PDA

View Full Version : Is the strategic world even going to start?

ninnaruto1
03-19-2013, 03:15 AM
So, just looking at how there are only about 38 people that have signed up for the strategic world in the last week, it seems like this world is never going to have a chance to start. I also think 1000 seals to join said world is kind of a rip off. Is this world going to get any help in order to start? I would really like to play on a strategic world.

EvyV
03-19-2013, 05:59 AM
I think they said that 150 players are needed before they will start.. somehow I don't see this happening, with only 38 people signed up and I've seen no changes to that number in the last couple of days.

1000 seals would be OK, I suppose, IF we didn't have to spend many more seals to effectively compete against those who will be able to respec/reclass heros early and often, transmute mines, and (I think) equip heros with legendary careers (let me know if I'm mistaken on that). In my opinion, the use of seals has largely nullified the strategic aspects that were part of the game in seasons 1 and 2, when you were not able to get a disturbed wizard for a 1st hero if you were playing Haven, not able to convert your mines (including those of your 1st city) to double gold and other preferred resources, and if you chose to respec a hero, it cost 2 of your 40 points to do so. Any additional advantages to your hero or kingdom could be gained only through legacy points.

As things stand at the moment, I will not spend seals to play in a world that would only require the use of more seals to stay competitive. I have said before that I would pay more to play in a seal-free world and I would even pay the equivalent of 1000 seals ($10 or so?) but I really expect the world to be SEAL-FREE from that point on!

tw112233
03-19-2013, 07:26 AM
I feel the same way. They destroyed the whole concept of the strategic world. This is NOT a strategic world -- it is only a limited seals abuse system. The other mistake that was made was releasing it so close to the first season 4 PvE and PvP servers.

Look at the total mess the PvP server is in. Asha's protection just came off today for the players who started the server the first day. Seven of them have over 10M honor and twelve of them are Rank 9 or better. Why don't the just sell the title, "THE WINNER" or better yet -- have them bid on it.

I would pay 1000 seals to play on a seal free world. This is not that world. NO SEALS! I've been playing this game since season 1, I am now regretting my choice to resubscribe for season 4. I thought we would eventually get a seal free server. Now I've made a commitment to my alliance and I am stuck with the game for a few more months. The only chance of keeping me beyond my commitment is to make a true SEAL FREE server.

Personally, because legacy is also such a mess, I think they need to let everyone start even (on the strategic server) by removing legacy, too. Season 1 and 2 players have a huge advantage over players who started later. I don't want that advantage.

Wulfgar1978
03-19-2013, 10:35 AM
...equip heros with legendary careers (let me know if I'm mistaken on that).You are mistaken on that Evy. No legendary skills or heroes are available in strategic worlds. The biggest advantages are transmute and respec. Not even enchanted beams can be used on these worlds meaning you need oodles of wood and ore if you are going to vestige dive. Personally I think 1000 seals is a bargain. I was expecting more. Players keep saying that it is $10 which is partly true. Yet I have heard so many players brag how they have saved up so many seals from rewards on the worlds they have played. Honestly it is not hard to EARN 1k seals from rewards. As far as competing with players that will transmute and respec at will, I believe that will be easy. Yes those things are an advantage, but I don't feel they are a game breaking advantage like the legendary crap we have had to deal with. I really wish players would give the strategic world a try. That is as close as we are going to get to S1 and S2 worlds which I didn't have the pleasure to play on. As far as players complaining about legacy points, I also have no problems there. I only started in S3 and have only just been able to use legacy now on the S4 worlds which I am barely playing as I was awaiting the strategic world, and I have brought down my fair share of players who had legacy against me. You have seen that first hand Evy on gremlins server which was the very first server I played from its beginning. Legacy is not a huge advantage. Knowing how to use it to your best advantage is a big help. Remember this is an alliance game. If you are in a well coordinated alliance, it won't matter if a few players transmute every mine and respec their heroes often, they can be brought down. This wasnt the case with legendary crap and vestiges with beams as troops were too easily replaced and hard to kill.Wulf

Thorsson64
03-19-2013, 11:28 AM
I think the Vestige (ab)use is the biggest single issue. Essentially if you are prepared to spend the money on those beams you are out of sight to everyone else. Couple that with Legendary Heroes and even the best cannot compete with anyone that has a clue what they're doing. Take away those two things and there is no way to spend huge amounts of money to win. At least from what I can see.

tw112233
03-19-2013, 05:29 PM
I disagree about the ability to have 4 or 5 double gold wood/ore cities out of the gate. When the other advantages are nullified this becomes a big advantage at the cost of 1500 to 2000 more seals, you can have the perfect setup. Create enough Double Gold Wood/Ore cities and they will be diving in the vestiges in no time. This is just a slower way to buy beams. Then add to that a whole alliance doing that the advantage multiplies.

