PDA

View Full Version : Future AC Titles

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

AlexEzio89
04-05-2012, 08:57 AM
Since AC IV: Black Flag has been announced and the setting is out there please use this Thread for any discussion/ideas regarding future AC locations.

You can find the last Topic here-
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/662609

Thanks ;)

Ubisoft: WW2, Japan and Egypt would make dismal Assassin's Creed locations

"People on the internet suggest the most boring settings."World War 2, feudal Japan and ancient Egypt would make dismal Assassin's Creed backdrops, so says series creative director Alex Hutchinson.Speaking in an interview with OXM, Hutchinson revealed that the aforemetioned are the most frequently requested locations, but "they're kind of the three worst settings for an AC game.""People on the internet suggest the most boring settings," he added.Unhelpfully, Hutchinson didn't qualify his condemnation, but did suggest he was open to the idea of setting a future franchise entry in India."[Assassin's Creed 3 writer Corey May] really wants to do India. I would too. I'd really love to do the Raj," he said.SOURCE :EUROGAMER.NEThttp://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-04-ubisoft-ww2-japan-and-egypt-would-make-dismal-assassins-creed-locationsWHAT IS YOUR OPINION?

LightRey
04-05-2012, 10:26 AM
I think this says it all:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X_Ot0k4XJc

DylanJosh9
04-05-2012, 11:18 AM
India ftw

KillGhast
04-05-2012, 11:56 AM
I think they are right, Egypt sounds more like Prince of persia like, Japan = ninja games or kungfu games. And WW2 is COD.
Those environments wouldn't be good for an assassin. walking in egypt between a few pyramids, imagine that...

pirate1802
04-05-2012, 12:08 PM
India ftw

+1 lol. But I would like a game in Egypt. :|

tarrero
04-05-2012, 03:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIrhVo1WA78

Aw yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I have always thought either Mughal empire or Raj would be AWESOME settings, on the other hand, I am ho happy to hear that feudal japan is basically ruled out :D :D:D

PD I dont see what is so "bad" about Egypt though

albertwesker22
04-05-2012, 03:37 PM
I get Japan and WWII, but Egypt? I had my heart set on an AC there :(

LightRey
04-05-2012, 04:14 PM
I get Japan and WWII, but Egypt? I had my heart set on an AC there :(
Well it is a rather overused setting. Especially if you include movies and books. Of course one could consider a more recent Egyptian setting than ancient Egypt, which is not nearly as overdone.

shobhit7777777
04-05-2012, 05:47 PM
India would be an excellent location.....hopefully we might see the next game set there.

Tetsou88
04-05-2012, 05:50 PM
I think they are right, Egypt sounds more like Prince of persia like, Japan = ninja games or kungfu games. And WW2 is COD.
Those environments wouldn't be good for an assassin. walking in egypt between a few pyramids, imagine that...

People are so ignorant. Kung Fu is Chinese, on top of that, Assassin's are the same exact thing as Ninjas.

kriegerdesgottes
04-05-2012, 05:57 PM
on top of that, Assassin's are the same exact thing as Ninjas.

No they aren't.

LightRey
04-05-2012, 06:02 PM
People are so ignorant. Kung Fu is Chinese, on top of that, Assassin's are the same exact thing as Ninjas.
In the English language kungfu is also used as a general term for all Asian martial arts, caused by the habit of using it as a synonym for Wushu, which is a term referring to most (popular) Chinese martial arts. The term has gradually started referring to all Asian martial arts because of this.

Assassins are not at all like ninja. Ninja were spies, not assassins. They are more similar to the thieves faction in ACII, ACB and ACR than to the Assassins.

DavisP92
04-05-2012, 06:04 PM

actually they aren't, ninja's are known to attack at night or in the shadows. while the Hassassins attacked in daylight in front of crowds (why all AC1 assassinations were in the day).

Ancient Egypt would be a great place for AC to go. noone really does it and it would be amazing to see, also they could do something with sand. Like blending with it (hiding in sand) or sand boarding.

and to me, POP doesn't sound like Egypt to me that's just you for now, and Japan wouldn't be bad if they had the ninjas, samurai and assassins all fighting each other or something.

side note, i thought it was pretty funny that you were saying how people are so ignorant for saying kung fu is from japan and stuff (or relating it to japan). yet you called the hassassins (assassins) the same as ninjas. ironic

Tetsou88
04-05-2012, 06:12 PM
actually they aren't, ninja's are known to attack at night or in the shadows. while the Hassassins attacked in daylight in front of crowds (why all AC1 assassinations were in the day).

Ancient Egypt would be a great place for AC to go. noone really does it and it would be amazing to see, also they could do something with sand. Like blending with it (hiding in sand) or sand boarding.

and to me, POP doesn't sound like Egypt to me that's just you for now, and Japan wouldn't be bad if they had the ninjas, samurai and assassins all fighting each other or something.

side note, i thought it was pretty funny that you were saying how people are so ignorant for saying kung fu is from japan and stuff (or relating it to japan). yet you called the hassassins (assassins) the same as ninjas. ironic

Assassins are not at all like ninja. Ninja were spies, not assassins. They are more similar to the thieves faction in ACII, ACB and ACR than to the Assassins.

No they aren't.

"The functions of the ninja included espionage (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Espionage), sabotage (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabotage), infiltration (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infiltration_tactics), and assassination (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination), and open combat in certain situations"

"Throughout history the shinobi have been seen as assassins (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination), scouts and spies."

Tell me that is honestly any different than how Ezio plays in AC:II.

In the English language kungfu is also used as a general term for all Asian martial arts, caused by the habit of using it as a synonym for Wushu, which is a term referring to most (popular) Chinese martial arts. The term has gradually started referring to all Asian martial arts because of this. This just proves how ignorant everyone is on the matter.

If you look at actual Japanese Martial Arts from the Sengoku and Edo period, none of them are remotely anything like Kung Fu, or Wushu. The closest is Judo, and it's more about throwing people. All of the other Japanese Martial Arts just apply to how to use your sword and spears. Again, tell me how Judo is any different than how Ezio plays.

brick177
04-05-2012, 06:13 PM
The Sōhei were more of the feudal Japanese equivalent of the Assassins. But to be honest, the Assassins as we know them have no real equivalent in society.

I think Feudal Japan could work, despite it's overuse.
I think Ancient Egypt would definitely work. People don't realize the environment was less dry 4 thousand years ago, and much of their massive cities have been eroded and burried under sand. Only the massive temples still stick out, which makes it look much more desolate than it actually was.
I really want ancient Rome, but, again, overused.
A purely imaginative reconstruction of Easter Island civilization (might too much like an ancient version of Far Cry though)
Spainish invasion of the Maya Civilization is perfect.
Ancient -Middle Age India is another great location. Colonial India might be too much British Colonialism after AC3, but could be done.

DavisP92
04-05-2012, 06:23 PM
"The functions of the ninja included espionage (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Espionage), sabotage (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sabotage), infiltration (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infiltration_tactics), and assassination (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination), and open combat in certain situations"

"Throughout history the shinobi have been seen as assassins (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assassination), scouts and spies."

like i said, AC1 took the real definition of Hassassins. Ezio wasn't really an assassin till the end of the game and he definitely wasn't a Hassassin. I see it as Altiar and all the other assassins in AC1 were Hassassins and AC2 and beyond aren't. mainly because people need to adapt, the way i see it is if there ever was an assassin's creed game in japan (hope so) then the assassins/hassassins won't be ninjas. another idea aren't ninjas working for who ever they have loyalty to meaning they would even kill the innocent or those that don't deserve to be killed while assassin (AC concept) don't.

side note: i think what Alex Hutchinson said about Japan and Egypt being the worst places for AC, is the dumbest thing he has said (that i've heard). Why would Ubisoft release a list of locations that include those two places and then come around and say "ohh, these locations the fans brought up are dumb"

souNdwAve89
04-05-2012, 06:49 PM
Well, even though he said that, I still wish for future games in those settings.

Since we're on the topic of ninjas. They could make the game similar to how AC1 operated. We can have the Assassins, Samurais, and Ninjas as separate factions. It is like how we got the Assassins, Saracens, and the Crusaders in AC1.

LightRey
04-05-2012, 06:51 PM

This just proves how ignorant everyone is on the matter.

If you look at actual Japanese Martial Arts from the Sengoku and Edo period, none of them are remotely anything like Kung Fu, or Wushu. The closest is Judo, and it's more about throwing people. All of the other Japanese Martial Arts just apply to how to use your sword and spears. Again, tell me how Judo is any different than how Ezio plays.
It's funny how you put those things between quotes but fail to mention any kind of valid source. Ninjas were rarely used as assassins. They only killed when it was necessary and their primary goal was often to infiltrate and steal information. They were much more like special ops undercover teams than anything else and their fighting style and general strategy is focused entirely on avoiding any kind of conflict, especially murder, since often these people were commoners and anything even close to murder, especially of political figures or samurai, was punishable by death.

rain89c
04-05-2012, 06:55 PM
Rofl, Japan is up there as top 3 like i said, hehe
but anyways
People are so stubborn...
Ninjas are basically Assassins, their functionality and activities were very similar. Im sure you know this LightRey and Kregergdotte, you guys are just trying hard not to admit it.

I agree with the people who have said about Hutchinson being dumb.
This creative director is absurd, honestly right when he said the order is "european" during one of the interviews, i already knew this guy is gonna be biased, discounting for past AC games where the order was not even intended to be european.

I can understand WW2 = boring but
Japan/Egypt = boring? Pfft Get out of here Hutchinson....

LightRey
04-05-2012, 07:02 PM
but anyways
Ninjas are basically Assassins, their functionality and activities were very similar. Im sure you know this LightRey and Kregergdotte, you guys are just trying hard not to admit it.

This creative director is absurd, honestly right when he said the order is "european" during one of the interviews, i already knew this guy is gonna be biased, discounting for past AC games where the order was not even intended to be european.

You just can't stand that your favorite setting is unoriginal and boring.

Ayush_S92
04-05-2012, 07:02 PM
but anyways

Wow...so much hate.

Did you even bother reading the review? It was Corey May who said he would like it to be in India, Alex just agreed and showed interest.

souNdwAve89
04-05-2012, 07:05 PM
Well, Aled Hutchinson said that he loves feudal Japan (Game Informer video interview), but there is a sense of familiarity because there are a lot of games based around that time period. As for WW2, I think it was Corey May or Hutchinson that said that a WW2 game can work and they had ideas for it. I think they said something along the lines that if they were to base a game in WW2, it doesn't have to be in the heart of the war like D-Day, Battle at the Bulge, etc. They can do what The Saboteur did, which was having a WW2 game based in German occupied France.

tarrero
04-05-2012, 07:06 PM

This!!!!

Rain, To me the mechanics of the game really suit, but ALL THE NINJA STUFF has been, literally, done HUNDREDS OF TIMES, is it almost as uberused as WWII, therefore I prefer other places and ages, India would be awesome!!!

freddie_1897
04-05-2012, 07:07 PM
but anyways

they obviously looked at egypt and japan and decided that they could do better, why is it that you think you know more about whether its good for a video game than the people who actually make video games, and in the poll for which location you'd like, japan was not that popular.

no need to be an arsehole for no reason

kriegerdesgottes
but anyways

This time even the developers are telling you that your favorite setting is boring and over done. It's cool that you like feudal Japan. I think Japan is awesome too but it's still a boring overdone setting for an AC game.

rain89c
Thanks for stating the obvious.
Yeah, of course I'd be disappointed with my favorite setting being ruled out, what did you expect? Me crying tears of joy?

freddie_1897
04-05-2012, 07:09 PM
Yeah, of course I'd be disappointed with my favorite setting being ruled out, what did you expect? Me crying tears of joy?
that doesn't give you an excuse to be an arsehole towards the developers

rain89c
04-05-2012, 07:11 PM
they obviously looked at egypt and japan and decided that they could do better, why is it that you think you know more about whether its good for a video game than the people who actually make video games, and in the poll for which location you'd like, japan was not that popular.

no need to be an arsehole for no reason
like i said way before, that poll would not be a accurate representation.
that poll showed japan to be at the bottom, but look now, they revealed what the actual top 3 settings most requested, a survey they used that would not be biased, and guess what? Japan is at the top3, like i predicted.
So telling me Japan wasnt up there is r3tarded man.

LightRey
04-05-2012, 07:13 PM
Thanks for stating the obvious.
My work here is done!
*flies off to help others in need of obvious statements*

Btw, just because a setting is the most suggested setting, doesn't mean it's the most wanted one.

tarrero
04-05-2012, 07:14 PM
Japan is popular, just as FFS are popular, my point is that AC franchise always seems to look for "new" places and eras, and feudal japan just does not suit within that....... GET OVER IT!!!!

rain89c
04-05-2012, 07:15 PM
My work here is done!

Yeah have fun on forums here man.
Im already 5 mins late for class cause of this disappointing news...

freddie_1897
04-05-2012, 07:39 PM
Yeah have fun on forums here man.
Im already 5 mins late for class cause of this disappointing news...
not everyones ever going to be happy about any news concerning future AC games, i would be disappointed if a game was in WW1, as you are annoyed about your favourite locations being thrown away, but there are still lots of other really good ones

Josegtx13
04-05-2012, 07:47 PM
I'm glad they ruled out WW2 it's been done too many times.

n00bfi_97
04-05-2012, 07:52 PM
Mhm, yeah they are dismal locations for AC. Glad to see Ubi is going in the right direction once more :)

pdw1992
04-05-2012, 07:57 PM
Obviously, Japan has been used A LOT in other games as settings. But that doesn't make it necessarily boring. Unoriginal as a setting? Most definitely. However, it should also be worth noting that Japan doesn't just exist in the feudal age. It's not like there were a couple of centuries of Japanese history. You could pick the late 1800's when Western civilization really began spreading it's influence and revolution was abound, ending the age of the samurai. It is also worth noting that the history of Japan is largely overlooked by the majority of games that are set in Japan. I mean, I don't know about anyone else here, but I don't know too much about historic people in Japan. Or major historical events.

I'm not bashing anyone here, I just think it shouldn't be ruled out so readily.

