PDA

View Full Version : New Allman Brothers Pack???

Your Mom Taps
03-07-2013, 05:52 PM
So go into the songs download to see if maybe incubus has been fixed yet, and what do I see beside Whipping Post...Part of Allman Brothers Pack. Interesting.
This was on xbox.

mbarsott
03-07-2013, 06:07 PM
Cool... I'm waiting on an Allman Brothers pack and on a David Bowie pack to download their songs to the PC.

toymachinesh
03-07-2013, 06:24 PM
Where exactly does it say that? On the actual Rocksmith marketplace or the XBL store?

Your Mom Taps
03-07-2013, 06:43 PM
Yes this was in the actual game marketplace, you know where is says whats in the track - combo, bass, authentic tone, part of pack.

toymachinesh
03-07-2013, 06:50 PM
Ok let me go take a screen shot

Your Mom Taps
03-07-2013, 07:00 PM
ok

toymachinesh
03-07-2013, 07:26 PM
http://i.imgur.com/6VzWk4z.png

rcole_sooner
03-07-2013, 07:36 PM
You know that song was part of a mega-pack. I wonder it is left over from that?

dm_gsxr
03-07-2013, 08:46 PM
Same issue with Blue Oyster Cult. I was getting the new stuff and Burnin' For You said it was part of the Blue Oyster Cult pack. I had to go look and sure enough, the other two BOC songs (Godzilla and Don't Fear The Reaper) are in the BOC pack. Sounds like they're just reorganizing the songs as they add one new one. Good for folks who are new to the game and just want BOC or AB and not an assortment pack (I wonder if the previous classic rock packs have been broken apart). In fact, I don't remember if I saw the misc packs when I was scrolling through the list. I may be wrong though as I wasn't looking for them.

Carl

LvlNinety9
03-07-2013, 09:10 PM
If I remember correctly they are splitting up the packs into the different bands. All the mixed packs were gone. that's if I remember correctly.

Bob_Sacamano
03-07-2013, 10:08 PM
Would two ABB songs comprise a pack?

Seems like it has always been three songs in the past. I can't help but wonder if this is a leak that we're getting another ABB song.

toymachinesh
03-08-2013, 06:48 AM
Would two ABB songs comprise a pack?

Seems like it has always been three songs in the past. I can't help but wonder if this is a leak that we're getting another ABB song.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ky82lzKzAX1qaenv0.jpg

SeattleSauve
03-08-2013, 07:49 AM
I'm calling ramblin' man...

CrazedRacer
03-08-2013, 12:53 PM
I'm calling ramblin' man...

...and Melissa.

I'd buy that pack. :)

rcole_sooner
03-08-2013, 03:44 PM
Melissa, that is the song I was trying to think of last night.

toymachinesh
03-08-2013, 03:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1jpQu6qR1E

rcole_sooner
03-08-2013, 04:01 PM
Maybe it will be a 5 pack? :D

A little Statesboro.

toiviservo
03-08-2013, 11:06 PM
Hoping for midnight rider

Bob_Sacamano
03-09-2013, 12:37 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G1jpQu6qR1E

I think Statesboro is in open E. At least Duane Allman's part. Although maybe Allman's part would work in regular tuning.

All of the suggestions seem to indicate that they have a ton of songs that would be viable for this platform though.

toymachinesh
03-09-2013, 01:07 AM
Indeed! Here's a little write up regarding it:

http://theherofeed.com/5547/another-allman-brothers-band-song-coming-soon/

As I mentioned in the article maybe a Bowie Pack is possible as well? Ziggy plz

RokDog007
03-09-2013, 01:15 AM
I'm gonna go out on a limb & say its part of a Southern Rock Pack

toiviservo
03-09-2013, 01:34 AM
I'm gonna go out on a limb & say its part of a Southern Rock Pack

This would be a great thing. Thats a chance for more skynyrd :)

ghmorello
03-09-2013, 01:36 AM

And more CCR.

RokDog007
03-09-2013, 02:35 AM
.38 Specdial
Molly Hatchet
Marshall Tucker
the Outlaws
ZZ

Falcon_ManGold
03-09-2013, 02:42 AM

And more CCR.

Ramblin' Man, Simple Man, and Fortunate Son.

A boy can dream, can't he?

toymachinesh
03-09-2013, 02:43 AM
Multiple Artists don't get packs though...

Falcon_ManGold
03-09-2013, 02:58 AM
Multiple Artists don't get packs though...