EvyV
03-20-2013, 06:16 AM
Thank you, Wulf, I knew I could count on you to set me straight ;) I am glad to hear there are no legendary skills available in the strategic worlds but I agree with Thorsson about the vestiges and TW with regard to easy access to wood/ore and gold by means of seals. I also think that reclassing heros is a significant issue. If some factions (Haven, Sylvan) have "limited access" to magic, meaning that you hardly ever see a disturbed wizard or protector in your tavern, that is an important consideration - but now it doesn't really matter, if you have the seals you can have any type of hero you like.

I do agree that a skilled player can often overcome many of the advantages gained by seals and legacy points, but I would prefer to have a level playing field. And I would also be willing to forego legacy points on the strategic servers, in the interest of fairness. I am sad to see it come to this... I had been looking forward to playing another season, and especially on a strategic server, but not the way it's set up now. Best wishes to all of you. Evy

DXTed
03-24-2013, 04:13 AM
Since some of you missed this posted on the homepage, in the forums, and from in game messages

Strategic Worlds
http://forums-mightandmagicheroeskingdoms.ubi.com/us/read.php?41,333981

VESTIGE ITEMS do not work on the WoT worlds or Season 4 worlds. You can only build one every 2 days.

The only items allowed on Strategic Worlds are:

- Vestige Destruction
- Unchaining
- Change specialization
- Reassignment
- Magic Wheel
- Conversion
- Town Destruction
- Transmutation

For non-subscribers
- Extra Hero
- Extra Town

This is as close to Season 1 & 2 that players will get.

dre.maa
03-24-2013, 06:37 AM
Since some of you missed this posted on the homepage, in the forums, and from in game messages

Strategic Worlds

VESTIGE ITEMS do not work on the WoT worlds or Season 4 worlds. You can only build one every 2 days.

- Vestige Destruction
- Unchaining
- Change specialization
- Reassignment
- Magic Wheel
- Conversion
- Town Destruction
- Transmutation

For non-subscribers
- Extra Hero
- Extra Town

Did you mean to say strategic worlds? I thought they would work on the normal Season 4 servers? Thorsson64 seems to be talking about normal worlds, since he included legendary heroes.

DXTed
03-25-2013, 08:24 PM
Did you mean to say strategic worlds? I thought they would work on the normal Season 4 servers? Thorsson64 seems to be talking about normal worlds, since he included legendary heroes.

Extra Vestige items don't work on WoT or Season 4 worlds. They had been left in the game for the original Season 3 worlds that still used them.

Since this thread is about Strategic Worlds, I wanted to clear this up since people keep talking about Legendary Careers, Legendary Heroes, Vestiges, etc. I don't want players confused and thinking that the Strategic Worlds allow those items. They don't.

VZEBUN
03-26-2013, 12:42 PM
the strategic worlds aren't filled (one strategic world for several countries is necessary.

Thorsson64
03-26-2013, 11:04 PM
Extra Vestige items don't work on WoT or Season 4 worlds. They had been left in the game for the original Season 3 worlds that still used them.

Since this thread is about Strategic Worlds, I wanted to clear this up since people keep talking about Legendary Careers, Legendary Heroes, Vestiges, etc. I don't want players confused and thinking that the Strategic Worlds allow those items. They don't.
I want to get rid of Vestiges entirely. Or at the very least make the troop rewards more on a par with other rewards.

MartyAmodeo
03-27-2013, 01:00 AM
I want to get rid of Vestiges entirely. Or at the very least make the troop rewards more on a par with other rewards.

FWIW, I agree. Vestige diving for "secret" troops that don't need to march into a city in any way that your enemies can detect takes away from the strategy of the game.

Wulfgar1978
03-27-2013, 05:45 AM
I also agree. Vestiges ruin the game. It'd be a lot more fun if EVERYONE had to recruit troops the old fashioned way. But vestiges are a cash cow for ubi so I doubt we'll ever see this happen :(

jordface
03-28-2013, 11:35 PM
Further agreement, not that my opinions haven't been stated repeatedly about 90% of the changes that have been brought in since season 2. Vestiges, Artefact Merchant, legendaries, transmutations and respecs are just killing the whole point of this game. Yet we cannot even be free of all these things in a "strategic world". I despair.

