PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone actually interested in Sailing and hunting?

stingray10
03-22-2013, 10:34 PM
To be honest, i find it lack-luster. Whenever i play any of navy missons i just can't help but think this is...boring. And hunting? What's the point to be honest? It just feels as if Ubisoft is negleting the worse parts of the games like the enemy AI and mission structure. If i wanted to kill animals i would go to Red Dead Redemption. I am playing an Assassin not a hunter of rabbits. It just feels so irrelevant.

FourDea123
03-22-2013, 10:36 PM
and moving on speedily :p

WalSwJan
03-22-2013, 10:36 PM
I am.

THE_JOKE_KING33
03-22-2013, 10:42 PM
Sailing I freakin LOVE!

Hunting, meh not so much, never really did it after I hunted what was necessary, same with RDR.

itsamea-mario
03-22-2013, 10:43 PM
Yes i am you silly sausage.

Sushiglutton
03-22-2013, 10:46 PM
I am interested in both. Sailing in AC3 was fairly fun allready. And since we can now let go of the wheel at any time to jump into the water, to another ship, or climb the mast it will feel like a much more integrated part of the game. It's also something unique. I'm looking forward to that a lot! As for hunting I thought the implementation in AC3 was real mediocre. If they can get rid of the QTE's (or at the very least make them more interesting), create a better system for tracking and let us aim our own weapon it could be a fun sideactivity.

itsamea-mario
03-22-2013, 10:49 PM
To be honest, it's one of the things i'm most excited about. We've already experienced a bit of naval gameplay, and i personally reall liked it, and now we have it a gain, except more of it.

silvermercy
03-22-2013, 10:56 PM
It mentioned in an article that we'll be discovering new islands on the Jackdaw. I wouldn't mind sailing as long as I don't spend endless hours in the sea looking for them.
I hope they make sailing a bit smoother though.

ACfan443
03-22-2013, 11:06 PM
I don't mind hunting. Sailing on the other hand...
Okay, I don't have a problem with it per se, I just feel that it doesn't have a place in the AC universe, and is better off to be developed into a new IP.

Mr_Shade
03-22-2013, 11:06 PM
Glad to see so much interest ;)

rileypoole1234
03-22-2013, 11:09 PM
To be honest, it's one of the things i'm most excited about. We've already experienced a bit of naval gameplay, and i personally reall liked it, and now we have it a gain, except more of it.

This

Free_Hidings
03-22-2013, 11:11 PM
I enjoyed hunting and sailing but I don't want a game centred around them. I think AC3 had a good balance as both were mostly optional. It's great having animals roaming around and doing their thing for immersion, and having the option to hunt them is cool. I'm concerned AC4 will have too much emphasis on sailing though. I would rather focus on what I felt AC3 did so well (combat, free running / climbing / exploration in general)

silvermercy
03-22-2013, 11:13 PM
May I add I'd also like to see a seagull crapping on Edward at some point during sailing. It's a must I say! Please PLEASE make my dream come true!

eagleforlife1
03-22-2013, 11:13 PM
Need I answer...yes.

jenyto
03-22-2013, 11:29 PM
It mentioned in an article that we'll be discovering new islands on the Jackdaw. I wouldn't mind sailing as long as I don't spend endless hours in the sea looking for them.
I hope they make sailing a bit smoother though.
Ya, as long as it's not like in Suikoden 4 naval travel *vomits*

I didn't mind the the hunting, after all it fits with the character and the setting. It would be very weird to see a forest with no animals and not be able to do anything with them.
And the sailing was cool :D

doogsy91
03-22-2013, 11:48 PM
I am very much interested. What's the point in hunting? What was the point in hunting in Red Dead? You could pretty much play the entire game without having to hunt a single animal. There doesn't need to be a point for it be enjoyable. Admittedly, AC3's hunting system was a bit poor, especially with the dodgy free-aim and highlighted animals, but it could be great and the same goes for the sailing. I'd much rather hunt and sail than have to recruit/raise/train a friggin brotherhood and reno a city / do all the stupid homestead crap every game... That's just me though.

pacmanate
03-22-2013, 11:53 PM
I wouldn't say sailing is interesting, but it best be more fun than AC3's.

As for hunting I don't see why in AC4 this is needed other than the whole "We did it before, put it in the game!".

Shamgar823
03-22-2013, 11:59 PM
I loved the Naval missions in AC3. never have i played something like it. such a thrill. hunting...meh. I know bear pelts get you like 400E butttttt

ArabianFrost
03-23-2013, 12:17 AM
Unless Ubisoft actually constructs a proper economic system around hunting, then I'll just just hunt humans to satisfy my sadistic preying needs. At the end, animals are mostly human enemy AI that you can skin for money. As for sailing, I see no point in arguing about its validity at the moment, but after a few thorough hours of recent AC3 naval warfare, I will be carefully optimistic about where the sailing is going, because I felt that the naval lost its niche after a few hours, but then again, that can be easily combated with more land missions in between. Be very cautiously optimistic about it, I'd say.

dxsxhxcx
03-23-2013, 01:55 AM
hunting was boring in AC3 and I have a feeling that whaling will be another bunch of QTE that will be interesting at first but will become boring pretty fast, the naval system was a cool addition in AC3, if they really improve what we had in AC3 I have no doubt it will be cool in AC4 as well but instead of limit its usage in AC where the focus isn't sailing just because the franchise already have a name and the sales it'll provide I would like to see this feature being used in a new franchise whose focus is sailing to see this feature achieve its full potential because in AC IMO this will never happen...

