PDA

View Full Version : Decrease is Rift Sizes

aesuarez
03-19-2013, 09:43 PM
Today, all my rifts went from 600k on each level to 100k or less on each level. Not to mention the fact that the rewards were decreased as well. This goes to even the rifts that I spawned using Seals.

If this is a permanent change, i would like to get a refund on all seals spent on this server since everything i had purchased to prepare for large rift battles is now basically useless.

dLow

stellarstina
03-20-2013, 03:14 AM
Here, here! This is ridiculous. I have NPC regions in my cities that are larger than this. And the rewards are stupid. What have you done, devs?!?!?!
I think they will be shelling a bunch of money back to everyone real soon.

Paul_Rotterdam
03-20-2013, 01:46 PM
If you are unhappy just make a ticket, then you get a refund probably.

Its good that the devs turned down the rifts because a lot of player were in big problems.

stellarstina
03-20-2013, 01:55 PM
We did do tickets mister smarty pants. The ticket was a copy and paste to have us come and complain on the forums so the devs might see that we are upset.

It is so bad. They are supposed to be at the level that they are near. What the heck am I going to do with a rift that is barely the troop size of my second city npc regions?

About 20% of the people in the server are having to suffer because we can't get high levels and this is piddly and easy. And of the other 80% probably a ton of them are inactive and holding the average of the world down.

gunnier
03-20-2013, 01:59 PM
If you are unhappy just make a ticket, then you get a refund probably.

Its good that the devs turned down the rifts because a lot of player were in big problems.
I have 4kk army now, and the rift appeared right near my capital city was just 200k strong! What is "good" in this? The strength of riffs depends on region's army size, so I have no wish to be part of some new unexplainable experiment.

Darkangel2154
03-20-2013, 02:33 PM
This is insane to any player playing the pve server. Everything related to the rift size has dropped by 905%. This is the worst thing that could have happened to the server because there is no way to have fun, there is no way to feel like you have a challenge, there is no way any alliance can compete with the 1 man alliance. I have a hard time believing any player had a hard time with how the rifts were before since they were so very weak as it was.
To be fun for all players and give new players a place to enjoy the game and learn how to play from asking top players how to do things. I know each top 10 player will be glad to help any player out with how to have fun with the original rift power.
To be completely honest, I believe the rifts should go back to normal power for all players, and when tear quests start the rift power should become 2-3 times stronger to give the players a reason to play and strive to combat a challenge.

Vash

Steel-Boot
03-20-2013, 03:13 PM
what the heck have you done now ubi? Talk about knee jerk reactions to complaints....nothing like a balanced view I know of 3 people going to leave this world (pve) if this dumb change isn't reverted back and soon. I'm one of them and I'll want the seals back I've wasted on the game. I should not be able to take out a rift with my low level heroes but now I can. Some people said it was too hard...did you look and see if these players were really active? The other infuriating thing is how it is all done on the fly without telling anyone....bravo communication is so well thought out. But yo now I'm getting really dumb messages on PvP server telling me about halts etc...if you can do that you can send out a mail telling everyone how you are dumbing down the game, to the lowest common denominator, and making it last several years. We got points from the rifts which now are pathetic as the rewards were/ are. See little point playing anymore....twiddling my fingers playing Sim City type game^^

Romad1980
03-20-2013, 06:40 PM
ubi, it's been a while since I played (almost 8 months) I was looking forward to relearning the mechanics of the game...I actually left because of the rental heros and the effect on the grail steals back then...well I got a rift it was 600-700k strength for each lvl (5 total) I started clearing them and on the 3rd run, the npc strength went from 700k down to 140k, so what gives...I built up my troops for under protection and was anticipating reaping the rewards commensurate to my troop strength that would offer a challenge....I used seals to buy a legendary skill to enhance the play and reap the rewards...hmm not much on the rewards now...what is the challenge?

Steel-Boot
03-20-2013, 07:48 PM
I'm the same even bought a few crevice things......appears the challenge now is watching paint dry or tomatoes growing....more exciting than this mess....what was the point of the beta^^

aesuarez
03-20-2013, 08:26 PM
The other aspect is there are certain individuals on the server that have been spawning rifts with seals from the very beginning at normal sizes. This has given them a huge advantage over everyone else. Why not have made the rift changes since the very beginning? Now that the changes were made mid-server, the rest of us are at a disadvantage because the current sizes are laughable and hardly give out experience to our alliance. You think its normal that with a 1.2Million Dom, that the rift sizes are 80k? what a joke. And nothing is being done to address this.

AndreanDW
03-20-2013, 10:58 PM
mid-server ??? ^^
It's the 4th week of at least half a year

Teldo
03-20-2013, 11:17 PM
yes please fix this fiasco asap, these rifts are really to weak

aesuarez
03-21-2013, 12:24 AM
mid-server ??? ^^
It's the 4th week of at least half a year

Our Alliance is currently working on Alliance Rank 7 to open up forts. Also.. there is at least 1 player on the server with 218M honor, 27M Dom. So yes. I'm referring this as Mid-server.

stellarstina
03-21-2013, 02:52 AM
Yeah... Ridiculous. There is no way anyone will win this server once Ves takes all the forts. He just totally showed how if you spend enough money - you win.

kjh133
03-21-2013, 05:16 AM
These rifts are way too weak now. There is no challenge left on this server anymore. Please fix the rift levels to offer some challenge.

