PDA

View Full Version : Online Campaign Documentation

Mithel
03-22-2004, 11:27 AM
Oleg, I see in the mission builders forum that there are many of us looking for documentation of the "online campaign" feature.

This feature is the only reason my entire group purchased AEP. It sure would be nice to understand this feature and to be able to create new campaigns or customize the campaigns.

When will we get some documentation of this potentially fantastic feature?

- Mithel

Mithel
03-22-2004, 11:27 AM
Oleg, I see in the mission builders forum that there are many of us looking for documentation of the "online campaign" feature.

This feature is the only reason my entire group purchased AEP. It sure would be nice to understand this feature and to be able to create new campaigns or customize the campaigns.

When will we get some documentation of this potentially fantastic feature?

- Mithel

Jib01
03-22-2004, 11:43 AM
What do you mean ?

How to design missions and from there campaigns ? Or something else ?

Regards
Jib01

Mithel
03-22-2004, 12:26 PM
There are a lot of questions that I'd like answered:
1) Documenation of the log format so we can write our own parsers to track more information than just kills, sorties and deaths.
2) Detailed information on the various aspects that are mentioned in the manual. It mentions things like air superiority and how it only impacts that "day". What if we only have one mission per day? Is air superiority pointless?
3) How do we make a new campaign? There are only four included and three of them are 1941 and one 1942, thus no later war campaigns.
4) Is manually editing the campaign the only way to get some of the interesting aircraft to be an option?
5) Apparently plane type per mission is random with the host able to alter it. Does the campaign not track losses at all? Thus the available aircraft never changes?

Overall I'm seeing very little impact from one mission to the next. This is an awesome potential feature but it appears to do almost nothing.

- Mithel

Jib01
03-22-2004, 02:28 PM
Sorry, you are beyond me. I an not a network player and that is what it seems you are talking about.

Sorry
Jib01

Fehler
03-23-2004, 04:21 AM
Mithel...

You might want to take a look at the Dynamic Campaign Generator (DCG). Starshoy's NGEN is great, and he left it open ended so third parties like Paul could incorporate DCG with NGEN.

Currently our squad is in early 1943 (Stalingrad) flying an on-line campaign using DCG and NGEN. After the evening is done, the host guy uploads the entire folder to an FTP site so another person can host if necessary.

I will not pretend to tell you how this all works, but you can get ahold of 9./JG54_Tailspin on our community forum and ask all the questions you need. He is very helpful and understands how all this stuff works.

You can find him here: http://www.com-central.net/nphpbb/phpBB2new/viewforum.php?f=66

http://webpages.charter.net/cuda70/FehlerSig.gif
http://webpages.charter.net/cuda70/9JG54.html

Mithel
03-23-2004, 06:48 AM
Thank you Fehler, it sounds like what we really need documentation on is "NGen". 352nd Ftr Grp has a lot of information on their forums. I'll keep hunting.