PDA

View Full Version : The first assassin's creed is boring !

IDefectedI
03-21-2013, 01:04 AM
The first assassin's creed is boring ! Basically , the game could be broken down into one small 2 hour mission . Side quests building into short missions , representative of the last ! Truly , one of the worst games I've played . Everything felt like a task of absolute boredom . Asking the player to pick up 100's of flags / side missions , and repeat the same thing over . Storytelling seemed broken , without much truth in it . I was waiting for one singular truth to be told .

Something about the first assassin's creed I loved but too many elements I hated . One thing I loved was the frame rates ! For once I could play at 120 frames -- so that was nice .

LoyalACFan
03-21-2013, 01:05 AM
Prepare to be flamed mercilessly. And it's your own fault. Why make a thread whining about a game that came out six years ago and has spawned four sequels?

itsamea-mario
03-21-2013, 01:06 AM
I find the unintelligent often find it boring.

TheHumanTowel
03-21-2013, 01:07 AM
You're boring. So there.

Abeonis
03-21-2013, 01:12 AM
Technology has progressed since 2007; I was under the impression people were aware of this.

EDIT: If I went back to play Assassin's Creed to finally collect all those ****ed flags, I too would probably find it poor, as I'm use to the expanded features available to us in the later games. I certainly wouldn't go and make a thread about it. (Actually, maybe I should make a thread on how Brotherhood has fewer gameplay features than Assassin's Creed III and make myself look like a complete fool.)

Assassin_M
03-21-2013, 01:19 AM
I will find you

IDefectedI
03-21-2013, 01:20 AM
Prepare to be flamed mercilessly. And it's your own fault. Why make a thread whining about a game that came out six years ago and has spawned four sequels?

That's cool not to worried .

IDefectedI
03-21-2013, 01:20 AM
I will find you

lol .. Sure just don't riot over this .

BATISTABUS
03-21-2013, 01:21 AM
AC1 had repetitive mission structure and horrible voice acting for the main character. The rest was phenomenal and it's probably my favorite AC game.

IDefectedI
03-21-2013, 01:22 AM
Technology has progressed since 2007; I was under the impression people were aware of this.

EDIT: If I went back to play Assassin's Creed to finally collect all those ****ed flags, I too would probably find it poor, as I'm use to the expanded features available to us in the later games. I certainly wouldn't go and make a thread about it. (Actually, maybe I should make a thread on how Brotherhood has fewer gameplay features than Assassin's Creed III and make myself look like a complete fool.)

Not just the flags but the missions line up the same each time ! So progression becomes about the same as the last . I understand its 2013 since I own 2 GTX 680s but i wanted to try AC:1 since I skipped over the game back in 2007 .

IDefectedI
03-21-2013, 01:26 AM
I will be skipping , AC:3 until I buy the new Intel CPU coming out later this year . I can't stand choppy frames or low frames ! even with my "new setup" many new games can't peek 120 frames or even 80 at times . Is AC:3 better then AC:2 ?

Assassin_M
03-21-2013, 01:27 AM
Is AC:3 better then AC:2 ?

Subjective, do you like shiny tall buildings, funny and charismatic playboys ? if yes, then you`ll hate AC III...i`ll say my opinion

for me AC III was better

IDefectedI
03-21-2013, 01:30 AM
Subjective, do you like shiny tall buildings, funny and charismatic playboys ? if yes, then you`ll hate AC III...i`ll say my opinion

for me AC III was better

And whats up with AC:4 coming out so soon ? I have a hard time believing the production value will be high quality game-play , since they just pushed out AC:3 .

Assassin_M
03-21-2013, 01:32 AM
And whats up with AC:4 coming out so soon ? I have a hard time believing the production value will be high quality game-play , since they just pushed out AC:3 .

They`v been working on it since 2011 according to them and there`re at least a thousand people working on the game..

Honestly, short time =/= bad quality and long time =/= better quality..

AC III was in production for almost 3 years and it had quite a bit of bugs..

BATISTABUS
03-21-2013, 01:34 AM
For me, it was AC1 > AC3 ≥ AC:B ≥ AC2 ≥ AC:R

As for AC4, apparently it's had the same development time as AC3.

Abeonis
03-21-2013, 01:47 AM
They`v been working on it since 2011 according to them and there`re at least a thousand people working on the game..

Honestly, short time =/= bad quality and long time =/= better quality..

AC III was in production for almost 3 years and it had quite a bit of bugs..

Just look at Too Human (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Too_Human); that game had a ten year development cycle...

IDefectedI
03-21-2013, 02:29 AM
Just look at Too Human (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Too_Human); that game had a ten year development cycle...

I can top that

http://static.giantbomb.com/uploads/original/0/5892/270148-duke_nukem_004_1_.jpg

IDefectedI
03-21-2013, 02:34 AM
For me, it was AC1 > AC3 ≥ AC:B ≥ AC2 ≥ AC:R

As for AC4, apparently it's had the same development time as AC3.

I keep hearing that AC:3 frames are all over the place and can hit lows of 40 even with one GTX 680 ? This is why I can't invest into new games anymore . sick of low frames even with high end cards

IDefectedI
03-21-2013, 02:36 AM
I keep hearing that AC:3 frames are all over the place and can hit lows of 40 even with one GTX 680 ? This is why I can't invest into new games anymore . sick of low frames even with high end cards

Farcry:3 perfect example of low FPS . Towns 60-50-70 and outside 120-220 FPS . Battles drops around 50-40- peeking 120-160 . Getting to the point developers are pushing too much graphics and little optimization . So if I buy high-end hardware then only play older games not only will I have great frames but all drivers and updates will be resolved lol .

Oh and the game will be cheap

BATISTABUS
03-21-2013, 02:38 AM
Yeah, the frame rate of AC3 certainly ****s the bed sometimes. It's annoying and happens too often. I'm not going to say it ruins the game, but it certainly makes it feel less polished.

IDefectedI
03-21-2013, 02:44 AM
Yeah, the frame rate of AC3 certainly ****s the bed sometimes. It's annoying and happens too often. I'm not going to say it ruins the game, but it certainly makes it feel less polished.

I feared that much . So in reality I should wait until I buy the 7xx cards SLI and the new Intel CPU line 8 cores . Probably my setup will run into the 60-70s since AC:3 uses the same tech as FarCry:3 ?

GTX680 SLi
I7 3770k 4.4
Asrock E4
SSD
OCZ 850w
Sniper ram 8BG 1600

Note: I can only game at 120 Frames since 60 frames gives me a headache now .

BigTrevor94
03-21-2013, 04:28 AM
Get ready for this...but I sort of agree with him. As compared to the other games it is a bit lack luster and collecting all those flag was a pain in the balls BUT as lack luster as it was, if not for that game, we wouldn't have all the games we do now, AND without Altair, there would no Ezio or Connor or Desmond :)

pirate1802
03-21-2013, 05:30 AM
AC1 had repetitive mission structure and horrible voice acting for the main character. The rest was phenomenal

Dis. The mission structure was indeed repetitive, and it almost put me off. But if you can endure past it, like I did, there's an experience like non other to be had.

Assassin_M
03-21-2013, 05:33 AM
Dis. The mission structure was indeed repetitive, and it almost put me off. But if you can endure past it, like I did, there's an experience like non other to be had.
I seriously did not see the repetitiveness...

UrDeviant1
03-21-2013, 05:40 AM

Assassin_M
03-21-2013, 05:56 AM
well played, sir

Death_Aflame
03-21-2013, 06:30 AM
The first assassin's creed is boring ! Basically , the game could be broken down into one small 2 hour mission . Side quests building into short missions , representative of the last ! Truly , one of the worst games I've played . Everything felt like a task of absolute boredom . Asking the player to pick up 100's of flags / side missions , and repeat the same thing over . Storytelling seemed broken , without much truth in it . I was waiting for one singular truth to be told .

Something about the first assassin's creed I loved but too many elements I hated . One thing I loved was the frame rates ! For once I could play at 120 frames -- so that was nice .