Also, now that I think about it. One of the few things I know about Japan, is the kamikaze. The Mongols invaded Japan twice in 1274 and 1281 AD. Massive armies and fleets were dispatched both times. And both times the majority of the fleets were destroyed by dangerous storms (the second being named kamikaze, or divine wind. Also, poor construction of the ships didn't help). I don't know about anyone else, but that seems to be Piece-of-Edenish.

Also, on a side note, India would be another really cool place to be as well.

Tetsou88
04-05-2012, 08:01 PM
It's funny how you put those things between quotes but fail to mention any kind of valid source. Ninjas were rarely used as assassins. They only killed when it was necessary and their primary goal was often to infiltrate and steal information. They were much more like special ops undercover teams than anything else and their fighting style and general strategy is focused entirely on avoiding any kind of conflict, especially murder, since often these people were commoners and anything even close to murder, especially of political figures or samurai, was punishable by death.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ninja#Assassination

I love how everyone says Ninja's and Japan are overused but can't point out one current franchise that uses them, save for Japanese titles, which aren't even "Mainstream". The only recent games to featuer Ninja's are Total War Shogun(an RTS), and Ninja Gaiden. Ninja Gaiden is the least bit historical or grounded to reality(IE AC).

As for other forms of media, save for Kid's shows and the rare Chinese movie, Ninja's and Japan are also hardly seen.

Truth be told most of you know nothing about it(hence why you group it with China), and this is why you don't want it.

Edit: Also, while Assassin's Creed is about the Hassassins, it is also about stopping the Templars via many means. How do they do this? The same way Ninja's were used.

LightRey
04-05-2012, 08:12 PM

I love how everyone says Ninja's and Japan are overused but can't point out one current franchise that uses them, save for Japanese titles, which aren't even "Mainstream". The only recent games to featuer Ninja's are Total War Shogun(an RTS), and Ninja Gaiden. Ninja Gaiden is the least bit historical or grounded to reality(IE AC).

As for other forms of media, save for Kid's shows and the rare Chinese movie, Ninja's and Japan are also hardly seen.

Truth be told most of you know nothing about it(hence why you group it with China), and this is why you don't want it.
It's not about being historically correct. The concept behind ninjutsu remains the same and so does the setting itself. We have been bombarded with Asian, particularly Japanese culture for decades now and it's just one huge cliche, regardless of the many historical inaccuracies, there has been enough of the stuff to have seen basically every bit that is historically accurate. There are countless films, TV-shows and manga and even if each of them deviates in some way from reality, there is enough in there to piece together the truth. In the end we've seen it all as historically accurate as can be, just not all in one particular game, comic or movie. Let's not forget that most games about WWII aren't exactly historically correct either, yet the same arguments are used against such a setting (that and guns).

Don't get me wrong, I love Asian culture and enjoy these games, books and movies very much, but one thing in particular I like about the Assassin's Creed games is the very fact that they use settings that have barely been touched upon by the entertainment industry and they should keep it that way. Besides, we really don't need another game about ninjas and samurais, or even Asian martial arts in general. Enough is enough.

pirate1802
04-05-2012, 08:13 PM
My work here is done!

Btw, just because a setting is the most suggested setting, doesn't mean it's the most wanted one.

Rofl I imagined you flying off xD

BBALive
04-05-2012, 08:29 PM
Russia, France, England, China or India would be good.

Well, I say England, but I'm not so sure. While I would love to climb the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben (Despite it largely being burned down in 1834), Victorian England isn't that interesting (Most of the interesting events of the era, other than the Whitechapel Murders, happen outside of the country). The Industrial Revolution (Yes, I know it runs into the Victorian Era) could be good though. It would allow for some serious changes that happen periodically over time. Would be pretty cool to see it all progress.

BBALive
04-05-2012, 08:36 PM

Edit: Also, while Assassin's Creed is about the Hassassins, it is also about stopping the Templars via many means. How do they do this? The same way Ninja's were used.

Stop trying to force your bad suggestion on others, Weeaboo.

rileypoole1234
04-05-2012, 08:49 PM
They've finally confirmed what I've believed for the longest time...

souNdwAve89
04-05-2012, 08:56 PM
Stop trying to force your bad suggestion on others, Weeaboo.

I don't see him forcing it. A lot of members gave their thoughts on this topic. I don't see his statements having a negative or hostile tone to it. If anything, it sounds like the ones who are against the ideas are gloating the fact that they denied possible locations of future AC games.

Ilovepho
04-05-2012, 09:29 PM
WWII and Egypt are boring but Japan is not, Mr.Hutchinson.

If AC4 sets in Japan, I'd definitely buy 2 copies day 1.

Ilovepho
04-05-2012, 10:05 PM
Oh how about China during the Boxer Rebellions ?

wow I really think that's more original than Japan because there are only 1 or 2 games set in China (Jade Empire on Xbox and Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon on PS2). However those games didnt set in China during the rule of the Dowager Empress Tzu Hsi. That period is perfect suits AC IMP: there are lots of conflict between China and Western countries, between the Ching Dynasty and the rebellions.

Velvit
04-05-2012, 10:34 PM
I am glad Assassin's Creed will be staying out of Japan. Based on learning their language and culture, it would be a boring setting for an Assassin's Creed game. Also, I can't shake the feeling that the protagonist would turn into a stereotypical shinobi.

Ilovepho
04-05-2012, 10:37 PM
I am glad Assassin's Creed will be staying out of Japan. Based on learning their language and culture, it would be a boring setting for an Assassin's Creed game. Also, I can't shake the feeling that the protagonist would turn into a stereotypical shinobi.

Much better than Colonial America

Ureh
04-05-2012, 10:49 PM
WWII and Egypt are boring but Japan is not, Mr.Hutchinson.

If AC4 sets in Japan, I'd definitely buy 2 copies day 1.

I love the AC legacy but I 'm only expecting 3 more games before it comes to an end on the main platforms. I don't mind if they make more on handheld devices, but if they go back on their word again then my feelings would be ambivalent at best.

JumpInTheFire13
04-05-2012, 11:25 PM
World War 2, feudal Japan and ancient Egypt would make dismal Assassin's Creed backdrops, so says series creative director Alex Hutchinson.

Unhelpfully, Hutchinson didn't qualify his condemnation, but did suggest he was open to the idea of setting a future franchise entry in India.
I thought France and England were the most popular?

Mr.Braag
04-05-2012, 11:29 PM
Victorian era England is still the setting I would most like to see in an Assassin's Creed game. I agree with him on WWII and Feudal Japan being kinda dull, Egypt could be interesting though.

AlexEzio89
04-06-2012, 05:39 AM
Victorian era England is still the setting I would most like to see in an Assassin's Creed game. I agree with him on WWII and Feudal Japan being kinda dull, Egypt could be interesting though.
yeah is corect
in dont like india ,is much better victorian era,or egipt

rain89c
04-06-2012, 06:03 AM
Wow...so much hate.

Did you even bother reading the review? It was Corey May who said he would like it to be in India, Alex just agreed and showed interest.
....did YOU read the review?
and when did I even mention India?
my post had no relevance regarding india.

This!!!!

Rain, To me the mechanics of the game really suit, but ALL THE NINJA STUFF has been, literally, done HUNDREDS OF TIMES, is it almost as uberused as WWII, therefore I prefer other places and ages, India would be awesome!!!
man, i along with many others do not care how many times you keep repeating "JAPAN HAS BEEN DONE OVER A THOUSDAND TIMES"
It has never been done realistically in a life life world as AC.

This time even the developers are telling you that your favorite setting is boring and over done. It's cool that you like feudal Japan. I think Japan is awesome too but it's still a boring overdone setting for an AC game.
Actually bro, it aint the developers who are saying Japan is boring, its just this ignorant new creative director.
if Japan has been considered "boring" from the start, there would not have been a survey listing Japan.

but anyways, right when he claimed the assassin order derived from europe during one of his interviews, from then on I already knew where he planned to take this series to anyway...pfft

Calvarok
04-06-2012, 06:23 AM
Wow. His words have been so twisted. If you look at the quote in it's original context it's obvious he's being slightly tongue in cheek. The only people who have implied that he actually doesn't value your opinions are all the news outlets that have tried to make it seem that way.

MetalCreed
04-06-2012, 07:07 AM
Asians gonna be Asians.
Japan would be good, but too many people have already attempted in making a game set there.
Even though Ubisoft can try to make it realistic, the fact that it's been done before makes the game -50% unique.

India would be good to be honest.
My ancestor's homeland :p

pirate1802
04-06-2012, 08:01 AM
yayaya More India please. Would be so awesome to go and visit the actual places i walked in ;)

frogger504
04-06-2012, 08:43 AM
Well it is a rather overused setting. Especially if you include movies and books. Of course one could consider a more recent Egyptian setting than ancient Egypt, which is not nearly as overdone.

But how would a setting like that work in AC? It has decent landmarks but how about overall gameplay locations? Too many deserts, not many cities to work with. Too much vast desert between locations.

tarrero
04-06-2012, 08:48 AM

man, i along with many others do not care how many times you keep repeating "JAPAN HAS BEEN DONE OVER A THOUSDAND TIMES"
It has never been done realistically in a life life world as AC.

I understand your point, but if you are "loyal" to it, you are contradicting yourself by ruling out WWII because "It has never been done realistically in a life world" Remember that, according to what the developers have ALWAYS said, the MAIN criteria they use to choose a setting is how original and unexplored is by the entertainment industry, and well, and WWII and feudal japan and its ninjas are remotely new.......

Is not that I "hate" its country or culture, in fact I like it, it is just that I prefer fresh stuff for this franchise....

rain89c
04-06-2012, 09:13 AM
I understand your point, but if you are "loyal" to it, you are contradicting yourself by ruling out WWII because "It has never been done realistically in a life world" Remember that, according to what the developers have ALWAYS said, the MAIN criteria they use to choose a setting is how original and unexplored is by the entertainment industry, and well, and WWII and feudal japan and its ninjas are remotely new.......

Is not that I "hate" its country or culture, in fact I like it, it is just that I prefer fresh stuff for this franchise....
I never claimed to be loyal to anything...
and I rule out WW2, because I do not like that setting... same reason why I don't like AC3's setting... and I am an American also.
AC3's setting is in America, and there are many games in America... so you just contradicted yourself.

You just don't get it.
This new creative director is ridiculous, Japan and Egypt both have interesting thousands of years of independent rich history/settings, for whatever reasons this turd is neglecting on Japan/Egypt is not far from beyond what I imagine it to be, because there are many testaments that points to what he is aiming for, and if I say it, I';ll probably be banned, so I direct you to the comment section of the link provided in the first page.
I agree with many of the posters said there, and I wish they'd post on this forum.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-04-ubisoft-ww2-japan-and-egypt-would-make-dismal-assassins-creed-locations

it almost seems as if this AC franchise is some kind of prapagonda, this new guy is trying to neglect any settings that had minimal to no western influence.

LightRey
04-06-2012, 11:50 AM
But how would a setting like that work in AC? It has decent landmarks but how about overall gameplay locations? Too many deserts, not many cities to work with. Too much vast desert between locations.
There were plenty of densely populated cities in Egypt during the Middle Ages and after. In fact the river banks of the Nile were and still are very densely populated.

AlexEzio89
04-06-2012, 02:55 PM
There were plenty of densely populated cities in Egypt during the Middle Ages and after. In fact the river banks of the Nile were and still are very densely populated.
+1 is very corect
but i have i question
were you hide in desert?

dxsxhxcx
04-06-2012, 05:09 PM
I already said this in another thread and I'll say it again here:

"WW2/Japan/Egypt are boring..." says the guy who is about to release a game whose setting is the USA... :)

not that I'm against AC3 taking place in the USA but IMO this setting is far away from being the coolest or most original setting of the world (all the complaints and worries about the game being set in USA speak for themselves)... IMO Egypt is way better than USA, maybe not to follow the current events in the modern days, but as a setting I believe it would be...

Perk89
04-06-2012, 05:42 PM
Ok, really, anyone who hasn't accepted by now that the game is set during the AR, you have no hope. We've known since way before it was announced. We knew the game would have to move forward chronologically a t least a couple hundred years to a relevant point in time. We knew New York would play a major role. We knew they had to bring Desmond's heritage to the USA. Did anyone seriously think they were going to go backwards in time? Really?

Japan and Egypt are overdone for these kinds of games. I won't say that about WW2, because A) there is SO much that has never been covered in any WW2 form of media (any of you guys fought the Nazi's in Alaska yet? No?) B) The game would be very different from a traditional WW2 game in terms of story.

So I think that should be an option someday. The series, at some point, is going to have to have a revamping to keep it going anyways, and that may be a great way to do it. In my mind, it would play in some respects like AC3 will, having to be quick and stealthy in some scenarios, and others where you find yourself right in the midst of an explosive battle, sprinting across the rooftops of a town while it's being shelled with artillery fire, with soldiers trying to take you out as you make way for your target, but with modernized controls and features (along with a few oldies) Besides, it'd be cool to go to Italy one more time and see if Ezio may have a few more secrets to give in the same way Altair did in AC2.

dxsxhxcx
04-06-2012, 05:53 PM
Ok, really, anyone who hasn't accepted by now that the game is set during the AR, you have no hope. We've known since way before it was announced. We knew the game would have to move forward chronologically a t least a couple hundred years to a relevant point in time. We knew New York would play a major role. We knew they had to bring Desmond's heritage to the USA. Did anyone seriously think they were going to go backwards in time? Really?

Japan and Egypt are overdone for these kinds of games. I won't say that about WW2, because A) there is SO much that has never been covered in any WW2 form of media (any of you guys fought the Nazi's in Alaska yet? No?) B) The game would be very different from a traditional WW2 game in terms of story.

