PDA

View Full Version : Is the problems with ac3 and revelations lack of connectivity with the assassin order

shogunko
03-06-2013, 02:59 AM
Basically something i've thought about that bothered me in revelations and 3 is the fact that you are basically more or less a one man army and people don't like that. in the first 2 games and brotherhood you had a bunch of close knit assassins to help you when the order was basically very strong and alot of members were active, not the case in the most recent games. In revelations you got to see ezio become obviously very much not connected to his family or the people he cares about which kind of sucks. connor didn't have nearly as much contact with his people as he should have. I expected to see him fight with his people not just for them. i want to see people go together and rise up not just one man defy everything. It was sad seeing achilles basically a shell of his former self lonesome about his secluded existence before connor came to bring life back into him. at least in revelations there was more than one active assassin master who fought alongside ezio who was cool as hell and could actually fight. The fourth game needs more people to help edward out like skilled pirates and hopefully more assassins. Got to say while ac3 had a good story connor was a boring character and the game did not live up to the hype but then again i guess looking at everything they put out could never make it that good.

hune182
03-06-2013, 07:34 AM
For one thing flying solo or in small groups has pretty much been the tactic of Assassins(let alone the game itself) whereas Templars have always had the larger groups of men.....Ezio rebuilt the Assassin order in Italy and Europe in general which was mostly under Templar control which Connor did the same in the colonies(with no help from his disillusioned grand master and though with a poor cast of Characters in my opinion). Connor was the most interesting character of the past 3 games....the fact the he was torn with the fact that he was Native American and European with the constant knowledge that the Colonials/British where pushing closer and closer to his people's lands(proven at the end of the game after the Americans won and his people where still forced west by the Americans despite their neutrality and Connor's assistance during the war). Furthermore his story touched on racism and slavery(Achilles couldn't even go buy supplies because he was Black and gave Connor his name in order to avoid the same and commenting on the fact that Connor was "light enough" too pass for Italian or Spanish). Another Connor being boring....he acted exactly like Altair and when Ezio first started out....Altair being so focused on his mission(like Connor) that some critics said he was also boring and Ezio who first started hot tempered and was focused on revenge(like Connor) till he grew older realizing his revenge was not as important as the Assassin's/ Templar war.......Ezio story went passed the age of 40 till his death by natural causes plus 3 games worth of content and likewise for Altair with the exception of the game content whereas Connor's story ends at the age of 30 with no idea of what happens to him let alone when he died....with a couple DLC's one of which was an alternate reality....in the end he realized that he had no place like a former slave he mentions at the end in the newly established United States. Altair, Ezio and Edward never dealt with so much personal anguish. Why he had so little contact with his people was to avoid the getting into the conflict because historically most of the Mohawk tribes and the Confederacy backed the British and his village did not have the arms nor the numbers to enter into conflict with either side.....and having no real idea of what was so important to the Templar's of gaining control of his peoples lands being used by Juno to protect a temple he really had no idea what its purpose for other the stopping end of the world. Connor's conflict with Haytham was just a past shadowing if Desmond's conflict with his own father......besides obviously AC3 was rushed because of the 2012 apocalypse belief and so Ubisoft could start working on AC4 for the next gen consoles....Ubisoft constant pushing of Ezio and the fact that Ubisofts manpower was most obviously spent on AC4 rather then 3.....so Connor's wings where clipped before he ever got a chance to truly fly by his own creator....though I would love to see Connor's reaction to the fact that his Grandfather was a notorious Pirate from what I have heard entered the conflict just because he robbed a templar ship....besides Edward is looking like a more extreme version of young Ezio so he is just a rehash with just more "I don't give a ****" attitude......Consider that when calling Connor boring.

Eternal Reward
03-06-2013, 07:38 AM
Guys.....please.....for all that is good and holy.....

USE PARAGRAPHS!

hune182
03-06-2013, 07:44 AM
For one thing flying solo or in small groups has pretty much been the tactic of Assassins(let alone the game itself) whereas Templars have always had the larger groups of men.....Ezio rebuilt the Assassin order in Italy and Europe in general which was mostly under Templar control which Connor did the same in the colonies(with no help from his disillusioned grand master and though with a poor cast of Characters in my opinion). Connor was the most interesting character of the past 3 games....the fact the he was torn with the fact that he was Native American and European with the constant knowledge that the Colonials/British where pushing closer and closer to his people's lands(proven at the end of the game after the Americans won and his people where still forced west by the Americans despite their neutrality and Connor's assistance during the war). Furthermore his story touched on racism and slavery(Achilles couldn't even go buy supplies because he was Black and gave Connor his name in order to avoid the same and commenting on the fact that Connor was "light enough" too pass for Italian or Spanish).

