PDA

View Full Version : Assassin or Templar or Neither?

BigTrevor94
03-24-2013, 12:39 AM
As the title says, if you had to choose between being an assassin or a Templar or just being a average joe which would you be? Do you want to be a Templar like Haythem or a assassin like Altair, or like that guy you just ran into? Lets see how this goes :)

Spider_Sith9
03-24-2013, 12:41 AM
Oh here we go again...

This is gonna make me lose more faith in humanity and ALSO it'll turn into a political and philosophical duel.

Trevor. You shouldn't have done that. /BEN

Rugterwyper32
03-24-2013, 12:43 AM
I side more with the Assassin side of things, so I'd consider myself that, although I see a balance being something that actually works and something I'd support.

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 12:44 AM
Templar and no I`m not interested in arguing again...LEAVE ME BE

BigTrevor94
03-24-2013, 12:46 AM
Oh here we go again...

This is gonna make me lose more faith in humanity and ALSO it'll turn into a political and philosophical duel.

Trevor. You shouldn't have done that. /BEN

Well that's my not intent, and everyone is entitled to their thoughts, personally I'm a fan of both

Good for you :)

Spider_Sith9
03-24-2013, 12:49 AM
This coming from a guy named Assassin_M. ;) Just pointing that out.

I must be the only Neutral guy here besides Tripler

BigTrevor94
03-24-2013, 12:51 AM

I must be the only Neutral guy here besides Tripler

I gotta ask cause I did notice you voted Neutral. Got to ask and don't feel singled out but, why? lol

Acrimonious_Nin
03-24-2013, 12:54 AM
There was an argument here to ? lmao Well I mean....it's simple whether you wan't to be underfunded and trampled on by bigger forces, or if you want to be rich, powerful, better funded, feel a sense of prestige, step on insignificant smaller ''competitors'' that try to kill you when you succeed in achieving something in/for society, while they cry about protecting free-will minus yours....>_>...I think I rather side with the winning force:: JUNO XD

BigTrevor94
03-24-2013, 12:55 AM
There was an argument here to ? lmao Well I mean....it's simple whether you wan't to be underfunded and trampled on by bigger forces, or if you want to be rich, powerful, better funded, feel a sense of prestige, step on insignificant smaller ''competitors'' that try to kill you when you succeed in achieving something in/for society, while they cry about protecting free-will minus yours....>_>...I think I rather side with the winning force:: JUNO XD

well when you put it like that... aha

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 12:56 AM
I can change my name....do you want that ? you want that ?

Spider_Sith9
03-24-2013, 12:57 AM
I gotta ask cause I did notice you voted Neutral. Got to ask and don't feel singled out but, why? lol

In real life, I follow a Grey morality and see ALOT OF THINGS that way (well Blue and Orange but I won't go into that). I like the Templar's goal but hate their ruthless methods yet know the Assassins are in a longshot for their goal. Plus, I'm not a committed guy. I prefer to watch the flames from the distance than be involved in the conflict. I tend to avoid fights.

B-b-b-b-but that's not not fair! Juno has HAX!!! *sniff sniff* I'm gonna get a set of Apples and I'm gonna ASSUME DIRECT CONTROL of you both!!!

*runs off crying*

UrDeviant1
03-24-2013, 12:58 AM

Best answer yet.

BigTrevor94
03-24-2013, 01:01 AM
In real life, I follow a Grey morality and see ALOT OF THINGS that way (well Blue and Orange but I won't go into that). I like the Templar's goal but hate their ruthless methods yet know the Assassins are in a longshot for their goal. Plus, I'm not a committed guy. I prefer to watch the flames from the distance than be involved in the conflict. I tend to avoid fights.

B-b-b-b-but that's not not fair! Juno has HAX!!! *sniff sniff* I'm gonna get a set of Apples and I'm gonna ASSUME DIRECT CONTROL of you both!!!

*runs off crying*

That's the best outlook I've heard thus far. an " I'm not going to pick sides, I'm going to watch them battle for control from a far" you sir, have won my vote lol

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 01:02 AM
Best answer yet.
It`s terribly black and white..
ahh **** I said i`m not arguing this again -_-

BigTrevor94
03-24-2013, 01:04 AM

Id hardly consider this a argument, more a friendly talk, no bloodshed yet :)

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 01:05 AM
Id hardly consider this a argument, more a friendly talk, no bloodshed yet :)
when someone starts about this, it`ll have bloodshed...just ask Spider_sith9

BigTrevor94
03-24-2013, 01:06 AM

Well this is my forum and I wont have it! lmao

UrDeviant1
03-24-2013, 01:07 AM

B-but what about all this grey stuff I hear so much about?

D.I.D.
03-24-2013, 01:08 AM
Neither, because I'm not mental

Spider_Sith9
03-24-2013, 01:08 AM
That's the best outlook I've heard thus far. an " I'm not going to pick sides, I'm going to watch them battle for control from a far" you sir, have won my vote lol That and since you play an Assassin in Singleplayer and Templar in MP (now a Gamer in MP) I'm Neutral by Default as well. But you quoted beforehand.

Instigating eh? Humble yourself. As I will not bite.

Well this is my forum and I wont have it! lmao

Technically it's the mods' forums. ;)

Doesn't exist. Did you know that only AC2 existed? ;)

Neither, because I'm not mental

Only citizens would think that. You know the nutcases who spout about Doomsday and Prophecies and Repentance?

Acrimonious_Nin
03-24-2013, 01:09 AM
Naturally this game takes a unilateral approach when dealing with the Assassins vs Templar war...>_> so if you have to choose sides you have to be unilateral in the process....>_>....I mean Erudito seems to see both sides for what they are....so they may be the only side that views things bilaterally ;) soooo since I chose a side...there is no way in being bilateral when I clearly am unilateral in my approach.....O_O hope that made sense lol I am only following suit lmao

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 01:10 AM
Instigating eh? Humble yourself. As I will not bite.
See what I mean ?

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 01:11 AM
Where ? In that post ? Grey ?

UrDeviant1
03-24-2013, 01:12 AM
Where ? In that post ? Grey ?

In general. You know how many posts I'v read about this? Too many. O_O

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 01:13 AM
Oh yes IT IS grey...

Spider_Sith9
03-24-2013, 01:14 AM
Naturally this game takes a unilateral approach when dealing with the Assassins vs Templar war...>_> so if you have to choose sides you have to be unilateral in the process....>_>....I mean Erudito seems to see both sides for what they are....so they may be the only side that views things bilaterally ;) soooo since I chose a side...there is no way in being bilateral when I clearly am unilateral in my approach.....O_O hope that made sense lol I am only following suit lmao

Wut? ........ You intentionally made that confusing right?

Same

Acrimonious_Nin
03-24-2013, 01:22 AM
Unilateralism in politics usually means that your are choosing sides....like writing history to make one side look better than the other, or a policy that clearly favors one culture over the other

Bilateralism; not to be confused with multilateralism, is stepping back and looking at things from both sides and coming down to a ''gray'' solution to a problem....

then again if I had to choose between Assassins or Templars....how can I favor one over the other by understanding both?....I would have voted neither and chosen a gray approach to this.

hope that makes my post easier to understand.....

BigTrevor94
03-24-2013, 01:33 AM
Unilateralism in politics usually means that your are choosing sides....like writing history to make one side look better than the other, or a policy that clearly favors one culture over the other

Bilateralism; not to be confused with multilateralism, is stepping back and looking at things from both sides and coming down to a ''gray'' solution to a problem....

then again if I had to choose between Assassins or Templars....how can I favor one over the other by understanding both?....I would have voted neither and chosen a gray approach to this.

Much easier, now I get it :) I got it the first time but this made it a bit more clearer haha

Spider_Sith9
03-24-2013, 01:34 AM

I was setting you up for joking response. Wasn't expecting you to respond seriously. But thanks! The More You Know! :)

Acrimonious_Nin
03-24-2013, 01:37 AM
lol oops ^__^ I thought it was garble to some...>_>...oh well....

BigTrevor94
03-24-2013, 01:42 AM
lol oops ^__^ I thought it was garble to some...>_>...oh well....

Don't feel too bad, I fell for it too by commenting haha

Acrimonious_Nin
03-24-2013, 01:53 AM
Looks like the Templars are ahead here....oh the glory of this moment :D

BigTrevor94
03-24-2013, 01:53 AM
Looks like the Templars are ahead here....oh the glory of this moment :D

Gotta say I am almost shocked assassin isn't higher

Acrimonious_Nin
03-24-2013, 02:09 AM
Gotta say I am almost shocked assassin isn't higher

^ it's ok I am actually glad people are waking up to realize an immutable fact. How can anybody side with hypocrites ?!?!? I mean they talk about protecting the free-will of mankind...but when mankind is smart enough to be the leaders of there world, by putting there free-will into practice, then comes the assassins that are not happy that things didn't turn as expected, and start killing any they assume to be ''corrupt'' or ''bad'' a.k.a apparently only Templars are these things ;) which they are not most of the time.

To put it to you this way. Look at all of the Assassin's targets. From Altair to Connor. Most of them were not corrupt, actually doing what was best for humanity and respecting their culture, just doing it harshly, then again the Assassins are harsh when they cast judgment on people's lives. But when it came down to the same corrupt people that they vowed to defend, like King Richard or Selim, they did not Assassinate these guys, these people were clearly out for blood, power, and whatever else you can call corrupt. Clearly the Assassins are in a all out Templar battle. The Templars contribute to society while the Assassins fight for the few corrupt humans that are non-Templars. Even Connor, in the extracted audio files, shows him admitting that Haytham could have potentially been right...which he was...that is why Connor is left in a village the colonials took from his people ;) Assassins = Butterfly chasers

BigTrevor94
03-24-2013, 02:15 AM
^ it's ok I am actually glad people are waking up to realize an immutable fact. How can anybody side with hypocrites ?!?!? I mean they talk about protecting the free-will of mankind...but when mankind is smart enough to be the leaders of there world, by putting there free-will into practice, then comes the assassins that are not happy that things didn't turn as expected, and start killing any they assume to be ''corrupt'' or ''bad'' a.k.a apparently only Templars are these things ;) which they are not most of the time.

