PDA

View Full Version : What historical figures we can expect in AC4 : Black Flag

Goxxi
03-05-2013, 12:16 AM
For now It were confirmed a :

Edward "Blackbeard" Teach
Benjamin Hornigold
Calico Jack
Anne Bonny (Irish girl and probably most famous female pirate)
Charles Vane

So do U have any ideas about some other figures ?

I guess also Bartholomew Roberts shall be in ; )

Probably some targets in the game will be a local British and Spanish governers of colonies in Carribiean area.

yiddo93
03-05-2013, 12:19 AM
Davy Jones.
The Kraken.

Escappa
03-05-2013, 12:22 AM
They set off from Havanna...in 1715...dissappears in a "hurricane"....maybe this can be something (not really a person but yet historical)
Some of the lost coins also have templar-signed coins ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1715_Treasure_Fleet

LoyalACFan
03-05-2013, 12:26 AM
Not exactly a historical figure, but I hope to see Achilles as a kid. His bio says he was born in 1710, and one of his parents was from the Caribbean. That means Achilles could have grown up in the area that Black Flag takes place in.

Wouldn't it be a sweet twist if Edward mentored Achilles? :D The dates would match up; the only constraining factor is that he needs to be back in England by 1725 to sire Haytham, but by that point Achilles would be 15 years old; plenty old enough to have some Assassin training under his belt. Besides, they could play around a little with the dates anyway; they could easily shift Haytham's birthdate a few years into the future if they wanted Edward to spend more time with Achilles.

Escappa
03-05-2013, 12:29 AM
Not exactly a historical figure, but I hope to see Achilles as a kid. His bio says he was born in 1710, and one of his parents was from the Caribbean. That means Achilles could have grown up in the area that Black Flag takes place in.

Wouldn't it be a sweet twist if Edward mentored Achilles? :D The dates would match up; the only constraining factor is that he needs to be back in England by 1725 to sire Haytham, but by that point Achilles would be 15 years old; plenty old enough to have some Assassin training under his belt. Besides, they could play around a little with the dates anyway; they could easily shift Haytham's birthdate a few years into the future if they wanted Edward to spend more time with Achilles.

Yeah...having him as a ship's boy :D
And then he makes something to catch Edwards attention

Goxxi
03-05-2013, 12:38 AM
Sorry but who was Achilles , I know only for an Achilles from greek mythology ?

Kaschra
03-05-2013, 12:40 AM
Since Anne Bonny is confirmed... I'd like to see Mary Read, too!

Yeah...having him as a ship's boy :D
And then he makes something to catch Edwards attention

That would be pretty cool! :D

Escappa
03-05-2013, 12:40 AM
Sorry but who was Achilles , I know only for an Achilles from greek mythology ?

In AC3, he was an old man who brought Connor to the brotherhood and mentored him.

Goxxi
03-05-2013, 12:46 AM
Aha Ok , I still didn't play AC3 ( but I hope that I will order a game this week) ; )

KJGPlay
03-05-2013, 02:03 AM
In Pirates of the Caribbean lore, Captain Jack Sparrow taught a young Benjamin Franklin a trick with a kite and a key ...

Maybe Franklin as a younger man can be crowbarred in, this time as the inventor equivalent of Leonardo Da Vinci from AC2.

BATISTABUS
03-05-2013, 02:09 AM
Oh my god, yes please. In some removed sound files, we know that Connor knows about his grandfather. Who told him? Achilles. And Haytham spared Achilles after the defeat of the American Assassins...maybe Edward told him about their adventures?

LoyalACFan
03-05-2013, 03:20 AM
In Pirates of the Caribbean lore, Captain Jack Sparrow taught a young Benjamin Franklin a trick with a kite and a key ...

Maybe Franklin as a younger man can be crowbarred in, this time as the inventor equivalent of Leonardo Da Vinci from AC2.

It would be a bit of a stretch, since I'm pretty sure Franklin never ventured far from Philadelphia until later in his life. But it's possible, yeah ;) I just think they've built a perfect platform for Achilles to appear, since we know about his Caribbean ancestry. Hell, I guess Edward could technically be his father :eek: That would be pushing the envelope, IMO, but you never know.

Oh my god, yes please. In some removed sound files, we know that Connor knows about his grandfather. Who told him? Achilles. And Haytham spared Achilles after the defeat of the American Assassins...maybe Edward told him about their adventures?

Good idea. Although I think the sound file in question was revealed to be part of one of the upcoming TOKW episodes.

Speaking of which... Way to go Ubi, for making EVERYONE forget all about your upcoming DLC... :p

XvX-BLiZzaRd-XvX
03-05-2013, 12:37 PM

That really wouldn't be very accurate now would it?

Eternal Reward
03-05-2013, 01:31 PM

Well......SO? I mean, Paul Revere probably wasn't that annoying during his midnight ride, which is debated that it even existed, and they still put that in.

KJGPlay
03-05-2013, 01:46 PM

Da Vinci didn't really meet Ezio and craft weapons for him from the Codex, or made new alterations when they met up again in Rome.

Just a FYI.

Eternal Reward
03-05-2013, 01:50 PM
Da Vinci didn't really meet Ezio and craft weapons for him from the Codex, or made new alterations when they met up again in Rome.

Just a FYI.

OOOOHHHHH.

That explains the F on my history paper.....