PDA

View Full Version : Make a better game!

dovahenry
03-17-2013, 07:17 PM
i saw the trailer for black flag and it just seems like it could be a dlc for ac3, why cant they think of an idea for a good game, and anyway desmonds dead... as i was saying, being a pirate seems like a ****ty idea, why not make a game based on the chinese branch of assasins in the 13th century, it makes perfect sense! what do you think would make a better game?

Jexx21
03-17-2013, 09:05 PM
i think we should go back to etzio. that would be freaking awesum

ajl992008
03-17-2013, 09:07 PM
ok heres where i think you are wrong with your post:

1) you have seen NO gameplay so how would you know anything about how it plays
2) we have only seen a small reveal of the game, there are definitely loads of features we don't know about that are to be revealed later
3) what they have shown has been very interesting and some things just amazing (interesting - having 1 world with no loading screens, amazing - going back to the open ended assassinations)
4) they prob didn't go with the china setting because of your reasoning, IT MAKES TOO MUCH SENSE, sometimes they should just surprise us, but i would like a china set ac in the future.

my advice..... just wait and see instead of jumping to conclusions as it does make you look like an idiot, my advice....take it or leave it.

stingray10
03-17-2013, 09:09 PM
Agreed, it looks like AC3 all over again. The franchise needs a shake-up.

BATISTABUS
03-17-2013, 09:12 PM
i saw the trailer for black flag and it just seems like it could be a dlc for ac3

anyway desmonds dead...

as i was saying, being a pirate seems like a ****ty idea,

why not make a game based on the chinese branch of assasins in the 13th century, it makes perfect sense!
A new main character, time period, COMPLETELY different map, and at least two completely new types of gameplay make it seem like a DLC?

...and?

MANY people have been waiting for a good open world pirate game. The idea isn't stupid. How it will fit into the AC world has yet to be seen, but the vision of the team seems promising.

How does that make any more sense than this setting? What would make you think the next game would be there? The closest thing to that is Shao Jun, who was alive during the Renaissance.

nitres15
03-17-2013, 09:14 PM
all i got from that post was "bla blah bla dey didnīt do wat i want, bla possible daddy issues blah". If youīre going to post something, make sure its somewhat constructive.

Gi1t
03-18-2013, 12:06 AM
i think we should go back to etzio. that would be freaking awesum

Thou hast incurred the wrath of AssassinM for sure. :D

Anyway, I think it's worth noting that while the franchise IS in need of a shakeup, this particular game was apparently made by another team that was already working on it while AC3 was being made, so while it's a shame it couldn't be different, at least this isn't their next 'big' game so to speak. If this was what they had decided on in the wake of AC3, then yeah, I'd be very disappointed in them. But since it's another team, it's not as bad. It's not very interesting to me right now though. -__-

Farlander1991
03-18-2013, 12:08 AM
why cant they think of an idea for a good game

This statement. There's so much wrong with it, that I have to force myself to not go into a petty 'you go think of an idea and implement it yourself' ramble.

rileypoole1234
03-18-2013, 12:11 AM
Agreed, it looks like AC3 all over again. The franchise needs a shake-up.

Did you forget how big of a shake up AC3 was from all the other AC's? ACB and ACR are literally AC2 but in different locations, AC3 is completely different.

Assassin_M
03-18-2013, 12:12 AM
This statement. There's so much wrong with it, that I have to force myself to not go into a petty 'you go think of an idea and implement it yourself' ramble.
you know ? I sometimes feel like that`s what I want to tell most people here...

guess since we`re both in the game design business...glad i`m not the only one feeling that way

Araujo_Capslock
03-18-2013, 12:39 AM
quite honestly, my first impression WAS that since the thing that got most acclaimed in AC3 was the naval combat, having a Pirate themed game was like, the only logical step.

Desmond's story is over, so this IS a new beginning of sorts... I hope it feels more like Broterhood though, that game was nearly perfect for me. Everything after it felt "meh". And Pirate time does connect with the current timeline of AC.

