PDA

View Full Version : It seems like treeparkour is gone

Sushiglutton
03-05-2013, 02:19 PM
For some reason it seems like Ubi has decided to ditch the celebrated and unique tree parkour system from AC3 :(. I was really looking forward to explore the islands from the treetops and I'm very suprised and disapointed by this move. What do you guys think?

Proof:

1) Listen to this interview @3:50 (Thanks to Mani60Cent12 for posting the vid!!! http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/757024-Assassins-creed-4-Rounded-up-Video-interviews)

Q: "I noticed you said there won't be freerunning in the jungle enviroments. Now obv in the series so far it has been a lot about increasing the utility of the character and making them more flexible. Is it going to be a struggle to then take away some of that flexibility from the player?
A: Well we don't think so because we are giving so much in other places, right?. We are expanding a lot the naval experience for example. And also new enviroments and totally new gameplay like for example the underwater will be very fresh and different(....).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt66Mnl5_4U&feature=player_embedded

ProletariatPleb
03-05-2013, 02:22 PM
I remember they said that there was something new to tree-running in one of the previews not that they removed it.

Also, if that's true, then why does it look like he's jumping on the branch?

http://i.imgur.com/cOvobAg.jpg

pacmanate
03-05-2013, 02:25 PM
Thats what I was thinking ^

Well if he said that there isn't I guess he is probably telling the truth. If so, WHY. They spent so long perfecting tree running just to have it present in one game? If im honest, a jungle with no tree running is just weird. Especially because its really dense apparently which would make for better tree running. How would you use a horse in something more dense that the Frontier? It was hard using a horse in the Frontier anyway especially with all the different levels of mud.

Sickull
03-05-2013, 02:26 PM
Yeah I just read about the tree running being removed at this games core it's really about two things stabbing people and climbing stuff they should be adding not removing ways to do either of those things...kind of disappointing.

TheHumanTowel
03-05-2013, 02:26 PM
Aw man. Missed opportunity imo, Tree-running is great and can only be improved on. I guess I might not fit the character as well as Connor but I'm sure they could have made some justification where Edward learns how to do it. What's weird is that that screenshot shows Edward tree-running somewhat. Maybe they just mean he won't be scampering along small branches like Connor but there's still some parkour. I at least hope rock climbing returns. There's no reason Edward wouldn't know that.

Sushiglutton
03-05-2013, 02:27 PM
I remember they said that there was something new to tree-running in one of the previews not that they removed it.

Also, if that's true, then why does it look like he's jumping on the branch?

My guess is that there will be a few very specific trees, like the one in the pic, you can run on. But the the sort of tree to tree jumping and the big climbable trees are gone.

Aw man. Missed opportunity imo, Tree-running is great and can only be improved on. I guess I might not fit the character as well as Connor but I'm sure they could have made some justification where Edward learns how to do it. What's weird is that that screenshot shows Edward tree-running somewhat. Maybe they just mean he won't be scampering along small branches like Connor but there's still some parkour. I at least hope rock climbing returns. There's no reason Edward wouldn't know that.

It's very weird. I mean it's one thing to remove bow and arrow, or horses etc. Things that weren't that great and doesnt fit the enviroment. But to remove tree parkour is a huge blunder imo and that will hurt the hype once people find out.

ProletariatPleb
03-05-2013, 02:29 PM
My guess is that there will be a few very specific trees, like the one in the pic, you can run on. But the the sort of tree to tree jumping and the big climbable trees are gone.
Well...only native americans can run on trees and hang on branches :P

pacmanate
03-05-2013, 02:30 PM
I hate using the phrase cut and paste, but couldnt they just cut and paste the trees they already used?! I mean, the basis of tree running is there, why not utilise it? Its on the same engine too.

Sushiglutton
03-05-2013, 02:35 PM
Well...only native americans can run on trees and hang on branches :P

Englishmen have been avid tree climbers since the days of Robin Hood ;).

