PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Assassin's creed game ever!

PadraigFallon
03-22-2013, 10:30 PM
which one is your favourite and why? :)

Free_Hidings
03-22-2013, 11:02 PM
Storywise: AC1, AC3, AC2

Gameplay wise: AC3

Setting wise: AC1, AC2, ACB, AC3 (surprisingly)

Music wise: Actually all of them had amazing music so never mind.

Overall: AC3. Most replay value, by far most satisfying combat and gameplay, coolest looking assassin, great story, huge maps, best multiplayer

Stardust235
03-23-2013, 02:05 AM
Revelations, loved the art direction, music, characters, there was literally thing i did not dislike in revelations.

Assassin_M
03-23-2013, 02:51 AM
I feel like we`v been here before, have we been here before ??

I feel like I`m voting everyday for favorite character and game

PandaPuff86
03-23-2013, 03:07 AM
How many threads about this are we going to deal with? Anyway, its a tie for me between AC2 and AC3.

Megas_Doux
03-23-2013, 03:12 AM
In terms of story:

AC3
ACR
AC1
AC2
ACB

In terms of gameplay mechanics, combat and freeroam:

AC3
AC1
AC2
ACR
ACB

In terms of mission design:

AC2
AC1
AC3
ACB
ACR

Overall:

AC3
AC1
AC2
ACR
ACB

Soulid_Snake
03-23-2013, 03:16 AM
Revelations, loved the art direction, music, characters, there was literally thing i did not dislike in revelations.

Revelations is one of my favorites too, for the same reasons. It is technically the best AC to date, solid and a variety of gameplay.

Assassin_M
03-23-2013, 03:26 AM
ooh ooh I want to do this too..

Story:
AC III
AC I
ACR
AC II
ACB

Gameplay mechanics:
AC III/AC I/ACB/ACR
AC II (purely because of the combat. other than that, all AC games are pretty high up in terms of Mechanics)

Missions design:
AC I
AC II
ACB/ACR
AC III

Replayability:
AC III/AC I/ AC II/ ACR/ ACB (I love replaying all of them and I have quite a bit of fun while doing it every time)

Music:
AC III/AC I/AC II/ ACB/ ACR (Every game has had a phenomenal soundtrack for me)

Overall:
AC III/AC I
ACR
ACB
AC II

roostersrule2
03-23-2013, 04:36 AM
Story-
AC2
AC3
ACR
AC1
ACB

Gameplay- (It's improved with each segment)
AC3
ACR
ACB
AC2
AC1

Mission Design-
AC2
ACR
ACB
AC3
AC1

Replayability- (Although the 3 latest games have MP, I've played AC2 more then any other AC game)
AC2
AC3
ACB
ACR
AC1

Music- (All soundtracks have been superb)
AC1/AC2/ACB/ACR/AC3

Overall-
AC2
AC3
ACR
AC1
ACB

pirate1802
03-23-2013, 06:06 AM
Story-
AC3
AC2
ACR
AC1
ACB

Gameplay- (It's improved with each segment)
AC3
ACR
ACB
AC2
AC1

Mission Design-
AC2
ACR
ACB
AC3
AC1

Replayability- (Although the 3 latest games have MP, I've played AC2 more then any other AC game)
AC2
AC3
ACB
ACR
AC1

Music- (All soundtracks have been superb)
AC1/AC2/ACB/ACR/AC3

Overall-
AC2
AC3
ACR
AC1
ACB

This post mirrors my views almost identically.

Also, AC3 winning again. Nuttin new to see here :p

feclmunday
03-23-2013, 06:56 AM
Story
ACII
ACB
ACIII
ACI
ACR
Loved the ACII story and it's continuation in brotherhood. Connor was meh. Revelations was actually historically painful..

Gameplay
ACIII
ACB
ACR
ACII
ACI
Got better every time, except Revalations dropped the ball a little.

Design
ACII
ACI
ACB
ACIII
ACR
Rev was just boring liked I but prefered the more story driven missions of II

Overall
ACII
ACB
ACIII
ACR
ACI
ACI was a tech demo, gameplay has got better each game but the story and setting of II wins out.

