swings his hands, Haytham again holds the sword handle and Connor clecnhes both of his hands and doesn't move them.
Even if these are minor differences in animations, it's good to see the devs tried to show they're not the same body-wise. Even if the animations are really re-hashed, Edward could either have Desmond's or Haytham's, since it seems they both suit his physique.
Even so, if the devs had the time to create slightly different move-sets for three characters in AC3, I don't see what would be much of a bother if they at least make a new walk or run animation for Edward, to make him look more unique. But if he has entirely new combat animations, or variations of previous ones to suit his style, I might over-look the lack of innovation in walk/run animations for Edward.
As for the trailer, I liked it, excited even. But the voice-over killed it. Didn't even hear what he was saying. All in all, I hope the story is interesting, and I'm eager to see what kind of character Edward will turn out to be. :3
Nice observations on the walk. What I'd like to see would be Edward's DRUNKEN walk - before he became an assassin of course. haha! xD
I liked the trailer, too, except the voice-over. I didn't hear it either. lol The vibrant and vivid colours are great improvements. I hope we see them in the actual game, too.

I miss Connor ._.
Me, too. But it's Edward's turn now (and who knows, we may see some more Connor in the future!)

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 12:34 AM
Aye!

I hope ACBF templars do not turn out to be like Brotherhood or AC2 ones.
hey, we`re the pirates :P

No way that`d happen xD

D.I.D.
03-26-2013, 12:41 AM
You probably mean ENB. The problem with that is, it's game specific, there's a 80% chance it may look okay but screw up something else because it was made for a different game, different lighting sources, different techniques, different skybox. I use something else - SweetFX for my stuff.

SweetFX! That's the one. Thanks!

ProletariatPleb
03-26-2013, 12:43 AM
SweetFX! That's the one. Thanks!
What do you think this is on? :p

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/728927-Assassin-s-Creed-III-PC-color-mod-Forums

rileypoole1234
03-26-2013, 12:45 AM
Lovely :)

ProletariatPleb
03-26-2013, 12:54 AM
Okay I wasn't paying that much attention till now but is it just me or Edward's outfit is very similar to The Sentinel from Revelations?
(Not saying it's a bad thing or something similar)

Jack_Pirate
03-26-2013, 12:55 AM
We do not condone whaling or general debauchery, but we only seek to report history as it is blah blah blah

Ubisoft said that, not I. I am ready to live the pirate dream, arrrr ya with me?

kuled2012
03-26-2013, 12:56 AM
Honestly can't get hyped up, I'm trying but I just can't.

FrankieSatt
03-26-2013, 12:56 AM

I don't know how they can make the current time line work. It's so screwed up I don't think there is any return. Furthermore without Desmond there is no modern time line. Desmond WAS the modern time line, everything revolved around him. Now that he's dead they have to come up with some other reason for the current time line to be relevant again and I don't see that happening.

Furthermore, in the past you now have a Pirate Assassin. Being a Pirate goes against EVERYTHING about the Assassin's including the "Creed". A pirate doesn't care about anything but how much money they accumulate and what their prestige is.

I'm sorry, but I don't see how a modern time line works anymore nor do I see how a pirate works as an Assassin.

Wreaver
03-26-2013, 12:58 AM
Not as hyped as I was for AC2 or AC3, it feels too early for another Assassin's Creed game.

AvK KiNgKoBrA
03-26-2013, 01:06 AM
Not as hyped as I was for AC2 or AC3, it feels too early for another Assassin's Creed game.

I agree they should wait an work on it longer, then again AC3 was in production since Brotherhood so...........

Locopells
03-26-2013, 01:07 AM
I don't know how they can make the current time line work. It's so screwed up I don't think there is any return. Furthermore without Desmond there is no modern time line. Desmond WAS the modern time line, everything revolved around him. Now that he's dead they have to come up with some other reason for the current time line to be relevant again and I don't see that happening.

Furthermore, in the past you now have a Pirate Assassin. Being a Pirate goes against EVERYTHING about the Assassin's including the "Creed". A pirate doesn't care about anything but how much money they accumulate and what their prestige is.

I'm sorry, but I don't see how a modern time line works anymore nor do I see how a pirate works as an Assassin.

The modern day parts go beyond just Desmond - the events he set in motion at the end of AC3 have to be accounted for. As for Pirate vs Assassin, that's half the point of the story, I imagine...

silvermercy
03-26-2013, 01:07 AM

He is a pirate/privateer initially but then trained by assassins obviously. The whole pirate thing could be a faįade for all we know.

I've read a nice article about pirates recently and many times a pirate's life went beyond the stereotypical pirate lifestyle we all know.

FirestarLuva
03-26-2013, 01:17 AM
No, please..lets not make the same mistake as the Ezio fans...who hated Connor simply because he was not Ezio....Let Edward be his own man

I think the Ezio fans (not all of them) are at it again with Edward and AC4, just like poor Connor and AC3. Went to watch the ACBF reveal on youtube a few weeks ago and the top comment: Edward sucks, Ezio will always be the best. TOKW isn't left out either. Same situation with the Infamy trailer; I thought this is AC not native american simulator 2013 (l doubt it would've made it a top comment if the commentator's name wasn't Ezio Auditore), powers, Ubi have lost their way...
Even though I'm bitter that Connor is not coming back yet, I feel really sorry for Edward. Seems like every character will be spat at and criticized by the Ezio fanboys, even if he's exactly like Ezio or the complete opposite of him. I wonder why there aren't any Altair or Connor fans complaining...all my friends who are Connor fans accepted Edward with open arms, even though I find it obvious by the look on their faces they are depressed Connor won't be back...but even so, neither of them have said anything bad about Edward or Black Flag. On the contrary, they hope it will be awesome like AC3.
As for Altair fans, even if Connor's my fav I have a lot of respect for his fanbase, which, even if it isn't as big as Ezio's is at least tolerant and doesn't badmouth every new protagonist...correct me if I'm wrong.

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 01:23 AM
I think the Ezio fans (not all of them) are at it again with Edward and AC4, just like poor Connor and AC3. Went to watch the ACBF reveal on youtube a few weeks ago and the top comment: Edward sucks, Ezio will always be the best. TOKW isn't left out either. Same situation with the Infamy trailer; I thought this is AC not native american simulator 2013 (l doubt it would've made it a top comment if the commentator's name wasn't Ezio Auditore), powers, Ubi have lost their way...
Even though I'm bitter that Connor is not coming back yet, I feel really sorry for Edward. Seems like every character will be spat at and criticized by the Ezio fanboys, even if he's exactly like Ezio or the complete opposite of him. I wonder why there aren't any Altair or Connor fans complaining...all my friends who are Connor fans accepted Edward with open arms, even though I find it obvious by the look on their faces they are depressed Connor won't be back...but even so, neither of them have said anything bad about Edward or Black Flag. On the contrary, they hope it will be awesome like AC3.
As for Altair fans, even if Connor's my fav I have a lot of respect for his fanbase, which, even if it isn't as big as Ezio's is at least tolerant and doesn't badmouth every new protagonist...correct me if I'm wrong.
Even with Edward ? Wow...That`s kinda dumb actually...since Edward is charismatic and has a better sense of humor than Connor apparently...It`s Ubisoft`s fault. They made it seem like Ezio=AC which is absolutely false and BS.

as for the Altair fanbase, you`re right...they accepted Ezio, Connor AND Edward...Awesome people..all of them actually...can`t we just celebrate the fact that all the protagonists are very different individuals ??

silvermercy
03-26-2013, 01:23 AM
Yes, noticed that, too... Ezio this, Ezio that... The AC facebook wall is a nightmare. Altair and Connor fans do not act in the same way. Heck, I'd consider myself a rabid Connor fangirl and I'll still welcome Edward (despite not being very keen initially due to him having some unwelcome features like womanising). The best thing for Ubisoft is to really ignore Ezio fans from now on (even the normal ones unfortunately). The games from now on are for casual gamers, new fans and open-minded hardcore AC fans.

Unless those people are actual dedicated trolls, even in AC XIV they will still complain about assassins not being Ezio. Having a trilogy for him was a mistake in retrospect...

SolidSage
03-26-2013, 01:36 AM
After reading through a good deal of this thread it seems that there are a lot of folks just wanting to get their beach on.
I mean, I get not being hyped but some of the criticism seems really unfair and just not what I would expect from anyone who really appreciated the changes AC bought to gaming culture.

ALL of the games in the series have bought a similar experienc and the quality has always been similar, very high IMO. Yes there are minor changes here and there, some ground is eroded while some is gained, it's give and take thatis to be expected when exploring new concepts.

I've played evy major console release on release and will be playing this one AND have already pre-ordered it (as soon as it was announced for p.o). Why? Because I know what to expect, the same awesome combat story and environmental interaction. Some cool change ups and a continuation of the game changing series that blew a hole in the gaming world with AC1.
This franchise is excellent. Some of the titles don't last as long as others and I do hope for a clear successor to eventually appear, an AC game that comprises all of the best and does it better than all the others, but that's probably gogin to be the one that has co-op for me.