To put it to you this way. Look at all of the Assassin's targets. From Altair to Connor. Most of them were not corrupt, actually doing what was best for humanity and respecting their culture, just doing it harshly, then again the Assassins are harsh when they cast judgment on people's lives. But when it came down to the same corrupt people that they vowed to defend, like King Richard or Selim, they did not Assassinate these guys, these people were clearly out for blood, power, and whatever else you can call corrupt. Clearly the Assassins are in a all out Templar battle. The Templars contribute to society while the Assassins fight for the few corrupt humans that are non-Templars. Even Connor, in the extracted audio files, shows him admitting that Haytham could have potentially been right...which he was...that is why Connor is left in a village the colonials took from his people ;) Assassins = Butterfly chasers

Absolutely I mean take a look at this, this pretty much says what you said in a general sense

Three Ironies

"Do we bend the rules in service to a greater good? And if we do, what does it say of us?" ―Altair's Codex, page 4.[src]
The three great ironies were observations that described the contradictions between the Creed, and the actions of the Assassins who followed it. They were:
1. The Assassins seek to promote peace, but commit murder.
2. The Assassins seek to open the minds of men, but require obedience to rules.
3. The Assassins seek to reveal the danger of blind faith, yet practice it themselves.

Though seemingly hypocritical, the ironies did not undermine the Assassins' cause. Rather, they demonstrated the way in which they embraced contradiction, "that one may be two things – opposite in every way – simultaneously."[

SolidSage
03-24-2013, 02:26 AM
Think I'd have to go with Templar, what with them being in control in the modern era and all that (or basically WINNING).
That and the fact I think we are ALL going to be Templars now that Dezzie got the boot and we are going to have (apparently) our own Animuses. (Animi? who cares.)
And they did have the old red cross on white cloth thing going on back in Altairs time. Kinda hard for me to go against that.

Yeah, old skool Templars (AC1) were the single baddest dudes in the entire series. Descended from Titans I tell you!!! :)

Besides, it don't really matter since it appears you can change sides when you feel like it.

I-Like-Pie45
03-24-2013, 02:29 AM
Neither.

I'M BATMAN!!!

SolidSage
03-24-2013, 02:33 AM
Neither.

I'M BATMAN!!!
No you're not. Shobhit7777777 is.

For realz, go check. he'll tell you.

Stardust235
03-24-2013, 02:47 AM
Both the assassin and templar ideals are horrible. The templars want absolute control whilst the assassins want freedom. The benefit to absolute control is security, but then the people have no power. If there was freedom, chaos would follow.

I-Like-Pie45
03-24-2013, 02:53 AM
No you're not. Shobhit7777777 is.

For realz, go check. he'll tell you.
Woops, did I say Batman again? :(

I'm actually Bateman. :)

Acrimonious_Nin
03-24-2013, 03:25 AM
Both the assassin and templar ideals are horrible. The templars want absolute control whilst the assassins want freedom. The benefit to absolute control is security, but then the people have no power. If there was freedom, chaos would follow.

Actually your wrong, and right. The Templars do not want absolute control, they just want enough control in order to maintain peace among the people, you would still be able to live your lives..just you wont have the free-will to harm others or rise to such ranks of authority so that you don't end up abusing of that power, it's called equality. In other words you wouldn't be a liability to society or the weak people that you would potentially harm. The Assassins do not really wan't freedom...actually we don't really know what they want, Yes William and Connor brought up freedom in there dialogue, but the Assassins will always fight to protect mankind's free-will. The same free-will that ends up in the wrong hands and harming innocent lives. Even the Templars admit that the Borgia was an example of when even the Templars couldn't be trusted with all that power that the PoE granted the user.

The benefit to absolute control is not security, as much as it is an assurance of societal stability. And to quote Haytham, "the people never have the power..." >_> he had a point. BTW you can't absolutely control people...There was an Abstergo audio hack from Clay that says something along the lines of, "We can't have them all stop reproducing..." this just shows you that the Templars have people's better interests in mind :p and that they do not want to control everything...The Assassins on the other hand actually want to control everything by killing all who do not fit the ideal view of ''practicing your free-will''. Just look at how they slaughter all that do not adhere to their expectations of human behavior....>_> madness really.

Spider_Sith9
03-24-2013, 03:43 AM
Actually your wrong, and right. The Templars do not want absolute control, they just want enough control in order to maintain peace among the people, you would still be able to live your lives..just you wont have the free-will to harm others or rise to such ranks of authority so that you don't end up abusing of that power, it's called equality. In other words you wouldn't be a liability to society or the weak people that you would potentially harm. The Assassins do not really wan't freedom...actually we don't really know what they want, Yes William and Connor brought up freedom in there dialogue, but the Assassins will always fight to protect mankind's free-will. The same free-will that ends up in the wrong hands and harming innocent lives. Even the Templars admit that the Borgia was an example of when even the Templars couldn't be trusted with all that power that the PoE granted the user.

The benefit to absolute control is not security, as much as it is an assurance of societal stability. And to quote Haytham, "the people never have the power..." >_> he had a point. BTW you can't absolutely control people...There was an Abstergo audio hack from Clay that says something along the lines of, "We can't have them all stop reproducing..." this just shows you that the Templars have people's better interests in mind :p and that they do not want to control everything...The Assassins on the other hand actually want to control everything by killing all who do not fit the ideal view of ''practicing your free-will''. Just look at how they slaughter all that do not adhere to their expectations of human behavior....>_> madness really.

Sheesh. You make it sound like the Assassins are the antagonists and not just simple Anti-Heroes. @_@ Doesn't help that they've suffered motive decay (rather than kill from peace and freedom, they want to kill all Templars).

pirate1802
03-24-2013, 04:38 AM
Templars fo life!

pirate1802
03-24-2013, 04:39 AM

Do it. Templar_M .. got a nice ring to it XD

roostersrule2
03-24-2013, 04:40 AM
Do it. Templar_M .. got a nice ring to it XDNah I reckon Hayth instead of Templar.

Acrimonious_Nin
03-24-2013, 04:40 AM
Sheesh. You make it sound like the Assassins are the antagonists and not just simple Anti-Heroes. @_@ Doesn't help that they've suffered motive decay (rather than kill from peace and freedom, they want to kill all Templars).

Sadly, last time I checked, Terrorists were never considered anti-heroes :p so the Assassin will always be antagonists to the inevitable truth of the world. Haytham has clearly stated that the Templars only wish to leave the world as it is. If the Templar's wish to only guide humanity and only better human society, and the Assassins are out to get the Templars, then by logical consequence the Assassins are killing the only people capable of effectively leading humans to a better world, and killing humanity's future in the process. Madness I know. May the father of understanding guide you ;)

Hayth_M XD that's a good one lol

pirate1802
03-24-2013, 04:42 AM
Nah I reckon Hayth instead of Templar.

Hayth_M hmm.. can the mods change our usernames if we requested?

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 04:43 AM
Hayth_M hmm.. can the mods change our usernames if we requested?
Haytha_M

roostersrule2
03-24-2013, 04:47 AM
Sadly, last time I checked, Terrorists were never considered anti-heroes :p so the Assassin will always be antagonists to the inevitable truth of the world. Haytham has clearly stated that the Templars only wish to leave the world as it is. If the Templar's wish to only guide humanity and only better human society, and the Assassins are out to get the Templars, then by logical consequence the Assassins are killing the only people capable of effectively leading humans to a better world, and killing humanity's future in the process. Madness I know. May the father of understanding guide you ;)

Hayth_M XD that's a good one lolWhat you have to remember is that Haytham was a Templar over 200 years ago, the extremities that they are going to now are a lot different, because it's been made possible. In the 1780's you could not control a whole planet, but the opportunity too do it is available now and they're taking the chance. So maybe 200 years ago their goals were noble but now since they've grown in power and have complete monopoly on the world they can do what they want.

Haha thank you.

roostersrule2
03-24-2013, 04:48 AM
Haytha_MIt doesn't suit well, it sounds more Haytha then M instead of Haytham.

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 04:52 AM
It doesn't suit well, it sounds more Haytha then M instead of Haytham.
Oh yeah..I got your idea:p

Spider_Sith9
03-24-2013, 04:58 AM
Nah I reckon Hayth instead of Templar.

Heh, Haytham went Ghetto. xD

Hayth_M XD that's a good one lol Heh, dunno whether to feel bad about killing people who want World Domination and that they do whatever it takes or to spite the Assassins for doing what they do. No one likes Terrorists even if their cause is noble. Wouldn't be surprised if at the end of the series the Templars were right and they get their World Domination. I'd hate it as I'd played a milked franchise for nothing and Ubisoft was would be like "Nyaaaaaaah! We got your money, now here's your bad ending! >:3"

What you have to remember is that Haytham was a Templar over 200 years ago, the extremities that they are going to now are a lot different, because it's been made possible. In the 1780's you could not control a whole planet, but the opportunity too do it is available now and they're taking the chance. So maybe 200 years ago their goals were noble but now since they've grown in power and have complete monopoly on the world they can do what they want.

Haha thank you.

This is but true. However, this is Abstergo in the present. Not the Colonial Templars. They are...well....****s.

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 05:01 AM
"Nyaaaaaaah! We got your money, now here's your bad ending! >:3"
Bad is subjective...I wouldn't call the Templars winning a bad ending...Just different from the usual "and they lived happily ever after"

roostersrule2
03-24-2013, 05:04 AM
Bad is subjective...I wouldn't call the Templars winning a bad ending...Just different from the usual "and they lived happily ever after"No AC game has had a happily ever after ending, so for the Assassins to win it would actually be different from the usual.

pirate1802
03-24-2013, 05:05 AM
Heh, dunno whether to feel bad about killing people who want World Domination and that they do whatever it takes or to spite the Assassins for doing what they do.