Replayablity and Music - Not that bothered

Assassin_M
03-23-2013, 07:03 AM
I was a tech demo,
what ?

feclmunday
03-23-2013, 07:10 AM
what ?

ACI was a tech demo of what the AC series could do.

"Oh look we have history! and free running! and wierd sci fi meta plot!"

"Ok that looks good lets see if it sells"

And when it sold well Ubi gave them enough money to make a proper game -> ACII

roostersrule2
03-23-2013, 07:11 AM

And when it sold well Ubi gave them enough money to make a proper game -> ACIIOh god no.

Assassin_M
03-23-2013, 07:13 AM

And when it sold well Ubi gave them enough money to make a proper game -> ACII
You said "I was a tech demo", but no AC I was not a tech demo...just the pure form of AC gameplay...tech demo is something quite weaker

feclmunday
03-23-2013, 07:19 AM
AC I to me demonstrated the concept that free running through history was pretty cool.

There was no deeper gameplay there.

Now its fans have made a virtue of its austere asethetic, but I vastly prefered the more filled out world of Ezio.

I mean have you tried to replay I recently, apart from the flags/templars the gameplay doesn't take 10 hours. The game is empty in comparison to its sequels. Hence Tech Demo.

roostersrule2
03-23-2013, 07:21 AM
AC I to me demonstrated the concept that free running through history was pretty cool.

Now its fans have made a virtue of its austere asethetic, but I vastly prefered the more filled out world of Ezio.

I mean have you tried to replay I recently, apart from the flags/templars the gameplay doesn't take 10 hours. The game is empty in comparison to its sequels. Hence Tech Demo.I wouldn't say a tech demo, I'd just say AC2 improved on AC1's flaws.

Assassin_M
03-23-2013, 07:27 AM

I mean have you tried to replay I recently, apart from the flags/templars the gameplay doesn't take 10 hours. The game is empty in comparison to its sequels. Hence Tech Demo.
Well, I`ll go so far as to say that maybe you weren't paying enough attention the game. AC I is FAR more than just historical free running. the Gameplay is pretty deep as well...It had the most freedom in gameplay. more so than any other AC game. maybe it did not have bombs, bows, guns, brotherhoods or flying machines, but that does not necessarily make it hollow.

"its fans" have argued more than just aesthetics when talking about AC I, you`re free to prefer what you like..

Yes, I recently replayed the game from A-Z and It took me a good 12 hours...Depth is not length, if you think that then you`re greatly disillusioned..

roostersrule2
03-23-2013, 07:29 AM
Well, I`ll go so far as to say that maybe you weren't paying enough attention the game. AC I is FAR more than just historical free running. the Gameplay is pretty deep as well...It had the most freedom in gameplay. more so than any other AC game. maybe it did not have bombs, bows, guns, brotherhoods or flying machines, but that does not necessarily make it hollow.

"its fans" have argued more than just aesthetics when talking about AC I, you`re free to prefer what you like..

Yes, I recently replayed the game from A-Z and It took me a good 12 hours...Depth is not length, if you think that then you`re greatly disillusioned..It had the most freedom in missions, not gameplay.

Assassin_M
03-23-2013, 07:32 AM
It had the most freedom in missions, not gameplay.
Well that IS part of the gameplay, mate...

roostersrule2
03-23-2013, 07:33 AM
Well that IS part of the gameplay, mate...The key word is part.

BigTrevor94
03-24-2013, 12:50 AM
Revelations for me, I mean yea it was all sad that its Ezio's end, but it felt good to have and see the end of his journey and the music was great. We watch Ezio from a baby till a old man, it was good to see his journey till its end.

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 12:55 AM
The key word is part.
Your post was basically treating missions and gameplay as 2 different things.. "Freedom in missions not gameplay" which is false..

BigTrevor94
03-24-2013, 12:58 AM
I wouldn't say a tech demo, I'd just say AC2 improved on AC1's flaws.

