PDA

View Full Version : 'Watch Dogs' will be costing gamers $70, says analyst

SoulAsylumFan
03-13-2013, 02:30 PM
Found from the following article:

http://www.examiner.com/article/watch-dogs-will-be-costing-gamers-70-says-analyst

"Watch Dogs" has been in the works at Ubisoft for years now, but one industry analyst believes this title and the rest of the next-generation content debuting this holiday season will be costing people $70 each.

According to a report from VG24/7 yesterday, Wedbush Securities analyst Michael Pachter said he believes Xbox 720 and PlayStation 4 games will be costing gamers around $70 per unit.

This is interesting because Sony has stated that games will not cost more than $60, which obviously contradicts Pachter's comments.
To support this, Jack Tretton, President and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment of America, talked about how people will pay if they see value in what they are purchasing.

"I think people are willing to pay if they see value there and I think there’s more choice than ever before for consumers.

"We’re going to welcome free-to-play models; games from 99 cents up to those $60 games.

"But if you really see where the heat is for the true gamer on the console it’s still that big-form experience that typically runs upwards of $50 million to develop and will justify that $60 price point and will give people hours and hours of gameplay on a daily basis for months and years to come," Tretton said.

It'll be interesting to see if gamers think $70 is too expensive for a PS4 or Xbox 720 game.

Bastiaen
03-13-2013, 09:22 PM
I hope this doesn't happen. $60 is hard enough. I wish they'd go back to $40. Games would probably sell a lot better if they did. With the video game industry getting hurt so much lately, I don't think they can afford to make the games so expensive. Also, I hope sony learns from their past mistakes and starts their new console life with an affordable price.

VaasCARV3R
03-14-2013, 11:07 AM
"According to a report from VG24/7 yesterday, Wedbush Securities analyst Michael Pachter said he believes Xbox 720 and PlayStation 4 games will be costing gamers around $70 per unit. ."

Who care what this guy believes, when he gives so many fake information that he can't believe himself what is talking?

Get lost, Michael Pachter!

Find another job that is more suitable for you, because you can't work this one as analyst!

GIONAScm2
03-14-2013, 08:00 PM
Anyone that is a GTAV fan knows that Michael Patcher has earned himself numerous awards for being the biggest buLshyter to ever open his mouth. The only predictions he gets correct are the extremely vague ones that were bound to happen anyways. Take the wisdom of me, who's heard over 10 buLshyt predictions by this guy about 1 game.

Who do you trust more -- Sony, or this douchbag? Sony has explicitly said the games won't go past $60. With tax, however, all brand new games come to a total of $67.79. So Patcher probaly knows this, and is using it to his advantage. When he is wrong about the prices, he'll say "$67.79 is close enough to $70 if you round it". These kinds of predictions is the only reason he keeps his job. Maybe I should become an analyst and predict that InfiniteWard will release a CoD this year.

On an unrelated note, what happened to WatchDogsFanSite.com????

ReydeViscerous
03-14-2013, 09:22 PM
Wedbush Securities analyst Michael Pachter

Credibility lost, sorry Pach.

Bastiaen
03-15-2013, 06:04 PM
Anyone that is a GTAV fan knows that Michael Patcher has earned himself numerous awards for being the biggest buLshyter to ever open his mouth. The only predictions he gets correct are the extremely vague ones that were bound to happen anyways. Take the wisdom of me, who's heard over 10 buLshyt predictions by this guy about 1 game.

Who do you trust more -- Sony, or this douchbag? Sony has explicitly said the games won't go past $60. With tax, however, all brand new games come to a total of $67.79. So Patcher probaly knows this, and is using it to his advantage. When he is wrong about the prices, he'll say "$67.79 is close enough to $70 if you round it". These kinds of predictions is the only reason he keeps his job. Maybe I should become an analyst and predict that InfiniteWard will release a CoD this year.

On an unrelated note, what happened to WatchDogsFanSite.com????

In Utah they only come to 63. something...