Just a little tidbit since I see this being thrown around lately. "World domination" inherently isn't bad. any people in the past have achieved world domination and they also achieved many good things with it. So if you start killing everyone who desires world domination you'd probably have killed off many prominent historical leaders of the past and leave humanity worse-off.

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 05:06 AM
No AC game has had a happily ever after ending, so for the Assassins to win it would actually be different from the usual.
I meant usual in general...and most ACs have had a more or less non-depressing ending.....only games with very depressing ends were ACB and AC III (for all the wrong reasons)

Acrimonious_Nin
03-24-2013, 05:06 AM
What you have to remember is that Haytham was a Templar over 200 years ago, the extremities that they are going to now are a lot different, because it's been made possible. In the 1780's you could not control a whole planet, but the opportunity too do it is available now and they're taking the chance. So maybe 200 years ago their goals were noble but now since they've grown in power and have complete monopoly on the world they can do what they want.

Haha thank you.

There cause is still noble I can assure you. It is just that people think that the way they do things is harsh, not too mention how the Assassins judge the Templars, like as if no one thinks that brutaly slaughting people that uphold a notion is less harsh of a means. Actually we can even argue that the Assassins methods of dealing with their problems is just as harsh as the methods of how the Templars are moving society forward. But here is the subtle difference. The Assassins do not care about leading mankind to a better future, actually they are on the ready to kill any and all who do not submit to the "Assassin" approach to life. Given that humans had a choice of leading a peaceful life, or a violent one. I can guarantee you that any ''Violent'' living people would get killed if they did not submit to the Assassin's oppressive "peace in all things" approach. Which is like saying "shut up don't say anything to bother others, don't do anything that makes you rise to power, stay down there so that all of you people have something in common....nothing but the air you breathe and the bread you beg for. Peace in all things". At least the Templars have given people a lifestyle and a chance to survive. Last time I checked, Templars gave the people Capitalism. the free-market allows any ''bottom of society'' person to rise up. Just look at Booker T. Washington. A poor slave that rose to riches....thanks to capitalism. this "Monopoly" that you make sound bad might not be so bad after all ;). The Assassins would see this all destroyed so that the bigger meaner humans would, in a corrupt fashion, oppress the weaker of society.....the less privileged if you will. Such is the nature of man.

Spider_Sith9
03-24-2013, 05:07 AM
Bad is subjective...I wouldn't call the Templars winning a bad ending...Just different from the usual "and they lived happily ever after"

World. Freakin'. Domination.

No AC game has had a happily ever after ending, so for the Assassins to win it would actually be different from the usual.

Well didn't Desmond learn clues and kick Templar *** and find the Temple location in AC1, AC2 and ACR? Wouldn't say those are all bad. Especially considering the Assassins are all but wiped out from the purge.

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 05:08 AM
This`ll be good to watch...I`v done enough arguing...nice to spectate for once...

If you can win this, Acrimonious, I`ll make you my second second in command of the Order..

May the father of understanding guide you

roostersrule2
03-24-2013, 05:09 AM
I meant usual in general...and most ACs have had a more or less non-depressing ending.....only games with very depressing ends were ACB and AC III (for all the wrong reasons)Indeed, but I doubt Ubisoft would let the Templars win as that would end the series.

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 05:10 AM
it`s just a matter of perspective. if you look at a pencil side ways, it`s a stick...no matter what or anyone tells you. Until YOU turn it front and look at it and see that it CAN be something else other than a stick, you`ll see things differently..

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 05:11 AM
Indeed, but I doubt Ubisoft would let the Templars win as that would end the series.
Oh of course not...I was just sayin`

Spider_Sith9
03-24-2013, 05:12 AM
Just a little tidbit since I see this being thrown around lately. "World domination" inherently isn't bad. any people in the past have achieved world domination and they also achieved many good things with it. So if you start killing everyone who desires world domination you'd probably have killed off many prominent historical leaders of the past and leave humanity worse-off.

I may some incredibly dumb saying this but.... World Domination has happened before?

There cause is still noble I can assure you. It is just that people think that the way they do things is harsh, not too mention how the Assassins judge the Templars, like as if no one thinks that brutaly slaughting people that uphold a notion is less harsh of a means. Actually we can even argue that the Assassins methods of dealing with their problems is just as harsh as the methods of how the Templars are moving society forward. But here is the subtle difference. The Assassins do not care about leading mankind to a better future, actually they are on the ready to kill any and all who do not submit to the "Assassin" approach to life. Given that humans had a choice of leading a peaceful life, or a violent one. I can guarantee you that any ''Violent'' living people would get killed if they did not submit to the Assassin's oppressive "peace in all things" approach. Which is like saying "shut up don't say anything to bother others, don't do anything that makes you rise to power, stay down there so that all of you people have something in common....nothing but the air you breathe and the bread you beg for. Peace in all things". At least the Templars have given people a lifestyle and a chance to survive. Last time I checked, Templars gave the people Capitalism. the free-market allows any ''bottom of society'' person to rise up. Just look at Booker T. Washington. A poor slave that rose to riches....thanks to capitalism. this "Monopoly" that you make sound bad might not be so bad after all ;). The Assassins would see this all destroyed so that the bigger meaner humans would, in a corrupt fashion, oppress the weaker of society.....the less privileged if you will. Such is the nature of man.

Looks like the ends really do justify the means.

it`s just a matter of perspective. if you look at a pencil side ways, it`s a stick...no matter what or anyone tells you. Until YOU turn it front and look at it and see that it CAN be something else other than a stick, you`ll see things differently..

I was gonna say this to Acrim. But someone posted after.

Indeed, but I doubt Ubisoft would let the Templars win as that would end the series.

Well with how Ubisoft is with their twists and how this series is overstaying its welcome. They might do it. Maybe Assassin and Templar defeat Juno and the Templars stab the Assassins in the back. Then they can reboot the series so people would stop complaining.

roostersrule2
03-24-2013, 05:17 AM
There cause is still noble I can assure you. It is just that people think that the way they do things is harsh, not too mention how the Assassins judge the Templars, like as if no one thinks that brutaly slaughting people that uphold a notion is less harsh of a means. Actually we can even argue that the Assassins methods of dealing with their problems is just as harsh as the methods of how the Templars are moving society forward. But here is the subtle difference. The Assassins do not care about leading mankind to a better future, actually they are on the ready to kill any and all who do not submit to the "Assassin" approach to life. Given that humans had a choice of leading a peaceful life, or a violent one. I can guarantee you that any ''Violent'' living people would get killed if they did not submit to the Assassin's oppressive "peace in all things" approach. Which is like saying "shut up don't say anything to bother others, don't do anything that makes you rise to power, stay down there so that all of you people have something in common....nothing but the air you breathe and the bread you beg for. Peace in all things". At least the Templars have given people a lifestyle and a chance to survive. Last time I checked, Templars gave the people Capitalism. the free-market allows any ''bottom of society'' person to rise up. Just look at Booker T. Washington. A poor slave that rose to riches....thanks to capitalism. this "Monopoly" that you make sound bad might not be so bad after all ;). The Assassins would see this all destroyed so that the bigger meaner humans would, in a corrupt fashion, oppress the weaker of society.....the less privileged if you will. Such is the nature of man.The thing is with the Templars is that you cannot rise to power without them and their ideologies, they want to insure world order and peace right? However basically every single Templar that has claimed power has become corrupt, do you really think if the Templars were to control the world it wouldn't happen again? You could be here for days arguing which is better Peace through domination (a contradiction in itself really) or the world as it is, through free will.

Acrimonious_Nin
03-24-2013, 05:44 AM
The thing is with the Templars is that you cannot rise to power without them and their ideologies, they want to insure world order and peace right? However basically every single Templar that has claimed power has become corrupt, do you really think if the Templars were to control the world it wouldn't happen again? You could be here for days arguing which is better Peace through domination (a contradiction in itself really) or the world as it is, through free will.

Not true at all. You do not need Templar Ideals to use the gifts that they have contributed to society. Other Humans(non-Templars), like Saladin, King Richard, Sultan Selim,the presidency that arose from the help of the Freemasons to escape a monarch like mentality, all of these corrupt non-Templars have abused their power and harmed there own in some way shape or form. Now to say that all Templars are corrupt ?!?!? that is a heavy statement. Last time I checked, Tamir was not corrupt, he only supplied the arms needed for the crusades to wage war. I doubt that supplying arms is considered corrupt. Mind you that the crusades is a non-Templar organization once again supporting a corrupt crown that only wanted to dominate over his competition, The Templars only sided with the crusades in order to gain the churches influence which was their supreme goal, to influence the people and guide them to peaceful society. Meanwhile Robert d'Sable found a way to unite Saracen, and Crusader alike. What did the Assassins do ? just mindlessly kill Saracen and Crusade....>_> so much for peace. Was Garnier de Naplouse corrupt ? he was not killing anyone, he was only healing the broken minds of what we today might call a mental disorder. Which he was successful in many cases as he put it. They, the ''subjects'' turned into knights. Last time I checked Being a knight was better than being a peasant, serf, or villain...yes these were lower classes back then. Knights were higher class. So was he Corrupt, I doubt that one too. Abu'l Nuqoud only took the money from the people because they were giving it to the Crusades blindly only because the Crusades offered protection, not peace. William of Montferrat, only took the food of his people so that they could ration it during the war. We all know that war creates financial difficulties at home for those that are not rich. So We can say he was a thoughtful guy huh ?. yeah there have always been 1 psychopath that just wanted power. Minus the fact that the Templars have looked down upon the Borgias and even has gone as far as to state that they learned from their mistakes. the list goes on and on about non-corrupt Templars. Did you pay attention to the Templars killed by Connor ?...they were doing good things for society and the native people of those lands. Protecting the land from the Colonials taking over, which Connor learned the hard way that the Templars were right about the Colonial taking all land. They wanted to parlé with the Colonials to stop the war, they tried to Knock some sense into Connor at many points. We can hardly call ALL Templars corrupt. But ALL Assassins are extremists that will seek blood before reason. I can guarantee you that :D

Remember this. Haytham was killing off all corrupt Templars early in the game...just to show you that the Templars fix there mistakes. Do the Assassins do the same with a reasonably approach ? not really. they are without hesitation...the second they see Templar they get ready to kill without ever considering what they are truly doing.

pirate1802
03-24-2013, 05:51 AM
I may some incredibly dumb saying this but.... World Domination has happened before?