The pace of this franchise is astounding, only matched by COD, and that game is NOT AC quality. While the pace may appear to hhurt the franchise I really think it just comes down to what the individual is capable of consuming.

Who knows, with 3 in the books and 4 about to drop maybe Ubi will fly in the face of fear and start releasing TWO AC titles a year. And I would play them both. Not because I'm an ignorant fan boy but because I appreciate the quality and kind of experience AC gives me. I play some more than others, ACB lasted way longer than 3 for me but I don't have an issue with consumable titles. I do want an AC that I can play over and over and over again like AC1&B but like I said, it will probably have to have co-op.
But who knows, I'm loving the look of 4 and it's original experience additions. It could be the one.

Plus, Edward is a pimp, Naval battles were epic and 4 pistols is right on time :)

Don't worry, be happy.

xx-pyro
03-26-2013, 01:39 AM
Even with Edward ? Wow...That`s kinda dumb actually...since Edward is charismatic and has a better sense of humor than Connor apparently...It`s Ubisoft`s fault. They made it seem like Ezio=AC which is absolutely false and BS.

as for the Altair fanbase, you`re right...they accepted Ezio, Connor AND Edward...Awesome people..all of them actually...can`t we just celebrate the fact that all the protagonists are very different individuals ??

As much as I agree with this statement weren't you one of the people calling Edward an Ezio clone? :mad:

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 01:42 AM
-CUT-.
Yeah I mean, a guy who posts on a thread for future AC titles tells Ubisoft to end the franchise, then comes here and tells me that he wants a better game because he`s a fan of the series...I dunno what fan wants a series he`s a fan of to end....Hypocritical much ? Or do you just want to complain for the sake of complaining ?? I dunno

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 01:42 AM
As much as I agree with this statement weren't you one of the people calling Edward an Ezio clone? :mad:
Will not comment on that....later maybe.:p just not now:rolleyes:

FirestarLuva
03-26-2013, 01:43 AM
Yes, noticed that, too... Ezio this, Ezio that... The AC facebook wall is a nightmare. Altair and Connor fans do not act in the same way. Heck, I'd consider myself a rabid Connor fangirl and I'll still welcome Edward (despite not being very keen initially). The best thing for Ubisoft is to really ignore Ezio fans from now on (even the normal ones unfortunately). The games from now on are for casual gamers, new fans and open-minded hardcore AC fans.

Even in AC XIV they will still complain about assassins not being Ezio. Having a trilogy for him was a mistake in retrospect...

I know right. Altair's and Connor's fans seem to be getting along really well. Usually its, love Ezio, hate Altair and Connor or hate Ezio, love Altair and Connor.
Every single Altair fan I've met hasn't said a bad thing about Connor, but I've heard more than a few say they don't like Ezio, but not in the way Ezio's fans do it. They've coped well with the fact Altair's story is done. Strong and loyal fans if you ask me.
As for Connor's fans, they're coping this change differently, they don't try to hide they're sad Connor is gone, but at least they're not hating on Edward, they really hope they will love him, and their disappointment is kind of acceptable. We all expected the next game will star Connor again. :/

xx-pyro
03-26-2013, 01:44 AM

Well if it ends up being true you'll have the last laugh on me I suppose ha.

FrankieSatt
03-26-2013, 01:45 AM
Let me just state for the record that while Ezio is my favorite assassin I have no problems with Altair. I think he was a very good assasin. Connor did not seem to fit because he never fully embraced the assassin's nor the creed. His only concern was to use his skills to take vengance on his mother's death. While Ezio started out that way he did embrace the brotherhood and the order.

Edward Kenway is a pirate. Why would he even care about the order? He is just like Connor, someone who doesn't "Fit" as an assassin.

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 01:45 AM
Well if it ends up being true you'll have the last laugh on me I suppose ha.
PM;)

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 01:47 AM
Let me just state for the record that while Ezio is my favorite assassin I have no problems with Altair. I think he was a very good assasin. Connor did not seem to fit because he never fully embraced the assassin's nor the creed. His only concern was to use his skills to take vengance on his mother's death. While Ezio started out that way he did embrace the brotherhood and the order.

Edward Kenway is a pirate. Why would he even care about the order? He is just like Connor, someone who doesn't "Fit" as an assassin.
That`s all wrong, sorry....Connor cared for the order so much more than Ezio...maybe at the beginning he cared more about revenge and his people, but he changed and the order became his life..Connor is as much of an Assassin as Altair and Ezio were...even though I shouldnt even put Ezio in the same category as Altair and Connor...Ezio wanted to quit TWICE...

If you think Connor did not care about the Order at some point during the game, then you`re greatly delusional..

Hello ? BECAUSE NO ONE ELSE WILL ??? The Assassins may fight for a thousand years, but we will not stop ??? Hell, just his chase against Lee is proof enough that the Assassins became everything he cared for. Lee was only a Templar now. not the one who burned Connor`s village like before...Connor STILL chasing him around the east coast is proof that the Assassins became HIS LIFE

TheHumanTowel
03-26-2013, 01:47 AM
hmmmmmm

FrankieSatt
03-26-2013, 01:57 AM
That`s all wrong, sorry....Connor cared for the order so much more than Ezio...maybe at the beginning he cared more about revenge and his people, but he changed and the order became his life..Connor is as much of an Assassin as Altair and Ezio were...even though I shouldnt even put Ezio in the same category as Altair and Connor...Ezio wanted to quit TWICE...

If you think Connor did not care about the Order at some point during the same, then you`re greatly delusional..

Having forced myself through the game a second time I stand by my opinion. Please tell me where Connor embraced the order. Sure Ezio wanted to quite, twice, but he didn't. While your at it tell me exactly how Ezio does not belong in the same catagory as Altair and Connor?

Eternal Reward
03-26-2013, 01:58 AM
I failed to see a single shovel beat down in the trailer. I am unhappy.

Eternal Reward
03-26-2013, 02:02 AM
Why can't we just all accept that Ezio, Altair, and Connor were all bad@$$, and were neccsary for the time period they were in.

They were all chosen by TWCB after all.

Legendz54
03-26-2013, 02:05 AM
i failed to see a single shovel beat down in the trailer. I am unhappy.

1:04 _ 1:05 shovels!!!

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 02:05 AM
Having forced myself through the game a second time I stand by my opinion. Please tell me where Connor embraced the order. Sure Ezio wanted to quite, twice, but he didn't. While your at it tell me exactly how Ezio does not belong in the same catagory as Altair and Connor?
"The Assassins may fight for a thousand years, but we will not stop"
"Why do you presist ? even those men you sought to save turned their backs on you. yet you fight, you resist.why ?" what did Connor say ? Because my people ? because revenge ? no he said "Because no one else will" he was the only Assassin left. only him. no one else will stop the Templars in America but him.

Hell, just his chase against Lee is proof enough that the Assassins became everything he cared for. Lee was only a Templar now. not the one who burned Connor`s village like before...Connor STILL chasing him around the east coast is proof that the Assassins became HIS LIFE. Him killing his Father is proof that his devotion to the Assassins was so much stronger. He recruited Assassins, He strengthened their forces around the east coast, he rebuilt the Assassins` Naval force, he hunted the Templars till the very end....even after finding out they had nothing to do with his mother`s death...

Ezio is not in the same category as Altair and Connor, because Ezio never finished his job. he spared Rodrigo. head of the templars, because he grew out of revenge ? **** revenge...he`s an Assassin...his job is to exterminate Templar inlfuence. and he only attacked the Borgias in Rome, because of Cesare killing his Uncle and destroying his town....he fought the Templars in Constantinople, because he wanted the keys...he even mentioned leaving Istanbul after finding all the keys and "be done with these fools" but he only comes back for Sofia...that`s how devoted Ezio was...first time was revenge....second time was revenge...third time was for love and answers...HELL HE RETIRED

xx-pyro
03-26-2013, 02:12 AM
-snipped-

The reason I disagree with this is because I believe there was a lot more of a message in Altair's keys than just the location of his Apple of Eden. Altair lived with regret over what happened to his wife, and I believe that a lot of the message he left behind for (eventually) Ezio was just that- he had done his duty to the Order, and now he could live in peace.

If you're going to use quotes then you can use one of Al Mualim's in AC1- "What is it we Assassin's strive for? Peace, in all things."

Ezio had finally achieved that after doing his duty for the order, and so he chose to give up that way of life. For the record, I don't have a favourite Assassin, although I have hopes that Edward takes the cake.

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 02:15 AM
The reason I disagree with this is because I believe there was a lot more of a message in Altair's keys than just the location of his Apple of Eden. Altair lived with regret over what happened to his wife, and I believe that a lot of the message he left behind for (eventually) Ezio was just that- he had done his duty to the Order, and now he could live in peace.

