PDA

View Full Version : Concern About Edward's Outfit

Ancient Attero
03-05-2013, 06:00 PM
No don't worry this isn't something controversial or anything like that. I actually though have a concern about Edward's outfit in terms of not showing any Assassin's logos or crests of any kind. Least that I can see. I mean besides the signature white hood and hidden blades there are no cosmetic symbols on him.

Anyone have a thought on this? I know he's a pirate first and then gets recruited into the Assassin's order. But you'd think he have something. And what it ship the Jackdaw? Has anyone found any significance in its naming?

Eternal Reward
03-05-2013, 06:02 PM
I don't recall any of the other Assassin's have "logos" on them, sides I guess the beaked hood?

And, if they do, I think it reflects how he is gonna be more pirate than Assassin, at least in the beginning of the game.

Not sure about the name, but I believe it's flag does have the Assassin symbol on it.

RomanoTjavo
03-05-2013, 06:08 PM
I don't recall any of the other Assassin's have "logos" on them, sides I guess the beaked hood?

And, if they do, I think it reflects how he is gonna be more pirate than Assassin, at least in the beginning of the game.

Not sure about the name, but I believe it's flag does have the Assassin symbol on it.

Altair im not sure if he had the insignia, but ezio sure did. his red belt have the isignia, and connors hidden blade armor thing has it. :)

lothario-da-be
03-05-2013, 06:14 PM
Altair im not sure if he had the insignia, but ezio sure did. his red belt have the isignia, and connors hidden blade armor thing has it. :)
Altair had no insignia, so there is no problem. And why would they need them? To let everybody know they are assassins?

montagemik
03-05-2013, 06:17 PM
No don't worry this isn't something controversial or anything like that. I actually though have a concern about Edward's outfit in terms of not showing any Assassin's logos or crests of any kind. Least that I can see. I mean besides the signature white hood and hidden blades there are no cosmetic symbols on him.

Anyone have a thought on this? I know he's a pirate first and then gets recruited into the Assassin's order. But you'd think he have something. And what it ship the Jackdaw? Has anyone found any significance in its naming?

Jackdaw = A highly intelligent Blackbird / often known to steal shiny things . Seems appropriate enough for a privateer who flies the Black flag.

And Edward's outfit has the Skull insignia incorporated. So it at least shows his affinity towards one group at the moment.
Wether this is changed to the Assassin insignia before release or at some point in the story is anyones guess.

pacmanate
03-05-2013, 06:22 PM
Altair had the beaked hood
Ezio in AC2 had the belt buckle as one and the beaked hood
Ezio in Brotherhood had the belt buckle and beaked hood
Ezio in Revelations had beaked hood only
Connor had beaked hood, belt buckle and crest on his hidden blade

And then there is Edward, with no beaked hood, no belt buckle and no crest on his blade. In some cases, THE SNEAKIEST ASSASSIN YET. Seriously, why would you walk around with a belt buckle of the Assassins logo and stuff, everyone would know you were an assassin! Besides, he was a pirate before becoming an Assassin and his gear is pretty sweet as im guessing its just his normal pirate clothes.

Quirky Jezza
03-05-2013, 06:22 PM

Jackdaw is a type of bird in the crow family. Thats all I know :p

As for logo's, I am sure one will appear on his costume soon. Maybe on the hidden blade or belt buckle?

Quirky Jezza
03-05-2013, 06:23 PM
Jackdaw = A highly intelligent Blackbird / often known to steal shiny things . Seems appropriate enough for a privateer who flies the Black flag.

And Edward's outfit has the Skull insignia incorporated. So it at least shows his affinity towards one group at the moment.
Wether this is changed to the Assassin insignia before release or at some point in the story is anyones guess.

Ah yes, very true. It must be named on the ship's pirate background :D

MasterAssasin84
03-05-2013, 06:25 PM
If your worried about the symbol it was only on their red sashes not on their robes - but i understand your concern you want something that indicates some sort of connection to the Assassin Brotherhood, if you think back to AC1 Altair never had the Logo on his sash it was Ezio Auditore once again that set the trend.

In my opinion the hood and the hidden blade pretty much sets the standard for this, i can understand why aveline was quite frowned upon because she never wore the Assassin Robes.

Edward Kenway is wearing Assassins robes rest assured :)

Eternal Reward
03-05-2013, 06:27 PM
I never did understand why Assassin's always look so friggen obvious. I mean, they might as well have screamed to the world "Look at me! I stand out, when I'm supposed to be sneaky!"

D.I.D.
03-05-2013, 06:30 PM
I never did understand why Assassin's always look so friggen obvious. I mean, they might as well have screamed to the world "Look at me! I stand out, when I'm supposed to be sneaky!"

