PDA

View Full Version : Possible Antagonist?

LoyalACFan
03-06-2013, 01:08 AM
So now that we know that the game spans roughly a decade starting in 1715 (based on an interview (http://www.gamersbook.com/scene/news/assassins-creed-4-black-flag-qa-tons-of-new-screens/) with creative director Jean Guesdon, I'm putting my money on Ned Low as the primary Templar antagonist. He was famous for being extremely brutal and sadistic. Not only did he die right at the end of the time span (1724, leaving Edward enough time to head back home after killing him and sire Haytham in 1725) but the circumstances of his death are unknown. Sounds perfect to me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edward_Low

Goxxi
03-06-2013, 01:18 AM
I think that Charles Vane will be a main antagonist perhaps , also I bet there will be some local colonial governors and planters (slave traders) as targets.

Rugterwyper32
03-06-2013, 01:22 AM
Edward Low sounds like a potential main villain and final boss, but one thing I'd like to see is after all is said and done and Edward has settled down, he could be somehow driven after Woodes Rogers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodes_Rogers

I don't know how it could work, but it certainly would be interested. Him telling his wife and children that he has some "unfinished business" to take care of and heading back to Nassau for a final battle in the place where the game probably starts.

Megas_Doux
03-06-2013, 01:25 AM
Nice finds

LoyalACFan
03-06-2013, 01:30 AM
I think that Charles Vane will be a main antagonist perhaps , also I bet there will be some local colonial governors and planters (slave traders) as targets.

Yeah, we'll undoubtedly have many targets who aren't pirates. However, I think I heard somewhere that Charles Vane will be an ally. I don't have a source though.

Edward Low sounds like a potential main villain and final boss, but one thing I'd like to see is after all is said and done and Edward has settled down, he could be somehow driven after Woodes Rogers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woodes_Rogers

I don't know how it could work, but it certainly would be interested. Him telling his wife and children that he has some "unfinished business" to take care of and heading back to Nassau for a final battle in the place where the game probably starts.

I don't know... They said the game only spans about 10 years. However, if we ever learn more about Achilles Davenport's life, I think Rogers would be a perfect target for him in his early years. After all, we know now that Achilles is of Caribbean descent. I actually theorized in another thread that Edward may be Achilles' mentor or associate, but that's beside the point.

Rugterwyper32
03-06-2013, 01:33 AM
I don't know... They said the game only spans about 10 years. However, if we ever learn more about Achilles Davenport's life, I think Rogers would be a perfect target for him in his early years. After all, we know now that Achilles is of Caribbean descent. I actually theorized in another thread that Edward may be Achilles' mentor or associate, but that's beside the point.

Actually, that would be quite interesting. Hmm, maybe the rumored Rising Phoenix game could have something to do with Achilles? I don't know.

THE_JOKE_KING33
03-06-2013, 01:34 AM
I love all of the suggestions so far!

Radman500
03-06-2013, 01:35 AM
Actually, that would be quite interesting. Hmm, maybe the rumored Rising Phoenix game could have something to do with Achilles? I don't know.

Black Flag takes place in 1715..... Achilles would be 5 years old

LoyalACFan
03-06-2013, 01:41 AM
Black Flag takes place in 1715..... Achilles would be 5 years old

It STARTS in 1715, and spans a decade. It ends when Achilles would be roughly the same age as Connor when he began training. And the guy we're talking about died in 1732, when Achilles would be 22.

Eternal Reward
03-06-2013, 07:19 AM
Edward being Achilles mentor would be bad@$$. I wouldn't mind a American Civil War AC with one of Achilles descendants as the protagonist.

But, that aside, I suspect it's(once again) the British. From the pictures I've seen it looks like them. Spanish might be the "neutral" forces.

Probably some British navy *****s trying to end Piracy, being led or joined by Templars trying to take over the Colonies.

Radman500
03-06-2013, 07:25 AM
Edward being Achilles mentor would be bad@$$. I wouldn't mind a American Civil War AC with one of Achilles descendants as the protagonist.

But, that aside, I suspect it's(once again) the British. From the pictures I've seen it looks like them. Spanish might be the "neutral" forces.

