PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed IV, Clap or Cringe?

STDlyMcStudpants
03-07-2013, 05:29 AM
Assassins Creed is my favorite game series. It has the best gaming story I've ever played. But who's story TRULY had us all coming back?
We hate being pulled out of the animus. I would love more than anything if they kept this part of the game as cut scenes or QTE. Though I hated it...I LOVED IT. The Desmond story is what had me on the edge of my seat wanting a new release as soon as I beat the game.
After beating Assassins Creed 3, I had that feeling. "Oh my gosh! What's going to happen?!"
For Ubi to slap me in the face and say NOTHING.
Ubi has decided to end the Desmond story with AC3...no twist ending. No unknown son of Desmond no Adam and Eve Origin story to bridge us from Desmond to a new protagonist and it just breaks my heart.
Instead it will be a 1st person experience and we will be playing as ourselves, back at Abstergo..you know the place we just spent escaping from for the last 5 years.
It has me wondering WILL I CARE ABOUT THE GAME ANYMORE?
I play Assassins Creed more for the story than game play and it made me feel like I was personally a part of something bigger.
I like learning about these ETs and secret civilizations.
I can only hope they tie us into Abstergo and show us getting kidnapped from our house, dragged away and give chills down our spine with the opening "You know Mr. Miles, don't you? "
Almost as if they are talking to us knowing we have lived memories through Desmond.
Rather than some stiff "everyone can use the animus now, we have to find an apple, get in."
I will more than likely pre order because I am a huge fan, but I will be watching with one eye open.
For this seemingly small game change (but is actually GIGANTIC)
For now I give it a Cringe.

pirate1802
03-07-2013, 05:32 AM
Well I play for the historical part more, can't care much about the modern assassins. The historical sections which makes AC stand apart from the croud for me and what keeps bringing me back to it. So for now I give a clap for teh PIRATES!

STDlyMcStudpants
03-07-2013, 05:36 AM
Well I play for the historical part more, can't care much about the modern assassins. The historical sections which makes AC stand apart from the croud for me and what keeps bringing me back to it. So for now I give a clap for teh PIRATES!

I'm excited for pirates too, I love them! I knew they were coming for AC IV I just wanted a bridge in between the 2 games.
The frozen in history is a great part too..maybe I am the only one that enjoyed the modern story.

pirate1802
03-07-2013, 05:43 AM
I'm excited for pirates too, I love them! I knew they were coming for AC IV I just wanted a bridge in between the 2 games.
The frozen in history is a great part too..maybe I am the only one that enjoyed the modern story.

No you are not alone, and ofcourse there will be a bridge! They are not ditching the modern day storyline altogether, they are just ditching the missions (I think) You'd probably still hear about Juno doing her stuff, and dig up a **** ton of lore in Abstergo's archives.

Radman500
03-07-2013, 05:44 AM
well from what we know of Black Flag, at least to me anyways, it already sounds much superior to AC3

thats if Ubi sticks with their promises

Krayus Korianis
03-07-2013, 06:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-wrYqX_8Sc

aupvstef
03-07-2013, 08:53 AM
I am the only one that enjoyed the modern story.

MasterAssasin84
03-07-2013, 11:12 AM
I am very excited for this one !!

itsamea-mario
03-07-2013, 11:16 AM
Once i would have been disjointed, i loved the modern aspect, it was the main source of most of the mystery and intrigue, and it had the potential for some really cool events. But given Ubi's recent treatment of the modern side, it's obvious they don't really care about it anymore, i'd rather get a tiny modern day part, than a poorly made one.
For black flags i'm definitely more interested in the historic side, and so far Ubi have been saying all the right things.

AjinkyaParuleka
03-07-2013, 01:19 PM
I am the only one that enjoyed the modern story.
Well..I enjoyed modern story too.I was so anxious to be pulled out of the animus for one more Desmond Mission.
Anyways historical gameplay is what attracts me more.You probably learned almost all of the American War of Independence through ACIII.

Epsilonyx
03-08-2013, 10:38 AM
I really enjoyed the modern aspect in the first game, but I think it began to decline in AC2 with the addition of Shaun and Rebecca, as well as the growing love interest between Desmond and Lucy. It was all just very generic and hollywood - none of the characters were of any interest, just cliches really, but the tension of the ongoing Templar-Assassin war in the modern setting was enough for me. I thought the Revelations first-person stuff was great, maybe the best Desmond-related stuff in the saga, whereas it all seemed pretty half-baked in AC3.

Maybe with some more intriguing characters it could really pick up in the next few games, but from the looks of it I'm the protagonist in the Black Flag, and I don't think I'm particularly intriguing.

Layytez
03-08-2013, 10:44 AM
For me it goes hand in hand. I enjoy the historical aspects when I know it's purpose comes from the modern day plot.

Krayus Korianis
03-08-2013, 10:50 AM
Well..I enjoyed modern story too.I was so anxious to be pulled out of the animus for one more Desmond Mission.
Anyways historical gameplay is what attracts me more.You probably learned almost all of the American War of Independence through ACIII.
I learned it in school...

RinoTheBouncer
03-08-2013, 11:19 AM
I love the Modern part as much as the Historical part. I'd clap for the game but I boo the developers if the modern part gets downgraded.

eagleforlife1
03-08-2013, 12:03 PM
I learned it in school...

I didn't.

Oh and I clap. I'm not interested in the modern day tbh. Love learning about the history of the events we visit though.

Krayus Korianis
03-08-2013, 02:26 PM
I didn't.

Oh and I clap. I'm not interested in the modern day tbh. Love learning about the history of the events we visit though.
I want to know what's happening outside the Animus... I want to know what Juno is up to, the Templars and the Assassins.

I_Leave_No_Trace
03-08-2013, 02:38 PM
I want to clap but I also want to cringe because I don't trust ubisoft after AC3....