PDA

View Full Version : The alternative reality is activated by.... [SPOILERS]

OSantaClownO
03-20-2013, 11:32 AM
The Apple

*Washington recived the third Apple (This apple was aimed to be an Eye [similar to the one who saved the world in 2012])
*Washington suffers from illusion due the Apple and so he comes to Connor
*Connor touches the Apple and so activating it, creating the illusion for the entire US, and so the alternative reality happens.

It's most likely that upon touching the Apple again, Connor will retrieve the actual reality to the pressent.

It does make sense somehow... :D ?

nitres15
03-20-2013, 12:15 PM
The Apple

*Washington recived the third Apple (This apple was aimed to be an Eye [similar to the one who saved the world in 2012])
*Connor touches the Apple and so activating it, creating the illusion for the entire US, and so the alternative reality happens.

It's most likely that upon touching the Apple again, Connor will retrieve the actual reality to the pressent.

i think uncle G touched the apple, then dreamt of connors abs or something. I think we´re seeing this from george´s perspective

Locopells
03-20-2013, 02:49 PM
Yeah, that's pretty much what everyone said would be the case.

roostersrule2
03-20-2013, 02:53 PM
Maybe we're seeing this from Georges perspective and at the end we see George in real life hide the apple, then an Abstergo agent wakes up from the animus and says we got one.

Abeonis
03-20-2013, 07:17 PM
The Apple

Yes..... I've played The Betrayal as well.

That aside, I think it's were still playing Ratonhnhaké:ton, but he's been pulled into Washington's dream, rather than playing from Washington's perspective. This dream will be what convinces Washington to eventually hand the Apple over to Raton for safe keeping.

AntiChrist7
03-20-2013, 08:13 PM
that makes me wonder: does connor know actually what the apple is? Cause what he held as a kid where he received the vision of juno wasnt an apple

InfectedNation
03-20-2013, 08:46 PM
actually this apple gets passed down by each president until templars steal it

dewgel
03-20-2013, 08:54 PM
that makes me wonder: does connor know actually what the apple is? Cause what he held as a kid where he received the vision of juno wasnt an apple

Only guessing here, as they were too cheap to put the entire narrative in, but I think Achilles told Connor all of Altair and Ezio's story (at least what he knew of it), and he would've spoke of the Apple I'm sure.

lasha7716
03-20-2013, 08:57 PM
also at end in new york was that a pyramid or what?

LoyalACFan
03-20-2013, 09:00 PM
actually this apple gets passed down by each president until templars steal it

This is purely conjecture. The only presidents known to have possessed it are Washington, FDR, and JFK. Anything could have happened in the 150 years between Washington's acquisition of it in the 1780's and FDR's election in the 1930's; just look at how many times Ezio's Apple changed hands, even within his lifetime.

That said, I think the Apple is doing something similar to what it did for Ezio in Brotherhood; remember when it showed him that Cesare would escape and wage war in Spain? I think it's showing Connor what will happen if he doesn't take the Apple from Washington, albeit in a far more vivid way.

Abeonis
03-20-2013, 10:14 PM
This is purely conjecture. The only presidents known to have possessed it are Washington, FDR, and JFK. Anything could have happened in the 150 years between Washington's acquisition of it in the 1780's and FDR's election in the 1930's; just look at how many times Ezio's Apple changed hands, even within his lifetime.

Indeed. All we know is that after this particular Apple has been in the hands of a number of US Presidents; that doesn't necessarily mean it is being passed down from one to another.

That said, I think the Apple is doing something similar to what it did for Ezio in Brotherhood; remember when it showed him that Cesare would escape and wage war in Spain? I think it's showing Connor what will happen if he doesn't take the Apple from Washington, albeit in a far more vivid way.
This is, admittedly, slight nitpicking of me, but we do not know it is "more vivid" than what Ezio encountered as we never actually got to play it, only read about it in the novel. It is entirely possible Ezio's vision of what would happen if Cesare escaped was as equally disturbing(?) as Raton's is.

HeedfulMass4856
03-20-2013, 10:26 PM
Or, this is just Abstergo ****ing with Connor's memories like they did with Aveline.

InfectedNation
03-20-2013, 11:00 PM

Yeah you're right, I wrote the last post in a bit of a rush and didn't double check my facts.

This is, admittedly, slight nitpicking of me, but we do not know it is "more vivid" than what Ezio encountered as we never actually got to play it, only read about it in the novel. It is entirely possible Ezio's vision of what would happen if Cesare escaped was as equally disturbing(?) as Raton's is.

Well actually it's speculated that the memory "Pax Romana" is actually the apple's projection of the future, as the memory starts a few moments after Ezio touches the apple, and when it ends we see Ezio holding it once more. Rebecca even says that when they try to target the memory in which Ezio hides the apple, he seems to be "remembering [or seeing] something else"

Locopells
03-20-2013, 11:24 PM
Well actually it's speculated that the memory "Pax Romana" is actually the apple's projection of the future, as the memory starts a few moments after Ezio touches the apple, and when it ends we see Ezio holding it once more. Rebecca even says that when they try to target the memory in which Ezio hides the apple, he seems to be "remembering [or seeing] something else"

Yeah, that's why the Da Vinci Disappearance actually fits at the end of the game, despite happening before the events of Pax Romana - because Pax Romana is seen through the Apple via Ezio before the DaVD happens...