PDA

View Full Version : Saves

skeltz2000
03-21-2013, 07:53 PM
Hi,

I really like the game but I can't get anywhere with it. I've lost my saves twice first time after 3 hours play time, second after 7 thats 10 hours gone and I really don't want to start again and if i do how do I know I won't lose my saves again.

I am running a legitimate copy btw and looking at my uplay folder my saves are still their but in game i only get the option of new game and can't continue or load.

Can anyone help

Cheers

tek84516
03-21-2013, 07:56 PM
What version of Windows are you running, and where did you purchase the game? (Retail, Steam, uPlay etc.)

skeltz2000
03-21-2013, 08:15 PM
Hi m8,

I got the game from Uplay it was a free game game promotion with my new GPU.

System specs
Windows 7 64bit
Phenom II X6 1090T black edition 3.2 ghz 6 core CPU
8 GB DDR3 ram
HD radeon 7950 3GB GDDR5 professional edition

Thank you

Regards Skeltz

tek84516
03-21-2013, 08:29 PM
Hmm, when running uPlay or FC3, try right-clicking it and running it as administrator.

I'm not at my desktop right now, but maybe try to disable any kind of cloud support in uPlay (if any). FC3 is the only uPlay title I have, so I haven't had much time to mess around with the actual interface, but if it's anything like Steam or Origin, then maybe the you could disable it and try it out.

If not, you may have to open a support ticket.

hoonose1
03-21-2013, 08:45 PM
Do a manual save with F9 once and a while and see if that save shows up in the load menu.

skeltz2000
03-21-2013, 08:58 PM
Hi m8,

I tried running as administrator though it won't let me launch it from Windows, If I try to lauch it from .exe it brings up Uplay which won't start when .exe is set to run as administrator, I tried setting norm, dx11 and updater exe programs to administrator.

No joy with dis-abling cloud support still only new game option.

I've already raised a support question but that will probably take some time to get a response, I was kinda hoping since this games been out awhile maybe someone else had encountered and managed to resolve this problem.

I prefer steam to Uplay (sorry Ubisoft) its a shame about save issue as I really like the game, I get to play for 2 days on third day only new game is available and I don't fancy starting a third time with a good chance I'll lose my saves again.

Thank you

Regards Skeltz

skeltz2000
03-21-2013, 09:03 PM
Do a manual save with F9 once and a while and see if that save shows up in the load menu.

Hi m8,

I can't load my game to manually save it, I was manually saving it every know before I lost access to it, never really trusted auto saves much. ( escape menu then save ) I didn't know about the F9 short-cut.

Thank you

Regards Skeltz

skeltz2000
03-21-2013, 09:30 PM
Hi m8,

I was manually saving during my first game saved on slot 1 lost access to that after 2 days, then made new game on slot 3 was manually saving too lost access after 2 days again.

I tried deleting all my saves and restarting and letting Uplay repopulate and then tried deleting entire save folder restarting and letting Uplay repopulate, I made backups before I tried in both cases Uplay does download my saves stored in cloud but it won't let me load them.

Regards Skeltz.

Butcherbird59
03-21-2013, 09:35 PM
..... btw and looking at my uplay folder my saves are still their but in game i only get the option of new game and can't continue or load.

Cheers

Yep, I recently uninstalled FC3 including deleting all personal files expecting a clean game after reinstall - no such thing! Savegames and all achievements were restored means everything is on the cloud. You can delete the uplay folder contents and nothing would be lost. At least that's how it looks to me.

FC3 does have a MM problem when playing for too long (dying too often) - to be safe I would not do any longer than 2 hours in 1 session or risk game stuttering/freezing hence losing the last savepoint.

smashly66
03-22-2013, 12:39 AM
Hi,

I really like the game but I can't get anywhere with it. I've lost my saves twice first time after 3 hours play time, second after 7 thats 10 hours gone and I really don't want to start again and if i do how do I know I won't lose my saves again.

I am running a legitimate copy btw and looking at my uplay folder my saves are still their but in game i only get the option of new game and can't continue or load.

Can anyone help

CheersCould your post a link to your broken saves?
If so is skeltz2000 then name you use in Uplay?
What mission where you up to in your save?
I can post a save encrypted with your Uplay name for you to try.
(saves are encrypted with your Uplay account name that you activated FC3 with, Name that shows on the bottom left in the Main menu of the game).

To be honest going by what yous said about the problem your having running the game as admin, indicates to me that something in windows or third party software or corrupted memory or bad spot on harddrive is interfering with the game or it's files.
Other things that come to mind in a fresh game install are:
Install game, launch game and Uplay straight away wants to update and also the game wanty's to update as well.
Sometimes Win 7 will have not let go of the handle to some the files that initially installed when you first installed the game.
(Thank MS Software Protection Service and Windows Restore for that crap)
So when the game tries to update some of the game files are not able to be replaced by the update patch files.
(mainly the main Uplay and Game exe's)
This can cause the game to be using different versions of game files.
What also doesn't help is Ubisoft doesn't actually show externally the version number of it's file. eg: right click properties a game or uplay dll or exe and it doesn't tell you the version.
So it makes it hard to see what version files your game and uplay is actually using.

I can't say I've ever had a problem with game saves disappearing or not showing for loading and I have sat there many times playing the game upwards of 10 hours straight at times.
Using Uplay v2.1.8 and game v1.01 to v1.05.
I have cloud sysnc unchecked in options and I always play in offline mode.
(Multiplayer just doesn't interest me in this game at all)

tek84516
03-22-2013, 02:11 AM
Hi m8,

I was manually saving during my first game saved on slot 1 lost access to that after 2 days, then made new game on slot 3 was manually saving too lost access after 2 days again.

