PDA

View Full Version : Averaging 15 FPS first time in Boston with lowest settings, 720p

Free_Hidings
03-15-2013, 08:38 AM
Intel Core i5 3750k
Radeon HD7870 2GB OC Edition
ASRock Z77 Extreme4
8GB DDR3 1600 RAM
1TB HDD

Lowest settings, 720p... Seriously, this is insane. I have all the latest drivers and everything... The game is barely playable on lowest settings, yet I see videos on youtube of people playing with my GPU / CPU and getting 30fps at max settings. Are there ANY tweaks I can do? Or do I just have to overclock the **** out of my hardware...

Oh my Catalyst Control Center won't work either so I can't even adjust basic GPU settings.

spectatorx
03-15-2013, 09:28 AM
Probably CCC is not working because you did not install updates for windows. Go to control panel/windows update and install all available updates. Also you should update driver to 13.2 beta 7, you can download it from here:
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst132betadriver.aspx

To overclock gpu you can use msi afterburner or ati tray tools.

And about 15fps in Boston.... didn't you read forums? This is basic problem of game which remain unfixed since release date. Begging, threating these idiots from ubisoft makes no change, they didn't fix it yet and probably will never do.
Low performance is hardware/software independent. There is many documented cases with low-end hardware getting 60fps and even more mid-end, high-end, top-end computer configurations getting, as you, 15 fps in Boston. We bought broke product, that's ugly truth and that's why i will not any more ubisoft games, they can kiss my... you know.

Free_Hidings
03-15-2013, 09:38 AM
Probably CCC is not working because you did not install updates for windows. Go to control panel/windows update and install all available updates. Also you should update driver to 13.2 beta 7, you can download it from here:
http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/AMDCatalyst132betadriver.aspx

To overclock gpu you can use msi afterburner or ati tray tools.

And about 15fps in Boston.... didn't you read forums? This is basic problem of game which remain unfixed since release date. Begging, threating these idiots from ubisoft makes no change, they didn't fix it yet and probably will never do.
Low performance is hardware/software independent. There is many documented cases with low-end hardware getting 60fps and even more mid-end, high-end, top-end computer configurations getting, as you, 15 fps in Boston. We bought broke product, that's ugly truth and that's why i will not any more ubisoft games, they can kiss my... you know.

Thank you for your reply, I am updating windows now. I know this is an ongoing issue but I have seen videos on youtube of people with my hardware getting over 30fps easily with high settings...

Yeah maybe you're right.. Well I'll see if I can figure it out, but definately losing faith in Ubisoft now. A shame, since AC is my favourite franchise.

EDIT: All windows updates 13.2 Beta Drivers installed, Catalyst is still a dysfunctional piece of ****

spectatorx
03-15-2013, 10:57 AM
So to configure gpu settings and also for overclocking use ati tray tools, that's good replacement for ccc.

If you will have problem with missing atipdllx library on starting ati tray tools go to blog in my signature, there is posted fix to it.

Free_Hidings
03-15-2013, 12:07 PM
So to configure gpu settings and also for overclocking use ati tray tools, that's good replacement for ccc.

If you will have problem with missing atipdllx library on starting ati tray tools go to blog in my signature, there is posted fix to it.

Would prefer to get the CCC working but this apparently isn't an option, trying to contact the people I bought it off to see if there is anything they can do.

In the meantime, thank you for the alternative. I tried MSI Afterburner but there's no gpu settings (only overclocking) and the overclocking wouldn't work anyway (think I had to edit files or something)

spectatorx
03-15-2013, 12:33 PM
I told you, for overclocking AND SETTINGS use ati tray tools, this one can do both.

Free_Hidings
03-15-2013, 01:12 PM
Yes I got that, I just figure that the most effective one would be the one specifically made for the card. Maybe there are certain settings enabled that take up a whole lot of CPU, and I can't disable them without that application working. I dunno, Ati Tray tools sounds good though!

It's actually playing a little better now. Maybe my hardware had to wear in a little? It's playable at 720pmedium settings and strangely fraps doesn't seem to take any more than 1 or 2 fps, sometimes none.

So maybe an overclock will get me to where I want to be (Maxed out at 30fps)

Free_Hidings
03-15-2013, 01:53 PM
Yeeep, another application that won't work. Just my ****ing luck.

spectatorx
03-15-2013, 01:58 PM
What is not working? And what do you mean by not working? Any warning/error message?

Free_Hidings
03-15-2013, 02:38 PM
ATI Tools :( Ahh sorry I thought I made a post on it. I got a series of messages as to why it wasn't working. There was the library one you mentioned, which I fixed by following the blog in your sig (thanks) then there was something about being unable to detect my display adapter and then something about no catalyst driver even though I have downloaded 13.1 (Latest driver)

spectatorx
03-15-2013, 02:50 PM
Download att from this link and install:
http://radeon.ru/downloads/att/attsetup.exe

If there will be messages still appearing please list them here, i will try to help.

Your gpu is from which vendor? Gigabyte, msi, asus, etc...?

Free_Hidings
03-15-2013, 11:45 PM
Download att from this link and install:
http://radeon.ru/downloads/att/attsetup.exe

If there will be messages still appearing please list them here, i will try to help.

Your gpu is from which vendor? Gigabyte, msi, asus, etc...?

The GPU is from Gigabyte, specifically it is Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 2GB OC edition

Thanks, I will try that at a later stage as I am now taking the computer to the place I bought it from. Hopefully they can figure out what's going on

Free_Hidings
03-16-2013, 03:53 AM
Turns out I was using integrated graphics rather than my GPU lol. Game runs absolutely amazing now, Maxed settings with some additional tweaks from CCC and it never drops under 30fps. Incredible, I would say the optimization is great, I'm just an idiot