PDA

View Full Version : Is it possibel to download new ages and play them offline?

PeterLageri
01-07-2004, 03:03 AM
Hello!

Is it possibel to download new ages and play them offline?

I don't care much for on-line gaming. It studders too much and I'm using a cabel modem 1024/512 Kb/s.

I tried URU Online for a few moments yesterday but gave up after a while. It is not yet fluently enough online.

Kind Regards
Peter Lageri
Denmark

PeterLageri
01-07-2004, 03:03 AM
Hello!

Is it possibel to download new ages and play them offline?

I don't care much for on-line gaming. It studders too much and I'm using a cabel modem 1024/512 Kb/s.

I tried URU Online for a few moments yesterday but gave up after a while. It is not yet fluently enough online.

Kind Regards
Peter Lageri
Denmark

Marck.
01-07-2004, 03:42 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PeterLageri:
Is it possibel to download new ages and play them offline?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
No.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I don't care much for on-line gaming. It studders too much and I'm using a cabel modem 1024/512 Kb/s.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I am playing at 64 kbit/s and depending on the time of day, I am able to play fluently when not entering any crowded Ae'gura places or overpopulated neigborhoods.

Remember that Uru Live is currently in Prologue state, that is it's actually a public beta test. Maybe you want to have another try after that test is complete and after the Grand Opening took place.

Marck (KI# 02058198 @ Atrus)

hammett.au
01-07-2004, 03:52 AM
it would be nice to have an offline ability so dont have to be online to enjoy the new ages and the progressive storyline.

however i can see how this might be used for illegal warez.

RoumenSp
01-07-2004, 05:49 AM
Uru Prime is an excellent game but the Prologue sucks! Ae'gura is full almost all the time and the lag in it is terrible (I'm at 1Mb/s DSL, P4 3.2GHz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9800 Pro).

A won't pay anything for such "good" experience. If Cyan doesn't intend to offer ages for offline playing or expansion packs, it's simple - one customer less.

Devokan80
01-07-2004, 07:35 AM
All I have to say is, be patient, they are working on it.

tabor_soros
02-05-2004, 08:22 AM
Well, it looks like you got your wish.
http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/mockface.gif