Subject J80
03-23-2013, 02:54 AM
Oh YES...oh yes, yes, yeeeeeesssss!!! YYYYYYEEEESSSSSSS!!!! OOOOHHHHHH!!!! OOOOHHHHHHH!!!! YYYYYYYEEEESSSSSS!!!! I do like to hunt and sail!

projectpat06
03-23-2013, 04:11 AM
I imagine the hunting in AC4 won't be as prevalent in AC4. AC3 did a great job building a huge frontier filled with wildlife, but for how large the map was, it seemed empty. Sailing in AC3 was awesome but left me wanting to go explore more, have the freedom to move about my ship whenever, and fight endless battles. AC4 needs the right mixture of these mechanics. The wildlife to hunt in the frontier should mostly be replaced the ocean wildlife to hunt and fish. The wildlife on the islands to hunt should be more diverse and mixed in with people. The addition of animals mostly gives more life and diversity to the cities so it would be a step backward to not include animals. The sailing is just unique to anything ever done so yes, please, beef this up

Black_Widow9
03-23-2013, 06:36 AM
Oh YES...oh yes, yes, yeeeeeesssss!!! YYYYYYEEEESSSSSSS!!!! OOOOHHHHHH!!!! OOOOHHHHHHH!!!! YYYYYYYEEEESSSSSS!!!! I do like to hunt and sail!
This. lol

Sailing a definite. I'm wondering how the hunting is going to be implemented. ;)

Assassin_M
03-23-2013, 06:46 AM
Not that I`m hyped for AC IV, but Hunting and sailing DO interest me. I don't want to be killing, assassinating and sneaking all the time..sometimes I want to do other things..distract myself..be something else..that`s what`s good about fantasies...you can be a hunter, sailor, assassin, pirate, property owner and privateer in just one game...who can NOT like that ??

(inb4 don't you hate AC IV ?)

roostersrule2
03-23-2013, 06:55 AM
Not that I`m hyped for AC IV, but Hunting and sailing DO interest me. I don't want to be killing, assassinating and sneaking all the time..sometimes I want to do other things..distract myself..be something else..that`s what`s good about fantasies...you can be a hunter, sailor, assassin, pirate, property owner and privateer in just one game...who can NOT like that ??

(inb4 don't you hate AC IV ?)I'm wouldn't say I'm not hyped for AC IV but that feeling you get in your gut from a nee AC game coming out is not there, (well it is actually but it's more for GTA V), but yes this, this is actually what makes games like GTA/RDR so good, you can do whatever you want there a no limits, complete freedom, if AC IV has the potential to do anything it's this.

Assassin_M
03-23-2013, 07:01 AM
I'm wouldn't say I'm not hyped for AC IV but that feeling you get in your gut from a nee AC game coming out is not there, (well it is actually but it's more for GTA V), but yes this, this is actually what makes games like GTA/RDR so good, you can do whatever you want there a no limits, complete freedom, if AC IV has the potential to do anything it's this.
Yeah in all successful games you can be more than one thing. You`re not just a rogue gangster in the GTAs. you`re a criminal, property owner, free lance assassin, taxi driver, ambulance driver, Vigilante..etc

in RDR you`re a Rancher, bounty hunter, traveler, vigilante, rogue outlaw, hunter, Environment expert..etc

Every successful game must have more than one fantasy, provided that the core pillars and elements are balanced and refined...I mean...most people hail AC II as the best AC and that`s the game that introduced extra fantasies into the franchise...Who should`v been interested in Banking and property owning when AC II was announced eh ?

I-Like-Pie45
03-23-2013, 07:03 AM
Wynaut?

Look foward to harpooning some whales for PETA. :)

pirate1802
03-23-2013, 07:32 AM
Yes, OP. I'm actually interested in Sailing and hunting. Surprising, no?

shobhit7777777
03-23-2013, 08:45 AM
Not in the slightest

I dislike schizo games. Their needs to be a cohesive and focused gameplay experience and all mechanics/features should be within the parameters of the main gameplay and narrative arc.
Assassin games should be built around the act of stalking and killing HUMAN targets....unless this formula has been refined...I wouldn't give a damm about hunting and sailing.

The only place where the economy made sense was in ACB where the entire goal of the game was for Ezio to rebuild the Assassin order and liberate Rome.

That said

The devs did talk about making stealth a more important pillar this time around.....and they talked about freedom of choice...so I have high hopes for AC4...and that is why I'm not moaning about sailing and hunting being a part of the game.
As long as the core pillars are refined and improved....Im happy.