So I think that should be an option someday. The series, at some point, is going to have to have a revamping to keep it going anyways, and that may be a great way to do it. In my mind, it would play in some respects like AC3 will, having to be quick and stealthy in some scenarios, and others where you find yourself right in the midst of an explosive battle, sprinting across the rooftops of a town while it's being shelled with artillery fire, with soldiers trying to take you out as you make way for your target, but with modernized controls and features (along with a few oldies) Besides, it'd be cool to go to Italy one more time and see if Ezio may have a few more secrets to give in the same way Altair did in AC2.

the options you suggested could be used for Japan and Egypt as well...

albertwesker22
04-06-2012, 05:55 PM

"WW2/Japan/Egypt are boring..." says the guy who is about to release a game whose setting is the USA... :)

not that I'm against AC3 taking place in the USA but IMO this setting is far away from being the coolest or most original setting of the world (all the complaints and worries about the game being set in USA speak for themselves)... IMO Egypt is way better than USA, maybe not to follow the current events in the modern days, but as a setting I believe it would be...

True about America being used in a lot of games, but you can't possibly compare the American Revolution time period to say(All the GTA games, Resident Evil 1,2,3, Saints Row, ect) The America that we'll see in AC 3 has never been featured in any recent game of note. Name me one blockbuster game that takes place during the American Revolution.

I want Egypt myself for a future AC game. Preferably during the mid 1800's. However I can't see how anyone can honestly believe that the American Revolution is unoriginal.

I mean the market is swimming with games set during this period and covering the American Revolution(heavy sarcasm).

Perk89
04-06-2012, 06:01 PM
the options you suggested could be used for Japan and Egypt as well...

We are talking about a total revamp of the series when the time comes. Neither ancient Egypt or fuedal Japan provide the ability to do that, because they lack the historical context to do so. It would be too similar to AC1-minus a lot of cool Assassin tech in Egpyt's case (and no, simply revamping weapons isn't revamping the series) and more of the same ninja stuff we've seen with other Japanese games that fall into that time period.

WW2 would make a great fit for a new kind of AC game, when the time comes where that is necessary.

Perk89
04-06-2012, 06:07 PM
True about America being used in a lot of games, but you can't possibly compare the American Revolution time period to say(All the GTA games, Resident Evil 1,2,3, Saints Row, ect) The America that we'll see in AC 3 has never been featured in any recent game of note. Name me one blockbuster game that takes place during the American Revolution.

I want Egypt myself for a future AC game. Preferably during the mid 1800's. However I can't see how anyone can honestly believe that the American Revolution is unoriginal.

I mean the market is swimming with games set during this period and covering the American Revolution(heavy sarcasm).

If you try to find the wiki page for what happened during the mid-1800's in Egypt, it doesn't exist. They have one for every other decade, but not the middle. I can't for the life of me figure out what would be appealing about that time period.

In fact, I'll take you to the link so you can see for yourself just unappealing 19th century Egypt is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:19th_century_in_Egypt

No disrespect to you, but after skimming I can't find a single thing there that has any draw.

albertwesker22
04-06-2012, 07:16 PM
If you try to find the wiki page for what happened during the mid-1800's in Egypt, it doesn't exist. They have one for every other decade, but not the middle. I can't for the life of me figure out what would be appealing about that time period.

In fact, I'll take you to the link so you can see for yourself just unappealing 19th century Egypt is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:19th_century_in_Egypt

No disrespect to you, but after skimming I can't find a single thing there that has any draw.

A game set from say 1860 to 1900 could work.

I'm sure if Ubisoft did a game in Egypt in the mid to late 1800's, they would have better sources than Wikipedia. If there is history there, then the AC team can make it work.

Take a look at these sites http://www.maritimeheritage.org/ports/egypt.html

http://www.historyguy.com/wars_of_egypt.html

http://colonialwarfare18901975.devhub.com/blog/612944-urabi-rebellion/

The fact that the time period is not as well documented as others, just gives the team more creative freedom, which is a good thing in my book.

Seems like there is enough events to build a game on, decent characters, both historical and just random npc's. A nice mix of cultures, political intrigue ect.

Stating how unappealing 19th century Egypt is, based on limited wikipedia articles, seems like selective bias. It certainly doesn't seem unappealing to me.

RzaRecta357
04-06-2012, 07:19 PM
Thank god they're totally against those time periods. They're terrible ideas for an AC game.

LightRey
04-06-2012, 09:01 PM
+1 is very corect
but i have i question
were you hide in desert?
Why would you even go to the desert? Everyone and everything except some of the tombs and ruins are on the banks of the Nile.

n00bfi_97
04-06-2012, 10:45 PM
Yea, and besides, it's true Japan may be "unexplored" but still, meh, it's overdone. Also, the guy saying the new creative director is steering it away from asian setting, India isn't Asian? WTF? There is no need for this to degrade into a racial debate.

albertwesker22
04-06-2012, 10:53 PM
Yea, and besides, it's true Japan may be "unexplored" but still, meh, it's overdone. Also, the guy saying the new creative director is steering it away from asian setting, India isn't Asian? WTF? There is no need for this to degrade into a racial debate.

My thoughts exactly. If the AC team was racist, we would never have had Altair.

rain89c
04-07-2012, 01:15 AM
Not just any India, the guy wants to take it to the "BRITISH Raj" < - Western Influence India... get it....?
Any AC game so far, that does not concern a western influence? No..
See the bigger picture man.

LightRey
04-07-2012, 01:19 AM
Not just any India, the guy wants to take it to the "BRITISH Raj" < - Western Influence India... get it....?
Lol, you're sounding so much like a conspiracy theorist right now.

rain89c
04-07-2012, 01:22 AM
My thoughts exactly. If the AC team was racist, we would never have had Altair.
When they made Altair and AC1, it was a different creative director. Not this new ****.

souNdwAve89
04-07-2012, 01:36 AM
When they made Altair and AC1, it was a different creative director. Not this new ****.

lol chill man. I would have loved to see feudal Japan and the other ones too, but what has been said, has been said. I mean, there are other important people on the team, so it can't just be Hutchinson's decision on where they should go in the future.

rain89c
04-07-2012, 01:39 AM
lol chill man. I would have loved to see feudal Japan and the other ones too, but what has been said, has been said. I mean, there are other important people on the team, so it can't just be Hutchinson's decision on where they should go in the future.
What has been said has been said, but coming from a creative director, this guy needs to take responsibility for what he says, because he is one who can affect the outcome of future AC games.
and there's a reason why he actually apologizes to the community,
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/06/assassins-creed-3-creative-director-doesnt-dislike-your-ideas/

Honestly, i didnt like the way he portrayed AC from initial interviews of AC3.
I hope he gets replaced...

kriegerdesgottes
04-07-2012, 01:43 AM
What has been said has been said, but coming from a creative director, this guy needs to take responsibility for what he says, because he is one who can affect the outcome of future AC games.
and there's a reason why he actually apologizes to the community,
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/06/assassins-creed-3-creative-director-doesnt-dislike-your-ideas/

Honestly, i didnt like the way he portrayed AC from initial interviews of AC3.
I hope he gets replaced...

He doesn't need to apologize to you or anyone else. He gave his opinion, which is an opinion that many people share. Why should he need to take responsibility for that? I'm not surprised though that you would pull the race card on him. I know you do enjoy your race card.

xx-pyro
04-07-2012, 02:56 AM

You want an AC game without Western Influence? The Assassin's wouldn't exist then, considering the philosophy given to them by Ubisoft is the pinnacle of Western belief.

SixKeys
04-07-2012, 03:03 AM
You want an AC game without Western Influence? The Assassin's wouldn't exist then, considering the philosophy given to them by Ubisoft is the pinnacle of Western belief.

LOL, "western belief". Because all western countries have exactly the same ideals and beliefs, right?

xx-pyro
04-07-2012, 03:51 AM
LOL, "western belief". Because all western countries have exactly the same ideals and beliefs, right?

I didn't say that, however western culture typically implies freedom as the most important ideal any man should have. And yes, this is a predominant belief in most western countries.

rain89c
04-07-2012, 04:01 AM
The first game was fine without western influence or major western associations.
The first game was portrayed the most realistic, the assassin order design was actually influenced by the middle eastern hashashin order.
It was just a coincidence that one of the moral of the plot line included to fight for freedom.
After a few games, they twisted the idea behind the real hashashin's fight for freedom into the Western's ideals about fighting for freedom ...
I get the impression that this new assassin for AC3 was intended to be a Native American 100% who was going to fight for his tribesman/village, but somewhere down the road they changed it to associate him with "Western influence aesthetics/beliefs"

I believe any setting could do fine without the need for "western interference"
any independent ancient setting would work fine with their own functional society/setting/culture/aesthetics and their assassin's order's goal to fight for freedom.

tarrero
04-07-2012, 05:01 AM
[QUOTE=rain89c;8221054]I never claimed to be loyal to anything...
and I rule out WW2, because I do not like that setting... same reason why I don't like AC3's setting... and I am an American also.
AC3's setting is in America, and there are many games in America... so you just contradicted yourself.

/QUOTE]

No, I am not, Why? Because aside from that movie called "The Patriot" , I dont remember many video games, movies or comics set during the American Revolution, I would agree with you if it was the wild west, even though Red Dead Redemption is one of the best games ever, Cold War or something like that. The 13 colonies is relatively new......

Whereas Feudal Japan, martial arts, katanas, ninjas, samurais, though badass, is been done TONS of times. And did you also know that MANY japanese gamers are reluctant to the idea of ubisoft making a game there????? They think that no company besides a Japanese one can really capture the vibe of their country and its history.

http://kotaku.com/5897365/japan-doesnt-really-want-an-assassins-creed-either

BeCk41
04-07-2012, 09:27 AM
the AC games like to create places and setting where ppl HAVEN'T GONE meaning Egypt a WW2 setting have all been done and redone in every type of game there is. taking the game to a new location that is not depicted in a lot of games is what Ubisoft wants to do with this franchise. My top votes were for Russia & for Britain but those are apparently boring. But I'm sure the new game will turn out amazingly and bring us up to the current time with Desmond and finish his story once and for all with no sequels.

jmk1999
04-07-2012, 09:33 AM
hmm... i don't understand the argument that egypt has been done to death in games... i haven't really seen too many ACTUAL games that were in egypt aside from some mummy type thing like tomb raider or civilization sims. actually, i can't think of any off hand. :confused: really, the only thing that might be problematic with ancient egypt is its lack of diversity in architecture... it would probably just look like a bunch of huts and dried sand houses...:rolleyes:

GeneralTrumbo
04-07-2012, 09:38 AM
I think they will need to do Egypt eventually...

frogger504
04-07-2012, 11:24 AM

Setting has to do with time as well. Revolution is completely untouched and unique. Egypt, definitely boring and used A LOT, Japan, no., WW2 *doesn't even comment*.

I want to see Victorian England, the French Revolution (with Conner), and India!

albertwesker22
04-07-2012, 04:28 PM
[QUOTE=rain89c;8221054]I never claimed to be loyal to anything...

/QUOTE]

No, I am not, Why? Because aside from that movie called "The Patriot" , I dont remember many video games, movies or comics set during the American Revolution, I would agree with you if it was the wild west, even though Red Dead Redemption is one of the best games ever, Cold War or something like that. The 13 colonies is relatively new......

Whereas Feudal Japan, martial arts, katanas, ninjas, samurais, though badass, is been done TONS of times. And did you also know that MANY japanese gamers are reluctant to the idea of ubisoft making a game there????? They think that no company besides a Japanese one can really capture the vibe of their country and its history.

http://kotaku.com/5897365/japan-doesnt-really-want-an-assassins-creed-either

While I don't want a game set in Japan. The Japanese gaming community shouldn't be worried about the AC team doing a game there, nor should their concerns be noted. Have you played games that take place in feudal Japan and beyond. Games like Way of the Samurai and Tenchu, stereotype Japanese people and culture more than any western team could manage.

Like I said, I don't want a game set in Japan, but if the AC team set a game there, it would probably be the most dignified game about Japanese history on the market.

xx-pyro
04-07-2012, 04:35 PM
The argument that Egypt has been done to death is invalid in my opinion, however the fact is the free running there would be terrible; and free running is a rather vital system in an Assassin's Creed game.

albertwesker22
04-07-2012, 04:37 PM
The argument that Egypt has been done to death is invalid in my opinion, however the fact is the free running there would be terrible; and free running is a rather vital system in an Assassin's Creed game.

I'm so glad that you know all this. You can't free run in Egypt, too much sand right? Jesus Christ :rolleyes:

http://www.levantineheritage.com/i/alexandria1.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_QVj1Ll-n6lQ/S4li7AEQIOI/AAAAAAAAQeU/uBETBVxWi0A/s400/British+Bombardment+of+Alexandria+1882+-+Italian+poste+street.jpg

http://i.istockimg.com/file_thumbview_approve/15719678/2/stock-photo-15719678-cairo-egypt-1882-engraving.jpg

tarrero
04-07-2012, 04:47 PM
El Cairo and Alexandria are huge historic cities, with tons of landmarks, is not necessary to set the game during the ancient times.....

xx-pyro
04-07-2012, 04:56 PM
I'm so glad that you know all this. You can't free run in Egypt, too much sand right? Jesus Christ :rolleyes:

http://www.levantineheritage.com/i/alexandria1.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_QVj1Ll-n6lQ/S4li7AEQIOI/AAAAAAAAQeU/uBETBVxWi0A/s400/British+Bombardment+of+Alexandria+1882+-+Italian+poste+street.jpg

http://i.istockimg.com/file_thumbview_approve/15719678/2/stock-photo-15719678-cairo-egypt-1882-engraving.jpg

Would be nice if those were in ancient periods, when most of the more intertesting history of Egypt occured. I'm glad you're thinking things through :rolleyes:

Megaman-EXE
04-07-2012, 05:01 PM
I really don't want India. India would disgrace the whole franchise and I don't want that. Plus the fact that Indians have the exact opposite religion to Assassins. Assassin were supposed to be Shia Muslims and hugely opposed to Hinduism. Plus the indian culture and stuff are boring. The whole India now is based only on one thing; dancing.

Their architecture is lame too. The only notable one is Taj Mahal which the Indians DIDN'T make. It was the Muslims. Now I'm not trying to start a religion war but India is possibly the worst choice ever and I don't want to see Assassin's Creed disgraced.

One idea is my Country; Pakistan. The fact that we're Muslims and there are shia here, would make solid history and stuff. Plus we have a good history, which can be easily turned into a game.