I can't remember whether I've said this before or not but: Ubisoft, the reason your poll suggested players wanted these Seal things to remain in the strategic worlds is because you've destroyed most of your original player base -- the people left are either nutcases like myself or enjoy the pay-to-win because they don't have what it takes to play without them. Gah, I say! Bring back season 2!

(and even this nutcase had given up and wasn't around when this poll I hear quoted was run)

Thorsson64
04-13-2013, 11:33 AM
Well it doesn't look like it's ever going to start, especially as the game will be abandoned soon, so I might just as well get my 1000 seals back. I urge others to do likewise before Ubi make some strange decision and you find those seals gone forever on a world you'd rather not play on.

EvyV
04-13-2013, 08:56 PM
The game will be abandoned soon? I read that somewhere else but is that official from Ubi?

aixkalur
04-14-2013, 09:57 AM

Strategic Worlds

- Vestige Destruction
- Unchaining
- Change specialization
- Reassignment
- Magic Wheel
- Conversion
- Town Destruction
- Transmutation

For non-subscribers
- Extra Hero
- Extra Town

When i played on test world there was allso allowed to buy artifacts. And actually if you want strategy those:
- Unchaining
- Change specialization
- Reassignment
- Magic Wheel
- Conversion
- Town Destruction
- Transmutation
..... should allso be removed, as artifact buy/sell.

Otherwise seal users can still have huge advantage, and as for me collecting 1000 seals takes a long time if i allso want to be in concurence on worlds i play. As quite often being part of alliance allso means need to move cities or transmute mines on causual PvP worlds. So other option is that i have to register on about 6 worlds play them about a month to collect 1000 seals and only use them for seal collecting. This is pointless, as i have to wast month to be able to play on Strategy world. And then probably wast time to wait when there is enough players collected seals needed for strategy world.

EvyV
04-14-2013, 08:00 PM
...the game will be abandoned soon

Does this mean the game will be discontinued? or meaning that players will abandon the game? (which is already happening, as we all know)

I read on a different thread that Ubi will discontinue 'mid-range' games, among those being HOMMK.

Thorsson64
04-14-2013, 08:56 PM
The game will be abandoned soon? I read that somewhere else but is that official from Ubi?
They're hardly going to announce that they're abandoning this game until they absolutely have to, are they?

BTOG46
04-14-2013, 09:12 PM
Whether Ubi abandons Heroes Kingdoms or not, I suspect most of the fans of the Heroes of M&M games will migrate to M&M Heroes Online once that starts. ;)

EvyV
04-14-2013, 10:11 PM
"The clues are out there.....S.N.A.F.U."

Yes, indeed.

EvyV
04-14-2013, 10:21 PM
Well, this is where I got the idea:
The CEO of UBI has made it clear that all mid range games will be cut! HOMMK is a mid game. Only AAA and app"Phone" games will be supported and made.

Wulfgar1978
04-17-2013, 07:33 AM
I don't think this is official from Ubi. In fact I think they are so detached from their player base that they believe there is nothing wrong with the game. Players are leaving in droves. I'm one of them. I have 2 weeks to go on a Russian server I'm playing and then I'm leaving the game for good. I'll be maintaining a presence on the oceanic pvp just to keep in touch with a few players there, but as our alliance has no competition on that server it can hardly be called playing the game.

Also whether players from this game will migrate to M&M Heroes online or not remains to be seen. Ubi has turned a lot of players away from the heroes games lately with the dismal release of Heroes 6 and now this disaster of a game with its latest 'improvements'.

Whether Ubi has plans to discontinue this game or not, I feel it is totally out of their hands. This game needs a number of players playing it or it is not a game at all.

DXTed
04-21-2013, 04:41 AM
Does this mean the game will be discontinued? or meaning that players will abandon the game? (which is already happening, as we all know)

I read on a different thread that Ubi will discontinue 'mid-range' games, among those being HOMMK.

"Mid Range" RETAIL games.

Download titles are subject to what is "AAA" or "Mid Range."
Trials Evolution (trials series), M&M Clash of Heroes, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, Alive, and Shoot Many Robots did very well in terms of digital sales. You will see more games like this. Low overhead to make, but they end up making it back and then some.

Free 2 Play is not lumped into "mid range."