If you're going to use quotes then you can use one of Al Mualim's in AC1- "What is it we Assassin's strive for? Peace, in all things."

Ezio had finally achieved that after doing his duty for the order, and so he chose to give up that way of life. For the record, I don't have a favourite Assassin, although I have hopes that Edward takes the cake.
It`s how Ezio saw his job to the Assassins. I`m not taking anything away from Ezio`s contribution to the Order, but every-time he went back to the Assassins, he had a personal reason...he stopped fighting Templars, because he had no more reason to..had they killed someone close to him..say his sister, believe me, he would`v continued to fight templars again...

Altair led the Assassins till the very end. his moment of peace was what ? 2 minutes ? Altair basically made the Assassins survive and fight for another day...Ezio just said "**** it...i`m out...that`s enough"

Eternal Reward
03-26-2013, 02:17 AM
It`s how Ezio saw his job to the Assassins. I`m not taking anything away from Ezio`s contribution to the Order, but every-time he went back to the Assassins, he had a personal reason...he stopped fighting Templars, because he had no more reason to..had they killed someone close to him..say his sister, believe me, he would`v continued to fight templars again...

Altair led the Assassins till the very end. his moment of peace was what ? 2 minutes ? Altair basically made the Assassins survive and fight for another day...Ezio just said "**** it...i`m out...that`s enough"

Connor joined because he wanted revenge. And he has the advantage of we don't know what he did later in life.

Dosenwabe
03-26-2013, 02:18 AM
I agree with AssassinM. Ezio didn't choose the Assassin life, he was obviously pretty torn apart for all his life. Despite keep fighting for the order, it was never what he really wanted, but he tried his best, as he said. And finally he just wanted to find a reason to keep on fighting this war, in Masyaf. (in Revelations).

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 02:19 AM
Connor joined because he wanted revenge. And he has the advantage of we don't know what he did later in life.
Yes, each one of them had a reason for joining (barring altair), but who continued the fight for no reason, but for the sake of the Assassins ?? Connor found out that they had nothing to do with his mother`s death, but he went on hunting Templars till the end and judging by Connor`s deleted soliloquy, I don't think he`ll retire being an Assassin

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 02:20 AM
I agree with AssassinM. Ezio didn't choose the Assassin life, he was obviously pretty torn apart for all his life. Despite keep fighting for the order, it was never what he really wanted, but he tried his best, as he said, and finally he just wanted to find a reason to keep on fighting this war, in Masyaf. (in Revelations).
Exactly...He tried finding another reason to fight Templars, but he did not...so he found peace and so retired..

xx-pyro
03-26-2013, 02:20 AM

Ezio had nothing left to give though. Altair had motivation to get rid of Abbas (if that's even his name my memory is shaky right now,) and after that to reform the Assassin's. In Ezio's era, he had rebuilt the order around the Mediterranean and his skills after that age would only begin to slowly diminish, making him of little use to the Assassin's besides being a ceremonial leader- where otherwise they could have a new and fit mentor to carry on the ideals of the order.

Eternal Reward
03-26-2013, 02:23 AM
Yes, each one of them had a reason for joining (barring altair), but who continued the fight for no reason, but for the sake of the Assassins ?? Connor found out that they had nothing to do with his mother`s death, but he went on hunting Templars till the end and judging by Connor`s deleted soliloquy, I don't think he`ll retire being an Assassin

Well, we don't know.

And just because Ezio retired doesn't mean he is any less a great Assassin. He knew that his purpose in life was complete, and he was simply too old to continue on.

Sure, I could see Connor being like Altair and continuing til death, but for Ezio he just wanted to eventually settle down.

He was the only one of the three protagonists that joined the Assassins "late" in his life. Connor joined very young, teen years versus twenty or so is a big change, and Altair was born into it.

Ezio never really chose to be an Assassin. He never really wanted it. But he did it cause he had too. Which is admirable. Just as Connor fighting on even after he learned that the Templars didn't kill his mom was admirable.

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 02:23 AM
Ezio had nothing left to give though. Altair had motivation to get rid of Abbas (if that's even his name my memory is shaky right now,) and after that to reform the Assassin's. In Ezio's era, he had rebuilt the order around the Mediterranean and his skills after that age would only begin to slowly diminish, making him of little use to the Assassin's besides being a ceremonial leader- where otherwise they could have a new and fit mentor to carry on the ideals of the order.
Ezio clearly did have something to give. since Shao Jun came all the way to China to seek his Wisdom...

The motivations of Altair are all SOLELY for the Assassins. nothing personal. Yes, he wanted revenge on Abbas, but he stayed after killing Abbas for the order...nothing else

Eternal Reward
03-26-2013, 02:24 AM

Dang, thats so similar to what I just posted.

Eternal Reward
03-26-2013, 02:25 AM
Ezio clearly did have something to give. since Shao Jun came all the way to China to seek his Wisdom...

The motivations of Altair are all SOLELY for the Assassins. nothing personal. Yes, he wanted revenge on Abbas, but he stayed after killing Abbas for the order...nothing else

And he trained her, reluctantly. I'm sure there were other Assassins that could have trained her just as well.

xx-pyro
03-26-2013, 02:25 AM

He stayed after killing Abbas because it was half his fault of the train wreck state the Assassins were in, so he felt it was his job to reform the order- which he did. After that he just hid away in his library- surely the Assassins could have used his wisdom after that as well? So too could have his family?

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 02:26 AM
Well, we don't know.

And just because Ezio retired doesn't mean he is any less a great Assassin. He knew that his purpose in life was complete, and he was simply too old to continue on.

Sure, I could see Connor being like Altair and continuing til death, but for Ezio he just wanted to eventually settle down.

He was the only one of the three protagonists that joined the Assassins "late" in his life. Connor joined very young, teen years versus twenty or so is a big change, and Altair was born into it.

Ezio never really chose to be an Assassin. He never really wanted it. But he did it cause he had too. Which is admirable. Just as Connor fighting on even after he learned that the Templars didn't kill his mom was admirable.
Like I said, Ezio is not any less of an Assassin...he`s awesome, he`s badass, he`s a damm legend, but saying that Ezio is more devoted than Connor ? Meh...

I LOVE ALL the Assassins and greatly related with ALL of them....They had admirable reasons to fight and great words of wisdom..ALL of them, but Connor being less of an Assassin ?? Nope

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 02:27 AM
He stayed after killing Abbas because it was half his fault of the train wreck state the Assassins were in, so he felt it was his job to reform the order- which he did. After that he just hid away in his library- surely the Assassins could have used his wisdom after that as well? So too could have his family?
Well yes, it`s still for the order xD

Altair actually knew he was dying and was of no more use to the order...his Codex can be looked at as his contribution to the Assassins even further after his death...that Codex basically made Ezio...one of the greatest members of the Assassin order

Eternal Reward
03-26-2013, 02:28 AM
Like I said, Ezio is not any less of an Assassin...he`s awesome, he`s badass, he`s a damm legend, but saying that Ezio is more devoted than Connor ? Meh...

I LOVE ALL the Assassins and greatly related with ALL of them....They had admirable reasons to fight and great words of wisdom..ALL of them, but Connor being less of an Assassin ?? Nope

Well, they are all Assassins. None of them are less than or greater than the other. All of them basically saved the Order, or made it relevant again. All of them basically wiped out the Templar leadership in their area, and beyond. They were all foundational. They are all very different as well.

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 02:29 AM
And he trained her, reluctantly. I'm sure there were other Assassins that could have trained her just as well.
Well yes, imagine if he had remined with the Assassins...how many more apprentices would he have trained ?? and no..none could`v probably trained Jun as well as Ezio..else she wouldn't be all over Asia and Europe fighting Templars and looking for him

Assassin_M
Well, they are all Assassins. None of them are less than or greater than the other. All of them basically saved the Order, or made it relevant again. All of them basically wiped out the Templar leadership in their area, and beyond. They were all foundational. They are all very different as well.
Agreed....mostly anyway...and that`s fine...

Legendz54
http://imageshack.us/a/img29/9223/screenshot20130326at121.png

Looks like they have spiced up the angles to make ship battles look more intense, looks awesome.

monster_rambo
03-26-2013, 02:30 AM
Admit it. No matter how much you complain, all of you are going to get this game. Me included. (sigh)

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 02:31 AM
Admit it. No matter how much you complain, all of you are going to get this game. Me included. (sigh)
This

Megas_Doux
03-26-2013, 02:31 AM
Connor less devoted to the order than Ezio???? tsk tsk tsk tsk.....

Ezio quit two times -not that I blame him-, the first after he reached Monteriggioni and the last one when he said I and quote " I have seen enough for one life". I understand you can like Ezio above the others, cause he is great, but denying Connorīs commitment is just wrong.

monster_rambo
03-26-2013, 02:34 AM
I am still not hyped tho, and will decide to get it after reading enough reviews. But, it looks like the gameplay is more focused this time around, I don't know how underwater gameplay/ hunting is going to be like. Hopefully no QTEs.

