PDA

View Full Version : Eden, The First Civilization, The Pieces of Eden and The Future of AC Mythology

RinoTheBouncer
03-06-2013, 10:35 AM
Hey Assassins,I was wondering is the whole Eden, Eve, First Civilization and World Domination by Juno concepts are still relevant in the mythology of Assassin’s Creed? are Clay’s recordings from AC:B and the ACIII:Liberation Disc recording about Eve still to be discussed? or they’re just dead topics and loose ends?It feels like those ideas are gradually being left behind.

I’m not being pessimistic and I know that ACIII had a lot of direct contact with the First Civilization but I feel like we’re gradually deviating from the original soul of Assassin’s Creed. ACI, ACII, AC:B and AC:R all had direct relationships with the Pieces of Eden and The First Civilization. Actually the had a lot of research as the characters themselves wanted to know more. With ACIII, it feels like it has turned into some spirits and magic kinda story and much less about the technology and true nature of the First Civilization (in the historical portion of the game).The gameplay had more to do with the battles and the American Revolution itself more than seeking the Pieces of Eden.

There was a research about the location of the “Precursor Site” but it was minimal and the end of the game witnessed the lands being bought and that’s it. With previous AC games, it was more like the Pieces of Eden were the main goal of the game. Cesare and Rodrigo Borgia craved power and domination but now it’s just being different and with ACIV, I see it deviating more specially that despite the ending of ACIII that tells you “Hey, we gotta go and fight Juno!” and hints modern times adventures, from what’s revealed so far it feels like they’re almost trying to skip modern day missions.

It’s disappointing to see them just throwing ideas on paper to create standalone historical adventures where the term Assassin is forcibly written on the good guys and same for the term Templar and bad guys. Yesterday it was Mohawk, today it’s Pirates, tomorrow it’s Ninjas and then and then and then…etc.I LOVE the Assassin’s Creed series and I will definitely give all coming games a chance and buy them but I’m saying this cause I love the franchise and don’t want it to enter it’s decline phase in favor of trying to please newcomers.

LoyalACFan
03-06-2013, 10:42 AM
The Apple will likely play a larger role in the next two King Washington episodes. We got a teaser of the canon version of Connor sitting at a camp while Washington rides in mysteriously.

montagemik
03-06-2013, 12:03 PM
The Apple will likely play a larger role in the next two King Washington episodes. We got a teaser of the canon version of Connor sitting at a camp while Washington rides in mysteriously.

& didn't we see AC3 Assassin Connor pointing at Washington holding the Apple in the very first flashback of TOKW ?

AC4 BF - Isn't going to be the wild jump from the overall story some are expecting or worrying about -
Could be this AC4: BF is Abstergo's side of the AC4 story - & the Assassin's side of the story comes next year - AC4 ?? (Whatever sub title they choose) So we're eventually given AC4 from both perspectives of the story .

It's just to soon to worry for me - I haven't seen enough bad news or confirmation of anything serious enough to lose interest in the series or the story so far .

RinoTheBouncer
03-06-2013, 01:29 PM

Okay, but that's DLC not the main game on the disc. I know the DLC is pretty big and canon but I'm saying that previous games had more to do with TWCB era and their technology.

& didn't we see AC3 Assassin Connor pointing at Washington holding the Apple in the very first flashback of TOKW ?

AC4 BF - Isn't going to be the wild jump from the overall story some are expecting or worrying about -
Could be this AC4: BF is Abstergo's side of the AC4 story - & the Assassin's side of the story comes next year - AC4 ?? (Whatever sub title they choose) So we're eventually given AC4 from both perspectives of the story .

It's just to soon to worry for me - I haven't seen enough bad news or confirmation of anything serious enough to lose interest in the series or the story so far .

I'm not losing interest and I do agree with what you said. It's good to see this next game or set of games focusing on the Abstergo side of the game but it scares me when they said "You will be controlling present day" which sounds more like AC Liberation than anything. I don't want present day story to be something minor and only uncovered after collecting some stuff. It should be part of the game not just something selective.

Em-Man
03-06-2013, 01:42 PM
It should be part of the game not just something selective.
Exactly. Very worrying.

With ACIII, it feels like it has turned into some spirits and magic kinda story and much less about the technology and true nature of the First Civilization (in the historical portion of the game).
What do you mean? They talked a lot about their tech and thought process when developing solutions for the 2012 disaster.

RinoTheBouncer
03-06-2013, 01:55 PM
Exactly. Very worrying.

What do you mean? They talked a lot about their tech and thought process when developing solutions for the 2012 disaster.

I understand but the way it was presented felt more like voodoo and spirits, the way the wise grandma, Juno and the whole willow tree and ritual thing felt more like voodoo than TWCB usually act when they appeared to Ezio.

henne-kei
03-06-2013, 01:56 PM
"You will be controlling present day" which sounds more like AC Liberation than anything. I don't want present day story to be something minor and only uncovered after collecting some stuff. It should be part of the game not just something selective.

What was it like in Liberation? Could not play it and only know the ending with Eve.

RinoTheBouncer
03-06-2013, 02:04 PM
What was it like in Liberation? Could not play it and only know the ending with Eve.

