PDA

View Full Version : How do you send messages on PC?

Free_Hidings
03-21-2013, 08:21 AM
Sorry to be a noob, I am new to PC gaming (from PS3) and have not figured out how to message people in AC3 multiplayer. Can anyone help me with this?

pirate1802
03-21-2013, 08:46 AM
You can't AFAIK. :|

You can only message them through uplay.

Free_Hidings
03-21-2013, 10:36 AM
You can't AFAIK. :|

You can only message them through uplay.

=\

Sucks because you have to be friends with them beforehand. There's one thing I liked about PS3... Simplicity and efficiency of communication. I thought PC should have this better than console by far

spectatorx
03-21-2013, 10:46 AM
Normal games on pc are having in-game text chat but ac is console port and it is limited in many ways. You can use voicechat but i know this is not the same thing as text one. In brotherhood there was in-game text chat, wasn't best in terms of ease of using it but it was.

If ac3 does not have in-game chat it is only because idiots from ubisoft did not implemented it.

Roanark
03-22-2013, 02:42 AM
As said, you can only do it by opening U-Play up in the game, which can be done by pressing the Shift and F2 keys... I'm not sure if you can message random people though, and I'll get back to you on that.
Feel free to add me if you're a regular player, I'll help with anything the best I can.

Free_Hidings
03-22-2013, 06:01 AM
As said, you can only do it by opening U-Play up in the game, which can be done by pressing the Shift and F2 keys... I'm not sure if you can message random people though, and I'll get back to you on that.
Feel free to add me if you're a regular player, I'll help with anything the best I can.

It told me "message could not be delivered" or something along those lines when I tried to send to someone who wasn't a friend.

Thanks for that! I have been playing competitvely on PS3 for probably close on 2 years now (Since just before Revelations came out) so I am no noob in a gameplay sense, just trying to get my head around PC communication :)

bolz87
03-22-2013, 11:48 AM
No you must be a friend of someone to send a message! :(