Exactly, I wouldn't say 1 was a trial run but I kinda want to say it because it a sense, all first game are like that a trial and see how it goes and then see how it can get better

roostersrule2
03-24-2013, 04:37 AM
Your post was basically treating missions and gameplay as 2 different things.. "Freedom in missions not gameplay" which is false..No I mean the other games had more freedom outside of missions. In AC1 you can collect flags, explore, help citizens and kill guards. In AC3 you can play board games, build a whole homestead, explore, assassination contracts, naval contracts, hunt, trading, collect feathers, collect trinkets, Captain Kidd missions and kill guards, there is more to do and more freedom.

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 04:40 AM
No I mean the other games had more freedom outside of missions. In AC1 you can collect flags, explore, help citizens and kill guards. In AC3 you can play board games, build a whole homestead, explore, assassination contracts, naval contracts, hunt, trading, collect feathers, collect trinkets, Captain Kidd missions and kill guards, there is more to do and more freedom.
more freedom OUTSIDE of missions, so it falls into the category of interaction with the world and it can be subjective which is more important for a game. Interaction or Gameplay...I`d say both are equally important, but I preferred AC I`s freedom in Gameplay...

pirate1802
03-24-2013, 04:41 AM
Why do all these polls follow a similar pattern? AC2 leading with AC3 only slightly behind and then AC1/B/R far behind. Yet people consider AC3 to be the most hated..

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 04:44 AM
Why do all these polls follow a similar pattern? AC2 leading with AC3 only slightly behind and then AC1/B/R far behind. Yet people consider AC3 to be the most hated..
Automated response from people who did not like AC III (Who`ll claim that it`s the truth too and say "No, it`s not because we hate AC III")

"This is a small poll on the AC forum. It does not count"

roostersrule2
03-24-2013, 04:50 AM
Why do all these polls follow a similar pattern? AC2 leading with AC3 only slightly behind and then AC1/B/R far behind. Yet people consider AC3 to be the most hated..The people who voted are usually hardcore AC fans as they're on an AC forum, AC3 is the most popular with hardcore fans.

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 04:51 AM
The people who voted are usually hardcore AC fans as they're on an AC forum, AC3 is the most popular with hardcore fans.
I ****ing CALLED IT

roostersrule2
03-24-2013, 04:55 AM
I ****ing CALLED ITI don't hate AC3, I never said it doesn't count, all I'm saying is inside this forum AC3>AC2 outside of it AC2>AC3.

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 04:57 AM
I don't hate AC3, I never said it doesn't count, all I'm saying is inside this forum AC3>AC2 outside of it AC2>AC3.
I didnt say you hated AC III :P

and basically...very basically, although very vaguely, it implies that this poll does not count:p

pirate1802
03-24-2013, 04:57 AM
I don't hate AC3, I never said it doesn't count, all I'm saying is inside this forum AC3>AC2 outside of it AC2>AC3.

And overall AC2,3 >>> the rest? I can live with that.

roostersrule2
03-24-2013, 05:02 AM
I didnt say you hated AC III :P

and basically...very basically, although very vaguely, it implies that this poll does not count:pIt more implies that AC3 is favoured by hardcore fans and AC2 is favoured by general players. Obviously this is not 100% accurate as I'm a hardcore AC fan who prefers AC2 and they're are casual players who would prefer AC3.

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 05:03 AM
It more implies that AC3 is favoured by hardcore fans and AC2 is favoured by general players. Obviously this is not 100% accurate as I'm a hardcore AC fan who prefers AC2 and they're are casual players who would prefer AC3.
joking, mate xD..

i`m joking :P

roostersrule2
03-24-2013, 05:06 AM
joking, mate xD..

i`m joking :PDo you know how hard it is to detect sarcasm over the Internet?

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 05:07 AM
Do you know how hard it is to detect sarcasm over the Internet?
Oh I do and I was counting on it xP

roostersrule2
03-24-2013, 05:18 AM
Oh I do and I was counting on it xPYou disgust me.;)

Assassin_M
03-24-2013, 05:27 AM
You disgust me.;)
and You amuse me you;)

roostersrule2
03-24-2013, 05:30 AM
and You amuse me you;)In a Connor voice " I could say the same of Assassin_M"

pirate1802
03-24-2013, 06:28 AM
Do you know how hard it is to detect sarcasm over the Internet?

You'll learn overtime..