PDA

View Full Version : I'd love to see a hardcore mode in AC4,how about you guys? What rules would it have?

The Metal89
03-05-2013, 04:27 PM
I want to have incentive not to blow my cover and kill everyone aside from "be sneaky or fail" missions. Add in a difficulty setting where the enemies are actually dangerous and health doesn't regen. Although I enjoyed AC3 it was sort of immersion breaking to see how weak and easily killed the enemy soldiers were in large groups. Buff up the difficulty but make it optional because I'm sure it wouldn't be for everyone. The counter window needs to be reduced as well. I'm fine with being able to chain finishers and parry all kinds of stuff as long as it's not so easy to do.

mazohystic
03-05-2013, 04:35 PM
If it makes people happy, why not? I know I won't be using it any time soon though (I suck at video games).

D.I.D.
03-05-2013, 05:04 PM
If it makes people happy, why not? I know I won't be using it any time soon though (I suck at video games).

It might be more fun than you think!

It wouldn't necessarily be a mode where the combat is simply harder, but a mode that discourages mass combat altogether. The designers are straining themselves to try and find a 3rd-person combat system that provides good gameplay and feels thrilling, but there's already an exciting gameplay system that's been in place since AC1: the ability to run away. If that was your primary response to combat then it would require you to make the best use of the environment when choosing your escape route, and chases are a good way to generate excitement and unexpected events.

mazohystic
03-05-2013, 05:07 PM
It might be more fun than you think!

It wouldn't necessarily be a mode where the combat is simply harder, but a mode that discourages mass combat altogether. The designers are straining themselves to try and find a 3rd-person combat system that provides good gameplay and feels thrilling, but there's already an exciting gameplay system that's been in place since AC1: the ability to run away. If that was your primary response to combat then it would require you to make the best use of the environment when choosing your escape route, and chases are a good way to generate excitement and unexpected events.

Holy shoes I really love this response. You almost changed my mind. I run away all the time (exaggeration). But no really, I really am that bad at video games.

emperior
03-05-2013, 05:08 PM
HUD disabled, less health, harder enemies, no auto-aim, no glowing white enemies.
More ike the mission in AC3 when you infiltrate Abstergo as Desmond.

SleezeRocker
03-05-2013, 05:18 PM
If there was a hardcore mode
-You may NOT be discovered/go in high alert at all
- Bullet shots are 1 hit kills (both you and enemy)
-Only haystacks/bales below a Leap of Faith spots will be available as blend spots (What I mean is those are theo nly haystacks you find instead of conveniently everywhere in unlikely areas?)
- You must dye your Robes in certain colors to blend (yeah since no one willl expect an an Assassin in wearing all white in a civilian group :P)
-*potentially* you can only wear light armor to free run (heavier armor say... LV3+ limit your free run)
- You can take only take 6 items with you: Hidden Blades (permanent slot with also 1 Side upgrade slot which let's you bring either a H.Gun,Poison, Poison Dart), Sword/Dagger, 2 Pistols (as 1 slot- Take 2 more pistols if you find/buy/craft a pistol holster), miscellaneous item (Rope dart, crossbow/long range weapon, Whip), Miscellaneous item 2 (Horse Call, Money Toss, smoke bomb), Disguise item (an alternate appearance to make a quick hiding/blendingchance like either removing your hood, adding a bandana covering 1/2 your face when out of sight from a chase).
** Long/Heavy wepaons will take up 2 slots (so like minues Main weapon and miscellaneous or disguise slot), Hidden Gun has a capacity of 1 (not 10-12 like Ezio's H.Gun...just a lil more realsitic) and uses different bullets than that of pistols so must bring your own H.Gun ammo. Standard CQ Poison can be used 10 times. Poison dart(s) have capacity of 3 darts.

That's all I can think of lol I never imagined playing a hardcore AC game so I owuldn't know how to really expect to play it hahaha

AjinkyaParuleka
03-05-2013, 05:22 PM
If they keep an hardcore mode in AC4 BF I will obviously play it provided there's no Health Regen while in combat.Better Enemy AI(Not guards possessing telepathy and 210 degree vision). Allowance of only take 2 gun shots in combat and upto 3-5 weapon hits.And 3 choices(probably more) in the game.Stealth,Run away,Hit and run or direct confrontation.The Direct confrontation should be like the difficulty of Hitman Blood Money,where it is difficult to engage in a gun fight and get out of it victorious.