MasterAssasin84
03-23-2013, 12:28 PM
To be honest, i find it lack-luster. Whenever i play any of navy missons i just can't help but think this is...boring. And hunting? What's the point to be honest? It just feels as if Ubisoft is negleting the worse parts of the games like the enemy AI and mission structure. If i wanted to kill animals i would go to Red Dead Redemption. I am playing an Assassin not a hunter of rabbits. It just feels so irrelevant.

Yes i am very interested , i thought the hunting in AC3 was amazing, the sailing is very relevent to AC4

pacmanate
03-23-2013, 02:25 PM
As long as they have a reason for hunting then good.

Now that I think about it, we should be able to kill animals freely and not skin them! Its not in pirate tradition to do that :D.

inferno33222
03-23-2013, 04:15 PM
I think it's an awesome way to make money. Much better than just waiting around for 20 minutes.

Soulid_Snake
03-23-2013, 09:18 PM

Something's telling me BF is gonna be BS, I think it's gonna be more buggy than AC3. As for the Naval missions, 40% is way too much, and hunting shouldn't be bought back at all, it's useless and will make the game even more boring.

ACfan443
03-23-2013, 09:31 PM
As long as they have a reason for hunting then good.

Now that I think about it, we should be able to kill animals freely and not skin them! Its not in pirate tradition to do that :D.

That'll cause a bit of a stir at PETA HQ :p

sajber00
03-23-2013, 09:35 PM
Something's telling me BF is gonna be BS, I think it's gonna be more buggy than AC3. As for the Naval missions, 40% is way too much, and hunting shouldn't be bought back at all, it's useless and will make the game even more boring.

Well, don't be too positive now.

lothario-da-be
03-23-2013, 09:36 PM
I loved sailing and hunting was cool too, but it needs improvements.

Assassin_M
03-23-2013, 09:36 PM
Well, don't be too positive now.
That was so positive my eyes hurt

lothario-da-be
03-23-2013, 09:38 PM
That was so positive my eyes hurt
Thats already 1 dissapointment less in October.

tinrisky
03-23-2013, 11:04 PM
Yeah I like both of them, just not multiplayer.

MasterAssasin84
03-23-2013, 11:17 PM

And how would you come to that conclusion ?

pacmanate
03-23-2013, 11:27 PM
That'll cause a bit of a stir at PETA HQ :p

Well as soon as I get AC4 Im gonna kill loads of whales and pile them up and take a photo of Edward next to them with prostitutes and tweet PETA :D

ACfan443
03-23-2013, 11:40 PM
Well as soon as I get AC4 Im gonna kill loads of whales and pile them up and take a photo of Edward next to them with prostitutes and tweet PETA :D

We have Machinima for that :D

overdidd
03-24-2013, 12:36 AM
Man i loved the naval missions in ac3, i always didnt follow the missions and sailed around where i could. So ac4 with its free roaming on sea will be dope for me! The hunting... Idk we'll see about that.

Soulid_Snake
03-24-2013, 01:28 AM
And how would you come to that conclusion ?

It sounds just as ambitious AC3, if not more, and look what happened to that game. They're promising a seamless open world, this is asking for trouble, they might get away with it on next gen, but this gen I have serious doubts, don't get me wrong, it's possible, it's a question or whether Ubi can achieve it, instead on relying on release day patches which virtually resolve nothing.

AC's a made franchise now, they can sell you a Blu Ray case full of crap, and get away with it. I'm sorry for the way I might sound, but some of you guys are way too forgiving of AC3, it may have got some of non technical stuff right, but that game (if that's you want to call it) is a mess.

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 01:31 AM
but that game (if that's you want to call it) is a mess.
You`re "too harsh" on AC III

SolidSage
03-24-2013, 01:59 AM
Sailing was one of those things that looked like it wasn't going to be that much fun, and then I invested some time in it and it was flippin epic!!! A ton of fun for me.

Hunting was the opposite. Seemed cool, fun for a while and then all of a sudden after a bit it became so monotonous and just not engaging enough. Might be how the frontier kinda gave it to you as the only thing to really do out there though (i know there were some fights to be had), besides tree running I mean.

Mad support for beefed up sailing mechanics embracing person to person combat on the oceans.
High hopes for more engaging things to do in the jungle and a deeper hunting system (QTEs get boring fast).

pirate1802
03-24-2013, 07:19 AM

best idea ever! I'm gonna do that.

RinoTheBouncer
03-24-2013, 08:21 AM
I like to hunt. Sailing, no.
Anyway, this game isn't only made for me so I guess others do have the right to practice what they like.

What I wanna say is that the game needs to be consistent enough so that the entertainment doesn't rely on how you reach cities or how you make money. The game should be smart, entertaining and consistent story-wise, gameplay-wise and graphics-wise so that it will be a good game with or without these cosmetics.

AC2 had neither hunting nor sailing yet it's probably the most admired game in the series to the majority of the fans, so there you go.