PDA

View Full Version : Terrible Terrible Demo

bacon2k4
03-26-2004, 05:14 PM
I really wanted to play this MP demo. See how ubi soft did it. How they made this multiplayer. I had heard great things but when I played it, I was stunned. Not good stunned. I was terrified. It was SO bad. The game is probably good. The demo is terrible.

I mean, don't UBI SOFT even TEST these games? Who was there to test this anyway?

First the demo crashed. One day later a patch comes. Now when you get on a server (its hard since its only 4 players, i think 6 would have been better) there are few glitches but mainly it's smooth. It's all in the menus.

The host not avaliable or whatever message it gives you. It's annoying. Almost every server I go on has it. People say its punkbuster not allowing me on because its not active. But the button to activate punkbuster is blocked with a big cross. So I CANT check it. WHy have punkbuster in a demo for Splinter Cell???? Every game I've ever played with that bull**** exuse for an antichating system has screwed up on me. (america's army is the best example). It's just a bad program. A bad demo.

Sorry ubi. The game might be good. But thanks to your Multiplayer demo and the single player demo that felt alot like the first game. You lost yourself a sale. I was totally underwhelmed.

(Just sharing my thoughts, don't get your panties all up in a bunch)

bacon2k4
03-26-2004, 05:14 PM
I really wanted to play this MP demo. See how ubi soft did it. How they made this multiplayer. I had heard great things but when I played it, I was stunned. Not good stunned. I was terrified. It was SO bad. The game is probably good. The demo is terrible.

I mean, don't UBI SOFT even TEST these games? Who was there to test this anyway?

First the demo crashed. One day later a patch comes. Now when you get on a server (its hard since its only 4 players, i think 6 would have been better) there are few glitches but mainly it's smooth. It's all in the menus.

The host not avaliable or whatever message it gives you. It's annoying. Almost every server I go on has it. People say its punkbuster not allowing me on because its not active. But the button to activate punkbuster is blocked with a big cross. So I CANT check it. WHy have punkbuster in a demo for Splinter Cell???? Every game I've ever played with that bull**** exuse for an antichating system has screwed up on me. (america's army is the best example). It's just a bad program. A bad demo.

Sorry ubi. The game might be good. But thanks to your Multiplayer demo and the single player demo that felt alot like the first game. You lost yourself a sale. I was totally underwhelmed.

(Just sharing my thoughts, don't get your panties all up in a bunch)

SHARPSHARK
03-26-2004, 10:37 PM
How the hell these reviewers were able to test this game ? Every review I read are about 9 / 10 points and none of them speak about bugs. Something stinks really bad. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/52.gif

noin1
03-27-2004, 08:33 AM
i think the demo is nothing more then sh**.

i tryed it on my computer. the screen was only white.

i tryed it on my other computer. it was good enough for the menu to view. but the game itself... desktop.. HOW COULD THEY DO IT??!!

why ubisoft always think we'll have the newest devices? why they think we'll buy one?

one word: DUMB

dadinirtotit
04-09-2004, 04:25 PM
lol discontented users have taken over this forum. UBI soft is no longer in control.

Dreakon1313
04-09-2004, 04:32 PM
I know, the demo must suck since no one can seem to run anything! Oh wait...I CAN! All I can say to you whiners is, haha. I can play the demo and the full version and it's awesome! Hahahaha, this makes me better then you right?

Sorry, but it just seemed so right. How about posting a polite thread requesting help instead of *****ing?

http://members.aol.com/radiation101687/images/sig2.jpg

Subcidal
04-10-2004, 01:38 AM
most of your computer (including this demo) errors occur between the chair and the moniter.. besides you guys probley have spyware infested dells (in other words hell on earth)

rob444_
04-10-2004, 07:25 AM
You say you heard good things about the game, when you played it you were terrified. As I see it, you think the game has good gameplay but what was terrifying was the "bugs" and these bugs >>>>>WILL BE FIXED<<<<<.

So I cant see why you wouldnt buy the game as the game is good but with bugs which will be fixed soon.

http://home.insightbb.com/~jbullock/signature_ice_.png
Over and Out.

/Rob