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 02:49 AM
I am still not hyped tho, and will decide to get it after reading enough reviews. But, it looks like the gameplay is more focused this time around, I don't know how underwater gameplay/ hunting is going to be like. Hopefully no QTEs.
You shouldn't be hyped. that`s good and waiting for reviews is sane and the right thing to do imo

LoyalACFan
03-26-2013, 02:51 AM

He never even mentioned quitting the Order in ACB... He just thought his current fight was over. When a war ends, the victorious soldiers return home and celebrate all the free time and luxury they're going to have now that they're out of the trenches, but if another threat arises a few years down the road, they return to the battlefield. With Rodrigo left broken by the realization that he wasn't the Prophet, the Italian Templars were effectively scattered and beaten, and Ezio retired to his villa to manage things until another threat needed to be addressed. Little did he know that the Pope's psychotic son had followed him home on a warpath against his father's wishes.

ACB wasn't really about fighting THE Templars, it was about fighting one bloodthirsty lunatic who inherited his ailing father's vast resources and couldn't care less about the Templar worldview... That's the primary reason ACB's story sucked. But nowhere in it did Ezio consider retiring from the Brotherhood. And when he retired, it wasn't just because he was old and bored of fighting Templars; it was because he had witnessed Altair's nearly fanatical devotion to the Order practically destroy his life. He literally witnessed Altair's dying wish; that Darim would flee Masyaf and live out his remaining days happily with his family. The brotherhood Ezio built was strong enough by that point to continue without him, so he took that advice and spent his last few years picking grapes and playing with his kids.

Don't get me wrong, I love all of them; Altair, Ezio, Haytham, and Connor. But writing off Ezio's massive contributions to the Order as accidental results of his personal vendetta is way off-base.

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 02:56 AM
But writing off Ezio's massive contributions to the Order as accidental results of his personal vendetta is way off-base.
I never actually did that...look here

I LOVE ALL the Assassins and greatly related with ALL of them. They all greatly contributed to the order and made it stronger....They had admirable reasons to fight and great words of wisdom..ALL of them, but Connor being less of an Assassin ?? Nope:)

Gi1t
03-26-2013, 02:58 AM
Well, it's a gameplay TRAILER, so the feel of the gameplay is still a mystery, but I still see some good things here. The environments look pretty intriguing and although the lighting looks a bit high-contrast, it's not too bad. I like that I'm not seeing a bunch of garbage around the environments, even in populated areas meant to look 'real'. XD The locations look like they had a primary concept behind them.

Still nothing on Edward's character really.

The freeroaming nature of the games still seems VERY evident. At a glance, it looks like they really may have gone full Windwaker with the overworld, which would be outstanding. :)

Although the fancy kill animations don't interest me, I do think it would be cool if the one where he deflected one target, took out another and then when the first target came back, stabbed him proved to be a controllable developent in the combat where, in place of the kill-streaks, you had a controlled ability to fluidly move from target to target without going into a series of automatic animations.

I still wonder how they'll handle the water. When in full gear, you can swim, I see, and you can dive in the open ocean, but how do they restrict your movement in those circumstances? How far off shore can you swim when you dive off the coast of an island? And how much space do you have when diving in the open ocean? More to the point, how do they create those boundaries? You won't have the King of Red Lions to stop you and tell you you're going the wrong way. :D

LoyalACFan
03-26-2013, 03:00 AM
I never actually did that...look here
:)

You posted that as I was working on my little Ezio-defending rage essay... The last post of yours I saw was the one I quoted.

THAT'S CHEATING DAMMIT :nonchalance:

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 03:18 AM
You posted that as I was working on my little Ezio-defending rage essay... The last post of yours I saw was the one I quoted.

THAT'S CHEATING DAMMIT :nonchalance:
:p you`re slow

pirate1802
03-26-2013, 03:20 AM

Boy.. am I glad you're not the one writing the story of these games.. Probably would just show wealthy and noble/kind-hearted Arabs and Italians with Assassin father/mothers. Rest don't make sense.

*bows down and thanks the heavens*

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 03:26 AM
Boy.. am I glad you're not the one writing the story of these games.. Probably would just show wealthy and noble/kind-hearted Arabs and Italians with Assassin father/mothers. Rest don't make sense.

I don't think he gets that this is a vital part of the conflict in the story...then again he did say that Connor is not devoted to the order which is dead wrong..

Jack_Pirate
03-26-2013, 03:27 AM

To the plank with FrankieSatt!

LoyalACFan
03-26-2013, 03:29 AM
:p you`re slow

My right hand is in a cast :nonchalance:

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 03:31 AM
My right hand is in a cast :nonchalance:
**** me

I`m sorry :|

Eternal Reward
03-26-2013, 03:31 AM
Connor less devoted to the order than Ezio???? tsk tsk tsk tsk.....

Ezio quit two times -not that I blame him-, the first after he reached Monteriggioni and the last one when he said I and quote " I have seen enough for one life". I understand you can like Ezio above the others, cause he is great, but denying Connorīs commitment is just wrong.

Well, we don't actually know what Connor does later in life. For all we know he could become a Templar.

pirate1802
03-26-2013, 03:33 AM
Well, we don't actually know what Connor does later in life. For all we know he could become a Templar.

So he finally sees sense? Amen to that!

LoyalACFan
03-26-2013, 03:33 AM
**** me

I`m sorry :|

Lol, don't worry about it. I'm getting it taken off on Wednesday, so I'll once again be able to type and play video games without sucking :p

SolidSage
03-26-2013, 03:39 AM
Hey, anyone who is dissing ANY of my boys can go do a leap of faith into a rockpile ;)

Altair
Ezio
Connor
Edward

Different Assassin's for different periods and states of the Order. Does the President today have that much in common with the earliest Presidents? Other than being in charge? People come into walks of life from very different approaches sometimes.

Let's use Actors as an example. Some start their careers as children and become great. Others start late in life and also become great.

Sooooo, Altair is like Omar Sharif, Ezio is like Tom Cruise, Connor is like Dwayne Johnson and Edward is like Kevin Costner.
(for example).
ALL awesome in their own right. Maybe some could be considered greater than others (maybe), but that greatness should not detract from the commitment and achievements the others have made.

And anyone having issues with the Pirate malarchey must already have forgotten their Creed, "nothing is true, EVERYTHING is permitted".
Or something like that, I can't remember, I wasn't really paying attention ;)

projectpat06
03-26-2013, 03:40 AM
Looks great. I hope we can dual wield more than just the two swords. They almost look awkward compared to the knife and sword combo. I think the one thing I'm a little iffy on is Edward's attire. For one, his hood doesn't have the beak like all the other assassins. I also feel weird running around as a hooded pirate when sailing the boat so I hope we can throw back the hood whenever. I also hope we get some awesome pirate and captain outfits. Overall though, it's just hard to beat Connor's robes. The colonial jacket with small native american details was genius.

pirate1802
03-26-2013, 03:42 AM
"nothing is true, EVERYTHING Good is permitted".
Or something like that, I can't remember, I wasn't really paying attention ;)

That's the actual creed ;)

Because the Assassins are the kool kids. Can't tarnish their image by associating them even remotely to something bad now, can we?

Eternal Reward
03-26-2013, 03:44 AM
Tom Cruise......

.....ALL awesome in their own right.

No.

SolidSage
03-26-2013, 03:45 AM
I get lucky sometimes.

Because the Assassins are the kool kids. Can't tarnish their image by associating them even remotely to something bad now, can we?
You mean besides Assassinating people and pickpocketing and beating up hobo's and stabbing their two timing evil girlfriend? ;)

Eternal Reward
03-26-2013, 03:45 AM

Seriously.....its not like they held back hundreds of years of technology, hoarded secrets that could have saved millions, or halted progress simply because their vendetta against the Templars....

All they have going for them is the tend to look and act bad@$$ and their pretty good at parkour.

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 03:46 AM

Even Altair misunderstood it and used it like a Kid....

I`d imagine Eddy starts as "Oh hey cool, you guys saying everything is permitted ? Awesome"

SolidSage
03-26-2013, 03:47 AM
No.
Never seen Outsiders huh? Risky business? Collateral? Legend? Last Samurai?

Timeaus
03-26-2013, 03:48 AM
Its seemed as though they didn't try to hype this game as much as they did with AC3 with that stupid Unlock the trailer crap from last year which is good. Trailer looks good with better graphics, lighting, particle effects, good looking environment, and new gameplay mechanics. But that doesn't matter if they are not going to utilize them in the core mission like they did with AC3 by making the game way too linear. And The KEY is more opened missions, give more freedom with the mission instead restricting them and thats how you utilize the new gameplay mechanics to the fullest.
On a side note maybe they should with ACV they should flip the assassin creed logo and make that the five that would be kinda cool. Just a thought :)

SolidSage
03-26-2013, 03:48 AM
and their pretty good at parkour.
Seriously! :)

Eternal Reward
03-26-2013, 03:49 AM
Never seen Outsiders huh? Risky business? Collateral? Legend? Last Samurai?