I just wish India isn't confirmed. :( And please don't flame me for this.

n00bfi_97
04-07-2012, 05:20 PM
I'm not flaming you mate, but that is so anti-Indian; I must commend the British the ability to divide and conquer. Not insulting them either, no offence, jussaiyin'.

Now, in counter to your argument.

I really don't want India. India would disgrace the whole franchise and I don't want that. Plus the fact that Indians have the exact opposite religion to Assassins. Assassin were supposed to be Shia Muslims and hugely opposed to Hinduism. Plus the indian culture and stuff are boring. The whole India now is based only on one thing; dancing.

The Assassins were originally Shia Muslims, yes, but their doctrine says "Everything is permitted." In regards to your argument saying that Islam is an antagonistic religion is to Hinduism, that is totally false. Indian culture is not boring; it is rich no matter which way you look at it. Please don't bring stereotypes into this matter. The culture is excellent to use as a setting backdrop :) Also, the dancing bit. You're joking right? Or are you trolling?

Their architecture is lame too. The only notable one is Taj Mahal which the Indians DIDN'T make. It was the Muslims. Now I'm not trying to start a religion war but India is possibly the worst choice ever and I don't want to see Assassin's Creed disgraced.

Are you honestly serious? The architecture is not lame by any means. India has had many influences, Hindu, Muslim, and Buddhist and due to this it has diverse architecture, perfect for stunning free-running scapes.. The Indians did make the Taj Mahal. They were Muslim Indians. You do know that before everybody in the Subcontinent was "Indian"? Back then, Pakistan and Bangladesh didn't exist; there was no distinction between whether you were Hindu or Muslim, you were still essentially "Indian". How would Assassin's Creed be disgraced if India was chosen as a setting? No offence dude, but you're not giving us a reason why India is a bad choice; you're simply saying why you hate it.

One idea is my country; Pakistan. The fact that we're Muslims and there are shia here, would make solid history and stuff. Plus we have a good history, which can be easily turned into a game.

Indeed, Pakistan has interesting history but this idea does not make sense. Saying you want to AC to take place in Pakistan during the British Raj is nonsensical considering Pakistan did not come into being until 1947. Just saying.

And finally, I'm not flaming you either. I'm just pointing out flaws in your argument. Also, I'm not being racist either, because I'm Muslim too :) Which is why I wanted to point out the huge flaws in your reasoning lol.

tarrero
04-07-2012, 05:35 PM
I guess somebody is bringing his political/regional/cultural feuds over here, Indiaīs Architecture is just awesome, you can find muslim, Buddhist and its own influences aswell.........

Besides that, its history goes back to thousands of years and is not overused, also we have the "Mahabharata" which is so Piece of edenish" by the way.

n00bfi_97
04-07-2012, 05:40 PM
I guess somebody is bringing some political/regional/cultural feuds over here. Indiaīs architecture is just awesome; you could find Muslim, Buddhist and Hindu influences as well...

I concur my friend, I concur.

albertwesker22
04-07-2012, 05:55 PM

One idea is my Country; Pakistan. The fact that we're Muslims and there are shia here, would make solid history and stuff. Plus we have a good history, which can be easily turned into a game.

A Pakistani who hates India? Well you're just a walking stereotype :rolleyes:

TorQue1988
04-07-2012, 05:59 PM
Revolutionary France, Victorian England or India would be awesome. Japan, China or WWII would be awful.
Simple as that.

albertwesker22
04-07-2012, 06:01 PM
Would be nice if those were in ancient periods, when most of the more intertesting history of Egypt occured. I'm glad you're thinking things through :rolleyes:

Well I'm sorry that when you think of Egypt, you automatically think ancient Egypt. Try and expand your thoughts on the place.

shobhit7777777
04-07-2012, 08:59 PM

OMG!! He knows our secret!! DANCING!

It is true fellow forum members....our entire culture, predating even the most ancient of civilizations is based entirely on dance...specifically Krumping. We derived all our ancient mystical knowledge, Yoga and the number zero through calculus based Krumping. We have several ancient manuals explaining how to achieve Moksha via the application of several Dance 'asanas'.

Since the cats out of the bag.
I will now have to perform a 3 man krump for Shiva in order to prevent the 6th apocalypse.

P.S

BTW the Mahabharat..is basically an epic poem about an underdog breakdancing team of 5 who beat 100 uber-qualified dancers from around the world in order to gain supremacy over Earth.

True Story.

MoneyForBoobs
04-07-2012, 09:32 PM
its really unproffesional for a respected creative director who claims to be passionate about fans to completely dissmiss and insult the community`s ideas like dat

kriegerdesgottes
04-07-2012, 09:34 PM
its really unproffesional for a respected creative director who claims to be passionate about fans to completely dissmiss and insult the community`s ideas like dat

He has a right to his opinion and it's an opinion shared by a large portion of the fan base.

shobhit7777777
04-07-2012, 09:37 PM

I liked the frankness TBH shows some spine. He's not disrespecting anyone...he just voiced his personal opinion...he thinks all those other places are boring..fair enough. Who the hell are we to judge him on his professionalism? Nobody. We are not his peers or his superiors in the games industry, specifically Ubisoft.

You can't be offended at every little thing that comes your way.

Calvarok
04-07-2012, 09:39 PM
He wasn't really insulting anyone. The article just used his quotes out of context, and used inflammatory article titles to make it seem like that. Thats what journalists do. Create controversy. And people eat it up. He was partially giving his opinion, and partially joking around when he said that "fans have the worst ideas". He obviously didn't mean all fans, just that he thought that the most requested locations wouldn't work out very well for the franchise. Stop taking it personally.

UrDeviant1
04-07-2012, 09:39 PM
I liked the frankness TBH shows some spine. He's not disrespecting anyone...he just voiced his personal opinion...he thinks all those other places are boring..fair enough. Who the hell are we to judge him on his professionalism? Nobody. We are not his peers or his superiors in the games industry, specifically Ubisoft.

You can't be offended at every little thing that comes your way.

This.

rain89c
04-07-2012, 09:44 PM
He has a right to his opinion and it's an opinion shared by a large portion of the fan base.
First of all, if you think he didnt offend anyone, then you are quite ignorant, and why would he apologize if it was no big deal?
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/ac3-creative-director-attempts-to-apologize-for-dismissing-gamers-setting-ideas-as-boring--12187

He has a right to his opinion, but giving his position in department, he lacks professionalism and wittiness when it comes to how he express his opinions to the large public.
His opinions expressed publically affects how the AC fan-base thinks of him and the development team.
So claiming he is passionate about the fan-base, and then suddently a stupid remark slipped from his mouth about discounting certain settings as "boring" is a big contradiction, I would even go far to say a liar/betrayer to the fan-base.
Has this new creative director suggested any settings that has "minimal to no western influenced areas?
Him discounting Japan/Egypt eliminates a large portion of minimal to no western influenced rich settings.

One can easily tell how unfaithful he is to the series by just listening to him linking this and that to the british that and british that, "i think british raj india" would be a cool setting, because the british rules", get out of her Hutchinson seriously...worst creative director for AC.

Here's an example:
Watch this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNuyDZevKrU
Yeah, she has a right to her opinion, but after speaking out like that to the whole world. How do you think people will think of UCLA and people like her?
Apply it to this new **** creative director.

and lastly, if you mean a large portion of fan meaning this forum, then you are ignorant, because this forum and its polls represents only a small portion of the AC fan-base. The survey poll conducted in this forum listed certain settings to be unpopular and certain ones to be popular but guess what? Ubi released THEIR own survey results that they conducted in a different manner, and the settings popularity differ greatly from the survey conducted in this small portion of this forum. One of them being Japan, Japan is only the most hated in this small forum, but on a global scale, its been ranked as top 3 most requested as Ubi themselves has said.

LightRey
04-07-2012, 09:46 PM
hmm... i don't understand the argument that egypt has been done to death in games... i haven't really seen too many ACTUAL games that were in egypt aside from some mummy type thing like tomb raider or civilization sims. actually, i can't think of any off hand. :confused: really, the only thing that might be problematic with ancient egypt is its lack of diversity in architecture... it would probably just look like a bunch of huts and dried sand houses...:rolleyes:
I agree. Besides, "ancient Egypt" is a very loose term. There are several very different cultural periods in Ancient Egypt spanning thousands of years. There is lots of stuff in there most people have no idea about.

MoneyForBoobs
04-07-2012, 09:46 PM
He has a right to his opinion, but giving his position in department, he lacks professionalism and wittiness when it comes to how he express his opinions to the large public.
His opinions expressed publically affects how the AC fan-base thinks of him and the development team.
So claiming he is passionate about the fan-base, and then suddently a stupid remark slipped from his mouth about discounting certain settings is a big contradiction, I would even go far to say a liar/betrayer to the fan-base.

Here's an example:
Watch this video.
Yeah, she has a right to her opinion, but after speaking out like that to the whole world. How do you think people will think of UCLA and people like her?

and lastly, if you mean a large portion of fan meaning this forum, then you are ignorant, because this forum and its polls represents only a small portion of the AC fan-base. The survey poll conducted in this forum listed certain settings to be unpopular and certain ones to be popular but guess what? Ubi released THEIR own survey results that they conducted in a different manner, and the settings popularity differ greatly from the survey conducted in this small portion of this forum. One of them being Japan, Japan is only the most hated in this small forum, but on a global scale, its been ranked as top 3 most requested as Ubi themselves has said.

yes exactimondo !!!
besides why would he apologize unless he though it was unprofessional ?

UrDeviant1
04-07-2012, 09:52 PM
So claiming he is passionate about the fan-base, and then suddently a stupid remark slipped from his mouth about discounting certain settings as "boring" is a big contradiction, I would even go far to say a liar/betrayer to the fan-base.
and plus, has this new creative director suggested setting that has "minimal to no western influenced areas? no...
him discounting japan/egypt eliminates a large portion of minimal to no western influenced rich settings.

one can easily tell how unfaithful he is to the series by just listening to him linking this and that to the british that and british that, "i think british raj india" would be a cool setting, because the british rules", get out of her Hutchinson seriously...worst creative director for AC.

Here's an example:
Watch this video.

So you don't agree that Japan has been overused In video games? Heck, all media.

Part of Assassins Creeds USP are the games being set In unique places, which set It apart from lots of other video games.

shobhit7777777
04-07-2012, 09:56 PM
I'd rather trust a small group of paid, highly artistic, creative, intelligent professionals rather than 3 million 18-30 year old gamers.

If you were to put everything to a poll..AC3 would have had a Assassin's VS Zombies mode.

@Rain89

You're assuming his dissing of an idea as disrespecting the entire fanbase. You respect your parents right? but sometimes when they voice and opinion/idea/suggestion you might think of it as boring/stupid/nonsensical...that does not mean you are disrespecting your parents? You simply think their idea is not a good one...and have no problems in voicing it.

He never came out and said that the fans are dolts. He just disagreed on a few things. he may sound brash but honestly we could do with a CD like that. Who would you have in charge?
A politically correct yes-man churning out the title like its a McDonalds burger or a focussed, frank dude with a strong sense of whats to be done? Hutchinson seems like the latter.

@Moneyforb00bs

he apologized because he is a nice guy and felt he hurt the fanbase. He doesn't owe any one anything.

SixKeys
04-07-2012, 10:00 PM
If you were to put everything to a poll..AC3 would have had a Assassin's VS Zombies mode.

It did. It's called Corruption mode in ACR multiplayer.

kriegerdesgottes
04-07-2012, 10:05 PM
First of all, if you think he didnt offend anyone, then you are quite ignorant, and why would he apologize if it was no big deal?
http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/ac3-creative-director-attempts-to-apologize-for-dismissing-gamers-setting-ideas-as-boring--12187

Has this new creative director suggested any settings that has "minimal to no western influenced areas?
Him discounting Japan/Egypt eliminates a large portion of minimal to no western influenced rich settings.

One can easily tell how unfaithful he is to the series by just listening to him linking this and that to the british that and british that, "i think british raj india" would be a cool setting, because the british rules", get out of her Hutchinson seriously...worst creative director for AC.

Here's an example:
Watch this video.

I don't care if he offended you and I doubt that he does either. This is the whole problem with liberal types of views. The whole point of freedom of speech is that a person can say what they want to say without worrying about cry baby weeaboos like yourself who get easily offended or angry over what others say. He has every right to agree with a large portion of AC fans who KNOW how overused, boring, and cliche Japan and WII are for settings. If you don't like it, I'd suggest getting over it and yourself. Not everyone has the same opinions as you and they have the right to say it when they don't.

shobhit7777777
04-07-2012, 10:09 PM
It did. It's called Corruption mode in ACR multiplayer.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/000/578/1234931504682.jpg

Thats IT!!!

No more democratic development for you!!

rain89c
04-07-2012, 10:09 PM
I don't care if he offended you and I doubt that he does either. This is the whole problem with liberal types of views. The whole point of freedom of speech is that a person can say what they want to say without worrying about cry baby weeaboos like yourself who get easily offended or angry over what others say. He has every right to agree with a large portion of AC fans who KNOW how overused, boring, and cliche Japan and WII are for settings. If you don't like it, I'd suggest getting over it and yourself. Not everyone has the same opinions as you and they have the right to say it when they don't.
From the way you're talking, it seems like you're one who is pissed off and has anger issues...
oh and yeah freedom of speech now... there's a limitation to that gimmicky term, for example, this forum has a limit to what you can say, insulting someone would get you banned, how do you like this "so-called" freedom of speech then?

I've got work in 30 minutes, so no time to argue with you mate.

kriegerdesgottes
04-07-2012, 10:11 PM
From the way you're talking, it seems like you're one who is pissed off and has anger issues...
oh and yeah freedom of speech now... there's a limitation to that gimmicky term, for example, this forum has a limit to what you can say, insulting someone would get you banned, how do you like this "so-called" freedom of speech then?

There is a difference between freedom of speech and being disrespectful. I am not angry although you do have the amazing tendency to annoy me farrr beyond any other forum member lol. However I do not enjoy arguing with you so I hope we can just leave this be. I'm just sick of seeing you call this man names like "****" when all he did was express his opinion that you just happen to disagree with. Oh and btw. When I first read that article I thought of you....and I laughed.

tarrero
04-07-2012, 10:25 PM
Rain, American Revolution overused?