I hate using the phrase cut and paste, but couldnt they just cut and paste the trees they already used?! I mean, the basis of tree running is there, why not utilise it? Its on the same engine too.

Yeah exactly. Just add some Caribbean foliage and it's good to go. I thought the entire plan from the beginning was to introduce naval and tree-climbing to AC3, because they were also such a perfect fit for a Caribbean setting for the sequel they were building. I mean to develop that unique tech just for one game is incredibly stupid imo.

silvermercy
03-05-2013, 02:42 PM
Haytham didn't know tree-parkour I think. So maybe they just want some continuum with the original story??

(but yeah, I'd love some jungle tree running...)

shobhit7777777
03-05-2013, 02:44 PM
Its still there FFS....you think they would junk such a huge chunk of work?

pacmanate
03-05-2013, 02:44 PM
Englishmen have been avid tree climbers since the days of Robin Hood ;).

Yeah exactly. Just add some Caribbean foliage and it's good to go. I thought the entire plan from the beginning was to introduce naval and tree-climbing to AC3, because they were also such a perfect fit for a Caribbean setting for the sequel they were building. I mean to develop that unique tech just for one game is incredibly stupid imo.

I agree. I hope they dont keep it to a Connor thing. Edward free running makes sense because hes mature and old to learn this so its not a plot hole. Haytham not being able to free run makes sense because Edward died when he was 10 so he couldnt learn. Connor being able to free run is self explanatory.

pirate1802
03-05-2013, 02:47 PM

This. Probably its been simplified, maybe not as expansive as in AC3, but I expect it to remain there be it in a very basic form. That screenshot proves it.

FrankieSatt
03-05-2013, 02:49 PM
Tree running was a horrible idea for ACIII and the most frustrating thing to do in the game. Climbing trees wasn't very fun nor was tree running. I for one applaud the removal of it, if that is the case.

silvermercy
03-05-2013, 02:51 PM
I think they will keep it but only for small missions, where some target is hiding in the jungle for example.

Sushiglutton
03-05-2013, 02:54 PM

Please explain your interpretation of the interview! I obv did not think that, I'm shocked :(.

dxsxhxcx
03-05-2013, 02:54 PM
Tree running was a horrible idea for ACIII and the most frustrating thing to do in the game. Climbing trees wasn't very fun nor was tree running. I for one applaud the removal of it, if that is the case.

I wouldn't say it was horrible, but its execution could've been better, IMO it was counterproductive to use the trees to go to one point to another, if this feature returns in AC4, I don't think they should put the same focus on it like they did in AC3...

pirate1802
03-05-2013, 02:59 PM
I wouldn't say it was horrible, but its execution could've been better, IMO it was counterproductive to use the trees, if this feature returns in AC4, I don't think they should put the same focus on it they did in AC3...

I kinda agree with this sentiment. I didn't hate it by a long mile, but it didn't feel as awesome as it should have been for the amount of focus it got.

TheHumanTowel
03-05-2013, 03:01 PM
Tree running had problems but overall I thought it was a great evolution of the series' free-running. The pathways were a little too linear and I would have loved if they'd had more time to map out more branching paths as often it seemed like the trees took you a place you didn't want to go. But when it did work it was fantastic. Black Creek is one of my favourite areas in AC3 because the tree running is so good. It was a big achievement that opens up whole new areas for AC to explore while still keeping the navigation feel like AC. It's a mechanic that can only be improved on.

FrankieSatt
03-05-2013, 03:03 PM
I wouldn't say it was horrible, but its execution could've been better, IMO it was counterproductive to use the trees to go to one point to another, if this feature returns in AC4, I don't think they should put the same focus on it like they did in AC3...

The execution of it is why it was so horrible. I kept jumping out the tree while trying to climb and trying to find a way up with all the places that you can't climb was just frustrating to the point that I didn't even try to find the view points in any of the Frontier.

