PDA

View Full Version : FPS problem in far cry 3

yanyiel77
03-17-2013, 08:17 PM
Hello guys! So i have been having FPS problems with far cry 3.First let me tell you my system:
i5 2500k 3.7GHz
8 gig ram
GTX 560 ti SLI 900MHz( Both cards)
I play with everything maxed out except i turn both off motion blur and AA.With those settings i always got 45+ fps, and i have no problems with that.Right after i finished the game(Main story quests) and continued playing i started having less than 20 fps; the lag is crazy and the game has become unplayable.I'm not sure at all what is causing this problem so for that reason i haven't played far cry 3 for like 2 weeks trying to fix this.Feedback would be very appreciated.Thank you

tek84516
03-17-2013, 09:47 PM
Any new software installed or drivers updated? I found I had an issue with FPS due to Steam's overlay. Maybe SLI was disabled somehow?

yanyiel77
03-17-2013, 10:35 PM
I know that i got a new anti-virus which is "Total Defense Security Center" but i am not sure if i bought that after i started having the fps problem or before, so it could be a possibility.If it was SLI it would not get that low performance because when i started playing far cry i realized that i was using only one of my cards so i was getting 30-40 fps and i fixed that using NvidiaInspector and i got the performance i told you.Also know that i was getting 20 fps even in the menu,which is very odd.Sorry i forgot to tell you that.In terms of my drivers they are all up to date.Lastly let me tell you something that perhaps you didn't get.When i finished the game i didn't like closed the game and played the other day i just saw the ending,load my save again and kept playing,THAT"S were it started getting low fps.Just to clear it out.Thanks for the reply,really appreciate it.

tek84516
03-18-2013, 01:52 AM
I found an odd issue, when retrying a failed mission, my FPS drops as well until I restart...don't know if that's related to your issue or not.

As for the "Total Defense Security Center" I would just stick to something with a light footprint like Microsoft Security Essentials. Try disabling your AV to see if that has any effect. Other than that, just make sure everything else running in the background is shut off and go from there. There should be no reason for an FPS drop like that.

tek84516
03-18-2013, 02:02 AM
Just saw this:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=371927

Apparently after reloading, or retrying a trial, there is an issue with FPS drops. I'm going to mess around with some settings and see what I come up with.