No!!!, Why? Because aside from that movie called "The Patriot" , I dont remember many video games, movies or comics set during the American Revolution, I would agree with you if it was the wild west, even though Red Dead Redemption is one of the best games ever, Cold War or something like that. The 13 colonies is relatively new......

http://kotaku.com/5897365/japan-does...s-creed-either (http://kotaku.com/5897365/japan-doesnt-really-want-an-assassins-creed-either)

n00bfi_97
04-07-2012, 10:37 PM
Has this new creative director suggested any settings that has minimal to no western influenced areas?

Alright, first up mate, you really should rein in that "zomg this new director is an racist omgomg" point-of-view on things. Don't get me wrong, I'm Asian as well, but this approach won't get you far. Considering most of the world was indeed colonised by Europe, it's safe to say these would be the most interesting. Hence, Japan and WWII are out the window. Why Japan? It's overdone. Japan has rich culture and fits in perfectly with the nature of Assassin's Creed but like some one above said, originality is the USP of AC. And by originality, I mean in all forms. Japan has been over done in both media and many other forms.

On this, I will agree; his blunt manner of expressing his opinion was not the best. However, saying he is a 'traitor' to the fanbase something I don't understand. He is passionate about the fanbase and when I says what he feels about certain settings makes him a traitor? WTF?

I read that article and it seems simply some ****hurt dude who cannot handle opinions not similar to his own wrote it. I'll tell you why:

"I see how it is Mr. Hutchinson. Everyone's got an opinion, but they all suck unless it's yours."

He starts the article showing immediately how ****hurt he is. Right off the bat, I know this guy is a whiny crybaby.

"Ah, I see, so "familiar" equates to "boring" and "worst". It's all clear now."

And here, you can see just how ignorant he is. No, "familiar" does not equate to "boring" and "worst". But since AC's USP is based on originality, in this case, it does equate to boring and worst. That's perfectly reasonable. Therefore, providing us with this link was a complete waste of time seeing as the author of the article is biased and short-sighted as well as ignorant, so I will say nothing regarding the significance of the article.

One can easily tell how unfaithful he is to the series by just listening to him linking this and that to the british that and british that, "i think british raj india" would be a cool setting, because the British rules", get out of here Hutchinson seriously...worst creative director for AC.

Did he say "the British rule"? As far as I can remember, he did not glorify Britain in any way. The British Raj is a cool setting seeing as it is an important part of history chock full of conspiracies and themes that go hand-in-hand with the AC franchise. Do you hate this guy because he doesn't conform to what everyone wants him to conform to? Do you hate him because he has perfectly valid opinion with backbone behind it? Because it certainly seems so to me.

Here's an example:
Watch this video.

That video made lol. At both her and you. No offence intended, but you look Asian from your picture. I'm guessing you used this video because it applies to you? Well, simply put, she is a typical stupid American who goes to university, and you're comparing her to a creative director of a large video-game company? I understand that video offends you but to use it as an example simply because it offends you provides no valid grounds to provide it as an example. The word "ignorant" applies to no one except you.

On this I will agree as well.

Xstantin
04-07-2012, 10:44 PM
Personally, I'd rather stick with Ubisoft's direction. I remember someone suggesting geishas as a filler for courtesans... not a good idea. We had Shao Jun in Embers and there was an old piece of cool concept art depicting Ezio in Japanese armor, but to be honest some of the fan art with Japanese assassins looks downright awful. Not that they are bad drawings, but cliches are cliches for a good reason.

Razrback16
04-07-2012, 11:19 PM
No thanks on India. I'd much rather see France / England or Japan.

shobhit7777777
04-08-2012, 04:15 AM
No thanks on India. I'd much rather see France / England or Japan.

Why? It'll be such different experience. After 3 games based in the West and Japan being overexposed in other media...untrodden ground is welcome.

rain89c
04-08-2012, 04:56 AM
Alright, first up mate, you really should rein in that "zomg this new director is an racist omgomg" point-of-view on things. Don't get me wrong, I'm Asian as well, but this approach won't get you far. Considering most of the world was indeed colonised by Europe, it's safe to say these would be the most interesting. Hence, Japan and WWII are out the window. Why Japan? It's overdone. Japan has rich culture and fits in perfectly with the nature of Assassin's Creed but like some one above said, originality is the USP of AC. And by originality, I mean in all forms. Japan has been over done in both media and many other forms.
I never said he was racist, just in attempts to glorify the British community, if you watch most of his interviews, he goes on and on and links the Assassin's order to the British community a lot.
Telling me Japan is overdone is just a non-sense excuse man seriously, AC3 is set in America, so don't tell me America is NOT overdone... so that excuse really doesn't convince me at all.
And Europe attempted to colonized everyone, and that's because their nature as a goal was to expand and conquer, why? because when the Europeans went to foreign lands in ancient time. they saw structures and technology way beyond their own, so they felt inferior to the world, eventually developing a conquering agenda to create what others have created. They copied all ancient technology from ancient civilizations from China to India to the Middle East. If someone is set on a goal, they will advance things rapidly, compared to ancient civilizations where people minded their own business within their own borders, living life peacefully, the entire civilization thinking they were already at their best. But enough about that.

Just because Europe attempted to colonized everyone, doesnt make those settings the most interesting, FAR FROM it....
I'd really much prefer ancient settings that had NO contact or influence with European influence, because those are the rich ancient settings/city life that I would like to see, settings that had their own system/aesthetics/functional society/city life, etc, etc. Because those unique lifestyles are historical, we dont see them anymore in the present day.

Megaman-EXE
04-08-2012, 07:46 AM
Eh? I can't believe you people got offended on when he said the internet people suggest the most boring ideas ever. THAT's the problem with being famous. Every word lasts forever. If he made a grammatical mistake, you all would be "ZOMG! He's so illiterate!" I mean seriously, that was HIS opinion. Just like mine a little while ago. Stereotype or not, that WAS my opinion. And he apologized because he had no idea you all people would take it so seriously. That's not 'unprofessional' by any means.
Like I read on some wikihow, "Famous people can't even far* in public without making the headlines" (Sorry for the totally inappropriate example, I don't usually talk like that :/) But point is totally correct. Get over it and pretend it never happened.

n00bfi_97
04-08-2012, 11:57 AM
]I never said he was racist, just in attempts to glorify the British community, if you watch most of his interviews, he goes on and on and links the Assassin's order to the British community a lot.

Saying he links the Assassins to the British community and saying that he "steers away" from setting that have little western influence is, in my eyes at least, one form of calling someone racist. But Iīll let the matter rest because evreyone will view his words diifferently

Telling me Japan is overdone is just a non-sense excuse man seriously, AC3 is set in America, so don't tell me America is NOT overdone... so that excuse really doesn't convince me at all.

America of what time period? The American Revolution as a setting is not at all overdone, or at least not as overdone as East Asian settings.

And Europe attempted to colonized everyone, and that's because their nature as a goal was to expand and conquer, why? Because when the Europeans went to foreign lands in ancient times, they saw structures and technology way beyond their own, so they felt inferior to the world, eventually developing a conquering agenda to create what others have created. They copied all ancient technology from ancient civilizations from China to India to the Middle East. If someone is set on a goal, they will advance things rapidly, compared to ancient civilizations where people minded their own business within their own borders, living life peacefully, the entire civilization thinking they were already at their best. But enough about that.

Thanks for the history lesson but I know all of this from school too :)

Just because Europe attempted to colonized everyone, doesnt make those settings the most interesting, FAR FROM it...
I'd really much prefer ancient settings that had NO contact or influence with European influence, because those are the rich ancient settings/city life that I would like to see, settings that had their own system/aesthetics/functional society/city life, etc, etc. Because those unique lifestyles are historical, we dont see them anymore in the present day.

Yes, thatīs very true, they would indeed make excellent settings, but my point was that the conspiracies, crime and exploitation that arose from colonisation provide a perfect backdrop for the AC franchise.

Eh? I can't believe you people got offended on when he said the internet people suggest the most boring ideas ever. THAT's the problem with being famous. Every word lasts forever. If he made a grammatical mistake, you all would be "ZOMG! He's so illiterate!" I mean seriously, that was HIS opinion. Just like mine a little while ago. Stereotype or not, that WAS my opinion. And he apologized because he had no idea you all people would take it so seriously. That's not 'unprofessional' by any means.
Like I read on some wikihow, "Famous people can't even **** in public without making the headlines" (Sorry for the totally inappropriate example, I don't usually talk like that :/) But point is totally correct. Get over it and pretend it never happened.

Did you read what I said? I wasnīt flaming you at all. The only thing I didnīt understand was how you wanted Pakistan because Pakistan didnīt even exist during the British Raj... And why you thought Indian architecture and culture was lame. I, at least, am not flaming you. Iīm asking for the reasons why you think that way.

BeCk41
04-08-2012, 12:08 PM
So you don't agree that Japan has been overused In video games? Heck, all media.

Part of Assassins Creeds USP are the games being set In unique places, which set It apart from lots of other video games.

Finally someone gets it! And I can't really recall any games that the American Revolution was focused upon, other than some battle and conquer games for the PC, early America and its colonization was one of the more important things to shape the USA, we don't really see what happened before this time and how the peoples of this time-frame lived and were represented.

Megaman-EXE
04-08-2012, 03:26 PM
Did you read what I said? I wasnīt flaming you at all. The only thing I didnīt understand was how you wanted Pakistan because Pakistan didnīt even exist during the British Raj... And why you thought Indian architecture and culture was lame. I, at least, am not flaming you. Iīm asking for the reasons why you think that way.

Oh don't worry, I understand, that's why I thought you were cool. I'm talking about the people who hated me for posting that. We're cool.

rain89c
04-08-2012, 07:52 PM
[QUOTE]Saying he links the Assassins to the British community and saying that he "steers away" from setting that have little western influence is, in my eyes at least, one form of calling someone racist. But Iīll let the matter rest because evreyone will view his words diifferently

Yes, probably similar to how you view my words differently than how I intended them to be interpreted. :)

America of what time period? The American Revolution as a setting is not at all overdone, or at least not as overdone as East Asian settings.

Same concept applies here, which East Asian setting time period?

Yes, thatīs very true, they would indeed make excellent settings, but my point was that the conspiracies, crime and exploitation that arose from colonisation provide a perfect backdrop for the AC franchise.

Yes good point, but my point was that a setting could work with its own conspiracies/ crime/exploitation that arose from within its own boundaries. Japan is perfect, why did Ninja arose? Why did Hashashins arose? They all came from within its own boundaries, not outside. A setting does not need the interference of Western influence to make another setting work. But it seems like Hutchinson WANTS to take it to that direction, where there HAS to be a Western presence for the setting to work.

dtisalive
04-11-2012, 02:52 PM
An AC game in India would be wonderful. It's been my one of my primary wishes as a setting for a long time (along with Victorian England and the French Revolution). If you're not convinced, you should read about its history. Unbelievably epic.

The idea of "western influence" sounds ridiculous. The truth is that many conflicts over the past millennium have occurred due to European exploration.
As for my opinions on the other settings, I feel Egypt might work if set around 30 BC (Cleopatra, Caesar era) with Amunet as the assassin (she was in one of the Assassin tombs). However, using a venomous asp to kill will probably not be the best gameplay idea. On the whole, brilliant idea, Mr. Hutchinson! India would be perfect for the AC universe. :)

Finally:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Video_games_set_in_feudal_Japan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Video_games_set_in_Egypt

dxsxhxcx
04-11-2012, 03:02 PM
An AC game in India would be wonderful. It's been my one of my primary wishes as a setting for a long time (along with Victorian England and the French Revolution). If you're not convinced, you should read about its history. Unbelievably epic.

The idea of "western influence" sounds ridiculous. The truth is that many conflicts over the past millennium have occurred due to European exploration.
As for my opinions on the other settings, I feel Egypt might work if set around 30 BC (Cleopatra, Caesar era) with Amunet as the assassin (she was in one of the Assassin tombs). However, using a venomous asp to kill will probably not be the best gameplay idea. On the whole, brilliant idea, Mr. Hutchinson! India would be perfect for the AC universe. :)

Finally:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Video_games_set_in_feudal_Japan
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Video_games_set_in_Egypt

the fact that she killed Cleopatra with that snake doesn't mean that's a "weapon" she uses often like a hidden blade or a sword for example..

Legendz54
04-11-2012, 03:20 PM
I really want a game in Greece or ancient Greece.... think about it, there are lots of beautiful and historical buildings like the parthenon you can also battle spartan and persian troops and it should take place in the (Persian war) time period. You can be able to meet Alexander the great and take place in some of the Indian battles with Greece.

stingray10
04-11-2012, 05:24 PM
I really want a game in Greece or ancient Greece.... think about it, there are lots of beautiful and historical buildings like the parthenon you can also battle spartan and persian troops and it should take place in the (Persian war) time period. You can be able to meet Alexander the great and take place in some of the Indian battles with Greece.

This.

beatledude210
04-11-2012, 08:50 PM
WWII would be horrible. I'm not exactly opposed to Japan or Egypt, but I think Spain during the age of discovery would be cool.

a1tairs
04-11-2012, 09:13 PM
ww1 for sure

tarrero
04-11-2012, 09:22 PM
[QUOTE=n00bfi_97;8225346]
Same concept applies here, which East Asian setting time period?

The guy and the developer (any MANY people here) were referring about the feudal wars, the japanese version of the european middle ages, from 700 AC to 1800 AC. Which, and please. try to overcome your feelings for ninjas and samurais, is one the MOST overused non modern/futuristic settings for videogames, movies, animes, and comics, along with WWII and wild west... Sure America has been featured TONS of times, but not its colonial version, think about it, how many protagonist have you ever seen holding a tomahawk in Boston vs how many protagonis have you seen holding a katana in an east Asia setting?.......

This is NOT about "western supremacy" LOL but facts, that one of the "core" values of this franchise is to find a new unexplored places to do, and sorry, feudal japan is everything but new.. May be the Meiji era, when japan opened to world, the late 19th century, that would be fresh though.