The reason you find it boring is because you've played the Assassin's Creed games after that one. The first time I played it, I enjoyed it, I cold free run and had actual freedom to kill which every guard I wanted, then disappear in a flash. When I play it now, I still get the same feelings, why? Because I enjoy the slow pace of it, you're encouraged to use whatever tools you have at your disposal and what ever route to kill your target. It was and still is the best game I've ever played.

Free_Hidings
03-21-2013, 07:38 AM
I played this game only after ACB and ACR, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Have since replayed it 3x and will undoubtedly do so again. It has a different feel to the others. The setting and music are unique and amazing. The character is interesting and I actually enjoyed the voice acting, so cold and unemotional, even if not accurate (american accent)

I can see how it could be described as repetitive, but I never found it so. However I didn't go flag or templar hunting, I pretty much just did the story but making sure to get all viewpoints and investigations / citizens saved.

As far as a compelling, immersive experience, it was great. But for running around blowing **** up, Just Cause 2 or GTA 4 might be more your speed. (Both great games btw :) )

pirate1802
03-21-2013, 07:58 AM
Oh and regarding Templars in AC1.. they were the ONLY enemy in the whole series who made me run away in terror. They are hard enough fighting solo, soon enough they'll attract other guards too. A shame we never saw anything as difficult in later ACs. The Janissaries came close yet not as hard as those bastards.

jamgamerforever
03-21-2013, 08:08 AM
Oh and regarding Templars in AC1.. they were the ONLY enemy in the whole series who made me run away in terror. They are hard enough fighting solo, soon enough they'll attract other guards too. A shame we never saw anything as difficult in later ACs. The Janissaries came close yet not as hard as those bastards.
Spam throwing knives. :p

For what it's worth, I'd say AC3 probably has the second-hardest combat of the series (after the original), though both were very easy when compared to other games. A difficulty setting would be nice!

infamous_ezio
03-21-2013, 08:55 AM

You're kidding me..

Assassin_M
03-21-2013, 09:00 AM
You're kidding me..
Not at all...I played the game on PC...maybe it`s that...I usually managed to vary the investigations a bit...you know, eavesdrop and Assassination informer once, pickpocket and flag informer another time...I really felt like my JOB is being this assassin...I never felt replay-ability, because I used the investigations...the maps, dialogue EVERYTHING..I even tried going to the places the bureau leaders told me about without the use of the map, just used view points and bam...know Damascus like the back of my hand...places I needed to go were usually famous...for places I did not know, I usually just free roamed to know which was a school, where was the souk, where were Churches and synagogues..

TheHumanTowel
03-21-2013, 09:01 AM
Come on now. You do the same 4 missions over and over each sequence with just the context changing.

Assassin_M
03-21-2013, 09:02 AM
Come on now. You do the same 4 missions over and over each sequence with just the context changing.
So ? Read above post

emperior
03-21-2013, 10:31 AM
Was too repetitive.
Notoriety system was broken... City were good but bad art direction ruined Acre and Jerusalem.
Kingdom was horrible. You couldn't run with a horse that soldiers started to shout "Assassin!"

TheHumanTowel
03-21-2013, 11:02 AM
So ? Read above post
Yeah I didn't really understand how you didn't find it repetitive from that post. I used the maps and info we got from investigations and bureau as well but that didn't make it feel any less repetitive to do the same four missions types again and again and again.

Assassin_M
03-21-2013, 11:05 AM
Yeah I didn't really understand how you didn't find it repetitive from that post. I used the maps and info we got from investigations and bureau as well but that didn't make it feel any less repetitive to do the same four missions types again and again and again.
for you...It made it A LOT less repetitive for me...I didn't feel any repetitiveness actually...just some more investigations in a future AC game....

ways to gather info:

1- Infiltrations
2- Informers
3- Interrogations
4- Eaves dropping
5- Pick-pocketing
6- Bribery
7- Tailing

and all of them should be very varied enough so that no one feels they had the same investigation for a second time...for example, static eavesdrop and dynamic, Interrogation can be kidnapping and the ones from AC I, pickpocketing can be have other forms too..

then everyone can be happy

Quirky Jezza
03-21-2013, 11:13 AM
I re-played it the other day to get the achievements on my new XBL account. Was pretty boring getting 100% sync as some of the missions (like the assassination ones) would bug as the targets would keep seeing dead bodies which didn't disappear. Getting the flags was boring too. I liked the story though :)

TheHumanTowel
03-21-2013, 11:14 AM
for you...It made it A LOT less repetitive for me...I didn't feel any repetitiveness actually...just some more investigations in a future AC game....

ways to gather info:

1- Infiltrations
2- Informers
3- Interrogations
4- Eaves dropping
5- Pick-pocketing
6- Bribery
7- Tailing

and all of them should be very varied enough so that no one feels they had the same investigation for a second time...for example, static eavesdrop and dynamic, Interrogation can be kidnapping and the ones from AC I, pickpocketing can be have other forms too..

then everyone can be happy
Very curious. I'm just a bit confused because you were saying Venice was repetitive in AC2 the other day but then I see you say you didn't find AC1 repetitive. Well to each his own. Excelsior!

Quirky Jezza
03-21-2013, 11:14 AM
Pickpocketing missions were way too easy. I didnt fail a single one and they only took a few seconds

Assassin_M
03-21-2013, 11:16 AM
Well to each his own. Excelsior!
Was gonna explain D:

roostersrule2
03-21-2013, 11:55 AM
M you're proving just how repetitive it is when you have to try or explain to people how to not make it repetitive.

Assassin_M
03-21-2013, 12:00 PM
M you're proving just how repetitive it is when you have to try or explain to people how to not make it repetitive.
I said to make "everyone" happy; they clearly abandoned it, because most people hated it...so I explained ways to make it less repetitive for people who hated it in the future

infamous_ezio
03-21-2013, 12:10 PM
Not at all...I played the game on PC...maybe it`s that...I usually managed to vary the investigations a bit...you know, eavesdrop and Assassination informer once, pickpocket and flag informer another time...I really felt like my JOB is being this assassin...I never felt replay-ability, because I used the investigations...the maps, dialogue EVERYTHING..I even tried going to the places the bureau leaders told me about without the use of the map, just used view points and bam...know Damascus like the back of my hand...places I needed to go were usually famous...for places I did not know, I usually just free roamed to know which was a school, where was the souk, where were Churches and synagogues..

Yeah, i'm pretty sure most of us had the same idea, still found it very repetitive

Assassin_M
03-21-2013, 12:15 PM
Yeah, i'm pretty sure most of us had the same idea
From what I`v seen, a lot of people did not really use the Investigation items at all, in fact, they thought that the maps we pickpocketed were non existent...

UrDeviant1
03-21-2013, 12:18 PM
I replayed it a couple of weeks ago. Gotta say I still enjoyed it.

ze_topazio
03-21-2013, 12:28 PM
Most action games are repetive as hell, so i don't understand why people back in the days complained so much about AC repetitiveness.

IceHot100
03-21-2013, 12:31 PM
OK, I bet you've been already "downed" by many. But here you go: It was one of the best AC games to date. Had you played this game the time it came out, then this thread wouldn't be here.
Strangely, you view all the fun aspects of the game negatively. Yes, maybe it WAS a bit repetitive but that doesn't mean it spoils the whole game.

MasterAssasin84
03-21-2013, 12:57 PM

I have to dissagree with you , the first AC was amazing and in a sense the most pure game of the series as it heavily focused on being an Assassin , graphicaly it was amazing it was very atmospheric, the gameplay was fluent and to me it was AC1 that festered my love for the series.

ze_topazio
03-21-2013, 01:27 PM
The first AC was indeed amazing graphically back in the days, but recently i put the game on the console to wander around the cities for a bit, something i had not done in a while, and wow, time wasn't very kind to it.

MasterAssasin84
03-21-2013, 01:36 PM
The first AC was indeed amazing graphically back in the days, but recently i put the game on the console to wander around the cities for a bit, something i had not done in a while, and wow, time wasn't very kind to it.

AC1 was just soo soo atmospheric ! i remember the part the first time you arrive in Jerusalem on Horse back, i will never forget the Dramatic opening with amazing birds eye of the city from a distance...

http://www.cravingtech.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/creed_jerusalem.jpg

Syr.Jake
03-21-2013, 01:49 PM
I started with AC3, but bought AC1 through Steam just to see what the hype was about.