Ofcourse it has. "World" is a relative term. It has been used to describe a continent to all the charted world to the full globe, in today's standards.

Looks like the ends really do justify the means.

Yes. And both the Assassins and Templars believe in this doctrine.

roostersrule2
03-24-2013, 05:53 AM
Not true at all. You do not need Templar Ideals to use the gifts that they have contributed to society. Other Humans(non-Templars), like Saladin, King Richard, Sultan Selim,the presidency that arose from the help of the Freemasons to escape a monarch like mentality, all of these corrupt non-Templars have abused their power and harmed there own in some way shape or form. Now to say that all Templars are corrupt ?!?!? that is a heavy statement. Last time I checked, Tamir was not corrupt, he only supplied the arms needed for the crusades to wage war. I doubt that supplying arms is considered corrupt. Mind you that the crusades is a non-Templar organization once again supporting a corrupt crown that only wanted to dominate over his competition, The Templars only sided with the crusades in order to gain the churches influence which was their supreme goal. Meanwhile Robert d'Sable found a way to unite Saracen, and Crusader alike. What did the Assassins do ? just mindlessly kill Saracen and Crusade....>_> so much for peace. Was Garnier de Naplouse corrupt ? he was not killing anyone, he was only healing the broken minds of what we today might call a mental disorder. Which he was successful in many cases as he put it. They turned into knights. Last time I checked Being a knight was better than being a peasant, serf, or villain...yes these were lower classes back then. Knights were higher class. So was he Corrupt, I doubt that one too. Abu'l Nuqoud only took the money from the people because they were giving it to the Crusades blindly only because the Crusades offered protection, not peace. William of Montferrat, only took the food of his people so that they could ration it during the war. We all know that war creates financial difficulties at home for those that are not rich. So We can say he was a thoughtful guy huh ?. yeah there have always been 1 psychopath that just wanted power. Minus the fact that the Templars have looked down upon the Borgias. and the list goes on and on. Did you pay attention to the Templars killed by Connor...they were doing good things for society. Protecting the land from Colonial, which Connor learned the hard way that the Templars were right about the Colonial taking all land. They wanted to parlé with the Colonial to stop the war, they tried to Knock some sense into Connor at many points. We can hardly call ALL Templars corrupt. But ALL Assassins are extremists that will seek blood before reason. I can guarantee you that :D

Remember this. Haytham was killing off all corrupt Templars early in the game...just to show you that the Templars fix there mistakes. Do the Assassins do the same with a reasonably approach ? not really. they are without hesitation...the second they see Templar they get ready to kill without ever considering what they are truly doing.So basically what you are saying is that to get the churches approval they help wage a war in which 1000's died? Tell me more of there greatness and also if the Assassins are so blood thirsty and the Templars aren't why did Haytham kill off the corrupt Templars as you say, kinda contradicts your point again.

Spider_Sith9
03-24-2013, 05:57 AM

Not true at all. You do not need Templar Ideals to use the gifts that they have contributed to society. Other Humans(non-Templars), like Saladin, King Richard, Sultan Selim,the presidency that arose from the help of the Freemasons to escape a monarch like mentality, all of these corrupt non-Templars have abused their power and harmed there own in some way shape or form. Now to say that all Templars are corrupt ?!?!? that is a heavy statement. Last time I checked, Tamir was not corrupt, he only supplied the arms needed for the crusades to wage war. I doubt that supplying arms is considered corrupt. Mind you that the crusades is a non-Templar organization once again supporting a corrupt crown that only wanted to dominate over his competition, The Templars only sided with the crusades in order to gain the churches influence which was their supreme goal, to influence the people and guide them to peaceful society. Meanwhile Robert d'Sable found a way to unite Saracen, and Crusader alike. What did the Assassins do ? just mindlessly kill Saracen and Crusade....>_> so much for peace. Was Garnier de Naplouse corrupt ? he was not killing anyone, he was only healing the broken minds of what we today might call a mental disorder. Which he was successful in many cases as he put it. They, the ''subjects'' turned into knights. Last time I checked Being a knight was better than being a peasant, serf, or villain...yes these were lower classes back then. Knights were higher class. So was he Corrupt, I doubt that one too. Abu'l Nuqoud only took the money from the people because they were giving it to the Crusades blindly only because the Crusades offered protection, not peace. William of Montferrat, only took the food of his people so that they could ration it during the war. We all know that war creates financial difficulties at home for those that are not rich. So We can say he was a thoughtful guy huh ?. yeah there have always been 1 psychopath that just wanted power. Minus the fact that the Templars have looked down upon the Borgias and even has gone as far as to state that they learned from their mistakes. the list goes on and on about non-corrupt Templars. Did you pay attention to the Templars killed by Connor ?...they were doing good things for society and the native people of those lands. Protecting the land from the Colonials taking over, which Connor learned the hard way that the Templars were right about the Colonial taking all land. They wanted to parlé with the Colonials to stop the war, they tried to Knock some sense into Connor at many points. We can hardly call ALL Templars corrupt. But ALL Assassins are extremists that will seek blood before reason. I can guarantee you that :D

Remember this. Haytham was killing off all corrupt Templars early in the game...just to show you that the Templars fix there mistakes. Do the Assassins do the same with a reasonably approach ? not really. they are without hesitation...the second they see Templar they get ready to kill without ever considering what they are truly doing.

Uh-oh, here comes the walls of text. I know what's coming.

One thing I never got: When Kanen warned Connor that the Templars were taking that land armed with Redcoats, why were they gonna kill them if they wanted to help them? I never understood that Assassination. It looked like they were ready to shoot.

Ofcourse it has. "World" is a relative term. It has been used to describe a continent to all the charted world to the full globe, in today's standards.

Yes. And both the Assassins and Templars believe in this doctrine. Oh I see what you mean. The world as in which we seen back then.

More so the Templars as they go through questionable means. The Assassins seem like they do absolutely nothing nowadays except fight their nemesis (in games) or run from the Templars who want them dead. Once they get a target, THEN they go on the offensive.

Acrimonious_Nin
03-24-2013, 06:12 AM
So basically what you are saying is that to get the churches approval they help wage a war in which 1000's died? Tell me more of there greatness and also if the Assassins are so blood thirsty and the Templars aren't why did Haytham kill off the corrupt Templars as you say, kinda contradicts your point again.

No, what I am basically saying is that they had to find a way to rise up to a position of influence, which other non-Templars made certain than no one could ever do which they ended up unjustly oppressing their own people, The Templars needed to influence/guide the pope which had power over such people like King Richard, and Saladin. It's not like just anybody could walk on up and say, "Hey pope!/King!/or Vizier! step down so we can guide mankind better than you !" . If the Templars needed to work there way into a position of power to influence the pope/king/or any leader so that the Templars can move society forward(ends) by supporting/appealing to the will of the crusades/the churches army(the means) then they would, but they always remembered why they were doing it. The Templars understand that things can not just change over night it takes time and sacrifice. BTW I never said that the Templars were not Violent...I said "Haytham was killing off all corrupt Templars early in the game...just to show you that the Templars fix there mistakes." >_> The Templars kill sparingly, The Assassins kill without scruple, I never called anyone blood thristy lol should take the time to read and understand the message.

pirate1802
03-24-2013, 06:18 AM

Matter of perspectives. I'd be happy to live under a world dominator that provides for me than a democracy which can't get their **** together and squabbles all the time. Like I said, perspectives. Neither world domination is inherently bad nor democracy inherently sacrosanct. Its how you apply each that matters.

Acrimonious_Nin
03-24-2013, 06:22 AM
Uh-oh, here comes the walls of text. I know what's coming.

One thing I never got: When Kanen warned Connor that the Templars were taking that land armed with Redcoats, why were they gonna kill them if they wanted to help them? I never understood that Assassination. It looked like they were ready to shoot.

They were trying to make sure that they kept the land so that when the Colonials decided to take it, they would have already had purchased it and left it for the natives. They aimed the guns at them and probably killed a few because they needed to make sure that they kept the land by any means for the sake of there people. The tribes were naive to trust the Colonials and the Templars Anticipated this. So killing a few was necessary to scare others from acting up out of ignorance....harsh...oh well not as harsh as Connor FREELY handing the land to the Colonials...don't yah think ? all of the land u.u

Oh I see what you mean. The world as in which we seen back then.

More so the Templars as they go through questionable means. The Assassins seem like they do absolutely nothing nowadays except fight their nemesis (in games) or run from the Templars who want them dead. Once they get a target, THEN they go on the offensive.