...which means we still have the Wild West and then Mafia themes to go through.

I would very much like to see Aveline's story moving to the console though. Seeing a female assassin (so very rare as proeminent characters in the series) would be a very much welcomed change of pace.

Assassin_M
03-18-2013, 12:45 AM
\I hope it feels more like Broterhood though,
god i hope you`re wrong

silvermercy
03-18-2013, 12:46 AM
Never been too keen on the pirate idea myself but that doesn't mean this game won't appeal to many other people who actually like pirates. Just like many hardcore AC fans didn't like AC3's American setting; but that doesn't mean it didn't appeal to people who bought it just for that (patriotic Americans for example lol).
I think companies always try to expand and target different groups. We, AC fans, are not always the target group quite obviously. If they listened to the core AC fans we'd only have Ezio travelling to China for future games. lol

Eternal Reward
03-18-2013, 12:59 AM
My God, WE HAVEN'T EVEN HEARD EDWARD SPEAK FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!

Just, I dunno, wait til we get some freaking gameplay before you assume things?!

God, people on here annoy me sometimes.

Megas_Doux
03-18-2013, 01:00 AM
I hope it feels more like Brohterhood though, that game was nearly perfect for me. Everything after it felt "meh". And Pirate time does connect with the current timeline of AC.

I am rooting for the exact opposite, ACB is my least favorite in the series. I find Rome, despite its grandeur landmarks, to be a very dull, bland and monotous city, a lackluster version of AC2ī cities.

Then we have its linear, predictable and cartoonish story full of; linear, predictable and cartoonish antagonists. There were no susprises or plot twists to be found, the worst templar crew and story in the series. Cesare Borgia could have been a great templar, he was a very talented general that excelled in both combat and strategy, instead it was reduced this time to an spoiled little brat yealing "GUAAAARDS" all the time. A "new" version Vieri and Francesco de Pazzi, only even more annoying.....

Ok! I know that combat is easy, but with in ACB Ubisoft crossed the line. I mean, I have tried to literally die and ended up failing to, because the stupid guards either hit thin air with their halberds, or when I am to the point of desynch, they just stop attacking......
Last, but not least, we have the that stupid sequence of the passion play... Ezio already had infiltrated to the Castelo, why does he need a a key?

Having made that rant, for AC BF I hope that its mission design is not as restricted it has been for the last 3 games, they said the old AC1 formula will return, if that happens with a little more variety included, I will be happy....

PD ACB even had the infamous cliche and utterly cringeworthy "Vittoria agli Assassini, Insieme per la vittoria!" warcry.....:nonchalance:

ajl992008
03-18-2013, 01:47 AM
My God, WE HAVEN'T EVEN HEARD EDWARD SPEAK FOR CHRIST'S SAKE!

Just, I dunno, wait til we get some freaking gameplay before you assume things?!

God, people on here annoy me sometimes.

this...... 100 TIMES THIS, the amount of idiotic comments I have been seeing lately really give me a headache.

Jexx21
03-18-2013, 02:43 AM
I actually find it easier to die in ACB when I'm also attacking.

pirate1802
03-18-2013, 03:22 AM
"bla blah bla dey didnīt do wat i want, bla possible daddy issues blah".

OP in a nutshell.

Black_Widow9
03-18-2013, 09:12 AM
i saw the trailer for black flag and it just seems like it could be a dlc for ac3, why cant they think of an idea for a good game, and anyway desmonds dead... as i was saying, being a pirate seems like a ****ty idea, why not make a game based on the chinese branch of assasins in the 13th century, it makes perfect sense! what do you think would make a better game?
Hello and welcome to the Forums
If you have constructive feedback about AC3 please post it here-
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/720979-Assassin-s-Creed-3-Single-Player-Gameplay-Feedback-DO-NOT-POST-SPOILERS

If you'd like to discuss any ideas for future Assassin's Creed games please post it here-
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/758424

Thanks