Wulfgar1978
03-21-2013, 06:33 AM
The Dark Elves are suppose to be a dangerous threat to the lands of Ashan. My gremlins could sneeze on the Dark Elves at the moment and they'd all collapse. As it stands this world would hardly be challenging for my 6 year old. This needs fixing right away.

AndreanDW
03-21-2013, 11:04 AM
Yeah... Ridiculous. There is no way anyone will win this server once Ves takes all the forts. He just totally showed how if you spend enough money - you win.
He cannot hold all fortresses (only in the case that Ubi not only decreased the strength of rifts but fortress' attacks too - but maybe the developer is stupid enough to do that)

Caladreg
03-21-2013, 12:10 PM
I must agree with the others. The decrease in rifts strength is really disappointing. And changing the strength of them with that magnitude is a game breaker considering the server is up since a few weeks. What was the point of the beta?

Steel-Boot
03-21-2013, 07:23 PM
The Dark Elves are suppose to be a dangerous threat to the lands of Ashan. My gremlins could sneeze on the Dark Elves at the moment and they'd all collapse. As it stands this world would hardly be challenging for my 6 year old. This needs fixing right away.

lmao....................I cant believe I can hit them with lvl 7 heroes...sneezing uses a bit more effort than that lol

aesuarez
03-21-2013, 08:08 PM
and yet.. no reply from Devs or GMs.. and no changes in the PvE server. C'mon UBI !!

AndreanDW
03-21-2013, 08:21 PM
they plan an easter surprise: rifts that are a challenge for 9 years old

Thorsson64
03-21-2013, 09:03 PM
Of course the Rifts cannot both be a challenge for those who spend bucketloads of money and still be playable for those who spend little or nothing.

Steel-Boot
03-21-2013, 09:22 PM
yeah but I thought the use of player averaging scores was supposed to get around that...thats how they tested it on the beta. Stronger players got stronger rifts....it seemed to work quite well. That way those that log on infrequently and are there to play sim game can do...others that want and pay for the game can get a bit more of a challenge.

I really shouldn't be able to hit rifts with lvl 7-9 heros with no artifacts on....not much of a challenge there!

MartyAmodeo
03-21-2013, 09:47 PM
In our alliance, we had 3 rifts spring up next to each of the cities of our weakest player (who actually seems idle). He is 4 hours away from our nearest active player. No other rifts showed up for the rest of us. :(

AndreanDW
03-21-2013, 10:06 PM
put'm out of your alliance, and invite him when he is active again ...
if you do not so I'm afraid you don't get rifts during the next time

Steel-Boot
03-21-2013, 10:28 PM
you call these rifts^^

suqerkent
03-22-2013, 12:33 AM
He cannot hold all fortresses (only in the case that Ubi not only decreased the strength of rifts but fortress' attacks too - but maybe the developer is stupid enough to do that)

Actually based on the info we have seen and presented he can. On the beta's since his "alliance domination" is much lower than everyone else the attacks on his forts will be much less to start so it will be possible to do so or at least the overwhelming majority of forts. A one man alliance was holding multiple RF's and losing nothing with only having roughly 5million in them. A full 30 man alliance at the same time same amount of RF's was getting attacked by 28million plus attacks.

If you factor in what has been done without ever seeing anyone complain about the size of the rifts what makes us think that the attacks on the RF's will not be influenced greatly as well.

Guess we will have to wait and see if the devs or gamemasters respond to this to see what is really going on here.

stellarstina
03-22-2013, 01:54 AM
Of course the Rifts cannot both be a challenge for those who spend bucketloads of money and still be playable for those who spend little or nothing.

I only spent seals that I already had from farming or clearing squares and finishing quests. And these rifts are too small for me. Don't think that it is just the issue of seal spending.

The end game and who wins the Fortresses and the ridiculous army that Ves has is seal based. A person who is good at the game could have 200k-400k army right now.

MartyAmodeo
03-22-2013, 05:21 AM
What I don't understand is, what is the point of spending an @$$-ton of time and money to ruin everybody else's good time in a COOPERATIVE world? It's one thing to dominate in PVP, but what is the point in PVE? Yeah... we get it... you have infinite time to vestige dive and are willing to spend hundreds of dollars. Can the rest of us play now? Is it really even an accomplishment, or more of a statement of badly skewed priorities in life? I don't really understand what level of self-satisfaction can be achieved in doing this.

mightycleric
03-22-2013, 05:35 AM
I only spent seals that I already had from farming or clearing squares and finishing quests. And these rifts are too small for me. Don't think that it is just the issue of seal spending.

The end game and who wins the Fortresses and the ridiculous army that Ves has is seal based. A person who is good at the game could have 200k-400k army right now.

This is correct. I've not spent any seals, and they are way too weak.