For a 2007 game, it is amazing.

By today's standards, boring as hell game play with really cool settings.

I find a lot of it frustrating and annoying.

Pickpocket guards for knives? Beat them up instead. You get the knife when you knock them out.

Poor women hounding you in the street? Punch them. They run away

Drunks knocking you back? Punch them. They run away

Imbeciles knocking you back? Punch them. They run away

Combat is WAY too easy on a PC. Wait for them to attack you, and counter. During the mission to kill William in the castle surrounded by guards, everyone was left dead and I didn't have to run away to try to survive the encounter.

Eavesdropping involves sitting on a bench dozens of feet away and focusing on your target. Like magic ears or something.

Half the time during game play, Altair wont transition to the ledge when climbing viewpoints. Other times he will transition a corner of a building, only to not be able to transition back the same way he came.

Need to get past a guard post? Wait for monks
Need to get away from a kill? Wait for Vigilantes and then move around the corner of a building and sit down.

Voice acting is horrible. Very stiff, like the words are being read from a cue card

Save a citizen. Same 3 lines. Tell my husband. Tell my brothers. Tell everyone.

All guards and templars yell "Assassin!" Do they have a photograph of him or something so that they know who he is? If they do, then why don't they attack him on sight all the time? He has on weapons while walking around the city they should be able to spot him as soon as he is in LOS.

Altair doesn't care about the consequences of his actions. He lives for the kill alone without regard for anyone else. He is a punk. Hopefully this will change as the story progresses. But so far, I am finding it very hard to like him, care for him, or sympathize with him.

ze_topazio
03-21-2013, 02:09 PM
AC1 was just soo soo atmospheric ! i remember the part the first time you arrive in Jerusalem on Horse back, i will never forget the Dramatic opening with amazing birds eye of the city from a distance...

I remember well the first time i arrived at Damascus, one of the most epic non scripted moments in the series for me, seeing the full city from that hill with the music playing as soon as you get the first glimpse of the city.

MasterAssasin84
03-21-2013, 02:10 PM
I started with AC3, but bought AC1 through Steam just to see what the hype was about.

For a 2007 game, it is amazing.

By today's standards, boring as hell game play with really cool settings.

I find a lot of it frustrating and annoying.

Pickpocket guards for knives? Beat them up instead. You get the knife when you knock them out.

Poor women hounding you in the street? Punch them. They run away

Drunks knocking you back? Punch them. They run away

Imbeciles knocking you back? Punch them. They run away

Combat is WAY too easy on a PC. Wait for them to attack you, and counter. During the mission to kill William in the castle surrounded by guards, everyone was left dead and I didn't have to run away to try to survive the encounter.

Eavesdropping involves sitting on a bench dozens of feet away and focusing on your target. Like magic ears or something.

Half the time during game play, Altair wont transition to the ledge when climbing viewpoints. Other times he will transition a corner of a building, only to not be able to transition back the same way he came.

Need to get past a guard post? Wait for monks
Need to get away from a kill? Wait for Vigilantes and then move around the corner of a building and sit down.

Voice acting is horrible. Very stiff, like the words are being read from a cue card

Save a citizen. Same 3 lines. Tell my husband. Tell my brothers. Tell everyone.

All guards and templars yell "Assassin!" Do they have a photograph of him or something so that they know who he is? If they do, then why don't they attack him on sight all the time? He has on weapons while walking around the city they should be able to spot him as soon as he is in LOS.

Altair doesn't care about the consequences of his actions. He lives for the kill alone without regard for anyone else. He is a punk. Hopefully this will change as the story progresses. But so far, I am finding it very hard to like him, care for him, or sympathize with him.

I think AC1 you really have to apreciate how pure the game play is , coming from the first game admitingly from the war on the Templars point of view there is more emphasis.

Pick pocketing is easy you simply have to be very cautious in choosing your moment which i like, secondly the beggars just brush them away or better still avoid them.

Interms of your character evaluation about Altair you are very wrong !! Altair was born into the brotherhood and through his arrogance in the begining he disreguarded the creed which was part of the plot line he had to reddem his honour by respecting the creed !! Altair never killed innocent people he killed those in service to the enemy AC1 was the only game in the series that placed alot of emphasis on the creed.

I think you need to play the game as it was intended rather than just crashing through it then your opinions will change.

IDefectedI
03-21-2013, 02:12 PM

One thing I noticed the textures looks broken from a distance even though I forced super sampling x8 . Up close the textures looks normal . Something about seeing stairs on the edges of walls from a far , ruins the visual experience . But one thing that would keep me play is 120 frames solid ! When I can game at 120 frames it makes everything feel so good .

MasterAssasin84
03-21-2013, 02:15 PM
One thing I noticed the textures looks broken from a distance even though I forced super sampling x8 . Up close the textures looks normal . Something about seeing stairs on the edges of walls from a far , ruins the visual experience . But one thing that would keep me play is 120 frames solid ! When I can game at 120 frames it makes everything feel so good .

Well i play on the xbox 360 and personlay i thought the graphics was amazing , i dont know wether this is because this just JPEG image as the resons why the textures look broken ?

IDefectedI
03-21-2013, 02:18 PM
OK, I bet you've been already "downed" by many. But here you go: It was one of the best AC games to date. Had you played this game the time it came out, then this thread wouldn't be here.
Strangely, you view all the fun aspects of the game negatively. Yes, maybe it WAS a bit repetitive but that doesn't mean it spoils the whole game.

No I enjoyed the aspects of the game , until they produced repetitive game-play . I like trance music but with trance it progresses into something without sounding too repetitive ! Intro - build - drop - build - drop - drop - build- build - progressive - build - drop - outro- fin .

AC if it was a sheet of music this is what it would sound like . Intro - intro - intro - build - drop - drop - drop - drop - drop - drop - build - drop - drop - outro - fin .

IDefectedI
03-21-2013, 02:20 PM
Well i play on the xbox 360 and personlay i thought the graphics was amazing , i dont know wether this is because this just JPEG image as the resons why the textures look broken ?

well that photo the draw distance looks broken . Everything looks washed out , and all objects look flat .

IDefectedI
03-21-2013, 02:26 PM
Note before I hated EA , Crysis was the best of the best -- That was my game of choice, over AC:1 at that time . Sad that EA killed Crysis .

D.I.D.
03-21-2013, 02:28 PM
I will be skipping , AC:3 until I buy the new Intel CPU coming out later this year . I can't stand choppy frames or low frames ! even with my "new setup" many new games can't peek 120 frames or even 80 at times . Is AC:3 better then AC:2 ?

AC3's frame rate problems had little to do with the power of your system and more to do with specific components. My computer's not as good as yours, but I had no problems (as long as I disabled vsync in the .ini) regarding the famous frame rate dip (which may well have been cured in later patches). ATi cards were especially hurt by this bug, nVidia cards less so, and the people complaining often had top of the range cards.

As you say, it often is the coding of the games themselves, where frame rates top out well within your system's abilities.

Also, personal opinion: I'll probably never play AC3 a second time. I tried, and it was dull for me. I've played AC2 many times, but you'll find it quite old-looking too compared to the very latest standards, and you're not going to like the shadow quality. You can improve the look of it quite a lot with nVidia Inspector's profiles; the best ones for a game aren't necessarily the automatic ones that match your game's name, so Google for recommendations on this). I think AC2 looks beautiful still, but you sound like you have extremely high standards for graphics!

For me, ACB was the game I had most fun with, and the one I've played the most. AC2 is the Disney movie: very romantic style, very grand architecture, a progression involving a lot of themes about family. ACB went in a slightly wacky direction with the super-evil cackling villians, but I enjoyed its black & white approach, and I felt the mission designs (one you get past the grand opening) are much better than any others in the series so far. You're given a lot of latitude to complete objectives before a bottleneck forces you to find a way through, and then it opens up again, and I liked the stealth missions (many didn't, because some were "no detection"). ACR was dull for me, very much on-rails, and many of the tasks were insultingly cheap (1. Climb a thing 2. Look at another thing 3. Go there and press X to dig up a book, etc), and AC3 continues this very linear mission design with the major exception of the naval warfare when you finally get to employ some tactical thought.