^ Remember that the Templars are only worried in controlling mankind's free-will not their lives, ''The world'' is nothing more than the limitation of human perception. Controlling human perception to only be able to choose peace and remove the capacity to choose to harm and you have controlled free-will, but they would still retain their lives, and choices....I mean there are nearly a limitless amount of reasons to choose to be peaceful :D just no harming others and exploiting the weak.

roostersrule2
03-24-2013, 06:24 AM
No, what I am basically saying is that they had to find a way to rise up to a position of influence, which other non-Templars made certain than no one could ever do which they ended up unjustly oppressing their own people, The Templars needed to influence/guide the pope which had power over such people like King Richard, and Saladin. It's not like just anybody could walk on up and say, "Hey pope!/King!/or Vizier! step down so we can guide mankind better than you !" . If the Templars needed to work there way into a position of power to influence the pope/king/or any leader so that the Templars can move society forward(ends) by supporting/appealing to the will of the crusades/the churches army(the means) then they would, but they always remembered why they were doing it. The Templars understand that things can not just change over night it takes time and sacrifice. BTW I never said that the Templars were not Violent...I said "Haytham was killing off all corrupt Templars early in the game...just to show you that the Templars fix there mistakes." >_> The Templars kill sparingly, The Assassins kill without scruple, I never called anyone blood thristy lol should take the time to read and understand the message.So because they know what they're doing, it's ok? So they will do anything to get in power no matter the cost? Hmmm great leaders and that's just how I interpreted what you are saying about how the Assassins kill.

pirate1802
03-24-2013, 06:25 AM

If by questionable means you mean mindcontrol then no, I don't support Abstergo or their dirty tricks. But then mindcontrol isn't the only way to achieve control. The Templars don't have mindcontrol as their sole objective; its control. As Haytham said, their objective is order, direction, purpose. Nothing more. And that can be achieved by other methods too. They were doing fine in the Colonies without mindcontrol until lil' Connor came along and fracked things up.

Spider_Sith9
03-24-2013, 06:29 AM
They were trying to make sure that they kept the land so that when the Colonials decided to take it, they would have already had purchased it and left it for the natives. They aimed the guns at them and probably killed a few because they needed to make sure that they kept the land by any means for the sake of there people. The tribes were naive to trust the Colonials and the Templars Anticipated this. So killing a few was necessary to scare others from acting up out of ignorance....harsh...oh well not as harsh as Connor FREELY handing the land to the Colonials...don't yah think ? all of the land u.u

^ Remember that the Templars are only worried in controlling mankind's free-will not their lives, ''The world'' is nothing more than the limitation of human perception. Controlling human perception to only be able to choose peace and remove the capacity to choose to harm and you have controlled free-will, but they would still retain their lives, and choices....I mean there are nearly a limitless amount of reasons to choose to be peaceful :D just no harming others and exploiting the weak.

Yikes! I thought the shooting threats were more of a bluff. Had no clue they were serious and using them as an example. @_@

As for controlling free-will.... I wonder what would happen if someone did a mean act under Templar control. I bet they'd come for you at night. @_@

Reading this makes it seem like the Templars are right. Like I said before, it'd make a good excuse to end the franchise as there's no opposition to defeat "The Empire" so they can freely reboot it. I would mind kicking Ezio's *** when he's a Templar in a rebooted version of the series. As well as witness the cries of the fangirls who love him moan like the change with Dante.

If by questionable means you mean mindcontrol then no, I don't support Abstergo or their dirty tricks. But then mindcontrol isn't the only way to achieve control. The Templars don't have mindcontrol as their sole objective; its control. As Haytham said, their objective is order, direction, purpose. Nothing more. And that can be achieved by other methods too. They were doing fine in the Colonies without mindcontrol until lil' Connor came along and fracked things up.

Nah, I mean the Templars in general. Not Abstergo. I have no issue with their goal. But.... killing people, false accusations and mass hysteria, eeeeeeeeeehhhhhh.....not quite the ways I'd agree to. Though I did enjoy the game "Xanatos Speed Chess" Connor and the Templars played in AC3.

Dumbest thing, but why don't they not just talk about what they wanna do instead of waiting till one of them dies? Robert seemed....vicious at times.

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 06:33 AM
witness the cries of the fangirls moan
I wouldn't mind that too much :|

pirate1802
03-24-2013, 06:38 AM
Creepy..

Spider_Sith9
03-24-2013, 06:39 AM
I wouldn't mind that too much :|

Agreed. Their precious charismatic "better than everyone because of that" protagonist now an antagonist who destroys everyone and can't be stopped.

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 06:41 AM
Agreed. Their precious charismatic "better than everyone because of that" protagonist now an antagonist who destroys everyone and can't be stopped.
Hehe..eh Y-yeaaaah makes for much better moaning.......because AC and Ezio are famous Is what I mean of course :|

Acrimonious_Nin
03-24-2013, 06:42 AM
So because they know what they're doing, it's ok? So they will do anything to get in power no matter the cost? Hmmm great leaders and that's just how I interpreted what you are saying about how the Assassins kill.

"So because they know what they're doing, it's ok?"

ummm...if you want to give your life to someone that doesn't know what they are doing ? as dumb as it sounds >_>....and it's not like the Assassins know what their lives are about because Altair admits, in Revelations, that he was foolish enough to believe that the creed had the answers to everything. And Ezio ended up a farmer. >_> These sound like epic leaders....and quitters too...after ignorantly killing those that actually did know what they were doing and trying to help people....they sit back and think.."****, we are so cool, we killed society's future, they can wait for it to come for them, if there still alive that is."..>_> So the Assassins really Don't know what their doing...to be straight forward, and make for horrible leaders. Colonial Leaders were all liers, so...>_> it's not like we have much a choice, the Templars just know what their doing. :D

"So they will do anything to get in power no matter the cost?"

Don't the Assassins do the same ? Do whatever it takes to make sure the guy trying to better society dies ? I do not see the Templar plight as bad....it is just what needs to be done....unless you want to dream and wish and hope that there is another method in gaining influence and maintaining order in a peaceful society....but as far as I know it there are not that many roads or paths to guiding society and if killing off a few people, evil people at that could save the lives of countless others, then....>_> yes...by any means necessary...just like the Assassins do just with a hint of Templar.

"Hmmm great leaders and that's just how I interpreted what you are saying about how the Assassins kill."

Actually if you Call Altair and Ezio, the quitters of the creed, or some desperate, old man(Achilles) that could not do anything because he was too engulfed with self-pity to do anything, if you call these great leaders...then >_> I would have to tell you to reconsider this...because the Templars never gave up on the people as quickly as the Assassins have.

pirate1802
03-24-2013, 06:42 AM
Nah, I mean the Templars in general. Not Abstergo. I have no issue with their goal. But.... killing people, false accusations and mass hysteria, eeeeeeeeeehhhhhh.....not quite the ways I'd agree to. Though I did enjoy the game "Xanatos Speed Chess" Connor and the Templars played in AC3.

Killing is what Assassins do too. They are also not above false accusations too. Mass hysteria.. of what kind? (apart from what Abstergo is doing?)

Dumbest thing, but why don't they not just talk about what they wanna do instead of waiting till one of them dies? Robert seemed....vicious at times.

One of them did talk. Haytham. Yet Connor didn't budge. And he was indoctrinated the least among all the Assassins. And they did infact team up for a short period. Which is why I hope in future both sides see through their differences and join up.

Also, I'd really like to see an Assassin who takes Connor's doubts further and actually switches sides. Remember the Sentinel from ACR? Would have loved to see his story, his perspective.

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 06:44 AM
Call Altair and Ezio, the quitters of the creed, or some desperate, old man(Achilles) that could not do anything because he was too engulfed with self-pity to do anything, if you call these great leaders...then >_> I would have to tell you to reconsider this...because the Templars never gave up on the people as quickly as the Assassins have.
I wouldn't call Altair a quitter...he`s basically the reason the Assassins still exist..apart from that, carry on...

Acrimonious_Nin
03-24-2013, 06:44 AM
Can we have a [TAKE THAT DUDES GF] mechanic in AC IV....>_>...that would really be fun(ny).

roostersrule2
03-24-2013, 06:48 AM
"So because they know what they're doing, it's ok?"

ummm...if you want to give your life to someone that doesn't know what they are doing ? as dumb as it sounds >_>....and it's not like the Assassins know what their lives are about because Altair admits, in Revelations, that he was foolish enough to believe that the creed had the answers to everything. And Ezio ended up a farmer. >_> These sound like epic leaders....and quitters too...after ignorantly killing those that actually did know what they were doing and trying to help people....they sit back and think.."****, we are so cool, we killed society's future, they can wait for it to come for them, if there still alive that is."..>_> So the Assassins really Don't know what their doing...to be straight forward, and make for horrible leaders. Colonial Leaders were all liers, so...>_> it's not like we have much a choice, the Templars just know what their doing. :D

"So they will do anything to get in power no matter the cost?"

Don't the Assassins do the same ? Do whatever it takes to make sure the guy trying to better society dies ? I do not see the Templar plight as bad....it is just what needs to be done....unless you want to dream and wish and hope that there is another method in gaining influence and maintaining order in a peaceful society....but as far as I know it there are not that many roads or paths to guiding society and if killing off a few people, evil people at that could save the lives of countless others, then....>_> yes...by any means necessary...just like the Assassins do just with a hint of Templar.

"Hmmm great leaders and that's just how I interpreted what you are saying about how the Assassins kill."

Actually if you Call Altair and Ezio, the quitters of the creed, or some desperate, old man(Achilles) that could not do anything because he was too engulfed with self-pity to do anything, if you call these great leaders...then >_> I would have to tell you to reconsider this...because the Templars never gave up on the people as quickly as the Assassins have.The Assassins realised when their fights had no end, the Templars should have done the same. The Templars gave up on people first why do you think they want control? They're saying that people are weak, so the Templars must be in charge. An extremely arrogant way to look at things, it's why they can only succeed by force.

Acrimonious_Nin
03-24-2013, 06:51 AM
I wouldn't call Altair a quitter...he`s basically the reason the Assassins still exist..apart from that, carry on...

Well ofcourse...he didn't throw in the towel like Ezio, and Achilles, But as I recall his words..."I was foolish to think that our creed had the answers, if only I had the humility to say, 'I have seen enough for one life time'...", this sounds like he wanted to quit, but didn't due to his responsibilities. But we can verify that this is what he meant, when Ezio learned from Altair's life, and when he saw another Apple, he choice to agree that ''he has seen enough for one lifetime'' then retired...but what kept Altair going was that will to find the truth...nothing more....Ezio did not and quit....so I still see it as implied quitting :D

pirate1802
03-24-2013, 06:51 AM
Can we have a [TAKE THAT DUDES GF] mechanic in AC IV....>_>...that would really be fun(ny).