As for what Marty posted, I agree. It is a world that is supposed to be about everybody working together to accomplish a successful end. If one player takes over the majority of the RFs in his own alliance, all he is doing is depriving the majority of the server of some of the fun they could be having. Well, that, and ensuring that he is the only person to get top legacy, and that everybody else gets less. Cooperative servers are for those who want to cooperate. If you just want to be able to brag that you are better than everybody else because you spent more money, then stick to PvP, where that is the new point of the servers.

filipd81
03-22-2013, 07:13 AM
I registered to the N.A. PVE server. It is funny. No, you don't get it, IT IS FUNNY!

On my server I'm second in domination with DR4 and I have 1.5M. Actually I did not work on domination but on honor, I cleared most of the fields with the max honor modifier and I reached rank 9 (6.5M) yesterday. I also compared my wealth to the wealth of top 10 N.A. players and I would be ranked 5th. Wealth is a good indicator of the player's development regardless of the server that is played, it is based primary on the age of the server. My alliance worked hard and got 15 regional buildings one week after the start, they became 26 at the end of week 2. That's why looking at the scores of the 5 best ranked US players is FUNNY!

I thought that PVE servers were safe from villains who buy victory with real money ruining many players' fun. From what suquerkent said about one man alliance holding many RFs I understand that I'm probably wrong. This was one of the main issues during S3, one alliance holding most of the fortresses. I hoped it would be fixed. Now it seems it is worse then before. WIth the new seal items it is possible to abuse the system and obtain 27M domination in less than a month and then not simply one alliance will hold most of the RFs, but ONE PLAYER. I'm not sure if I have to feel pity for the US guys or feel lucky that there are no such idiots in the world I'm playing.

I apologize that this post is not on the topic but certain things must be said.

Vorbann
03-22-2013, 10:01 AM
Hello,

There was a problem with the initial power of the rifts that were too powerful for the majority of players in the worlds.

We fixed the problem of the army power computation, and installed it on the servers on Tuesday.

We had to manually modify the existing rifts so that they didn't destroy less powerful players. That is the cause of the sudden decrease of the rifts' power on Tuesday.

On this day, the rifts should appear with the correct power. However, we will continue to keep an eye on the situation and we will perform other modifications if need be.

As a reminder, rifts power depends on the army power and town level of the cities in its influence.
The influence is a circle of a radius of 8 regions around the rift.

Vorbann

Wulfgar1978
03-22-2013, 10:33 AM
Hello,

There was a problem with the initial power of the rifts that were too powerful for the majority of players in the worlds.

We fixed the problem of the army power computation, and installed it on the servers on Tuesday.

We had to manually modify the existing rifts so that they didn't destroy less powerful players. That is the cause of the sudden decrease of the rifts' power on Tuesday.

On this day, the rifts should appear with the correct power. However, we will continue to keep an eye on the situation and we will perform other modifications if need be.

As a reminder, rifts power depends on the army power and town level of the cities in its influence.

Vorbann

You CAN'T be serious!!! Is PVE now only going to be for beginner or small players? I am ranked 5th on my server with 2.6mil dom (And no filip I am not a seal abuser. I have done this with very little seals spent) I have had a rift spawn right next to my town with levels containing armies of around 146k. This rift is surrounded by my towns with only one other players town within the 8 squares who is a small player. I have over 600k of gremlins. How is this rift going to pose any sort of challenge to me at all? And how are the rewards going to mean a thing to me? And your telling us that this is by design!!! This is crazy. Being a PVE server there is no way for a bigger player to get rid of a smaller player that has spawned near them and so has to suffer with small rifts. What you are currently looking at is a MASS walkout. Every experienced player will start leaving the PVE servers if this is not fixed. Myself - I am giving this one week from todays date to be fixed or I will be leaving the PVE server in disgust. WHAT WAS THE POINT OF THE BETA? I thought the rifts were fairly good by the end of the beta. My advice was for smaller troop rewards and greater xp rewards, but the strength was fine. The DE's were a bit of a challenge. As it stands now I could already place a big enough army in all my towns to make the dark elves run away and not even force a fight from me. Makes for a very boring server. FIX THIS AND FIX IT NOW!!!

gunnier
03-22-2013, 12:12 PM
Hello,
Vorbann
Really?

This riff appeared 5 minutes ago on russian server (I see no point to write there, because only you can give me some answers):

http://i49.tinypic.com/1zd7pch.jpg

And this is my Domination:

http://i47.tinypic.com/29byg7b.jpg

You've made them even smaller again!

filipd81
03-22-2013, 12:12 PM
(Wulf, probably I didn't express well. You have stats very similar to my own. I'm talking about those guys with domination of 24,940,293; 8,768,095; 4,430,699 and about those others with honor like 222,252,909; 25,558,498; 9,735,460; 8,124,038. Witout many seals there is NOOOO way to have this ranking.)

I'm sorry, Vorbann, but the new rifts do not appear with the correct power at all. Unless you did some changes this morning and we still can't see the results, is this what you mean?

Actually the initial strength was probably a bit overpowered, after all the alliances have to defend the fortresses too. But Wulf said 146k, while I have a rift with 30k(?!). It is really toooooo easy now. Should I guess that you will go on tuning this manually till most of the players are satisfied?

stellarstina
03-22-2013, 01:43 PM
Hello,

Vorbann

Well... I have a crapload to say.