Sushiglutton
03-21-2013, 02:30 PM
I kind of agree tbh. I'm def not in the "go back to AC1" -camp, I think there is much better directions to go in. The investigation missions were almost fun to do ones. They didn't have enough variety and freedom to be interesting to do over and over. The assassination missions themselves were generally good and more open than AC3. They weren't anywhere close to perfect though imo. The side content was meh for the most part, especially since the combat system wasn't all that fun to me. Catching flags, or assassinating random people before a timer runs out, didn't excite. What can be really fun is the sandbox stuff that has no markers and is basically up to you to do something with.

Had good ideas, but didn't execute them all that well. I can fully understand why someone would find it a bit boring, even though to me it was more mixed.

Edit: That's a great post DoubleClick, I agree with everything you said :).

IDefectedI
03-21-2013, 02:38 PM
I kind of agree tbh. I'm def not in the "go back to AC1" -camp, I think there is much better directions to go in. The investigation missions were almost fun to do ones. They didn't have enough variety and freedom to be interesting to do over and over. The assassination missions themselves were generally good and more open than AC3. They weren't anywhere close to perfect though imo. The side content was meh for the most part, especially since the combat system wasn't all that fun to me. Catching flags, or assassinating random people before a timer runs out, didn't excite. What can be really fun is the sandbox stuff that has no markers and is basically up to you to do something with.

Had good ideas, but didn't execute them all that well. I can fully understand why someone would find it a bit boring, even though to me it was more mixed.

I don't know if they do this with other AC games . I had an idea for a game mode 'Roof top racing' . It would become like a puzzle since you can not touch the ground or you will lose . The choice is yours to make , how to get to the other side under a time limit . better the route , better the time ! Also flags should come up on the GPU when you finish "Gold" completion - this way you want to get Gold in races so it shows more locations . Less locations will show up if you get silver or bronze . Little perks like that will help you with completion and at the same time give incentive to get Gold .

IDefectedI
03-21-2013, 02:39 PM
AC3's frame rate problems had little to do with the power of your system and more to do with specific components. My computer's not as good as yours, but I had no problems (as long as I disabled vsync in the .ini) regarding the famous frame rate dip (which may well have been cured in later patches). ATi cards were especially hurt by this bug, nVidia cards less so, and the people complaining often had top of the range cards.

As you say, it often is the coding of the games themselves, where frame rates top out well within your system's abilities.

Also, personal opinion: I'll probably never play AC3 a second time. I tried, and it was dull for me. I've played AC2 many times, but you'll find it quite old-looking too compared to the very latest standards, and you're not going to like the shadow quality. You can improve the look of it quite a lot with nVidia Inspector's profiles; the best ones for a game aren't necessarily the automatic ones that match your game's name, so Google for recommendations on this). I think AC2 looks beautiful still, but you sound like you have extremely high standards for graphics!

For me, ACB was the game I had most fun with, and the one I've played the most. AC2 is the Disney movie: very romantic style, very grand architecture, a progression involving a lot of themes about family. ACB went in a slightly wacky direction with the super-evil cackling villians, but I enjoyed it's black & white approach, and I felt the mission designs (one you get past the grand opening) are much better than any others in the series so far. You're given a lot of latitude to complete objectives before a bottleneck forces you to find a way through, and then it opens up again, and I liked the stealth missions (many didn't, because some were "no detection"). ACR was dull for me, very much on-rails, and many of the tasks were insultingly cheap (1. Climb a thing 2. Look at another thing 3. Go there and press X to dig up a book, etc), and AC3 continues this very linear mission design with the major exception of the naval warfare when you finally get to employ some tactical thought.

Thanks for the heads up . I got AC:2 and ACR when steam sales hit last week .

SaintPerkele
03-21-2013, 03:14 PM
I must admit that I did not read the whole thread, so this might have been said before.

But AC1 was in certain terms an intelligent game. The gameplay was cool in my opinion, but I know many thought it was worse than the sequels, the missions were repetitive and short, collecting flags an unneccessary feature, and yet it is one of my favourite AC games.
Because of the dialogues, mostly. They are deep, they are intellectual, they are very well written. The characters are much less shallow than in the sequels, not the cliché-type of guys. Both the past and the present are not overloaded with heavy-action-stuff, but all in all rather calm and thought-provoking, up to the moment where you have to escape from an assassination and the whole calmness suddenly ends.
Then the atmosphere - still one of the best ones of all AC games. Everything about it feels so right and the Assassin Order was actually presented quite accurate. Actually, I liked the investigation, the short dialogue with the bureau leader and the feather-part too, no matter whether it happened every single time.

AC is now getting much more 'casual'. More gadgets, more explosions, more quicktime-events. More generic.

D.I.D.
03-21-2013, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the heads up . I got AC:2 and ACR when steam sales hit last week .

Good move.

I know what you mean about AC1. I love it because it was unique at that time, and the setting was very brave in lots of ways. I really liked the idea of being rewarded with useful information for completing tasks, but I expect you had the same problem with it that I did - the information wasn't really transforming your experience of the assassination. Once the penny drops that you can actually spend your time more usefully doing your own real investigations by prowling the outer walls and looking for good routes in, there's not a lot of point in discovering from an informant that your target eats baked beans on Tuesdays.

I do wish they'd expanded on more of the things that AC1 started, but I can understand why they didn't. It's a much slower process designing missions that have to have special information for informants to supply.

luckyto
03-21-2013, 03:40 PM
Spam throwing knives. :p

For what it's worth, I'd say AC3 probably has the second-hardest combat of the series (after the original), though both were very easy when compared to other games. A difficulty setting would be nice!

I totally agree.

To the OP, many people feel the same way you do. You are far from alone in that opinion. I'm not one of those people, but to each their own.

For AC1, it isn't really about side missions and the story - while interesting - is just more of a rough skeleton framing the game. It's really just simply about free roam and combat. Going to ancient places and doing the basic mechanics: climbing, free-running, escapes, combat, eagle view, etc. And at those basic things, it actually is superior to all of its sequels.

Plus the graphics, which are far and away superior to everything that has followed.

MasterAssasin84
03-21-2013, 03:57 PM
I totally agree.

To the OP, many people feel the same way you do. You are far from alone in that opinion. I'm not one of those people, but to each their own.

For AC1, it isn't really about side missions and the story - while interesting - is just more of a rough skeleton framing the game. It's really just simply about free roam and combat. Going to ancient places and doing the basic mechanics: climbing, free-running, escapes, combat, eagle view, etc. And at those basic things, it actually is superior to all of its sequels.

Plus the graphics, which are far and away superior to everything that has followed.

This is the thing what i liked about AC1, clever scripts writing an imersive story line, smooth graphics and i loved the fact you really had to watch your actions whilst on a mission.

IDefectedI
03-21-2013, 04:31 PM
I must admit that I did not read the whole thread, so this might have been said before.

But AC1 was in certain terms an intelligent game. The gameplay was cool in my opinion, but I know many thought it was worse than the sequels, the missions were repetitive and short, collecting flags an unneccessary feature, and yet it is one of my favourite AC games.
Because of the dialogues, mostly. They are deep, they are intellectual, they are very well written. The characters are much less shallow than in the sequels, not the cliché-type of guys. Both the past and the present are not overloaded with heavy-action-stuff, but all in all rather calm and thought-provoking, up to the moment where you have to escape from an assassination and the whole calmness suddenly ends.
Then the atmosphere - still one of the best ones of all AC games. Everything about it feels so right and the Assassin Order was actually presented quite accurate. Actually, I liked the investigation, the short dialogue with the bureau leader and the feather-part too, no matter whether it happened every single time.

AC is now getting much more 'casual'. More gadgets, more explosions, more quicktime-events. More generic.

Storytelling felt forced and without merit . If you study politics or theology this game will feel dry and tasteless . So far all I got from the story was "Christians evil - atheism good" New world order can be good if done right . I'm not a Catholic but this game hates Catholics - seems to be deeply rooted throughout the game . Even the so called Good guys "assassins" lived for a cause by killing for their own moral justice .