The game was entirely in the historical period (no modern day games because it's a game played through the Animus device by Abstergo Entertainment) so that's the boring part. You're just playing as Aveline in Historical period, though the ending had a lot to do with Eve which made us hope that what Clay said about finding "your son" and "Eve" might be discussed again in the future, I wish.

henne-kei
03-06-2013, 02:13 PM
The game was entirely in the historical period (no modern day games because it's a game played through the Animus device by Abstergo Entertainment)

Thanks.
Must be a dream for the modern day haters XD

though the ending had a lot to do with Eve which made us hope that what Clay said about finding "your son" and "Eve" might be discussed again in the future, I wish.

That would be interesting indeed.

RinoTheBouncer
03-06-2013, 02:23 PM
Thanks.
Must be a dream for the modern day haters XD

That would be interesting indeed.

The thing is, I don't see why anyone would hate modern day missions. They're not even long, detailed or challenging enough to distract you from the historical era. I honestly used to wait for the moment when Desmond's missions kick in, I swear. They were really entertaining and makes you follow two stories at a time, in two different eras.

I'd be really happy to see the story of Eve returning, I mean c'mon who's more relevant than the mother of humanity (in religions) and the mother of human freedom revolution (In AC) :P xD

Em-Man
03-06-2013, 02:27 PM
I understand but the way it was presented felt more like voodoo and spirits, the way the wise grandma, Juno and the whole willow tree and ritual thing felt more like voodoo than TWCB usually act when they appeared to Ezio.

Ah, I understand. You're only referring to the Juno encounters with Connor.
I was talking about the Juno encounters with Desmond, where Juno explains to Desmond their development process of making a solution for the disaster. These parts was a lot of sci-fi talk about all kinds of unknown solutions and technology.

In term of the encounter with Connor, there is a reason to it.
The indigenous people of North America had spiritual beliefs. What Juno tried to do is adapt to their culture to give Connor a message. She even said something like "I've selected a form familiar to your culture" in the mission where you controlled a hawk.
With other words, because Connor believed in "spirits", Juno tried to act like a "spirit". This is actually really cool, because it's the writers way to give a semi-conspiracy version and explanation to what the indigenous people saw.

lasha7716
03-06-2013, 02:38 PM
i think in AC 4 we will have contact with first civilization i think that the treasure that Edward is looking for is 1st civilizations machines

RinoTheBouncer
03-06-2013, 02:39 PM
i think in AC 4 we will have contact with first civilization i think that the treasure that Edward is looking for is 1st civilizations machines

I hope so! I wishhhhhhhhhhhh

Ah, I understand. You're only referring to the Juno encounters with Connor.
I was talking about the Juno encounters with Desmond, where Juno explains to Desmond their development process of making a solution for the disaster. These parts was a lot of sci-fi talk about all kinds of unknown solutions and technology.

In term of the encounter with Connor, there is a reason to it.
The indigenous people of North America had spiritual beliefs. What Juno tried to do is adapt to their culture to give Connor a message. She even said something like "I've selected a form familiar to your culture" in the mission where you controlled a hawk.
With other words, because Connor believed in "spirits", Juno tried to act like a "spirit". This is actually really cool, because it's the writers way to give a semi-conspiracy version and explanation to what the indigenous people saw.

I totally understand and I loved the idea of Juno adapting to the culture to speak to them in a comprehensible way. It's just sad to see the story went to talking about people and their land rather than the main conflict of Assassins and Templars. It felt like a normal war rather than a war seeking dominion vs. a war seeking freedom. I'm not saying that they became like this, just they give you this feeling that the historical part is nor longer on the same page as modern day.

Em-Man
03-06-2013, 02:54 PM
It's just sad to see the story went to talking about people and their land rather than the main conflict of Assassins and Templars. It felt like a normal war rather than a war seeking dominion vs. a war seeking freedom. I'm not saying that they became like this, just they give you this feeling that the historical part is nor longer on the same page as modern day.
I couldn't agree more.
The historical part felt so insanely disconnected from the overarching plot to the point where everything felt pointless and I questioned if it was an AC game.
I just wish we could have something like AC1 again. The connection between present and past was so well done there, exactly how I want.

henne-kei
03-06-2013, 02:57 PM
The thing is, I don't see why anyone would hate modern day missions. They're not even long, detailed or challenging enough to distract you from the historical era. I honestly used to wait for the moment when Desmond's missions kick in, I swear. They were really entertaining and makes you follow two stories at a time, in two different eras.

I'd be really happy to see the story of Eve returning, I mean c'mon who's more relevant than the mother of humanity (in religions) and the mother of human freedom revolution (In AC) :P xD

Yeah, the missions were nice. The only thing that felt a bit... lame was the way Cross died. However, he was crazy, so, I guess, it somehow makes sense...?

We don't know what Eddie (I do hope someone calls him like that :rolleyes:) will search and find.
I'm not quite sure about the Eve, however, Eddie could find something. After all he is a pirate. Finding a treasure/PoE that has something to do with her/Frist Civ is possible.

A post before you mentioned "the son" thing from Brotherhood. Now that I think about it a bit more: We will play an Abstergo scientist or something like that. Or rather a person who can see everything of Desmond's bloodline. So, if the son is an acutal person and not just a figure of speech, maybe we could see him, too? It would be possible at least.

ProletariatPleb
03-06-2013, 03:54 PM
Well Sima the derp made a nice post about said topic a while ago, very detailed. Check it out, might answer some of your questions.

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/User_blog:Master_Sima_Yi/The_modern_day_story