1. What the heck do you do with your day that it took you this long to answer angry fans?

2. I don't see a difference. Sure, a rift that just appeared seems a little bigger, but it is no where near my level.

3!!! So you manually effed up a rift that I used my seals on?!?!?! My precious, little bit of freaking seals. I am trying my hardest to not use expletives, but this is so sad. You changed it when the only ACTIVE players in the area were fine with dealing with it. Seriously. You people need to get your act together.

MarkSweeny
03-22-2013, 02:30 PM
I am not a very good player I try, I learn those around me and the lessons given to me but I find it very disappointing the way you (developers/ designers) seem to listen to certain people/players and not bother to think about the people who like to be challenged since you changed the rifts I feel like is not worth my effort to even bother playing I used to be fun to be play with friends that had to work together to get through the world (that was the point of playing) but not so now if you have to ruin fun for most people why not start another one for people to learn as this PVE now seems to be focused for beginners I may start playing again but not with the current level of play.

I used to like spending time playing the game but really i have began to see this game change and not for the better.

Your "code of conduct" and the way you deal with your tickets is not very good (no answer closed sorry it states looking into it then closed) when playing on server with people basically laughing at everyone else that they are cheating and explaining how they are doing it to rub it in your nose then you donít deal with it you are saying that because they spend more money you will bend the rules for them or is it because they are designers or programmers that those rules donít apply.

Steel-Boot
03-22-2013, 02:36 PM
on DL 4 in our allaince (WoD) a number of us are grouped fairly well together and of those grouped together we have fairly high dom for the server in fact 3 or 4 of us are in the top 5 in dom. What I cant understand is how these rift are still so easy to defeat....come on this is like playing sim city....I would like a challenge and yes I do spend a bit on seals but I wouldn't say it was excessive I'm only on lvl 6 of my first vestige^^

MarkSweeny
03-22-2013, 02:47 PM
I would like the thank the UBISOFT team for responding to the forums, they screwed up the game and it only takes them a few days to explain why they did it i am a worker and not very good at planning but could they not have sent out a quick note to say they they would be making some changes before they did it. Oh that is call planning and letting the customers/users know what is happening is to easy I am certain that if you had waited a few more days/weeks before explaining then you would only have had to explain to the new players what was going on as other people would have left to find something that was fun to play but there would be no upset people to deal with.

Sweetooth

AndreanDW
03-22-2013, 04:57 PM
Hello,

Vorbann
lol, and what is the formula that you use? Take the sum of the army in all this towns, and divide by 17*17, the number of possible towns within this region???
By the way, only towns in a distance of 6 (not 8) are within the radius of threat, and should count for the strength of the rift!

MartyAmodeo
03-22-2013, 08:09 PM
One of the easiest ways to fix this would be to limit the players which the rifts can attack. Rifts can spawn at sizes that are appropriate for any player in the region, as long as they don't attack the players that are vastly weaker. This way the high dominance guys can get their big rifts, and the low dominance neighbors don't get hit by them. Trying to average the size of the rifts based on the players in the area is going to leave everyone unhappy. At least if the rift is appropriate for SOME person in the area, they can be happy. Have a rule that they can only target people who are within, say, 20% of the size of the rift levels in either direction. Problem solved.

AndreanDW
03-22-2013, 08:54 PM
very good idea, and easy to implement!
once per day the skulls for a town increase only if the might of the owner is larger than e.g. twice the army on the level

Steel-Boot
03-22-2013, 09:59 PM
would be a good idea if the agro worked properly...the amount of times I've seen DE go for the lowest agro is amazing^^

AndreanDW
03-22-2013, 10:26 PM
but I've never seen DEs going to a town without skulls
if a rift has no town with skulls it will not attack this day
and if a weak player attacks a rift and gets a skull in this way it is only fair when the rift strikes back ^^

gunnier
03-23-2013, 12:31 AM
For the time being the best idea is bringing back normal strength if the riffs... 1.5 month of beta... now this crap with riffs... what's the problem to bring everything back to normal?!

Paul_Rotterdam
03-23-2013, 01:05 AM
I do not know how i feel about the rifts currently.
i play at UK server and play rank 14 on average, have 1 friend in alliance who is rank 56 average.
I walk flawless over the dayly rift but my alliance mate cannot win profitable from it.
current rift is 20 levels 90 k strong, so walk overs for me.
i suggested to friend to leave our alliance and make his own so he gets more suitable rift and i also. we will see for some more time before we split up or not.

@ stooge2, you are ranked 3 on Domination so its logic that you are a bit bored about the easyness of the rifts.

Some others above with 4 kk army do not play UK server so i can not judge them, but if they started also server 4 short while ago they are prolly also top notch in there server and bored by now.