I have. Tom Cruise still should not be the same sentence as the word awesome, unless a negative like not is in front of it.

Eternal Reward
03-26-2013, 03:50 AM
Even Altair misunderstood it and used it like a Kid....

I`d imagine Eddy starts as "Oh hey cool, you guys saying everything is permitted ? Awesome"

Its not as if Pirates were known for killing people horribly for fun, raping, stealing, torturing, or just burning sh!t up cause why not?

Oh wait....

SolidSage
03-26-2013, 03:51 AM
I have. Tom Cruise still should not be the same sentence as the word awesome, unless a negative like not is in front of it.
Fair enough.
I couldn't honestly say he didn't make or star in awesome movies though. Might make a pretty good Ezio. Anyway, getting OT, not trying to get into an argument. (But for realz, not even Risky Business?? Really for realz?)

Hi diddly dee it's a Pirates life for me.

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 03:53 AM
Its not as if Pirates were known for killing people horribly for fun, raping, stealing, torturing, or just burning sh!t up cause why not?

Oh wait....
but that`s the whole idea behind the conflict

projectpat06
03-26-2013, 03:55 AM
You can also def see some of the influence that has carried over from Far Cry 3's team with the lush jungles and underwater gameplay. Looks gorgeous. I hope the uncharted islands we get to explore isn't just small missions where we can't go back to after completing them. Just saying.

Eternal Reward
03-26-2013, 03:56 AM
Fair enough.
I couldn't honestly say he didn't make or star in awesome movies though. Might make a pretty good Ezio.

I haven't actually seen Risky Business, I will admit.

I always thought this man would make a good Ezio.....

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/002/598/The-Most-Interesting-Man-in-the-World.jpg

I mean, if he's the most interesting man in Sophia's life, why not all of ours?

Or Mr. Crowe here....

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lz4mg2iAMq1qm9bnyo1_500.jpg

Eternal Reward
03-26-2013, 03:57 AM
but that`s the whole idea behind the conflict

Oh course.....freedom to rape, kill, and steal......

Brought to you by the Assassins since the world began...,

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 03:59 AM
Oh course.....freedom to rape, kill, and steal......

Brought to you by the Assassins since the world began...,
*facepalm*

Eternal Reward
03-26-2013, 04:00 AM
*facepalm*

I totally missed your point didn't I?

Dammit.....

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 04:06 AM
I totally missed your point didn't I?

Dammit.....
The point of the game is to show you a different side. Vulnerability of the Assassins Ideals. How it can be twisted and turned. we saw it with a bit of arrogance with Altair and now we see it as selfishness and hunger for riches with Edward. He`ll soon change and understand what the Creed is and the difference between Chaotic anarchy and the freedom that the Assassins truly fight for and it`ll have a much greater impact in terms of character development

I may have spoiled the entire game :|

jenyto
03-26-2013, 04:38 AM
I may have spoiled the entire game :|

It's not really hard to imagine those changes of moral to be honest.

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 04:49 AM
It's not really hard to imagine those changes of moral to be honest.
Thank You. my conscience is clear :|

dAnNyKiLlZ
03-26-2013, 04:54 AM
the only thing i can really say im happy about is the visuals, which are beautiful.
sorry guys, no offense but the game looks boring :S
same old naval combat like AC3 and a small city which looked really vacant too me except for the couple soldiers he was killing.
idk but i think this game is going to be repetitive and get boring quickly. not excited.
i sincerely hope I am wrong though, ill prob wait till this game is on sale or something, doesnt look like a 60$ game.

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 04:59 AM
a small city which looked really vacant too
What did you base that on ? Got a map ? Show me please

doesnt look like a 60$ game.
and what did you base THAT on ? i`m curious

I-Like-Pie45
03-26-2013, 05:05 AM
Since Havana was historically larger than colonial New York and Boston, it will obviously be the most vacant AC city ever. :rolleyes:

monster_rambo
03-26-2013, 05:05 AM
the only thing i can really say im happy about is the visuals, which are beautiful.
sorry guys, no offense but the game looks boring :S
same old naval combat like AC3 and a small city which looked really vacant too me except for the couple soldiers he was killing.
idk but i think this game is going to be repetitive and get boring quickly. not excited.
i sincerely hope I am wrong though, ill prob wait till this game is on sale or something, doesnt look like a 60$ game.

I wouldn't place any judgement just from looking at the trailer. Trailers tend to be misleading. Does anyone know if all the islands have a free-roam option or are they linear?

SolidSage
03-26-2013, 05:06 AM
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/002/598/The-Most-Interesting-Man-in-the-World.jpg
In all honesty, why not? He'd probably do a really good older Ezio. Bit of CG and we're off to the races.

I can't see Crowe myself.

we saw it with a bit of arrogance with Altair and now we see it as selfishness and hunger for riches with Edward. He`ll soon change and understand what the Creed is and the difference between Chaotic anarchy and the freedom that the Assassins truly fight for and it`ll have a much greater impact in terms of character development
Or he might still evolve but use the Creed for his own agenda, like Al.
And get richer...and drunker...

monster_rambo
03-26-2013, 05:07 AM
Since Havana was historically larger than colonial New York and Boston, it will obviously be the most vacant AC city ever. :rolleyes:

They could have a mixture of dense regions and sparse regions like Rome. I am not sure what Havana looks like.

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 05:08 AM
and the size of Boston and NY was not even Historically accurate..they were 3:1 to their real life counter parts...if Havana was larger than the historical NY and Boston, then you can still bet it`ll be AT LEAST the size of In-game Boston and NY...if not larger

pirate1802
03-26-2013, 05:10 AM
I'll officially call Havana La Habana from now on. Seems so much classier and.. sexier. :D

Anywho, we just got a sneak peak at the cities people, a coastal area with the Cathedral for La Habana and a rural area for Kingston. those who are deducing the entire city size and population density by those sneak peak, you must have some really good deduction skills. Apply for Scotland yard.

dAnNyKiLlZ
03-26-2013, 05:24 AM
lol the 60$ thing was just my opinion so you're definitely right i have no proof of that. we could all put our own price tags on what we believe its worth. what i meant was that i rather wait a month or two till the price drops (around black friday) since i have been starting to lose interest in the campaign

now for the vacancy of the islands, i was talking more about the population. im not sure how many cities they showed in the trailer but I mean cmon M I'm pretty sure you're an astute observer, every time they showed the cities they just looked so empty.. clearly I cant base the whole game off this trailer and if the population is less than New York's or Boston's then I'm sure its historically accurate, but in terms of gameplay IF the cities are pretty empty, wouldn't that affect the gameplay??

im not just trying to make up crap or something, im seriously trying to analyze but every time they showed the glimpses of the cities for 1 or 2 seconds it looks like they were very few people just scattered around. anyway, what do you guys think about the game? i was just basing this off my perception of the trailer, this wasn't meant as an attack against the game. im just wondering if there was a dense population, why wouldnt they show it?

Rugterwyper32
03-26-2013, 05:31 AM
Well, La Habana is the name in Spanish and it's a city of Spanish origin, so that works. But yeah, probably the city I'm looking forward to the most. Spanish Colonial architecture is beautiful, and I'm sure it'll be an impressive location. With ACR's artist on board, it'll definitely be great.
I think Kingston will feel like a polished version of Boston and New York, and it'll probably look prettier because of the art design and the such. I have the feeling it won't be the most amazing thing ever, but it'll work really well

mhg87
03-26-2013, 05:42 AM
Havana should be cool, plus I get to say this:

"Hey dad, you were born in Havana is this what It looked like back in the 1700s?"

LoyalACFan
03-26-2013, 06:38 AM
Havana should be cool, plus I get to say this:

"Hey dad, you were born in Havana is this what It looked like back in the 1700s?"

Oh snap :p

It's OK, I said something similar to my dad with Boston.

pirate1802
03-26-2013, 06:39 AM
Oh snap :p

It's OK, I said something similar to my dad with Boston.

Wish I can one day say something similar about my cities. :D

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 06:46 AM
Wish I can one day say something similar about my cities. :D
I did it with Damascus and Acre :D

Grandma and Grandad...god rest their souls....Grandma watched AC I with me till the end:)

ArabianFrost
03-26-2013, 06:59 AM

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/728927-Assassin-s-Creed-III-PC-color-mod-Forums

1:04 _ 1:05 shovels!!!

Shovels are the new brooms.

roostersrule2
03-26-2013, 07:33 AM
Looks tank.

Aphex_Tim
03-26-2013, 09:35 AM
Back on the Uncharted topic by the way, i just noticed one of the pre-order exclusive missions has the following description: "Sacrificed Secrets: Recover Captain Drake’s lost treasures, including golden flintlocks and cutlass when exploring the exotic island of Sacrifices."