POP1Fan
04-11-2012, 09:53 PM
Why doesn't anyone understand that the Asian settings wouldn't work because of the structures which were supposed to be impossible to climb. And because the climbing is the most important gameplay element in AC I think you can get my point.

n00bfi_97
04-11-2012, 10:03 PM
[QUOTE=n00bfi_97;8225346]Yes good point, but my point was that a setting could work with its own conspiracies/ crime/exploitation that arose from within its own boundaries. Japan is perfect, why did Ninja arose? Why did Hashashins arose? They all came from within its own boundaries, not outside. A setting does not need the interference of Western influence to make another setting work. But it seems like Hutchinson WANTS to take it to that direction, where there HAS to be a Western presence for the setting to work.

That could too indeed work, but I personally believe colonisation provides more conspiracies, crime and exploitation. I'm not a Western suck-up either, but places where there are conflicts between two different cultures provide very interesting settings.

Serrachio
04-11-2012, 10:48 PM
I find it slightly odd that people are saying "Ubisoft has to choose an original setting!"

No they don't.

Granted, Feudal Japan might be overused in the games industry, and I'm not expecting a Ubisoft game there soon, but no-one should be thinking "Oh it's only ninjas and samurai!" or "OMG TOO MANY GAMEZ IN JAPAN!!1!"

As a game series, Assassin's Creed takes periods of history and makes them realistic but fun experiences. That does not guarantee that these time periods have to be brand-spanking new. If anyone was going to set Feudal Japan, or any other period in Japan, aside from the general consensus, it's the developers at Assassin's Creed.

rain89c
04-12-2012, 12:10 AM
The guy and the developer (any MANY people here) were referring about the feudal wars, the japanese version of the european middle ages, from 700 AC to 1800 AC. Which, and please. try to overcome your feelings for ninjas and samurais, is one the MOST overused non modern/futuristic settings for videogames, movies, animes, and comics, along with WWII and wild west...

Saying Ninjas are overdone is just an excuse, if Ninjas could fill in the role of Hashashins for the Japanese version of Assassins, then they'll make it work.
Assassins as a form of thief/stealthy/agile figure is also known to be overdone, has anyone on here said anything about that? No.
A lot of the objection for Japan/East Asia and Ninjas from people on this forum are just making silly excuses, excuses that the Dev team can easily make do-able.
I find it really funny that everyone on the forum go through lengths to find reasons to prevent East Asia from being considered for future AC games, but doesn't do the same for European settings .

Sure America has been featured TONS of times, but not its colonial version, think about it, how many protagonist have you ever seen holding a tomahawk in Boston vs how many protagonis have you seen holding a katana in an east Asia setting?.......
Oh you mean Ninja Gaiden? AC - Ninja Gaiden - two completely different genres.
Never seen a protagonist welding axes? Skyrim? Diablo2 Barbarian? etc? <- I'm just applying the same thinking method you're doing with Asia-setting-Ninja-Katana-overused here to show your flawed/biased thinking against Japan.

feudal japan is everything but new.. May be the Meiji era, when japan opened to world, the late 19th century, that would be fresh though.
Why must there be a requirement for a setting to be "opened" to the world to actually make viable?
Where did this rule come from?
Any independent ancient setting could work great without any outside intrusion/interferences/influences.
What? you're implying that only European influence can bring up conflicts/conspiracies for a setting outside of Europe to work?

Just because "Feudal" Japan has been a popular theme in the media, it doesn't mean that ALL of Japan's eras were overdone or even touched.
Same reason why you said America is overdone, but the Ameri Rev is not. Same concept applies to Japan.

tarrero
04-12-2012, 01:07 AM
S

Just because "Feudal" Japan has been a popular theme in the media, it doesn't mean that ALL of Japan's eras were overdone or even touched.
Same reason why you said America is overdone, but the Ameri Rev is not. Same concept applies to Japan.

Ok, I have ALWAYS said the "ninjas" fit into stealth and freerunning, but lets face it, even though Ubisoft could explore many things that general media (not only video games, as many devps have always said) have ignored, and that includes "overused settings" like WW2 as well. At least to me, it will be FAR more interesting to go to completely new place/era, just like Mughal Empire or Raj, in India, for instance. The deveps have said it for YEARS too, it is like their own version of the Ten Commandments:

1 Avoid eras when guns are mandatory, XX century onwards.

2 Common places for historic backgrounds .

And "feudal " Japan is one of those, just like pirates, Ancient Rome (Yes!!! I said it), wild west, WWII, etc etc. By the way, you have changed your position a little bit, back in the day, you did not admit "feudal" japan was overused, now you do, you are improving :D

And my final thought about this, many people here dislike the idea of Japan and East Asia at all, NOT ME!!!! I do only with the "cliche" one. Do you have any idea about why did I say "Japan opened to the world"????? Because Taisho Era is pretty cool in fact, many things going on, lots of parties involved, and mostly, it is relatively untouched, whereas Edo and Sengoku, ARE NOT!!!! Its only problem are the guns though....

De Filosoof
04-12-2012, 02:23 AM
It's nice to hear there won't be any WW2 and feudal Japan AC's soon :).
Even though it could still work if done right.

AlexEzio89
04-12-2012, 08:50 AM

yes is a fantastic setting

dtisalive
04-12-2012, 07:20 PM
the fact that she killed Cleopatra with that snake doesn't mean that's a "weapon" she uses often like a hidden blade or a sword for example..

True, although her canonical portrayal (in the form of concept art and the in-game sarcophagus) doesn't have a hidden blade and carries no weapons other than the snake. It doesn't mean she couldn't have used weapons, of course. As for the hidden blade, it has not been a hugely common item for assassins in the universe's ancient (fictional) timeline.

Classical Greece does sound nice, but there wouldn't be much assassinating to do in the Persian Wars. I mean, it's an all-out WAR - not a hidden conflict. There isn't much to do than assassinate the opposing King (as the Persian assassin Darius did). If they can somehow get a nice era, Greece could be pretty sweet. I still hold Colonial India at number one, though.:D

LoyalACFan
03-11-2013, 05:23 AM
I wouldn't want AC to go anywhere more recent than the American Revolution, since improved firearm technology would render AC-style combat obsolete, and I don't want another scene like the one we just got where Desmond breaks into Abstergo HQ armed with a hidden blade and a combat knife... -__-

Anyway, I'd love to go to London in AC. Getting a taste of the opera house in the opening scenes of AC3 was way cool. And even though somebody at Ubi denied it would ever happen, a feudal Japan AC would be unbelievably epic.

I-Like-Pie45
03-11-2013, 05:27 AM
Assassin's Creed: Dinosaurs edition

Please make it happen. :)

Jayden26
03-11-2013, 05:37 AM
Assassin's Creed: Terra Nullius
It would be AWESOME!!

Jayden26
03-11-2013, 05:38 AM
http://www.google.com.au/search?q=australia+federation+bridge&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=tF89UeOpGY2ziQenv4HACA&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=587#hl=en&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=australia+federation+bridge+painting&oq=australia+federation+bridge+painting&gs_l=img.3...11000.13019.0.13188.9.9.0.0.0.0.178.5 76.6j2.8.0...0.0...1c.1.5.img.3aKsPpMALnI&bav=on.2,or.r_qf.&bvm=bv.43287494,d.dGY&fp=c1f4a4e11bdd9a90&biw=1366&bih=587&imgrc=7YLdSG-Yk5PNwM%3A%3BOtXR5KF61g6dRM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fw ww.thecollectormm.com.au%252Fprivate%252FPrincesB1 908Paint.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.walkingmelbo urne.com%252Fforum%252Fviewtopic.php%253Ft%253D398 %3B800%3B524

Here is a great pic of it!

Black_Widow9
03-11-2013, 05:50 AM

Lol

mazohystic
03-11-2013, 06:24 AM
I don't have any specifics but I would really love future AC games to go back to AC1 in terms of being dropped into a completely unfamiliar (to the majority of non-hardcore-history-loving gamers that is) time period and location. I loved AC1 in that everything felt different. AC2 and ACB were fine. ACR was even better. AC3 felt too familiar (says the Canadian who doesn't know much about American history). While Black Flag seems to be a great mix up in terms of locations, I'm not a huge fan of the time period. I think a great time period wold be anything before the renaissance. Anything with more non-English languages to hear. :)

deskp
03-11-2013, 07:07 AM
Something very new please, and further back in time.

Something Roman empire perhaps! ..or something egyptian.

Assassin_M
03-11-2013, 07:09 AM
or something egyptian.
At your service. Would you like a mummy ?

Escappa
03-11-2013, 07:19 AM
Something very new please, and further back in time.

Something Roman empire perhaps! ..or something egyptian.

I would like that too. But somehow it feels to predictable.

ProletariatPleb
03-11-2013, 07:27 AM

That would be DICE's job...

RinoTheBouncer
03-11-2013, 08:00 AM
I want something with more Modern Day missions. They were the best, specially in ACIII.
You get to feel like this trip into the Animus is doing some results in real life not just some random revelations that happened ages ago.

LightRey
03-11-2013, 08:33 AM
Assassin's Creed: Mars, a game about a guy working at a Mars factory is kidnapped by aliens from Mars, where he finds a PoE which leaves him a message from the Roman "god" (TWCB) Mars, who sends him back in time to defend Marseille, sometimes referred to as "Mars", in a past war.

roostersrule2
03-11-2013, 08:50 AM
Assassins Creed: Batman, nuff said.

S.U.B.X.E.R.O
03-11-2013, 12:18 PM
To hear that AC Black Flag is set in the timeline of the pirate Blackbeard (early 18th cent) is a disappointment,
it will probably be an excellent game who doesn't like pirates!,...But there's just a better feeling about the older time periods.
The first ac game set in late 12 cent gave me the best wow factor. and then when Brotherhood hit us WOW! the first MP ac game (set 16 cent as was revelations) I could not put it down...
So my point is that i feel that ac is losing its true grit as ac 3 did not give the wow factor,the sweet majestic environment timeline of our predecessors was never ignited.
The American revolution is a interesting time as us english bastards trying to take everyone land......Again!....

Ac fans please comment i would like to know what your views are and what timeperiods you think eg england after roma 410AD (the dark ages) thanx.

mattduck69
03-11-2013, 12:23 PM
Assassins Creed: Batman, nuff said.

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5485749_700b.jpg

Escappa
03-11-2013, 12:29 PM
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5485749_700b.jpg

Wanted to say some cool mix between "assassin" and "bat-man"...but all I got was "AssMan"....nice pic though

roostersrule2
03-11-2013, 12:50 PM
http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5485749_700b.jpgOh my god, that's amazing.

mattduck69
03-11-2013, 12:53 PM
Wanted to say some cool mix between "assassin" and "bat-man"...but all I got was "AssMan"....nice pic though

ahahahhaa maybe...the dark assassin?

Escappa
03-11-2013, 12:54 PM
ahahahhaa maybe...the dark assassin?

Nah...I like AssMan ;)

mattduck69
03-11-2013, 01:01 PM
Nah...I like AssMan ;)
haha touch'e

roostersrule2
03-11-2013, 01:10 PM
Nah...I like ***, Man ;)Fixed it.

TheHumanTowel
03-11-2013, 01:13 PM
I'm a big fan of Late 19th early 20th century Russia. The politics of that era really lend themselves well to the Templars and Assassins. Not to mention the cities would be beautiful (Imagine climbing the Kremlin). Unfortunately they've already used this setting in The Fall comic which makes it unlikely they'd use it in a full game. The comic was really good it's just a shame for a setting with so much potential be used for that.

Escappa
03-11-2013, 01:14 PM
Fixed it.
How can you say no to this face :(
http://www.livinginsidehope.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/donkey.jpg

roostersrule2
03-11-2013, 01:19 PM
How can you say no to this face :(
http://www.livinginsidehope.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/donkey.jpgNro, **** it can't be done.

Spider_Sith9
03-11-2013, 01:27 PM
Well AC2 was basically Renaissance Batman soooo...

Feudal Japan/Ancient China/Victorian England/Modern Day/Future/Near-Future/Connor

Those are what I want the most. Maybe give us a playground in Modern Day as well. Or even multiple ones. I'd wait about 7 years for AC5 if I could get that. :3 Maybe the Eden as a person who isn't a slave. However, a game there would kill the franchise.

Mr_Shade
03-11-2013, 01:29 PM
lets try and get back to slightly more likely subjects...

Rugterwyper32
03-11-2013, 01:43 PM
I've mentioned my ideas for future time periods and locations before, but hey, this is the official topic.

My hopes are Dutch Revolt/30 years war, India during the Anglo-Maratha wars, Moorish Spain, Helenistic Greece or the classical Maya period. If it's Japan, I'd hope it would be at the very end of the feudal era and the beginning of the Meiji period, but honestly, I could do without it anyway. I'm more interested in the other ones I've mentioned, specially the 30 years war.

rob.davies2014
03-11-2013, 02:14 PM
I'd love to see Victorian London as an AC game.

rob.davies2014
03-11-2013, 02:17 PM
I was quite keen to see the French Revolution but since we've had both AC3 and AC4 in the 1700s I think we should move to a different time period. I don't feel like they've matched the jump from AC1 to AC2 yet. That was amazing!

pacmanate
03-11-2013, 02:24 PM
No :mad: I want Victorian England. Always have :'(

Escappa
03-11-2013, 02:26 PM
No :mad: I want Victorian England. Always have :'(

this.

roostersrule2
03-11-2013, 02:30 PM
French Revolution, with Connor.

ze_topazio
03-11-2013, 03:01 PM
Portugal and Spain during the Peninsular war.

MasterAssasin84
03-11-2013, 03:26 PM
As un original as people are saying i really want Far East Japan ( The Fuedal War ) or even Genghis Khan because in all fairness Altair has not had a complete game since he appeared in the first ever AC- the game could be based on the concept when went to meet the mongal threat.

Megas_Doux
03-11-2013, 03:43 PM
Some that I would REALLY like:

1 China during the Opium wars, Still east asia, but a "fresh" time nonetheless.
2 India during either Raj or Mughal Empire.
3 100 years War.
4 Victorian England.