Sushiglutton
03-05-2013, 03:05 PM
Treerunning was for sure my favourite addition to AC3. Whenever I play the game now all I do is basically set a marker somewhere in the frontier and run there and see what happens on the way. It's obv not perfect, but for a first attempt it was amazing imo. No other developer has ever done enything that comes close. The most important breakthrough of the game. I hope it will make a comeback in a later title.

Sushiglutton
03-05-2013, 03:06 PM
The execution of it is why it was so horrible. I kept jumping out the tree while trying to climb and trying to find a way up with all the places that you can't climb was just frustrating to the point that I didn't even try to find the view points in any of the Frontier.

What buttons were you holding? You are only supposed to hold RT. If you do you can't jump to the ground. If you also hold 'A' (or X on Ps3) you will jump to the ground constantly.

Rugterwyper32
03-05-2013, 03:10 PM
I actually think it's more of it being gone as a main part of the game with an area based around it. No big frontier area, but some smaller jungle areas. Wouldn't surprise me if that was the case.

Megas_Doux
03-05-2013, 03:20 PM
Sad news=(

UrDeviant1
03-05-2013, 03:36 PM
Sounds like there's some conflicting Information here about tree-running. Jean Guesdon makes it sound like there won't be any parkour in the jungle, but Carsten Myhill, the Lead Content Designer, suggests that we WILL actually have some parkour features associated with the jungle:

Skip to 4:50:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6hu__uFHbEw

deskp
03-05-2013, 03:39 PM
If there are trees fit for it, it's silly if they took it out. The tree we see in that screenshot is jsut a ledge really.....

I would kindof assume they are not really saying its in the game because there is no "ffrontier" if there are visibly climable tree in the game that we cant climbe then I'll be annoyed.

Haytham not being able to treerun was jstu cause he didnt need to, and it was a way to point out the difference with him and connor.

Sushiglutton
03-05-2013, 03:58 PM
Sounds like there's some conflicting Information here about tree-running. Jean Guesdon makes it sound like there won't be any parkour in the jungle, but Carsten Myhill, the Lead Content Designer, suggests that we WILL actually have some parkour features associated with the jungle:

Skip to 4:50:

To me this interview is less reliable. Carsten basically just adds "jungle" at the end of the sentence without much thought behind. Jean on the other hand didn't protest at all when the interviewer claimed that features were removed. On the contrary he tried to justify it by pointing out the other things the game would have instead (which is fair ofc). I can't imagine Jean would do that if nothing actually was removed. I mean there will be some kind of parkour in the jungle surely. Like climbing temples and that kind of thing. But I do believe tree-parkour has been downgraded.

Funny enough I always go on about how they are bad at cutting features, but once they do I still complain :p. It's just that those palm trees and lush jungles look too juicy to not be explored fully.

UrDeviant1
03-05-2013, 04:09 PM
To me this interview is less reliable. Carsten basically just adds "jungle" at the end of the sentence without much thought behind. Jean on the other hand didn't protest at all when the interviewer claimed that features were removed. On the contrary he tried to justify it by pointing out the other things the game would have instead (which is fair ofc). I can't imagine Jean would do that if nothing actually was removed. I mean there will be some kind of parkour in the jungle surely. Like climbing temples and that kind of thing. But I do believe tree-parkour has been downgraded.

Funny enough I always go on about how they are bad at cutting features, but once they do I still complain :p. It's just that those palm trees and lush jungles looks too juicy to not be explored fully.

I thought Treerunning would become a part of the franchise. To me there's no reason not to have it. If you can do the sort of parkour these Assassin's do in the cities then you can bloody well run on trees. You don't need to be a native indian to do that. We're primates ffs even i could do it with enough experience :/

I expect the jungle environments won't be very large in this game anyway, but still it would be nice to have the option to take to the trees as a method of stealth. I thought it was so well implemented in AC3 that i can't get my head around it not being in the game :confused: We'll hopefully hear more about this in future interviews.