But then it will be lambasted as sexist.

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 06:52 AM
Well ofcourse...he didn't throw in the towel like Ezio, and Achilles, But as I recall his words..."I was foolish to think that our creed had the answers, if only I had the humility to say, 'I have seen enough for one life time'...", this sounds like he wanted to quit, but didn't due to his responsibilities. But we can verify that this is what he meant, when Ezio learned from Altair's life, and when he saw another Apple, he choice to agree that ''he has seen enough for one lifetime'' then retired...but what kept Altair going was that will to find the truth...nothing more....Ezio did not and quit....so I still see it as implied quitting :D
Well...implication and action are very different...I had sexual implications all over the previous page...did I just have sex ?? HELL NO xD

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 06:53 AM
it's why they can only succeed by force.
You just dug yourself into a hole :rolleyes:

Acrimonious_Nin
03-24-2013, 06:54 AM
The Assassins realised when their fights had no end, the Templars should have done the same. The Templars gave up on people first why do you think they want control? They're saying that people are weak, so the Templars must be in charge. An extremely arrogant way to look at things, it's why they can only succeed by force.

No they understand that people are weak, which can make them vulnerable to domination by others. They understand that people are Base, because things as base as sex, drugs, and superficial charm can misguide them. They understand that people are petty, so they gave people purpose so that they can look at their lives and find meaning. The Templars keep trying to understand humans so that they can help them. Just because words like weak sound bad and arrogant, is only a matter of your biased perspective. But sometimes Truth is as plain and simple as that....we make up the bias...but it doesn't make it any less true....

roostersrule2
03-24-2013, 06:55 AM
You just dug yourself into a hole :rolleyes:I'll find a way out.

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 06:57 AM
I'll find a way out.
To dig yourself into another one:p

Acrimonious_Nin
03-24-2013, 06:58 AM
But then it will be lambasted as sexist.

I saw no one complaining about Ezio when he slept with Italia her self >_>

Well...implication and action are very different...I had sexual implications all over the previous page...did I just have sex ?? HELL NO xD

>_> ...uhh...ummm...uhh...But it's what you wanted ? -__________________- ohhhhhh I am not going to reason with this....u.u lmao XD weird *** topic....

Rugterwyper32
03-24-2013, 06:58 AM
The way I see it, I can bring a comparison between the main character and villain of The Walking Dead and Assassins/Templars. Rick would be the assassins and The Governor the templars. One point of view is fighting to keep hope, the other has given it up altogether and manipulates its way to control.
And admittedly, both groups are crazy and screwing things up in different ways.

(you can ignore this I'm just rambling and I can't seem to fall asleep so this might not be as coherent as I'd like it to)

roostersrule2
03-24-2013, 06:59 AM
No they understand that people are weak, which can make them vulnerable to domination by others. They understand that people are Base, because things as base as sex, drugs, and superficial charm can misguide them. They understand that people are petty, so they gave people purpose so that they can look at their lives and find meaning. The Templars keep trying to understand humans so that they can help them.So they play on peoples vulnerability, aren't you meant to be saying how they're better then the Assassins? There's no meaning in that, it's just them trying to get in power. No if they were helping them they would be helping not controlling.

pirate1802
03-24-2013, 07:00 AM
To dig yourself into another one:p

Like what the Assassins always do. :p

roostersrule2
03-24-2013, 07:00 AM
To dig yourself into another one:pThe cycle never ends.

pirate1802
03-24-2013, 07:02 AM
I saw no one complaining about Ezio when he slept with Italia her self >_>

I have no idea in hell what would irk the antisexism brigade anymore.. so let's leave this discussion here XD

pirate1802
03-24-2013, 07:03 AM
The cycle never ends.

Go find a crucible, will ya?

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 07:03 AM
You know ? It`s kinda fun being a spectator for once. don't you think so, Pirate1802 ?

roostersrule2
03-24-2013, 07:04 AM
Go find a crucible, will ya?Does that mean if I screw up my own ending, I get cupcakes?

pirate1802
03-24-2013, 07:06 AM
You know ? It`s kinda fun being a spectator for once. don't you think so, Pirate1802 ?

Very fun indeed. Slack bacck on your chair while watching other people hack each other to death.. Heavenly :)

pirate1802
03-24-2013, 07:08 AM
Does that mean if I screw up my own ending, I get cupcakes?

No you'll get kicked outta the company you helped create XD

Spider_Sith9
03-24-2013, 07:09 AM
Killing is what Assassins do too. They are also not above false accusations too. Mass hysteria.. of what kind? (apart from what Abstergo is doing?)

One of them did talk. Haytham. Yet Connor didn't budge. And he was indoctrinated the least among all the Assassins. And they did infact team up for a short period. Which is why I hope in future both sides see through their differences and join up.

Also, I'd really like to see an Assassin who takes Connor's doubts further and actually switches sides. Remember the Sentinel from ACR? Would have loved to see his story, his perspective.
Actually I was speaking of Al-Mualim but he was turned on the Temps so scratch that. And yes, I agree. I mean the mindless slaughter to get closer to power. I didn't want Connor to be blamed for the Boston Massacre. Then again, we did need a Notoriety tutorial to merge with the story since Story is Everything these days. >_>

Oh yes, I remember that. Shame after what happened in Broken Trust he broke off the alliance. But he kinda asked for it. As for playing an Assassin who turns. It'd make a good twist at the end but I'd hate having to know one of the best characters (since we can slaughter 50+ guys) is now a Templar. It'd make him/her difficult to beat unless he gets nerfed like Haytham.

roostersrule2
03-24-2013, 07:10 AM
No you'll get kicked outta the company you helped create XDDo I at least get a sequel?

pirate1802
03-24-2013, 07:12 AM
Do I at least get a sequel?

Time will tell.

Offtopic: They teased a few concept sketches of the next ME and it seems the Asari are returning. My Liara!! <3

Kay now back on topic. :D

Spider_Sith9
03-24-2013, 07:12 AM
The cycle never ends.

Go find a crucible, will ya?

There is still hope. Trevor has altered the variables.

Acrimonious_Nin
03-24-2013, 07:13 AM
So they play on peoples vulnerability, aren't you meant to be saying how they're better then the Assassins? There's no meaning in that, it's just them trying to get in power. No if they were helping them they would be helping not controlling.

"So they play on peoples vulnerability, aren't you meant to be saying how they're better then the Assassins?"

well...last time I checked.....guiding people meant persuading or manipulating them. Which is how you lead people...naturally...As we have seen the Templars choose these methods over killing unnecessarily. Unlike the Assassins. And NO I am not trying to prove the Templars better, because no human is perfect or better than the other. I am just bringing an understanding to the slandered motives of the Templars. They are not bad nor oppressive...they just are perceived that way. Because people are looking through the Assassin's looking glass...and being biased about things....I said this earlier you can not be bilateral in your approach to understanding people if the side your choosing is naturally unilateral. In other words...you can't be open minded about religion while defending one beliefs system at the same time...just doesn't work that way.... >_> I am just showing you Templar goals and how they are actually good, given you actually analyze their plight as compared to the Assassins.

" There's no meaning in that, it's just them trying to get in power. No if they were helping them they would be helping not controlling."

Of course there is, this is the outline of how they are approaching there way into power through understanding...it proves that they do not hack there way to solutions. Unlike the Assassins. They understand human nature then work their way accordingly. It's the ''understanding'' that gave them the capacity to get into power to give people such advancement in society we see today, from Capitalism to Facebook.

Submit...you have lost this...you are gasping for air....join the Templars...make this struggle at least worth something :D

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 07:15 AM
from Capitalism to Facebook.
This....This made my day...

Thanks

Acrimonious_Nin
03-24-2013, 07:18 AM
This....This made my day...

Thanks

XD what can I say....we are the same race that went from Orchestrated master pieces and beautiful dances such as waltz....to...>_>...the Harlem shake...-_-

roostersrule2
03-24-2013, 07:19 AM
"So they play on peoples vulnerability, aren't you meant to be saying how they're better then the Assassins?"

well...last time I checked.....guiding people meant persuading or manipulating them. Which is how you lead people...naturally...As we have seen the Templars choose these methods over killing unnecessarily. Unlike the Assassins. And NO I am not trying to prove the Templars better, because no human is perfect or better than the other. I am just bringing an understanding to the slandered motives of the Templars. They are not bad nor oppressive...they just are perceived that way. Because people are looking through the Assassin's looking glass...and being biased about things....I said this earlier you can not be bilateral in your approach to understanding people if the side your choosing is naturally unilateral. In other words...you can't be open minded about religion while defending one beliefs system at the same time...just doesn't work that way.... >_> I am just showing you Templar goals and how they are actually good, given you actually analyze their plight as compared to the Assassins.

" There's no meaning in that, it's just them trying to get in power. No if they were helping them they would be helping not controlling."

Of course there is, this is the outline of how they are approaching there way into power through understanding...it proves that they do not hack there way to solutions. Unlike the Assassins. They understand human nature then work their way accordingly. It's the ''understanding'' that gave them the capacity to get into power to give people such advancement in society we see today, from Capitalism to Facebook.Well this whole argument ends by what Lucy said about how they're goal is noble but the way they're reaching them is not. The Templars will do anything to reach their goal, the Assassins are there to stop the Templars and any like them, the only reason the Assassins exist is because they can see the flaws of the Templars.

Spider_Sith9
03-24-2013, 07:24 AM
from Capitalism to Facebook.

A site that is heavily monitored. What's wrong with that picture. Hell, I have no clue why I have an account there (I do but......the reason I do was to go after a few people who did me wrong/I did wrong so basically a revenge story).

XD what can I say....we are the same race that went from Orchestrated master pieces and beautiful dances such as waltz....to...>_>...the Harlem shake...-_-

I like that song. The older times was classy. Now it's about grinding in clubs.