Sir Francis Drake perhaps?

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 09:38 AM
Back on the Uncharted topic by the way, i just noticed one of the pre-order exclusive missions has the following description: "Sacrificed Secrets: Recover Captain Drake’s lost treasures, including golden flintlocks and cutlass when exploring the exotic island of Sacrifices."

Sir Francis Drake perhaps?
there`s also a Drake outfit bonus outfit in one of the pre orders....I safely say it`s THE Francis Drake

roostersrule2
03-26-2013, 09:41 AM
there`s also a Drake outfit bonus outfit in one of the pre orders....I safely say it`s THE Francis DrakeI've never played Uncharted (Although I watched a walkthrough) but is that the guy they're always looking for, or his treasure?

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 09:43 AM
I've never played Uncharted (Although I watched a walkthrough) but is that the guy they're akways looking for, or his treasure.
Not in UC2 they`re not...just UC 1 and partially 3

(UC 2 was Marco Pollo)

Aphex_Tim
03-26-2013, 09:43 AM
I've never played Uncharted (Although I watched a walkthrough) but is that the guy they're always looking for, or his treasure?

Pretty much. At least in the first and third game.
Uncharted's protagonist always claims to be a descendant of mr. Drake.

Edit: And M beat me to it yet again. :p

roostersrule2
03-26-2013, 09:44 AM
Thanks.

pirate1802
03-26-2013, 09:59 AM
I've never played Uncharted (Although I watched a walkthrough) but is that the guy they're always looking for, or his treasure?

And I thought I was the only person in this multiverse who hadn't played UC.

roostersrule2
03-26-2013, 10:00 AM
And I thought I was the only person in this multiverse who hadn't played UC.I haven't got a PS3, was gonna get one then thought nahhhh next gen is almost here.

ProletariatPleb
03-26-2013, 10:01 AM
And I thought I was the only person in this multiverse who hadn't played UC.
You are not alone, arkadashim.

silvermercy
03-26-2013, 10:04 AM
If you haven't played Uncharted you life is incomplete. And it gets better with each game sequel. Latest was absolu-freaking-brilliant.

pirate1802
03-26-2013, 10:16 AM
If you haven't played Uncharted you life is incomplete. And it gets better with each game sequel. Latest was absolu-freaking-brilliant.

Gift me a PS3 then and complete my life? <3

ArabianFrost
03-26-2013, 11:10 AM

Really? Apart from the over-the-top, mumbo-jumbo narrative, the games are horribly repetitive. If you haven't played Uncharted it sort of goes like this: Puzzle, conveniently placed enemies behind cover, EXPLOSIONS, Puzzle, conveniently placed enemies, MOAR EXPLOSIVES....... then rinse and repeat. Barely managed to play the game for more than 2 continuous hours. And people call AC1 repetitive.

ProletariatPleb
03-26-2013, 11:11 AM
Really? Apart from the over-the-top, mumbo-jumbo narrative, the games are horribly repetitive. If you haven't played Uncharted it sort of goes like this: Puzzle, conveniently placed enemies behind cover, EXPLOSIONS, Puzzle, conveniently placed enemies, MOAR EXPLOSIVES....... then rinse and repeat. Barely managed to play the game for more than 2 continuous hours. And people call AC1 repetitive.
Why have you quoted me? 0_o

ArabianFrost
03-26-2013, 11:13 AM
Why have you quoted me? 0_o

Ubisoft like to offer people crappy forum service when on a phone. It's not in my intention to quote all of you.

silvermercy
03-26-2013, 11:27 AM
Gift me a PS3 then and complete my life? <3
There ya go! XD
http://www.gazzetta.gr/sites/default/files/imagecache/multimedia_normal/article/2012_09/ps3-slim-3456_625___.jpg

silvermercy
03-26-2013, 11:28 AM
Um okay... That's why it became platinum...

silvermercy
03-26-2013, 11:31 AM

Uncharted 3 Awards:
1.Spike Best PS3 Game
2.Spike Best Graphics
3.IGN Best PS3 Game
4.IGN Best PS3 Graphics
5.IGN Best PS3 Sound
6.CheatCC Overall GOTY
7.CheatCC Best Action/Adventure
8.CheatCC Best Graphics
9.CheatCC Best Multiplayer
10.CheatCC Best Sound
11.CheatCC Best Male Character
12.RegHardware Overall GOTY
13.GamesBeat Overall GOTY
14.GamePro Best Male Performance
15.GamesRadar Fanboy Award Best PS3 Exclusive
16.GamesRadar "Cutscenes We Actually Want To Watch" Award
17.GamesRadar "BFF Best Sidekick Award (Sully)"
18.Play-Mag Overall GOTY
19.PSU Best PS3 Exclusive
20.PSU Best Action/Adventure Game
21.Edge Best Visual Design
22.Mediakick Overall GOTY
23.Mediakick Best PS3 Game
24.Mediakick Best Visuals
25.Mediakick Best Action/Adventure
26.GameTrailers Best Third-Person Shooter
27.OPM UK Overall GOTY
28.ShopToNews Overall GOTY
29.PSLifeStyle Overall GOTY
30.PSLifeStyle Best PS3 Exclusive
31.LazyGamer Best PS3 Exclusive
32.GamingRevolution Best PS3 Exclusive
33.IGA Best Cinematography
34.Metacritic Best PS3 Exclusive
35.VGChartz Best Third-Person Shooter (Readers choice aswell)
36.VGChartz Best PS3 Graphics
37.VGChartz Best PS3 Game (Only Readers Choice)
38.GoozerNation Overall GOTY
39.GameTrailers Best Graphics
40.DigitalTrends Best PS3 Exclusive
41.PSUni Overall GOTY (Peoples choice)
42.GameTrailers Best Platform Exclusive
43.GameTrailers Best Singleplayer Campaign
44.GameTrailers Best PS3 Game
45.GameTrailers Overall Game of the Year
46.GotGame Overall Game of the Year
47.GameSpot Best PS3 Game (Readers choice)
48.TheDarkPodcast Best Set Piece Moment
49.TheDarkPodcast Best 3D Graphics
50.TheDarkPodcast Best Graphics
51.TheDarkPodcast Best Story
52.TheDarkPodcast Best PS3 Exclusive
53.TheDarkPodcast Overall Game of the Year

ProletariatPleb
03-26-2013, 11:33 AM
^Most if not all of them talk about Action stuff, a thing best left to Hollywood.

silvermercy
03-26-2013, 11:33 AM
^Most if not all of them talk about Action stuff, a thing best left to Hollywood.
Why is Hollywood bad? I love Hollywood.

ProletariatPleb
03-26-2013, 11:36 AM
Why is Hollywood bad? I love Hollywood.
I never said that, what I'm saying is, let hollywood do their job and let the games industry do their job, they don't need to be each other.

silvermercy
03-26-2013, 11:38 AM
I never said that, what I'm saying is, let hollywood do their job and let the games industry do their job, they don't need to be each other.
I don't see why these two have to be separate? Based on the sales, apparently a lot of people like the "Hollywood feel" in their games. I'm one of them. People who don't like it should not buy those games, it's not marketed to them.

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 11:40 AM
I don't see why these two have to be separate? Based on the sales, apparently a lot of people like the "Hollywood feel" in their games. I'm one of them. People who don't like it should not buy those games, it's not marketed to them.
then bye bye AC:(

ArabianFrost
03-26-2013, 11:44 AM
Uncharted 3 Awards:
1.Spike Best PS3 Game
2.Spike Best Graphics
3.IGN Best PS3 Game
4.IGN Best PS3 Graphics
5.IGN Best PS3 Sound
6.CheatCC Overall GOTY
7.CheatCC Best Action/Adventure
8.CheatCC Best Graphics
9.CheatCC Best Multiplayer
10.CheatCC Best Sound
11.CheatCC Best Male Character
12.RegHardware Overall GOTY
13.GamesBeat Overall GOTY
14.GamePro Best Male Performance
15.GamesRadar Fanboy Award Best PS3 Exclusive
16.GamesRadar "Cutscenes We Actually Want To Watch" Award
17.GamesRadar "BFF Best Sidekick Award (Sully)"
18.Play-Mag Overall GOTY
19.PSU Best PS3 Exclusive
20.PSU Best Action/Adventure Game
21.Edge Best Visual Design
22.Mediakick Overall GOTY
23.Mediakick Best PS3 Game
24.Mediakick Best Visuals
25.Mediakick Best Action/Adventure
26.GameTrailers Best Third-Person Shooter
27.OPM UK Overall GOTY
28.ShopToNews Overall GOTY
29.PSLifeStyle Overall GOTY
30.PSLifeStyle Best PS3 Exclusive
31.LazyGamer Best PS3 Exclusive
32.GamingRevolution Best PS3 Exclusive
33.IGA Best Cinematography
34.Metacritic Best PS3 Exclusive
35.VGChartz Best Third-Person Shooter (Readers choice aswell)
36.VGChartz Best PS3 Graphics
37.VGChartz Best PS3 Game (Only Readers Choice)
38.GoozerNation Overall GOTY
39.GameTrailers Best Graphics
40.DigitalTrends Best PS3 Exclusive
41.PSUni Overall GOTY (Peoples choice)
42.GameTrailers Best Platform Exclusive
43.GameTrailers Best Singleplayer Campaign
44.GameTrailers Best PS3 Game
45.GameTrailers Overall Game of the Year
46.GotGame Overall Game of the Year
47.GameSpot Best PS3 Game (Readers choice)
48.TheDarkPodcast Best Set Piece Moment
49.TheDarkPodcast Best 3D Graphics
50.TheDarkPodcast Best Graphics
51.TheDarkPodcast Best Story
52.TheDarkPodcast Best PS3 Exclusive
53.TheDarkPodcast Overall Game of the Year

And I couldn't care less. I'm more into tactical games, so it doesn't concern me much, though I must say that even for an action game, Uncharted fell short for me.

silvermercy
03-26-2013, 11:47 AM
And I couldn't care less. I'm more into tactical games, so it doesn't concern me much, though I must say that even for an action game, Uncharted fell short for me.
Okay, that's your opinion. We don't share it, but that's fine.