Also not offend by the game but I hate games that try and shove ideals into my head by twisting or creating broken ideals from selective moments in time . If anyone study the crusades , they would know it was fueled by greed .

Now if this game is stating even the assassins are evil , I can respect that . Since every one on this planet killed in the name of "-------" . Some atheistic dictators , killed more in the 20th century then all religious atrocities combined . I will be playing AC:2 soon but I hope they put everyone under the light as corrupted , so it seems balanced without forced "developer politics"

There is a reason I stopped watching most movies today - they are laced with annoying politics and one dimensional thoughts . I love freedom of speech so don't take want I said as an insulting .

SleezeRocker
03-21-2013, 04:40 PM
Prepare to be flamed mercilessly. Why make a thread whining about a game that came out six years ago and has spawned four sequels?

Pretty much this ^

IDefectedI
03-21-2013, 04:42 PM
I totally agree.

yes that is the only reason I could finish this game . The feeling of jumping about and fighting with high frame rates , allowed me to enjoy the visual aspect .

IDefectedI
03-21-2013, 04:42 PM
Pretty much this ^

So far most have been nice to me . Only a few flamed my thoughts .

MasterAssasin84
03-21-2013, 04:44 PM

Taking into consideration the AC1 was developed in 2007 i actualy thought as comparison of its time AC1 was far more polished than AC3.

MasterAssasin84
03-21-2013, 04:45 PM
So far most have been nice to me . Only a few flamed my thoughts .

There is no reason to flame ones opinion , we all here to voice our thoughts and discuss the best franchise of all time ( in my opinion ) i have to add. :)

CalgaryJay
03-21-2013, 05:48 PM
I'm in the middle of replaying it for the first time since I first played it years ago, still really enjoying it. It certainly is more repetitive than the others, but there's just a vibe about the game I'm really enjoying. Love the setting/music. After playing the others, when you go back to AC1 it feels clunkier/slower, but that should pretty much be expected from an original, 6 year old game that has since spawned into a giant with annual releases. And frankly I'm impressed with how well the graphics have held up for a 6 year old game.

As for OP's question on what's better, AC2 or 3, the massive graphics/gameplay improvements give it to 3 personally. But if you asked the average gamer, they'd say AC2. Basically, AC turned into an "A" series title because of AC2. 2 basically addresses all the concerns people had about 1. I'd recommend it.

IDefectedI
03-21-2013, 06:42 PM
There is no reason to flame ones opinion , we all here to voice our thoughts and discuss the best franchise of all time ( in my opinion ) i have to add. :)

Well I'm downloading AC:2 now . Let you know if this game has more variety then AC:1. AC:1 ending was just awful . Story seems like B- with average acting . All I want is strong game play , since the majority of video game storytelling never entice me .

MasterAssasin84
03-21-2013, 06:44 PM
Well I'm downloading AC:2 now . Let you know if this game has more variety then AC:1. Right now as of AC:1 ending was just awful . Story seems like B- with average acting . All I want is strong game play , since the majority of video game storytelling never entice me .

Dude AC2 is the best most awesome AC in the series its my all time fave and i always find myself going back to it !! PM me let me know what you think:D.

I assure you wont be dissapointed its frigging awesome in every sense.

pirate1802
03-21-2013, 06:46 PM
Wut? I thought AC1's ending was awesome O.o

IDefectedI
03-21-2013, 06:50 PM
Dude AC2 is the best most awesome AC in the series its my all time fave and i always find myself going back to it !! PM me let me know what you think:D.

I assure you wont be dissapointed its frigging awesome in every sense.

So would you say there is quality game-play structure ?

MasterAssasin84
03-21-2013, 07:00 PM
So would you say there is quality game-play structure ?

IMO yes certainly , the combat system has been built up from AC1 so expect to see some pretty impressive moves and the settings are ****ing mind blowing and Beautiful in every sense its very atmospheric and Ezio's abilities are from what i thought far more quicker.

SaintPerkele
03-21-2013, 07:08 PM
Storytelling felt forced and without merit . If you study politics or theology this game will feel dry and tasteless . So far all I got from the story was "Christians evil - atheism good" New world order can be good if done right . I'm not a Catholic but this game hates Catholics - seems to be deeply rooted throughout the game . Even the so called Good guys "assassins" lived for a cause by killing for their own moral justice .
Absolutely not true. Most of the Templars are shown to be Atheists, too, and those would be considered as "the bad guys". King Richard for example is a Christian with very strong beliefs - and he was one of the only persons in the game who was depicted as a rather nice character. And this game hates Catholics? What? If you study theology, you should be aware that at that time there was no Protestantism - Catholicism was Christianity back then. Also, the game shows rather clearly that there is no difference between the religions. You are in the middle of a war between Muslims and Christians, and you don't support either party.

Also not offend by the game but I hate games that try and shove ideals into my head by twisting or creating broken ideals from selective moments in time . If anyone study the crusades , they would know it was fueled by greed .
AC is known for being only loosely based on history. The game never says anything against the true objectives of the Crusades you mentioned. It just gives the idea, that there was a secret society who tried to use the Crusades for their own goals and those people were members of both the Christian and the Muslim side of the war.

Now if this game is stating even the assassins are evil , I can respect that . Since every one on this planet killed in the name of "-------" . Some atheistic dictators , killed more in the 20th century then all religious atrocities combined . I will be playing AC:2 soon but I hope they put everyone under the light as corrupted , so it seems balanced without forced "developer politics"
But the Assassins are corrupted (in AC1 at least). Did you finish it yet? If not, SPOILERS: Al Mualim is a traitor. The whole order was only based on his personal goals. He betrayed both the Assassins and the Templars. What he had Altair do, was - in the end - actually only so he could be more powerful.

There is a reason I stopped watching most movies today - they are laced with annoying politics and one dimensional thoughts . I love freedom of speech so don't take want I said as an insulting .
I certainly don't, no worries, I'm just trying to defend the part of the franchise which is the least biased. You will notice that up until ACIII, Assassins are suddenly super-good guys and Templars extremely evil. AC1 was the best one in saying that there is no good and bad.

IDefectedI
03-21-2013, 08:15 PM
not a good start the game is hitching like crazy . Low or high settings same outcome .

emperior
03-21-2013, 09:10 PM
AC2 is the best AC game... infact it took them 2 years of work.
It has two beautiful cities, you build Monteriggioni up, Forli and Tuscany are quite good overall and it's just awesome.
Story is awesome. Everything is awesome.
AC2 resurrected the franchise.

IDefectedI
03-21-2013, 09:44 PM
So I checked my GPU usage and Frames .

Usage 11% each card !!
FPS 62 FPS !

WTH ?

UrDeviant1
03-21-2013, 09:45 PM

Usage 11% each card !!
FPS 62 FPS !

WTH ?

Wow, that's amazing.

shobhit7777777
03-21-2013, 09:48 PM
so was your mom

IDefectedI
03-21-2013, 09:50 PM
Wow, that's amazing.

Far from amazing , more like an absolute disappointment .

UrDeviant1
03-21-2013, 09:50 PM
so was your mom

Wish I could say the same for yours.

shobhit7777777
03-21-2013, 09:56 PM
Wish I could say the same for yours.

My parents are dead

UrDeviant1
03-21-2013, 09:58 PM
My parents are dead

Ha ha yes you're Batman. Hilarious, truly.

IDefectedI
03-21-2013, 09:58 PM
Seems like the game is locked to 63.1 Frames per second with Sync on or off . Also to the guy flaming my thread please stop .

TheHumanTowel
03-21-2013, 10:01 PM
My parents are dead
http://i.imgur.com/ynCezPj.jpg

shobhit7777777
03-21-2013, 10:02 PM
Ha ha yes you're Batman. Hilarious, truly.

You find the notion of dead parents funny?