Very true.

The absolute worst was Revelations, with massive logos all over its secret HQ, and a logo flag flying on every zipline.

THESE ARE THE ZIPLINES WE USE
THAT NOBODY ELSE HAS ANY USE FOR

montagemik
03-05-2013, 06:35 PM
Altair had the beaked hood
Ezio in AC2 had the belt buckle as one and the beaked hood
Ezio in Brotherhood had the belt buckle and beaked hood
Ezio in Revelations had beaked hood only
Connor had beaked hood, belt buckle and crest on his hidden blade

AC-R Ezio had the Masyaf logo on his Chest - The AC Logo on a buckle across his chest - And the AC Logo on the beak of his hood .
Altair just like Edward , had his own personal insignia choice on his outfit .

But this could be changed before release - And there's every possibility that in game customisation may provide Alternate Assassin outfits with the beaked hood / logos just to please everyone.

Ancient Attero
03-05-2013, 06:54 PM
While I always wondered why they flashed around "look look I'm a Assassin" it does make sense given his background why he does not have one. Thanks for the replies. Also great catch on the Jackdaw.

Eternal Reward
03-05-2013, 06:57 PM
Very true.

The absolute worst was Revelations, with massive logos all over its secret HQ, and a logo flag flying on every zipline.

And then they didn't understand how anyone could infiltrate them, and kill some people. Pfft.

deskp
03-05-2013, 06:59 PM
I'm glad he does not have a assassin insignia belt, it seems like everyone thought that was needed after Ezio did it.

Edward has clear assassin symbols on both of his hidden blades though! the white hood is enough, it doesent need the beak.

pacmanate
03-05-2013, 07:15 PM
AC-R Ezio had the Masyaf logo on his Chest - The AC Logo on a buckle across his chest - And the AC Logo on the beak of his hood .
Altair just like Edward , had his own personal insignia choice on his outfit .

But this could be changed before release - And there's every possibility that in game customisation may provide Alternate Assassin outfits with the beaked hood / logos just to please everyone.

Ah my bad, he does have one on his buckle and on his hood but not on his chest, that is a square.

pirate1802
03-05-2013, 07:18 PM
Very true.

hahahhah yeah..

hellomrdarcy
03-05-2013, 07:37 PM
The first thing I was thinking while seeing the trailer, and the outfit, was that they 'went back to Altair on this one'. Well, not completely, but the outift kind of reminded me of Altair. Which is veeery goood, because his robes made much much much more sense than Ezios ever did. I mean, if you're an assassin who wants to hide and and blend with the crowd you shouldn't have the assassin symbol screaming in peoples face, in that case you can just tattoo it in the forehead already. Uhr.

JoziPython14
03-05-2013, 07:58 PM
I've always thought that the red article of clothing on each Assassin's robes to be their sort of 'signature'! :p The insignia may be in different places but I've always seen something red on their default clothing! Just me?

FreshGroundFX
03-05-2013, 09:40 PM
It's because he isn't an Assassin. Shock I know. He is a templar. Like his son, hathway, will be a templar too

Eternal Reward
03-05-2013, 09:41 PM
I've always thought that the red article of clothing on each Assassin's robes to be their sort of 'signature'! :p The insignia may be in different places but I've always seen something red on their default clothing! Just me?

Connor had some read somewhere, but his main color was blue...

xx-pyro
03-05-2013, 09:43 PM
The Assassin logo isn't a brand, it doesn't need to label any of their clothing. I think this is the best outfit yet, though it could do without the skull.

pacmanate
03-05-2013, 09:49 PM
Take away the guns and you have an awesome new Prince ;)

lothario-da-be
03-05-2013, 09:50 PM
A new prince of persia?

WakefulRainbow6
03-05-2013, 09:58 PM
It's because he isn't an Assassin. Shock I know. He is a templar. Like his son, hathway, will be a templar too
please...... go back and study your ****. he is an assassin. and the fact your being so cocky about the fact you think you know the truth is even worse

xx-pyro
03-05-2013, 09:59 PM

That's why I like the outfit so much!

crash3
03-05-2013, 10:14 PM
Im concerned about Edward wearing armour padding in the year 1715! Plus as cool as the outfit looks, it still looks far too conspicuous, not stealthy at all

xx-pyro
03-05-2013, 10:18 PM
Im concerned about Edward wearing armour padding in the year 1715! Plus as cool as the outfit looks, it still looks far too conspicuous, not stealthy at all

It's definitely a lot more inconspicuous than any of the previous Assassins, possibly even more than Altairs. I feel it's like this, if you are going into a pirate city, NOBODY is going to stand out as weird because EVERYONE is going to look strange. I think the hood is the only thing that doesn't really fit, but I don't want that to go.