Mja, just give the devs some more time, i had never the idea that all was worked out 100% after the test, still think its a bit testy as we play early on server 4.

greets
Kemo

AndreanDW
03-23-2013, 01:46 AM
hm, your idea with splitting the alliance should not work; either you both play nearby, than the rifts should be (are) weak if you are in one alliance or in two; or you play in distant places, than he should get weak rifts, and you stronger rifts - being in one alliance or in two ...
'rifts are to weak because you are to strong' should not be an argument; rifts should be as strong as you
rifts were good within the beta - why do they change this?

there are several types of players, and different things they should do:
1. weak (inactive) players within the desert:
you want rifts? make (your own) alliance, and you get weak rifts
or go in an arbitrary alliance, you will get rifts too, but if you cannot close them, these rifts are missed by your alliance members
you don't want rifts? don't go into any alliance, and you don't get rifts
2. weak players near weak players of another alliance (of active players): you will get weak rifts, and close them together
3. weak players near strong (active) players: rifts are to strong for you, but the strong players nearby will save you and close the rifts; no problem
4. strong active players: you should get strong rifts, and you will have fun closing them
All this works with the original strength of the rifts (like early afternoon of Tuesday, or within the beta server)
It doesn't work with the current strength of rifts - all are bored except weak inactive players near strong players - they get rifts they can attack (but the strong players nearby bore to death
it's a mess that people like Vorbann look at such players (inactive players near strong players), don't understand the problem, don't understand the solution, make changes that (nearly) nobody likes! The problem is that people like Vorbann don't play, don't understand the problems, don't hear for the voices of the players, don't understand the experience of the players, don't read the forum ...

astrazeek
03-23-2013, 02:52 AM
Second injured merc today. I need to move my army *away* from the city to have a chance of fight. This is funny.
Please bring the rift sizes back.

Wulfgar1978
03-23-2013, 03:53 AM
Ubi almost needs to split the map into 2 and at the start of playing a world the player needs to select if they are a strong player or a weaker player. Then strong players can be on one side of the world enjoying strong rifts, while weaker players can be on the other side also enjoying challenging rifts.

suqerkent
03-23-2013, 04:47 AM
Ubi almost needs to split the map into 2 and at the start of playing a world the player needs to select if they are a strong player or a weaker player. Then strong players can be on one side of the world enjoying strong rifts, while weaker players can be on the other side also enjoying challenging rifts.

Great idea but who would say that they are weak? It would be like the last person picked in dodge ball.

I am really struggling trying to figure out the formula they are using for this. Can't it just be simplified.

Rift should be 70% the size of army power if only 1 player is factored into the equation.
If only 2 players are in the aggregate make it 75% the average and 5% for each additional player in the aggregate until you get to 100% the average.

It should only also factor in the players in the alliance in which territory it spawned in and they should be the only ones on the aggro. So if you have a weak player right next to you in a different alliance it does not affect your rift just like your domination will not affect their rift.

Like everyone has mentioned this is what the beta was for to determine the best things for the server but it was probably difficult for some to really gauge when everything was at 2x speed in beta for everything but night halt really made some things over complicated.

Wulfgar1978
03-23-2013, 05:18 AM
Great idea but who would say that they are weak? It would be like the last person picked in dodge ball.

I am really struggling trying to figure out the formula they are using for this. Can't it just be simplified.

Rift should be 70% the size of army power if only 1 player is factored into the equation.
If only 2 players are in the aggregate make it 75% the average and 5% for each additional player in the aggregate until you get to 100% the average.

It should only also factor in the players in the alliance in which territory it spawned in and they should be the only ones on the aggro. So if you have a weak player right next to you in a different alliance it does not affect your rift just like your domination will not affect their rift.

Like everyone has mentioned this is what the beta was for to determine the best things for the server but it was probably difficult for some to really gauge when everything was at 2x speed in beta for everything but night halt really made some things over complicated.

If a player says they are strong only to find they cant handle the rifts around them, then it is their own fault. They have nothing to complain about. Maybe have 3 levels - weak, intermediate and strong and divide the map into 3 segments. Weak to the north, intermediate in the middle and strong to the south. A player can then determine their own challenge levels. An intermediate player may choose the weak option as he hates to be challenged or he may choose the strong setting because he loves a challenge and wants to learn more.

That being said your idea is good too Suqerkent. Have the aggro only affecting the alliance owning that AOC. Alliance members can then work together in dealing with that rift.

MartyAmodeo
03-23-2013, 05:27 AM
A player doesn't have to "say" anything. All they have to do is filter players out of the aggro that are too weak by domination value. Really easy. A nice enhancement would be allowing a player to specify a "difficulty level" (which they could even change on-the-fly) where they could even get rift armies bigger than their own by a certain factor, but that's probably asking too much.

gunnier
03-23-2013, 10:53 AM
Hello,
Vorbann
I still see no changes. Where are "other modifications"? If it's the final decision to leave everything as it goes... Bring back seals to everyone, who had "luck" to register in such "superchallenging" servers... And close PvE... 200k riff near the player with 5.5kk Dom. - are you kidding me?!

AndreanDW
03-23-2013, 11:38 AM
meanwhile I saw a real rift nearby: 450K per level (I have about 1000K army)

Steel-Boot
03-23-2013, 12:27 PM
I do not know how i feel about the rifts currently.
i play at UK server and play rank 14 on average, have 1 friend in alliance who is rank 56 average.
I walk flawless over the dayly rift but my alliance mate cannot win profitable from it.
current rift is 20 levels 90 k strong, so walk overs for me.
i suggested to friend to leave our alliance and make his own so he gets more suitable rift and i also. we will see for some more time before we split up or not.

