PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer characters should be in Singleplayer too.

OSantaClownO
03-20-2013, 04:57 PM
It's a feature I really enjoyed in Brotherhood and Revelations that I could meet Multiplayer characters in Singleplayer.

You actually get to meet the Hessian which is the Headless Horseman, however it's for almost 3 secs and it wasn't even approved as a fact.
Am I the only one who hope to see this feature return in Black Flag?

LieutenantJojo
03-20-2013, 05:05 PM
Yeah, I liked that in the previous AC's. They should've put them in as assassination contracts, but apparently they thought it would be a better idea to give us 5 random dudes walking around the city/frontier to kill, with no backstory whatsoever.

I really hope it returns in Black Flag.

pirate1802
03-20-2013, 05:27 PM
yes indeed! I'd love the see The Night Stalker and Lady Maverick's backstories in action. They seem so interesting.

lothario-da-be
03-20-2013, 05:28 PM
That was one of the most awesome things in brotherhood and a bit in revelations too.

stingray10
03-20-2013, 05:42 PM
Yes, i really enjoyed them. It gave more depth to the multiplayer and single player.

TipTopToby1
03-20-2013, 05:43 PM
It'd be cool if some of the multiplayer characters were assassin recruits; I always liked the appearance of the Renegade during AC Revelation's singleplayer, so why not have some of the assassin MP characters (Such as The Night Stalker or The Huntsman) as your recruits? In my opinion it would be great to see how they fit into the main story.

Spider_Sith9
03-20-2013, 05:56 PM
yes indeed! I'd love the see The Night Stalker and Lady Maverick's backstories in action. They seem so interesting.
Lady Maverick's legs <3

nitres15
03-20-2013, 06:01 PM
Yes, as long as they´re as good as Shakulu and Vasi´l(something like that). The other multiplayer templars felt kinda meh to me in ACR. Atleast the templar contracts in ACB were fun

dogziler
03-20-2013, 06:10 PM
i think it would make sense to have them as both recruits and as targets. there would be an "achievement" called together again where you have them all as recruits or assassinate them all. or they could be a kill or save mission, where you have the option to spare them or recruit them. just a thought

ajl992008
03-20-2013, 06:46 PM
this feature was so cool in revelations, I didn't like it in acb as they were not given much of a backstory and the white room death speeches were non existent. this is what I liked about acr as they fleshed out the multiplayer characters, for example vali, I did sympathise with him after hearing his death speech, he sounded a lot like ezio to me, someone who was fixed on revenge.

andreja110s
03-20-2013, 07:14 PM
I really liked this feature in Brotherhood, and I would love to see it again!

InfectedNation
03-20-2013, 08:24 PM
Yes I would have loved to team up with the Pioneer in a Frontier contract...my favourite MP character

Assassin_M
03-20-2013, 08:33 PM
Who the hell said no ?

LoyalACFan
03-20-2013, 08:35 PM
Who the hell said no ?

It's like the "female Assassin" debacle all over again... :nonchalance:

EDIT- nevermind, I'm thinking of the ambient music poll where only like one person voted no.

Bashilir
03-20-2013, 08:40 PM
Definitely. Except, I don't know about anyone else but, I've always wanted Multiplayer skins for SinglePlayer. Obviously this is just when you're running around but, I always wanted to run around as the Harlequin and the Executioner in ACB.. Anyone else?

Eternal Reward
03-20-2013, 08:58 PM
Since a lot of them are actually Assassins, or allies of the Assassins......

I WANNA FIGHT WITH THE NIGHTSTALKER DAMMIT!

LoyalACFan
03-20-2013, 09:02 PM
Definitely. Except, I don't know about anyone else but, I've always wanted Multiplayer skins for SinglePlayer. Obviously this is just when you're running around but, I always wanted to run around as the Harlequin and the Executioner in ACB.. Anyone else?

I wouldn't want skins, just their outfits for Ezio :p Good for a little humor when you're bored.

Eternal Reward
03-20-2013, 09:03 PM
I wouldn't want skins, just their outfits for Ezio :p Good for a little humor when you're bored.

I just thought of fighting Redcoats as the Nightstalker......I now want this too.

BATISTABUS
03-20-2013, 09:17 PM
Yes, but don't do it like Brotherhood where they were all just terrible husbands. xD

LoyalACFan
03-20-2013, 09:39 PM
Yes, but don't do it like Brotherhood where they were all just terrible husbands. xD

Huh?

Assassin_M
03-20-2013, 09:44 PM
Huh?
Most of the Templar agents in ACB were just Terrible husbands.

LoyalACFan
03-20-2013, 09:54 PM
Most of the Templar agents in ACB were just Terrible husbands.

I only remember the one fat bearded guy even having a wife. Brotherhood was my least favorite, though, I only played through it once...

BATISTABUS
03-20-2013, 09:55 PM
Huh?
A number of the Templar contracts started with you talking to a woman complaining about how her husband was abusive or neglectful or something like that.

montagemik
03-20-2013, 10:01 PM
It's a feature I really enjoyed in Brotherhood and Revelations that I could meet Multiplayer characters in Singleplayer.

You actually get to meet the Hessian which is the Headless Horseman, however it's for almost 3 secs and it wasn't even approved as a fact.
Am I the only one who hope to see this feature return in Black Flag?