I will have to report this to your mom tonight.

http://i.imgur.com/ynCezPj.jpg

http://files.sharenator.com/funny_gifs_batman_approves_Gifs_D_2-s480x368-266373.gif

HeedfulMass4856
03-21-2013, 10:02 PM
ACI is the best one though. It was the only true "Assassin's Creed" within the whole franchise. In all of the other games, the creed gradually becomes moot, stealth gets worst, and the series has gradually turned into an action-adventure game, when it SHOULD be a stealth game.

UrDeviant1
03-21-2013, 10:03 PM
You find the notion of dead parents funny?

I will have to report this to your mom tonight.

What is this? It's like I'm being pestered by a 12 year old. Shoo.

IDefectedI
03-21-2013, 10:06 PM
All right so it turns out this game is a straight up port ! PC capped at 60 FPS . thanks for ruining AC:2 . Only spent 4.99 but still feels like a loss . When moving around my eyes can feel the broken image when moving . I understand some will say the human eye can't see past 30-60 -- but I can ! In fact its been proven that the eye can see past 100 , easily .

Dammit , my eye is use to 120 frames so anything less bothers me .

shobhit7777777
03-21-2013, 10:07 PM
What is this? It's like I'm being pestered by a 12 year old. Shoo.

"Pestered"....

That reminds me...tell your Mom to stop calling me post 3:00 AM. I've got **** to do.

And tell her she left her razor at my place....Alfred will drop it off. No go play outside or something,

UrDeviant1
03-21-2013, 10:14 PM
"Pestered"....

That reminds me...tell your Mom to stop calling me post 3:00 AM. I've got **** to do.

And tell her she left her razor at my place....Alfred will drop it off. No go play outside or something,

I'v seen some failed attempts at humour, but this one takes the biscuit. But, this is a PG forum. That's to be expected I guess.

shobhit7777777
03-21-2013, 10:19 PM
I'v seen some failed attempts at humour, but this one takes the biscuit. But, this is a PG forum. That's to be expected I guess.

lol....and I've seen the same "distanced critical analysis" replies so many times....refuge for the escapists, I guess

Now onto more important things...like your mom

UrDeviant1
03-21-2013, 10:21 PM
lol....and I've seen the same "distanced critical analysis" replies so many times....refuge for the escapists, I guess

I'm not surprised. It's hard to reply to those comments without sounding like I also just stepped off of a playground. You have been reported.

shobhit7777777
03-21-2013, 10:26 PM
I'm not surprised. It's hard to reply to those comments without sounding like I also just stepped off of a playground.

Glad to see you haven't lost sight of your hypocrisy

You have been reported.

As have you....to your Mom.

:)

LOL...Deviant..now everytime you post...all I'll picture is your Mom.

Assassin_M
03-22-2013, 12:35 AM
AC2 is the best AC game... infact it took them 2 years of work.
It has two beautiful cities, you build Monteriggioni up, Forli and Tuscany are quite good overall and it's just awesome.
Story is awesome. Everything is awesome.
AC2 resurrected the franchise.
AC II ruined the franchise for me, speak for yourself

TheHumanTowel
03-22-2013, 12:43 AM
Clearly hasn't ruined it if you're still around here 3 games later......

Assassin_M
03-22-2013, 12:52 AM
Clearly hasn't ruined it if you're still around here 3 games later......
I didn't buy Brotherhood on release date and that`s saying something

AC III ruined the franchise for a lot of people and they`re still buying black flag...

TheHumanTowel
03-22-2013, 01:07 AM
I didn't buy Brotherhood on release date and that`s saying something

AC III ruined the franchise for a lot of people and they`re still buying black flag...
Anyone who claims the series has been "ruined" for them and is still buying the games is talking a load of bollox. Not buying the game on release day isn't really saying much. You still bought the game, and the next one, and the next one after that.

Assassin_M
03-22-2013, 01:11 AM
Anyone who claims the series has been "ruined" for them and is still buying the games is talking a load of bollox. Not buying the game on release day isn't really saying much. You still bought the game, and the next one, and the next one after that.
Nah...Anything I say about AC II is bollox to anyone who likes AC II....it`s not bollox to me and btw I didn't buy ACR right away either;) rented it first, then bought it...here`s how it went

bought AC I in December, bought AC II on release date, bought ACB in April 2011, rented ACR in February 2012 (and bought it 4 days later) and bought AC III on release date

TheHumanTowel
03-22-2013, 01:15 AM
Nah...Anything I say about AC II is bollox to anyone who likes AC II....it`s not bollox to me and btw I didn't buy ACR right away either;) rented it first, then bought it...here`s how it went

bought AC I in December, bought AC II on release date, bought ACB in April 2011, rented ACR in February 2012 (and bought it 4 days later) and bought AC III on release date
I never said you not liking AC2 is bollox,what I said was bollox was you saying the franchise was ruined for you by AC2 yet you remained a member of the games forum for the next 3 years and bought all subsequent games. You have a strange devotion to a series that was ruined for you 3 years ago.

Assassin_M
03-22-2013, 01:19 AM
I never said you not liking AC2 is bollox,what I said was bollox was you saying the franchise was ruined for you by AC2 yet you remained a member of the games forum for the next 3 years and bought all subsequent games. You have a strange devotion to a series that was ruined for you 3 years ago.
Well...I cannot unmember myself from here....I think the entirety of 2010 I wasn't regularly posting here....

A game ruining a series does not mean that I`m gonna leave it forever and ever...I loved AC I and this led me to AC II, didn't like AC II, it ruined the series for me, bought ACB VERY late due to AC II`s impact, AGAIN was disappointed, then rented ACR, because I love Istanbul, liked it and then bought it, finally...got AC III due to ACR being better than ACB and AC II, in my opinion...

Dunno how I cannot be devoted and yet have a game ruin the series for me....

TheHumanTowel
03-22-2013, 01:22 AM
Well...I cannot unmember myself from here....I think the entirety of 2010 I wasn't regularly posting here....

A game ruining a series does not mean that I`m gonna leave it forever and ever...I loved AC I and this led me to AC II, didn't like AC II, it ruined the series for me, bought ACB VERY late due to AC II`s impact, AGAIN was disappointed, then rented ACR, because I love Istanbul, liked it and then bought it, finally...got AC III due to ACR being better than ACB and AC II, in my opinion...

Dunno how I cannot be devoted and yet have a game ruin the series for me....
Maybe you have a different definition of the word "ruined" then. Because that last sentence makes no sense.

menumaxibestof
03-22-2013, 01:23 AM

I agree with that, in a sense. A lot of fans (who praise AC2) are complaining about some aspects of AC3 which are just a logic evolution of what AC2 has brought to the franchise (especially the linear mission design).
Also, AC2 has for me the worst story of the series, the scenario could have been writen by a kid... And Ezio is so stereotypical...

Assassin_M
03-22-2013, 01:26 AM
I agree with that, in a sense. A lot of fans (who praise AC2) are complaining about some aspects of AC3 which are just a logic evolution of what AC2 has brought to the franchise (especially the linear mission design).
Also, AC2 has for me the worst story of the series, the scenario could have been writen by a kid... And Ezio is so stereotypical...
did you buy the gamea after AC II ?? and clearly you`re still a member, so

TheHumanTowel
03-22-2013, 01:31 AM
*sigh*

D.I.D.
03-22-2013, 01:46 AM

Usage 11% each card !!
FPS 62 FPS !

WTH ?

Something is capping your framerate. This often happens with console ports.

Personally, I wouldn't sniff at a solid 60FPS, but having spent crazy money on two 680s I can see why you wouldn't be happy with that (personally I'd always go for the best single card over any SLi system, since SLi is often not well supported in PC versions of games!).

Forcing VSync off will sometimes allow for higher rates, but as far as I know the Anvil engine itself used to be capped at ~60FPS, although I've heard about higher rates in Brotherhood. If that's true, I don't know what you can do about it. There's no mod community of course, so you might be stuck with only (!) a static 60FPS. If it never dips? I'd be happy with that.

IDefectedI
03-22-2013, 04:32 AM
Something is capping your framerate. This often happens with console ports.

Personally, I wouldn't sniff at a solid 60FPS, but having spent crazy money on two 680s I can see why you wouldn't be happy with that (personally I'd always go for the best single card over any SLi system, since SLi is often not well supported in PC versions of games!).