@ stooge2, you are ranked 3 on Domination so its logic that you are a bit bored about the easyness of the rifts.

Some others above with 4 kk army do not play UK server so i can not judge them, but if they started also server 4 short while ago they are prolly also top notch in there server and bored by now.

Mja, just give the devs some more time, i had never the idea that all was worked out 100% after the test, still think its a bit testy as we play early on server 4.

greets
Kemo

Kemo

Does that mean then every time a new player start in the world late next to me the rifts should get weaker? It isn't the fault of some people who started early to have to wait all the time. I know this is co-op server but it is co-op to a point it therefore suggest that you shouldn't send out invites to people to settle near you if:

A. It is late or later in the game;
B You know they are not going to be as active as you;
C. You know something is going to happen with them (like go on holiday for 2 weeks)

If that is the case we will never finish the server in a sensible time frame.

However dont get me wrong there should be balanced rifts lower rifts for weaker players yes...but my point was I am next to players who all have relatively high dom but our rifts are just too weak. Some of the weaker players in our alliance are getting weaker rifts as expected....this method is just not working right though.

Also if the game isn't ready then they shouldn't be expecting to be paid......to put out something that is going to be fixed as they go^^. I cant imagine anyone wanting a car or kettle that will get fixed as you use it.

Stooge

MarkSweeny
03-23-2013, 03:33 PM
isn't it funny that they say the read the forums and listen to the players yet things never seem to change to improve the game to draw in more players and keep the experienced players happy it seems that it is being geared towards the people that spend money and the very casual player the experienced players the ones that have spent alot of time seem to be getting very disappointed in the direction that the games have been developed in, I hear repeatly that the experienced players in our different alliances are leaving the game because of the "New things" being added to the game and yet more is added that detract from what the game used to be. It is good that have tried to level the playing field if you have money but can they not create works for the competive and the casual player and those casual worlds would have no legacy as this seems to be the driving force behind why people want to win

Thorsson64
03-23-2013, 06:03 PM
Well I'm just Seal Farming on PvE; without spending any seals they are a reasonable challenge. Problem solved. :p

Paul_Rotterdam
03-23-2013, 06:07 PM
@ AndreanDW, thanks on advice, yah we both live close so wont make much difference. Today my alliance friend could win from rifts so i let him do and grow more towards me.

@ Stooge, yah i started alone and not invited in a group to be sure for having good rifts. (as expecting problems with 20 players close together fighting over who is doing what on say 7 rifts or so)

Yah, perhaps The devs have set a cap max on current rifts for say 1 month.

Thats scaring away the top players from the game as i have already seen and gotten goodbyes and farewells ingame from subscribed (but bored to death) players.
That cannot be in the intrest of Ubi, so i think cap.max should be changed upwards if its there.

Somebody reported a rift of 450 k that would be lovely news to all of us, current highest is a single 1x rift with 195 k in WoD land.

Lets see and keep faith...

greets
Kemo

Steel-Boot
03-23-2013, 10:00 PM
kemo

That rift isn't there anymore lol LW got bored.....cant say I blame him.....I'm quite close to hitting the delete key^^

AndreanDW
03-23-2013, 11:04 PM
I closed my 450K rift, and instantly got a new one of 450K; but a player in my alliance with more might than me got a rift with 250-300K (both are 5-level-rifts) - only his own towns belong to this rift therefore this rift should be larger than mine; something remains broken, but not such a fiasco like the days before

Paul_Rotterdam
03-23-2013, 11:26 PM
OK a certain randomness is logic in the game so sometimes a 450 k and sometimes a 250 k is kind a random i think.
also that a 1 level rift should be randomly stronger than a 5 levels rift.
And in general a 10 levels rift should be weaker then a 5 levels and the weakest of all should be the 20 levels rift.
all having a certain randomness.
Prolly this will be a long thread as we will watch closely and remark game on this main issue.

stooge: dont hit the key, just hang on.

MarkSweeny
03-24-2013, 01:09 PM

Vorbann

It seems some people haven't read this part of the statement hope this helps

AndreanDW
03-24-2013, 02:27 PM
did they change something within this formula? I never read about a change within the forum!
Originally the strength of rifts depended on the MEAN MIGHT of the OWNERS of the towns!
If I have a rift near 2 of my towns the strength of the rift should be the same whether I have my army in these towns or not if the original formula is valid. If the explanation of Vorbann is right I get weak rifts near my towns with few army within, and big rifts near towns were I have most of my army; and if Vorbann was right, the question appears which time the strength of the army is evaluated: one time per day within the night, or exactly when the rift appears or what? What happens when the army is on the way from one town to another when the rift appears? Within the original formula such questions don't arise!

gunnier
03-24-2013, 03:34 PM

Vorbann

It seems some people haven't read this part of the statement hope this helps

I had yesterday new riff right near my town with 2.3kk army... That was 5-floor riff with 170k DE per floor. That's because nothing was fixed. The rest of my towns are much closer, that within 8 squares radius - and they have army also... So there is only one explanation - the strength is still reduced by 5-6 times... No one did nothing to that...