YRTEP
03-11-2013, 04:15 PM
Assassin's Creed V: Wild West :D

I-Like-Pie45
03-11-2013, 04:18 PM

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/8/84064/1689281-cowboy_assassins_creed_super.jpg
Hmm... this really reminds me of something but I can't tell what. :(

MasterAssasin84
03-11-2013, 04:22 PM
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/8/84064/1689281-cowboy_assassins_creed_super.jpg
Hmm... this really reminds me of something but I can't tell what. :(

This is fan art im guessing , i cant help but notice the Hat is exactly then same as Achillies ?

roostersrule2
03-11-2013, 04:27 PM
hmm... This really reminds me of something but i can't tell what. :(rdr?

emperior
03-11-2013, 04:31 PM
Victorian London,
Spanish Naples,
Italy in 1860,
Ancient Rome.

LieutenantJojo
03-11-2013, 04:39 PM
Victorian London,
Spanish Naples,
Italy in 1860,
Ancient Rome.

I don't think we'll be seeing anything Italy-related soon. We already had 2 games set in Italy.

Personally I'd love to see London and Paris somewhere in future installments.

Maybe if they continue with Edward after AC4:BF, we'll get London. We know he returns to London at some point.

ze_topazio
03-11-2013, 05:31 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zXKtfKnfT8

ArabianFrost
03-11-2013, 05:43 PM
Assassin's Creed : Holland/Germany
However, if Ubisoft doesn't mind making games with popular demand then I would really like me some AC: England/France/China/Russia.

Goxxi
03-11-2013, 06:23 PM
Well since there will be alot of AC games in the future I am sure we will see practically all intresting historical settings in the series and for example when we gonna see French Revolution or something else is only a matter of time.

But I would like to see :

French Revolution
Brasil (in late 18 and early 19 century)
South America and Simon Bolivar
October Revolution
Also any ancient African civilisation would be intresting
French - Prussian war
Opium wars
100 years war
30 years war

Spider_Sith9
03-11-2013, 10:05 PM
Assassin's Creed : Holland/Germany
However, if Ubisoft doesn't mind making games with popular demand then I would really like me some AC: England/France/China/Russia.

Holland simple for some "Dutch Courage" :o.

Sushiglutton
03-11-2013, 10:09 PM
The Dawn Of Man. We play as one of the first Homo Sapiens hunting mammoths and saber-toothed tigers when we one day encounter the ones who came before...

emperior
03-11-2013, 11:04 PM
Would like to see Brazil !!!

MAD_HATTER_55
03-15-2013, 06:38 PM
Hey, so I've been playing the Assassin's Creed series since about 2009 when AC 2 came out and i was really interested with the characters and setting and thought it was a brilliant game, up until now (2013) when Ubisoft announced AC 4 Black Flag. I've watched all the trailers and read up on all the details on the new game, and to be honest it doesn't seem a bit interesting, firstly the game has gone backwards in time instead of the general direction that they have normally gone in (that one isn't really a complaint it's just a bit odd), secondly this game is most likely going to take place mainly in the ocean (now don't get me wrong i thought that idea was really cool but if it was part of the main story line then i wouldn't like to play fifteen hours of game time) and this (if it is true) diminishes the free running gameplay which was one of the reasons i loved the series. Thirdly i don't like the idea of 'Islands' to travel to and if i'm right in the 18th century there wasn't much buildings to climb and free run in the Caribbean islands. I'm not sure if i'm going to be very excited for this next installment, unlike the past Assassins Creed games.

I believe that the Ubisoft team that create and work on the AC franchise have completely missed a great period of history that the next AC game could be set in, (these are all my own ideas and are my personnel opinion on what i believe the next game should be like). The period of which i believe that would be interesting is 18th century England (mainly set in London) the reason I believe that this period of time is such a great idea for the Assassins Creed series is because there was an iconic figure during that time called '**** Turpin' also known as 'the highwayman' this character could be easily turned into an assassins creed character (or the assassin character could be a highwayman turned assassin). I also believe that if they chose this time period the setting would be spectacular, 18th century London is a diverse place where you could explore the streets whilst helping civilians or just assassinating guards. The architecture of London in that time period was amazing and would be great for free running because of it's tight corners and passage ways. Of course London wouldn't be the only place to explore, the story of **** Turpin revolves around the country and him stealing from the rich. You could go on horse back and ride through the country side whilst stealing from or assassinating Templars.

I would really love it if someone from Ubisoft could contact me and explain to me if this idea possible or not, and give me their honest opinion on what they think of this idea. For me this would be the best Assassins Creed game. This would also bring the original idea of the Assassins Creed series back unlike what they have done with the newest AC game (AC IV Black Flag) which is mainly based around ocean missions. PS if anyone doesn't know who the Highwayman was search him he was a very interesting character (the reason there are stars where is first name is because his name is D i c k Turpin)
(D i c k is short for Benedict) I know that even if this idea manages to get through into the ideas lab of Ubsioft it would probably pop up somewhere around in a AC V or VI.

Thanks

Assassin_M
03-15-2013, 07:08 PM
for the last damm time, the game will not MOSTLY nor entirely be set in the ocean...most of it is still on land. free running returns, land gameplay returns and walking returns...

I`m sorry, but it`s so silly when people automatically assume that just because it`s a pirates game, it`ll be mostly set in the ocean...

Megas_Doux
03-15-2013, 07:36 PM
La habana

http://www.vadejuegos.com/imagenes/2013/03/04/AC4BF_CA_SP_04_Havana_Cathedral_PublicPlace.jpg

One of the main cities to be featured in the game :cool:

Here a bigger render of that same picture

http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/images/d/d0/Caribbean_city_ACIV.jpg

In regards of settings, I would like to see India during the Mugha Empire or Raj, China in the midst of the Opium Wars and Victorian London.

AjinkyaParuleka
03-15-2013, 07:43 PM
And you say you read the reports?Lol its 60% land,40% Water,and whaling,gonna get pics to piss those PETA.

ze_topazio
03-15-2013, 07:56 PM
firstly the game has gone backwards in time instead of the general direction that they have normally gone in

Since when where you under the impression the games can only move foward in time?

As for new settings i'm okay with everything as long as it's not World War II, present time, Victorian London, French Revolution, my house, Japan, China and Egypt. http://imageftw.com/uploads/20130228/pictureem0.gif

shobhit7777777
03-15-2013, 08:01 PM
Vic London or Colonial India/ Pre-Colonial India (Heck any era India is awesome)

Spider_Sith9
03-16-2013, 03:59 AM
Since when where you under the impression the games can only move foward in time?

As for new settings i'm okay with everything as long as it's not World War II, present time, Victorian London, French Revolution, my house, Japan, China and Egypt. http://imageftw.com/uploads/20130228/pictureem0.gif

You just listed all the areas that everyone wants. :(

pirate1802
03-16-2013, 05:25 AM
Colonial India/ Pre-Colonial India (Heck any era India is awesome)

I second, third, fourth, fifth and infiniteth this notion.

roganyu
03-16-2013, 03:10 PM
I was hoping for an assassin in the modern times to be a funny ,clumsy hitman with a smg, pistol, retractable sword, and hidden blades. He will go do jobs in 2 towns and he can go in the animus to an assassin in china because it has a crossbow tat can shoot 10 bolts before reloading so it will have some shooting. In china it will be set in one of china's war such as the three kingdom war ( about when the repeating crossbow invented) and he will help some generals and still trying to fight Templars and armor will be back but it will give boasts like speed boast or attack boast. And I hope there will be better side quest that are interesting and fun unlike ac3's side quests.

Aphex_Tim
03-18-2013, 10:19 AM
The Dutch Golden Age came to mind.
Free-running around in Leiden or Amsterdam could be quite fun :o

ze_topazio
03-18-2013, 11:07 AM
The Dutch Golden Age came to mind.
Free-running around in Leiden or Amsterdam could be quite fun :o

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/034/4/c/assassin_s_creed_netherlands_by_twanneman-d5tq3c3.jpg

Aphex_Tim
03-18-2013, 11:21 AM
Holy crap! :eek:

DomdudeDaGreat
03-18-2013, 01:27 PM
I want an assassins creed in victorisn london...

FrankieSatt
03-18-2013, 01:56 PM
I'll say it again. STOP THE SERIES NOW. UbiSoft and the dev team are milking this "Cash Cow" to death and have now with ACIV showed that they don't care about the series anymore. It's all about milking the name Assassin's Creed for what it's worth. End the series with ACIV and let it go. Stop destroying the series by adding useless games that have nothing to do with Assassin's Creed anymore.

Aphex_Tim
03-18-2013, 02:02 PM
At least they're doing it with style.

pirate1802
03-18-2013, 02:19 PM
and have now with ACIV showed that they don't care about the series anymore.

..what AC IV got leaked? Dafuq!

ze_topazio
03-18-2013, 02:42 PM
I'll say it again. STOP THE SERIES NOW. UbiSoft and the dev team are milking this "Cash Cow" to death and have now with ACIV showed that they don't care about the series anymore. It's all about milking the name Assassin's Creed for what it's worth. End the series with ACIV and let it go. Stop destroying the series by adding useless games that have nothing to do with Assassin's Creed anymore.

They have been doing it since AC2 turn out a huge sucess, you only noticed that now?!

Spider_Sith9
03-18-2013, 05:14 PM
http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2013/034/4/c/assassin_s_creed_netherlands_by_twanneman-d5tq3c3.jpg

That looks awesome. Style reminds me of the guy who did the Chinese AC art so that's a plus too. :3

Brincat24
03-18-2013, 05:21 PM
I have been playing Assassin's Creed ever since the first one was released in 2007. After ending Assassin's Creed: Revelations and before beginning Assassin's Creed III an idea occurred to me which might be of little interest to developers (I understand that most ideas are ignored, but even as an idea for discussion on the forum would be worth it). Basically the setting would talk place during The Great Siege of Malta during 1565. This would be a sequel to the Ezio timeline (which I must admit would be milking the character too much). However, there is a discrepancy of 41 years since the death of Ezio and the actual Siege taking place, so the addition of an ancestor would not be a bad idea.

To summarize, this took place after the Ottoman Empire decided to attack the island to take advantage of it's strategic position in wars in general (since it is located in the middle of the Mediterranean). With help from the Romans (The Knights of Rhodes to be exact) the island overcame the attacks and won the Seige.

Now to not be too specific, I believe that it might not be that bad idea for a game, making it a prequel that splits up the era of the Pirates (Assassin's Creed: Black Flag and the 16th Century). Of course, such a thought might not be shared by other people who also have ideas. However, I would like your honest opinions.

Thanks.

ze_topazio
03-18-2013, 05:34 PM
That looks awesome. Style reminds me of the guy who did the Chinese AC art so that's a plus too. :3

I found it on Deviantart, it's from a different guy, but, indeed, it looks really good.

RinoTheBouncer
03-18-2013, 05:56 PM
Sumerian reign or ancient Egypt with all the pyramids and the wonderful stuff playing an essential role.
I also LOVE to have a game in the times of the First Civilization, pre and post Toba Catastrophe.

FrankieSatt
03-18-2013, 08:33 PM
They have been doing it since AC2 turn out a huge sucess, you only noticed that now?!

Brotherhood and Revelations weren't bad. They were not as good as ACII but they weren't bad. ACIII was horrible. I forced myself to play it again, my opinion hasn't changed. I would say it started with ACIII but it doesn't matter where it started, I just know it needs to stop. ACIV needs to be the last game they make.

Mae5tro975
03-18-2013, 08:40 PM
If they did go with Victorian England, then some pre-Russian Revolutionary intrigue could be incorporated, as London was chock full of Narodnaya Volya exiles (and Ochrana agents hunting them), and the time period features a man who has the potential to be one of the series greatest villains: Basil Zaharoff, aka The Merchant of Death, one of the real life inspirations for Professor Moriarty. They could also feature the Hermeticists, and maybe develop them as a formidable third party. Nikola Tesla could fill Leonardo Da Vinci's role in AC2. The East End was pretty crime ridden, providing ample opportunities for pickpocketing. It would also provide ample opportunities for a new combat system, as more people have guns, and the billy club was more common for melee combat. The Janisssary/Jager role could be filled by either the Beefeaters or the Gendarmes. I would recommend not limiting it to London though, having some of the action take place in Paris and St. Petersburg.

hellomrdarcy
03-18-2013, 08:45 PM

this actually made me laugh. I think it looks.... funny

IrishAssassinTC
03-19-2013, 01:15 AM
Instead of just victorian "England", it should take place in the entire british isles. This way you could have three countries of England, Scotland, and Ireland. The hideout could be on the isle of man in the middle of the irish sea. I know I would love nothing more than being an assassin from Ireland. it could be a great setting with having the three different governments plotting against the others. And being the assassin, assassinating for some countries against the others or just killing those that are getting out of control, different dukes, kings, and other figures of power.

Assassin_M
03-19-2013, 01:24 AM
Brotherhood and Revelations weren't bad. They were not as good as ACII but they weren't bad. ACIII was horrible. I forced myself to play it again, my opinion hasn't changed. I would say it started with ACIII but it doesn't matter where it started, I just know it needs to stop. ACIV needs to be the last game they make.
Then stop buying the games....Every game has sold extremely well, AC III being horrible is your opinion alone. It does not represent me...