Sushiglutton
03-05-2013, 04:15 PM
I thought Treerunning would become a part of the franchise. To me there's no reason not to have it. If you can do the sort of parkour these Assassin's do in the cities then you can bloody well run on trees. You don't need to be a native indian to do that. We're primates ffs even i could do it with enough experience :/

I expect the jungle environments won't be very large in this game anyway, but still it would be nice to have the option to take to the trees as a method of stealth. I thought it was so well implemented in AC3 that i can't get my head around it not being in the game :confused: We'll hopefully hear more about this in future interviews.

Feel the same way, I'm just really confused. I mean you can see trees in pretty much every screenshot released, it's a great fit for this enviroment. I enjoyed it in AC3 and thought it was a generally celebrated, unique feature and something no other game does. I couldn't care less about story motivation, the AC franchise has never been realistic in that sense to me.

But you are right, perhaps it's too early to dismiss it fully, maybe future interviews will give a more clear answer. But for now I remain pessimistic about it.

andreja110s
03-05-2013, 04:16 PM
If they are really removing the tree parkour, I donīt know what to think of them. I loved the tree parkour, it was something new and special, why would they remove it?!?

Sushiglutton
03-05-2013, 04:30 PM
If they are really removing the tree parkour, I donīt know what to think of them. I loved the tree parkour, it was something new and special, why would they remove it?!?

It is very strange. Makes me wonder if we will be able to climb those huge mountains etc in the screenshots. Will we be able to reach the center of the islands, or will they be blocked? Also this talk of fifty different locations is really odd to me now that I think about it. That doesn't sound like an open world kind of thinking. Hmmm there are some fishy things going on about this open world...

deskp
03-05-2013, 04:40 PM
If treerunning is gones, is standing in V shapes also gone? and going around an obstacle on a ledge?

rupok2
03-05-2013, 04:41 PM
Wow this is very disappointing tbh. Here I thought they would improve free running on trees not take it away completely. Thats pretty sad.

I think this pretty much confirms this game was rushed. They didn't have enough time to fix old stuff so they added on content.

Now I am more skeptical of this game.

SixKeys
03-05-2013, 04:44 PM
If they indeed got rid of treerunning completely, I would be very surprised. They spent so much time trying to get it right for AC3, it was even the reason they simplified the controls so much. Somehow I doubt it'll be gone, maybe just a little different.

rupok2
03-05-2013, 04:47 PM
If they indeed got rid of treerunning completely, I would be very surprised. They spent so much time trying to get it right for AC3, it was even the reason they simplified the controls so much. Somehow I doubt it'll be gone, maybe just a little different.

The guy explicitly confirmed its gone and gave the excuse that in place they added underwater exploration which is total bs imo.

D.I.D.
03-05-2013, 04:47 PM
Wow this is very disappointing tbh. Here I thought they would improve free running on trees not take it away completely. Thats pretty sad.

I think this pretty much confirms this game was rushed. They didn't have enough time to fix old stuff so they added on content.

Now I am more skeptical of this game.

Or, more charitably, perhaps there wasn't the right density of the right kinds of trees in the locations to allow for it. Maybe you're doing a little bit of tree-running, as shown in the screenshot, but they didn't want to mislead people by claiming that the game has the full trees system back.

UrDeviant1
03-05-2013, 04:48 PM
It is very strange. Makes me wonder if we will be able to climb those huge mountains etc in the screenshots. Will we be able to reach the center of the islands, or will they be blocked? Also this talk of fifty different locations is really odd to me now that I think about it. That doesn't sound like an open world kind of thinking. Hmmm there are some fishy things going on about this open world...

Yeah, If this is open-world why are they telling us how many locations there are? shouldn't it all just be one big location? Maybe i'm missing what they mean when they say "50 locations".

luckyto
03-05-2013, 04:49 PM
I think that would be a shame.

SixKeys
03-05-2013, 04:51 PM
The guy explicitly confirmed its gone and gave the excuse that in place they added underwater exploration which is total bs imo.

But in the other video another dev said there would be freerunning in the jungle, which I can only assume means climbing on trees like in the screenshot we've seen.

Either way I won't be terribly disappointed. Treerunning worked for AC3, but it's not something that needs to become a staple in the series.

