PDA

View Full Version : where did Haytham go wrong?

Radman500
03-05-2013, 07:14 PM
why did Haytham become a templar, while his father and his son remained loyal to the order?

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/063/3/0/ac3__the_kenways_by_cherrysplice-d5x041w.jpg

HisSpiritLives
03-05-2013, 07:15 PM
Difference in opinion ,ideology!

Eternal Reward
03-05-2013, 07:16 PM
He was smarter? Seriously, Assassin's really aren't that ideologically smart....

Kaschra
03-05-2013, 07:17 PM
*Spoiler from Forsaken*

Haytham never was an assassin. Edward trained him to be one, but was killed before he could tell his son about the assassins. Reginald Birch took Haytham under his wing, and thus he became a Templar. He didn't know that his father was an assassin until he was 22.

HisSpiritLives
03-05-2013, 07:20 PM
He was smarter? Seriously, Assassin's really aren't that ideologically smart....

Nah,you are wrong,but it really depends on perspective.And if you are talking about real IQ and wisdom,just remeber ALTAIR!

xbox360gamer89
03-05-2013, 07:20 PM
*Spoiler from Forsaken*

Haytham never was an assassin. Edward trained him to be one, but was killed before he could tell his son about the assassins. Reginald Birch took Haytham under his wing, and thus he became a Templar. He didn't know that his father was an assassin until he was 22.

this

pirate1802
03-05-2013, 07:22 PM

We have a winner here!

Eternal Reward
03-05-2013, 09:19 PM
*Spoiler from Forsaken*

Well, someone forgot to have a "Just in Case I Die" plan.....

poptartz20
03-05-2013, 10:35 PM
Yes! He was 22 when he found out his father was an assassin... also He was inducted as a Templar at 18 so he had already been serving his order for 4 years. I'm pretty sure this is either ride or die type situation.

Once he found out he always thought he had an unique look on life as an assassin trained Templar. --who had briefly lost his heart to a Mohawk woman. Lol. He also though at one point before his life became corrupted with treachery and lies that he might at some point unite the 2 orders. Since there thinking wasn't too terribly different.

Hence why Haytham was the way he was.

Boulder_Av
03-06-2013, 01:22 AM
I see Haytham as a middle point between the Assassins and Templars. The death of him in AC3 was a very sad part of the game for me. Haytham certainly change my prospective on the Templars. They turn from an evil organization to one with noble goals but flawed tactics much like the Assassins. I still think that the whole Juno thing would have made much more sense if TWCB meant for the Assassins and Templars to unite to help humanity. With Haytham being one side of humanity and Connor being the other. The balancing of freedom vs control which IMO is the major conflict between Assassins and Templars has never been explored enough. I hope this changes with ACIVBF considering how they are handling some things.

Locopells
03-06-2013, 01:31 AM
I more wonder when and why he started killing so casually - give that that's one of the reasons he kills Braddock...

Boulder_Av
03-06-2013, 01:50 AM
Haytham is less of murderer than Connor. I lost count of how many people Connor killed on main mission. Both are mass murders with one the player does the killing and the other the story.

DEV7913
02-27-2018, 04:23 PM
why did Haytham become a templar, while his father and his son remained loyal to the order?

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2013/063/3/0/ac3__the_kenways_by_cherrysplice-d5x041w.jpg
Its because after the death of Edward, haytham was brainwashed therefore even after knowing that his father's an assassin he went ob the templar orders & at the same time his ideology became more stronger as he met shay cormec & his son was an assassin due to the conditions from which he suffered & his mother's death.

joshoolhorst
02-28-2018, 12:02 AM

Well if you want to be controlled by Templars who know all your secrets and movements CERTAINLY

Vand3rz
03-01-2018, 07:37 AM
I think you meant to say where did Haytham go right.

Pr0metheus 1962
03-02-2018, 01:46 AM
The Templars believe that the level of freedom the Assassins want will inevitably lead to chaos and brutality. The Assassins believe that the level of control desired by the Templars will lead to dictatorship and slavery. Neither side is necessarily wrong. They could both be right.

The Templars seek to impose their philosophy through mind control. The Assassins seek to impose their philosophy through murder. Neither way is moral, both are harmful, so there is no "right" faction to choose.