ArabianFrost
03-26-2013, 11:50 AM
Okay, that's your opinion. We don't share it, but that's fine.

Yes.

ProletariatPleb
03-26-2013, 12:01 PM
Why does it matter you ask? because AC was not a "hollywood" game they made it and those casuals should find their own media to plague or stick to CoD.

silvermercy
03-26-2013, 12:06 PM
Why does it matter you ask? because AC was not a "hollywood" game they made it and those casuals should find their own media to plague or stick to CoD.
You assume only AC casuals would like a hollywood game. I'm hardcore AC fan and I'd totally welcome it. I'd prefer it actually.

edit: there's also a Hollywood AC film coming. People who don't like this sort, should stay away from that, too.

ProletariatPleb
03-26-2013, 12:08 PM
You assume only AC casuals would like a hollywood game. I'm hardcore AC fan and I'd totally welcome it. I'd prefer it actually.
Doesn't say much considering AC is a casual franchise now. No difficulty, no skills involved.

silvermercy
03-26-2013, 12:09 PM
Doesn't say much considering AC is a casual franchise now. No difficulty, no skills involved.
Well, I don't have a problem with it. AC is more about story anyway.

ProletariatPleb
03-26-2013, 12:09 PM
Then why did they **** AC3's story up? lol

silvermercy
03-26-2013, 12:10 PM
Then why did they **** AC3's story up? lol
I loved AC3 story. :|
lol

SixKeys
03-26-2013, 12:15 PM

And Hollywood is so well-known for its quality stories. :rolleyes:

Aphex_Tim
03-26-2013, 12:16 PM
The thing with Uncharted is that it's all about the cinematic experience and the Uncharted series does that extremely well.
While a lot of events from these games may be scripted it makes you feel like it isn't. To me at least.

ProletariatPleb
03-26-2013, 12:17 PM
Nailed it.

silvermercy
03-26-2013, 12:17 PM
Why does it matter if people actually enjoy it? So Schindler's List was not a quality story?

ProletariatPleb
03-26-2013, 12:18 PM
Why does it matter if people actually enjoy it? So Schindler's list was not quality story?
because we need to have standards otherwise we'll never have any progress and industry will be stagnant?

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 12:19 PM
Games are not movies...nuff said...EVERYBODY SHUT UP AND GO TO SLEEP

silvermercy
03-26-2013, 12:20 PM
because we need to have standards otherwise we'll never have any progress and industry will be stagnant?
Standards are subjective. In Hollywood and everywhere else.
(I have seen a great amount of quality Hollywood films anyway.)

ProletariatPleb
03-26-2013, 12:20 PM
Games are not movies...nuff said...
^What he said, games are not movies, if you want movies you're trying it in the wrong media.

silvermercy
03-26-2013, 12:21 PM
Games are not movies...nuff said...EVERYBODY SHUT UP AND GO TO SLEEP
We should stick to TRUE games like pac-man then.

silvermercy
03-26-2013, 12:22 PM
^What he said, games are not movies, if you want movies you're trying it in the wrong media.
^ And Tetris...

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 12:22 PM
That`s childish....be rational....should we have stuck to silent movies then ?? come now

silvermercy
03-26-2013, 12:23 PM
That`s childish....be rational....should we have stuck to silent movies then ?? come now
I'm only going by the subjective logic here!

UrDeviant1
03-26-2013, 12:23 PM
AC is a sandbox game. Save the linearity of scripted Hollywood moments to games like Tomb Raider and Uncharted. Obviously they are still good games too though.

ProletariatPleb
03-26-2013, 12:24 PM
And what exactly is wrong with pacman and tetirs now?

Thing is, you can have good gameplay with story - Bioshock, Dishonored. AC isn't that anymore, it's become a mediocre series led by cutscenes everywhere, even had to kill like 3 people in cutscenes in III. Cutscenes can make a completely ****ty story look good.

silvermercy
03-26-2013, 12:25 PM
And what exactly is wrong with pacman and tetirs now?

Thing is, you can have good gameplay with story - Bioshock. AC isn't that anymore, it's become a mediocre series led by cutscenes everywhere, even had to kill like 3 people in cutscenes in III. Cutscenes can make a completely ****ty story look good.
Nothing wrong with pac-man or Tetris. Love them. :) Bioshock, too. Dishonored I simply adored. In fact, I'd say Bioshock and Dishonored gave a Hollywood feel to me. So if AC goes that route I'll welcome it.

ProletariatPleb
03-26-2013, 12:30 PM
Nothing wrong with pac-man or Tetris. Love them. :) Bioshock, too. Dishonored I simply adored. In fact, I'd say Bioshock and Dishonored gave a Hollywood feel to me. So if AC goes that route I'll welcome it.
Funny because those two games had gameplay as opposed to AC.

silvermercy
03-26-2013, 12:37 PM
Funny because those two games had gameplay as opposed to AC.
The difference I saw between those and AC was that these games had less limitations, they dealt with supernatural or alternate reality science fiction elements. Also, they were very colourful despite the "darkness" theme and had a lot of variety in gameplay. I actually prefer those games over AC, so that's what I meant by wanting AC to go down that route if possible (which I termed "Hollywood feel").
(But then there is the "accurate history" limitation of course...)

Kirokill
03-26-2013, 12:47 PM
Already caught re-used kills. But I have to say I like those you re used. Assassins Creed 3 was an epic counterer.

Mr_Shade
03-26-2013, 12:53 PM
lets get back on topic please.. less rants more discussion of the topic please...

or the kitten gets it..
http://sites.psu.edu/lloydrclblog/files/2013/02/too-cute-kitten.jpg

Assassin_M
03-26-2013, 12:56 PM
Now they`re gonna talk about the kitten...

You have failed your people

Locopells
03-26-2013, 12:59 PM
...and this city...

silvermercy
03-26-2013, 01:01 PM
Now they`re gonna talk about the kitten...

You have failed your people
Pff... That's never gonna happen!!
Back on topic then... What were we talking about?? errmm... oh yes... pirate cats!

http://uploads.neatorama.com/images/posts/521/52/52521/1347971128-0.jpg

roostersrule2
03-26-2013, 01:05 PM
...and this city...Haha I see what you did there.

Locopells
03-26-2013, 01:07 PM
Haha I see what you did there.

Heh!

Locopells
03-26-2013, 01:10 PM
OK, the cats were weird enough...

Mr_Shade
03-26-2013, 01:11 PM
Guys, if you have funny pics, make a new thread please, lets get this one back on topic, since the team will be reading your feedback ;)

SixKeys
03-26-2013, 01:11 PM
Aphex_Tim: Ur doin it wrong. :p

pirate1802
03-26-2013, 01:14 PM
Oh well... R.I.P thread ;)

SixKeys
03-26-2013, 01:14 PM
Well, that escalated quickly.

MasterAssasin84
03-26-2013, 01:16 PM
I read somewhere that they're gona use an instrument called the "diving bell". Saw the boxlike thingie that Edward descended with?

You actualy see that in the Trailor !! but yeah you have raised a good point about breathing i mean lets be honest the TWCB doesnt enable a subject to go without oxygen for long amounts of time. lool !!

One thing i did like the look off did you see the pistol combat when put the muzzle of the pistol in the guards mouth ? what an awesome way to finish a combo !!

Locopells
Guys, if you have funny pics, make a new thread please, lets get this one back on topic, since the team will be reading your feedback ;)

If we see pirate cats in the game:

http://youtu.be/Kw0sY_eCIVs

Assassin_M
and so Shade lives with the shame of knowing that all this started with his kitten picture...