Probably some British navy *****s trying to end Piracy, being led or joined by Templars trying to take over the Colonies.

ehh..... i don't think AC should venture anywhere beyond the revolutionary war,

Eternal Reward
03-06-2013, 07:27 AM
P ricks is bleeped out? Really?

Eternal Reward
03-06-2013, 07:28 AM
ehh..... i don't think AC should venture anywhere beyond the revolutionary war,

Why not? :p

Be a good chance for a black protagonist.

pirate1802
03-06-2013, 07:29 AM
India 1850s.. I'm waiting for it Ubisoft -_-

Eternal Reward
03-06-2013, 07:31 AM
India 1850s.. I'm waiting for it Ubisoft -_-

Hmmm.....I don't know much about that, since I'm American :p, but I would love to learn AC style.

I-Like-Pie45
03-06-2013, 07:31 AM
I want China during the Century of Humiliation with multiple playable characters with the gameworld and mechanics changing dynamically as you swap characters moving closer and closer to modern age.

LoyalACFan
03-06-2013, 08:15 AM

Nah, I think the Spanish and English are just going to be the police force, basically. Edward's not the kind of guy to be involved in political wars. His battles are going to be either for his own gain, or for the Assassins. No more nationalism.

xbox360gamer89
03-06-2013, 02:49 PM
edward low fried a cook alive he said to him youre a greasy fellow so you will fry well

FrankieSatt
03-06-2013, 02:57 PM
If Edward is Haythems Father than how did Haythem end up being a Templar and not an Assassin? Maybe that will be explained in Black Flag.

Megas_Doux
03-06-2013, 02:59 PM
I want China during the Century of Humiliation with multiple playable characters with the gameworld and mechanics changing dynamically as you swap characters moving closer and closer to modern age.

This!

The opium wars would be a great setting...

Eternal Reward
03-06-2013, 04:51 PM
Nah, I think the Spanish and English are just going to be the police force, basically. Edward's not the kind of guy to be involved in political wars. His battles are going to be either for his own gain, or for the Assassins. No more nationalism.

Never said he would want to, or that he would be doing it because of their nation.

AjinkyaParuleka
03-06-2013, 04:59 PM
Its Charles Lee's older version.Kenway family has an obsession with Charles Lee.

Will_Lucky
03-06-2013, 05:32 PM
If Edward is Haythems Father than how did Haythem end up being a Templar and not an Assassin? Maybe that will be explained in Black Flag.

Its already been explained in the Forsaken novel.

Ayush_S92
03-06-2013, 06:18 PM
Why are so many people named Edward? o_O

LoyalACFan
03-06-2013, 07:19 PM

I dunno, if this is true, Low will be the third Edward (after Kenway and Teach). Although they could just call him by his nickname, Ned. And Blackbeard will probably just be Blackbeard.

pirate1802
03-06-2013, 07:36 PM
I wish they continue the ambiguity fro AC3 and don't turn the villains into Cesares. But I guess in this game the ambiguity is built into the main character's past itself.

Escappa
03-06-2013, 07:37 PM

Nice name :p

Ayush_S92
03-06-2013, 10:53 PM
Nice name :p

Thanks. I guess. :rolleyes:

Eternal Reward
03-07-2013, 12:04 AM

Because that's my name.

FrankieSatt
03-07-2013, 02:53 PM
Its already been explained in the Forsaken novel.

Since I don't read AC novels I wouldn't know that. This is why games should stick to giving out information in the core game instead of forcing people to buy DLC's or books to fill in the blanks purposefully left out of the games.

Lass4r
03-07-2013, 03:02 PM
Dunno if it's been mentioned, but seems like Edward Low didn't become a pirate until 1721, which would be kind of late to serve as a main antagonist, right?

Escappa
03-07-2013, 03:44 PM
Dunno if it's been mentioned, but seems like Edward Low didn't become a pirate until 1721, which would be kind of late to serve as a main antagonist, right?

Yep...

itsamea-mario
03-07-2013, 03:44 PM
Ah, i really want Edward low to be in the game. 3 Edwards.
Ed, Edd and Eddy!!!!!!!!!!!!