Another on Connor being boring....he acted exactly like Altair and when Ezio first started out....Altair being so focused on his mission(like Connor) that some critics said he was also boring and Ezio who first started hot tempered and was focused on revenge(like Connor) till he grew older realizing his revenge was not as important as the Assassin's/ Templar war.......Ezio story went passed the age of 40 till his death by natural causes plus 3 games worth of content and likewise for Altair with the exception of the game content whereas Connor's story ends at the age of 30 with no idea of what happens to him let alone when he died....with a couple DLC's one of which was an alternate reality....in the end he realized that he had no place like a former slave he mentions at the end in the newly established United States. Altair, Ezio and Edward never dealt with so much personal anguish. Why he had so little contact with his people was to avoid the getting into the conflict because historically most of the Mohawk tribes and the Confederacy backed the British and his village did not have the arms nor the numbers to enter into conflict with either side.....and having no real idea of what was so important to the Templar's of gaining control of his peoples lands being used by Juno to protect a temple he really had no idea what its purpose for other the stopping end of the world. Connor's conflict with Haytham was just a past shadowing if Desmond's conflict with his own father.

Besides obviously AC3 was rushed because of the 2012 apocalypse belief and so Ubisoft could start working on AC4 for the next gen consoles....Ubisoft constant pushing of Ezio and the fact that Ubisofts manpower was most obviously spent on AC4 rather then 3.....so Connor's wings where clipped before he ever got a chance to truly fly by his own creator....though I would love to see Connor's reaction to the fact that his Grandfather was a notorious Pirate from what I have heard entered the conflict just because he robbed a templar ship....besides Edward is looking like a more extreme version of young Ezio so he is just a rehash with just more "I don't give a ****" attitude......Consider that when calling Connor boring.

Better? or do you want more?

Assassin_M
03-06-2013, 07:47 AM
Better? or do you want more?
Nah it`s fine now

Eternal Reward
03-06-2013, 07:51 AM
MUCH better.

souNdwAve89
03-06-2013, 07:58 AM
I disagree on both. I think Revelations did a great job making you feel like you're apart of an Assassin Order. Remember that one awesome scene of you free running with 4 or 5 other Assassins? How about that one mission where you had the unlimited ability to call upon your fellow Assassins after the death of Yusuf? And that one cut scene of you confronting Ahmet alone, but then 3 Assassins jump down with their hidden blades ready to fight. I loved those parts in the game. Sure, Yusuf is the only other named Assassin, but he did help Ezio around and introducing him to Constantinople.

AC3 made sense because Achilles was the only surviving member of the Colonial Assassins. The Assassins in the New World was practically extinct until the arrival of Connor. That is why I wished we would get another game or something to show Connor taking up more of a role as an Assassin just like how Ezio did near the end of AC2.

LoyalACFan
03-06-2013, 08:08 AM
Well, I completely disagree about Revelations... If anything, I didn't feel like a one man army, but rather a day-shift manager. The brotherhood was so present, it was almost distracting at times.

As for III, well... I think Connor never felt as connected to the Brotherhood was because it never changed him in the way it changed Altair and Ezio. The two previous ancestors started as characters operating on their own methods/agendas, whereas Connor was basically an Assassin before he even knew what an Assassin was. The Brotherhood never molded him into a better person; he started off with the goals of the Brotherhood in mind. All Achilles really offered him was combat training, a formal education, and some nifty gadgets.

Legendz54
03-06-2013, 08:11 AM
Assassin order scrambled after AC1, they were definately at there strongest at AC1 but after the attack theres only factions of them.

pirate1802
03-06-2013, 10:11 AM
I disagree on both. I think Revelations did a great job making you feel like you're apart of an Assassin Order. Remember that one awesome scene of you free running with 4 or 5 other Assassins? How about that one mission where you had the unlimited ability to call upon your fellow Assassins after the death of Yusuf? And that one cut scene of you confronting Ahmet alone, but then 3 Assassins jump down with their hidden blades ready to fight. I loved those parts in the game. Sure, Yusuf is the only other named Assassin, but he did help Ezio around and introducing him to Constantinople.

AC3 made sense because Achilles was the only surviving member of the Colonial Assassins. The Assassins in the New World was practically extinct until the arrival of Connor. That is why I wished we would get another game or something to show Connor taking up more of a role as an Assassin just like how Ezio did near the end of AC2.

Agreed with all of this.

That free-running with Brossassins was an Awesome scene in Revelations.