AndreanDW
03-24-2013, 04:19 PM
the rifts seem to be weaker the more towns are nearby
the rift with only one of my towns nearby has 450K per level, this with 2 towns nearby has only 250K; maybe they accidentally divide (one time to much) by the number of towns
Edit: maybe someone want to find the formula (and the programming bugs):
Meanwhile I got 3 rifts, all 5 levels, all only near my own towns, and I have all in all about 1000K army;
1st: only one town nearby, large army within (about 600K), town level 6: -> 450K
2nd: 2 towns nearby, small army (300K), town level 16 and 18: -> 250K
3rd: 2 towns nearby, large army (600K), town level 6 and 16: -> 300K
if they count one level as 10K army, we have
mean 320K -> 250K
mean 420K -> 300K
mean 660K -> 450K
But this means that the rifts get weaker the more towns of you are around because usually you have your army within only one town, and the other towns are nearly empty; and it means the rifts get weaker if the distances between the towns are small

Edit: Now it is clear under which conditions you get a normal rift, and not a weak one:
1st you are strong, and have a town in a large distance of your other towns (and towns of other player) AND you have nearly your whole army within this town, AND you are lucky and the rift appears near this town
2nd you are strong, and have a town in large distance of your other towns (and towns of other player) AND you have nearly your whole army within the town, AND you PAY for a rift near this town
3rd you are inactive, and possess only one town - in this case you have of course your whole army within your town
In this cases you get a rift with about 60% of your army per level

Steel-Boot
03-24-2013, 08:20 PM
all I can say now is

I'm Bored stiff

not only are the rifts weak they are non-existent...we are never going to get to rank 7^^

mightycleric
03-25-2013, 04:40 AM
In my alliance there is a member who isn't very active (and might have gone inactive after they spawned), and yet he ended up getting all of the rifts in his area. He controls a learning stone, so I'm not wanting to boot him from the alliance, but we've been travelling a little further to seal those rifts (1 is done, there are 2 more). Not only are they extremely small, but now that they seem to count him as inactive, they are giving even worse rewards than they were. Here is an example of two levels.

http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/1926/terriblerewards.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/839/terriblerewards.png/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

I can kind of understand 0 troops if it rounds low enough, but 0 xp? Why have levels if they don't have rewards. If you are going to make the rewards disappear if the player goes inactive, then you should make the rifts disappear, too.

Paul_Rotterdam
03-25-2013, 02:16 PM
Oeps, thats the old failure that occured in the Test phase.

Near the end of the test phase the devs were changing the rift rewards and stuff like that.

And then the 0-0-0 rewards near inactives came.

Yah, nothing solved nothing changed i see, thats not too good.

You stil have to get rid of these rifts to make new (and better) rifts occur.

Please check if this continues, because devs had installed that inactives get no new rifts next to them after 2 days of inactiveness if i remember correct.

Steel-Boot
03-26-2013, 06:36 PM
Well nothing has changed, its boring as heck and when the rifts do come they are no challenge at all.

That means at this rate the PvE servers will last about a decade (well a long time) before they finish. If there are no changes within 2 weeks I'm going to seriously consider quitting pve. Its not just because its boring I'm also thinking about subscription costs alone to complete a very long server will be expensive...and I am questioning the value of that for a boring game.

AndreanDW
03-26-2013, 07:56 PM
they don't do anything because of the Easter hollidays: one week before Easter, one week during Easter, one week after Easter
that was the case every year since the start of HoMMK

filipd81
03-28-2013, 01:16 AM
Yesterday a rift appeared in the middle of my territory. I have 8 towns and 2M domination and the rift has an average of 130k per level, 5 levels. My friend who is not a sub has only 3 towns and 1.6M domination. A rift appeared amongst his towns and its average strength is 250k per level.

I think that the current formula is broken by design. There could never be a right value for a rift if its strength is based only on the domination of the nearby towns. 2M domination spread on 8 towns is much less than 1.6M spread on 3 towns. Clearly I should be stronger having more army and more towns than my friend but my rift is weaker so while he is making strategies to survive I have to send my apprentice heroes to exercise with T1. To determine the strength it is necessary to consider the domination of the town possessors. Obviously if there should be some weak player close to a strong one the rift must have some levels based on the domination of the strong player and some based on the domination of the weak player. Because If an average value is used for all levels when it comes to closing the rift only the stronger player will be able to attack its levels. And the aggro can not help much because it only determines the probability that a a town is attacked (actually for what I see it works pretty fine).

Summarizing the changes to be done (imo) are:
1. to determine the strength consider the players' domination, not the domination of the towns
2. do not use an average, make mixed levels OR base the strength of the rift on the domination of the closer player.