I tried deleting all my saves and restarting and letting Uplay repopulate and then tried deleting entire save folder restarting and letting Uplay repopulate, I made backups before I tried in both cases Uplay does download my saves stored in cloud but it won't let me load them.

Regards Skeltz.

By any chance do you have an open VPN running?

AceOfSpades_274
03-23-2013, 06:06 AM
This same exact issue happened to me for the second time - I'm not starting over for a third time. Are there any known fixes to this? I have exhausted my ability to find a fix on the internet and have gotten nowhere. I submitted a ticket but don't expect anything good to come of it.

skeltz2000
03-23-2013, 03:20 PM
Could your post a link to your broken saves?
If so is skeltz2000 then name you use in Uplay?
What mission where you up to in your save?
I can post a save encrypted with your Uplay name for you to try.
(saves are encrypted with your Uplay account name that you activated FC3 with, Name that shows on the bottom left in the Main menu of the game).

To be honest going by what yous said about the problem your having running the game as admin, indicates to me that something in windows or third party software or corrupted memory or bad spot on harddrive is interfering with the game or it's files.
Other things that come to mind in a fresh game install are:
Install game, launch game and Uplay straight away wants to update and also the game wanty's to update as well.
Sometimes Win 7 will have not let go of the handle to some the files that initially installed when you first installed the game.
(Thank MS Software Protection Service and Windows Restore for that crap)
So when the game tries to update some of the game files are not able to be replaced by the update patch files.
(mainly the main Uplay and Game exe's)
This can cause the game to be using different versions of game files.
What also doesn't help is Ubisoft doesn't actually show externally the version number of it's file. eg: right click properties a game or uplay dll or exe and it doesn't tell you the version.
So it makes it hard to see what version files your game and uplay is actually using.

I can't say I've ever had a problem with game saves disappearing or not showing for loading and I have sat there many times playing the game upwards of 10 hours straight at times.
Using Uplay v2.1.8 and game v1.01 to v1.05.
I have cloud sysnc unchecked in options and I always play in offline mode.
(Multiplayer just doesn't interest me in this game at all)

Hi mate,

Yes skeltz2000 is my uplay name.

I was up to the mission where you have to go blow up some ammo depot that pirates are using to stockpile weapons, they are about to attack the village its next mission after the one where you are on the ship to intercept their radio which is after the mushrooms quest where you save the first lass.

I'm going to try a fresh install which will take awhile as its 9GB though Uplay download speed is pretty decent, 1.3Mb/sec well for the lake district which is pretty but last place to ever get phone line upgrades, It would be nice to have fibre optic.

I don't have a website to upload my broken saves?

It may be a problem with game files or updates but I was wondering if its a Uplay problem, I created a fresh game third time, and looking at the save is was made up of a save file a meta file and a extended meta file whereas my broken saves are missing the extended meta file, Uplay must have wiped them whenever i delete the contents of my save folder Uplay repopulates but it doesn't seem to download extended meta, It may be wrong just seems odd the working save has 3 files whereas the others only have 2.

I think I'm going to re-install Uplay as well.

By any chance do you have an open VPN running?

I'm not sure what one is mate, I'm connected via a power line adapter to my router then straight out.

Regards Skeltz

smashly66
03-24-2013, 04:18 AM
Here you go, try this save and see if it works.
http://uploadmb.com/dw.php?id=1364094554&/FC3_Uplay_Mission7_PlayingTheSpoiler_skeltz2000.ra r
(Not used this host before, so hopefully the file host works ok)
Going by your description of the mission you were up to, then I think it's Mission 7 Playing the Spoiler.
EG:
Go talk to Dennis.
Go to the Logging Camp.
Get to the vantage point.
Disable the alarm before it is activated.
Enter the weapon cache.
Plant the bomb.
Get to a safe spot.
Escape the area or kill all remaining pirates nearby.

Unpack the save to your save directory.
I'd advise before launching the game to configure your Uplay to: Uncheck Cloud Sync and set Offline mode.
See if the game loads alright for you and do a save, then if you want that pos Cloud Sync and Online mode then go and enable them again if you want.

Off topic.
The save is not mine it's Conkerkid11 save, I just encrypted it with your Uplay skeltz2000 name.
Works for me using your name, and nope this save won't work for anyone else that is using a different Uplay name.
Basically some worked out how to spoof a different name in the game itself without it affecting your logged in Uplay account name.
EG:
I log in to Uplay as smashly66, but I can have my name in the single player game as anything I like.
This means I can decrypt and encrypt anyone else save to use with any name..
http://s17.postimg.org/x05oyjnrv/Uplay_Spoof2.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/x05oyjnrv/)
Shame Ubi went down the path of encrypting saves, it's caused more headaches for legit users that just want to use someone else single player save due to their own save being screwed up or lost.
Cloud Sync is great in theory or on paper, but in real world it fails quite often.
Some users loosing hours of single player game play just because Uplay Cloud Sync did something funky.

PBNA-StringDude
03-25-2013, 04:26 PM
I had the same problem with saves. It was pointed out that if you go online and sync your saves you will loose them when the server goes down. I quit playing online and I haven't lost a save since then.

skeltz2000
03-28-2013, 04:20 PM
I've tried the save and it works like a charm been playing off line with sync disabled and no problems.

Though yesterday I went on line to get that signature weapon hand cannon which took ages hand to load up six times before it finally connected, even though sync was disabled my saves no longer worked though luckily I'd back up a few hours earlier and didn't lose much.

So it seems it's not entirely a problem with uplay cloud sync, theirs something sadly wrong with their servers and I don't understand why a big problem like this hasn't been fixed after nearly 4 months.

I do really like the game and I will finish it but I'll have to think long and hard whether I buy anymore Ubisoft games in the future, unless I get them as a freebie like this one.

Thanks for all your help guys and gals

Best regards Skeltz