Fun Fact: The Harlem Shake was originally called the Albee.

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 07:25 AM
Fun Fact: The Harlem Shake was originally called the Albee.
Fun Fact #2: Albee means "my heart" in the Egyptian dialect of Arabic

roostersrule2
03-24-2013, 07:27 AM
Fun Fact #2: Albee means "my heart" in the Egyptian dialect of ArabicFun Fact #3: Arabic's a language.

Acrimonious_Nin
03-24-2013, 07:28 AM
Well this whole argument ends by what Lucy said about how they're goal is noble but the way they're reaching them is not. The Templars will do anything to reach their goal, the Assassins are there to stop the Templars and any like them, the only reason the Assassins exist is because they can see the flaws of the Templars.

Wrong Lucy admits that she did not like the Templars approach to Desmond, but in a letter to Clay she writes that William is only using people in his little war against the Templars and admits to trying to turn Clay into a Templar through Understanding the truth of what is going on. If anything Clay was having a crappy life and William used these vulnerabilities to recruit him, just like how Ezio recruit only people that had a reason to hate the Borgia. Even in one of the Erudito hacks in the AC3 MP storyline (Mile's folly_hack) you see other assassins admitting that Williams plight is not a means to an end here's proof: "Miles can't stop them. Whatever he does, whatever secret he kept for himself, won't work. It's a battle that's been raging for mellennia. Miles' actions are not a means to an end."

This whole argument ends with the understanding that the Templars are the lesser evil here even William's brotherhood doesn't support his moves

- IN HOC SIGNOS VINCES !

pirate1802
03-24-2013, 07:29 AM
Fun Fact #9001: Laura (which is a popular western name) means male genitals in Hindi.

Laura Bush.. :| Oh dear..

Acrimonious_Nin
03-24-2013, 07:30 AM
Fun fact #4 Arabic is spoken in Egypt

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 07:30 AM
Fun Fact #3: Arabic's a language.
Fun Fact #5: That`s not fun

pirate1802
03-24-2013, 07:32 AM
There can be many dialects of a single language..? In here there are god knows how many dialects of Hindi. Some of them sound alien to me O_o

roostersrule2
03-24-2013, 07:32 AM
Wrong Lucy admits that she did not like the Templars approach to Desmond, but in a letter to Clay she writes that William is only using people in his little war against the Templars and admits to trying to turn Clay into a Templar through Understanding the truth of what is going on. If anything Clay was having a crappy life and William used these vulnerabilities to recruit him, just like how Ezio recruit only people that had a reason to hate the Borgia. Even in one of the Erudito hacks in the AC3 MP storyline (Mile's folly_hack) you see other assassins admitting that Williams plight is not a means to an end here's proof: "Miles can't stop them. Whatever he does, whatever secret he kept for himself, won't work. It's a battle that's been raging for mellennia. Miles' actions are not a means to an end."

This whole argument ends with the understanding that the Templars are the lesser evil here even William's brotherhood doesn't support his moves

- IN HOC SIGNOS VINCES !No they're are more evil, they had 3 people killed (2 were children) so that they could get a Templar out of jail. Biggest mistake they ever made.

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 07:33 AM
No they're are more evil, they had 3 people killed (2 were children) so that they could get a Templar out of jail. Biggest mistake they ever made.
Ezio set a town on fire to get to his target...(so Children probably died down there too)

roostersrule2
03-24-2013, 07:33 AM
Fun Fact #5: That`s not funFun Fact #6: M's gay hehe.

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 07:34 AM
Fun Fact #6: M's gay hehe.
I prove my heterosexuality everyday here :|

pirate1802
03-24-2013, 07:35 AM
Fun Fact #7: I grab popcorn whenever there's a possibility of a fun war happening.

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 07:36 AM
Fun Fact #7: I grab popcorn whenever there's a possibility of a fun war happening.
wait....you actually do ?

Acrimonious_Nin
03-24-2013, 07:36 AM
I think things just turned to my favor...I am grabbing a bag of chips and watching this happen....>_> Clearly the Templars have more reason to exist...:D

roostersrule2
03-24-2013, 07:37 AM
I prove my heterosexuality everyday here :|I find it funny of how you have to prove it, maybe it's because your self conscious of your real sexuality, hmm?

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 07:37 AM
I find it funny of how you have to prove it, maybe it's because your self conscious of your real sexuality, hmm?
damm it :O

Acrimonious_Nin
03-24-2013, 07:38 AM

I bet you partied when America went to Iraq -__________- wasn't that fun...when everyone was accusing America for going there for oil....when in fact we were there for Operation Iraqi Liberation.....don't mind any alluring thoughts to O.I.L ....u.u

Spider_Sith9
03-24-2013, 07:38 AM
No they're are more evil, they had 3 people killed (2 were children) so that they could get a Templar out of jail. Biggest mistake they ever made.

When was this?

Ezio set a town on fire to get to his target...(so Children probably died down there too)

This is true.

Acrimonious_Nin
03-24-2013, 07:39 AM
Don't give up M comeback with a fury [*throws popcorn at Rooster and black_widow9 XD]

roostersrule2
03-24-2013, 07:40 AM
When was this?

This is true.Play AC2, I also remember I certain Templar destroying a whole settlement for letting his dad live, lol@logic.

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 07:43 AM
Play AC2, I also remember I certain Templar destroying a whole settlement for letting his dad live, lol@logic.
Ezio using the people to start a rebellion to get inside the arsenal ?

pirate1802
03-24-2013, 07:43 AM
damm it :O

A curt No would have sufficed, but you dug yourself in a hole here.

roostersrule2
03-24-2013, 07:44 AM
Ezio using the people to start a rebellion to get inside the arsenal ?Templars aiding a whole war on purpose to get the churches approval.

Spider_Sith9
03-24-2013, 07:45 AM
Don't give up M comeback with a fury [*throws popcorn at Rooster and black_widow9 XD]

When was widow mentioned?

Play AC2, I also remember I certain Templar destroying a whole settlement for letting his dad live, lol@logic.

Oh yeah that. That was just....cruel. Poor Ezio had no clue why that happened and nearly got killed himself. Left his mother in catatonic shock for years.

Acrimonious_Nin
03-24-2013, 07:46 AM
^ that was so 900 years ago...u.u...now the Templars use money....it's better than whips and chains no ?

pirate1802
03-24-2013, 07:47 AM
I bet you partied when America went to Iraq -__________- wasn't that fun...when everyone was accusing America for going there for oil....when in fact we were there for Operation Iraqi Liberation.....don't mind any alluring thoughts to O.I.L ....u.u

Yup. I was in an orbiting satellite when that happened. Consuming popcorn and some rum.

Assassin_M
Templars aiding a whole war on purpose to get the churches approval.
Ezio killing a ****** ? Assassins not stopping the Ottomans from conquering countries and killing countless innocents just because they can be allies ?

roostersrule2
When was widow mentioned?

Oh yeah that. That was just....cruel. Poor Ezio had no clue why that happened and nearly got killed himself. Left his mother in catatonic shock for years.Indeed and look what they did to Dante.

roostersrule2
03-24-2013, 07:48 AM
Ezio killing a ****** ? Assassins not stopping the Ottomans from conquering countries and killing countless innocents just because they can be allies ?Well that's similar but I can assure you there would of been 50x the amount of deaths in the crusades then in that.

Acrimonious_Nin
03-24-2013, 07:50 AM
Ezio killing a ****** ? Assassins not stopping the Ottomans from conquering countries and killing countless innocents just because they can be allies ?

omg....>_>...that actually is....true....forgot about...that bit....I guess that makes them == the crusade's activity back then.. O_O

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 07:50 AM
Well that's similar but I can assure you there would of been 50x the amount of deaths in the crusades then in that.
So it`s the amount of deaths now ? You`re sounding like politicians "Only 10 people died" ONLY ?? only ? It`s still death...

Spider_Sith9
03-24-2013, 07:51 AM
Yup. I was in an orbiting satellite when that happened. Consuming popcorn and some rum. Did the Galeos destroy that one when Dauragon was killed? How'd you get out?

pirate1802
03-24-2013, 07:52 AM
Did the Galeos destroy that one when Dauragon was killed? How'd you get out?

I have no ****ing idea what you're talking about.

roostersrule2
03-24-2013, 07:54 AM
So it`s the amount of deaths now ? You`re sounding like politicians "Only 10 people died" ONLY ?? only ? It`s still death...
The amount of deaths is everything.

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 07:55 AM
The amount of deaths is everything.
Not to the Templar`s nor the Assassins...both do not care about how many people they kill to reach a goal, both killed civilians, both made mistakes, both had corrupt leaders and both are VERY humanely vulnerable..

The amount of deaths is irrelevant..

roostersrule2
03-24-2013, 07:56 AM
The Templars also had Nikola Tesla killed or imprisoned or whatever for making a source of power that'd be free.

Acrimonious_Nin
03-24-2013, 07:56 AM
:O gasp should we not cherish human life minus that of corrupt politicians....>_>....As AC teaches us XD

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 07:59 AM
The Templars also had Nikola Tesla killed or imprisoned or whatever for making a source of power that'd be free.
And close a HUGE market that would provide tons of jobs for people looking for Jobs ?

Trust me..this can go on forever if you look at it differently...

roostersrule2
03-24-2013, 08:02 AM
And close a HUGE market that would provide tons of jobs for people looking for Jobs ?

Trust me..this can go on forever if you look at it differently...The jobs would still be there and I'll stop, for now anyway hehehe.

Spider_Sith9
03-24-2013, 08:02 AM
I have no ****ing idea what you're talking about.

Must've never played The Bouncer.

