PDA

View Full Version : Hero Analysis - Sandalphon

Aza404
03-15-2013, 02:40 PM
Dear Champions,

This week we want to focus your attention on this really cool looking here: Sandalphon...

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/fr/games/mmdoc/SandalphonEN.png

Is he as cool to use as to look at? Tell us what you think of this hero with the 3 main positive and the 3 main negative aspects of this hero card!

Thanks,
The DoC Team

hydramarine
03-15-2013, 02:57 PM
A hero that is purely played due to his ability. :) At least his spell schools are not as competitive as Kieran who also has an imba ability.

MamuzShah
03-15-2013, 03:51 PM
His ability should force the haven creatures to be weaker than the other faction. It was the case before Wolf captain... But his ability his good for all kind of deck as the OTK deck with him can confirm.

When i see him in detail, i guess there's something like the "Sun ring" or the "Basalt Monolith" (cf. MTG) in Sandalphon ! ^^
Fortunatly, in MMDOC, ressources are limited by the level of Might, Magic and Fortune. But, even with this restriction, it's a really good ability. Designers of the game have to take care with all next cards printed in Haven because of him.

In my opinion, he's like chains and balls in term of design.

MoritzBradtke
03-25-2013, 03:58 PM
positive: 1. only haven hero with acces to water
2. ability is nice for rush builds if u can/want to play one
3. cool artwork

negative: 1. only haven hero with no acces to light
2. ability is not very strong, it's nice to have under normal circumstances
3. air maybe not the stongest shool?

Le.Rancord
03-25-2013, 06:27 PM
Ok Gandalf:
positive:
- With many powerful 2 cost creatures that haven has, his abillity might stay intresting
- Wind and Air could shut down ground and air
- has the potential for future combo decks, since discarding a card and gathering ressources is a combo enabler

negative:
- Water is weakest spell school
- Air is only effective at stalling
- one of the 2 lords with an abillity that doesnt affect the board (Other being the Lord of the Kennels)