PDA

View Full Version : WHat have you done ?

Segomil
03-23-2013, 02:01 AM
What have you done to the old M&M series ?

I cannot see the magic touch of M&M !
Monsters are identic as Warcrat/diablo/heroes ect ...

Where are all of the monster of the world of xeen ect ... so colored, funny & magic ???

The people need to do research on google (image of what was the beautiful design in the old time ... des cracheurs de sang amusant , ect ...

nOW the monsters are all the same as any game of today ! ... music too !

Where IS the magic music OF m&m ? ... PATHETIC ... you will not have my money for this one ; OH NO !
Why make a game just to please the fans of Diablo, Warcraft, and even of skyrim ... and forget the fans of the old game Might & Magic! This ... does not make sense!

PATHETIC AS USUAL !

znork
03-23-2013, 12:14 PM
i think the best answer to this post is ooookkk

Nergall
03-23-2013, 03:48 PM
Lol

e8hffff
03-24-2013, 02:18 AM
Where IS the magic music OF m&m ? ... PATHETIC ... you will not have my money for this one ; OH NO !
Why make a game just to please the fans of Diablo, Warcraft, and even of skyrim ... and forget the fans of the old game Might & Magic! This ... does not make sense!!

It maybe due to the game being cut down for Console release and then happens to run on the PC. We all understand sales are important to a company/business, but they need to also understand they are killing the market with restrictive games. Where are the epic titles.

It's any wonder people go to Pirate Bay to test games before purchase.

Obviously it's a wait and see scenario. Finger's crossed that this is a great game.

Segomil
03-24-2013, 08:25 PM
No it's not too soon to give our opinion ... because there is still time to avoid a disaster ... already on youtube the trailer does not have a great success !
On the ubisoft website there currently 3 images. These images are infidels to the M&M series and are more influenced by the great success game of today: UNFORTUNATELY !

*One is the skeleton of a dragon VERY identical to skyrim with the same tasteless landscape ... very SAME washy world !

**An other is three character were straight out of Drakensang or of any game you've already played since the last years !

***Then a young mage identical of all mmorpg of the moment.

Now made a search ​​with google image on the "World of Xeen" ,,,the result IS NOT FAITHFUL AT ALL!
How it is possible ?

What have you done.
I cannot see the magic touch of M&M ?!
Monsters are identic as Warcrat/diablo/heroes....
Where are all of the monsters of the real world of xeen so colored & funny ? The people need to do A research about the real bestiary of M&M...NOW the monsters are all the same : ORC, GOBLIN ect ...Why make a game just to please the fans of Diablo,Warcraft and forget the fans of Might & Magic! This does not make sense!

The real bestiary of M&M are large and very imaginative : ROBOTS fire-eaters. ELECTRIC MILES LEG,NINJA WITH FLAMING SWORDS, ELECTRIC BEE ...ect ... each of them with a particulary sounds ... now THE LEGACY BESTIARY WILL HAVE THE SAME LION ROAR that you see in every game of today ! ( OR MAYBE TWO with the native scream) : PATHETIC !

"OLD SCHOOL NEW RULES" Oh Yeah, now i have my own slogan : "NEW RULES NO PURCHASE!"
This is not from M&M classics, but from the heroes series ... VERY BAD WORK ON THIS ONE : VERY BAD !

AGAIN DO A SEARCH OF THE BESTIARY OF THE M&M WORLD ... THIS WAS FANSTASTIC BECAUSE THE SOUND WHICH CAME WITH IT WAS WORDERFUL !

..Why make a game just to please the fans of Diablo, Warcraft & SURELY FOR HEROES and forget the REAL fans of Might & Magic ? This does not make sense !

For me the last thing to do is to wait for that the fans of the heroes series buys the game ( because the game is inspired by it) and wait for reviews ... and also to say to the fans of the series of M & M to wait until the truth goes out !.

Isleofterra
03-24-2013, 08:38 PM
You sucks. I d'ont understand how without know anything, you can deduce that bestiary is not like in M&M.

Bestiary appearance has know lots of change during the differents episodes. M&M 6 bestiary didn't ressemble to former M&M. Same thing for M&M9.
M&M is a heroic fanstasy RPG with some things from SF. In the screens avaliable, wan can see the same thing like in M&m license.

I play at M&m since the one in 1986 and I don't see a problem with bestiary.

e8hffff
03-25-2013, 08:07 AM
I hate Warcraft graphics. It's so basic and cartoonish. Everquest 1 and Might and Magic series tried to be realistic.

Quietus87
03-25-2013, 03:02 PM
... Might and Magic series tried to be realistic.

Like Isles of Terra, Clouds of Xeen, Darkside of Xeen...

Talin_Trollbane
04-18-2013, 09:01 PM
if anything Might and Magic tried to be the more unrealistic cartoony RPG series, like a fun bizarro version of Wizardry.

mertox
04-21-2013, 07:43 PM
M&M 6 bestiary didn't ressemble to former M&M. Same thing for M&M9..

And there is a very simple reason for this. Most of the original M&M games took place on different worlds.

M & M 1 - takes place on Varn
M & M II - takes place on Cron
M & M III - takes place on Terra
M & M IV & V - takes place on Xeen
M & M VI - VIII - takes place on Enroth
M & M IX - not sure what the name of the planet it but Enroth was destroyed so it is a new place completely.
M & M X - will take place on Ashan

So yeah, it is hard for the bestiary to be the same as the original considering that with this one, it will have covered six different planets.

Quietus87
04-22-2013, 02:34 PM
Even the goblins weren't the same on the two sides of Xeen!

Valistarius
04-28-2013, 08:29 AM
I agree that the developers have something to live up to. Might and Magic VI+VII were the Skyrim of the day, where other RPGs like Baldur's Gate still operated with a top-down 2d perspective.

As such, the beastery should aim to be as realistic as possible, oppsed to the cartoonish style that unfortunately sets the norm of today's games (Elder Scrolls Online being the one exception, to my knowledge).

Talin_Trollbane
05-02-2013, 10:39 AM
MMIX and MMX takes place on Ashan.

Quietus87
05-02-2013, 04:10 PM
MMIX is still NWC/3DO era game. It takes place on the same world as Heroes of Might & Magic IV, Axeoth. The Ubi-era and Ashan began with Dark Messiah and Heroes V.