Em-Man
03-05-2013, 04:53 PM
AC3 didn't even use the feature to it's full extent. Not many missions made use of the climbing mechanic.
Now with with the "open-ended assassinations" and sandboxy AC1 approach to the mission structure/design, you would think that climbing trees would be perfect to give more options to the player. Kind of disappointing.

rupok2
03-05-2013, 04:55 PM
But in the other video another dev said there would be freerunning in the jungle, which I can only assume means climbing on trees like in the screenshot we've seen.

Either way I won't be terribly disappointed. Treerunning worked for AC3, but it's not something that needs to become a staple in the series.

But as a Numbered title you would expect them to improve something and make it work better. I thought it was a given that they would improve tree parkour even further but now I find out they just couldn't be bothered and removed it completely. What does that tell me? They didn't have time and this game is being rushed.

deskp
03-05-2013, 04:58 PM
Yeah, If this is open-world why are they telling us how many locations there are? shouldn't it all just be one big location? Maybe i'm missing what they mean when they say "50 locations".

I think they eman 50 island you can visit. not 50 open world lcoations. I assume some of these island will be the new TOMBS, and some will jsut have a small area with a puzzle or soemthing.. some might have a linear "level"

SOME of the 50 islands should have small villages though. Save yourself the dissapointment and do not think you can go anywhere on the various islands!

In landmass you can walk on I think the game will be smaller than ac3. There will be alot of water and inaccessible landmass i bet.

pirate1802
03-05-2013, 05:02 PM
I think they eman 50 island you can visit. not 50 open world lcoations. I assume some of these island will be the new TOMBS, and some will jsut have a small area with a puzzle or soemthing.. some might have a linear "level"

SOME of the 50 islands should have small villages though. Save yourself the dissapointment and do not think you can go anywhere on the various islands!

Think of Borderlands. Each map is a big (or small) open expanse but there are discoverable locations in each of them, and you don't get a loading screen when entering them. I think its the same here. 50 locations mean 50 locations of interest. Plantations, islands, tombs etc.Obviously they are a little different than say, a piece of open ocean. Hence the number.

TorQue1988
03-05-2013, 05:06 PM
"Don't expect Kenway to be able to tree-run like Connor. Ubisoft has other mechanics planned for the jungle."
I've heard this in other articles and videos as well. Some people say tree parkour will return, others say it will return in a different form and others say there won't be tree climbing at all because Ubisoft claimed it doesn't make sense for Edward.
It would be disappointing if there was no tree climbing at all. I wonder what those "other mechanics" could be,
http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/75921350.html

deskp
03-05-2013, 05:17 PM
Think of Borderlands. Each map is a big (or small) open expanse but there are discoverable locations in each of them, and you don't get a loading screen when entering them. I think its the same here. 50 locations mean 50 locations of interest. Plantations, islands, tombs etc.Obviously they are a little different than say, a piece of open ocean. Hence the number.
yes, 50 locations, not 50 fully explorable islands.

AjinkyaParuleka
03-05-2013, 05:20 PM
"Don't expect Kenway to be able to tree-run like Connor. Ubisoft has other mechanics planned for the jungle."
I've heard this in other articles and videos as well. Some people say tree parkour will return, others say it will return in a different form and others say there won't be tree climbing at all because Ubisoft claimed it doesn't make sense for Edward.
It would be disappointing if there was no tree climbing at all. I wonder what those "other mechanics" could be,
Wish those "other mechanics" are Assassin's Creed III Alpha tree parkour,which is highly unlikely.That parkour is 10 times fluid than AC3 final game one.But it won't make much sense of Edward unless he is tutored by Native Americans(another unlikely situation).

SixKeys
03-05-2013, 05:26 PM
But as a Numbered title you would expect them to improve something and make it work better. I thought it was a given that they would improve tree parkour even further but now I find out they just couldn't be bothered and removed it completely. What does that tell me? They didn't have time and this game is being rushed.