Forcing VSync off will sometimes allow for higher rates, but as far as I know the Anvil engine itself used to be capped at ~60FPS, although I've heard about higher rates in Brotherhood. If that's true, I don't know what you can do about it. There's no mod community of course, so you might be stuck with only (!) a static 60FPS. If it never dips? I'd be happy with that.

Well , the best response would be . Could you game at 30 FPS, since your standard is 60 FPS ? Trust me I want 120 frames . True Next gen to me is high frames lol

pirate1802
03-22-2013, 05:06 AM
Also, AC2 has for me the worst story of the series

For me it was Brotherhood. Cliched and uninteresting story, Cliched and uninteresting characters, Cliched and uninteresting villain.

LoyalACFan
03-22-2013, 05:13 AM
For me it was Brotherhood. Cliched and uninteresting story, Cliched and uninteresting characters, Cliched and uninteresting villain.

This so much. The only character-developing moments we got (the Cristina missions) had ZERO influence on his behavior during the game. It's like he forgot about her from 1498-1511, then suddenly became the withered, bitter old man he was in Revelations until he got together with Sofia.

Overall, the Ezio saga was extraordinarily epic IMO, but Brotherhood was a low point.

hellomrdarcy
03-22-2013, 07:54 AM

Agreed. I didn't like AC2 a lot either. The most funny part is that I always feel like people get soooo offended by some of us not liking it. It seems like AC2 is too sensitive to critique, almost a "holy" game or something "omg no you cant say its bad its the best game til date ezio ezio ezio was the coolest dude THIS IS A FACT". Um, yeah. No.

Assassin_M
03-22-2013, 08:09 AM
Agreed. I didn't like AC2 a lot either. The most funny part is that I always feel like people get soooo offended by some of us not liking it. It seems like AC2 is too sensitive to critique, almost a "holy" game or something "omg no you cant say its bad its the best game til date ezio ezio ezio was the coolest dude THIS IS A FACT". Um, yeah. No.
Yeah had that happen to me sometimes:rolleyes:

ArabianFrost
03-22-2013, 08:37 AM
Such an edgy title.

roostersrule2
03-22-2013, 09:25 AM
Yeah had that happen to me sometimes:rolleyes:Really when? Shame on the man responsible.

Assassin_M
03-22-2013, 09:26 AM
Really when? Shame on the man responsible.
I knooooooooooooooooooow xD

IDefectedI
03-22-2013, 01:50 PM
So I was able to enjoy this game even with the console caps ! I put on my 3D vision:2 glasses , installed the Helix 3D vision fix , and boosted the convergence ! AC:2 in 3D vision:2 looks so much better then standard 2D vision . Toy effect makes me want to reach in and flick the bad guys to the ground . :cool:

ProletariatPleb
03-22-2013, 02:20 PM
Side quests building into short missions , representative of the last !
And...what exactly is wrong with side missions being side missions?

Asking the player to pick up 100's of flags / side missions , and repeat the same thing over.
Nobody asked you to collect flags and you don't have to do all the "side missions" only 3 are necessary I believe, further they add to sync and add a LOT to the back story.

Storytelling seemed broken , without much truth in it . I was waiting for one singular truth to be told .
What truth? What truths were you looking for?

menumaxibestof
03-22-2013, 03:24 PM
did you buy the gamea after AC II ?? and clearly you`re still a member, so

Don't get me wrong, I didn't say that I didn't like AC 2. It is a game that I found very enjoyable.
But from a purely videoludic aspect, AC1 is far more interesting (note that I don't say "enjoyable", which is a subjective point). AC2 has cut all the real freedom in the construction of the missions, and replaced it by a fake one, an illusional freedom, by adding tons of side content. It led to this feeling that side missions seem sometimes disconnected with the main story, that they are just there to say "hey look, there are side missions !". It also led to a loss of focus on the main story and a loss of the spirit of the original game...

AC2 generated the current identity crisis of the franchise.

Assassin_M
03-22-2013, 03:26 PM
Don't get me wrong, I didn't say that I didn't like AC 2. It is a game that I found very enjoyable.
But from a purely videoludic aspect, AC1 is far more interesting (note that I don't say "enjoyable", which is a subjective point). AC2 has cut all the real freedom in the construction of the missions, and replaced it by a fake one, an illusional freedom, by adding tons of side content. It led to this feeling that side missions seem sometimes disconnected with the main story, that they are just there to say "hey look, there are side missions !". It also led to a loss of focus on the main story and a loss of the spirit of the original game...

AC2 generated the current identity crisis of the franchise.
This whole thing...

Just like how people think I hate AC II and Ezio...Ezio was awesome and AC II is a very enjoyable game..the rest ? read quoted post..

Thank You, sir..agreed with everything

roostersrule2
03-22-2013, 03:29 PM
This whole thing...

Just like how people think I hate AC II and Ezio...Ezio was awesome and AC II is a very enjoyable game..the rest ? read quoted post..

Thank You, sir..agreed with everythingThey think you hate it because you said you do?

Assassin_M
03-22-2013, 03:32 PM
They think you hate it because you said you do?
I only told YOU that...you`re just so vulnerable :p

roostersrule2
03-22-2013, 03:34 PM
I only told YOU that...you`re just so vulnerable :pNo you told a whole forum that, don't think I don't enjoy our little arguments though they're one of my highlights of this forum.

Assassin_M
03-22-2013, 03:37 PM
No you told a whole forum that, don't think I don't enjoy our little arguments though they're one of my highlights of this forum.
Yeah Yeah the whole forum saw it..big deal...it`s not like any of these guys remember what they had for lunch yesterday..

Of course you like our arguments......I do not get into arguments easily.....Oh wait...I do :|

roostersrule2
03-22-2013, 03:40 PM
Yeah Yeah the whole forum saw it..big deal...it`s not like any of these guys remember what they had for lunch yesterday..

Of course you like our arguments......I do not get into arguments easily.....Oh wait...I do :|They remember you hate it though.

Assassin_M
03-22-2013, 03:50 PM
They remember you hate it though.
speak for yourself xD

pacmanate
03-22-2013, 04:26 PM
I knew M would rape this thread

AjinkyaParuleka
03-22-2013, 04:33 PM
I bet M won all the debates in his school days.

luckyto
03-22-2013, 04:34 PM
yes that is the only reason I could finish this game . The feeling of jumping about and fighting with high frame rates , allowed me to enjoy the visual aspect .

At the end of the day, I ultimately judge a sandbox on how well it does the basics. Is it visually impressive? Are the mechanics fluid and intuitive? Is fun to simply roam and explore? Is combat engaging and have a degree of depth? Is the scenery/atmosphere/environment large and varied? If it does those elements well, the story is all secondary. And that's why - ultimately - I still rank AC1 higher than most of its successors. Because it excelled at the fundamentals. Basically - is it fun to play? Yes. It's very fun to play around in AC1.

You'll find AC2 is 1000% better at story, side missions, RPG elements, etc. And in terms of the above-mentioned fundamentals, it's only a slight drop from AC1. And thus, why many people contend that it is the best installment of the series. I know that it is the one that I recommend to newcomers.

All of the others have suffered in some way. Brotherhood's presentation was top-notch, but the map is small and monotonous and the combat ridiculously easy with no depth or variety. AC3's combat is fun and engaging, the maps are huge, and the story is well-written; but the presentation is often poor, the game is glitchy and unfinished, the frame rates are horrendous and there's little to do and often the environment feels monotonous. Revelations is just a mixed bag ... highlighted by the best "map" in the series with so many mechanics that are just plain unfun and a story that is "meh." And each has it's own set of fans who are willing to put up with a loss in one category or another.

I love AC1 because it excels at pure gameplay. No fancy bells and whistles. No side missions, commerce, hidden gun double barrel two handed Tower Defense notoriety. It excels because you have a target --- you enter a city of the ancient world -- after some quick investigative work - you can assassinate him as your heart's content ... stealthy like a ninja or brash like Braveheart. The choice is up to you: the player ... and both paths lead to fun engaging gameplay with superb aesthetics. After five years of playing it, I still load it up for more, and I can't say that about any other games in my collection except Red Dead.