Escappa
03-05-2013, 10:25 PM
Love the new clothing...and even if the little triangle at the front of the hood has been cool and all, I really like the new hood.

rob.davies2014
03-05-2013, 11:32 PM
Ezio's Brotherhood outfit always struck me as ridiculously conspicuous for someone who was meant to "work in the dark to serve the light" and "hide in plain sight".
Edward's outfit is much more subtle and I definitely prefer his look. I would have thought that the loss of the beak would have upset me but it just looks more natural now. I hope that in future games, the game designers will design our Assassins so that I can believe they can seamlessly blend in with the crowd. Alta´r wore robes because he would use the monks as cover, that doesn't mean all Assassins have to wear robes.
The only thing I would criticise about Edward's outfit is the lack of gun holsters. Connor had them so I'm sure Edward can too. Also, I hope that there's no clipping between the sword handles and the guns this time, that really got on my nerves in AC3.

TheBearJew32
03-05-2013, 11:42 PM
i think it'd be cool if edward has the assassins symbol as a tattoo on his wrist or something.

Megas_Doux
03-05-2013, 11:47 PM
My second favorite Assassin outfit, falling behind only to Connor┤s one.....

prince162010
03-06-2013, 01:23 AM
you guys talking about the assassins symbol here it is >look at edward's right hand you see the assassins symbol with the pirate's skull on his hidden blade

http://www.assassins-creed.ru/uploads/images/ac4bf/gallery/screenshots/bf12.jpg

LoyalACFan
03-06-2013, 01:49 AM
The only thing I would criticise about Edward's outfit is the lack of gun holsters. Connor had them so I'm sure Edward can too.

Yes, this is really bothering me too. I hated the crossbow being magically stuck to Ezio's back too, but this is just distracting. Two guns superglued to his chest? Uh... OK. He's got holsters in the trailers, why can't he have them in-game?

And I'd like to have the sword sheaths back as well...

Eternal Reward
03-06-2013, 01:50 AM
Yes, this is really bothering me too. I hated the crossbow being magically stuck to Ezio's back too, but this is just distracting. Two guns superglued to his chest? Uh... OK. He's got holsters in the trailers, why can't he have them in-game?

And I'd like to have the sword sheaths back as well...

Well, these are earlier models. Maybe they just haven't added them yet.

LoyalACFan
03-06-2013, 01:58 AM
Well, these are earlier models. Maybe they just haven't added them yet.

That's what I keep telling myself, but that's also what I told myself about Ezio's sword sheath before AC2 came out :nonchalance: "Oh, they're just early models, they'll add it eventually..." Nope. And it was there in AC1, so there was no real reason to doubt it would be back.

Yes, I know it's a small gripe, but come on, it can't be that hard to put in there. Especially since they don't even have to make a different holster model for each type of gun; just make little straps like the ones in the trailer that would fit them all. Just don't have them floating there...

deskp
03-06-2013, 02:02 AM
During rains torms he will put on his coat (the one seen in the art showing up in interviews proapbly)

MasterAssasin84
03-06-2013, 11:28 AM

Edward Kenway is Pirate trained by the Assassins who gets drawn into the war between Assassins and Templars !! trust me he is an Assassin Check your facts dude.

itsamea-mario
03-06-2013, 01:38 PM

Ok, someone needs to photoshop Anne Hathaway as an assassin..

Em-Man
03-06-2013, 01:56 PM
I want Edward to have an eyepatch, but that's probably too steriotypical. :D
He does look dull overall, something is missing. Not a big deal.

prince162010
03-07-2013, 01:16 AM

nice idea mate ! ! i like the eyepatch;)

kriegerdesgottes
03-07-2013, 02:06 AM
I can live without the insignia all over his outfit but I would like to see a beaked hood. It just looks so much cooler to me.

Eternal Reward
03-07-2013, 03:03 AM
It's definitely a lot more inconspicuous than any of the previous Assassins, possibly even more than Altairs. I feel it's like this, if you are going into a pirate city, NOBODY is going to stand out as weird because EVERYONE is going to look strange. I think the hood is the only thing that doesn't really fit, but I don't want that to go.

Plus, it seems from the trailer, and footage we've seen, that he doesn't wear his hood unless he is fighting/assassinating.

NvmberFiveUA
03-07-2013, 05:19 AM
What's that metal skull like thing on his left shoulder?

LoyalACFan
03-07-2013, 05:48 AM

This needs to be an outfit in-game. Seriously.