In AC-B & AC-R multiplayer we were Templar agents reliving real ancestor's memories , In AC-3 we're templar agents testing Abstergo Entertainment system - So they're simulated / hacked memories ........... Most AC3 multiplayer characters probably never really existed in the AC universe...except as abstergo avatars .

No reason they couldn't make some New single player DLC now though - Connor's memories are in the 'cloud' , so they/ can create a whole new Single player story involving Connor with all the Multiplayer characters as key allies or targets .
TOKW is almost finished ............They could do something else for AC3 before AC4 is released.

LoyalACFan
03-20-2013, 10:07 PM
In AC-B & AC-R multiplayer we were Templar agents reliving real ancestor's memories , In AC-3 we're templar agents testing Abstergo Entertainment system - So they're simulated / hacked memories ........... Most AC3 multiplayer characters probably never really existed in the AC universe...except as abstergo avatars .

No reason they couldn't make some New single player DLC now though - Connor's memories are in the 'cloud' , so they/ can create a whole new Single player story involving Connor with all the Multiplayer characters as key allies or targets .
TOKW is almost finished ............They could do something else for AC3 before AC4 is released.

The AC3 avatars were real people in the ACverse, but their biographies were edited by Abstergo to conceal their involvement with the Assassin-Templar war. Erudito hacked most of them and provided the real details, revealing that some were Templars and others were Assassins.

Assassin_M
03-20-2013, 10:09 PM
I only remember the one fat bearded guy even having a wife. Brotherhood was my least favorite, though, I only played through it once...
The Blacksmith, thief and 2 other guys that I cannot remember right now xD

InfectedNation
03-20-2013, 11:17 PM
The slaver (Nobleman) seemed to be a bad husband, I recall him threatening to have a woman he knew killed. She might have been his wife.

ajl992008
03-20-2013, 11:48 PM
this was actually the single thing that disappointed me with ac3, I really loved the game but this was the one feature I really missed as I thought they would have built on top of the awesome structure they had in acr, it would have been perfect as in ac3 the assassin recruits were real characters so we could have had mini story arches with the Templar agent, connor and the assassin being the main plot points (this would replace the main liberation mission basically).

I-Like-Pie45
03-20-2013, 11:55 PM
That would make an awesome free fan appreciation DLC. :)

With a Clint Marston, Justin Bieber, Silent Shadow, Nightstalker, Huntsman, fake Highlander, and Pioneer added to his koo-koo Assassin krew, Connor will finally have an army the size of Ezio's to do all his fighting for him. They could finally bring back the 'nod at the bird and people die' function too.

As for the Templar side, I have kept ideas about their deaths in my head...

The Hessian would be assassinated at the Battle of Trenton. Historically, it was one of Washington's few victories where he managed to lead the Continental Army in surprising and capturing an entire hessian force. Besides, it would be nice to see Ubi make a more open-ended "assassination-in-a-battle" mission than Bunker Hill was.

Commander obviously would be another Biddle situation - epic naval chase/battle topped off with a duel and some deep death speech. Maybe the mission could also toss in a Redcoat cameo, maybe have Connor kill her *** too or spare her with a "Kill Bill" you'll have your revenge some other day speech.

Coyote Man - Frontier assassination mission, open-ended.

Lady Maverick - something open-ended in one of the cities.

Eternal Reward
03-21-2013, 12:29 AM
That would make an awesome free fan appreciation DLC. :)

With a Clint Marston, Justin Bieber, Silent Shadow, Nightstalker, Huntsman, fake Highlander, and Pioneer added to his koo-koo Assassin krew, Connor will finally have an army the size of Ezio's to do all his fighting for him. They could finally bring back the 'nod at the bird and people die' function too.

As for the Templar side, I have kept ideas about their deaths in my head...

The Hessian would be assassinated at the Battle of Trenton. Historically, it was one of Washington's few victories where he managed to lead the Continental Army in surprising and capturing an entire hessian force. Besides, it would be nice to see Ubi make a more open-ended "assassination-in-a-battle" mission than Bunker Hill was.

Commander obviously would be another Biddle situation - epic naval chase/battle topped off with a duel and some deep death speech. Maybe the mission could also toss in a Redcoat cameo, maybe have Connor kill her *** too or spare her with a "Kill Bill" you'll have your revenge some other day speech.

Coyote Man - Frontier assassination mission, open-ended.

Lady Maverick - something open-ended in one of the cities.

The Redcoat is a Assassin, but other than that cool.

I-Like-Pie45
03-21-2013, 12:30 AM
The Redcoat is a Assassin, but other than that cool.
Redcoat is a Templar, take a look at her hacked profile. ;)

Eternal Reward
03-21-2013, 12:36 AM
Redcoat is a Templar, take a look at her hacked profile. ;)

Take a look at the Commander's hacked profile. And her's.

EDIT: Wait, nevermind....man, thats poorly worded.

OSantaClownO
03-21-2013, 12:44 AM

Back when I played ACB I definetly had that in mind.

BigTrevor94
03-21-2013, 04:31 AM
What would be great is if they did like spin off quests with the multiplayer people so you get a feel of who they are, why they are the way they are and all that. But as far as just paying as the toons in game that would be kinda cool, I could see problems but AC2 and Brotherhood would be cool if you play as a Doctor :)

Assassin_M
03-21-2013, 05:05 AM
A second No ? SHOW YOUR FACE DAMMIT !!

pirate1802
03-21-2013, 05:06 AM
Redcoat's father was an Assassin but she was a Templar it seems?