PDA

View Full Version : Saves are not syncing correctly between two PCs

catmacey
03-21-2013, 01:15 AM
I have Far Cry 3 installed on my two PCs and switch between them using the cloud sync to keep my progress.

However, sometimes cloud sync doesn't seem to work correctly and messes up my saves.
Yesterday I was playing on PC1 and had reached the dream sequence where you have to kill Vass (Chapter 18 I think). I didn't complete that mission before I had to leave. I quit out in the normal manner through the menu, did a few other things for a couple of minutes then shut the PC down.

Now when I launch the game on PC2 the save has only partially synced.
The "Continue" summary information is correct, Chapter 18 "Payback" with a time matching when I last played on PC1.
But when I click continue to load this save I end up way back at a much earlier save maybe Chapter 10 or thereabouts. A big chunk of the Island is un-revealed and I'm missing lots of skills and equipment. Probably 5 or 6 hours of play time is missing...

I've tried deleting all the saves from the savegames folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\BlahlahBlah\46.
The files re-sync next time I launch the game but the problem is the same.
This is a retail version not pirated!

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
03-21-2013, 12:47 PM
Hi, I suggest contacting Technical Support about this, the link is in my signature.

hoonose1
03-21-2013, 04:13 PM
I have Far Cry 3 installed on my two PCs and switch between them using the cloud sync to keep my progress.

However, sometimes cloud sync doesn't seem to work correctly and messes up my saves.
Yesterday I was playing on PC1 and had reached the dream sequence where you have to kill Vass (Chapter 18 I think). I didn't complete that mission before I had to leave. I quit out in the normal manner through the menu, did a few other things for a couple of minutes then shut the PC down.

Now when I launch the game on PC2 the save has only partially synced.
The "Continue" summary information is correct, Chapter 18 "Payback" with a time matching when I last played on PC1.
But when I click continue to load this save I end up way back at a much earlier save maybe Chapter 10 or thereabouts. A big chunk of the Island is un-revealed and I'm missing lots of skills and equipment. Probably 5 or 6 hours of play time is missing...

I've tried deleting all the saves from the savegames folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\BlahlahBlah\46.
The files re-sync next time I launch the game but the problem is the same.
This is a retail version not pirated!

If you don't get a good or quick answer, why not just copy the save files when you're done on one PC to a thumb drive, then transfer to the other when you play there?

catmacey
03-21-2013, 06:37 PM
Hi.

The problem is that now the save is broken for both PCs.

The stated story point "Chapter 7, Payback, Survivor" and the last played date is correct.
But when I load it I'm way back in the past with lots of skills and items missing.

I've made a support request to Ubi.
I was really enjoying the game but I can't be bothered to re-play hours of content... That's no fun...

Note: In my original post I was wrong with my chapters. Where I said Chap. 18 I mean't 7.
Problem still exists. I just stated the chapters wrong in my question.

hoonose1
03-21-2013, 07:49 PM
The game doesn't seem to save some of this stuff on its own as you progress through a level. But if your get in the habit of pressing F9, that will save your new stuff as you move along in the level.