Assassin_M
03-22-2013, 04:38 PM
You'll find AC2 is 1000% better at story,
Well I may sound repetitive, but no that`s not a foretold fact...

luckyto
03-22-2013, 04:48 PM
My opinion.

And really --- bad choice of words on my part --- it's more the presentation of the story (cutscenes, dialogue, voice acting, etc.) I like AC1's story, but I find that it suffers in the presentation department and AC2 really excels in voice acting, dialogue, etc. My opinion.

Assassin_M
03-22-2013, 04:50 PM
My opinion.

And really --- bad choice of words on my part --- it's more the presentation of the story (cutscenes, dialogue, voice acting, etc.) I like AC1's story, but I find that it suffers in the presentation department and AC2 really excels in voice acting, dialogue, etc. My opinion.
Oh Yes of course..I just had issue with the pronoun "You" in your previous post..:)

pirate1802
03-22-2013, 04:51 PM
I like AC1's story, but I find that it suffers in the presentation department.

Gotta agree with this. AC1's story was awesome, but probably not presented as well as it could have been, maybe with more cutscenes etc.

roostersrule2
03-22-2013, 05:26 PM
speak for yourself xDIf I was speaking for myself why does it continually get brought up, by myself and also others?

Assassin_M
03-22-2013, 05:28 PM
If I was speaking for myself why does it continually get brought up, by myself and also others?
Let it go already, you`re the only one who`s always on my tail regarding anything I say about AC II:p

roostersrule2
03-22-2013, 05:34 PM
Let it go already, you`re the only one who`s always on my tail regarding anything I say about AC II:pNo, you can hate or not hate AC2 all you want you said it did not improve one aspect from the 1st game (which is blatantly wrong), that's were the argument was. Again considering you seem to bring up every time AC2 is mentioned of how you were attacked for hating AC2, it seems you have to let it go.

Assassin_M
03-22-2013, 05:40 PM
No, you can hate or not hate AC2 all you want
OK ?

you said it did not improve one aspect from the 1st game (which is blatantly wrong)
No, not really xD You wanna go at it again ?

that's were the argument was. Again considering you seem to bring up every time AC2 is mentioned of how you were attacked for hating AC2, it seems you have to let it go.
nope

roostersrule2
03-22-2013, 05:46 PM
OK ?

No, not really xD You wanna go at it again ?

nopeWell yes you did say that and this whole argument started because you said that you have had people criticize you for hating AC2.

Assassin_M
03-22-2013, 05:48 PM
Well yes you did say that and this whole argument started because you said that you have had people criticize you for hating AC2.
Which is true:rolleyes:

*ongoing*

roostersrule2
03-22-2013, 05:57 PM
Which is true:rolleyes:

*ongoing*Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted.

Assassin_M
03-22-2013, 06:01 PM
Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted.
I`m a Templar sorry

roostersrule2
03-22-2013, 06:04 PM
I`m a Templar sorryLol@No creed, pathetic really.

ACfan443
03-22-2013, 06:05 PM
Gotta agree with this. AC1's story was awesome, but probably not presented as well as it could have been, maybe with more cutscenes etc.

Yeah, they took that piece of criticism and blew it out of proportion. No we have cutscene after cutscene after cutscene. Watching 'cutscenes' in AC1 during an assassination mission was something I really looked forward to because they only played twice (before and after the kill). Now it's just annoying.

luckyto
03-22-2013, 07:00 PM
Yeah, they took that piece of criticism and blew it out of proportion. No we have cutscene after cutscene after cutscene. Watching 'cutscenes' in AC1 during an assassination mission was something I really looked forward to because they only played twice (before and after the kill). Now it's just annoying.

Exactly. I agree. They haven't found their balance yet. And they put too much weight on critics, who really only play the story mode and have long since abandoned their responsibility to judge a game on "gameplay" rather than cutscenes and story presentation.

And to M's point, AC 2 was the beginning of a very bad trend: "the structured assassination." AC2 balanced that with the Assassination Contract side missions. In my mind, I was OK with it. For the story, I got this nice smooth story sequence with cutscenes and a more movie-like feel; and then I had Assassination Contracts which I could tackle however I chose.

They tried something open-ended in Brotherhood with the Borgia towers, but that often ended up repetitive. AC3 really nailed it with the "Forts." You have several objectives, one is an assassination; and how you get to that target is up to the player. However, in both those games, the actual story sequences really suffered from being over structured - and we are to thank AC2 for starting that bad trend.

I'm hoping AC4 finds that balance. I really think that it will based on the early interviews.

nitres15
03-22-2013, 07:18 PM
I feared that much . So in reality I should wait until I buy the 7xx cards SLI and the new Intel CPU line 8 cores . Probably my setup will run into the 60-70s since AC:3 uses the same tech as FarCry:3 ?

GTX680 SLi
I7 3770k 4.4
Asrock E4
SSD
OCZ 850w
Sniper ram 8BG 1600

Note: I can only game at 120 Frames since 60 frames gives me a headache now .

you gotta be kidding me, you can´t tell a difference between 60 and 120 frames second. Every one who says that are just fooling themselves

BATISTABUS
03-22-2013, 08:07 PM
My opinion.

I mean, it's just a different appeal. AC1 let you be your own cinematographer. You could change the camera angle, go in for close-ups, and even "act" with Altair. Both are good, but I can see how one might prefer how AC2 handled it. I'm still not sure which I prefer.

As for voice acting, I'd say AC2 was better over-all because of how terrible Altair's VA was, but everyone else was on-par with AC2. I'd say AC1 takes it for dialogue just because the targets were just so much more interesting than anything in AC2.

AssassinYago
03-22-2013, 08:37 PM
http://generatememes.com/media/created/mc75ph.jpg

pacmanate
03-22-2013, 09:19 PM
AC1 had a good story, but was seriously repetitive, lacked cinematics and lacked side missions, it also lacked colour and AI intelligence.

D.I.D.
03-22-2013, 09:23 PM
you gotta be kidding me, you can´t tell a difference between 60 and 120 frames second. Every one who says that are just fooling themselves

Got to wonder if the poster's monitor handles these high frame rates. Sometimes people are chasing mad performance without bothering to check their screen.

Must be hell for the guy that he can't watch TV or go to the cinema ;)

ACfan443
03-22-2013, 09:34 PM
AC1 had a good story, but was seriously repetitive, lacked cinematics and lacked side missions, it also lacked colour and AI intelligence.

Lacked colour? I certainly don't think it did, Damascus was very colourful for example. The colouring/lighting itself is what made each city feel unique and played a very big part in the overall atmosphere. I also feel that out of all the ACs, the first one's world looked the most realistic. I much prefer it over the cartoony feel of AC2 and onwards.

IDefectedI
03-23-2013, 05:00 AM

Fooling myself , I can't tell the difference ? Its already , been proven online and even test pilots , can distinguish high frame rate above 140 FPS ! To be honest I hate this argument since 120 fluidity is fact not superstition or so called "Fooling the eye" - The mind collects higher amounts of information i.e light -- resulting in smooth visuals . Going from 120 FPS down to 60 FPS is , day and night difference !

There is no argument to be made here - since its fact ! 120FPS is perfect and visible human perception.

ProletariatPleb
03-23-2013, 05:07 AM
Sir, that is ********. It's easy to see the difference between 30 to 60 to 120 fps. Everything becomes much smoother.

BigTrevor94
03-24-2013, 12:44 AM
Sir, that is ********. It's easy to see the difference between 30 to 60 to 120 fps. Everything becomes much smoother.

Call me crazy, but I personally didn't have a lag or frame rate problem with AC1. It was just as smooth as AC2 through 3 for me :)

x___Luffy___x
03-25-2013, 01:39 AM
AC 1 had the best looking cities. i never liked any other that much.

ProletariatPleb
03-25-2013, 07:53 AM
Call me crazy, but I personally didn't have a lag or frame rate problem with AC1. It was just as smooth as AC2 through 3 for me :)
Never said anything about any lag or framerate problems for AC1, just saying in general that the difference between 30/60/120 fps is very noticeable