MartyAmodeo
04-21-2013, 08:00 AM
Is HOMM itself considered AAA? I'm concerned that being turn-based would marginalize it when compared to titles like Assassin's Creed and other titles that Ubi throws its full weight behind.

Sir.Yankee
04-21-2013, 05:24 PM
I also agree. Vestiges ruin the game. It'd be a lot more fun if EVERYONE had to recruit troops the old fashioned way. But vestiges are a cash cow for ubi so I doubt we'll ever see this happen :(

With the removal beams from the strategic worlds they are no longer a cash cow but just part of the game. Now a player is forced to either do things the old fashioned way or sacrifice development of towns and regions being players will have to reinforce using their resources. This isn't a viable long term strategy as troops from the vestige are hit and miss. Even if one transmutates all mines to go the vestige route they could realistically run thru 5 or 6 vestiges before hitting for big troops.

Darkangel2154
04-22-2013, 02:38 AM
"Mid Range" RETAIL games.

Download titles are subject to what is "AAA" or "Mid Range."
Trials Evolution (trials series), M&M Clash of Heroes, Scott Pilgrim vs The World, Alive, and Shoot Many Robots did very well in terms of digital sales. You will see more games like this. Low overhead to make, but they end up making it back and then some.

Free 2 Play is not lumped into "mid range."

From what I took from the announcements and some online research was,
AAA games are $60 or more and are commonly for PS3/PS4 Xbox360/Xbox720 PC
Assassins creed
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Games that take a lot to make and expect a lot in return. (stunningly realistic graphics)

mid-games,(cheap to make)(Do not last longer then a year in support)
Anything on the WII U<< It will die soon >> lol
Any game that can be downloaded and bought for less then $60, also mid micro-transaction free to play.
PSP, DS, any specific gaming device.

low
Free to play with low micro-transactions, Phone/tablet apps. The kind of games anyone can make.

If I have the wrong look on these things please give me a credible site to look at, since there is hardly nothing on the web for this info GameSpot has some but not much.

Thanks
Vash

ramborusina
05-30-2013, 04:28 PM
I was thinking of joining the European strategic world, but was wondering does it have legacy allowed? I thought the idea was to have even playing ground so me buying a ticket pretty much depends on this matter. I don't mind if there is legacy as long as everybody has the same amount or everybody has none. The difference of transmutation and re-spec I can take(though I hate that too), but I'm sick and tired of the huge gap between veterans of first two seasons(which that gave away ridiculous amount of legacy points compared to s3 [and probably for s4 also]). And those who say the price is too high(yes I think so too), wulfgar is right about 1k seals being quite easy to get since you can get that amount from a single world if can play well and don't spend seals.

filipd81
06-04-2013, 04:32 PM
Many veterans have gone away and will not play the strategic worlds. Most of the players will be those who started with S3 like me. Considered that 210 LP is really low you don't have to worry that much. The most important factor will be once more the time we spend. If you login only a couple of times each day for just few minutes you will be certainly weaker than many players who can check their kingdoms every hour or so.

Thorsson64
06-08-2013, 08:41 AM
28 tickets to go; looks like Europe might start soon.

As I wasn't around when these were announced and there seem to have been changes since, are we clear on exactly what seals can buy and what they can't. The only thing I know for sure is no legendaries.

PurpleEntity
06-16-2013, 02:05 PM
where did all strat servers go and my 1K seals :(:mad:

SultanSushi
06-22-2013, 04:51 PM
Hey there guys, I am pretty new to MMHK.
The concept of the game itself really appeals to me.
However, I tried to play on one of the game servers yesterday (United Kingdom server) and noticed I spawned right next to a gigantic alliance. This kind of crushed my motivation as it show you're waaaay behind the rest of the players & will never catch up. So I tried a second server (a Dutch one this time), but had the exact same experience.

So what I actually wanted to ask is whether there will be new servers up soon? (everybody starting over from zero)
I read something about strategic servers opening up soon, so I put my hopes on these ones.
Will these strategic servers also have pay2win like the others?
I am willing to pay a small amount for a fresh/seal free server.

Cheers

Thorsson64
06-22-2013, 05:13 PM
No idea when the next Strategic server will be unless you are happy to play on the French one.

Otherwise just delete and re-start on a server; but relatively new is Zombie Assembly East (about 1 week old). Most people speak English there. I expect other Zombies will pop up in the next while. Keep an eye out.

RandyR87
07-19-2013, 04:27 AM
?