PDA

View Full Version : Do you think they'll Rehash the Animations from AC3 to AC4:BF?

ToniTorsi
03-07-2013, 04:36 PM
Ubisoft had it easy with rehashing Animations for Assassins Creed 2, Brotherhood and Revelations because at least the games were very great experiences at the time of their release.

But the series is being released on a yearly basis, which urges me to not trust their work ethics in some levels. Especially after how Assassins Creed 3 had so much hype going for it and didn't delivered in some fronts and to top it off added a sense of Fatigue to the franchise. But nonetheless... they greatly took a step forward in the Animations department and gave the game a "fresher" and more "realistic" look.

Do you think they'll rehash the Animations from Assassins Creed 3? Opinion?

pirate1802
03-07-2013, 05:03 PM
Given that AC3 had darn good animations, I think they should use them for the time being rather than waste time in making new ones for each game.

Sushiglutton
03-07-2013, 05:04 PM
Desmond, Haytham and Connor all moved the same more or less. I think they will let a lot of animations carry over to Edward, which is the smart thing to do imo. There will be new brutal kill animations ofc.

prince162010
03-07-2013, 05:07 PM
i don't think so:(

ProletariatPleb
03-07-2013, 05:41 PM
Given that AC3 had darn good animations, I think they should use them for the time being rather than waste time in making new ones for each game.
-_-

pirate1802
03-07-2013, 05:45 PM
-_-

-___-

ProletariatPleb
03-07-2013, 05:48 PM
-___-
They wouldn't fit, Connor's style is different and Edward's should be different, obviously some can be reused but not all.

Kirokill
03-07-2013, 05:49 PM
In the trailer when he kills the man for the woman. You can clearly see that his assassination was similar to Rotonkhake:ton. and his hidden blade was ''fat'' so I doubt he can carry it as a knife like Achillies blades. Also his block to the enemies before countering them looks like Connor's as well.

pirate1802
03-07-2013, 05:56 PM
They wouldn't fit, Connor's style is different and Edward's should be different, obviously some can be reused but not all.

That was kinda what i was implying, sorry if it didn't came out that way.. my englees is bad.

What i was saying ki reuse the animations which you can and create the rest. You shouldn't recreate 100% new animations from the grounds up just because you should do something new in a new game.

AjinkyaParuleka
03-07-2013, 06:04 PM
Dual Swords.... I smell new animations.

rileypoole1234
03-07-2013, 06:43 PM
Well they've been working on it for about 2 years so I think new animations are to be expected...

deskp
03-07-2013, 06:45 PM
They vay Connor runs is somewhat specific, he looks like hes playing american football or soemthing, I think Edward will get some new animations. Maybe not all, but jsut like Desmond had some Unique stuff, so should Edwrd.

TorQue1988
03-07-2013, 06:49 PM
In and interview they said Edward will have brand new animations. Also the game will have significantly fewer cut-scenes than previous games.

ToniTorsi
03-08-2013, 05:59 AM
In and interview they said Edward will have brand new animations. Also the game will have significantly fewer cut-scenes than previous games.

This would greatly please me if it were to be true.

If this is the case, they are adopting an excellent developing strategy by adding new sets animations so that the experience of taking the role of an Assassin feels fresh, immersive and top notch in every installment.

Which in turn reinvigorates the fun factor of the gameplay mechanics in the long run. And in my experience: Gameplay ----> Story and anything else.

Ubisoft should always take incentive on making the gameplay a "fail-safe" in case other game components don't exactly turn out the way they expected.

Because lets be honest, after Revelations, Ubisoft's been having hard time recreating the grandiose magic AC2 and Brotherhood.

But as long as the gameplay stays fresh, fun and timeless... I'm Game. ;)

ProletariatPleb
03-08-2013, 06:41 AM
The game will have significantly fewer cut-scenes than previous games.
Which one? Can you provide a link? If it's true tho...
Yes! yes! yes! yes! yes! please do that, I want to play a game, not watch a movie. All these additions of "epic" scenes has brought "cinematic" fans plaguing our media. Cutscenes can make a game with a completely **** story look good therefore the fewer the better.

Legendz54
03-08-2013, 06:42 AM
Since its 4 I dont think so.

xx-pyro
03-08-2013, 08:46 AM
Holy crap OP is it necessary for you to have 2 giant GIFS in your sig? As for resused animations, I sure hope so for most of them. Let the team spend their time on something else, I didn't mind Connor's animations they aren't a thing I see necessary to devote a lot of time to.

LoyalACFan
03-08-2013, 08:50 AM
Some of the climbing ones might be reused, but the combat ones are definitely going to be new. I mean... two swords, no tomahawk, no swiveling hidden blade. I can't think of a single AC3 move that could be carried over, except maybe firing a gun or some of the fist-fighting ones. And Connor's running animation would look strange on Edward, I think.