What I said was in reference to there potentially being a Southern Rock pack, which if it included a song by the Allman Brothers would give them three songs total, and justify the release of an Allman Brothers pack given that artist packs traditionally have included at least three songs.

Or am I completely off base? I am unsure what exactly you were calling into question.

SeattleSauve
03-09-2013, 04:08 AM
What toy was saying is there aren't mixed artist packs (the large 15 song packs were an exception to get people who were new caught up on DLC), so if there is a pack here it is much more likely to be an Allman Brother's pack which would include Jessica, Whipping Post, and whatever new songs they add. I'm thinking if there's 3 songs that third song would be Ramblin' Man, but who knows.

Falcon_ManGold
03-09-2013, 04:32 AM
I see now that the point of suspect was that we were referring to this hypothetical release as a "Southern Rock pack," when in reality the release would be called something like, "Southern Rock Hits" (much like the other ubiquitous rock collection releases) since the songs are sold individually and not as a package deal. And I understand the "error" in our discussion now.

However, I feel that this is a pedantic and redundant point to seize upon, since these songs would still be released as a package, just not sold as a package. Our usage of the term pack relied on the traditional definition of package, not the functional definition which Ubisoft has applied to pack, but the impact that this distinction has upon the discussion at hand is entirely negligible.

Whatever, I'll be more careful in future then I suppose.

rcole_sooner
03-09-2013, 04:43 AM
Good, let's keep this focused on the ABB "hint", otherwise this becomes a DLC request thread and will be closed.

SeattleSauve
03-09-2013, 05:26 AM
I see now that the point of suspect was that we were referring to this hypothetical release as a "Southern Rock pack," when in reality the release would be called something like, "Southern Rock Hits" (much like the other ubiquitous rock collection releases) since the songs are sold individually and not as a package deal. And I understand the "error" in our discussion now.

However, I feel that this is a pedantic and redundant point to seize upon, since these songs would still be released as a package, just not sold as a package. Our usage of the term pack relied on the traditional definition of package, not the functional definition which Ubisoft has applied to pack, but the impact that this distinction has upon the discussion at hand is entirely negligible.

Whatever, I'll be more careful in future then I suppose.

Yeah, the point of the thread is there's a 'pack' found which is associated with the current allman brother's song (as seen in the picture toy posted). So the rest of this thread is discussing what the other songs in that particular pack would be... In this case it's a pack as defined by UBI for which there are really no multi-artist packs. So... It's really most likely to be an allman brother's pack.

Falcon_ManGold
03-09-2013, 06:10 AM
Yeah, the point of the thread is there's a 'pack' found which is associated with the current allman brother's song (as seen in the picture toy posted). So the rest of this thread is discussing what the other songs in that particular pack would be... In this case it's a pack as defined by UBI for which there are really no multi-artist packs. So... It's really most likely to be an allman brother's pack.

Oh yeah I certainly understood the initial premise to this discussion, it suggests that we have at least one more Allman Brothers song coming our way. And it is certainly possible that only Allman Brothers songs will be added and we could have multiple to look forward too.

But I'm currently under the presumption that it will be a situation much like the Blue Oyster Cult Pack that was released this weekend, which I'm sure came out because of the release of the "Rock Hits 80s 2" collection and its inclusion of another BOC piece. So it's likely that we'll see just one more Allman Brothers song, included in some "______ Rock Hits" pack. [EDIT: I mean collection. I done it again.]

I personally liked the suggestion of a potential Southern Rock collection, since it could easily support an Allman title, along with a potential Lynyrd Skynyrd and/or CCR song, which would also bring those artists closer to their own pack release. And if Ubisoft is wishing to profit by creating more artist packs I think that it'd be a good move, thus lending some plausibility or credence (like the pun?) to such a pack.

It's all speculative though. And don't misinterpret this all as some convoluted DLC request rcole haha. I understand your concern as topics can easily become derailed, but it's reasonable to expect that talking about a prospective Allman release will lead to minor tangential discussions on other southern rock bands.

CrazedRacer
03-09-2013, 11:58 AM
We've never seen more than 3 songs get the belated Artist pack treatment, at this point. I figure that will continue. If this really is set up to be a pack (and there's no reason to think otherwise, since we seem to be getting repeat artists pretty regularly), I'm guessing a 3 song southern rock release, of which 1 is an ABB song.

TonyFarkas
03-09-2013, 01:10 PM
an ABB pack?
midnight rider would be full of win