AC III was the best in the series, imo...it was a commercial success as well as critical (not as AC II)

IrishAssassinTC
03-19-2013, 02:00 AM
Ok I need to disagree a little bit. I have played threw each assassin's creed games as they came out in that order. All, so far, have been fantastic. ACIII is not the best. Graphics and gameplay sure, but best noway. no offense to the native american who voiced Connor, but the way he spoke english made him sound mentally challenged and just dumb. Altair and Ezio were both amazing game characters with such depth, but lets all get honest Connor was pretty lame. They do need to get back to the base creed. Fighting "for" the brotherhood instead of selfish means. Altair regaining respect in AC1 was the best part of all games, they should get back to that. And to your last statement, AC3 sold so well because it was a change of pase that followed ezio's shadow, but it was not as "AMAZING" as it appeared. I can't wait for AC4, but all have still been amazing dont get me wrong, but they should not stop making Assassin's Creed, like many have been saying.

silvermercy
03-19-2013, 02:05 AM
Ok I need to disagree a little bit. I have played threw each assassin's creed games as they came out in that order. All, so far, have been fantastic. ACIII is not the best. Graphics and gameplay sure, but best noway. no offense to the native american who voiced Connor, but the way he spoke english made him sound mentally challenged and just dumb. Altair and Ezio were both amazing game characters with such depth, but lets all get honest Connor was pretty lame. They do need to get back to the base creed. Fighting "for" the brotherhood instead of selfish means. Altair regaining respect in AC1 was the best part of all games, they should get back to that. And to your last statement, AC3 sold so well because it was a change of pase that followed ezio's shadow, but it was not as "AMAZING" as it appeared. I can't wait for AC4, but all have still been amazing dont get me wrong, but they should not stop making Assassin's Creed, like many have been saying.
Is it because I'm not native English speaker that I found Connor's voice the best out of all assassins? I keep hearing that and I wonder if this criticism comes only from native English speakers? I believe there was a video where it was clearly explained why Connor sounded that way. There was a lot of thought behind it. He was supposed to sound that way.

I don't think Connor was lame. He had various disadvantages in the game of course, but lame he was not.

Assassin_M
03-19-2013, 02:07 AM
but lets all get honest Connor was pretty lame. .
Uhh no.I can disagree. I prefer him over Ezio..he and Altair share the same standing for me..

And selfish means ? Please...play the game again...Connor is anything BUT selfish..sometimes I feel like some people that played the game were not paying ANY attention..

and the fact remains...the game sold 12 million copies well 4 months after its initial release...

IrishAssassinTC
03-19-2013, 02:12 AM
Is it because I'm not native English speaker that I found Connor's voice the best out of all assassins? I keep hearing that and I wonder if this criticism comes only from native English speakers? I believe there was a video where it was clearly explained why Connor sounded that way. There was a lot of thought behind it. He was supposed to sound that way.

I don't think Connor was lame. He had various disadvantages in the game of course, but lame he was not.

Thanks for the perspective of a person who has english as a second language. I undertand what you mean by not lame, but I feel that he was almost not even part of the brotherhood. The only other assassin who was even there was Achilles. He recruited the others and the there were some other political leaders who he helped but he didn't feel like a real part of the brotherhood and sepperated from the rest of the world. I wish they would have put more actual assassin's in the colonial america period.

Assassin_M
03-19-2013, 02:14 AM
Thanks for the perspective of a person who has english as a second language. I undertand what you mean by not lame, but I feel that he was almost not even part of the brotherhood. The only other assassin who was even there was Achilles. He recruited the others and the there were some other political leaders who he helped but he didn't feel like a real part of the brotherhood and sepperated from the rest of the world. I wish they would have put more actual assassin's in the colonial america period.
It`s a part of the narrative...The Assassins were decimated by the Templars at that time...the game was not supposed to feel like you`re part of a brotherhood, because it intentionally added the element of the Assassins being gone...

silvermercy
03-19-2013, 02:15 AM
Thanks for the perspective of a person who has english as a second language. I undertand what you mean by not lame, but I feel that he was almost not even part of the brotherhood. The only other assassin who was even there was Achilles. He recruited the others and the there were some other political leaders who he helped but he didn't feel like a real part of the brotherhood and sepperated from the rest of the world.
No prob!

That was the main story point though: being isolated from the Brotherhood.

monster_rambo
03-19-2013, 02:16 AM
Uhh no.I can disagree. I prefer him over Ezio..he and Altair share the same standing for me..

And selfish means ? Please...play the game again...Connor is anything BUT selfish..sometimes I feel like some people that played the game were not paying ANY attention..

and the fact remains...the game sold 12 million copies well 4 months after its initial release...

You do realize that commercial success is not equivocal to the quality of the game right? Much of the success of ACIII came from the heavy marketing campaign and the hype it generated. Although it was well received by many fans of the series, it had its downfalls and failures, and it has drawn criticism from some fans of the series.

silvermercy
03-19-2013, 02:19 AM
You do realize that commercial success is not equivocal to the quality of the game right? Much of the success of ACIII came from the heavy marketing campaign and the hype it generated. Although it was well received by many fans of the series, it had its downfalls and failures, and it has drawn criticism from some fans of the series.
Maybe, but I have the feeling that most people who bought it were patriotic Americans, not AC fans. lol I'd be interested to see sales in America vs other countries if someone has them... Sometimes marketing helps by targeting specific groups and interests.

Assassin_M
03-19-2013, 02:20 AM
You think I don't agree that quality is dropping ? of course I agree, but the games continue to sell and that`s the point...they seem to be listening to us...on paper at least

IrishAssassinTC
03-19-2013, 02:22 AM
I guess I just didn't enjoy his story as much as ezio's or altair's, I just enjoy the fighting within greater conflicts more (crusades), I must not like the native language because its far off of what I speak, English as a first language, and also speaking gaelic and german

ShamrockerNinja
03-19-2013, 02:25 AM
Anyway, I'd love to go to London in AC. Getting a taste of the opera house in the opening scenes of AC3 was way cool. And even though somebody at Ubi denied it would ever happen, a feudal Japan AC would be unbelievably epic.

YES. London, Wales, Ireland, Scotland. The whole shabang.

monster_rambo
03-19-2013, 03:20 AM
You think I don't agree that quality is dropping ? of course I agree, but the games continue to sell and that`s the point...they seem to be listening to us...on paper at least

I know. But, commercial success may misled the developers to think that the way they are designing the game is right. There is little need to implement for change. Of course they talk about how they are trying to design the AC assassination system and other stuff back to what it once were but how much of it do we know is true? If we truly want it them to realize what we desire, there needs to be a backlash. For example, after the E3 launch of Splinter Cell Blacklist, people went ape**** over the fact that there is zero stealth in the game and Michael Ironside is removed. Look at what they did now, the reintroduce systems back from Chaos Theory and stealth system because there was enough people complaining about it. Same thing needs to happen for AC if our voices want to be heard.

Assassin_M
03-19-2013, 03:25 AM
I know. But, commercial success may misled the developers to think that the way they are designing the game is right. There is little need to implement for change. Of course they talk about how they are trying to design the AC assassination system and other stuff back to what it once were but how much of it do we know is true? If we truly want it them to realize what we desire, there needs to be a backlash. For example, after the E3 launch of Splinter Cell Blacklist, people went ape**** over the fact that there is zero stealth in the game and Michael Ironside is removed. Look at what they did now, the reintroduce systems back from Chaos Theory and stealth system because there was enough people complaining about it. Same thing needs to happen for AC if our voices want to be heard.
YES !! complain. lets face it, people are going to buy the games no matter what, BUT...why make them stop making the games ? Why not keep complaining until they make better games ? and from the way they speak about AC III, it`s obvious that they`re not mislead...they know AC III disappointed a lot and are acknowledging it.

Eternal Reward
03-19-2013, 03:33 AM
I really do feel like the United Kingdom + Ireland needs to be done.

Though, Ancient Egypt definitely has the diversity and culture for an AC title.

Mae5tro975
03-19-2013, 04:00 AM
Instead of just victorian "England", it should take place in the entire british isles. This way you could have three countries of England, Scotland, and Ireland. The hideout could be on the isle of man in the middle of the irish sea. I know I would love nothing more than being an assassin from Ireland. it could be a great setting with having the three different governments plotting against the others. And being the assassin, assassinating for some countries against the others or just killing those that are getting out of control, different dukes, kings, and other figures of power.

There was a failed Irish uprising at some point during Victoria's reign. It would be limiting to confine it to one city when most games give us three. The main character being Irish would give him an outside perspective, a more critical view of Perfidious Albion than your average Englishman. Basil Zaharoff should still be one of the main villains, manipulating those governments as you describe.

The Fall implies that that Andrei Orelov (Nikolai's dad) was one of the greatest Assassins of the Victorian era. He was actually not Russian, he moved there at some point to help expand the Russian chapter of the Brotherhood. He could've been with the British Assassins but left the British Isles after being kicked out or ordered to "help our brothers and sisters in Russia". Unlike Nikolai, Andrei was a firm believer in the Brotherhood and their goals. I sense a pattern forming: Andrei Orelov, Edward Kenway, and William Miles were all loyal members of the Assassins, while their sons were considerably less enamored with it.

LoyalACFan
03-19-2013, 05:08 AM
Maybe, but I have the feeling that most people who bought it were patriotic Americans, not AC fans. lol I'd be interested to see sales in America vs other countries if someone has them... Sometimes marketing helps by targeting specific groups and interests.

I don't really think patriotism had anything to do with it... Having such a blatantly pro-American marketing campaign may have actually hurt their sales in other countries, but probably didn't affect the US that much. Americans don't care about the bias, since it's us that the marketing was glorifying, but I don't think anybody thought "Oh yeah, this guy's an American hero, imma buy this Day 1!" Conversely, there was plenty of kvetching from other nationalities who were completely turned off by it...

St41rw4y2H34V3N
03-19-2013, 10:03 AM
I've got an idea. I want a Wild West and a Victorian England game. Wild West (to me) is around 1885 (This notion was given to me by Back to the Future Part III). Victorian England, which I define as when Queen Victoria ruled, is also around 1885. Why not have two brothers (Same dad, one American mom and one English mom) who are Assassin's and you play both story lines (either one fully then the next or jumping between them, one Act is America the next is English).http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_q_WGHXnqn-Q/TRorbmQPX9I/AAAAAAAABXU/eLwlXEp3MMM/s1600/London+Law+Courts.jpg

rebelguy007
03-19-2013, 10:26 AM

You forget Wales!

Assassin_M
03-19-2013, 10:28 AM
I wish people would have realistic wishes...

Aphex_Tim
03-19-2013, 10:54 AM

Never!

I want Assassin's Creed IN SPACE!

pirate1802
03-19-2013, 11:09 AM
Never!

I want Assassin's Creed IN SPACE!

Too primitive. How about Assassins Creed IN SPACE AND 2000 YEARS IN THE FUTURE?!

Aphex_Tim
03-19-2013, 11:11 AM
Or a long time ago.
In a galaxy far, far away....

pirate1802
03-19-2013, 11:12 AM
A long time ago.
In a galaxy far, far away....

..there lived an Assassin called The Shepard.. :p

roostersrule2
03-19-2013, 11:13 AM
..there lived an Assassin called The Shepard.. :pUse the blade, Shepard.

pirate1802
03-19-2013, 11:14 AM
Surely you mean the Omniblade?

Aphex_Tim
03-19-2013, 11:15 AM
"Report to the ship as soon as possible. We'll bang, okay?"

roostersrule2
03-19-2013, 11:15 AM
Lets land on that Assassin Den, that's no Assassin Den that's a Borgia Tower.

pirate1802
03-19-2013, 12:33 PM
that's no Assassin Den that's a Borgia Tower.

Hmm.. This takes me back.. Something related to space stations xD

Mae5tro975
03-19-2013, 02:50 PM

Wanting Basil Zaharoff to be an AC villain is a very realistic wish. Sure, the main Assassin character would not be able to kill him, but there are ways around that, as Ezio did not kill Rodrigo Borgia and Connor did not kill Benedict Arnold (at least not in regular continuity). As a mixture of Manuel Palaialogos and Professor Moriarty, Zaharoff would have no problem acquiring the services of a Shakulu-style badass that could cross blades with our hero.

And if the series ever visited Egypt, it should be during the Napoleon campaign.

Spider_Sith9
03-19-2013, 06:08 PM
Surely you mean the Omniblade?

"The Catalyst is The Citadel."

JohnnyInksDotCom
03-19-2013, 06:54 PM
Its crazy that no one is pushing for Vikings to be in ACV, it would be the grittiest one to date, c'mon ubi, VIKINGS!, and look at the title ACV(Vikings)

pirate1802
03-19-2013, 06:56 PM
Its crazy that no one is pushing for Vikings to be in ACV, it would be the grittiest one to date, c'mon ubi, VIKINGS!, and look at the title ACV(Vikings)

And take more dirt to the face for "deviating from its roots" ?

Aphex_Tim
03-19-2013, 07:00 PM
Well, it seems any direction Ubi will steer the franchise in will have it "deviate from its roots" according to most players.
I honestly don't care anymore what anyone else thinks. I'm just really glad Ubi's not releasing the same game over and over again!

pirate1802
03-19-2013, 07:08 PM
Well, it seems any direction Ubi will steer the franchise in will have it "deviate from its roots" according to most players.
I honestly don't care anymore what anyone else thinks. I'm just really glad Ubi's not releasing the same game over and over again!

Exactly. If they are intent on releasing one every year (which I don't like btw), better "deviate from the roots" and give us something new than give us the same game over and over again.

UrDeviant1
03-19-2013, 07:19 PM
At this point with the yearly releases I wouldn't mind if AC went to Japan and got full on Ninja. Currently I feel the games are being stifled by Ubisofts need for realism. I love AC and don't want it going stale the way some people already feel it has.

Bastiaen
03-19-2013, 07:57 PM
I would love something set in Medieval/ Renaissance Germany or Austria, maybe Switzerland. Love the architecture. Not too familiar with the history. 18th Century Poland during their first attempt at democracy. Anything Poland as long as we're in Warsaw. Anything Slavic. South America during colonial times, (I was actually hoping for that Brazillian AC4 rumor). Dutch golden age! I'd be really happy about any game where they spoke a bunch of Dutch. Russian Revolution. I like the idea of a Slavic setting.... Ancient Mayan and/ or The Spanish Conquest (love the idea of a female Assassin in this context). Altair and company taking on the Mongols. I do like Medieval China. American Civil war would be fun. I don't want WWII, but I'd love WWI, in Flanders.
Random kinda stupid thought.... The future, but not all Sci-fi. Kinda post apocalyptic (after Juno)... No zombies or crap, but Just destroyed cities being overgrown by nature, with no real system, but enclaves of humans hiding from Juno.

Mr_Shade
03-19-2013, 07:59 PM
I want lightsabres...

Aphex_Tim
03-19-2013, 08:35 PM
I want lightsabres...

http://www.forevergeek.com/wp-content/media/2011/06/starwars_assassinscreed-470x376.png