AndreanDW
03-28-2013, 02:56 AM
the 250K-rift is no challenge for your 3-towns friend too; if he had 1.6M domination and only one town, and therefore got a 750K rift, maybe this rift would be worth to attack ...
your first proposal was the original algorithm for the rifts - do you have an idea why they changed this? I have an idea: if you have a town distant of others, and if you put your whole army into this town you can BUY the rift that you need near this town; a 20-level rift costs 5$ and gives you fights for half a week; of course you can wait one or two weeks for a good 5-level-rift that is closed within one day, or within one hour if you give your colleagues the possibility to make a level...
I'm afraid meanwhile it is not intended to give the players a game that is interesting and worth to play - it is intended that they pay for each little thing they need ...

filipd81
03-28-2013, 07:48 AM
I would prefer to pay twice the subscription price instead of buying any single thing like a mindless idiot. No way to spend seals for rifts. And honestly on the east servers no one did it till now.

This seal strategy ruined the game. I think that there are 2-3 times less players than 1 year ago. The hommk managers must be really stupid if they don't realize this. If the player base continues to decrease I will lose interest too. It will be like an avalanche, for every player who leaves there will be another 1 or 2 to follow him.

gunnier
03-28-2013, 08:41 AM
And still no words from devs... It takes much longer than it was expected for them to understand that they are completely ruining the PvE...

Steel-Boot
03-28-2013, 12:47 PM
And still no words from devs... It takes much longer than it was expected for them to understand that they are completely ruining the PvE...

Sorry I have to partially disagree with you there.....

they are totally ruining HOMMK......they are also stubborn and shortsighted if they cant see this. The game devs dont appear to show the slightest interest in the players or what the players think at all..... I also think perhaps some of them cant read or write as they are not answering anything! (if I get banned for this comment so be it)

AndreanDW
03-29-2013, 11:52 PM
The official Ubisoft Forums are temporarily unavailable due to a scheduled system maintenance.
We should be back online shortly. Thanks for your patience!

This happens on several threads since today morning...

e.g. here: http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/453-General-Discussion

gunnier
03-30-2013, 10:35 AM
No one cares about our complains or proposals... It's useless. Russian players begin to leave PvE servers...

gunnier
04-02-2013, 08:14 AM
Still no changes... Is that the final "pre-alpha version" of PvE?! Dear devs, you did everything in the worst possible way... You don't even pay attention to what we are writing here... That's new Ubisoft policy towards players?

Sotona_6
04-02-2013, 10:43 AM
New???

gunnier
04-02-2013, 11:24 AM
Yeah, my mistake...

AndreanDW
04-02-2013, 10:52 PM
The official Ubisoft Forums are temporarily unavailable due to a scheduled system maintenance.
We should be back online shortly. Thanks for your patience!

This happens on several threads since today morning...

e.g. here: http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/453-General-Discussion
By the way - this is the working link :
http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/453
Edit: Seemed to be something within the cache originated from the maintenance some days before

Darkangel2154
04-12-2013, 10:04 PM
The CEO of UBI has made it clear that all mid range games will be cut! HOMMK is a mid game. Only AAA and app"Phone" games will be supported and made.

Anyways DEVS PLEASE STEP IN!!
I had no hero defending my town and this rift thought it was smart to go ahead and attack me!! If the rifts are going to stay this weak at least have them scout the city's their going to attack first to keep them from being completely pathetic.

http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums/q694/darkangel2154/RIft_Attack_zps9a248d3a.jpg

gunnier
04-13-2013, 07:49 AM
Check this out...

http://i.imgur.com/Ogq84qq.jpg

And now let's see gow strong it is...

http://i.imgur.com/kOkyGjw.jpg

Yeah!! That's the real challenge!! Thanks for the brilliant PvE...

Steel-Boot
04-15-2013, 08:53 PM
wow thats a big rift...compared to most of our........in fact we haven't had any come up for days.....I didn't subscribe to play sim city!!

Thorsson64
04-15-2013, 09:48 PM
Yeah. Rifts? What are they?

filipd81
04-18-2013, 10:24 PM
Here is what one of my teammates wrote me few days ago to apply for ally membership:

Hi,
I'm not a subscriber and do not plan to use seals. But I play this game for quite some time, so I know what to do. I have perfect location with 2 gold mines in every town.
I'm looking for alliance that has many treasuries that will really boost my improved level 10 gold mines. I know I have low domination, but for now I do not need stronger army. Rifts near by are weaker than the monsters in my 4th town. I'm active every day so I can clear rift in same day.
Regards.

This is what a normal non-sub player thinks about the rifts - "weaker than the monsters in my 4th town". Vorbann or whoever, I think it is time to do smth.

MartyAmodeo
04-18-2013, 11:09 PM
We found a fun one yesterday. I guess somebody's idle town decomposed into a rift and the only nearby players were also idle. A 5-level rift popped up, whose levels had 1 shadow dragon each and nothing else. The hero that spawned in the Heroes tab had ZERO troops on him! All army slots empty on the hero! I would love to move a city close to that so that it could attack me with 0 troops and crash the server. :D

AndreanDW
04-19-2013, 08:22 AM
if you put a town into the neighborhood the rift hero will get troops and attack you the next day; I already did such things on a PvE server in season 3

Paul_Rotterdam
04-20-2013, 12:40 AM
Current maximum 5 levels rift on UK server De Dragon Legacy 4 near my town is 522.000, so its slowly increasing that riftsize.