Not necessarily. The devs did say they were stripping away certain other features because the series was starting to buckle under the weight of pointless additions (bombs in ACR, crafting in AC3). It is of course possible that what you say is true, that the game was rushed and they ran out of time. But that doesn't necessarily have to be the case, just because they removed a mechanic that used to be in place. AC2 removed some stuff that was central to AC1, like eavesdropping. It wasn't until 3 games later that new devs decided to bring that feature back and rework it (IMO for the worse, but I digress).

RomanoTjavo
03-05-2013, 05:38 PM
Ubisoft is drifting further and further from the concept of assassins creed. it seems to me there will be less stealth, more direct aproach. no real assassins feeling of brotherhood. Connor barely talks about the brotherhood, and almost never act FOR the brotherhood. how will this new guy be?? I mean, ac brotherhood was a good game, it had it all. Initiation to a new member of the brotherhood he got to the rank of assassin, you know? all these little details that make the "feel" of the brotherhood is gone, with ac3 and MAYBE this new game. But, i may be wrong, but its hard to think otherwise when you see this videoo.

SRY for bad english.

WalSwJan
03-05-2013, 05:51 PM
If it's really gone,I'm disappointed. It was so awesome in AC3..easily one of the best things in the franchise in my opinion.

lothario-da-be
03-05-2013, 06:04 PM
You can also see this positive. Maybe the ac3 team lost too much resources making tree-parcour and this time they want to use those resources on things like better stealth or a difficult setting now.

Frank9182011
03-05-2013, 06:15 PM
Rumors come out that tree-running is included - board responds: "OMG copy paste from AC3 just another clone!"

Rumors come out that tree-running is not included - board responds: "WUT why cant they just copy paste from AC3 tree-running is awesome!"

Epic.

lothario-da-be
03-05-2013, 06:19 PM
Rumors come out that tree-running is included - board responds: "OMG copy paste from AC3 just another clone!"

Rumors come out that tree-running is not included - board responds: "WUT why cant they just copy paste from AC3 tree-running is awesome!"

Epic.
Some people always complain , they must have a good life...

pirate1802
03-05-2013, 06:23 PM

Epic.

Hahahahahahaha this made my day!

But seriously though Sushiglutton, don't be so disheartened. Even if they are gutting it I'm sure they will be putting an analogous system in. Without it that screenshot has no reason to exist.

Frank9182011
03-05-2013, 06:25 PM
Some people always complain , they must have a good life...

No kidding. I find the absurd amount of whining and contradictions on this board to be highly amusing. Let me share another one of my favorites...

AC3 is released - board responds: "OMG connor is so bland not even a character like ezio was AC has lost it!"

AC4 is announced, trailer shows male protagonist intimate with women - board responds: "WTF stupid ezio clone why couldnt they give connor another game this isnt fair AC has lost it!"

Keep the fodder coming, guys.

Eternal Reward
03-05-2013, 06:31 PM
Wait, are people seriously calling this game an AC3 clone?

And at the same time their trying to claim that Edward is a Ezio clone?

Da faq?

UrDeviant1
03-05-2013, 06:36 PM
No ones saying that Treerunning has to be a staple of the franchise, just that the devs obviously worked hard on the physics of it and it would seem silly not to at least have it as a feature. This isn't just some lame addition like Den Defence, this fits in with one of the core pillars of the franchise and it seemed like a natural progression of free-running. We've already established that we don't know for sure yet whether or not it'll be there in some form or another, so we'll just wait and see.

ProletariatPleb
03-05-2013, 06:36 PM
If I see the words "Ezio clone" one more time someone is going to die, very painfully.

pirate1802
03-05-2013, 06:37 PM
if i see the words "ezio clone" one more time someone is going to die, very painfully.

ezio clone!

ProletariatPleb
03-05-2013, 06:37 PM
ezio clone!
You ********** ************************** ************************ DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Eternal Reward
03-05-2013, 06:38 PM
If I see the words "Ezio clone" one more time someone is going to die, very painfully.

Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone,Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone,Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone,Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone,Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone,Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone,Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone.

TorQue1988
03-05-2013, 06:39 PM
Edward is genetically engineered.

ProletariatPleb
03-05-2013, 06:42 PM
ezio clone!

Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone,Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone,Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone,Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone,Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone,Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone,Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone, Ezio clone.

http://i.imgur.com/gNiIF0S.jpg

pacmanate
03-05-2013, 06:44 PM
^ :P

pirate1802
03-05-2013, 06:45 PM
hahahahahhahahahahahahahahah lol

Eternal Reward
03-05-2013, 06:50 PM
**** pistol, hitting through my smoke bomb.

AND, your reduced cooldown's glitching, cause how the heck could you hit pirate and me with a pistol?!

AjinkyaParuleka
03-05-2013, 06:51 PM
if i see the words "ezio clone" one more time someone is going to die, very painfully.
ezio clone

ProletariatPleb
03-05-2013, 06:51 PM
ezio clone
http://i.imgur.com/if1DR43.gif

Eternal Reward
03-05-2013, 06:54 PM
http://i.imgur.com/if1DR43.gif

http://cdn.fd.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/JGL-50-50-back-pat07secs.gif

There there........

Ezio clone

pirate1802
03-05-2013, 06:54 PM
haha. Finally he lost his cool! :P

WalSwJan
03-05-2013, 06:57 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/35727022.jpg

Sushiglutton
03-05-2013, 06:59 PM

Let's hope so. Someone posted a pic highlighting a vine, so maybe there will be some rope-swinging mechanic that translates to the jungle as well? I don't understand how it doesn't make sense for Edward though. I mean jeez even I can climb a tree. It's not like he has to been secretely trained by native americans, it's a tree, the easiest thing in the world to climb.

You can also see this positive. (...)

No :(

Hahahahahahaha this made my day!

But seriously though Sushiglutton, don't be so disheartened. Even if they are gutting it I'm sure they will be putting an analogous system in. Without it that screenshot has no reason to exist.

:(

Eternal Reward
03-05-2013, 07:00 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/35727022.jpg

http://farm2.staticflickr.com/1271/4673303111_d8c14e9775_z.jpg

pacmanate
03-05-2013, 07:20 PM

Epic.

I havent seen the second one anywhere.

ProletariatPleb
03-05-2013, 07:21 PM
It's in this very thread.

TheHumanTowel
03-05-2013, 07:25 PM
I haven't seen the first one anywhere.

Sushiglutton
03-05-2013, 07:30 PM
I haven't seen the first one anywhere.

Me neither. I mean yesterday we all thought it would return (at least I think so) and no one said a single negative word about it that I saw. The criticism was mostly focused on the horrible and shocking description of Edward as "charismatic"... :p

pirate1802
03-05-2013, 07:33 PM
I think that's a rephrasing of the "these games don't introduce significant gameplay changes they've become just like cod" argument.

Sushiglutton
03-05-2013, 07:40 PM
I think that's a rephrasing of the "these games don't introduce significant gameplay changes they've become just like cod" argument.

Fair enough, I may have said something along those lines sometime ;). But treeparkour was a good feature!

pirate1802
03-05-2013, 07:43 PM
Fair enough, I may have said something along those lines sometime ;). But treeparkour was a good feature!

May yet be there. :D

Sl1ckM4st3r
03-05-2013, 09:46 PM
It doesn't make sense if they are planning on completely removing this element. The Caribbean is FULL of trees. Do they expect us to just run and not climb anything outside of the cities?

lothario-da-be
03-05-2013, 09:52 PM
It doesn't make sense if they are planning on completely removing this element. The Caribbean is FULL of trees. Do they expect us to just run and not climb anything outside of the cities?
Afther making a frontier with tree-parcour giving us a jungle without will feel as a fail.

Sl1ckM4st3r
03-05-2013, 10:05 PM
Afther making a frontier with tree-parcour giving us a jungle without will feel as a fail.

It just would not make sense to not include with all of the different jungle environments in this game.