The Leader of a Megacorp named Mikado was being abused by the current CEO. Dauragon C. Mikado. He wanted to use a Solar Powered Generator Satellite to gain infinite Solar Energy (think like the Star Forge) and use a ship named Galeos to control it. He wanted to control Mankind and unleash his wrath on those that oppose him (Hospital went BOOM). What he also wanted was the Protagonist, Sion's Girlfriend, who was a Bionoid as a replacement for his dead sister that the Hospital didn't want to save. Going so far to experiment on a childhood friend of Sion's and faked her death. After the misery he's gone through, her loyalties lie with her.

You should try it! Good stuff. Poor Dauragon.

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 08:05 AM
The jobs would still be there and I'll stop, for now anyway hehehe.
How would a free commodity provide jobs ?

roostersrule2
03-24-2013, 08:08 AM
How would a free commodity provide jobs ?Well you need people to get it, so the government would tax it. It would be cheaper rather then free.

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 08:11 AM
Well you need people to get it, so the government would tax it. It would be cheaper rather then free.
So it`s still not free

Spider_Sith9
03-24-2013, 08:15 AM
I hope pirate hasn't gone offline. I wanna see his response to the whole Bouncer post. D:

Ai I love that game. :3

Btw, this thread is gonna have to die. It always gets too serious. I bet it's because people realize what would happen in real world scenarios.

It's either these choices...

1. Politics are involved.

2. Templars make sense and are right.

3. Both are involved.

4. They are all flawed and no one will care. Walls of Text.

The paths are open. You must choose.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyKemgl1c6s

The way I see it, I can bring a comparison between the main character and villain of The Walking Dead and Assassins/Templars. Rick would be the assassins and The Governor the templars. One point of view is fighting to keep hope, the other has given it up altogether and manipulates its way to control.
And admittedly, both groups are crazy and screwing things up in different ways.

(you can ignore this I'm just rambling and I can't seem to fall asleep so this might not be as coherent as I'd like it to)

I thoroughly will. The Governor is more like Omega DLC Aria T'loak and less of a Templar.

poptartz20
03-24-2013, 08:19 AM
Umm... pretty sure I would have to lean to the side of the Templars. : /

After playing AC3 Haytham pretty much connected the dots for me.

FREEDOM IS CHAOS!

Spider_Sith9
03-24-2013, 08:24 AM
Umm... pretty sure I would have to lean to the side of the Templars. : /

After playing AC3 Haytham pretty much connected the dots for me.

FREEDOM IS CHAOS!

Oh gee, and it only took you 5 years to figure it out. >_> .....I hate it when people ignore AC1.

Interesting, does this mean you'd side with Adachi/Ameno-Sagiri and Izanami in Persona 4 (those who've played it knows what I'm talking about).

TinyTemplar
03-24-2013, 09:08 AM
I'll always protect the good and innocent, no matter on which side :cool:

pirate1802
03-24-2013, 09:09 AM
I'll always protect the good and innocent, no matter on which side :cool:

This man speaks sense.

Spider_Sith9
03-24-2013, 09:22 AM
This man speaks sense.
It seems like a coincidence his name is TinyTemplar. Who's my badass Dictator? Yes you are! Yes you are! <3

ArabianFrost
03-24-2013, 09:23 AM
I just started a new historical /political /philosophical/top secret new organisation called the "Equilibrium". We (I)strive to strike balance between control and pleasantness of everyone. We (I) have cookies and POEs. Any one wants to join?

Spider_Sith9
03-24-2013, 09:33 AM
I just started a new historical /political /philosophical/top secret new organisation called the "Equilibrium". We (I)strive to strike balance between control and pleasantness of everyone. We (I) have cookies and POEs. Any one wants to join?

Did you make a website? Also, if this is true, it just shows how bad these threads have gotten.

Always remember, it's just a game. None of this is real. ;)

I'd prefer the cookies. I'd rather not **** with an Artifact of Doom.

roostersrule2
03-24-2013, 09:45 AM
Did you make a website? Also, if this is true, it just shows how bad these threads have gotten.

I'd prefer the cookies. I'd rather not **** with an Artifact of Doom.I said the thing that's it's just a game like 8 pages ago hahaha I still got sucked in though.

ArabianFrost
03-24-2013, 09:45 AM

I'd prefer the cookies. I'd rather not **** with an Artifact of Doom.

We only strive to open the minds of people. Question our motives and you'll get a free knife to the throat.

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 09:46 AM
We only strive to open the minds of people. Question our motives and you'll get a free knife to the throat.
Nice combo between the Assassins and Templars.....nice..nice

ArabianFrost
03-24-2013, 09:49 AM
Nice combo between the Assassins and Templars.....nice..nice

Hence the title "Equilibrium". We didn't earn that name for nothing, you know.

Spider_Sith9
03-24-2013, 09:51 AM
Can I just get a free frosting to the mouth? D: *is thoroughly traumatized*

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 09:51 AM
Hence the title "Equilibrium". We didn't earn that name for nothing, you know.
I mean you could`v chosen any other combo like, We`re to open the minds of people by controlling them, but yours I like....

pirate1802
03-24-2013, 09:55 AM
So.. open your minds or we'll open your throats? xD

ArabianFrost
03-24-2013, 09:57 AM
I mean you could`v chosen any other combo like, We`re to open the minds of people by controlling them, but yours I like....

See, take the liberals for example: Tell them we seek to open the minds of people by controlling them and they'll throw a tantrum. Tell them that we only seek to open their, using unmentioned means and they won't care much. The people want to be eluded into thinking that they have freedom, so why not give them this illusion and still have power? Every one is a winner.

TinyTemplar
03-24-2013, 10:04 AM
The people want to be eluded into thinking that they have freedom, so why not give them this illusion and still have power? Every one is a winner.

We do have freedom you silly :)

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 10:05 AM
We do have freedom you silly :)
lol no

Spider_Sith9
03-24-2013, 10:06 AM
Why do I get the feeling this thread too a very dark turn? I don't think this is about Assassin's Creed anymore. @_@

TinyTemplar
03-24-2013, 10:06 AM
lol no
lol yes, I see it with my own eyes every day :)

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 10:07 AM
lol yes, I see it with my own eyes every day :)
no......wait...I think that`s the plan...oh yes...you have freedom...lots of freedom :| repeat after me

I AM FREE
I AM FREE
I AM FREE
I AM FREE

TinyTemplar
03-24-2013, 10:07 AM
Another fact that most of us don't even know what to do with it :)

pirate1802
03-24-2013, 10:13 AM
Stealth trolling, I think I see.

TinyTemplar
03-24-2013, 10:21 AM
I don't think my words above could piss off someone, It's only my view on things. I just want to say that nothing but our mortal body restricts our freedom :)

p.s. maybe I should get rid of this smiley

pirate1802
03-24-2013, 10:31 AM
That smiley is suspicious.. I think I'm onto something here.

Legendz54
03-24-2013, 10:47 AM

Templar_M would be more suitable.

OP: I would be an Assassin.

TinyTemplar
03-24-2013, 10:54 AM
That smiley is suspicious.. I think I'm onto something here.
Ubisoft's fault. That smiley had to represent kindness.

Spider_Sith9
03-24-2013, 10:58 AM
Templar_M would be more suitable.

OP: I would be an Assassin.

Nah, I agree with the people who say Hayth_M

RinoTheBouncer
03-24-2013, 01:37 PM
I go for Assassin.

I explained how I respect Templars like Haytham and their ways of thinking but to give power to a certain group or one person is a crime on it's own. Who guarantees that this man who will hold the Apple will lead people to what's of benefit to them? there's Iraq, Saddam Hussein prisoned and killed everyone who stood in his way. Many people starved there and he and his family lived a perfect life, in fact he bought his wife an island while the electricity cuts every single day for 2 hours. He banned satellite dishes and censor free internet and executed those who owned a fully accessible internet or satellite (and prisoned those who owned satellite dishes without full access to all channels). So can you call this Templar a fair leader? is he leading the country to peace and a good life? there was peace indeed in his time but is that what life is all about? peace? are we really that simple to only be looking for peace and survival?

The answer is no.

Acrimonious_Nin
03-24-2013, 04:37 PM
:O Gasp I guess Saddam was an Assassin after all....>_>...what a bad man.....

ArabianFrost
03-24-2013, 04:45 PM
I go for Assassin.

I explained how I respect Templars like Haytham and their ways of thinking but to give power to a certain group or one person is a crime on it's own. Who guarantees that this man who will hold the Apple will lead people to what's of benefit to them? there's Iraq, Saddam Hussein prisoned and killed everyone who stood in his way. Many people starved there and he and his family lived a perfect life, in fact he bought his wife an island while the electricity cuts every single day for 2 hours. He banned satellite dishes and censor free internet and executed those who owned a fully accessible internet or satellite (and prisoned those who owned satellite dishes without full access to all channels). So can you call this Templar a fair leader? is he leading the country to peace and a good life? there was peace indeed in his time but is that what life is all about? peace? are we really that simple to only be looking for peace and survival?

The answer is no.

Who ever said the templars were ever a governing organisation? Haytham clearly said that Templars do not care about or associate themselves with any governments, for they only seek to reap the benefits behind such relationships. Also, never was it mentioned that Saddam is a Templar, so why believe so?

Shamgar823
03-24-2013, 08:35 PM
Ill admit, AC3 really made me think deeper on the matter of the Am. Rev. and also the two "fictional" aspects of Assassin v Templar.
I have only played AC1 and AC3, but from what I gathered, the Assassins are more about freedom for everyone, even if followed by chaos caused by brought about by the freedom. And the Templars were all about order, even if this means lack of freedom.
It is hard to choose one of these over the other, but i feel human nature leads me to choose freedom followed by cause because at least then we get to choose our own fate. So by what i understand Id choose to be an Assassin..plus they are badass

tinrisky
03-24-2013, 11:19 PM
Assassin!

TripleR309
03-24-2013, 11:34 PM
__-__-__Neither__-__-__

BigTrevor94
03-26-2013, 08:40 AM
Gotta say I'm shocked how many people are neutral...I mean...this is a ASSASSINS form ahha