Megas_Doux
03-26-2013, 01:17 PM
Lets see, I īll try ti summarize what I feel about the last pages of this thread:

1 Uncharted is and uber franchise, II and III are easily one of the best games ever!
2 "AC used to be a hard specialized game" LOL LOL LOL LOL. Do not get me wrong, I loved and still love ACI, but it was not hard by any means, it is in fact the opposite, an UBER easy game.. If you want to be challenged play Metal gear at extreme european difficulty.....
3ACi is a great game, but its gameplay was a little bit monotonous. You have to accept that some "hollywood" moments are required....
4 Yes! AC3 suffered in terms of mission design because the deveps tried so hard to integrate the historic background to the plot of the game, but failed sometimes.
5 AC3īs story is great! Connor and Haytham interactions are the highlight -for me at least- in this series.

I prefer dogs over cats :P

pirate1802
03-26-2013, 01:17 PM
Mr_Shade had no idea what he just unleashed.. :p

silvermercy
03-26-2013, 01:18 PM
If we see pirate cats in the game:

http://youtu.be/Kw0sY_eCIVs

LOL
Hey, I want these suggestions to be considered, too! :D http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/760865-Funny-scenes-you-d-like-to-see-in-ACIV Edward being pooped on by a seagull! I can compromise with a cat scratch though...

Mr_Shade
03-26-2013, 01:19 PM
Back on topic please guys..

Post funny animal stuff here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/761255-Pirate-Cats-and-all-things-cute!-yaaar! ;)

AjinkyaParuleka
03-26-2013, 01:22 PM
Oh yeah right....I completely forgot,breathing system and....reskinned beams as tree branches..

MasterAssasin84
03-26-2013, 01:22 PM
I agree that the Mission structure was not handled very well in AC3, there was enough emphasis on hunting the Templars as its the duty of An Assassin i am confident however that the team will acknowledge in AC4 and for the sake of cheese if they are considering bringing back Assassination contracts please dont downgrade them like they was in AC3 ! deliver them like they was in AC2 with a proper Mission structure.

AjinkyaParuleka
03-26-2013, 01:29 PM
oh also..also..anyone noticed burning hairy hats,BB wore?Epic :).
And did I just see Eddie get pawned by a school of fishes?LOL.

Megas_Doux
03-26-2013, 01:34 PM
AC has never been a difficult game, I mean, I have never been killed in AC1.....

Whereas I have been killed dozens of times playing Metal Gear on Extreme mode or God of war in Titan/chaos mode.

ProletariatPleb
03-26-2013, 01:37 PM
AC has never been a difficult game, I mean have never been killed in AC1.....
Well difficulty here meaning it should atleast be somewhat challenging, AC1's combat at first gave you the basics but it took a bit of time to master, but once you did you were a boss, still some of the tougher guards could counter you and break your defence and you'd have to dodge to avoid get me? The current system we just have to press the right buttons for the right enemies.

ArabianFrost
03-26-2013, 01:44 PM

My elementary school teacher was like you. The class was always in a mess, but when the principal comes along, we are all ordered to behave. Epitome of deceit, but it worked. Quick everyone, act intelligent for the AC4 dev team. Indubitably, Mr.M, thou churches can be of rather stale appearances. A bit of cerulean added to its colour scheme, I propose.

Intelligent enough for you, Shade?

Megas_Doux
03-26-2013, 01:45 PM
Well difficulty here meaning it should atleast be somewhat challenging, AC1's combat at first gave you the basics but it took a bit of time to master, but once you did you were a boss, still some of the tougher guards could counter you and break your defence and you'd have to dodge to avoid get me? The current system we just have to press the right buttons for the right enemies.

Perspective, I guess.....

But for me, in terms of combat AC3 is the most "challenging" in the series so far.... And do no get me wrong AC1 is my second favorite in the franchise, love to free roam in it, but its gameplay was a little bit monotonous and by no means hard......

I give you that in AC3, the devps failed to integrate the historic background of the game with the mission design. A balanced have to be found, some "hollywood" moments are required.

TheHumanTowel
03-26-2013, 02:14 PM
I wonder how densely packed the cities will be. The cities in AC3, New York in particular, had some pretty wide open streets and areas. That led to some pretty large draw distances and crowds which would be really impressive but unfortunately the engine can't really handle it. I don't think I've ever walked down a wide street in New York on a horse without NPCs disappearing and reappearing and there being loads of pop-in. It would be great if they could pull it off but seeing as they're using the same engine it's probably better if the cities were a little denser with less NPCs on-screen at once.

AidenPixxel
03-26-2013, 02:18 PM
If you go here
http://www.youtube.com/user/ubisoft?feature=g-high-u
you will see a pic of a map with two highlighted areas and then the trailer will show up
Here's the pic
http://s13.postimg.org/4tarbxcc6/Ubisoft_You_Tube.jpg

D.I.D.
03-26-2013, 05:47 PM

edit: there's also a Hollywood AC film coming. People who don't like this sort, should stay away from that, too.

It's frustrating because there's so much more to cinema than Hollywood.

I don't think many of us will object to a cinematic feeling in the game, as long as it's playable and genuinely thrilling (i.e. not in a cutscene, nor a brain-dead "epic" on-rails piece like the boat chase in the mines in ACR).

SupBruh
03-29-2013, 10:45 PM
Not to resurrect the thread, but I had a few observations around the 3rd time I watched this awesome trailer. :3 btw, sorry if any of this has been mentioned, can't be bothered to read through the past 44 pages (although I tried).

23 seconds in we get our first actual glimpse, however slight, of naval combat. First of all, we can actually fire from the front of the ship, probably the back as well. Had no idea why the Aquila couldn't and every other ship could, considering pressing the fire button (LT on Xbox) while the camera pointed to the front of ship did nothing except allow you to cancel out of firing mode when another button could have easily done that.

3 seconds later Edwards nabbed up (presumably dying) by a shark. If shark attacks are 1-hit kills if you're not properly prepared, that would be sweet. 5 seconds later we see a glimpse of Havana. It's definitely beautiful, especially the deep blue skyline. Although I find it odd that I heard Darby or another liken Havana to a "Venice/Florence under a Caribbean sun". If anything, it seems like a heavily Spanish-themed Constantinople, especially considering the variation of building height and the withering of exotically colored walls on the structures.

A second later features Kingston. A lot like Boston except it seems a lot less developed. The road is dirt, for one. Although I'd like to see what they'd do with it, a more 50/50 variation on tree-running and free-running would be interesting. The thing that bothers me is the color palette, though. All I see is green, white, and brown, not counting the sky. Pretty meh. At 38 seconds we see a Mayan ruin overrun by jungle. The vines hanging from the canopies look like tree-running pieces. 41 seconds in sees two British soldiers. It is just me, or do those vines on the cliff look climbable?

49 seconds in is the first time we see melee combat in action. Same kill animation as in 3 which is a bit disappointing. 6 seconds later looks like a cut-scene of Edward with a crew member. Their faces don't really have expression so I'm assuming it's akin to the cut-scene played after you save a civilian from guards to recruit them eg. Brotherhood/Revelations. 1:13 shows Edward in a stalking zone which are obviously returning. It seems like some random encampment of guards, with grunts huddled around the campfire and the leader scouting. Right at the 1:15 marks we see the same diving bell from 1:10 glowing between the shark and Edward.

1:18 shows the first glimpse of a character who obviously has some importance based on his unique look. He looks rugged enough to be a pirate, possibly Hornigold or Calico Jack. His under-shirt looks like it's actually made of calico based on pictures on wikipedia I've seen of it. At 1:23 it looks like what seems to be the new agile? Only agiles carry knives. Also, the other Brits in the backround seem completely oblivious to Edward's double-counter, lol. 1:25 has Edward using the two pistols strapped to his chest and one on his belt, all the shots chained together.

The scene at 1:36 reminds me of scripted events that took place in the Assassin tombs of AC2 and the Lairs of Romulus of ACB. I suppose we'll see an underwater variation. At 1:48 is a BADASS kill move, I've also never seen it before. It also seems like Edward's hood has verlet physics. 2 seconds later, Edward is doing an unarmed double-counter while he's armed with swords. Weird.

That's pretty much all I got.

P.S. First post.

AllThatJuice
03-30-2013, 04:04 AM
Some of this gameplay MUST be next gen or PC...Especially at 40- 43 seconds

pirate1802
03-30-2013, 04:44 AM
Good catch SupBrush, in the beginning the ship indeed fires from the front. I noticed that as well. So that means we can choose which side to fire from? suweet! ::D

SupBruh
03-30-2013, 05:59 AM
Good catch SupBrush, in the beginning the ship indeed fires from the front. I noticed that as well. So that means we can choose which side to fire from? suweet! ::D

TinyTemplar
03-30-2013, 09:04 AM
Assassin's Creed started its way as Prince of Persia in far 2003 and became pirate's simulator. Cool but weird ;)

Ezio270
03-30-2013, 04:22 PM
amazing trailer :rolleyes::cool: